Holy Grind Wars 2!

Holy Grind Wars 2!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

I like these responses.

Im gonna play football with one hand tied behind my back and complain about losing because the other team has everyone using two.

You CHOOSE to handicap yourself. Dont blame others for doing everything and getting stuff faster.

I’m playing content made specifically for coordinated teams and getting almost no rewards. On the other hand you spend hours at spamming 1 during lagfest events and are rewarded unproportionally to your input. Your analogy is hiliarous to say the least, I’m actually putting infinitely more effort than you do.

I choose not to die from boredom while doing mindnumbing, brainless activity people like you find entertaining. What happened to “play how I want”? At the launch you could have got BiS gear for numbers of sources, wvw, dungeons, karma, crafting.

Explain logically, why people like you need gear progression without any new content? You can’t have fun without it?

Play how you want is a state of mind, thus grind is a state of mind also.

For quick example, I became bored of fractals quite a while ago, I do not usually play them any more and doing any more than 3-4 in a session gets tiresome and ‘grindy’.
However I love the infused back piece and has been a side project for my main for as long as fractals have been around.

So how do I tackle this problem?

1. I play what I find entertaining at the time, safe in the knowledge im a happy gamer that doesnt feel like I need anything out this game, apart from fun.
2. I play fractals occasionaly, while still having fun I purposely limit myself to how many I play to reduce my internal feeling of grind, safe in the knowledge that someday, ill have that infused back piece without mashing out the exact same content repeatedly for weeks on end.

Its called gaming with some sense of willpower and maturity.

What im saying is its all a matter of subjective opinion, with a nasty side order of carrot mentality.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I like these responses.

Im gonna play football with one hand tied behind my back and complain about losing because the other team has everyone using two.

You CHOOSE to handicap yourself. Dont blame others for doing everything and getting stuff faster.

I’m playing content made specifically for coordinated teams and getting almost no rewards. On the other hand you spend hours at spamming 1 during lagfest events and are rewarded unproportionally to your input. Your analogy is hiliarous to say the least, I’m actually putting infinitely more effort than you do.

I choose not to die from boredom while doing mindnumbing, brainless activity people like you find entertaining. What happened to “play how I want”? At the launch you could have got BiS gear from numbers of sources, wvw, dungeons, karma, crafting.

Explain logically, why people like you need gear progression without any new content? You can’t have fun without it?

You spend 1 to 2 hours playing a game. And expect to be rewarded with the bis gear immediately. That, is laughable.

No new content? Hold on, fractals has new content? I got bored with that place after 20. Why? Same bosses, same mechanics, just an extra dot. Just higher hp mobs and deal more dmg. Ooooo.

Again, i play more stuff than you. I wvw, do boss events (what is this lag you speak of?), go to other areas and i never spent much time in to see whats going in, or soloing group events woth champs tjat can bring a hurting to you.

Now, explain to me, why you, who plays a tiny fraction of the game, for only a few hours, deserves better gear than anyone else?

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Hm, i just need emp crystals apparently, and time. So im on track.

How you say?

IM JUST PLAYING THE GAME

The cool thing to do now is salvage everything you get, go to different zones (you wont just get 80 loot all the time) . Even in wvw killing lower players gives me lower end loot. Or i get badges, which then i buy prints and sell on tp, then buy lower loot to salvage.

I’m playing a game – fractals. I get ~100 bloodstones, 49 empyreal fragments, 0 dragonite ores and 1-2g for 1-2 hours of work.

Highlighted the parts of your post which summarise the flaw in your argument, and is a fundamental flaw within the gaming community.

I think its time many people re-evaluate their reasoning for playing MMORPGS.

I worked on my golf swing today. I worked on my tan.

The usage of the word work, in this case, isn’t necessarily used to denote employment or something unpleasant.

Ok mr semantics, ill bite. Pointing out the fact he used play and work in the same argument was merely an attempt at showing the OPs logical fallacy, the difference between the ideas of work and play are especially related to this topic.

Play is fundamental within the sense of timelessness. Play is centered around being in the moment and enjoying it, not caring about future worries or past anxieties. Work is undesirable effort that is put into a common goal or purpose, heavily relying on the future. The difference between my understanding and that of the average MMO player is the fact that work is unavoidable in most cases of achievement or success, its all about how you view that ‘work’ in relativity to your ‘play’.

For example;

To use your analogy;

I worked on my golf swing today = I put alot of effort into my swing today, knowing my game will improve because of it, the ends justify the means to me or I simply wouldn’t bother.
I worked on my tan = I put alot of effort into my tan, knowing I will feel more confident and attractive with it, the end justifys the means to me or I simply wouldn’t bother.

This is key and this is what alot of gamers dont consider, the acceptance of this will not only free you from any forced grind or sense of duty, but also allow you to begin looking at making your ‘Work’ as much like ‘Play’ as possible.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

I just wish they’d design content that didn’t have anything to do with tier gear. I’d rather have a new dungeon. Or even have them fix one of the existing ones. Or even spend more time making the LS actually good….

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

I just wish they’d design content that didn’t have anything to do with tier gear. I’d rather have a new dungeon. Or even have them fix one of the existing ones. Or even spend more time making the LS actually good….

They fired their dungeon designer ,don’t expect any new dungeons soon.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Chuo.4238

Surely they have someone else doing that now?

I’m really starting to get the eerie feeling that this game is going to shrink to very small niche when the next AAA game comes out ><

Holy Grind Wars 2!

xephire.8324

Surely they have someone else doing that now?

I’m really starting to get the eerie feeling that this game is going to shrink to very small niche when the next AAA game comes out ><

This is what he posted on facebook
“Having now been able to collect the last of my possessions from Arenanet that had been left on my desk on the day I was laid off, there is nothing more left for me to do with them. It was a bit of a somber moment as I went down the elevator with my box, but life must go on, and so must I. It was great while it lasted, and I’ve learned some very valuable lessons from the entire experience.

As for getting a new job… why does it take 3+ weeks to hear back from companies about applications? I’ve only got a couple weeks left of free time before I start chewing on my own money, so I’m hoping to hear back soon."

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

How you say?

IM JUST PLAYING THE GAME

The cool thing to do now is salvage everything you get, go to different zones (you wont just get 80 loot all the time) . Even in wvw killing lower players gives me lower end loot. Or i get badges, which then i buy prints and sell on tp, then buy lower loot to salvage.

I’m playing a game – fractals. I get ~100 bloodstones, 49 empyreal fragments, 0 dragonite ores and 1-2g for 1-2 hours of work.

Highlighted the parts of your post which summarise the flaw in your argument, and is a fundamental flaw within the gaming community.

The usage of the word work, in this case, isn’t necessarily used to denote employment or something unpleasant.

Ok mr semantics, ill bite. Pointing out the fact he used play and work in the same argument was merely an attempt at showing the OPs logical fallacy, the difference between the ideas of work and play are especially related to this topic.

Play is fundamental within the sense of timelessness. Play is centered around being in the moment and enjoying it, not caring about future worries or past anxieties. Work is undesirable effort that is put into a common goal or purpose, heavily relying on the future. The difference between my understanding and that of the average MMO player is the fact that work is unavoidable in most cases of achievement or success, its all about how you view that ‘work’ in relativity to your ‘play’.

For example;

To use your analogy;

I worked on my golf swing today = I put alot of effort into my swing today, knowing my game will improve because of it, the ends justify the means to me or I simply wouldn’t bother.
I worked on my tan = I put alot of effort into my tan, knowing I will feel more confident and attractive with it, the end justifys the means to me or I simply wouldn’t bother.

This is key and this is what alot of gamers dont consider, the acceptance of this will not only free you from any forced grind or sense of duty, but also allow you to begin looking at making your ‘Work’ as much like ‘Play’ as possible.

You don’t put effort into working on a tan. You lie there…the sun puts in the effort. Hardly work in the traditional sense.

Every game with progression requires some sort of “working toward a goal”. You claim that work isn’t enjoyable, but you know, that’s only your perception. To some people working toward a goal can be very enjoyable. People work on hobbies all the time. I work on my stamp collection. It’s not really work.

And from the posters response, even he didn’t intend it that way.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Chuo.4238

How you say?

IM JUST PLAYING THE GAME

For example;

To use your analogy;

You don’t put effort into working on a tan. You lie there…the sun puts in the effort. Hardly work in the traditional sense.

Every game with progression requires some sort of “working toward a goal”. You claim that work isn’t enjoyable, but you know, that’s only your perception. To some people working toward a goal can be very enjoyable. People work on hobbies all the time. I work on my stamp collection. It’s not really work.

I truly appreciate the value you put on correct use of language. I kind of feel, however, that you’re tending to quibble over semantics at the expense of the point. I think I’d rather see more pertinent arguments supporting the actual content, rather than critiques of language, as it were.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Every game with progression requires some sort of “working toward a goal”.

As long as that goal wasn’t more stats, it would have been fine.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Chuo.4238

Every game with progression requires some sort of “working toward a goal”.

As long as that goal wasn’t more stats, it would have been fine.

Agree completely. Had all this Ascended gear just been shiny skins, with the same stats as any other gear (or arguably, an infusion slot for Agony, and otherwise the same stats), I’d be happy as a clam and playing GW2 (mostly) contentedly.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Diamandis.7483

Diamandis.7483

Yeah this entire pink tier of gear since first being introduced /sneaked into the game, as a last minute decision has spoiled the game for me overall.

I have zero plans and I mean ZERO to even bother crafting any of this ugly junk, still reeling from the fact not only is it more grind then ever but all of my exotics I worked for are 2nd best in DEVS eyes.

If I am still even playing this game within the next year which I doubt I will be I would not bet against them hinting at more legendary type items we all get to forge, why even bother with this just seems like a extra grind for us all till they feel like adding in more tiers.

It’s like when will the new content come out that makes use of this new tier anyways!? new content that was tougher to accomplish with exotics already in the game would have been more welcome then this tripe.

“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.”

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Chuo.4238

Yeah this entire pink tier of gear since first being introduced /sneaked into the game, as a last minute decision has spoiled the game for me overall.

I have zero plans and I mean ZERO to even bother crafting any of this ugly junk, still reeling from the fact not only is it more grind then ever but all of my exotics I worked for are 2nd best in DEVS eyes.

If I am still even playing this game within the next year which I doubt I will be I would not bet against them hinting at more legendary type items we all get to forge, why even bother with this just seems like a extra grind for us all till they feel like adding in more tiers.

It’s like when will the new content come out that makes use of this new tier anyways!? new content that was tougher to accomplish with exotics already in the game would have been more welcome then this tripe.

There is definitely a complete lack of imagination and creativity if your content devolves into keeping people playing by giving them gear/daily grinds.

The LS doesn’t even come close to making up for this. It would have to be, very, very, very special for that to happen. And I’m not seeing anything that great.

Edit: apparently I can’t spell ‘people’ on the first try…

(edited by Chuo.4238)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

what really? firing their dungeon designer for?

Holy Grind Wars 2!

xephire.8324

According to Robert he wanted to make a permanent dungeon that withstood time instead of temporary dungeons.I think he must have offended the higher ups for not realizing his dream and following their plan so he got the boot.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Chuo.4238

That’s something I’d love to know, but I doubt I’ll find out. Probably best to not speculate here. Do it on Reddit.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Ichishi.9613

Ichishi.9613

Well it cost me a whole year worth of casual playing in terms of mats to get to 440 in weaponsmith without TP. That’s what I did today, on my first free day after update.
If, by any chance, I had 500 already, the mats I gathered this week amount to roughly 10% of an ascended weapon.
Well even if I am againt better gear, I don’t really mind it. BUT. For what reason I should spent every bit of my free time working to get the mentioned upgrade at least by the time ascended armor is introduced on brainless grind-zerg-fest instead of actually having fun?
I went to Grenth’s temple today with a though of finally buying my engi exotic accessories (she is wearing lvl 40-50 ones). And I didn’t. Because I realised that with the new “balanced” karma gains (we get luck instead now, yeah, the whole luck thing should go and burn to hell) a single piece of karma gear would delay creation of my legendary by more than 2 months.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

stof.9341

Agree completely. Had all this Ascended gear just been shiny skins, with the same stats as any other gear (or arguably, an infusion slot for Agony, and otherwise the same stats), I’d be happy as a clam and playing GW2 (mostly) contentedly.

Shiny skins, infusion slots, utility like easy sigil/stat change. There was plenty of opportunities to make Ascended very desirable without making it better statistically than exotics.

According to Robert he wanted to make a permanent dungeon that withstood time instead of temporary dungeons.I think he must have offended the higher ups for not realizing his dream and following their plan so he got the boot.

He never said he was fired for that. We don’t know why he was fired in fact.

Although I suspect it’s because he wasn’t that good at his work in the end. Most of the content we know he designed wasn’t that great you know.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Garzin.7185

Garzin.7185

So it’s official. It’s easier to get a legendary than an ascended weapon.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

xephire.8324

Shiny skins, infusion slots, utility like easy sigil/stat change. There was plenty of opportunities to make Ascended very desirable without making it better statistically than exotics.

Although I suspect it’s because he wasn’t that good at his work in the end. Most of the content we know he designed wasn’t that great you know.

“Today marks the release of the last bit of content I built for ArenaNet. I had always hoped my last hurrah would be an epic dungeon that would stand the test of time, and provide entertainment for players to the very end… but instead it’s an instance that will only persist for two weeks, and then go away.
That’s not to sound gloomy or anything – just that things don’t always go the way you hope they do. I still had a great time, met some amazingly talented and good people, and got to work alongside friends – not just coworkers, but people I consider friends. I feel lucky to have had the opportunity, and just wish I had done more with it.” This is what he says

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Chuo.4238

Speculation on this will likely get this thread locked. I’d suggest taking it to Reddit or somewhere like that. I’ll look for you there

Holy Grind Wars 2!

stof.9341

Speculation on this will likely get this thread locked. I’d suggest taking it to Reddit or somewhere like that. I’ll look for you there

Sure, but well, Reddit already ran enough around the topic anyway, not much more to discuss really

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Chuo.4238

Sure, but well, Reddit already ran enough around the topic anyway, not much more to discuss really

Yea, I just hate giving the mods an excuse to bury a thread..

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: hellokittyonline.7532

hellokittyonline.7532

I LOVE GRINDING!

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

eh? I clicked the dulfy.net link, and it’s not as bad as I thought. If you have gold, which you should from just playing the game, it’s just a matter of combining all the various mats together.

The only thing that bothers me is the dragonite ores as it forces you to join the zergfests, which I NEVER do.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I dun get it….if its not fun for you, u can dont do it. Nobody is forcing u to go COF p1. quartz mining and all the other stuff u mentioned.. Anet is trying to reward people for doing stuff they like. But u are looking at it the wrong way, U are doing these events for the rewards, thats why u dun enjoy it. Go do something u enjoy ingame, if u dun have anything u enjoy in game, then maybe u shouldnt play this game at all.

I agree that people should not do things that aren’t fun. But ANet is not trying to reward people for doing stuff they like. As usual there are a couple of options for getting stuff, the quick way (dungeons and temples) and the SLOOWWWWW way (jumping puzzles and world bosses). (Don’t mention WvW the rewards there are a joke).

All of it would be fine in small doses, but man, you have to do a lot of temples to get the necessary dragonite. None of it is fun, so I’m not doing it.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

How you say?

IM JUST PLAYING THE GAME

I can also do arah, arguably the hardest dungeon. Average completion time for a pug would be 30-45 minutes while getting 50 bloodstones, 20 empyreal fragments, 0 dragonite ores and 2g.

Sounds okay to you compared to someone who spam 1 and gets >20x more for miniscule effort?

If you’re speaking of people who participate in world boss events, they are not getting the same thing you are. Dungeons reward the highest amount of empyreal fragments, anyone who does open world activities, but doesn’t do dungeons will take much longer to gather empyreal fragments, since jumping puzzles, and open world basic chest only give 2-4 per chest, and are limited. (I don’t know how much mini dungeon chest give, haven’t been able to get in one yet)

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Parlourbeatflex.5970

How you say?

IM JUST PLAYING THE GAME

For example;

To use your analogy;

Are you arguing for arguments sake?

My point is pretty much the same as yours. Its all a matter of perception, especially when talking about work/grind.

As I said right at the end, Id suggest people realise this and try and decide whether the work justifies the reward, if it doesnt, dont play it. simples.

If you turned round one day and started moaning about the amount of hours you put into your stamp collection, people would generally tell you to stop collecting stamps.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

You spend 1 to 2 hours playing a game. And expect to be rewarded with the bis gear immediately. That, is laughable.

Your lack of understament is. I don’t expect to be rewarded with bis gear immediately. I’m against new tier of the gear when there is no content that would support its introduction and against the method of acquisition of said tier. You’re getting bis gear for doing mindless activities while challenging content gives you basically skins since you will have to transmute those.

No new content? Hold on, fractals has new content? I got bored with that place after 20. Why? Same bosses, same mechanics, just an extra dot. Just higher hp mobs and deal more dmg. Ooooo.

Fractals had no content patch since November, that’s 10 months. They’ve been left to rot for living story crap.

Again, i play more stuff than you. I wvw, do boss events (what is this lag you speak of?), go to other areas and i never spent much time in to see whats going in, or soloing group events woth champs tjat can bring a hurting to you.

You do more variety than me but all of this is mindnumbing.

Now, explain to me, why you, who plays a tiny fraction of the game, for only a few hours, deserves better gear than anyone else?

Playing something challenging like arah dungeon should reward you proportionally to spamming 1 in open world. The reward ratio to risk and effort put is currently completely broken. High risk/no reward and no risk/high reward sounds okay to you?

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Your lack of understament is. I don’t expect to be rewarded with bis gear immediately. I’m against new tier of the gear when there is no content that would support its introduction and against the method of acquisition of said tier. You’re getting bis gear for doing mindless activities while challenging content gives you basically skins since you will have to transmute those.

Fractals had no content patch since November, that’s 10 months. They’ve been left to rot for living story crap.

You do more variety than me but all of this is mindnumbing.

Playing something challenging like arah dungeon should reward you proportionally to spamming 1 in open world. The reward ratio to risk and effort put is currently completely broken. High risk/no reward and no risk/high reward sounds okay to you?

Arah? Challenging? Sure, keep thinking that. You don’t need coordinated teams to do dungeons. They are easy enough as is.

Go ahead, try the balthazar escort event, try just spamming one to keep the escort alive.

Try Grenth temple just spamming one.

Try lyssa just spamming one, enjoy the risen ape during that event.

I agree, some need more updating, and teq is the first to happen to. I can’t wait to see how hard he is. I want the challenge. Its why I love SAB trib mode.

But if you complain about people doing the most efficient way to get something, and come here to complain because you are handicapping yourself. I feel no pity. play the WHOLE GAME.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Who was that?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I agree that people should not do things that aren’t fun. But ANet is not trying to reward people for doing stuff they like. As usual there are a couple of options for getting stuff, the quick way (dungeons and temples) and the SLOOWWWWW way (jumping puzzles and world bosses). (Don’t mention WvW the rewards there are a joke).

All of it would be fine in small doses, but man, you have to do a lot of temples to get the necessary dragonite. None of it is fun, so I’m not doing it.

I actually like Temples and Dungeons so I’ve already got the 500 ea of those 2 mats.
But I agree completely with the small doses prequalifier… Trying to do all of this stuff at once has worn me out. I’m just a few dark matter & soft wood planks short of crafting that first Ascended, but I’m already too worn out to cross that finish line.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Arah? Challenging? Sure, keep thinking that. You don’t need coordinated teams to do dungeons. They are easy enough as is.

Arah is challenging for most people, I can solo it without using a single exploit. But if you want something harder, fractals 79, easy enough for you?

Go ahead, try the balthazar escort event, try just spamming one to keep the escort alive.

Try Grenth temple just spamming one.

Try lyssa just spamming one, enjoy the risen ape during that event.

I agree, some need more updating, and teq is the first to happen to. I can’t wait to see how hard he is. I want the challenge. Its why I love SAB trib mode.

But if you complain about people doing the most efficient way to get something, and come here to complain because you are handicapping yourself. I feel no pity. play the WHOLE GAME.

Did all of this and got gold reward. I don’t even know what you are supposed to do during grenth, just kept moving out of red circles. Thank you anet for staff autoattack on guardian, allows to watch movies during those entertaining events.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Vayne.8563

How you say?

IM JUST PLAYING THE GAME

For example;

To use your analogy;

I truly appreciate the value you put on correct use of language. I kind of feel, however, that you’re tending to quibble over semantics at the expense of the point. I think I’d rather see more pertinent arguments supporting the actual content, rather than critiques of language, as it were.

Look, someone posted something…and another forum poster called out the word “work” in his post. Based on the posters comment, he didn’t mean work that way. The forum poster to whom I am responding was the first person to use semantics and I was arguing against HIS semantics, because he was using them to destroy the meaning of what the first poster said.

I didn’t start a conversation about work. I started a conversation about how someone attacked the meaning in someone else’s post and you jumped in.

If you really wanted to make this not about semantics, you’d have attacked the guy you agree with instead of trying to contradict me.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Vayne.8563

Right because no one ever lost a job and told their side of the story. It’s funny how we love to accept someone at their word that that’s all that happened. You really don’t think there was more to it than that?

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Arah is challenging for most people, I can solo it without using a single exploit. But if you want something harder, fractals 79, easy enough for you?

Which even further shows your point. Solo something and see how the game rewards you. Try challenge yourself and you literally get nothing.

Did all of this and got gold reward. I don’t even know what you are supposed to do during grenth, just kept moving out of red circles. Thank you anet for staff autoattack on guardian, allows to watch movies during those entertaining events.

Since I have also been bit forced to do these things I must concur. It makes zero difference what I do in the fight when the zerg gets big enough.

Try alt-tabbing when soloing any of the dungeon bosses (legit).

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: boxtrot.8145

boxtrot.8145

And I thought the WoW community was bad when it came to crying about actually doing something in order to receive something.

Was I ever wrong. Seriously would never have believed this much QQ could be spewed out because of “grinding”. Don’t want to make it? Then don’t make it. Want to be the best? Then do something in order to deserve to be the best. Easy logics.

Don’t want it to be crafting? Well then, come with an example what else one could be doing instead of crafting. Farming badges? Farming WvWvW? Would still be people crying about “grinding”.

The only solution to all this whining would be not to add any gear at all, but wouldn’t that have been a bore. What the whiners don’t understand is that this is implemented for the ones who like it. I truly dislike people who think that just because something is there, they HAVE to have it, even if they don’t actually want it. Its not like this game got endgame raiding with gearscore clearing. You still get to see the entire game even if you don’t have this tier of gear on all your characters.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Sorry to be the best should mean bring your skill at the best not your passion to grind or your gear.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Jaga.2084

Jaga.2084

It was fun while it lasted. One year. Now we have our grind-for-stats-til’-you-get-to-the-fun-part style of MMO. Everybody could get a full equipment of exotics in a decent amount of time. Now we got Karma Nerf and crafting grind. The daily checklist isn’t fun. I guess I follow the people of the six guilds I was in.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Chuo.4238

The only solution to all this whining would be not to add any gear at all, but wouldn’t that have been a bore.

Strongly disagree. Grinding gear is a bore. There are ways to make a better game than gear grind. It’s been done before, and by ArenaNet.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: lethlora.1320

lethlora.1320

i do not mind and sometimes enjoy grinding in games where it feels rewarding

in GW2, however, i don’t feel like there’s much of an incentive to do so. meanwhile, it is growing more designed to be that way, which causes conflict as the incentive is not present

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: BlueDragon.7054

BlueDragon.7054

Lol, more than 13 k views and more than 600 replies. I hope Anet makes more ways to get ascended weapons, crafting is the most boring thing in the game, at least for me. I wish when they release ascended armor it won´t be like weapons. It would be nice if they release some “hard” content and make the armors available through that content and not another grind.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Chuo.4238

Anyone else wondering if the extant game is the one they actually intended to make? I’m sort of getting the feeling that it isn’t…

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

Lol, more than 13 k views and more than 600 replies. I hope Anet makes more ways to get ascended weapons, crafting is the most boring thing in the game, at least for me. I wish when they release ascended armor it won´t be like weapons. It would be nice if they release some “hard” content and make the armors available through that content and not another grind.

They did, they all have a chance to drop from dungeons/champs/world bosses/ etc… Granted you rely on rng then. But if you don’t want to spend the time you can get lucky with a drop.

Plus with the massive grind I’m assuming they’re going to make ascended the be all items aside from legendary weapons. Maybe somewhere down the road letting you craft or acquire a scroll to give your ascended items the “legendary” purple color and letting you choose your stats on the fly like the current legendaries. Then it would be worth the grind for sure.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

I hope this will become another Cantha thread. Don’t let it die and maybe one day they will recognize their own mistakes. ç__ç

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Tiger.7506

Tiger.7506

300 replies favorable to ascendend.
I love ascendend.
The people that are happy are busy playing and not complaining on the forums.
Please stop flooding forum with complains!

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

The people that are happy are busy playing and not complaining about complaining on the forums.

The table is a fable.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

One year ago, people were whining here about the lack of “gear progression” beyond exotics, about the little rewards for mindless grind, and so on. We told them that people who were happy were busy playing and not complaining on the forums. What did ArenaNet do? They listened to the whiners, and thus ascended gear (and everything in the game since then).

So really, don’t expect your argument to convince anyone. We have seen how pointless whining was very effective in the past.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

“We want Guild Wars 2 to be a game like Halo or a COD: you turn it on, look at a list of games, then you get in and you play. It’s all very easy to understand, and that’s what we’ve built.”

Yeah that’s what they had built.
Now we have a grocery list:
- Dailis
- Monthlies
- Gathering
- Temporary content
*with events that require you to zerg/farm to access to the “real content”.
- Crafting (+400)
- Ascended
- BLC “quality of life” items that are starting to become necessary.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

(edited by Erick Alastor.3917)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Tiger.7506

Tiger.7506

One year ago, people were whining here about the lack of “gear progression” beyond exotics, about the little rewards for mindless grind, and so on. We told them that people who were happy were busy playing and not complaining on the forums. What did ArenaNet do? They listened to the whiners, and thus ascended gear (and everything in the game since then).

So really, don’t expect your argument to convince anyone. We have seen how pointless whining was very effective in the past.

Game Statistics was very effective in the past !
Forum was not the reason !