Holy Grind Wars 2!

Holy Grind Wars 2!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

First ascended weapon gotten. Still think the requirements are too much. Still think gear disparity is gonna be a problem in WvW.

You can nearly buy all the things for an ascended wepon if you MUST have it now (a lot of ppl are like that so its a great time for sellers of these items hehe) beyond the items you can buy it feels like the game is throwing items at you to make these weapons. There not one places in the game that dose not drop T7 mats its easier to get T7 mats then it is to get the T 2 -5 that you need to make ascend weapons and that purely due to ppl not playing lower level content. As for wvw the meta is condition dmg and well wepon dmg is not a big factor for this. At best your getting about 20 to 25 more condition dmg and well that nothing.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

no defender said something like:
it was awesome to get it, all that chain quests to do in order to get the materials, all those nice instance stories to go through and so much nice new mechanic to try in order to finish the quests…

So true.

So much facepalm from this thread.
If you think getting 180 iron ingots and his buddies is grind you’re wrong in the head.

LOLOLOLOL. Indeed, I facepalmed at your post.
I guess you should seek medical attention first.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

So much facepalm from this thread.
If you think getting 180 iron ingots and his buddies is grind you’re wrong in the head.

You make ascended with 180 iron ingots? really?

Talking about wrong in the head….rofl

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

it was awesome to get it, all that chain quests to do in order to get the materials, all those nice instance stories to go through and so much nice new mechanic to try in order to finish the quests…

So true.

Yup, they all know it sucks balls, ill have fun when they realize they need 10-20 more of those.

And then armors, and then infusions, and then runes, and then some more infusions….im already stocking up on popcorns

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: JDGumby.7685

JDGumby.7685

First ascended weapon gotten. Still think the requirements are too much. Still think gear disparity is gonna be a problem in WvW.

You can nearly buy all the things for an ascended wepon if you MUST have it now

Only if you’re far richer than the average 2-3 hour a day player, of course, who considers them lucky to make even 1gp in total a day (minus their costs for transit and repair) even at 80.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Only if you’re far richer than the average 2-3 hour a day player, of course, who considers them lucky to make even 1gp in total a day (minus their costs for transit and repair) even at 80.

Doing a single invasion would net you far more than 1 gold in a day.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Wasting almost an hour of your 2-3 hours a day to a stupid invasion is something not many of us are willing to do.

One – Piken Square

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Saraneth.6021

Saraneth.6021

Yeah. This is really making me not want to play. I was so excited for GW2 and have been actively playing since release. Changes like this, however, just make me want to stop.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I crafted my first ascended on sunday. Now I feel like I’ve completed the game and have no desire to really play it anymore.

Well done, ANet?

One – Piken Square

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Vayne.8563

Wasting almost an hour of your 2-3 hours a day to a stupid invasion is something not many of us are willing to do.

Wasting 40 minutes to make 5 gold, so you can do anything you want during the other two hours (aside from the fact that some of us actually enjoy invasions).

For that matter, if you do a dungeon run, you’ll be guaranteed more than a gold. Saying people in 2-3 hours can’t make more than a gold a night is simply not right.

Hell you could farm champs in Queensdale and make more than that.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Wasting 40 minutes to make 5 gold, so you can do anything you want during the other two hours (aside from the fact that some of us actually enjoy invasions).

For that matter, if you do a dungeon run, you’ll be guaranteed more than a gold. Saying people in 2-3 hours can’t make more than a gold a night is simply not right.

Hell you could farm champs in Queensdale and make more than that.

Two dollars also gets you 5g. So that’s always an option if you hate farming more than you hate working.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Jski.6180

What if you do a champ tran for 30 mins that at lest one brick one world boss event is 30 to 10 ore that is more on the lines of 20 mins or less as for the crystals its about 20 per dungeon run if you must get them super fast that 10 to 5 mins per run of cof p1. It will take you time this way but you will get it. The main thing that holds ppl back is getting to 500 in the craft AND the T2-5 mats.

Two dollars also gets you 5g. So that’s always an option if you hate farming more than you hate working.

2 things.
If it comes down to that point of view for you then you stoped playing video games a long time ago. I think its time for you stop playing them.
Also if you truly hate farming more then you hate work its time to stop playing mmorpg or ANY type of rpg.

(edited by Jski.6180)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

What if you do a champ tran for 30 mins that at lest one brick one

Bloodstone brick and powder won’t help you get the gold for the more mundane mats required for an Ascended weapon. It still costs like 200g to level a craft from 400 to 500.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

“6 days for a top tier weapon. Thats all it took me, a humble non hardcore player to get an ascended weapon”

I’m sorry but getting 500 dragonite and 500 empyreal in 6 days is most people’s idea of hardcore.

Sure if you stand around in LA talking all day that would appear like grinding or “hardcore” play. But for those of us who actually play the content thats provided 6 days for 500 of the mats is childs play. Hell I have so much dragonite and dust that I am now destroying it such is the over-abundance of the material. Empy shards were little harder to come by, but simply doing fractals dailies on two alts, few dungeon runs during the week, plus some world chests and I easily had enough shards.

The fact you look at 500 of a material and think its a grind is a perception issue on your end. The fact of the matter is that these three mats are in abundant supply and there is no need to “grind” for any of it. Simply play the content that generates it, that is all thats required. Its not like in some MMO’s where you need 50 of a material, that has a 5% (or less) drop rate that ya know you actually have to GRIND to get. The mats are guaranteed to drop, every single time.

If anything can be said about ascended crafting its that the cost of normal materials that are an issue (metal/wood). And this is because people are just too bloody lazy to go collect it, and instead whine about the “grind”. No effort = no reward.

And no Im not “hardcore”, I simply spend my time in fruitful efforts. Not standing around chatting in LA or bemoaning Anet on the forums.

TL;DR; Its not a grind, unless you are terminaly lazy.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Vayne.8563

Well, I got my first ascended weapon today. The part of found the most grindy was leveling my crafting to 500. Beyond that, I didn’t think the grind was particularly bad. In fact, it’s a lot less grindy than I first thought it was.

But leveling three crafts to 500 is unnecessarily punishing to more casual players. Particularly because you’ll need a lot of the same mats for each craft. It’s a lot of farming (and I hate farming).

I don’t know when I’ll get around to leveling my artificer and my huntsman to 500, because I have to recover financially from leveling my weaponsmith up.

It wasn’t cheap.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

If I wanted a grind, I’d go and play Final Fantasy 14 Online.

I came to Guild Wars 2 for a reason, and I hope ANet doesn’t disappoint me, because I won’t hesitate to drop this game. I play this game for fun, and not for an illusory sense of achievement.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Well, I got my first ascended weapon today. The part of found the most grindy was leveling my crafting to 500. Beyond that, I didn’t think the grind was particularly bad. In fact, it’s a lot less grindy than I first thought it was.

But leveling three crafts to 500 is unnecessarily punishing to more casual players. Particularly because you’ll need a lot of the same mats for each craft. It’s a lot of farming (and I hate farming).

I don’t know when I’ll get around to leveling my artificer and my huntsman to 500, because I have to recover financially from leveling my weaponsmith up.

It wasn’t cheap.

Indeed. That’s for me the core of the complaint. Draining that much resources from my savings just to level ONE craft to 500 is hardly bridging the gap between exotics and legendaries, it’s making it bigger.

The ascended weapon crafting part once we are 500 is still too expensive in common mats but just that. One reason I wasn’t too bothered by the rings once they were put in is because I could get them while doing other stuff. I could get them while working towards a legendary because all it took was doing Fractal runs which did loot. Same for necklace. The earrings on the other hand it started going downhill fast. Weapons are the worse :/

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Jski.6180

Bloodstone brick and powder won’t help you get the gold for the more mundane mats required for an Ascended weapon. It still costs like 200g to level a craft from 400 to 500.

And see you can farm all of that too and by running these champ trans you ARE getting these items that and dungeon and world events too give you gold and items that are buy able. Its realty all about how fast you get it and ppl unwillingness to wait to get the new items. In a way its a good thing to have a high cost for ppl who are not willing to wait so the ppl who are can make high profits off the players who are unable to delay gratification.

Same thing happen in ff11 where making gil was not that bad because there was a pop of ppl who where lazy about getting items. So there was a means of making ok gil off of pure farming for base mats. You can see the same thing in all mmorpgs this is just part of what happening in GW2 with in the first weeks of new items being added it happens every time and every time ppl hid there true feeling of not willing to wait for something by calling it a grind its so easy to pick out that i have a feeling the ppl saying it do not realize what they want them self.

The big adages GW2 has over mmorpgs is that nodes are per person there no fighting over them and at the same time loot is also per person so there no fighting over claming. In a way GW2 is made to be some of the most rewarding farming in any mmorpgs i have seen to date. If you truly feel this is a type of grind then you my friend need not to play mmorpgs or any type of rpg because even the single players games are far worst this GW2 by a long way.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Stop Crying Your Heart Out ( Oasis )

cos all of the stars
are fading away
just try not to worry
you’ll see them some day

Yeah let’s just this game fade away, then when all farmers and elitists will be gone, maybe we will have our real gw2 back again.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Smith.1826

Smith.1826

It wasn’t cheap.

Indeed. That’s for me the core of the complaint. Draining that much resources from my savings just to level ONE craft to 500 is hardly bridging the gap between exotics and legendaries, it’s making it bigger.

The ascended weapon crafting part once we are 500 is still too expensive in common mats but just that. One reason I wasn’t too bothered by the rings once they were put in is because I could get them while doing other stuff. I could get them while working towards a legendary because all it took was doing Fractal runs which did loot. Same for necklace. The earrings on the other hand it started going downhill fast. Weapons are the worse :/

My weaponsmithing is currently at 57, I got little to no mats and about 4 gold in my name. Ascended weapons are pretty much out of the question for me.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

2 things.
If it comes down to that point of view for you then you stoped playing video games a long time ago. I think its time for you stop playing them.
Also if you truly hate farming more then you hate work its time to stop playing mmorpg or ANY type of rpg.

I don’t know why my point of view attracts such a vehement response. If you hate doing something, at least GW2 offers you an option not to do it. Suppose I have a limited amount of free time and I love WvW, but I want to get soft wood logs. Guild Wars is better than most games because I can 1. Go chop them down trees int he appropriate zones 2. Farm champs or whatever to get gold to buy logs or 3. Skip coffee, but gems → gold, and buy the logs.

Compare this to other games with a subscription. For the subscription I get access to the servers. In Gw2 for the same cost I can get 30-35g, which I can use to buy whatever I need in game.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Meili Ying.3820

Meili Ying.3820

I think this thread should be renamed to "Feedback on Ascended Weapons " or something.

Fix the Search Function

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

I think this thread should be renamed to "Feedback on Ascended Weapons " or something.

Whenever anyone tries that, the thread gets locked :/

So the other tack is, I guess, talking about the grind for gear.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Jski.6180

Stop Crying Your Heart Out ( Oasis )

cos all of the stars
are fading away
just try not to worry
you’ll see them some day

Yeah let’s just this game fade away, then when all farmers and elitists will be gone, maybe we will have our real gw2 back again.

I think i miss understand your post what are you saying?

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

I have 4 ascended weapons as of now.

We are barely going on 2 weeks of play. If you call that a grind and horrible well you haven’t played many mmo’s. And dont even bring up “well in gw1 you didn’t have to grind” Actually you did just wasn’t for gear it was for something that also increases stats.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

We are barely going on 2 weeks of play. If you call that a grind and horrible well you haven’t played many mmo’s. And dont even bring up “well in gw1 you didn’t have to grind” Actually you did just wasn’t for gear it was for something that also increases stats.

yeah it is quite easy if you have a ton of gold and play 10 hours a day. Dust is easy to get. Draconite a little harder, but after downloading the overlay it has help greatly speed that up. The emp frags are the hardest part since I do not do dungeons.
But you calling it a no grind just because you play constantly and have a ton of gold does not mean that it is not a grind.
I do not mind some grind and I like to farm to some extent, but the amount of materials needed to make these are quite absurd.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Smith.1826

We are barely going on 2 weeks of play. If you call that a grind and horrible well you haven’t played many mmo’s.

Well you can’t call it anything, really. “I have four weapons over 2 weeks” isn’t a whole lot to go on, doesn’t provide much context. What I do know is that you’re far better off than I am, though

dont even bring up “well in gw1 you didn’t have to grind” Actually you did just wasn’t for gear it was for something that also increases stats.

I’m sure that many would argue how different of a beast GW1 became after it’s expansions.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Lonesamurai.4852

Lonesamurai.4852

The big adages GW2 has over mmorpgs is that nodes are per person there no fighting over them and at the same time loot is also per person so there no fighting over claming. In a way GW2 is made to be some of the most rewarding farming in any mmorpgs i have seen to date. If you truly feel this is a type of grind then you my friend need not to play mmorpgs or any type of rpg because even the single players games are far worst this GW2 by a long way.

This is actually a very good point and one I will concede compared to other MMO’s, BUT on the flipside, doesn’t that mean Guild Wars 2 become Farm Wars 2 instead?

Owner and GW2 DJ, Sanitarium.FM
Guild Leader – Wolf Pack Samurai
Owner and admin, The Guild-Hall2.net

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Katie Feathermoore.5031

Katie Feathermoore.5031

And dont even bring up “well in gw1 you didn’t have to grind” Actually you did just wasn’t for gear it was for something that also increases stats.

We had to grind in GW1? Pray tell, how?

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Namu.5712

yeah it is quite easy if you have a ton of gold and play 10 hours a day. Dust is easy to get. Draconite a little harder, but after downloading the overlay it has help greatly speed that up. The emp frags are the hardest part since I do not do dungeons.
But you calling it a no grind just because you play constantly and have a ton of gold does not mean that it is not a grind.
I do not mind some grind and I like to farm to some extent, but the amount of materials needed to make these are quite absurd.

not really.

the only thing im short on is wood actually. The rest I got from just playing lol….

The only thing that cost money was getting to 500… and even then I dont consider 150 gold to be alot in gw2 now…. at launch sure that meant you were rich… but now…. you can make that amount in a few days.

But back to my original statement its not a horrible grind. Worse than exotics, way less that legendary.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

And dont even bring up “well in gw1 you didn’t have to grind” Actually you did just wasn’t for gear it was for something that also increases stats.

I think he’s referring to pve skills. Which, admittedly most people did grind the Nightfall (seed of life, there’s nothing to fear, rduced dmg in torment) and EotN titles (pain inverter, battle standard, i am unstoppable, ursan) to increase their effectiveness, the same for some faction based skills (save yourselves for example).

Beyond that, we did have the single quest in factions which everyone pretty much hated – accumulate 10k faction for your selected faction…. required before we could progress to hatchery or grove. Wooo I can still hear the griping about that one.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Namu.5712

Read up on my other comments.

Unless you dont consider title grinds for skill stat boosts a power curve or a grind….. because its both.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Namu.5712

I think he’s referring to pve skills. Which, admittedly most people did grind the Nightfall (seed of life, there’s nothing to fear, rduced dmg in torment) and EotN titles (pain inverter, battle standard, i am unstoppable, ursan) to increase their effectiveness, the same for some faction based skills (save yourselves for example).

Beyond that, we did have the single quest in factions which everyone pretty much hated – accumulate 10k faction for your selected faction…. required before we could progress to hatchery or grove. Wooo I can still hear the griping about that one.

^^

Yup to say GW1 had no power climb or grind at all is a flat out lie. Not sure why people think there wasn’t.

Maybe just because it wasnt in the form of gear… which is pretty ignorant if thats the case.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Jski.6180

This is actually a very good point and one I will concede compared to other MMO’s, BUT on the flipside, doesn’t that mean Guild Wars 2 become Farm Wars 2 instead?

So the thing that tends to set mmorpgs apart from other game is that you need to farm for items to get other items etc.. In a way even running events with your friends can be called farming in a way. So its more on the lines what do you think farming is? I come from the old idea that farming is mostly done solo play where you must compete with other ppl to get loot. In GW2 your never truly solo and often your not competing with other ppl your working with them.

You can ever sit there and say raiding in other games is a type of farming too (more of an add on ideal).
Why do you play an mmorpg? Most to have fun and to play with other ppl you know in real life or from that game. What do you do? Most of the time to work for something story items skins level etc.. All of that can be a type of farming.

You could even say other mmorpgs could be say World of Farm craft, Star farming, Finale farming 11, Ever farming online, etc.. i would love to think of more names like this i am just too unimaginative.

(edited by Jski.6180)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Lonesamurai.4852

^^

Yup to say GW1 had no power climb or grind at all is a flat out lie. Not sure why people think there wasn’t.

Maybe just because it wasnt in the form of gear… which is pretty ignorant if thats the case.

You’re right, it WAS grind… IF you didn’t play it smart

Like I’ve said three times now, ESPECIALLY with Nightfall, if you did the bounties while clearing the map and exploring for the map clearance, you cleared loads of birds at once, not to mention over numerous characters, even the 10k Sunspear faction was quick to get

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

^^

See, I don’t mind the title grind. It is wholly optional. I could play the game fine without pain inverter, or save yourselves. I couldn’t put them on heroes or mercs anyway, so it wasn’t a big deal to me.

The gathering of 10k faction wasn’t an issue for me either, since I enjoyed AB (enjoyed annoying the heck out of people).

However, I didn’t have to grind gear to do any of that. I got my max stat stuff in KC and I was good to go. Any special skin I wanted, I could work towards at my own pace. There was no pressure to get it.

While it’s true that ascended gear is not necessary (generally speaking), there is the internal expectation that you need to have. It’s simply how we’ve been trained. So the gripe becomes that they are instituting a gear grind, a gear treadmill, that GW1 did not have. Neither side is wrong, its just perceived differently by the different groups.

Like I’ve said three times now, ESPECIALLY with Nightfall, if you did the bounties while clearing the map and exploring for the map clearance, you cleared loads of birds at once, not to mention over numerous characters, even the 10k Sunspear faction was quick to get

Even this way, with multiple chars, people still preferred the lb/ss farm run because it was faster and more lucrative. Yes, it did not have to be a grind, but many perceived it as such. The same issue is happening here with ascended. It does not have to be a grind, but most perceive it as being so. And again, wholly optional. Unless you are doing high level fractals (and even then) exotics are still more then enough for all other content.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Katie Feathermoore.5031

Katie Feathermoore.5031

The grinding for PVE titles and skills only made PvE easier then it already was. If there wasn’t WvW I wouldn’t be as bothered to be behind a gear tier. But when expensive gearing affects my ability to play form of PvP then it’s annoying.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Jski.6180

The grinding for PVE titles and skills only made PvE easier then it already was. If there wasn’t WvW I wouldn’t be as bothered to be behind a gear tier. But when expensive gearing affects my ability to play form of PvP then it’s annoying.

Well it dose not effect Spvp the true pvp in GW2 wvw is realm vs realm so number alone will effect how things work out. That an the meta in WvW is conduction dmg and for the most part conduction dmg is unaffected by wepon dmg and the +20 condition dmg you will get from the wepon max is nothing.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Still boycotting Ascended. Problem solved. Might become problematic when they add ascended armor with nice looks…

Polka will never die

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Namu.5712

But this goes back to Anet specifically stating that WvW is basically open world anything goes.

Be it your out geared, out leveled, or out numbered no rules. you want balanced pvp thats exactly what they made spvp for.

And so the pve part…. you mean exactly like GW2 lol. PvE is already easy ascended isn’t required one bit it just makes it easier.

And can you not get everything required for ascended strickly playing WvW? I believe you can…. the only thing you have to do is craft to 500 for the weapon… I bet you were already crafted to 400 didn’t complain about that did you? Probably not.

(edited by Namu.5712)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

I don’t see how crafting ascended weapons constitutes a grind. I had my first ascended weapon crafted after something like 8 hours of play. That’s not a grind.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

The grinders need to go play Final Fantasy 14 online. Seriously. People who are ok with vertical progression and gear grinding are ruining this game.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Lonesamurai.4852

Even this way, with multiple chars, people still preferred the lb/ss farm run because it was faster and more lucrative. Yes, it did not have to be a grind, but many perceived it as such. The same issue is happening here with ascended. It does not have to be a grind, but most perceive it as being so. And again, wholly optional. Unless you are doing high level fractals (and even then) exotics are still more then enough for all other content.

100% with you there, perception is a major factor

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Erick Alastor.3917

I think I was a good supporter, with my money I’ve bought all campaigns + gwen, a name changer, some extreme makeover, the bonus mission pack (as you can see from some of the skins in this screenshot), mercenary heroes… and not a single time I felt that I needed what I bought to enjoy the content (SAB ICC), nor that what I got for paying was the best skin of the game.
I spent what I spent because I was having FUN playing and wanted to say thanks.
The coolest armors/weapons were avaiable playing, and they were not stronger than the cheapest ones.
Inb4: PVE skills grind was not necessary if you were smart (I’ve already discussed this)
PvP was not affected by your (uselessly) grinded skills.

Now please take a look at my REALLY casual gaming expirience, then think about Gw2 and tell me why is this supposed to end like this?
Inb4: Now they have to pay a lot more devs <- there were so many in the beginning?
Is worth the cost to increase their number if this imply selling the soul of their philosophy because of the greedy Ne—n?

Attachments:

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

(edited by Erick Alastor.3917)

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Tiger.7506

Tiger.7506

The grinders need to go play Final Fantasy 14 online. Seriously. People who are ok with vertical progression and gear grinding are ruining this game.

Casual elitist are ruining this game.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Erick Alastor.3917

Casual elitists? :|
Usually casuals ask for equality, they may or may not be a minority but they generally don’t want to feel superior at all, characteristic that I see fit much better to the grinders.

- Mike Obrien

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: Tiger.7506

Tiger.7506

Usually casuals ask for equality, they may or may not be a minority but they generally don’t want to feel superior at all, characteristic that I see fit much better to the grinders.

causal eletists want a game L to W ( Log in To Win ).

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

causal eletists want a game L to W ( Log in To Win ).

Posters like you need to learn to read.

Quoted again. If you can’t read this, then go back to school and improve your reading comprehension skills.
There’s nothing awesome about grinding for gear.

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Vayne.8563

Read up on my other comments.

Unless you dont consider title grinds for skill stat boosts a power curve or a grind….. because its both.

If if not for just power, how about profit. The luck title gave you better chance to salvage stuff, and better chance to not break lockpicks. If that wasn’t a grind, what was?

Holy Grind Wars 2!

Smith.1826

100% with you there, perception is a major factor

Likewise. I’m sure the journey for an Ascended weapon would probably a lot more appealing for someone newer to – or in love with! – the game. As for myself, I’ve already mentioned the position I’m in in a previous post: 57 weaponsmithing with zilch in the bank. I’m primarily a PvE player, I’ve already played through the dungeons, and I don’t see any appeal in repeating content. As such, that “journey” is going to be a heavily tiring task.