Guild Wars 2 April fools 2015 [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

SAB is not coming back at this time why can’t people understand those 5 simple words.

Perhaps the release of SAB themed items in BLTChests has muddied the waters a bit?

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

And seriously I don’t know why April Fools is such a big thing in MMOs at all. It was funny when WoW did it ONE TIME and then became tedious over there too!

If Anet felt the need to imitate Blizzard so closely, they could have just finally given us mounts! Getting across their kitten world take forever.

WoW didn’t start the April Fools trend in MMOs. Contrary to popular belief, WoW was not the first major MMORPG.

wow I cant beleieve that poster claim that World of Warcraft started the April Fools jokes in MMOs….

Posted by: Bring On the Horses.2035

Bring On the Horses.2035

Such a lack of empathy, you should be ashamed of yourself.

It is not a matter of lack of empathy. It is a matter of realism.

Or do you go around and feel bad for all those being killed daily around the world?
Or is it only important to care when it happens in a western country and is well published on the news?

Well see here is your real talking point. How smart of you to use the April fools issue to to tap into the tragedy of real lives lost so you could reveal your issue with western country implied lack of compassion and understanding. I hope one day to be as smart as you

Having spent years working with human rights victims and political prisoners I find it offensive you wrap up your agenda in the death of others

Posted by: Akagami.9861

Akagami.9861

@Mads… ohh man, i’m sorry if you were upset by my comment, it was not my intention but i do not understand how you could think i was serious…

i was just…ironic…there is nothing wrong with your son playing GW2, as long as he is supervised by one of his parents…

i mean how could this " it is insensitive and offensive to kids that can’t trow fire out of their hands…" not be ironic and more far away from serious….

Posted by: Derez.6510

Derez.6510

Some people in our little world are over sensitive thinkers.

They can’t help but let their thoughts compare or dwell on sad happenings in this world and relate that feeling onto their everyday lives. Then naturally either lash out at what they love or depress over this idea they have created in their mind.

These type people are sad really. So pat them on the head and tell them… everything will be alright.

This whole airplane crash comparison is ridiculous.

The Vitruvian Man —Da Vinci pose-- is probably the default player model pose. They had the aviator cap already in the game, then some anet guy said “hey I can make a septa old timey like filter effect, It’ll take like 5 minutes.”
I don’t play with sound so I don’t know if they added plane sounds… I watch movies while I play GW2… after a few thousand hours you don’t really need the game sound or even pay much attention

You may say Anet did a lazy job and made it very annoying, But hey they did something and it is only April Fools day.

People need to lighten up and enjoy the day and play some GW2…

and maybe even some Super Adventure Box!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

They should just release this every year on 9/11, I would laugh my butt off at all the kitten people.

So would I, considering this has absolutely nothing to do with 9/11. Nor is it related even remotely in anyway. I mean if just the plane reference is that much of an issue, then all flights should be grounded to make sure no one is potentially offended by seeing one.

LOL dude you are really a White Knight. Keep it up!

Yes, I’m a white knight because I have some god kitten common sense and I don’t let everything and anything offend me. Because I realize kitten happens, that’s life. The world doesn’t just stop because of it.

If that makes me a kitten, well then see my signature. At least I’m an honest kitten.

you talk a lot about “common sense”. I am not entirely sure you can define what that is but I am pretty sure you will try to convince every poster in this forum that you fight for it. Go White Knights!

Apparently neither can you, because instead of offering an actual valid argument in return you simply resort to personal attacks. GJ.

HA, are you offended!? Don’t let everything and anything offend you. I don’t hide behind “common sense” so your statement is actually pretty ironic.

No, not offended. Did roll my eyes at you though.

Wait, I actually called you a White Knight. Is that wrong? Shouldn’t I? Because you have it in your signature.

I have it in my signature as a haha, but yes many have called me a “White Knight.” You may think whatever you choose to think, doesn’t necessarily mean its true.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Styxx.1564

Styxx.1564

This is escalating very quickly. We’ve already reached Human Rights and stuff..

Is this really a games forum? Or is this all a big joke? Heh.

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

Now that everyone and their kitten has expressed their discontent over the prank or their discontent about other peoples discontent about the prank, can we go back to enjoy the game or whatever you want to do this evening instead?
it’ll be gone tomorrow and while I find the people against it understandable, it doesn’t make it better when both sides complain about it, again and again and again and again.

Posted by: GSTim.8094

GSTim.8094

Ok, “game designer”. Try to open such “my recommendations to you” thread when you earn at least 1/1000 of their income

Posted by: Twonineone.3490

Twonineone.3490

Thank you Arikyali -.- This is joke is funny for the first 5 minutes -.-

Posted by: Kousetsu.1627

Kousetsu.1627

I think it was a great idea!

Anyone who links this to the german kamikaze pilot needs to get their mind out of the gutter!

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

It’s mainly just people talking kitten.

Posted by: Halycon.5371

Halycon.5371

This is dumbest **** I ever heard. I hope this is some april fool’s joke. BTW my fish died from being overfed once so having cooking in GW2 is really insensitive. Bad move on devs #ruinedthegame.

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

FYI, its anets game, its not yours or ours, they have the right to do what ever they want. One point of gw2 in their minds is to be immerse into the game, if they want the April pools joke that way.. sure thats cool.

ITS A APRIL FOOLS JOKE THAT LASTS FOR ONE KITTEN DAY.

April Fools joke as I know them as are suppose to be annoying and funny at the same time. Its only one day, just enjoy it.

Its not like you get paid or you are paying to play the game….. OP is just mad b.c anet took his idea :p

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Brokenangel.1389

Brokenangel.1389

My ogre friends in real life are offended by the depiction of the slaying of their families in this game, as are my pirate buddies. And how dare you slay those poor moas for chicken meat, they resemble extinct creatures. You should all be ashamed.

All mobs in this game need to be redesigned into formless animations as to not offend whatever parties may be offended by the death of something they feel is associated with them in some way, imagined or not.

/EndSarcasm

It’s a game. It’s funny. If you don’t like it, play tomorrow or quit (preferably the latter if you’re going to whine about harmless stuff like this). If you want to play anyway, there’s a ton of threads telling you how to disable the color filter & sounds.

Seriously, how is this even a conversation.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

It was fun first 15 minutes but now its incredibly annoying. It is rly that hard just open SAB without nothing new? Why you ignore player base so hardly on this one?

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Is that we get this instead of SAB and people are mad about it

If a bunch of 5 years old pretending to be an airplane in a video game offend you so much that you have to post it on the forum then I have no word

On the other hand shut up and enjoy this hilarious April fools joke, well done Anet

Posted by: magpie.1297

magpie.1297

I LOVE the April Fools gag. It’s amazing!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

SAB won’t ever come on April 1st. Or, if it does, it won’t be until the game is on the tail end of its development life cycle. People need to stop assuming that it’ll come back on April 1st. :\

It’ll be back eventually, and I look forward to it. Until then, I guess we’ll have to deal with the “SAB OR RIOTTTTT” crowd.

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

This is so funny, I was running around for like 10 minutes letting my character semi fly.

Posted by: Halycon.5371

Halycon.5371

I had a good laugh when I logged in, had lots of fun just running around +1 Anet

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Have you guys tried the “How to Dance Vol. I” with this April Fools? So funny.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I too love the April Fools, this year didn’t disappoint and can be counted with the many fun April Fools days jokes over GW1 and GW2 years. Thanks

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m loving it and have no intention of disabling any of it (maybe I’ll turn off post processing if I go do content that needs me seeing aoe warnings, like SW, but then I’m turning it right back on!).

However I noted the “fix” to the aviator cap. I wouldn’t mind getting screens of my alts smiling happily with their hair showing. If I do the trick to erase the aviator cap, is there a way to get it back on short of equipping an actual one?

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

If they hadn’t released the minis in the BLC, it would have been fine. People wouldn’t have gotten their hopes up.

Posted by: Shadowcat.6752

Shadowcat.6752

Best April Fools prank yet! Bravo ANet!

Dragonbanes Ho!

Posted by: Derez.6510

Derez.6510

Please fix. Ill be loging in to check if its has been removed.. wont be doing anyting other than checking… cant stand to play game like this.. bad move arena net for a joke this is more like a hack.. somthing lizard squad would do to make ppl not play.. you just hacked your self arena net are you stupid

Save us your complaints and don’t log in.

;)Thanks in advance.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

They’ve said SAB will be back eventually. Given that they announced SAB’s return the last time it came back (and even when it was introduced), one might assume they would do such again the next time. Therefore to assume they’ll just “stick it in the game” (which isn’t their m.o.) is kind of foolish. It’s just setting yourself up for heartache.

I honestly don’t think we’ll see it return until after the expansion drops. But maybe, hopefully, I’m wrong for the sake of those that want it.

Posted by: Killoper.8546

Killoper.8546

you shouldnt get so upset over jokes. like if you looked into the sky and saw an aeroplane would you be offended by that too? its nothing more than a coincidence and getting upset over it is pointless.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

This is a PRANK, what prank has a button to turn it off?

What prank lasts 24 kittening hours?

Many websites’ April Fool’s pranks last 24 hours; heck, google started their’s yesterday morning, so that one will be up longer than 24 hours. GW1’s pranks lasted 24 hours. Now, GW2’s pranks last 24 hours.

Yeah except that Google still works last time I checked. Its not like maps is down for 24 hours, translate make everything Klingon for 24h or google search return images of nyancat no matter what you search for, is it?

Anets “prank” break the game. Sounds and visual filters give people headaches and no animations and tags visible through walls break gameplay in WvW.

Donari.5237

Have you guys tried the “How to Dance Vol. I” with this April Fools? So funny.

Yes! I got a couple of other people dancing along. Most every emote is fun — I like /bow in particular.

Donari.5237

• A quaggan wafts gently through on a balloon to drop a forum bug fixer post *

Posted by: Bring On the Horses.2035

Bring On the Horses.2035

Oh your right I got pulled in by the veiled agenda post I’m gonna go to the mystic forge and donate to make up for it

Posted by: Highness.9061

Highness.9061

Arenanet already apologised that the April Fool’s offended the sensibilities of players. It was not intended.

Where did they apologize though?

https://forum-de.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Un-gl-cklicher-Aprilscherz/page/2#post433794

If they already apologized then what’s the big deal lol

Strike while the iron is hot ????????

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

I think the only unfunny prank of today is that so far I seen like 10 topics being the same, and that seem like spam to me, lol.

Posted by: Dakinia.8923

Dakinia.8923

Maybe my sound is low but I don’t find the planes sounds very loud and not sure how it would give someone a headache. I also somehow managed to not get the sepia tones but from what I understand it can be turned off somehow.

Last I checked it didn’t actually break the game as I had plenty of fun doing my guild missions last night with no issues. I didn’t go into WvW so can’t speak to that.

Again it is ONE day.

Posted by: Oakwind.6187

Oakwind.6187

Disable dialog sounds and put postprocessing to None until tomorrow? No? Okay, carry on whining. It makes you look real great to the few Anet employees who still read the forum. I don’t get it why you people can’t just release your hands from the keyboard, slowly count to ten and think of your options before rageposting.

I play Engineer.
Balthazar runes are broken.

RoseofGilead.8907

Many websites’ April Fool’s pranks last 24 hours; heck, google started their’s yesterday morning, so that one will be up longer than 24 hours. GW1’s pranks lasted 24 hours. Now, GW2’s pranks last 24 hours.

Yeah except that Google still works last time I checked. Its not like maps is down for 24 hours, translate make everything Klingon for 24h or google search return images of nyancat no matter what you search for, is it?

Anets “prank” break the game. Sounds and visual filters give people headaches and no animations and tags visible through walls break gameplay in WvW.

Guess what else still works? The game. I’m currently killing ettins for Ettin Slayer. The sounds and visual filters can be turned off. As for the tag thingy, I’ll admit that’s odd and unfortunate. But, again, the game is very much playable.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

SAB would be a great filler until expansion is out.

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

But the problems are, it doesnt have to go away, and players dont want to wait 2 years for updates to something that is actually PLAY FOR FUN and NOT FOR GOLD….

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Smooticus.2854

Smooticus.2854

Some people aren’t happy unless they have something to complain about. Its been an epic April Fools watching so many people make themselves look like oversensitive kittens.

Smooticus – Charr Engineer
Kaineng

LanfearShadowflame.3189

SAB would be a great filler until expansion is out.

I don’t disagree, though I don’t personally enjoy it myself.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

SAB was the problem? Hmm thought it was because people are insane. Who knew?

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

When you live, you will die…

If you do not live…. well stay the hell away from me, and take hell with you..

My condoleances to ppl who lost friends and family on -any- airplane flight… but when you are in the air you should understand there is some risk involved you cannot foresee, It’s a problem with not having wings… It’s about the same with a ship, only difference is we can swim a little o flippers and fishtail though, or gills… Wether you fall to your death or drown It’s mostly due to travelling areas we are not meant to be.

So…

I like the emote, It fits my present level of sanity, and most of yours…

And for people buying all this protest :

APRIL FOOL’s! @ all of you,

6 hours to go…

and it will all be over…relax, enjoy your life, do things some can do no more.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: MFoy.3284

MFoy.3284

Well, I thought it was funny for about the first 15 mins or so. Then, it started to give me a headache until I read about the “Post Processing” switch gets out of the fuzzy Sepia tone stuff. Still, logged out early last night wishing they had built in an Off Switch.

Personally, I would have built in a timer with a random number of minutes between 1 – 10 after which things would return to normal. That would have been a better gag.

The best April Fools gag I’ve ever had pulled on me was when I logged into my account at work and “Account Suspended” messages started to pop up. Then my session was killed. When I logged back in everything was normal. Great gag….

… Cuz it knew when to stop.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Disabling dialog sounds doesnt change the fact that all sounds are going through that “nostalgia” filter. Like sitting inside a metal barrel. Its horrid. If you cant hear it, you cant have good enough headphones.

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

Please fix and let us all get back to the game we love!

Okay. itll be fixed tomorrow.

@ Above:

No, the amount of negative posts is proof of how tragically delicate our society is becoming.

Not sure I’d say delicate, more like manipulative.

Posted by: knives.6132

knives.6132

This one.

Seriously. Is there a rule somewhere that pranks should last for a specific time?

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

I am extremely offended by this. … This is HIGHLY OFFENSIVE toward anyone who suffered recent airplane loss

You are half right. I believe you when you say you’re offended; but just because you’re offended by something doesn’t make it offensive. There are many things people are offended by which simply aren’t offensive.

RoseofGilead.8907

Disabling dialog sounds doesnt change the fact that all sounds are going through that “nostalgia” filter. Like sitting inside a metal barrel. Its horrid. If you cant hear it, you cant have good enough headphones.

I don’t play using headphones; I just use my speakers. The sound hasn’t been bothering me at all. If a sound DOES bother me, I turn my speakers down and continue playing.