Belzebu.3912

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Guild Wars 2 April fools 2015 [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rannith.9068

Rannith.9068

arena net has already lost 764 brownie points with me. Forced me to play other games.. deleting my posts and merging it with others…This “event” is actually cutting into the notion of buying the xpansion. 3 days ago I was willing to throw $ at them…but not anymore.

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

You guys do realize that this has something to do with the expansion right? remember all that hang glide stuff on the heart of the maguuma trailer? yeah … stop whining.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SSed8tYnek

Actually this airplane joke has nothing to do with HoT, but with this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CunHb3TJsg

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

No, you don’t, actually. Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last decade you should have known something stupid would happen today. That the thing would be all day long and that it would not be optional. That is how the day works.

It is all on you to come up in here and cry about the devs having one day of fun, regardless of what difficulties and possible bugs it might bring with it. It is for one day only. It is not killing you. If it’s ruining your fun, TOO BAD. Get over it and get over yourself. It will all be back to normal in about five hours.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: rtek.3214

rtek.3214

Yes, i agree. They should waste time and recources on making and including option in the game to disable prank that’s gonna last for 24 hours in a whole kittening year.

Get a life.

“Remember kids, always ask for permission before you [Impale] their [Ring of Earth].”
~Johann The Burned

Posted by: Drachenfang.1290

Drachenfang.1290

Like most folks the event was cute for about a minute or so but then I discovered there was no way to disable it without messing with my settings and having to watch my character try to do all its animations with their arms out. I was hugely disappointed with this event and angry that I had to go hunting for way to shut off the annoying effects. Here’s hoping anet thinks before cramming 24 hours of something I have to tolerate down my throat again next year.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

arena net has already lost 764 brownie points with me. Forced me to play other games.. deleting my posts and merging it with others…This “event” is actually cutting into the notion of buying the xpansion. 3 days ago I was willing to throw $ at them…but not anymore.

Oh noes what ever will they do~

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Within Any given 90 day period there will have people who have died due to cuts from an edged weapon. Others will have died from gunshot wounds. Still others will have died from blunt trauma. Some will have died from damage caused by a fall. Some from animal attacks. Some will have drowned.

Should Anet remove swords, daggers, axes, guns, bows, animal pets, wild animals, underwater content, amything that one could fall from, hammers, and maces from the game in order to avoid being “insensitive?”

Where were the people who are complaining now when someone died from a gunshot yesterday? Where were they when tanks, which have killed people, were introduced into the game? Helicopters? Where were the complaints of insensitivity when using a knife to kill was discovered to be part of the game.

There isnt any insensitivity going on here, just hypocrisy and people looking for an excuse to blame Anet for something.

oh shut up none of what you said is valid.

Its all relevant and all accurate. People are taking advantage of a recent tragedy to take potshots at Anet. I dont like the event either but at least Im not trying to hide behind corpses to invent a point.

Posted by: Nunna.6413

Nunna.6413

You guys do realize that this has something to do with the expansion right? remember all that hang glide stuff on the heart of the maguuma trailer? yeah … stop whining.

Actually this airplane joke has nothing to do with HoT, but with this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CunHb3TJsg

LMAO now that you mention that i remember. yeah that was one epic moment.

Posted by: Damian.6978

Damian.6978

No, you don’t, actually. Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last decade you should have known something stupid would happen today. That the thing would be all day long and that it would not be optional. That is how the day works.

It is all on you to come up in here and cry about the devs having one day of fun, regardless of what difficulties and possible bugs it might bring with it. It is for one day only. It is not killing you. If it’s ruining your fun, TOO BAD. Get over it and get over yourself. It will all be back to normal in about five hours.

Amen. Have my brownie points, whatever they are!

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

LMAO now that you mention that i remember. yeah that was one epic moment.

It’s happened to me in a dungeon before too so I was super happy to have the effects added too! https://youtu.be/o06616OhfWw

Posted by: steppen.9381

steppen.9381

I am on the side of the fence that didn’t like the airplane mode prank. I liked it for about 5 minutes, and after that it just started to annoy me. Mostly the busted animations so I couldn’t really tell if my attacks were going off and/or complete. But I also don’t want to “complain” about it. I just logged out and won’t log back in until it’s over. Not that big of a deal.

Though seeing how divisive it seems to be to the community, at least on the surface, I wonder if it might be in ArenaNet’s best interest to add a new general setting to enable/disable similar content – maybe something like “Enable Extraneous Content”. Leave the setting there all the time, and most of the time it doesn’t do anything. Then they can always base this kind of temporary content on that flag.

Posted by: SpencersCJ.6418

SpencersCJ.6418

Its almost like its an April fool prank or something, Im finding it hilarious watching all of these people act like children over something that will be over in a day

Posted by: sean.6058

sean.6058

trololololololololllll

Posted by: imthelite.3587

imthelite.3587

Congratulations!

I fully fell for your April fools day joke today. That hasn’t happened in many years, it was very creative and I laughed with great delight. Congratulations on your creativeness!

Posted by: Ponzu.4570

Ponzu.4570

am having so much fun

Attachments:

lvl80 sylavari Engineer
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

How did you “fall” for it? You make it sound like they tricked you or something.

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Just have fun with it till its gone!!

https://youtu.be/y3R_0gmJwtE

Messing with up-lvl in wvw

https://youtu.be/rLEo1-Tbvrs

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

As much whining as the forums are showing, believe it or not the people that hate this prank are in the vast minority. Don’t expect the Anet team to change a tradition they had done the last 10 or so years including in GW1 to change just because you and some others don’t like it.

I’ll believe it if you can show me some data to demonstrate it.

I’ve noticed no matter what anet does to update the game, big or small, there will ALWAYS be complainers.

This is true. I certainly won’t deny it. But most changes aren’t so in-your-face and impossible to overlook.

I dunno, I just don’t get why Anet wouldn’t want to please everyone*. This is one of the few opportunities they have to do so.

(*Those connecting this to the airplane crashes notwithstanding. I’m not touching that subject with a ten-foot pole. There’s no rational debate to be had over something so emotionally driven.)

You need proof that GW has always done April Fools jokes? I guess I also need to be your /wiki

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/April_Fools%27_Day this is from GW1

Last year we were all bobble-headed, this year we are all planes.

And your comment of ‘Anet trying to please anyone’ is just silly. Even if there was an option to toggle the prank on or off, you have all the complainers saying ‘oh noooo but what about the random plane from last week on the newz!?!?!?’

Posted by: Aeden.5896

Aeden.5896

This April Fools joke is annoying. It’s distracting and ugly and forcing us to see it for a whole day just because it’s April 1st was a poor decision.

Being offended by it because of flight 9525 is quite a stretch and you might want to meditate on what other more tangible problems you could direct your youthful energy towards solving.

Kal Spiro.9745

As much whining as the forums are showing, believe it or not the people that hate this prank are in the vast minority. Don’t expect the Anet team to change a tradition they had done the last 10 or so years including in GW1 to change just because you and some others don’t like it.

I’ll believe it if you can show me some data to demonstrate it.

I’ve noticed no matter what anet does to update the game, big or small, there will ALWAYS be complainers.

This is true. I certainly won’t deny it. But most changes aren’t so in-your-face and impossible to overlook.

I dunno, I just don’t get why Anet wouldn’t want to please everyone*. This is one of the few opportunities they have to do so.

(*Those connecting this to the airplane crashes notwithstanding. I’m not touching that subject with a ten-foot pole. There’s no rational debate to be had over something so emotionally driven.)

You need proof that GW has always done April Fools jokes? I guess I also need to be your /wiki

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/April_Fools%27_Day this is from GW1

Last year we were all bobble-headed, this year we are all planes.

And your comment of ‘Anet trying to please anyone’ is just silly. Even if there was an option to toggle the prank on or off, you have all the complainers saying ‘oh noooo but what about the random plane from last week on the newz!?!?!?’

I don’t care about this particular debate, but I think he’s looking for proof that the haters are in the minority to those enjoying it.

Personally I think everyone is in the minority to those that are bummed this isn’t SAB. The mass riots across all server groups and megaservers at the cube in Rata Sum is my evidence of that.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: Ghostrunner.4728

Ghostrunner.4728

Was having fun flying around Tyria and made this little video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbPqtcZldMw

Kal Spiro.9745

This April Fools joke is annoying. It’s distracting and ugly and forcing us to see it for a whole day just because it’s April 1st was a poor decision.

Well I haven’t been able to experience yet as I did not play last night and have been at work all day today. Therefore they are keeping it running fro me personally so I will have the opportunity to play with it later. I expect to only play it for a bit then stop, the same way I did last year for bobbleheads, but I still want the chance and am thankful to ANet for giving me it.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Well, Anet seem to have succeeded in distracting everyone from SAB and the OccupySAB2015 thing.

So I guess well played?

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

The best joke is going to explain to the shareholders why the game lost so much money on 4/1….love to be a fly on the wall during that board meeting…

Kal Spiro.9745

The best joke is going to explain to the shareholders why the game lost so much money on 4/1….love to be a fly on the wall during that board meeting…

Lost money how? From all the subs cancelled? Oh wait, those aren’t a thing. From… no, there’s no way for them to specifically show a loss of revenue associated with this day, even if that were actually happening, which it’s not.

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

I enjoyed the bobble heads very much.

The plane thing seems more irritating than amusing.

Nothing more to add.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I think this might actually have stopped people leaving. After the minis yesterday, SAB anger would have actually hit a peak (and a lot of people paid money for that continue coin). This has taken the steam out of that, and will be gone by tomorrow.

Don’t get me wrong, I think they’ll lose money after today, but they’ve averted a bigger loss.

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

To all those that bring those “poor offended Europeans” as an excuse to feel offended themselves by the prank… have you actually stopped for a moment to realise not all of us are oversensitive little kittens that can’t handle adult life in the real world? Don’t group us all together. Sincerely, a European that -almost- had family in the germanwing flight.

In such situations, those that would honestly be offended by such a prank, would have to find another way to distract themselves from their grief for the day. It’s what grown-ups do.

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Kamara.4187

Lost money how? From all the subs cancelled? Oh wait, those aren’t a thing. From… no, there’s no way for them to specifically show a loss of revenue associated with this day, even if that were actually happening, which it’s not.

When cash shoppers don’t log in they don’t spend money which is where the real profits are made in gw2….

Bellizare.5816

Black Lion sales are probably reported as a daily. Of course there is no way to measure $ “lost.”

I guess I did have something more to add.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Observances:

1. No airplanes observed in Tyria. (airships are not airplanes).
2. Tyrians suddenly observed to imitate airplanes.

Conclusion: Illuminati confirmed!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Kal Spiro.9745

When cash shoppers don’t log in they don’t spend money which is where the real profits are made in gw2….

You’re really over estimating the impact this will and is having. Also, even if this is making an impact, no one looks at a single day and care. They look at the week, the month, the quarter, or the year. The day is fairly arbitrary.

Posted by: Styxx.1564

Styxx.1564

Brace yourselves… Expert financial analysts are coming.

Bellizare.5816

Indeed.

Eight Samurai.6840

And then Anet will release the Balthazar outfit on the gemstore. Good luck saying ‘no’ to buying that.

Posted by: HitmanHaydon.1053

HitmanHaydon.1053

It sucks

Bellizare.5816

And then Anet will release the Balthazar outfit on the gemstore. Good luck saying ‘no’ to buying that.

If I buy that, I will do it with some of the gold I have saved since the traits patch last April. I have not had to outfit alts.

Kamara.4187

You’re really over estimating the impact this will and is having. Also, even if this is making an impact, no one looks at a single day and care. They look at the week, the month, the quarter, or the year. The day is fairly arbitrary.

I disagree.

Posted by: Peagasus.4136

Peagasus.4136

This April Fool was inappropriate, 149+1 died in a plane crasch in the French Alps !
Srry Arenanet not Funny It’s sick

Eight Samurai.6840

I always buy gems with gold if Anet was THAT worried about not making money, they always have the option to remove gold to gem exchange. I think people forget that Guild Wars is a franchise and doesn’t rely one one avenue of revenue.

ON THAT NOTE THERE IS A FREE BOX O’ FUN ON THE GEM STORE TODAY!

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

This April Fool was inappropriate, 149+1 died in a plane crasch in the French Alps !
Srry Arenanet not Funny It’s sick

QQ its a game that has nothing to do with real life and in no way was related to ANY real life tragic accidents.

Can we stop with these and enjoy a fun/funny game where you get to be a 5yr old having fun pretending to be an airplane.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Wrong type of plane dude. Even if it was the same flight concept as modern commercial, they’d be doing those people a service since many Americans never heard of the crash.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

21,000 people die each day from not having food to eat. Your point being?

Tragic yes but not something they could have foreseen months ago when adding it to the roster of things to add in game. Get over it. Real life doesn’t mix well with a game, try to keep it separate ok?

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

I seriously doubt Anet would lose any revenue from their daily gem sales (with real money). Why? Because I believe people are severely overestimating the number of people not logging in today because of this silly april fool’s joke.

Posted by: ZerotheFang.5890

ZerotheFang.5890

k fun for first 30 mins now just annoying as ever i can’t concentrate on jumping things cause my character does not move correctly and noise it make is annoying, combat is now horribly boring. i just joined a couple days ago this is getting stupid fast and now thinking i should have not gotten game.

where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Wait a minute.. they have time to re-create these animations, yet they don’t fix the human female idle animation, that they labeled as a bug? Priorities much?

Posted by: Styxx.1564

Styxx.1564

Here we go again.

You see this screenshot?
YOU SEE IT? It has Germanwings plane crash written ALL OVER IT! Outrageous!

Attachments:

Eight Samurai.6840

Wait a minute.. they have time to re-create these animations, yet they don’t fix the human female idle animation, that they labeled as a bug? Priorities much?

IKR HOW DARE ANET TRY TO CELEBRATE APRIL FOOLS! THOSE JERKYHEADS!

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Here we go again.

You see this screenshot?
YOU SEE IT? It has Germanwings plane crash written ALL OVER IT! Outrageous!

That’s quite a nice shot (narrative not withstanding).

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?