Guild Missions [merged]

Guild Missions [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

Guild missions are designed for small guilds

On the contrary, unlocking Guild Missions was designed for large guilds. Funny how that worked out.

PS:
Have you tried Guild Challenges yet?

Noone has, like I said in one of my points, the merit costs are insane, its 3 weeks between unlocking rushes to get to the next level and 3 weeks more for the puzzles.

Unlocking missions might be for medium guilds but playing them is for small guilds at best.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

The only aspect of this I think is worth mentioning is the fact that one target is showing up for any/all guilds in the area. Even with a large group from one guild on the target, many folks don’t cause enough damage to obtain any credit when the target is defeated.

I don’t even bother showing up for these any more since I tend to do support and not heavy in dps. If the game gave credit for support I might find it more fun. Same reason I have decided most DEs are not worth my time is because support roles do not get credit for any thing.

Poor design in my opinion.

Guild Missions [merged]

Phoenix.3416

The only aspect of this I think is worth mentioning is the fact that one target is showing up for any/all guilds in the area. Even with a large group from one guild on the target, many folks don’t cause enough damage to obtain any credit when the target is defeated.

I don’t even bother showing up for these any more since I tend to do support and not heavy in dps. If the game gave credit for support I might find it more fun. Same reason I have decided most DEs are not worth my time is because support roles do not get credit for any thing.

Poor design in my opinion.

try doing one of the bounty missions with 70 guild members trying to get a chest :/ its a nightmare since so many are going for the same kills.

The lower dps guys miss out even though without the support a lot of other players would die, if a player helps another who does damage the support should get an assist reward really

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

I ran a trek and a bounty last night, we had over 80 guild members join us for it, we finished the trek in less than 9 minutes and the bounty in 11. Most of those 80 got a chest although a large group found that the bosses got killed so fast they couldn’t get their in time or didn’t do enough damage which means we have to run another mission, which usually ends with the same issue happening next time.
The missions are extremely simple and only last 15-20 minutes which is pretty much nothing for something that costs so much influence and time to get in the first place.

Hate to break this to you, but 80 is not what is considered a small guild. Of course when you have a guild as large as you boasted 80 might seem small. Small guilds range from 3-40 in my opinion. And those guilds average maybe 3-12 members max on line at the same time. If you can muster 80 folks from your guild on at the same time, you’re not a small guild. The key is NoPOM(No of People Online Max) when you look at defining a large or small guild.

The guild missions are not geared for small guilds – have you read the thread at all? I’m the leader of a genuine small guild of 14 members, with 3-7 on line max at a time. There’s no way we could accomplish the guild bounty as it is designed – let alone afford to unlock it at this time.

To fix the issue, the guild bounty should scale to the number of people in a guild. Automatically making large guilds have a tougher time taking down the bounty. An algorithm could also be created to scale it for actual number online to create an “online average” difficulty for large guilds. Thus a guild of 500 who averages 150-200 online might encounter a difficulty level setting for say 160-170 when they attempt the quest. Probably not doable – but an idea. For small guilds it would make the bounty more like fighting a standard champion you might encounter in a dungeon. Doesn’t deal with the open world problem unfortunately.

In the long run, we can only wait to see what ANET will come up with.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Guild Missions [merged]

Phoenix.3416

I ran a trek and a bounty last night, we had over 80 guild members join us for it, we finished the trek in less than 9 minutes and the bounty in 11. Most of those 80 got a chest although a large group found that the bosses got killed so fast they couldn’t get their in time or didn’t do enough damage which means we have to run another mission, which usually ends with the same issue happening next time.
The missions are extremely simple and only last 15-20 minutes which is pretty much nothing for something that costs so much influence and time to get in the first place.

Hate to break this to you, but 80 is not what is considered a small guild. Of course when you have a guild as large as you boasted 80 might seem small. Small guilds range from 3-40 in my opinion. And those guilds average maybe 3-12 members max on line at the same time. If you can muster 80 folks from your guild on at the same time, you’re not a small guild. The key is NoPOM(No of People Online Max) when you look at defining a large or small guild.

The guild missions are not geared for small guilds – have you read the thread at all? I’m the leader of a genuine small guild of 14 members, with 3-7 on line max at a time. There’s no way we could accomplish the guild bounty as it is designed – let alone afford to unlock it at this time.

To fix the issue, the guild bounty should scale to the number of people in a guild. Automatically making large guilds have a tougher time taking down the bounty. An algorithm could also be created to scale it for actual number online to create an “online average” difficulty for large guilds. Thus a guild of 500 who averages 150-200 online might encounter a difficulty level setting for say 160-170 when they attempt the quest. Probably not doable – but an idea. For small guilds it would make the bounty more like fighting a standard champion you might encounter in a dungeon. Doesn’t deal with the open world problem unfortunately.

A guild with 3-12 guys online at a time is barely more than 2 parties, I would say a small guild is around 50 members, thats 10% of the maximum guild size on guildwars 2. anything less is realistically a tiny guild when you consider the max is 500, if it was 100 I would agree but 12 players out of 500 possible is tiny.

I never said we are a small guild, I said missions are designed for small guilds of 50 members since you need 15 to do a mission according to Anet.

Guild Missions [merged]

Heibi.4251

A guild with 3-12 guys online at a time is barely more than 2 parties, I would say a small guild is around 50 members, thats 10% of the maximum guild size on guildwars 2. anything less is realistically a tiny guild when you consider the max is 500, if it was 100 I would agree but 12 players out of 500 possible is tiny.

I never said we are a small guild, I said missions are designed for small guilds of 50 members since you need 15 to do a mission according to Anet.

Then you have definitely not been following the discussion very closely, let alone read my post very well. I read your unabridged version of how big your guild was and the numbers you were able to muster(bigger than a small guild in total numbers). Small guilds are by default under 50, with the lack of being able to muster large numbers, let alone the magical 15 that suddenly popped up after the exciting promo message about guild missions – stating that even small guilds could do them. No mention of numbers or the ridiculous unlock costs. The tier system was thus created, like rich and poor. In this case the size of your guild dictates the fun you can have with the game content. Big guild – have fun with all the content. Small guilds – tough, have fun with the story lines and standard world events.

I still haven’t seen any big guilds inviting “everyone to come along and join them in a guild bounty.” The overflow doesn’t help either.

Come on, ANeT, let’s get those brain juices pumping and figure out an answer to this dilemma. You had a good idea, it just wasn’t thought out very well.

Guild Missions [merged]

Phoenix.3416

I can say the same for you. I define guilds below 50 as tiny. 50-100 being small. Thats how I personally define it

Its pretty much impossible for a big guild to invite anyone to join them since they already have enough to fill an overflow and public none guildies who aren’t in voicecoms wont have a clue whats going on, only guild members can see the list after all. Although my guild does run guild missions for small guilds but a tier 3 mission is pretty hard to run if they cant see the list

Lets be realistic if the max guild size is 500 and you are in a guild with less that 1-2% of the total potential guild sizes can you expect to be able to do the same content as easily? of course not. I understand you want to stay as a friend group but compared to other games guilds are potentially bigger on guildwars 2, most games ive played 100 is max.

If you are in a tiny guild who cant do a mission without help why don’t you make friends with other guilds and do it that way? if you are in a guild thats less than 5% of the max potential guild size find 3 more guilds in the same boat, make a time then help each other out.

A lot of small guilds are complaining they cant do the content while the big guilds find them to easy, realistically one group isn’t going to enjoy themselves if they either become easier or harder.
If you want to have easier missions with the higher rewards it ruins them for the larger organised groups, the only fair thing todo is to add new tiers with the same merit rewards but harder bosses and bigger drops which is what I suggested.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

That’s a ridiculous parameter to set Phoenix. The game is full of small guilds with maybe 10 active members tops. The game is full of mostly dead guilds with 1-3 members who can’t get their friends to log in anymore. Those are small guilds. Small real friendly guilds.

Any guild that has 50 active daily players is medium sized at the least.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

Guild Missions [merged]

Phoenix.3416

so what do you call a guild with 100? 200? 300? 400? 500?

50 total players in the entire guild is small in comparison to the max amount of players you can have.

10 players isn’t much at all, thats two parties. I would say you needed at least 25 for a small guild. I would say 10 is tiny.

Guild Missions [merged]

Phoenix.3416

Also did the mod break the thread when they merged my thread with this one? haha the name seems to be what I called my thread not the original name

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

Trying to get three or four small guilds together to do a bounty simply doesn’t work. It doesn’t work because every guild will be forced to run the bounty multiple times (once for themselves and once for every other guild), while receiving no reward for it. Four guilds, 1h minimum time to complete (realistically an hour an a half), 1 set of rewards received. That’s a pretty crappy incentive. How many large guilds would feel those rewards are worthwhile if every active member in their guild had to burn an hour and a half to get them?

Right now, there is sweet kitten all in terms of scaling happening for bounties. 10-person guild, 20-person guild, 50-person guild, it doesn’t matter. Bounties could be difficulty scaled to the number of online members of the guild when it is triggered. I’d say rewards should also be scaled in this way too.

Also, why is it necessary that there is an absolute failure state when the timer runs out? Why the hell not just start reducing rewards when a guild runs out of time instead of losing the entire bounty? Maybe a 5s reduction each minute they go over time would be enough of an incentive to move quickly, while not completely screwing those really small guilds who really have no chance of completing it under the wire. They’ll lose some decent cash, but the whole kittening circus won’t be a complete wash for them, like it is now.

There are a million and one different ways that ArenaNet could have approached guild missions that would have provided a better experience to everyone involved, and would have been far less destructive to the viability of smaller guilds. They chose not to implement these, which tells me may have other motives beyond simply providing more PvE content. I still believe they are using guild missions to re-engineer the community into something other than what it was. And whatever the new ideal is, it’s not meant to include small social or casual guilds.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Without even getting into the cost/influence and smaller guilds and all that.

The actual gameplay experience is pretty bad too on the bounties. Just having everyone spread out to different zones all running along the npc path to find him makes me wish 5 minutes in that it was just over already. “Can we start now? Almost ready yet?”

God forbid you’re one of the poor souls pegging down one of the npcs early, then you get to stand there for a half hour while everyone works on pegging theirs.

Guild Missions [merged]

Phoenix.3416

A fast fix like I said would be to reward replays even if its at a reduce rate, say 1 rare and 25s

this way you will be more likely to run them more than once a week and help other guilds out. Instantly solves the issue with small guilds and boom they can work together now :P

add rewards for treks too is a must, when tagging a waypoint all players in that area from the same guild as the guy who tags it get the reward, 20 tags to get, 20 chances are a reward if you dont get there in time

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

so what do you call a guild with 100? 200? 300? 400? 500?

50 total players in the entire guild is small in comparison to the max amount of players you can have.

10 players isn’t much at all, thats two parties. I would say you needed at least 25 for a small guild. I would say 10 is tiny.

Personally?
Tiny guilds would be those with one 5-man group or smaller. Small would be below 15 people active – so somewhere in the 6-25 people total range. Anything above that, but less than 100 ppl is medium. Then we have big guilds of 100+ people, and huge with about 300+
The border between last two is not clear, but in general anything above 100 is big, and anything close to the guild limit of 500 (or splintering into multiple big guilds) is huge.

I’d say, that 80 people is small only for the members of the big guilds (and people used to such numbers).
Small guilds in general are not the random recruitment parties, but social groups of close friends. 80 is well beyond a group of friends.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

I think every single argument as been brought up so far. What we need is a response, not repetition of arguments that already exist.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

I like guild missions, i really do, but my biggest concern is being left behind. Being left behind by your guild is the reason why I quit 95% of any MMOs I play. I am very active, social, and participate in many events. Unfortunately my guild has grown quite a bit since I’ve joined months ago and mindless sheep pressure the OPs into doing missions at unfavorable times for the more veteran members.

I’ve brought it up with the other officers already but the cost of these missions is incredibly impracticable to keep my guild’s 200+ members “up to date.” This is more of a social problem but a serious one regardless, I don’t want to be weaker than my peers just because I logged in 5 minutes too late despite putting so much effort into this game.

Tread carefully Anet, my wallet is in the balance.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: jesterchaos.5907

jesterchaos.5907

At first when I saw the introduction of the guild missions and the cost for building them I over reacted and got angry. Yes while the missions themselves may well be designed for smaller guilds the actual required influence for building them is more of a large guild idea, I think options are needed to help both large and small guilds gain something from the new content.

Anet have always been reasonably good at listening to the community of players who play the game, I’m hoping they are reading our concerns and thinking of ways to tweak. I also think another level to guild workshop would be useful. Otherwise most build time will be taken up by guild missions and not providing useful guild buffs. I know we have Asuran outsourcing but I still recommend a rebalance of the workshop with the addition of new build types.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

I have so far only done one mission with the guild I am in and I would have to say I agree strongly with what some have said about the Bounty Mission. We spent ~1hr tracking down all the possible targets then about 10 minutes eradicating the targets, in which they fell so easily that some members didn’t make it in time to participate in the kill.

My suggestion to this one event would be:
a) Have the targets spawn once the mission is accepted so there is no scouting out the target ahead of time.
b) to balance a, I suggest the kill time per target is increased to 30 – 45 minutes (trial runs would have to be done to see what the average time would be and then adjusted to make it challenging)
c) 2nd and subsequent targets would not spawn until the previous target was down, restarting the search and destroy timer for each spawned mob.
d) subsequent timers after the 1st could (again test and collect data, maybe coordinate with a couple of guilds on each server) shorten with each new mob. running from 40min down to 15-10 (except that guy in the barrel, he definitely needs more time LOL)

Guilds knowing the spawn and route of the mobs will assist in completing the missions in a timely manner.

Lower tier bounty missions will of course offer the most time with the fewer spawns.
Higher tiers with more mobs to hunt and the decreasing time limits will take good co-ordination to beat the timer, which in my opinion should be the goal of the guild running the missions.

Possible Con: Would it be possible to code the bounties to be guild tagged so when they spawn, it may only be initially interacted with the guild who spawns it. Once it is attacked by the guild who activated the event, anybody can attack it.
This would mean, if more than one guild started the event within the same time period, and the same random Bounties were chosen, that more than one of the same mob would spawn, each tagged to a different guild.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Here’s my problem with the whole Guild Mission Idea. It seems to have forgotten that SMALL GUILDS are a part of GW2. Many Guilds have 5 or less players and the new system pretty much excludes them from playing the new content. Well at least for years and years until we can earn 50,000 points to turn it on. And I pray to Dwayna that by then I’ll be playing GW3. So how about some content for THE SMALL GUILDS? There should be something for 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 people to do as a guild that could earn them something. All of the new content is for guilds that have massive players earning massive points and yes it does give them something to spend it on which is fine. But lets give the little guys something to do too.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

I hate the fact there is too much research time or downtime from playing the missions and then there’s a small time limit to the missions. Let us play the game the way we want to, not wait for it.

Guild Missions [merged]

Phoenix.3416

Here’s my problem with the whole Guild Mission Idea. It seems to have forgotten that SMALL GUILDS are a part of GW2. Many Guilds have 5 or less players and the new system pretty much excludes them from playing the new content. Well at least for years and years until we can earn 50,000 points to turn it on. And I pray to Dwayna that by then I’ll be playing GW3. So how about some content for THE SMALL GUILDS? There should be something for 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 people to do as a guild that could earn them something. All of the new content is for guilds that have massive players earning massive points and yes it does give them something to spend it on which is fine. But lets give the little guys something to do too.

This is the problem I have with comments like this, 5 people is a party not a guild.
Complaining because the new content is for larger than one party is silly you already have a stupid amount of dungeons.

Guilds can go to 500 man in size, 5 member guilds are tiny guilds.

How about giving the larger guilds something to do, the guild missions are far to easy for any 100+ guild

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Lionera.7908

Lionera.7908

Any 101 for starting a guild mission? I am authorized to start a guild mission but all our past guild missions I was mostly just an observer to my guildie who started and ran it.
Have a couple of inquiries about starting them, hopefully someone helps me out.
Okay so after clicking guild mission and countdown finishes, how will I know where the bosses are? Is the interface going to be different for the one who started the guild mission? I was only one of the doers previously and noticed we could go to the guild bounty tab and check the bosses and I noticed that there is a “completed” on bosses we finished. But my question is how do we determine the location of the bosses when I trigger the guild mission?

Guild Missions [merged]

Phoenix.3416

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/27/gw2-guild-bounty-guide/

Use that

bosses walk around different maps depending which boss you get

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Personally I have to say Bounty mission feels like a overall terrible design, I am in a rather big guild, but being the one to organize bounties is a nightmare.

Even if we have about 60 online at all times, getting 30+ can be a challenge.

And with 30 trying to keep a track of 15 diffrent mobs, some of which gets killed others which despawn bythemselves is horrible.

I manage it barley by using multiple sheets of paper, but even then it easily takes as much as a hour to get ready for a 15 min mission ,which feels completly wrong!

Honestly bounties need to be dumbed down, I can’t even imagine doing them on a very high pop server, its enough of a pain on a normal high pop server.

Either it needs to be dumbed down considerably, or arena net needs to give us ALOT more useful ingame tools for these missions.

such as:

10 man groups rather then 5 man.
The ability to make lists etc ingame, like a notepad.
etcetcetc.

Also I love how they fixed scaleing on bosses that died to quick, and completly ignored Kamali which dies way to slow! Failed our t3 today because 10 people wernt enough to bring him down before he despawned.. despawned at 10%.. Honestly the 15 min timer alone is ENOUGH, why the kitten does there need to be a secondary timer on individual targets?

From the standpoint of someone who has the organize this bs for my guild, its not difficult, its just a boring, hassle that is completly unenjoyable to me and the other 15 people who have to hold a target for upward of a hour.

I used to be in the race for first kills in the early days of eq1, so I know what DIFFICULT content looks like, and this is not it.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

This is the problem I have with comments like this, 5 people is a party not a guild.

Destiny’s Edge disagrees.

The single most important and well-known guild in all of Tyria, consists of all of five members. Funny how ANet is doing everything they can to wreck tiny guilds like this, when they themselves are the ones who established the precedent for it.

(edited by Blacklight.2871)

Guild Missions [merged]

Phoenix.3416

If you guys are having trouble organising tier 3 bounties whisper or mail me ingame and ill explain how we do it in my huge guild.

Although Destinys edge would disagree they aren’t exactly a good example since they had to be 5 to fit the possible races.

5 really is small though, you need 15 for these missions really, to be honest I think its not anets fault some people like tiny guilds, they cant make content that is equal for both large and small guids without making it boring content.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: stobie.2134

stobie.2134

So I come back every few days to see if Anet has issued any comment… And find they’ve merged the topic I was following (which was started by Anet) into another, & removed the ‘concerns & questions’ part. So I guess that’s our answer. A really cheap answer.

And 5 people IS a guild. It is a guild, because GW2 set it up for even 1 person to be a guild. That isn’t true in other mmos – they set a higher minimum. So what you consider an acceptable number remains irrelevant. It is what they allowed it to be – and now they’ve undercut that by making guild bounties inaccessible to those guilds. People’s opinions here don’t matter – what matters is what the game gave us, & what it has done in contrast.

(edited by stobie.2134)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

Who? Destiny’s edge was vaguely mentioned early on in the personal story but were soon forgotten in favour of Trahearne’s story. ;-)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Here’s my two cents after completing a Tier 1 Bounty:

1.) I think that the missions should be tweaked a bit. You know how racing games have a time attack mode? You have a certain amount of time to get to a checkpoint and then you get more time. If you don’t make a checkpoint in time you lose. I think the bounty system should work this way. Keep all of the guild members in the same map. Take out a target and get time added to the timer. Splintering forces is rough for communication even over comms, but it is a LOT of fun.

2.) It needs a better timer system.

3.) The overflow problem is very real. We had to shuffle party members in one of the maps for our tier 2 run just so they could invite the other members that were in the wrong map. This needs a rework.

4.) I am still of the mind that smaller guilds get the short end of the stick here. Look through my post history. I brought up that this would be an issue before you guys released this content and before it was even stated how the system would work. I would say I hate to toot my own horn, but in this case I don’t hate it. I read between the lines on Leah’s blog post and was spot on with my prognostication. You guys need to show some of the smaller guilds some love and have this content dynamically scale. If larger guilds want to game the system with a pro rated earning system, let them. At the end of the day, what does it matter?

5.) There needs to be a toggle to show guild member dots on the mini map and map. Even when we split up into teams, we can’t see everyone. This doesn’t just work for guild bounties etc. It would work for guild clears of maps, for WvW etc. Commander titles don’t work for this when you need people in different maps. If maps can show where party members are, a system can be implemented for guild members and should be in the game in my opinion. A toggle can be put in place for people that wish to remain hidden so that it isn’t always active. I am not looking to trounce on privacy here.

6.) I hope that more patience is exuded with content in the future til it is ready to come out. I love the idea of this and I feel once you guys implement it fully, everyone will grow to love it. I want to say thanks for the idea of it too. It’s great and I hope it gets better, but I do honestly feel like you guys really short changed smaller guilds and it needs a rework.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

The single most important and well-known guild in all of Tyria, consists of all of five members. Funny how ANet is doing everything they can to wreck tiny guilds like this, when they themselves are the ones who established the precedent for it.

Best post ever, thumbs up!

Quite frankly I think I’ll give up the guild missions as a whole. Our server has 2 guilds who just farm the targets so it’s pointless to contest them anyway. Hopefully something can be done about it in the future.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Trey Enma.7851

Trey Enma.7851

It’s nice to see that my original dreads for Guild Missions locking me out of content were true. Even if you get to join up with another guild doing them, you don’t get rewarded for helping. Dynamic Event rewards aren’t worth doing events for, especially once EXP loses it’s value.

ANET has effectively shafted anyone that doesn’t want to be in a mega-guild, or a guild that hasn’t been in game since it’s inception. Want to help out a guild for some fun? Sorry, you don’t deserve anything because you didn’t jump through the hurdles that are impossible for a tiny guild to achieve realistically. Thanks for nothing ANET.

Guild Missions [merged]

Heibi.4251

Complaining because the new content is for larger than one party is silly you already have a stupid amount of dungeons.

How about giving the larger guilds something to do, the guild missions are far to easy for any 100+ guild

And here is the perfect example of the new ANET two tier/class system for guilds. Phoenix has just demonstrated the big guild snob class society created by ANET. You have the big guild class and the small guild class. Small guilds are just trying to have fun, and participate in world events. They tend to call on others for help or conversely respond to others’ calls for help. Big guilds, at least as demonstrated by Phoenix’s attitude, are the snob class – they ignore anyone not in their guild, monopolize events, flood zones with their zergs and ruin the fun for everyone else. He basically demonstrates how big guilds can now justify and are looking down on everyone else. WoW has invaded GW2 in full force.

Phoenix, I remember creating a guild at the guild merchant. He didn’t ask me about how many people I had or dictate a minimum number. I clicked on create a guild and paid the fee. Viola, I have formed a guild.

ANET, this is creating tension and bad blood. As has been stated frequently in this thread, folks are leaving their small guilds, giving up on the new content or just quitting the game altogether. And the “Living Story” is not replacement for Guild Missions. You truly need to address the issue sooner, not later.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/27/gw2-guild-bounty-guide/

Use that

bosses walk around different maps depending which boss you get

I find it hilarious that a game designer could come up with this.

The whole design idea behind guild bounty is to follow a trail on a map; alt tabbing every 30 seconds to find an NPC; constantly hitting interact + escape to talk to the NPC to keep him from moving; activate guild mission; post waypoint in guild chat; run to the NPC; kill the NPC in 60 seconds.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I found the article about gw2 today. It was posted yesterday March 12th and addressed multiple concerns. One of them was guild missions.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolpinchefsky/2013/03/12/has-guild-wars-2-become-too-complicated/

Quoted the particular section on guild missions:

Tell me about the guild system – Carol Pinchefsky, Forbes Contributor
Answer: Isaiah Cartwright

We really wanted to make a system to encourage guilds to get together and play together. It can really help make a guild tighter knit and just enjoy the game together. And so we built these guild missions that you can go on, and we made a variety of different tiers and systems for them to go through.
Because the game is very large and there are lots of different types of guilds, we were looking at systems to make sure smaller guilds and larger guilds can kind of compete in the same space. It’s obviously a difficult challenge to do, because when there’s a lot more people in a guild, they have a lot more resources, people to organize themselves and those types of things. So we build a couple of systems in there to help us limit that.
We made all the guild content on weekly rewards, and we find that longer lock-out timers like that really help the smaller guilds catch up, because what the bigger guilds can do really, really quickly, the smaller guilds take a bit longer to do. We know there was an initial influence cost that was very high that a lot of smaller guilds weren’t able to get into it, so we’re looking at ways that we can improve that, make smaller guilds more able to compete on the influence gathering area.
But really, our goal for the system is so guilds don’t ever run out of accomplishments and goals they can work at together in order to overcome. So we’re going to add to the system and we’ll make sure we’ll add things for smaller guilds to really be able to compete in this space. But the goal of this system is to be rewards and goals and accomplishments for guilds of all sizes.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Guild Missions [merged]

Phoenix.3416

And here is the perfect example of the new ANET two tier/class system for guilds. Phoenix has just demonstrated the big guild snob class society created by ANET. You have the big guild class and the small guild class. Small guilds are just trying to have fun, and participate in world events. They tend to call on others for help or conversely respond to others’ calls for help. Big guilds, at least as demonstrated by Phoenix’s attitude, are the snob class – they ignore anyone not in their guild, monopolize events, flood zones with their zergs and ruin the fun for everyone else. He basically demonstrates how big guilds can now justify and are looking down on everyone else. WoW has invaded GW2 in full force.

Phoenix, I remember creating a guild at the guild merchant. He didn’t ask me about how many people I had or dictate a minimum number. I clicked on create a guild and paid the fee. Viola, I have formed a guild.

ANET, this is creating tension and bad blood. As has been stated frequently in this thread, folks are leaving their small guilds, giving up on the new content or just quitting the game altogether. And the “Living Story” is not replacement for Guild Missions. You truly need to address the issue sooner, not later.

you talk about things you know nothing about at all, its embarrassing. Choosing to make a larger guild doesn’t mean I don’t play for fun and i refuse to help, more the opposite since large guilds don’t stay large without a good community.

we have guilds of different sizes, Anet made an event designed for 15 players to complete which guilds of below that aren’t happy about. I don’t think its fair that those guilds are asking for events to be made easier so they can play when larger guilds would be punished.

If guilds can go to 500 man, asking for events that require only 15 guys to finish to be made easier is unfair on the majority of players. The problem is when small groups feel entitled to have the same powers a larger group has, its impossible to make a mission fair if a mission that required 50 players has the same reward as one that required 5.

You wouldn’t expect to finish a dungeon with 1 player would you?

Now to prove you have no idea what you’re talking about. I have one of the largest guilds on my server, and because of this earn a lot of influence ingame. What do I do with this influence? I invite all guilds no matter what size to join guild missions every other day. On Sundays we have a guild only mission, but we then have 3 or 4 other nights where players from smaller guilds get to join a mission paid for by my guild. My guild is made up of a number of other guilds who wanted to stay together but benefit from a larger community which is something I agree with and I give them their own space in my community so they can stay as a group.

I also founded the Wvw alliance of my server and community forum while admining our serverwide teamspeak with another of my guild officers who donated it in the first place. This costs both of us real money but allows our server to play united okitten00 man teamspeak and use a forum to communicate between all guilds of the server.

I spend half of my time running my guild and the rest in newbie zones helping players rush skill points or telling them how to play an engineer.

Don’t be delusional enough to think that large guilds are super evil companies that want to take over the world, Guild missions should be designed with larger guilds in mind as well as smaller guilds which is my complaint. If I can bring 80 players to a guild mission designed for 15 a lot of people miss out and don’t have fun which isn’t fair on them.

Fact is large guilds have a lot of power, I don’t mind small guilds running around but you have to be realistic, a guild of 5 is a very small group of players, if Anet made guild missions designed easy enough for 5 players it alienates everyone else. I see a lot of small guilds asking why they cant get tier 3 rewards for a tier 1 mission because they don’t have enough players for a tier 3, this is where i have problems. Organising 50 players for 1 mission is much harder than getting 5 together, those 5 demanding the same rewards as the 50 isn’t fair at all.

Complaining that guild missions require 15 players is like complaining dungeons need 5 not 1. In fact making guild missions so small and easy excludes large guilds from enjoying them which is where my problem is. Small guilds might not be able to play the new content easily without help but large guilds can play it but wont enjoy it due to they were designed for smaller groups.

Guild Missions [merged]

Heibi.4251

you talk about things you know nothing about at all, its embarrassing. Choosing to make a larger guild doesn’t mean I don’t play for fun and i refuse to help, more the opposite since large guilds don’t stay large without a good community.

we have guilds of different sizes, Anet made an event designed for 15 players to complete which guilds of below that aren’t happy about. I don’t think its fair that those guilds are asking for events to be made easier so they can play when larger guilds would be punished.

If guilds can go to 500 man, asking for events that require only 15 guys to finish to be made easier is unfair on the majority of players. The problem is when small groups feel entitled to have the same powers a larger group has, its impossible to make a mission fair if a mission that required 50 players has the same reward as one that required 5.

You wouldn’t expect to finish a dungeon with 1 player would you?

Now to prove you have no idea what you’re talking about. I have one of the largest guilds on my server, and because of this earn a lot of influence ingame. What do I do with this influence? I invite all guilds no matter what size to join guild missions every other day. On Sundays we have a guild only mission, but we then have 3 or 4 other nights where players from smaller guilds get to join a mission paid for by my guild. My guild is made up of a number of other guilds who wanted to stay together but benefit from a larger community which is something I agree with and I give them their own space in my community so they can stay as a group.

I spend half of my time running my guild and the rest in newbie zones helping players rush skill points or telling them how to play an engineer.

Don’t be delusional enough to think that large guilds are super evil companies that want to take over the world, Guild missions should be designed with larger guilds in mind as well as smaller guilds which is my complaint.

Complaining that guild missions require 15 players is like complaining dungeons need 5 not 1. In fact making guild missions so small and easy excludes large guilds from enjoying them which is where my problem is. Small guilds might not be able to play the new content easily without help but large guilds can play it but wont enjoy it due to they were designed for smaller groups.

With every post you continue to demonstrate what I’m talking about. And you talking down response proves this. I’ve been playing GW/GW2 from the beginning in the betas. I know what is going on. I’ve seen very few big guilds out there helping. Many, not all, big guilds lean heavily to WvW. And I’m also out there helping folks in trouble or giving pointers just like you(I don’t see it as charity though – at least that’s how you come across).

I didn’t say dungeons should be for 1 person, no one has(straw man argument). No one said we were entitled, no one said we didn’t want it to be a challenge, but most have said that the way it is designed is inherently unfair to smaller guilds. Even in the new article they mention that they now recognize it to be unfair and that they are thinking of ways to fix it so smaller guilds can enjoy the content.

The gist of the thread has been the way ANET introduced the new content and how it actually played out on release.

ANET, I think this thread has lived long enough. You know there’s a problem, and the bad blood is building in the thread. People now want an answer. I know I do, with every post made and each day that goes by.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Lionera.7908

Lionera.7908

I 100% agree, I would like to see the individual boss timer scrapped and for the 15 minute guild bounty mission to apply to ALL bosses.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

So, once again(brought this up WAY back in the thread), even though I have a Guild screen, name, logo, all that jazz, since there are only 7 people in it it’s not a guild? Letting us get all that stuff must be a bug then, I guess.

How about the system is half baked right now, seems to only work for the guilds somewhere in the middle. It was pretty obvious to me as soon as it was announced that it’d be a problem on the low end, but it’s obviously a problem on the high end too. The drawing board must be revisited!

(edited by rizzo.1079)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Turkman.1089

Turkman.1089

I agree with phoenix. I know it sucks that smaller guilds have a hard time completing or even unlocking the guild missions. However, I also feel that guild missions are not made for these small communities, but for the larger ones. Because that was what GW2 has been lacking since its release: content for more than 5 people that is not WvW.

Everything else in this game evolves around 5 man groups. Before Guild missions there was really no reason to be in a guild of more than 5 persons (given all have same onlinetimes) if you weren’t interested in WvW. Now there is something that requires more than 5 man to complete and caters to bigger communities and I think that is only reasonable.

The quality of the now introduced content is debateable. In my opinion Bounty hunt is rubbish (haven’t done others yet). It’s a boring and dull waiting game until all bosses are found → press button → slaughter bosses. And that other guilds hunt the same bosses makes this whole thing a lot more tedious than it should be.

Abaddon’s Mouth
Renth/Eirik
[DP] Diamond Pirates

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I know it sucks that smaller guilds literally can’t unlock the guild missions.

There, fixed that for ya.

Guild Missions [merged]

Phoenix.3416

I agree with phoenix. I know it sucks that smaller guilds have a hard time completing or even unlocking the guild missions. However, I also feel that guild missions are not made for these small communities, but for the larger ones. Because that was what GW2 has been lacking since its release: content for more than 5 people that is not WvW.

Everything else in this game evolves around 5 man groups. Before Guild missions there was really no reason to be in a guild of more than 5 persons (given all have same onlinetimes) if you weren’t interested in WvW. Now there is something that requires more than 5 man to complete and caters to bigger communities and I think that is only reasonable.

The quality of the now introduced content is debatable. In my opinion Bounty hunt is rubbish (haven’t done others yet). It’s a boring and dull waiting game until all bosses are found -> press button -> slaughter bosses. And that other guilds hunt the same bosses makes this whole thing a lot more tedious than it should be.

They don’t seem to be designed for large communities either, a guild around 100 active members would probably find them far to easy for that size guild, this is pretty boring for the larger guilds as these missions are playable once a week for rewards and are done so fast they might as well just give merits away once a week.

Missions need to vary in difficulty drastically, I proposed a tier 5 bounty which had the same reward as a tier 3 mission but was repeatable. Maybe a 2000 research cost? which would require 50 or so players and be aimed at fighting a very large boss like the shatterer in a private instance, it gives larger groups something harder to do but doesn’t improve the reward. tbh I think the normal 3 tiers should be repeatable and a reduce reward so people would be more likely to help each other out since they would get rewarded for taking part.

@That other guy, I proved that your assumptions about me were far from the truth and the opposite of what nonsense you came up with.

I don’t really consider 5 guildies much of a guild since that’s exactly a party. Sure you technically are a guild but in my opinion you need more than that to be a real community, chances are only a few of you will be online at once which means you don’t even have a party worth of players online.

Guild Missions [merged]

Heibi.4251

I agree with phoenix. I know it sucks that smaller guilds have a hard time completing

@That other guy, I proved that your assumptions about me were far from the truth and the opposite of what nonsense you came up with.

I don’t really consider 5 guildies much of a guild since that’s exactly a party. Sure you technically are a guild but in my opinion you need more than that to be a real community, chances are only a few of you will be online at once which means you don’t even have a party worth of players online.

Ah, so we’re here trying to justify ourselves. The snobbish response I’ve come to expect. And you just proved my observations yet again. We are not worthy of your presence. Notice, we’re now a FAKE COMMUNITY if we’re a small guild.(BTW, we always have enough for a standard party – so much for your assumptions)

We’ve earned 13000 influence since the release of the Guild Missions making that 29000 – not going to waste anymore influence until they come up with a fix. We’re already Tier 4 on all but one area and Tier 5 on that one along with lots of upgrades in each area. All that with a guild of 12(7 truly active)

ANET, do you see what you have created here in Phoenix’s attitude? A massive class system of haves(who look down on everyone and don’t really have to work hard for influence) and the people who actually are working to reach the goal of completing the content through hard work because they don’t have the numbers for easy influence gathering.

Guild Missions [merged]

Phoenix.3416

Sigh.

Influence earnt in a large guild is no different to that in a small guild, members still need to grind an work hard to get those influence levels.

Please stop twisting what I say out of context is pretty sad :/

If you had read my post it would be obvious by now that even though my guild has a lot of influence we use it to help those who don’t. Its just my personal opinion that you need more than 5 guys to be a community, it doesn’t make it fact its just my personal opinion, you take it far far to personally since everyone has different definitions of the same concepts.

Fact is guilds can be between 1 and 500, so designing content for the first 30 of that guild is pretty far from what it should be which is what im saying, making guild missions easier because of a small group isn’t fair on the larger but making them to hard for any smaller guild to play isn’t fair either.

More tiers are needed really.

Anyway Im going to ignore you from this point, its derailing the thread beyond belief

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

…what about the guild mission unlock?

‘cause I’ve been doing some calculations, and, considering our 30+ active members that generates about 1000 influence a day…

…we will have to play for almost a year, without using any bounties or influence items, to unlock all the guild content.

Is that grinding, or is that something else?

Probably not in te literal sense of the word, but really, playing a year just to be able to play something…that’s a bit harsh, isn’t it?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

I guess I’ll add my voice to the megathread. I’m in a very small (25 person) guild, and right now only about 7 are active in GW2. Maybe once a week we get 5 people on at the same time, but usually it’s 3-4.

Last Sunday we finally unlocked the guild bounties, and decided to try one. We tried 3 times and failed each time. The first two times, we couldn’t even find the mobs within the 15 minutes. The third time we found one of the mobs with 1 minute left.

With so few people, it’s impossible to use the large guild method of locating all the mobs before activating the bounty.

Also, before someone says just do dungeons since your guild is barely even able to field one group, we would gladly stick to dungeons if the new ascended accessories were available there.

Because there are unique rewards that are tied to the guild missions, they should be doable by guilds of ALL sizes, imo.

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Destiny’s Edge is a guild, and it consists of only 6 members (including Garm).

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Shados.1306

Shados.1306

The no grinding thing has been abandoned a long time ago. Used to be you only grinded for cosmetics. Now you grind for top gear and for content, as well as to ungate some content.

GW2 is far grindier than the MMOs they were making fun of at/before launch.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

I’ve been playing 2 months and have a personal guild for bank space. I bought all influence with what i farmed and I’m Upgrade IV or V in everything but PVP..

As for the word grind.. It lacks value in this game as everything is achievable in very little time with minimal effort. Excluding legendarys, but that’s another thread.

FFXI=Actual Job
EvE=Not sure what to concider grind, ore farming? idk..
WoW=mid range grind+
Aion=Grind or buy your way through game
GW2=Ability to level a character to max in 1 day, acquire best non ascended gear in 1 day. Ability to outright buy the best “looking” legendarys (crazy, but possible). Ability to have a full ascended set in a matter of months. Ability to “beat the game(story)” in a matter of days/weeks.

There is a balance, they will find it, with or without the qq.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

The no grinding thing has been abandoned a long time ago. Used to be you only grinded for cosmetics. Now you grind for top gear and for content, as well as to ungate some content.

You haven’t played any other MMOs if you can make that statement. Yes, GW2 significantly upped the amount of grind. Despite that, it’s still substantially less grindier than most other MMOs.

If it’s grindy, then you’re only choosing to do so.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

So easy to tell GW2 is your first MMO.