How You Would Ruin Things

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I’d put out a ton of content at launch and never add more.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I don’t know about ruining the game, but it would be funny. When you get a temporary ban on the forums you get a locked title “Forum Troll” for the duration of the ban. Alternatively, Vayne could get the “White Knight” achievement title. j/k Vayne, but i had to do it :P

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Arcangel the Reaper.9418

Arcangel the Reaper.9418

I would introduce Cantha. But to prevent any issues I would make sure that every cut scene is both narrated and subtitled in New Krytan. Each player, upon unlocking the expansion, would also receive a “Hello Skritty” backpack and armor set that cannot be deleted off your character. When not wearing the set in combination, every time loot drops you hear and see in your text box “WHOO! SHINEY!” every 5 seconds until you pick the loot up. Also, Shing Jea Island is now called “Hello Skritty Island Adventure” where you learn how to collect loot, throw objects, and interact with other players.

Might I also just add, that I hope ANET reads a couple of these things and at least makes them April’s Fool joke releases next year.

Posted by: Flitzie.6082

Flitzie.6082

I have always enjoyed lolis so I would introduce Elin to the games.

I had a good chuckle over this one.
Make a short human female and let her mate with a male Dobby (Asura). Add some cat ears, done.

You touched the shiny, didn’t you?

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Scarlet. i would push her character even harder from now on. I would have her return from the Mist after having killed Rytlock and stolen his sword and the crown. She now would control all the ghost and be the “rightful heir of Ascalon”. I would then make the Charr into absolute bumbling idiots. They would all just agree that she’s the boss now and start invading zones with new (aka re-skinned) enemies and events.

Next I would push the lesbian, gay, transgender angle to the point of absurdity. Forget just offending Christians, conservatives, and people who in general don’t like that kind of stuff in games. I would go all out and make the most annoying, hyperactive, flamboyant, and self righteous homosexual character ever seen. The character would have no sense of humor and constantly be passive aggressive toward the player. To top it off they would be ultra religious and worship Kormier (yes they would spell it wrong in game). This would fuel every personal story, living world, feature pack, and gem store release. Your character would be forced to choose between loving Kormier or being scared to death of her and constantly cowering away from her… ahem… awesomeness.

Then I would completely reset everyone’s world completion and introduce the new dynamic world exploration panel. For a small fee your character would be able to unlock each individual waypoint for only 150 gems each. Of course this would be character bound and the old way of unlocking a waypoint would be gone.

Finally I pull a Game of Thrones and kill off people’s favorite characters and always hint that dragons are on their way but never actually give them any.

… plus add queue times to login, reduce servers to 9 total, add a subfee with no real benefit, change all armor to costumes, and split each zone into even more square/rectangle sections with more arbitrary mountains cutting them in pieces.

That should do the trick but just in case I would then make every white knight still around a moderator on the forums so they could ban anyone who dared to have a differing opinion than my perfectly designed direction for the game.

(edited by Prophet.6257)

Posted by: Seth.1308

Seth.1308

I would revert the Flame Elemental world boss to Beta, and then use this as the model for all other champion and world boss encounters. Remember in beta how we used to scream “SPREAD OUT!!! DONT STAND ON THE KITTENING BRIDGE!” as it vaporized whole raid groups in a single AOE? How there were minions of that world boss, and even those guys could AOE-OHKO? Screw this “confusing to new players” nonsense and bring back “if it looks like it can eat you, it probably can”.

I would make dodge a standard capability on all AI’s, and improve the AI such that they use it properly. I’d increase the effect of vigor, and add Endurance Steal abilities to Mesmer and Thief.

Gold/Karma/EXP for basic mob kills in Borderlands shall be increased by a factor of 5×. Skill locks, Trait locks, Level gates do not apply in any WvW zone. World Bosses shall now appear in Borderland zones at randomized intervals. Leveling in WvW shall be the fastest method of reaching max level.

A new set of siege gear will be introduced, requiring 10 supply to build. Siege equipment shall now be enabled in PvE zones.

Other AI changes:
* Mobs being hit by an AOE will predict the AOE and scatter dodge.
* Mobs that are allied together will now call targets and attempt spikes.
* If a sufficient number of allied mobs are killed, a new event called a “gank group” will be formed. These are significantly higher level mobs with improved AI over the standard group, which will hunt down and kill any players with a significant kill count vs. the allied faction. This replaces the diminishing returns loot system.
* If a faction of allied mobs are left unchecked, they will increase in power and attempt to conquer surrounding areas.
* Downed State / Finishers shall be enabled for any mob of Veteran level or higher.

Posted by: Alkonium.9164

Alkonium.9164

I’d find some way to make it so that when your character is defeated, you get a mild electric shock. Also, players can make this happen to other players whenever they want. For the sake of immersion, I’d force the game into 1st person mode and remove the UI, apart from the frame buffer effects.

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

This thread is genius! ^__^

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’m going to propose a new gem store item. The Vindictive Player Bonus package.

The item upgrades your account to one that can punish the other players who annoy you. You can ding their accounts by
1) silencing them for specified periods of time
2) making them a true unlucky account. Remove all magic find they have and then put it into negative numbers

Say something in map chat that I’m not in the mood for that day. SILENCED! 3 days.
Kill me in WvW. Oops. Bad move. You weren’t getting good drops in WvW anyway you say? How about zero drops? Will a week do? I can make it longer if you like.
Ping your Legendary/precursor in map chat. Silenced and bad drops.
Kick me from your pug group? Tsk tsk. Let me see what I can do for you in return.

The Vindictive Player will have a smoking green aura around him and chat is a deep green color. This gives fair warning, unless he isn’t speaking or in sight and he dings you anyway. (Oh well, you probably deserved it).

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

You guys are cracking me up.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Re-post the original Manifesto trailer on official Youtube channel.

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Open Cantha but make it an underwater map. That’ll show those fanboys

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I would make quaggans the only playable race and make all combat under water combat.

Quaggan loves you <3

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

The item upgrades your account to one that can punish the other players who annoy you. You can ding their accounts by
2) making them a true unlucky account. Remove all magic find they have and then put it into negative numbers

Say something in map chat that I’m not in the mood for that day. SILENCED! 3 days.
Kill me in WvW. Oops. Bad move. You weren’t getting good drops in WvW anyway you say? How about zero drops? Will a week do? I can make it longer if you like.
Kick me from your pug group? Tsk tsk. Let me see what I can do for you in return.

The Vindictive Player will have a smoking green aura around him and chat is a deep green color. This gives fair warning, unless he isn’t speaking or in sight and he dings you anyway. (Oh well, you probably deserved it).

I actually used to play a game where you could buy “scrolls of silence” for large sums of in game currency to silence people from the chat for 1/6/24/72 hours.

Was not actually abused all that much, surprisingly

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

Make the season 2 reveal that Scarlet was always just Trahearne dressed as a lady. Season 3 becomes about helping Trahearne through his psychological treatment and learning to be who he/she really is.

Either that or slow all dungeon cutscene dialogue by 33%. Remove skip to end button.

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

Level gate the keyboard & mouse to 80, the game is now a staring competition.

Server: Gate of Madness

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Give ambient creatures a small chance of dropping a legendary precursor.

Ambient creatures also turn into Legendary-level monsters.

SNOW BUNNY QUEEN WILL KILL YOU ALL

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

This made me chuckle. I wouldn’t mind that happening.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Rauderi.8706

But.. but then you could add Largos.
On speed-boosting underwater mounts.
And the new [heavy armor class] class.
And sell all of it through the gem store.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: sirian.4981

sirian.4981

I actually used to play a game where you could buy “scrolls of silence” for large sums of in game currency to silence people from the chat for 1/6/24/72 hours.

Was not actually abused all that much, surprisingly

If its moderately expensive people won’t use it much. The only real risk is that you kitten off some rich trading post mongel who has 50k gold to throw at you. Or a group of people who will pool resources to silence you.

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Release Living Story for a month, go on break, and rehash old contents. Also ignore pleas and help and bug reports from WvW, Dungeon/Fractal and PvP users. Also levelgate everything and release only Living Story. Oh wait

Tour

Rauderi.8706

The best new gold sink:

Auto-attacks cost 1 copper.

Many alts; handle it!

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

- Asurans can use Norns as mounts
- Jenna now wears platform shoes and hosts the Queens Disco Jubilee
- Pay 10 gold and the cows dance for you
- New finisher “Flash of White” Colin’s smile blinds you to death
- Once you hit 80 you have to redo the personal story in reverse and can bring Tybalt Leftpaw back to life!

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

-Speed up all movement by 10%
-Allow mating so we can create our own mini’s

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Give ambient creatures a small chance of dropping a legendary precursor.

Ambient creatures also turn into Legendary-level monsters.

SNOW BUNNY QUEEN WILL KILL YOU ALL

that would actually crack me up and i find its cool that a random event can spawn like that upon killing a poor critter :P

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

- Jenna now wears platform shoes and hosts the Queens Disco Jubilee
- Pay 10 gold and the cows dance for you
- New finisher “Flash of White” Colin’s smile blinds you to death
- Once you hit 80 you have to redo the personal story in reverse and can bring Tybalt Leftpaw back to life!

Good Ideas, I laughed really hard.

But I think the first Idea should be in the other directions.

- Allow Norn to use Asura as Mounts

Posted by: Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Sweetblue Huntress.9856

• Various ranger pets now do the “butt scoot” animation when returning after being killed.

You’ve listed quite a few ideas that I genuinely like but this one has got to be my favorite!

Let’s add this animation to dog and cat minis too!

Leta Lorelei – Luwythea – Too many more to name
Jade Quarry

Posted by: felessan.9587

felessan.9587

• All future content changes conceived of and voted on in-game. Full democracy!
  • More skin and less covering for male characters of all armor classes
  • Impose an EXP penalty when you die. And then make you run back for your corpse.
  • Allow player corpse looting.
  • Allow player corpse destroying.
  • Make you walk like a zombie to the nearest waypoint before you can rally.
  • Require that food be eaten every 1-2 hours (or every 6 in-game hours) or you start to lose health every second.
  • Use Asurans as projectile weapons. (can we please use Asurans as projectile weapons?)

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

December feature pack:

Trahearne has learned how to clone himself and has now taken over the world! Every NPC in game has been replaced by Trahearne. All Trahearnes now sell a Mini Trahearne pet for 1 copper. It is now required to have a Mini Trahearne equipped to use waypoints or enter a dungeon, by decree of Emperor Trahearne.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Replace all human females with glorious sexy norn woman.

Oh wait, you said ruin, my bad.

Hey, come on. Respect the hourglass!

How would I ruin the game?

I would make an official wedding event: My character and Countess Anise. The rest of you scrubs can’t have her!

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Only if Norn can use Flaming Asuras as Siege.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Alkonium.9164

December feature pack:

Trahearne has learned how to clone himself and has now taken over the world! Every NPC in game has been replaced by Trahearne. All Trahearnes now sell a Mini Trahearne pet for 1 copper. It is now required to have a Mini Trahearne equipped to use waypoints or enter a dungeon, by decree of Emperor Trahearne.

Better: all currency is now also Trahearne. You buy mini Trahearnes for Trahearnes.

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

Since with every change ANet makes droves of people come on to the servers to complain about how that change has ruined the game, I just take every suggestion anyone makes on the servers to be an entry under “How they would ruin the game”.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Permadeath.

Enough said.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Take the blizzard approach. Everyone gets a legendary at every boss fight!

Then turn every boss fight into a Jumping Puzzle.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Permadeath.

Enough said.

Congratulations. You win at ruining the game.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Anime Charr hair is now free in the gem store.

If only….lol

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

Good thing your not an egg!

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

To open any chest you have to successfully play “Let it Go” on a flute. For ascended chests you have to play Stairway to Heaven on the lute, solo included. Failing either song destroys the chest you were opening.

Replace greatsword skins with pool noodle skins. Replace sword skins with bundles of drinking straws. Replace scepters with barbies, focuses with ken dolls.

Killing an enemy player in WvW now rallies all nearby allies from dead (not just downed… from dead. Resurrected!). Range of the rally is inversely proportional to the level of the killed enemy, so a lvl 80 will only revive melee range but a lvl 20 bearbow ranger will rez all of stonemist castle. Lvl 2 enemy will rez the whole map and port them into stonemist or your garrison, or to the nearest commander tag.

Upgraded the datacenter by pouring Maker’s Mark on the servers. Players should experience less lag as the servers guarantee us that they run better while drunk.

Zojja now rides a mechanical dragon the size of a 747 that constantly blasts a loop ACDC’s Thunderstruck and arcs lighting and fire everywhere. She’s been seen trashing around Queensdale with it.

Half way though tequatl Zojja shows up on said dragon and duels Tequatl. If she gets the killing blow she takes all the loot.

Little red Lioka

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Good thing your not an egg!

An Ominous Egg ?

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

1 ) All permanent weapons and associated skills are removed from game. Characters must now find and use environmental weapons for every combat. Weapon breaking percentage remains intact.

(Not only does this greatly minimize the future work needed for weapon skill balancing, but it also provides a permanent way to eliminate the “bad luck” many players have with trying obtaining precursors and legendaries by removing such items entirely.)

2 ) Player revival at a waypoint now incurs a 15% death tax on all items possessed on the account. Gold, gems, stacks of crafting materials, and any stackable items contained in bank slots or carried by characters across the account are reduced automatically upon revival at the waypoint.

3 ) The “Deposit Collectible” feature is removed, and it is replaced by a new feature called Autofill which separates one or more currently stacked items in the characters inventory to fill all available slots. By default, the Autofill feature is enabled to activate when any new stackable is picked up. Players can pay 800 gems to change this default setting.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I would disable any form of trading that doesn’t go though the trading post as it’s not taxed.

Sending items with mail is no longer possible.

The only way to get some gold to a friend is by paying some gems to send them gold through a button in the currency exchange panel.

Right clicking someone in your contact list show a “Trade” option under “Send Mail”, which pops a panel similar to Steam’s trade panel, that shows the stuff they have in their inventory (except invisible bags) with filters, the things you have with similar filters, and then the offers each player makes.

Both parties put items and gold, and the system checks the trading post for sell and buy offers better that the ones offered by both players. If there’s any, they’ll trade with the trading post instead for those items. Regardless of who they actually buy from, they’ll pay the relevant taxes.

Then I’ll come to the forums to hear the wails of all them scammers and tax-avoiding powertraders, with a wine glass filled with apple and grape juice in one hand, because I don’t like wine (tastes like wood and cork).

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Alkonium.9164

Another idea: I’d put Britta Perry in charge of ArenaNet, and let her ruin it without trying.

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

1 ) All permanent weapons and associated skills are removed from game. Characters must now find and use environmental weapons for every combat. Weapon breaking percentage remains intact.

I actually kind of like the idea of an Environment-Weapon-Only build. Actually sounds oddly fun.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

• If you die in PvE, you lose a percentage of your gold and random item in your inventory
  • If you die anywhere, you lose XP, can actually level DOWN
  • If you die 3x within the span of 3min, you are unable to revive for the next 10min. Logoff will not cut off your 10min death debuff
  • If your item is broken, it can not be repaired nor sold nor salvage. Can only be destroyed.
  • Every loading screen shows random dev face (i.e. dat Colin smile)
Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

OP you deserve a medal for this thread.

“if I were in charge with absolute power”:

- “PvE” would cease to exist: the entire map would be an immense WvW
- cities would be “safe” only as long as you own them and defend them from capture
- randomly, World Bosses would attack cities (without any distinction about who own them)
- in such attacks, your items could ended up damaged, and quests to repair them would be the only solution (i.e: stay alive and l2p)
- you can join only one guild, if you are kicked or leave you will have to wait one month before being able to join another. If you gets kicked by three guilds in a row, you are marked as renegade, get a permanent debuff and will be attacked by city guards on sight. You can however redeem yourself with some “good deed” quests.
- there would be infinite room for specialization both as players and as guilds: you wanna become the most awesome sword crafter in the world? craft your way up like there is no tomorrow and unlock UNIQUE abilities (unique like: only you in the world have that, who wants to buy your trash needs to bend to your prices…)
- complete abolition of any kind of tutorial: get out of the carebears world and go learn by dying to those stronger than you and learn from those kind enough to explain stuff to you.

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

• “Cat Ears” headwear.
  • /meow voiced emote, complete with maneki-neko “lucky cat” hand gesture
  • Super Adventure Box made permanent, with occasional new worlds added, as well as a SAB-themed fractal
  • Warriors nerfed into oblivion. Rangers become the new meta in every game mode.
  • All Legendary weapons permanently deleted from game.
  • All loading screens display the message: “No, there will never be mounts or GvG. Not now, not ever.”
  • LFG system for dungeons is scrapped, in favour of purely randomized match-ups. No “level 80 berzerker only” nonsense tolerated. Kicking a player out of the group requires 4/5 members to approve, barring a few exceptions.

Hey, my GW1 Mesmer wore cat ears as part of her normal armor. I think that was the only holiday item I’ve ever put on a character.

narwhalsbend.7059

Actually, serious idea here, open Cantha and have the Jade Sea be mostly underwater content.

narwhalsbend.7059

Release a new expansion focused on the human god Abbadon describing how the elder dragons and literally everything that has happened in lore was part of his plan. Also, Kormir will always follow you around and body block you at all times while being just generally unhelpful. When you finally get to attacking Abbadon, have the fight just be attacking a wall.

Alkonium.9164

Actually, serious idea here, open Cantha and have the Jade Sea be mostly underwater content.

When you look at the lore, that doesn’t make a lot of sense. All the water was turned into solid Jade, hence why it’s called the Jade Sea.