Guild Missions [merged]

Guild Missions [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

My feedback on guild missions:

You introduced the content that requires UNLOCK. This is going 10 years backwards in MMO design. And that unlock is done in the worst possible way I can imagine. You can actually buy it for real money. Or do something I would rather not do -> joining big guild.

I still hope I’ll be able to participate in these events that are started by other guilds and actually earn the same rewards, but from what I read on the wiki, it is not the case.

So here goes another crappy design: rewarding players for doing the same content differently. Absurd situations where players help guild find the NPC for guild bounty and get much lower reward for actually making it much easier for the guild to do their mission…

Mmorpgs have always been like this even GW1 you had to do some level of prep work to get to new content. Do you have a small guild are you a leader of one what do you call a small guild i think your in an inactive guild or a relativity new one. Small guilds are not the problem its the inactive guild and inactive members who only play 3 days out of a month just to see updates. It dose take time to build up the prep work for these events but every thing good comes in time and the level of these events should not be just simply handed to inactive players. At best players like this would become frustrated with the level of team work that is need for these events that an inactive guild cant hope to do.

They need to add in a way to see ppl last time played for both in game and out of game. I think we may have ppl who are not all they seem to be.

Vanilla WoW was like this where you had attunements for instances. What kind of content in GW1 resembles that? I don’t know of any. I hope you see the difference in unlocking the content and leveling your character or simply walking into some place?

There is huge difference between providing group content, that is too hard for small number of players and thus not accessible to small guilds, and by placing a fixed lock. I’m not against working together as a guild towards something, the only problem is when that something is a game content.

Design error. And very basic one.

From what i can recall in GW1 there was quest that you had to do to unlock new zones one of the reason why i did not like GW1. Also WoW came out in less then 10 years so it has not pushed things back by 10 years (the main reason why i respond to your post). Miss information is bad and statements like that will only cause a harsher response.
Its only time consuming for small guilds its too hard for inactive guilds both for getting to the events and doing the events them self. If your in a guild you cant just simply abandoned them for long bits of time and think its ok.

Something i was thinking about if this is all for the reward your putting way too much work into these forms the earrings by them self are nothing for a boots. And once you get these earrings there is nothing else. To just do these guild quest for pure items IS a waist of time. Your far better off running Fractals.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

From what i can recall in GW1 there was quest that you had to do to unlock new zones one of the reason why i did not like GW1. Also WoW came out in less then 10 years so it has not pushed things back by 10 years (the main reason why i respond to your post). Miss information is bad and statements like that will only cause a harsher response.

From what I can recall, there were several places in Guild Wars 1 where you could not proceed unless you had done the previous bits in sequence for the story progression. And I’m talking Prophecies.

• There was no way to reach the Crystal Desert without finishing Sanctum Cay. This never changed, because you had to do this even if you had finished Nightfall and knew about the hidden teleport pad.
  • There was no way to beat the Mursaat . . . okay, it was incredibly hard to defeat the Mursaat unless you were Infused. Earliest form of the game, this was an incredibly time-consuming event which later got streamlined. You still had to do it or you were likely to die. Quickly. Before you could go “holy crap where did my HP go?”
  • You could not reach the Ring of Fire unless you finished Thunderhead Keep.

But you could run almost everywhere on the mainland with a determined enough way of getting there. And with no level requirements it meant it was possible to get your maximum effective armor in . . . mmm, two to three hours after leaving Pre-Searing Ascalon. This was not entirely intended and had a tendency to unbalance things. Just a tad.

In Factions the designers decided not to permit that and more strictly controlled progression. People really did not like that to put it mildly . . .

In Nightfall, you would only move to the next region by completing the storyline. This meant you were experiencing the story up to a point before moving on, so there was a more coherent storyline than there was on Prophecies . . . and more freedom than in Factions.

Something i was thinking about if this is all for the reward your putting way too much work into these forms the earrings by them self are nothing for a boots. And once you get these earrings there is nothing else. To just do these guild quest for pure items IS a waist of time. Your far better off running Fractals.

. . . you’re not allowed to say you don’t need Ascended gear or that it’s a waste of time . . . I’ve been saying that for a while now and people have called me the worst things in places where moderators don’t slap people on the back of the head for acting like a jerk to a person.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Dragon Relic.8216

Dragon Relic.8216

I’m a little confused by the commendation system. We can only get 2 commendations from each guild mission type per week? That means each week a guild will only do 1 of each mission type? This is very difficult if we do not share schedules or we are not organized…

Also, how does the 1week timer work? Does it reset on monday or do I have to memorize when I slay a bounty?

I’M CONFUSED AND I WANT MY ASCENDED ACCESSORIES! Q-Q

I’m confused about this as well. How come the dev’s haven’t listed a guide about guild missions and explain the merit system and commendations limitations. Let us know please

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

I’m fairly unhappy about guild missions because I have over 2000 hours in this game; yet, being in a small guild, I do not have access to guild missions.

Also seems that we do not get rewards for guesting to other worlds to do guild missions which would hurt non-tribalistic guilds. Yes, ANET , you are promoting tribalism (guilds that are biased towards players based on their world server.)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: pencapchew.5432

pencapchew.5432

ok just tryed t1 with my guild well 2 groups of my guild which is about the most we can field at one time maybe 3 if well planed around everyones work/kids/time zones.
so here is the problems i see
1) small guilds cant do this as intended
– 20 player min…..from the boss we did find 2 groups and we just wiped in a chain one hit from mesmer dude in brisbane wildlands took half of mine and other warriors health and good luck for the squish .
– 15 min time limit… only means that unless you send at least one person to each location before you start and have them hold them near a waypoint or have 20-30 people plus. you cant start it and then find them turning this into not as intended you have to track them first then pop the bounty kinda makes no sense since im betting the idea was to get bounty then go find them and kill them. which if you try that way you eat up way to much time unless you have 20-30 people for t1.

2) influence isnt that bad but what if my guild didnt want to do the bounty or well as seen today cant due to lack of numbers/time restriction. which means we also cant do the guild rush or trek or puzzle. which now means we we are barred from doing more. unless we recruit more people or team up with another guild but that would be great but oh wait there is no guild alliances in gw2 and there is also no 20 man group for content like this which there should be and it would help for wvw as well

3) i truthfully dont know if your scaling systems is working right for this. if the mob scales to those fighting it and on the other side idk if we were scaled down during the fight but like i said they both need to be happening cause getting 2 hit as one of the heaviest people in my guild and i have shout heals something is not right here.

4) the bountys regen is one thing but it was going back up to full mid fight from like 75% as were attacking it thats not regen

^^ This. It doesent matter if you unlock everything. Small guilds would fail this content. No matter how hard you tried. Try to track Prisoner 1141.
I am in the largest Guild on Borlis Pass. We did a tier 3 bounty Sat night. It took an hour to track down all 16 bounty NPC’s with a small groups of 3-4 players. Once we found them all the guild leader kicked off the mission and we found out what six we needed. We had 60+ zerging them. Granted some were easy and went down quickly, some not so much. There was a couple that wiped the floor with us.

Bottom line is, this content is not for small guilds. ( At least the bounties are not. And I would have to say Guild Challenge too.)

I Think Anet should of started with Guild Trek first or something less harsh. So if you are a small guild and get the stuff unlocked at least you can do some of the stuff. Even if guild trek and guild rush is all you can do on repeat.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Misty Red Rose.9320

Misty Red Rose.9320

I’m a little confused by the commendation system. We can only get 2 commendations from each guild mission type per week? That means each week a guild will only do 1 of each mission type? This is very difficult if we do not share schedules or we are not organized…

Also, how does the 1week timer work? Does it reset on monday or do I have to memorize when I slay a bounty?

I’M CONFUSED AND I WANT MY ASCENDED ACCESSORIES! Q-Q

Yes, you can get the commendations once a week, and from what I hear reset is Saturday 4pm game time.

What our guild does and will do is to have 1 or 2 big runs, and get all of our merits, then throughout the week run the 2 boss bounty hunt and give players the chance to hit one boss. You don’t even have to kill both bosses since you don’t need merits, but at least your members can get the weekly cap. Since it’s only 200 influence and they stack the bounty can be ready whenever you need it.

Also, Dulfy’s guide is almost a requirement to success. http://dulfy.net/2013/02/27/gw2-guild-bounty-guide/

(edited by Misty Red Rose.9320)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Uncle Salty.6342

Uncle Salty.6342

Expected Anet reply.

“Based on our QA/Feedback/data, _Fill in the blanks__”

still wondering the basis of their decisions.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Firefox’s 2copper:
I believe the smaller guilds have to stop complaining and honestly the leadership has to stop being so bloody prideful. If you accept the idea of banding together and merging with other guilds, you could ALOT accomplish more. What is the point of asking for free gold and a solution to smaller guilds. I am completely pro:guild pride, however you can’t completely overlook the fact that you can’t do EVERYTHING alone. If you wish to play with your group of friends, consider moving as a group into another guild. No one says you have to disband your guild, but if you care ever so much for a name(guild), then roll with a bigger guild and slowly save up gold to buy influence for your other guild? This game was meant to bring people together,it’s not like you go around fighting your server in WvWvW. When you finally think about it, this game is about making friends and working together,isolating yourself in a small guild where you only play with your own group, just reflect on that before you go ranting about how “unfair” it is for smaller guilds. Guild Missions were meant for Organized and guilds with a fair amount of Teamwork and dedication.

I think once ANet responds, small guilds will need to accept that guild missions are for larger guilds. That choosing to remain in a small guild means choosing not to do this particular content. However, there is no call to lecture people for making that choice. Guild missions are not the be-all and end-all of GW2, they are just something new.

The only official announcement about this content says small guilds can use the content. There is no mention of how small, or what’s involved other than the bit about maybe needing to get help from others in a map. If you want to lambaste someone, lambaste ANet for incomplete and misleading information that created expectations.

It sounds like the complaints frustrate you. It may seem like forever that people have been complaining. It’s been less than a week. ANet needs time to formulate a response and people are hardly, without some official word, going to give up asking for something that was — albeit loosely — promised.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Misty Red Rose.9320

Misty Red Rose.9320

Here’s a wild suggestion for the developers at anet. I’m not sure if it’s even doable, but it would help small and even medium guilds complete their missions. It might also help solve the issue of other guilds swooping in and killing a target before guild members who activated the event even have a chance to hit the boss.

When a guild activates a bounty, why not have it appear in the window the way other events do where you’re near them. They would only appear in the window of the guild who activated the bounty. Something like “Bounty Hunt! Prisoner 1411 was last seen swimming south in Bloodfin Lake” and “Poobado was last spotted near Wizard’s Fief” would pop up in every active member’s screen. Yes, members would still have to map and find them, but even a small guild of 6-7 players online could do it, and they would have a chance to get to the boss before some other guild swooped in and killed them, because there wouldn’t be any reason for a guild to sit and watch that particular boss.

Just a suggestion.

We have a medium sized guild and we did the 2 tier boss bounty twice and everyone loved it . Yet, it did require some coordination and we had at least 30 players each time. I’d hate to see so many GW 2 lovin players be locked out of many of these missions.

The only problem with this is guilds are not just randomly targeting these bosses—you can’t attack them unless you are on a mission to kill them. These other guilds have these bosses as targets as well. Therefore this doesn’t actually get rid of the problem of other guilds killing your target.

Other than that, I would say, based on what I’m hearing from others here who’ve tried the missions, either ditch the timer or go with this idea.

While it might be true two or more guild might get the same boss, it would still take some time for them to get there. They wouldn’t be sitting right next to a boss.

We have almost 300 members in our guild so we have no trouble putting together teams and it will help us recruit. I thought the guild missions would help small guilds too since it would give them more things to do together and that would help in recruitment and activity. But the way things are set up this could damage a lot of smaller even mid-size guilds.

I love what they have released so far but it needs some tweaking, or it will destroy many small guilds. (I’m not talking about clique guilds, but guilds that are trying to build their membership and are having a tough time already.)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

Ascended gear really should not have been added, not like this.
This is a mess. A complete mess. Currencies on top of currencies, grind on top of grind…….it’s all so terrible…..and confusing really.
I really really want to continue playing and liking this game but the decisions they’ve been making have just been all over the dang place.
It was stated in an AMA shortly after the gear came out that they foresaw the player rage that would come about but that they also regret limiting the acquisition of that gear to fractals only.

So….why did you release it? I literally don’t understand. It’s like Anet all said, “This is gonna suck…….let’s do it.”

I really really have no idea why they decided to screw themselves and go about releasing ascended gear in this way. I can’t even emphasize how much of a mess it is right now. The gear in it’s entirety, all the pieces, all the means of acquiring it…..it all should’ve been worked out and released as part of a full blown expansion.
These monthly updates should’ve just featured the story arcs, the changes to dailies/monthlies and the laurel system (sans ascended gear). New events should’ve been added to the zones apart from the Living Story ones to break up the monotony of the existing ones…..all kinds of small stuff that the fans appreciate. Weren’t we told that new DE’s would get cycled in and out all the time? To keep things fresh?
But no. Anet decided to just throw out ascended gear before everything was fully fleshed out in some mad dash at achieving some element of longevity cuz (SURPRISE), players acquired their legendaries faster that they thought they would.
I honestly believe that Arenanet made the mistake of shooting for the stars with this MMO without first having their feet planted firmly on the ground.

Seriously, they talk and hype waaaaaaaaaaay too much cuz with almost every single content patch SOMETHING has been bugged and/or gamebreaking.
They seriously need to stop trying to impress us so much. They’re like an eager son trying desperately to please his father but every attempt just fails because he’s so young and naive.
That’s Arenanet in a nutshell to me.

Arenanet needs to stop trying to be that boy. They should cut the B/S, come out with a PTR and let us test this and we can tell them what works and what doesn’t. Think of the knowledge that could’ve been gained had these missions been open to us for a few months so they could accurately see the effect it would have on guilds of all sizes.
Think of how The Lost Shores could’ve gone had we a chance to test it first?

They keep trying to be amazing. They’re not yet. They need to let us help and quit trying to do that which thus far, they’ve been unable to adequately do on their own. An MMO like this with such complex systems BEGS for a PTR.

Be it a monthly patch or a full blown expansion, they NEED some sort of test group that exceeds the capabilities of their in-house testers. They NEED that large scale player feedback.

Because right now, we have what we have currently: A hodgepodge of rushed systems all aimed at getting you gear that really, we shouldn’t even know about yet BECAUSE it wasn’t ready.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Not really a concern, more of a reassurance. My other small guild just did a t1 with only 6 people. We almost got t2 but spent too much time looking for 1 boss =/

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Because right now, we have what we have currently: A hodgepodge of rushed systems all aimed at getting you gear that really, we shouldn’t even know about yet BECAUSE it wasn’t ready.

Couldn’t agree more.

ArenaNet – we’ve got our backpacks and a full suite of accessories. Please stop with the Ascended gear. No more. Just make a fun game to play, and focus on that. When you start adding Tier gear to these gating systems you have, the game goes from fun to being a job.

I’m pretty sure that if you hadn’t attached BiS gear to Fractals, guild missions, dailies, and monthlies, you’d have a game that people enjoy, because they can play how they want to, and a much smaller crowd of upset folks.

Please wake up. Please don’t release any more Ascended gear. It’s destroying your game.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I and the most active members in my guild of 20 have been farming together so we can buy up the influence to unlock guild bounties (just started AoW lvl 5 last night, wahoo!). It’s been great to see people rally together to tackle the hurdle in front of us rather than leave to join a bigger guild. Warms my heart!

I just hope we will have enough people around at one time to be able to find and kill 2 bounties in 15 minutes once we get there.

(edited by rozcinana.7249)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Firefox’s 2copper:
I believe the smaller guilds have to stop complaining and honestly the leadership has to stop being so bloody prideful. If you accept the idea of banding together and merging with other guilds, you could ALOT accomplish more. What is the point of asking for free gold and a solution to smaller guilds. I am completely pro:guild pride, however you can’t completely overlook the fact that you can’t do EVERYTHING alone. If you wish to play with your group of friends, consider moving as a group into another guild. No one says you have to disband your guild, but if you care ever so much for a name(guild), then roll with a bigger guild and slowly save up gold to buy influence for your other guild? This game was meant to bring people together,it’s not like you go around fighting your server in WvWvW. When you finally think about it, this game is about making friends and working together,isolating yourself in a small guild where you only play with your own group, just reflect on that before you go ranting about how “unfair” it is for smaller guilds. Guild Missions were meant for Organized and guilds with a fair amount of Teamwork and dedication.

How is not wanting to be in a Guild:

-Not wanting to meet new friends (being in a large Guild doesn’t necessarily means you’ll make new friends + you can do it all the time even without Guild)?

-Not wanting to work together or employ teamwork

-Not being organized

-Not being “dedicated” (I dare you prove to me that small Guilds are not “dedicated” just because they are small)

Why should people “roll with the bigger Guild” if they don’t prefer them? Why is it wrong for people to be the kind of person that doesn’t enjoy large Guild? And how such person wouldn’t feel as if he/she is just doing it out of convenience, to help himself/herself, rather than the large Guild? On that token will many large Guilds allow those small Guilds to represent themselves? Because most of those Guilds do have a 100% representation policy imposed by dictator-like leadership (no offense to those leaders, I just would never “command” my Guildies like that.) Simply put, some people are not the type to like big Guilds, and that’s OK-you should study more how people work, and why it is OK for them to prefer different things than those you do.

In short, “small Guild people” have the right to exist and enjoy GW2 as mush as you guys who prefer large Guilds-this is a matter of some people failing to understand what they don’t know (apparently, that there are different types of people other than themselves.) I mean you no ill will, and realize that many other people have no idea about how people are different from each other and therefore should behave as themselves, rather than “as required” by a societal stereotype-therefore, I am not singling you out, and hope you don’t take offense to my words above.

Much success with your large Guild, and keep enjoying GW2 as you do-just don’t expect others to find the same kind of enjoyment you draw from the big Guild you so much like to be a part of.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

Mega-Guilds are definitely encouraged in this game, and that’s sort of pointless? I mean, a Mega-Guild is really just a giant PUG-hub. You don’t really know anyone in the guild. Going on dungeons/fractals/spvp with them is no different than going on dungeons with a PUG. WvW is still reduced to following a commander tag around. All you really get is global chat and a bank vault filled with food no one wants.

If that’s what we’re encouraging, why have guilds at all? Why not just make this open world content, as if everyone on the server is part of the same guild? Makes no difference, really.

Guild Missions [merged]

Jski.6180

. . . you’re not allowed to say you don’t need Ascended gear or that it’s a waste of time . . . I’ve been saying that for a while now and people have called me the worst things in places where moderators don’t slap people on the back of the head for acting like a jerk to a person.

Its not just Ascended gear the earring are barely stronger then exotic these events are NOT worth the rewards. They are fun to run but that it.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

We (Nocturnal) did our first guild mission: bounty, last night. I must say we had a great time!

Took a little while to find all the npc’s before we kicked off the event but we managed to down both in the time limit with about 20 people. We got Devious Teesa (Frostgorge Sound) and she had HUGE hp and we also got Bookworm Bwikki (Lornar’s Pass) who was a massive pain in the kitten because he kept getting huge stacks of defiant and didn’t realise that you couldn’t damage him while you had condition on you (or atleast that’s what it seemed like)

Great creativity so far and really looking forward to completing more with the guild

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Arosa.2647

Arosa.2647

I can understand that bounties can’t be made by small guilds like mine properly. I can understand that some guild missions are meant for larger guilds.

The thing is that they should have made treks or races to be the first unlockable, so small guilds could earn their merits slowly. They way they have put them, a lot of small guilds are trapped without the chance to unlock anything unless they are lucky to beat the bosses on time :/

[DA] Disaster Area | [HiNe] Hijos de Némesis
Togame la Estratega – Engineer
Marga Sorin – Druid

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I think once ANet responds, small guilds will need to accept that guild missions are for larger guilds.

Maybe so but don’t attach BiS items to them then with a grind attached to the alternate means of obtaining them. Or put in place a guild alliance system. Its remarkably stupid how many good systems GW1 had which weren’t replicated in GW2.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

My two cents:

1) As a small guild leader, I am terrified that I won’t be able to hold half of my members much longer. (The other half is real-life friends, so we’ll stick together.)

2) It sounds like there’s some major griefing going on with folks being in the mission area and not helping.

3) You could solve both of these problems by increasing the rewards for non-guilded players to match the rewards for guilded players minus commendations. That seems high enough to entice others to help, but still is enough of a benefit for guilded members to want to start the content themselves to earn commendations.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Mudfin.4637

Mudfin.4637

This may have been said somewhere else in this monster thread, but here goes.

To me a fix that could be very simple and I think wouldn’t hurt Anets over all concwept for this content. Why not allow the guilds to choose which content to start with. Instead of forcing Bounties on PvE guilds, why not allow Rushes, Treks, puzzles and Bounties to be a starting point. I’m sure Economics and Architecture, etc. have been researched by most guilds.

I think the influence could be reduced slightly or left alone. I just think that a lot of smaller guilds would be okay with the effort it took to get there if they could choose the starting path. Being forced down one path they don’t care about and then being told it will cost a lot of influence, feels like a smack in the face.

/shrug.

Sibley Thorne – Necromancer – HoD

Guild Missions [merged]

timmyf.1490

I just think that a lot of smaller guilds would be okay with the effort it took to get there if they could choose the starting path. Being forced down one path they don’t care about and then being told it will cost a lot of influence, feels like a smack in the face.

Yeah, but now that I’ve already blown 15k on Art of War 3+4 for a guild that barely ever WvWs, it’d feel like yet another smack in the face for them to change it after-the-fact. (Of course, we don’t have the 20k yet for AoW5, so I guess I’d take it.)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

I think once ANet responds, small guilds will need to accept that guild missions are for larger guilds. That choosing to remain in a small guild means choosing not to do this particular content.

i am most curious why you believe this is a viable scenario. why you think that people who pay the same amount of money to purchase the game, and people who probably also buy gems to help support/promote the game, should be segregated and divided into a clearly separated group of the “haves” and the “have-nots?” why is it appropriate that the larger guilds be rewarded and cheered for being the “haves,” while smaller guilds are seen as lazy, or whatever, and must accept that they will be the “have-nots”?

or are you saying that arenanet is going to be so foolish as to allow this reprehensible situation to continue, and therefore, for that reason, the smaller guilds will just have to “suck it up”?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

Mmorpgs have always been like this even GW1 you had to do some level of prep work to get to new content. Do you have a small guild are you a leader of one what do you call a small guild i think your in an inactive guild or a relativity new one. Small guilds are not the problem its the inactive guild and inactive members who only play 3 days out of a month just to see updates. It dose take time to build up the prep work for these events but every thing good comes in time and the level of these events should not be just simply handed to inactive players. At best players like this would become frustrated with the level of team work that is need for these events that an inactive guild cant hope to do.

They need to add in a way to see ppl last time played for both in game and out of game. I think we may have ppl who are not all they seem to be.

anet stated that they want people to play and enjoy the play, not try to progress toward enjoyment of the play. the design of the guild missions is absolutely counter to that statement. this is the beef most, especially your smaller guilds, have with the guild missions.

large guilds have “spare” influence to spend. fantastic, i’m more than overjoyed for them! smaller guilds? not so much. so if you have a guild of folk who truly enjoy each other’s company, but work, and have kids, and real lives, and only play a few hours each evening … those guilds MUST make the choice to either disregard this content because it’s either unachievable or not achievable for … a while. or? these guilds MUST commit to changing their playstyle into a grind in order to obtain guild missions.

i do not believe the answer is to penalize large guilds in any way. not to point fingers at them, to be angry or frustrated with them — they’re large, often, BECAUSE they want the fast perks, they want the benefits. great! sadly, however, an answer does need to be found, because as it stands right now, your truly small guilds ARE being penalized for not being large.

even your post, with the thought that you need to check people’s played times, etc, is of that mindset. dispense with the chaff! you are saying, in essence. they’re useless to you. but they’re not — they’re friends. when they’re on, their company is a pleasure, and a joy.

again. it’s a choice that’s being forced only on the small guilds that is the disparity. please don’t lose sight of that. no more than i will ever tell you your playstyle is wrong, or that your choice of a guild is wrong, please don’t tell me that choosing to remain a small, close-knit guild with some members who come and go sporadically is “wrong.” rather, offer me the ability to get the same for my money as you get for yours — without the grind. the large guilds don’t have to grind … why is it considered ok that my guild, or other small guilds, should have to, if we wish to enjoy content?

Guild Missions [merged]

Tobias Trueflight.8350

or are you saying that arenanet is going to be so foolish as to allow this reprehensible situation to continue, and therefore, for that reason, the smaller guilds will just have to “suck it up”?

I think so, and I don’t think it’s foolish if you take one thought to mind when looking at this:

We were never explicitly supposed to get to doing these immediately. Sure, the potential was there but by and large, the idea was that guilds would save their Influence and use it over time while learning from the guilds first to the gate. That when they were finally ready, they’d know what they were in for.

I think the concept behind the pricing is very possibly something to suggest this is a long-term goal which they have loaded in. Something not to tide people over for the next content update . . . they will burn out quickly, and so will players, if every month the developers have to produce this content and players are expected to get through it even in part.

Do I think the prices are a bit high? Yeah, of course I do. But I stop and ask “why?” instead of reacting to it. There has to be a reason . . . and I reject the idea that it has to be malice or incompetence.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Leohan.1096

Leohan.1096

I would like to see implementation of a mechanic put into the guild roster list, where if a guild reaches 500 members, it is automatically disbanded and the guild deleted from the game.

You say this is crazy? WTF? What is he even talking about?

This is what people telling the small to medium guilds to just join large guilds or to merge with others guilds are telling others to do. To throw away months of hard work and dedication to boost the numbers and egos of the “mega super fun time”, guilds.

For those who can not see the value of actually having a guild where people care about each other and help each other when ever asked, I truly feel sorry for them. That they could never understand the sense of community and friendship that others have within their guild.

Those suggesting to others to just leave their guilds shows, they have never experienced such a thing. I do hope one day those who have not, will eventually, so they can understand why we are so against such actions as to represent other guilds.

Guild: Assured Mutual Destruction [ICBM]
World: Isle of Janthir (NA)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Since we started i have gotten 6 Guild commendations? my brother who has fought the same bosses has received 0 commendations for the last 4 days..

So i’m confused
Is it 2 commendations a day (24 hours)
Is it 2 commendations per tier killed?
Is it 2 commendations per week (if so how did i get 6)?

This info should be on the game website for all to see this lack of info is very poor…

What are the reward specifications for Guild bounties Anet?

Guild Missions [merged]

timmyf.1490

This is what people telling the small to medium guilds to just join large guilds or to merge with others guilds are telling others to do. To throw away months of hard work and dedication to boost the numbers and egos of the “mega super fun time”, guilds.

I hope you didn’t mean it this way, but as leader of the 53-member (about 5-10 active per night) Super Mega Happy Fun Time guild, I’m hurt. Our core mostly knows each other in real-life, the remainder from playing together every day, and while I’ve resorted to doing some recruiting to try to build our ranks, we have every intention of capping ourselves at about 15-20 daily active members.

Guild Missions [merged]

Jski.6180

anet stated that they want people to play and enjoy the play, not try to progress toward enjoyment of the play. the design of the guild missions is absolutely counter to that statement. this is the beef most, especially your smaller guilds, have with the guild missions.

large guilds have “spare” influence to spend. fantastic, i’m more than overjoyed for them! smaller guilds? not so much. so if you have a guild of folk who truly enjoy each other’s company, but work, and have kids, and real lives, and only play a few hours each evening … those guilds MUST make the choice to either disregard this content because it’s either unachievable or not achievable for … a while. or? these guilds MUST commit to changing their playstyle into a grind in order to obtain guild missions.

i do not believe the answer is to penalize large guilds in any way. not to point fingers at them, to be angry or frustrated with them — they’re large, often, BECAUSE they want the fast perks, they want the benefits. great! sadly, however, an answer does need to be found, because as it stands right now, your truly small guilds ARE being penalized for not being large.

even your post, with the thought that you need to check people’s played times, etc, is of that mindset. dispense with the chaff! you are saying, in essence. they’re useless to you. but they’re not — they’re friends. when they’re on, their company is a pleasure, and a joy.

again. it’s a choice that’s being forced only on the small guilds that is the disparity. please don’t lose sight of that. no more than i will ever tell you your playstyle is wrong, or that your choice of a guild is wrong, please don’t tell me that choosing to remain a small, close-knit guild with some members who come and go sporadically is “wrong.” rather, offer me the ability to get the same for my money as you get for yours — without the grind. the large guilds don’t have to grind … why is it considered ok that my guild, or other small guilds, should have to, if we wish to enjoy content?

You do not need these new items its your chose to go after them and your chose to stress over the fact that you can or cant do them. So i think you should be mad with your self not Anet but hay blame every one else before your self.

Small guilds CAN do these events now inactive guilds CANT. Read post here ppl ARE running them in very small guilds.

Agen its inactive guilds that are going away not small guilds there always going to be ppl who want to stay with small guilds it may be a bit more work but if you want it you CAN get to that point.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: bomber.1540

bomber.1540

I’m in a very large guild which has done the bounty.. Great. Only prob is I’m in Australia and most of them are in the us, so I can’t actually do the missions cos of time zone difference… There’s simply not enough ppl in my time zone to be able to do it… So do I find another guild or just settle on the fact I’ll never do these missions?

Guild Missions [merged]

timmyf.1490

Agen its inactive guilds that are going away not small guilds there always going to be ppl who want to stay with small guilds it may be a bit more work but if you want it you CAN get to that point.

Out of curiosity, how many people are in your guild? Total roster and active?

Guild Missions [merged]

Jski.6180

Out of curiosity, how many people are in your guild? Total roster and active?

Total is 465 ish active is a bit harder to tie down it verys during guild events nearly 140 off times more like 30. Now our guild is broken in 2 parts a group that i am in who use vent all the time and the ppl who do not use vent so more on the lines “my” group is more like 20 ish. Its a guild from GW1 well the vent group.

Guild Missions [merged]

Leohan.1096

I hope you didn’t mean it this way, but as leader of the 53-member (about 5-10 active per night) Super Mega Happy Fun Time guild, I’m hurt. Our core mostly knows each other in real-life, the remainder from playing together every day, and while I’ve resorted to doing some recruiting to try to build our ranks, we have every intention of capping ourselves at about 15-20 daily active members.

What are you even talking about? Your guild name is " Super Mega Happy Fun Time" and you took offense to me saying “mega super fun time”?

Because it was a play on words in my post to make fun of the situation Anet as created, where if you want to have fun in the game and want perks, you better be a part of a guild with 500 people in them.

Until now I had no idea your guild existed until I searched it in the forums and even then you only have one post telling someone in January about your guild. Also looked you guys up on google, very little activity if at all.

Did not realize a guild actually used a stereo type Japanese to English saying. It was however in no way directed at any one guild, but the situation and state of the game is in now.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

I don’t get why some people think smaller guilds should merge into larger ones for this, or that players should leave what they are otherwise happy with for something they don’t want.

Do you want these people in your guild? They don’t care about your guild. Don’t want to be in it. Might be a bit resentful of the whole situation and aren’t likely to help out with anything.

Its not a recipe for a good situation and is far more likely to cause problems. Is that worth the inf they might bring in?

Guild Missions [merged]

timmyf.1490

What are you even talking about? Your guild name is " Super Mega Happy Fun Time" and you took offense to me saying “mega super fun time”?

Because it was a play on words in my post to make fun of the situation Anet as created, where if you want to have fun in the game and want perks, you better be a part of a guild with 500 people in them.

Until now I had no idea your guild existed until I searched it in the forums and even then you only have one post telling someone in January about your guild. Also looked you guys up on google, very little activity if at all.

Did not realize a guild actually used a stereo type Japanese to English saying. It was however in no way directed at any one guild, but the situation and state of the game is in now.

Yeah, like I said (in our private messages), just a misunderstanding. Sorry for the confusion!

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

I don’t get why some people think smaller guilds should merge into larger ones for this, or that players should leave what they are otherwise happy with for something they don’t want.

Well then don’t do it if you’re stubborn. But the GMs were designed with a certain goal which was not a party-sized instance like dungeons and fractals, but to create something more unique and open world. If you’re opposed to talking to anyone in game though and joining a bigger guild, then don’t do it. No need to get mad about it, just understand what the content is.

I never see people mad that fractals wasn’t a 128 player dungeon for example… but maybe there could be one some day. The point is there’s new content every month. It’s silly to gripe too much about one type that is clearly working to achieve the aims it was supposed to.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Cora.9745

Cora.9745

I can understand that bounties can’t be made by small guilds like mine properly. I can understand that some guild missions are meant for larger guilds.

The thing is that they should have made treks or races to be the first unlockable, so small guilds could earn their merits slowly. They way they have put them, a lot of small guilds are trapped without the chance to unlock anything unless they are lucky to beat the bosses on time :/

Exactly. As it stands now, no small guilds will be able to do any of the other guild events since they made the guild bounties ‘mandatory’-you have to do them to unlock the rest.

I don’t understand why they had to incorporate the puzzles, races, etc, in with the bounties. The only thing that does it hurt small guilds and forces them to join large ones just so see the new content.

This problem could be fixed easily, if they removed the restrictions-meaning, not having all the events being tied to the bounties. However I have a feeling that this is the direction Anet does not want to go. It certainly feels like their intent is to make more and more gated “raid” content. Which is incredibly disappointing.

Dalishya Aibreann=80R/80T/80EL Eternal Night-Crystal Desert

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I think once ANet responds, small guilds will need to accept that guild missions are for larger guilds. That choosing to remain in a small guild means choosing not to do this particular content.

i am most curious why you believe this is a viable scenario. why you think that people who pay the same amount of money to purchase the game, and people who probably also buy gems to help support/promote the game, should be segregated and divided into a clearly separated group of the “haves” and the “have-nots?” why is it appropriate that the larger guilds be rewarded and cheered for being the “haves,” while smaller guilds are seen as lazy, or whatever, and must accept that they will be the “have-nots”?

In any game, all content is not aimed at everyone. Explorable dungeons were aimed at coordinated teams of skilled players, which surely does not apply to everyone. PvP is not for everyone. I hope you get my drift. People are different and prefer different things. Development houses that do not diversify their game’s offerings are going to lose players. People who bought the game bought all of that content, some of which they might not be interested in using, or even be able to use.

Virtually all content in GW2 prior to this patch can be done by small groups. Other than meta-events, no content required coordination across large numbers of people. Even some of the meta events can be done by 10 (or fewer) people. People have asked for content for large groups, and ANet has put a lot of effort into providing what people are asking for.

The pre-patch information was abysmal and misleading. However, it only takes a look at what is involved in guild missions to see which demographic this content is aimed at. No, I don’t expect ANet to reverse course on this. We’ll probably get a blog outlining ideas as to how small guilds can participate with it. Most, if not all of those ideas may have already appeared in this thread.

What I’d like to see is some acknowledgement that they could have provided more information. I’d like to see them say that further guild missions will be available later, and that these will be tuned to allow smaller groups to benefit. I’d like to see them relax the alternatives for Ascended earrings. What we will see is up in the air, but it won’t be, “We’re sorry, we’ll scrap this large group content and redesign for everyone.”

Guild Missions [merged]

Leohan.1096

Here’s a concern.

Say everyone stops representing my guild, to do whatever I can not provide them the content they wish to do. How I am so supposed to let them know, hey “about to to do Fractal of the Mists”. Whisper all 50 people not currently representing at the time?

Not allowing people to view multiple guild chats at the same time, the “this guild does nothing” self fulfilling prophecy comes true, because if you can not see the guild chat, you can not see if the guild is doing something, or talking.

It is not my responsibility nor am I going to whisper a mass of people individually to try and get them to participate in the guild. To me there are many flaws compounding the system and if the foundation is cracked how is it going to support the weight Anet keeps building on top of it, going to help in the long run?

(As in, it will all collapse one day)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: zorndar.3502

zorndar.3502

I’m an officer in a small guild (around 20 members, 10 active). Our core build over the years, since GW1, so we know each other for over 8 years now. Most of us have a limited amount of time, but we love to play together, that’s for the background.

Lets have a look on the announcement by Leah Rivera:

“But what if my guild is super small?” you may say? Not to worry—all these missions take place in the persistent world, which gives you the ability to rally people from the surrounding countryside and maybe make some new friends in the process!
/quote

Not to worry? Is she serious, I mean we can’t event start the missions because of the horrendous costs. It seems big guilds have a huge advantage here, and members of small guilds might be forced to change if they want to do guild missions. Main problem, most of the big guilds don’t like people who are not frequently online, these end up in small, more familiar guilds. Which is also the same problem, fewer member numbers and less activity equals less influence.

I saw that you need 30k influence just to unlock a SINGLE mission, which is really tough, close to ridiculous. So for unlocking the guild puzzles, the one we were mostly interested in, it will take forever to unlock. Influence over 100k, plus the tokens needed and so on.

Additional, as I read in other posts, even if you could start one, like bounty hunt, other people might just be able to get the kill before you so you don’t get the reward. Why should I unlock something were I could lose the reward, not because the mission failed, no because another guild was faster.

Small guilds might never see all the content, because of the ridiculous high influence costs. Small guilds might just not be able to get the reward because large guilds with over 100 members just can have there members “every where”.

A simple workaround would be to introduce alliances like in GW1, or think of something else. Make the first levels less expensive and the higher ones more expensive.

Furthermore, as I guess you want people to get back in the game, this patch will blow. Why? Simple, they come back in the game see “Oh my god 30k influence to get guild missions” and leave right away. You won’t encourage anyone to play the game, if they have to play to START the content. An easy solution would have been to give a free small guild mission one could play right away. So people get a picture what to expect and might be encouraged to unlock the others.

I’m really looking forward to our first guild mission, hopefully we might do it within this month.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Erickg.4315

Erickg.4315

Did my first guild mission tonight. “Bounty” BORING.. Having guild members camp npc’s, just in case you get that NPC is just not fun. Good luck to those small guilds.

Guild Missions [merged]

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Did my first guild mission tonight. “Bounty” BORING.. Having guild members camp npc’s, just in case you get that NPC is just not fun. Good luck to those small guilds.

That’s not the way the group I was with did it. They activated the bounty and then listed both zones and the NPC. We split off and canvassed the area they were known to inhabit, until we found them.

It’s almost as useful as the old “scry and fry”, but alas, that was too much fun.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Havana.8625

Havana.8625

Here’s a concern.

Say everyone stops representing my guild, to do whatever I can not provide them the content they wish to do. How I am so supposed to let them know, hey “about to to do Fractal of the Mists”. Whisper all 50 people not currently representing at the time?

Not allowing people to view multiple guild chats at the same time, the “this guild does nothing” self fulfilling prophecy comes true, because if you can not see the guild chat, you can not see if the guild is doing something, or talking.

Not allowing people to view multiple chats has also caused some serious hard feelings between guilds and guild members going for the same bounty target on some servers. Guilds can’t coordinate with each other right even if they share some members. Members end up accidentally screwing over on of their guilds by attacking the target their other guild needs. There is a reddit thread about this on the front page right now because of such an incident. ANet really has to allow people to properly be in two guilds by allowing them to communicate with multiple guilds (especially in the new environment they’ve created.)

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success.
(Please no gear treadmills, Colin!)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guild bounty missions have already gotten boring, now we know what todo we can finish tier 3 of these missions within 5-8 minutes. Can you add harder tiers for higher rewards? tier 3 is far to easy once you learn to track down all of the bosses.

I have a huge guild, 500 people, on a normal mission event over 70 players from just my guild will try to attend but a large group of those players dont get credit for taking part since so many of us are attacking the bosses at once they end up missing out.

Its impossible to run guild missions daily since they cost 2200 to rush each and their will be 5 of them so any fix for this?

Question, if you have such a large guild then the influence costs would be minimal in comparison to the influence you gain ever day? If players are that bored then run them every other day. Plus there will be lots more to do once everything gets unlocked.

The guild earns something like 25k in influence a day. 5 missions x 2200 is pretty much half of that influence spent already.
Then we have magic find and karma upgrades to turn on and then 25k for around 5 wvw upgrades.

Fact is even in a large guild having 2 slots for upgrading kills a decent chance of not having to waste alot of influence rushing.

I should have 4 slots at least at this guild size :/

To put it into perspective, to earn enough for 1 rushed mission you need 5 guild members to do 22 dungeons or 110? members to do 1 dungeon to earn enough for one guild mission.

We have people saying the small guilds should just suck it up and join a larger guild or suck it up and deal with the costs of the guild missions…..then we get leaders of mega guilds coming in and complaining that they can’t do the missions whenever they want because the HAVE to have the MF/karma upgrades going, HAVE to have the WvW upgrades going, and then can’t afford to rush the guild missions with the influence they have left.

Hypocrisy at it’s finest.

Firefox’s 2copper:

How bout this then, since this game is about bringing people together and there shouldn’t be any problem with moving people from a guild as long as they stick together…Move a majority of the player base from each of the larger guilds to the the smaller guilds that are “complaining” so much. This will solve everything:

• it will give the smaller guilds the people they need to get the influence for the missions and ability to actually run them well
  • it will allow the transplant members from the larger guild and the members of the smaller guild the chance to make new friends
  • the transplants from the larger guild wouldn’t have to leave their guilds, they could still stay in it, but just make sure that they rep the smaller guild otherwise they would be “leeches”…they’d still keep their guild pride by belonging to the guild and would make new friends, a win/win situation.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Well then don’t do it if you’re stubborn. But the GMs were designed with a certain goal which was not a party-sized instance like dungeons and fractals, but to create something more unique and open world. If you’re opposed to talking to anyone in game though and joining a bigger guild, then don’t do it. No need to get mad about it, just understand what the content is.

I never see people mad that fractals wasn’t a 128 player dungeon for example… but maybe there could be one some day. The point is there’s new content every month. It’s silly to gripe too much about one type that is clearly working to achieve the aims it was supposed to.

I’m confused, please explain to me, how you know what the designers were thinking when they were conceiving the concept of the guild missions. How do you know that guild missions are achieving the aims they were supposed to? Give me a direct quote from Anet that would prove that.

I’ll give you that they wanted to create something more unique and open world for gameplay, but why should that be limited to big guilds? There are plenty of suggestions in this thread that would allow people not in big guilds to experience the content without having to ignore/leave their own guild.

The one biggest, most overriding, problem with the guild mission is:

The gating of the playable content.

Not everyone plays the same way….make guild missions be “pick your path” where the guild leader chooses the order in which they want to unlock the missions.

Not every guild has hundreds of players….make it so people outside of the guild can get rewards (not necessarily the same rewards) for helping other guilds without having to be in the guild.

The cost to unlock all the missions is a tad bit high, but with time all active guilds would be able to get them all. Larger guilds should be able to unlock stuff faster than smaller guilds, that’s fine since the smaller guilds will eventually, and in a timely manner, be able to access the content they want to.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

I don’t know where you got any of this.

I’m opposed to talking to people because I’m happy with the guild I already have simply because it doesn’t have a couple hundred people in it?

Way to totally miss the point of my post.

Maybe I just want to be in a guild where I don’t have to worry about potentially putting a quarter of its population on ignore due to their behavior?

I wouldn’t even care about the kitten guild missions at this point if the non-guild way of getting ascended bits wasn’t so much slower and more expensive.

(edited by Pockets.3201)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Tsk tsk. Seems Bounties weren’t well tested (or planned) from what I’ve been reading. Shame everyone -has- to unlock it and complete it before moving on to other guild missions. Since I’ve already commented on the overall arching issues before (and have had zero response to my questions, thanks Anet) I figured I’d put some thoughts into fixing the bounties themselves.

First suggestion – do not ever have your few bounties visibly walking around the open world (make them stealthed and untargetable) until a guild activates them for a mission. Basic stuff guys. x.x

Second – maybe better to have a secret -instanced- lair for each, which would only appear on bounty activation instead of wandering bounty themselves. Jumping into the instance is only permitted to members representing the guild that activated the mission. This would remove the scaling issue of having large groups of dancing people show up out of the blue.

Third – if a guild already has a bounty on someone then until that timer expires no one else can get the bounty. If all bounties are being hunted then just bloody say no bounties available at the moment, please try again in x amount of time. 15 minutes isn’t a long wait.

Fourth – add bounties. 15 is a little low (compare it to the number of guilds on any server). Seriously. Hey, if you have them in little instances they can even have minions. Instances don’t need to be unique between them either, cycle between three to keep the work load low – they only need to be one or two room zones.

Fifth – have you read some of the crimes that these guys have commited? Around half don’t really warrant chasing. Least of all with a 50+ man team. :/ Flavour text, super easy to change. Sure you can have the odd funny one or two, but you can still make them mass murderers or serial killers instead of overpowered jaywalkers. That’s just me.

That’s all for now. Maybe I’ll come up with more after reading more posts about others experiences with this content. Minor benefit of not being able to access it for a long time I guess – maybe it’ll be improved by the time we reach it. :P

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Ruggy.7819

Ruggy.7819

One major flaw I see in guild missions goes like this:

Bunch of guild members drifted away from gw2, they see info of new guild focused content coming to the game next patch!

Patch arrives and people come back to the game, names we haven’t seen login suddenly reappear with the wanderlust to go out and fight missions with the guild!

Guild finds out there is a massive wall of influence to even begin tier 1 missions.. people log off/drift off..

Tier 1 should have been accessable to ALL guilds, big or small.. active or inactive.. if the worry was on the rewards then just straighten those out so this tier 1 was giving less then the rest, put the huge wall on tier 2 and 3.

You want to attract people back to the game with new content, at least let people get in on it and play from the get go…

I am in a big active guild so we haven’t really suffered much from any of the above, many friends in other guilds (of different sizes and activity) have really been stung by this.. it makes such little sense to roll out NEW content in this way, you scare off gamers who WANT to come back and play more guild wars.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: BakaOniiChan.9564

BakaOniiChan.9564

Can you only do 1 tier a week as far as gaining merits? Like my guild got 15 yesterday and we did another tier 1 and did not gain merits. We did complete the mission within the given 15 mins, but yeah no merits.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

I’m an officer in a small guild (around 20 members, 10 active). Our core build over the years, since GW1, so we know each other for over 8 years now. Most of us have a limited amount of time, but we love to play together, that’s for the background.

Lets have a look on the announcement by Leah Rivera:

“But what if my guild is super small?” you may say? Not to worry—all these missions take place in the persistent world, which gives you the ability to rally people from the surrounding countryside and maybe make some new friends in the process!
/quote

Not to worry? Is she serious, I mean we can’t event start the missions because of the horrendous costs. It seems big guilds have a huge advantage here, and members of small guilds might be forced to change if they want to do guild missions. Main problem, most of the big guilds don’t like people who are not frequently online, these end up in small, more familiar guilds. Which is also the same problem, fewer member numbers and less activity equals less influence.

I saw that you need 30k influence just to unlock a SINGLE mission, which is really tough, close to ridiculous. So for unlocking the guild puzzles, the one we were mostly interested in, it will take forever to unlock. Influence over 100k, plus the tokens needed and so on.

Additional, as I read in other posts, even if you could start one, like bounty hunt, other people might just be able to get the kill before you so you don’t get the reward. Why should I unlock something were I could lose the reward, not because the mission failed, no because another guild was faster.

Small guilds might never see all the content, because of the ridiculous high influence costs. Small guilds might just not be able to get the reward because large guilds with over 100 members just can have there members “every where”.

A simple workaround would be to introduce alliances like in GW1, or think of something else. Make the first levels less expensive and the higher ones more expensive.

Furthermore, as I guess you want people to get back in the game, this patch will blow. Why? Simple, they come back in the game see “Oh my god 30k influence to get guild missions” and leave right away. You won’t encourage anyone to play the game, if they have to play to START the content. An easy solution would have been to give a free small guild mission one could play right away. So people get a picture what to expect and might be encouraged to unlock the others.

I’m really looking forward to our first guild mission, hopefully we might do it within this month.

Unfortunately you’re in the same boat as us: we’re interested in Puzzles, but you can’t get them until you unlock ALL the other guild missions first, so getting puzzles totals 418k influence IIRC. And you have to start with bounty – what seems to be the worst for small guilds.

I honestly would just be happy if they didn’t require an order and lowered the fee by putting it in the 5th, rather than 6th tier.

@Tobias, at least with GW1, the “unlocking” made sense as it had to do with storyline. Plus, it was super easy to get to. Either have someone you know run you or pay a runner. The missions are super easy to do excepting perhaps Thunderhead Keep (but they nerfed it, so yeah, it’s easy). It was easy to obtain high-level gear… it never felt gated to me. This feels gated.

(edited by Lorelei.7809)