Guild Wars 2 April fools 2015 [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Oh gosh yes. -high fives-

I enjoyed map completion….pretending I was trekking in some tropical jungle of a 40s-50s sepia movie.

“Look yonder! That my friend is a very rare breed of moa! Oh no! Pirates! We’re surrounded by pirates! To arms my good friend, to arms!”

Posted by: kakusei.9456

kakusei.9456

the most annoying event since the game’s release! someone say that is pleasurable to play this way, it’s almost crazy lol

Posted by: Daeanara.6027

Daeanara.6027

at least they did’nt do this http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/April_Fools%27_Day_2008 again

Posted by: Styxx.1564

Styxx.1564

To arms my good friend, to arms!"

But you don’t have arms. You’re an airplane!

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

at least they did’nt do this http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/April_Fools%27_Day_2008 again

Honestly would have loved that! Because my animations still worked! Even if they looked silly!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Dante.1763

Please Anet, fix forum bug(Lel was in wrong thread)

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

Seriously? You need to let us opt out of the really, really stupid stuff.
Nothing more needs saying than how disappointed we are.

While we’re at it, I find the talking robot backpack incredibly stupid and annoying and I think I should have a special option to mute it and only it whenever I want.

While we’re at it, Wow!, You actually responded to a let us opt out comment?
SO GLAD I’m not that bored! Disappointment now has pity added to it.

Er… Was that supposed to be a dig? I was in Weather and the Atmosphere at my university. Required elective. You have no idea how bored I was.

My point in the previous post was made via sarcasm, but I think the point itself is solid: just because someone thinks some type of content is “stupid” doesn’t mean the whole game should change because of it.

But to be clear, I really do find those talking robot backpacks annoying.

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

Special?

The snowflakes are falling.

It’s turning in to a blizzard.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Posted by: Daeanara.6027

Daeanara.6027

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

My only complaint is the sounds effects got annyoing after the first 15 mins and had to mute my sound till its over, other than that its great april fools joke.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

You need proof that GW has always done April Fools jokes? I guess I also need to be your /wiki

I was asking for proof that “the people that hate this prank are in the vast minority”. That sounds like a statistic you made up on the spot, but I welcome evidence to the contrary.

And your comment of ‘Anet trying to please anyone’ is just silly. Even if there was an option to toggle the prank on or off, you have all the complainers saying ‘oh noooo but what about the random plane from last week on the newz!?!?!?’

I’ll just quote myself and let you figure it out:

I dunno, I just don’t get why Anet wouldn’t want to please everyone*. This is one of the few opportunities they have to do so.

(*Those connecting this to the airplane crashes notwithstanding. I’m not touching that subject with a ten-foot pole. There’s no rational debate to be had over something so emotionally driven.)

As many complaints as everyone has against Anet, if the majority of the player community in fact not like April Fools jokes they would have stopped back in GW1. The same exact comments were made last year saying that bobbleheads were annoying (boohooooo) also asking to toggle on or off. If they cared in the slightest about the complainer’s opinions on April Fools, a prank that lasts only 24 hours, they would have done something about it beforehand. There is nothing you can’t do now in game as you could before.

Once again, your second comment of ‘making everyone happy’ is NEVER going to be possible. Either you are new to the forums or you are ignorant. People will always find things to complain about here. Putting in a toggle would still have people complaining.

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

so i wonder,
the spanish and the german forums have dev posts where they admit it is unfortunate that this joke was made, why again is there no offical EN post about it? it seems rather strange seen as people here are getting shredded, judged and actually dead children are beeing laughed at.
still no statement from gaile for example?
are we plannin gon sitting it out? all those people been attacked here have to grow a pair? no moderators act ( besides making it impossible to follow by merging the threads) and no offical post from a net, and i do not mean the local guys i mean those who post here, where people alive and dead are insulted by the minute

Eight Samurai.6840

so i wonder,
the spanish and the german forums have dev posts where they admit it is unfortunate that this joke was made, why again is there no offical EN post about it? it seems rather strange seen as people here are getting shredded, judged and actually dead children are beeing laughed at.
are we plannin gon sitting it out? all those people been attacked here have to grow a pair? no moderators act ( besides making it impossible to follow by merging the threads) and no offical post from a net, and i do not mean the local guys i mean those who post here, where people alive and dead are insulted by the minute

Because to be honest, they have nothing to apologize for. There is an grandiose line between making our characters pretend to be planes like little children with an old timey movie look, and a plane crash. Yes it is sad as to what happened sure, that does not mean we can’t move on considering this was a local incident and probably nearly no one in the game is personally affected by this.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They have nothing to apologize for.
And the issue is that if the start apologizing for this now, they will basically put themselves in a position where people will basically demand an apology for every single release ever.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

They have nothing to apologize for.
And the issue is that if the start apologizing for this now, they will basically put themselves in a position where people will basically demand an apology for every single release ever.

Well, we are still overdue an apology for the entire AprilMegaFailPatch.

Zing!

Posted by: munki.6402

munki.6402

so i wonder,

Your appeal to emotion is noted. Stop using your flimsy correlation as justification for your annoyance at having your in-game immersion broken. It’s far more despicable than your accusations against Anet.

4/1/15 forum meltdown survivor

Silberfederling.9302

so i wonder,

Because to be honest, they have nothing to apologize for. There is an grandiose line between making our characters pretend to be planes like little children with an old timey movie look, and a plane crash. Yes it is sad as to what happened sure, that does not mean we can’t move on considering this was a local incident and probably nearly no one in the game is personally affected by this.

yeah…. but why the local apologies? but here where people are making fun over dead children, no response?

Posted by: Rannith.9068

Rannith.9068

I just want to let you guys know I do not like this event at all…especially when you force it on us….I dont care if it is April fools. I want to have fun like everyone else and this event is ruining the game for me. I get it funy ha ha. Thanks for ruining my experience.

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

so i wonder,

By your logic I want all guns and daggers removed for the children that are shot and or stabbed on a daily basis across the globe.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

JediYoda.1275

so i wonder,

So I shouldn’t play World War 2 games because 6 million plus Jews were killed plus millions more innocent civilians?

Silberfederling.9302

so i wonder,

Your appeal to emotion is noted. Stop using your flimsy correlation as justification for your annoyance at having your in-game immersion broken. It’s far more despicable than your accusations against Anet.

uhm sorry but just no…
there are actually people here that had to deal with this for two weeks now
first thing after two hard weeks working with family members is this aviation joke?
sod the immersion it is about the timing. and your post was really just … yeah….

Posted by: irishrose.9580

irishrose.9580

To those who think no apology is necessary, you are simply wrong. This type of black humor has no place here. The dev’s made a mistake and they need to acknowledge it. Bobble heads, etc., while annoying did not allow comparisons to a mass murder. Certainly some took no offense, but for those who did the development team needs to apologize in some manner.

lordkrall.7241

uhm sorry but just no…
first thing after two hard weeks working with family members is this aviation joke?
sod the immersion it is about the timing. and your post was really just … yeah….

There were cities bombed and people killed just a day before Scarlet destroyed Lion’s Arch. Should they have postponed that release as well?
What about releases that involves knives or guns, since every single day people are getting killed by those?

There are ALWAYS tragedies happening around the world. If they base their releases around that they will never be able to release anything.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

WereDragon.6083

To those who think no apology is necessary, you are simply wrong. This type of black humor has no place here. The dev’s made a mistake and they need to acknowledge it. Bobble heads, etc., while annoying did not allow comparisons to a mass murder. Certainly some took no offense, but for those who did the development team needs to apologize in some manner.

This airplane mode was from a video that was posted along time ago and from it multiple threads asking for it sense.

Get over it and I will state again, I want all daggers and guns taken out of the game from all the tragic shootings and stabbings that happen across the world.

Posted by: Forsaken.7015

Forsaken.7015

Sure it was amusing for 10 minutes but it kitten annoying and they should have implemented a way to disable it.

JediYoda.1275

I dissagree, no mater what someone does someone will find something to be offended by something, people just need to chill out and move on.

lordkrall.7241

It is not black humor. It was an event planned and developed LONG before the crash. It have no connection whatsoever.

There are always tragedies happening around the world. Catering releases to that means no releases ever.

As for the booble heads: There are actual diseases that look like that, which usually leads to death. So shouldn’t that also not have been added then, since clearly someone can make that connection?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Greymelken.1892

Greymelken.1892

To say that you are offended with this joke for any reason beyond how utterly stupid it is and how unplayable it makes the game is quite foolish.

Tragedy happens everyday.

Just now, someone was stabbed with a dagger. There, someone was just shot with a pistol. A shotgun. Are we going to get upset now that we have daggers and pistols in the game?

A child in Wyoming was assaulted by a dog. Offended at gw2 because there are rabid lupines in the game?

A man falls to his death after doing something foolish, many people grieve. Remove fall damage?

Get a grip on reality, and realize that gw2 isnt it.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Ehh Bobble heads + Dale Akiki, not as much mass murder as much as child molestation and other sickening things.

It was poor timing on something planned way before hand I’m sure.

Posted by: munki.6402

munki.6402

uhm sorry but just no…

My post was the truth. You, like many others here, found a way to justify your annoyance at this April Fools prank and I find it disgusting. You’re using this tragedy. I am offended and I require an apology from You.

4/1/15 forum meltdown survivor

Silberfederling.9302

JediYoda.1275, WereDragon.6083 my logic? btw i am german so yeah the whole ww2 games thing, i really do rather detest those games. but be that as it may, i think you guys might just try to think for your self. think quite hard. so i have to compare dead people to others, just to say: welll too bad but so is life, and now i wil make fun of those who are actually taken aback by those comments.
i wonder what you guys would say if you were involved in this event

(edited by Silberfederling.9302)

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

This was a game bug years ago.. Oh look I found the link

https://youtu.be/_CunHb3TJsg

Also read the comments on that video.. Over 2 years ago players were laughing about it and trying to get it put into the game as some sort of emote

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275, WereDragon.6083 my logic? btw i am german so yeah the whole ww2 games thing, i really do rather detest them. but be that as it may, i think you guys might just try to think for your self. think quite hard. so i have to compare dead people to others, just to say: welll too bad but so is life, and now i wil make fun of those who are actually taken aback by those comments.

lol what? my post is no different than what allot of people on this forum are doing comapring this april fools joke to the german plane crash. Besides you clearly missed my point I was making!!!

People die every single day and we kill people ingame so whats your point?

(edited by JediYoda.1275)

Eight Samurai.6840

JediYoda.1275, WereDragon.6083 my logic? btw i am german so yeah the whole ww2 games thing, i really do rather detest them. but be that as it may, i think you guys might just try to think for your self. think quite hard. so i have to compare dead people to others, just to say: welll too bad but so is life, and now i wil make fun of those who are actually taken aback by those comments.

Do you agree that litterally every day people die by pistols, rifles, and blades? Yet you still play this game using those weapons do you not, or are those not tragedies because they don’t get as much publicity around the world? I have a very difficult time seeing the difference.

WereDragon.6083

I was involved with the man stabbed in my apartment complex last week, I was the one who called 911. So still holding to your logic I want daggers banned ingame.

Silberfederling.9302

i think that is about it then. german und spanish forums got the statement. EN forum smites every single statement that is made that it is a bad timing for this.
verdict: we sit it out and let the trolls take care of the rest

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Seriously, its someone running around as an airplane. Its not like Anet has put something like a plane crashing down in flames due to someone sabotaging the airsh…oh wait.

But no, this is a light hearted thing. Is everyone complaining in here right now also grabbing little kids on the street that might be doing this and giving them a stern talking to about world events??? Its a joke, and funny one at that. (Especially swimming on the surface of the water.)

People really need to be less sensitive over this nonsense.

I’m from NY and you didn’t see me screaming “too soon” or how insensitive Anet was when we had to blow up the tower in the middle of Kessex Hills. Y’know why? Because I know this is a GAME. A fantasy game.

Oy. There are plenty of things to be upset with regarding the game and Anet’s handling of it. This is not one of those things. Really.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Xaevryn.5687

Xaevryn.5687

Is it over yet? can I come back and play?

Posted by: Oheson.2319

Oheson.2319

This seriously makes me think about dropping this game and not playing again.

Dante.1763

Which part? the people over reacting by claiming that this is tied to that airplane crash? or the part of the joke? if thats(the second bit) is really all it takes, then do so please. At least i enjoyed it for awhile, hell i logged in later just to enjoy it again. But i would still have liked an option to opt out of it.

lordkrall.7241

If this is all it takes (a single day with a joke) to make you think about quitting the game I have a feeling you are just looking for an excuse to quit.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Eight Samurai.6840

Okay we will miss you!

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

JediYoda.1275, WereDragon.6083 my logic? btw i am german so yeah the whole ww2 games thing, i really do rather detest those games. but be that as it may, i think you guys might just try to think for your self. think quite hard. so i have to compare dead people to others, just to say: welll too bad but so is life, and now i wil make fun of those who are actually taken aback by those comments.

I’d probably be with the people who lost loved ones and not spending all my time on the forums of some silly game raging about them having bad timing with a fun airplane related thing.

Maybe that’s just me though /shrug.

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

If memory serves me correctly (and it does) last years Bobble head gave you the option to turn off. Log in Bobble head, log out and back in normal. Log out and on again bobble head and so forth. Why were we not given this option again then everyone would be happy and I wouldn’t find it as annoying.

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Just because some people have worked themselves into a state of righteous indignation over an animation and a perceived relationship between it and something that happened a week ago and over 5000 miles away from ANet’s office, doesn’t mean their perception is correct.

Just because this was front and center to you, doesn’t mean it was front and center to people thousands of miles away on a different continent. This was undoubtably in your newspapers on the front page every day. That doesn’t mean it was given the same level of attention in the newspapers that ANet reads or on the US news channels.

What is local to you, is distant to us. There is no reason to think, except because you think whatever happens near you should have the same level of absorbing interest for everyone on the world, for ANet to consider a plane crash a week ago on the other side of the world.

When tragedies happen in the US, do you, in Europe, make sure that there aren’t accidental references to the event by the people in Europe and demand apologies if there are?

Should we be scrutinizing your words and deeds to make sure there is no accidental references to our tragedies, no matter how slight, and demand apologies from you?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Dante.1763

If memory serves me correctly (and it does) lasy years Bobble head gave you the option to turn off. Log in Bobble head, log out and back in normal. Log out and on again bobble head and so forth. Why were we not given this option again then everyone would be happy and I wouldn’t find it as annoying.

It doesnt in this case. Last year if you wanted to turn it off you had to turn your computers time back a day and each time you entered bble head made me motor exited a map you had to enter and exit the game, i did this often because the boion sick.

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

Logged in.
Airplane mode still on.
Exit to desktop.
Nuff said.

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

If memory serves me correctly (and it does) lasy years Bobble head gave you the option to turn off. Log in Bobble head, log out and back in normal. Log out and on again bobble head and so forth. Why were we not given this option again then everyone would be happy and I wouldn’t find it as annoying.

It doesnt in this case. Last year if you wanted to turn it off you had to turn your computers time back a day and each time you entered bble head made me motor exited a map you had to enter and exit the game, i did this often because the boion sick.

No my friend you are wrong on this. I never adjusted my date or time.

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

To those who think no apology is necessary, you are simply wrong. This type of black humor has no place here. The dev’s made a mistake and they need to acknowledge it. …

Your comment is very offensive and racist. You made a mistake and need to acknowledge it.

Posted by: Mortou.3251

Mortou.3251

Worst idea ever. Broken aesthetic game features. Idiotic sounds, which made the game unplayable. Day lost, thanks Anet.