Mordrem Invasion Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Worst event ever there is no mob loot and if you get dc for 1sec you get no reward at all…

Yep, this got me..
https://youtu.be/4LJhnrEpxrQ

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

The invasion so far is too easy, creatures die way too fast, making it hardly feel like an invasion, it’s hard to make it in time to actually hit enough sometimes.

I joined for the last 20 minutes of the last invasion event, and got gold reward on all events i did, and 1 silver but got bronze reward over all, so I never actually got any loot at all during that time so the reward system is not fair either it seems as its not translating your rewards properly based on your event rewards.

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

Yeah I tested this, I was able to hit 1 mob just 1 time, then backed away – full credit for the event.

I don’t even know if it’s scummy to continue to do something like that or not. On the one hand you aren’t really doing anything to help. Then on the other you not being at the event doesn’t scale it up so it makes it easier. So yeah. It’s just bizarre it works this way.

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

I have already pre-purchased HoT

I haven’t.

I haven’t. And if this is any indication, I won’t.

I haven’ t and if things go like that ( i’ m a ranger..so you know…) I won’ t

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

It hard to say cause lots of people cause the event to last longer too. I think f the mobs did do a drop it help on top of the normal prizes. more so if maybe you can earn some bloom randomly from said drop too.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

They should have just granted the blooms by looting the dead vines at the end of an event, like they do with toxic spores, it would have caused far less issues.

Posted by: stormyjensilverdragonlove.7240

stormyjensilverdragonlove.7240

well i wanna understand the point of it.. nobody answers me in game and i went everywhere wasting lots of coin fighting over 30 big thorn things not to mention bad guys and got nada.. except xp.. people refuse to talk to me yet i totally rage quitting.. i usually quite sweet and patient but its just a waste of coin to me.. i dont mind healing others fighting etc but if you get nothing for it? and all these supposed guild people with fancy badge marks on your map.. they dont respond at all.. fudge this i need a nap severely disappointed i even bothered i guess from now on i stay away from any orange star stuff.. keep to my personal story only.. and helping my friends.. i got gold rewards 2 silver one bronze.. so its not like i missed my hits >.>

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

It’s not meant to be a challenge. It’s meant to just be a quick run around and have fun with others event.

The focus should be on the fact it’s bugged and doesn’t reward anything, really.

Posted by: MisterOiZo.4359

MisterOiZo.4359

I agree, I have to run around the plant thing like crazy to try and hit stuff before it drops before i could even hit it once, it is kind of making me feel WE are the invasion instead of the other way around

CandyHearts.6025

I felt like it should be [set amount of blooms] per vine destroyed.

Bonus applied (per vine kill. not event entered) at the event ending.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t know if there is a way to fix this. If the buffs don’t stack, people will do enough to get max rewards and stop. If they do stack, some will tag and run to the next event. Requiring you to stay to the end, means some people will try to get to events that are almost done, finish it and move on. I’m not sure there is an easy way to get around certain types of behavior.

well, we don’t know if the individual events are supposed to have their own rewards or not. If it turns out the gold participation rewards are significantly better, it might balance out.

It would be nice to know how the event is supposed to work and whether we will be receiving rewards retroactively.

edit: just noticed it looks like they are halting the event for the moment (“The mordrem invasion is withdrawing for now”) though given there are three areas, and there has been one round in each, this could have been the plan all along.

Yah. Not enough information. It’s impossible to tell if 8 gold rewards are worth more than 16 bronze rewards or if the game only counts the number of events that were tagged and doesn’t look at the effort. I guess we’ll find out when they fix it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

yourpostmatchesyouridstormy.

It’s bugged. I’m sure they are working on a fix. Just hold tight.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Worst event ever there is no mob loot and if you get dc for 1sec you get no reward at all…

Anyone else read this in the voice of Comic Book Guys from the Simpsons? rofl.

Posted by: Chobits.2430

Chobits.2430

I would say it is just the right difficulty for the reward you get.

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

My brother is pretty new to this game (full account, though, no f2p) and his first character, a thief, is level 78. He’s done lots of mapping and some WvW. He has saved all his mats from mapping in preparation for crafting. The little gold he’s accumulated from mapping and WvW he’s spent mostly on T1 and T2 cultural armor. He’s got like three gold right now.

Now he logs in and sees that not only does he have to do a ton of work (offering no exp or rewards) to get enough tokens for these cool old skins, but he needs 5-10 gold as well for each. I’m not about to say “oh, well, you need to grind dungeons fast so that you can get those before time is up.” Pretty discouraging for new players.

TL;DR event rewards should be earned solely from running the events. If the events aren’t going to drop gold or items that we can sell for gold, then the rewards shouldn’t take gold either.

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

I was a little disappointed when I realized there was no reward.
The event was pretty fun. I will say that.
Not sure if I would do it again for no rewards. Hopefully, they will fix this ASAP, and also, it would be nice to get rewards for the people that I’ve already participated in the event, too.

having fun(for me)=helping others, people talking laughing, getting cool rewards, meeting new people, and excitement… i only got to kill, heal, and waste coin waypointing.. seriously i got more by chopping down trees or fighting the wayward local wildlife that wandered up -.-

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

Quite honestly, as soon as I heard the reward was 5 blooms a time and how many were required for each item in a 2 day event, I thought ‘Yeah no, I’ll just carry on with map completion.’

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

chobits its great you got something.. many of my friends didnt either and they quit after first boss.. whereas i kept at it going everywhere and still got nada…
aroode i hope your right… :/ but its over now.. sigh…

CandyHearts.6025

My brother is pretty new to this game (full account, though, no f2p) and his first character, a thief, is level 78. He’s done lots of mapping and some WvW. He has saved all his mats from mapping in preparation for crafting. The little gold he’s accumulated from mapping and WvW he’s spent mostly on T1 and T2 cultural armor. He’s got like three gold right now.

Now he logs in and sees that not only does he have to do a ton of work (offering no exp or rewards) to get enough tokens for these cool old skins, but he needs 5-10 gold as well for each. I’m not about to say “oh, well, you need to grind dungeons fast so that you can get those before time is up.” Pretty discouraging for new players.

TL;DR event rewards should be earned solely from running the events. If the events aren’t going to drop gold or items that we can sell for gold, then the rewards shouldn’t take gold either.

Yes yes yes!

I’m sitting here. I’m pretty much a vet I would say. And I am holding onto the gold I got. I can’t afford the prizes, either myself. The event because of the gold sink is just so lack luster.

I can’t imagine how new players must feel. It took me a long bit as a new player to get that first 20 gold. And it’s much harder under level 80. They recommend character level 18. . . new players at that level would show up and be like ? what?!

Poor things. :/

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

No matter what the system someone is getting screwed or someone is taking advantage.

If you make it so you have to be there at vine destruction, someone who dies/dcs/etc will lose out. If you make it so long as you tag things and get credit (killing 5 mobs = guaranteed gold) someone will game the system and split farm events.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

I was in Verdant Brink and yes loot did drop, but its not hard for them to make loot drop so that you tell your friends whom haven’t bought HoT yet that T6 mats etc drop, then after HoT is released WHAM the loot disappears, lets face it, the only thing that has been consistent in the game is the way event rewards get nerfed and loot gets removed,

This is going more into the tinfoil-hat conspiracy theory so i’m gonna leave this alone.

So I would love an open and honest answer from Anet about how events in the future will go, as of right now, I know of 5 people who are gearing up to ask for a refund on HoT due to this, as they do not want to continue playing a game with no rewards,

This is a major sticking point for players, and yet its continually ignored by Anet devs, if they come here and tell me honestly that events will not drop loot, ( or they will be like SW rewards ) I will happily ask for a refund and move to a new game, then the devs can be happy that someone who wasn’t happy with there game is gone and they can keep the players who are happy to receive nothing for the time played.

They already answered part of this, no i don’t have a source, it’s somewhere so i"m sure someone will find it, or maybe you feel up to the task in tracking it down (i personally do not) but yes the new areas will be similar to SW, ex map specific currency (geodes, bandit badges and in verdant brink, airship parts) and a lot of the event structure (the defend at night time) is similar. Only difference is , you do get loot from individual mobs. And no annoying chest spam after each event, so yay for that :p Anyhow, back to the point, they stated that both drytop and sw are the type of maps they used to look forward into HoT.

I do disagree that people are playing without getting any rewards (this special event not included for obvious reasons) but Sw for example is one of the most profitable places to farm, and no it may not be from individual mob drops, but it’s still a very lucrative place to be. So, you do receive stuff for time played. (again ignoring this particular event, we’ll be able to judge how rewarding it is, once the bugfixes are out)

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

They should have just granted the blooms by looting the dead vines at the end of an event, like they do with toxic spores, it would have caused far less issues.

I would combine this with a global reward based on the amount of incursions stopped.

EverythingOP

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

If this is the type of event design I can expect from HoT, I’m glad I didn’t preorder it.

Rewards aside, (And I DID get a reward, for what it’s worth)

Forcing people to stay on the map for a full 30 minutes to get anything at all is a very poor decision, and there is no reason for it at all! Just make it like the silverwastes defense events were you get a small chest at the end of each mini-event! It’s still the same exact challenge of clearing as many of them as you can in 30 minutes.

Really, I was expecting something more like the haloween event where the haloween creatures would invade random areas, and killing them sometimes gave you thier specific loot. If the invasion mordrem dropped blooms like haloween creatures dropped Trick-or-Treat bags, this would feel a lot better, even without a meta event.

But the high gold cost is a slap in the face to the new players playing this event. A new level 20 character is NOT going to have the 10 gold on hand to buy any of the better rewards even if they do have the blooms.

While I didn’t mind staying on the map for 30 minutes, what was difficult was getting from one event to the next as it was hard to accumulate events when they got burnt down so quickly you could not get there in time. If I were a new player I would be frustrated, angry and confused. New players are trying to figure stuff out and this just adds to the confusion. Instead of making folk go for as many events as possible within the time frame it might be better to have an additional reward for staying the full 30 minutes on the map (you would have to be doing the events instead of afking) in addition to individual chest rewards.

The only “extra” loot I got was from the usual stuff that was in the area and got in the way of the zerg killing machine that was plowing through. I am not sure a zerg feeding frenzy is necessarily a good first experience for a new person, lol. (remember the toxicity of some of the Queensdale farm zergs towards new folk just trying for completion….)

I also agree about the gold cost. For me it is a non issue as I already have most of the stuff offered and I have been playing long enough that the prices are not an issue for me. I saw maybe three items I will probably try for. I cannot see any incentive for new folk with the vendors, though I do understand what it took to get a lot of those items since I worked hard to get them when they were originally out there. Possibly a better design would be to award a chest for each event completed with a random number of blooms/reward etc.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

There are multiple problems with this event outside of the rewards. My big four are:

SCALING
in Kessex if you fight an incursion to the north of the map, you are scaled to lvl 16; to the south, you are lvl 26. In both cases, the enemy is lvl 24, meaning they take forever to kill in the north and die so fast in the south that you cant get to them before they die.

OVERLAP WITH BROKEN SCARLETT EVENTS
At least once, we had to abandon an incursion because the catapult we needed to build was under one of the old scarlett toxic spore events – and the scarlett event was broken and unable to complete.

IT HAS BECOME A WAYPOINT RACE INSTEAD OF A FIGHT
The events go way to fast. It is just a race from event to event in the hopes that you get there with enough time to get in one shot so you get credit. That isnt fun.

NOT ENGAGING OR INTERESTING
This event does not include any new or interesting enemies or fights that challenge people in ANY way (other than the race cited above).

This is just a poor showing on Anet’s part. I love this game and this development team – this event should not be considered up to the standards of either.

Posted by: metal chill.8490

metal chill.8490

another solution would be to just give players 5 blooms per event completed so they don’t have to worry about staying a full 30 mins or losing buffs due to dc’s or crashes.

Posted by: Raxzor.5946

Raxzor.5946

First and foremost, release an official statement on your official forums!
Second, extend the event for a week.
Third, scrap the gold required for rewards.
And lastly give more blooms, as new players are not going to want to grind, grind, grind!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They have announced it on the forums.

It’s meant to last through the weekend and to extend it out a week for several hours of it not working is excessive.

The gold cost is acting as a gold sink.

They will increase the blooms as it’s been stated that not enough is being awarded.

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

So that way you can tag once and get the full rewards while going afk just like ppl do for VW? please… :/

- BG -

Posted by: JJMoshpotatoes.4386

JJMoshpotatoes.4386

Unfortunately I don’t think they will respond or even care to look at the official forums. My thread got locked out. Thanks arenanet -.-

Posted by: Raxzor.5946

Raxzor.5946

Show me a link to the official announcement? It was done via reddit.
Extending it a week is not excessive when we do not know when the new patch will come out.
The gold sink, is a major issue for the new players.
There is no official statement saying they will increases the blooms.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

They already have, check the dev tracker.

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

They will increase the blooms as it’s been stated that not enough is being awarded.

I’ve heard that the people not getting blooms is a bug – nothing about the number of blooms.

Ayrilana.1396

Show me a link to the official announcement? It was done via reddit.
Extending it a week is not excessive when we do not know when the new patch will come out.
The gold sink, is a major issue for the new players.
There is no official statement saying they will increases the blooms.

I won’t provide you a link. What I will do is tell you that there exists a thing on the main page of the forums called Dev Tracker.

Ayrilana.1396

I’ve heard that the people not getting blooms is a bug – nothing about the number of blooms.

I don’t know. I guess we’ll find out when they roll out the fix today.

Posted by: metal chill.8490

metal chill.8490

So that way you can tag once and get the full rewards while going afk just like ppl do for VW? please… :/

people can already do this, they can tag once for a stack and tele off and tag another, all the while gaining fast stacks then go afk somewhere till it times out.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

And lastly give more blooms, as new players are not going to want to grind, grind, grind!

+1 especially on the gold requirement. Problem with it, especially at its current cost is the gold will simply be deleted from the game. All those hard won drops and vendoring will go poof and not into the hands of another player on the TP where it can actually circulate.

Ayrilana.1396

+1 especially on the gold requirement. Problem with it, especially at its current cost is the gold will simply be deleted from the game. All those hard won drops and vendoring will go poof and not into the hands of another player on the TP where it can actually circulate.

It’s better in the long run for that gold to be removed.

Posted by: xadine.7069

xadine.7069

it is just a way to keep us busy while waiting for HoT. With boring events, spam1 zerg, and reward that you could have in LS1.

Luckily LS1 was 1 of the point that Anet (and others) use to justify the fact that veterans lose nothing because they had unique cool stuff. And here it is, cheap (once rewards will be fixed) and open to everyone.

Personnaly I was hoping for some cool and new reward but … I allready have everything. I was also expecting to see the news mordrems.

Posted by: DonPiantissimo.1980

DonPiantissimo.1980

This may have been one of the worst events I’ve seen, and I have been around for southsun opening, stuck at the bottom of the nest with a bugged npc that refused to move. Rewards bug aside, it was a race to merely tag mordrem, if we got lucky, and at the same time just tag events as little as possible with minimal contribution to get more stacks, just jumping around the map, touching something, jumping again. And considering mobs themselves dropped nothing (not even xp, for those “recommended level 18” players to get levels), you had no reason to stick around, just keep running and hope you get to things before they melt.

Obviously, the bug is a massive issue, but events will never be beta tested no matter how many times they arrive broken, we know that by now, events were broken at the start, they are broken today, they will be broken in the future. But at least I hoped the content would be somewhat decent, we’ve had plenty of events that did not degenerate into Tag Wars 2 in the past, even stuff like halloween are reasonable. Nope, instead we liked struggling to tag something that’s melting so much, that we not only do it with the enemies to get the events, we do it with the events themselves to get the maximum reward in the time limit. And it will continue to happen because it is a timed tagging event with a time limit, that’s what those do, it’s not like players will do it at their time, when it happens map is full and everything melts.

I’m not even angry anymore, I was frustrated during the event because it seemed to make a point of stressing me out for little reason, but by the time the event ended and I saw 0 rewards while seeing the lucky ones get 5 blooms for their trouble, which is a box of sand for half an hour of frantic farming, I just laughed it off, and made a point of making fun of the situation in map and guild chat (play for 6 hours and pay 50 silver for a bag of rare gear! Woot!). I’m mostly sad because this is the welcome party for the new players. We knew it would be broken in some way, this is gw2, we do our testing live, but couldn’t anet have applied what they have learned about events in the last 3 years?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

They responded about 45min ago on the forum. Well Gaile did.

It’s meant to last through the weekend and to extend it out a week for several hours of it not working is excessive.

?? Didn’t saw that and it doesn’t seem to be on the dev tracker. Here what Gaile said.

Mordrem Invasion Update:

We know that some of you are experiencing issues with the Mordrem Invasion Event. A few notes:

• The team is aware of the issues and is working on a fix, which will be rolled out as soon as possible.
  • Once this is live, we anticipate future incursions of the Mordrem will take place as planned, and rewards will be given as intended.
  • Those who earned rewards and did not receive them will be given their rewards. This could take several days, so please allow time for this to happen.

Thanks for your patience as we work on the resolution of this issue.

She also said that the NPC vendor for the event will stay after the event. I don’t see anything about extenting the event for a week or increasing the amount of blooms. She only said that like it was suppose to, there will be other Invasion in the future and that people that earned reward, but didn’t get them will receive them in a couple of days.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

That gold is wayyyy to much for the newest members of our game. Presumably one of the reasons they put this event in the 15-25 level maps is so the new f2p players, who are reaching that level now, can participate in this mass event. Most of those people probably have only a few silver. Even one gold is way too high and many of those rewards require10 gold. That’s dangling the rewards in front of them, but out of reach. It’s not a good way to do it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

That gold is wayyyy to much for the newest members of our game. Presumably one of the reasons they put this event in the 15-25 level maps is do the new f2p players, who are reaching that level now, can participate in this mass event. Most of those people probably have only a few silver. Even one gold is way too high and many of those rewards require10 gold. That’s dangling the rewards in front of them, but out of reach. It’s not a good way to do it.

buy gems and convert to gold

maybe they get the f2p player hooked on this way

oh no what evil thoughts a bottom-line company would never do such things cause they are our best friends…. oh wait O.o

Ayrilana.1396

They responded about 45min ago on the forum. Well Gaile did.

?? Didn’t saw that and it doesn’t seem to be on the dev tracker. Here what Gaile said.

Mordrem Invasion Update:

We know that some of you are experiencing issues with the Mordrem Invasion Event. A few notes:

• The team is aware of the issues and is working on a fix, which will be rolled out as soon as possible.
  • Once this is live, we anticipate future incursions of the Mordrem will take place as planned, and rewards will be given as intended.
  • Those who earned rewards and did not receive them will be given their rewards. This could take several days, so please allow time for this to happen.

Thanks for your patience as we work on the resolution of this issue.

She also said that the NPC vendor for the event will stay after the event. I don’t see anything about extenting the event for a week or increasing the amount of blooms. She only said that like it was suppose to, there will be other Invasion in the future and that people that earned reward, but didn’t get them will receive them in a couple of days.

Yeah. I misread the things about them increasing the blooms. I read it under the impression that the amount of looms that were being awarded was also bugged.

Posted by: Exile.2745

Exile.2745

I honestly think they should cancel the event until next week when they are CERTAIN everything is working as intended. I feel so disappointed with this event. What a waste of time because something extremely simple was overlooked.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I wouldn’t even agree with you even if we were earning gold in this event which we aren’t. Even with the terrible Pavilion 2.0 Event where we had to use currency+gold to get so called rewards from the vendor, at least that event gave you drops. If you find this rewarding in any way shape or form, enjoy it. This is a bad event for new players as they have a lack of gold and they are getting no karma, no drops, no gold, and no xp to boot and it’s bad for vets because many of us have some/most/all of the items from the reward vendor.

Please explain why you think a reward vendor for an event specifically aimed at new players needs a gold sink. (ArenaNet’s own recommended level is to be at least level 18). New players don’t have the gold to blow on this event. If I were new I’d rather go play where I was getting XP/Karma/Gold/Drops.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Gnat.5124

Gnat.5124

I wouldn’t even agree with you even if we were earning gold in this event which we aren’t. Even with the terrible Pavilion 2.0 Event where we had to use currency+gold to get so called rewards from the vendor, at least that event gave you drops. If you find this rewarding in any way shape or form, enjoy it. This is a bad event for new players as they have a lack of gold and they are getting no karma, no drops, no gold, and no xp to boot and it’s bad for vets because many of us have some/most/all of the items from the reward vendor.

Please explain why you think a reward vendor for an event specifically aimed at new players needs a gold sink. (ArenaNet’s own recommended level is to be at least level 18). New players don’t have the gold to blow on this event. If I were new I’d rather go play where I was getting XP/Karma/Gold/Drops.

Agree completely. I don’t need the vendor rewards as I already have most of them. the only reason for me to do this event would be if loot drops..which it doesn’t. Even ‘normal’ loot would entice me to do this again!

Really disappointed.

Ayrilana.1396

You need to understand the purpose of gold sinks. It’s not a bad idea to every now and then have something that takes gold out of the economy for a short period of time.

Where was it stated that the vendors were specifically aimed for brand new players? Not every existing player got all of those awards through various reasons of their own. It just sounds to me that some people don’t want to pay gold and are using new players as an excuse for why.

Posted by: Syosha.5917

Syosha.5917

Agree completely. I don’t need the vendor rewards as I already have most of them. the only reason for me to do this event would be if loot drops..which it doesn’t. Even ‘normal’ loot would entice me to do this again!

Really disappointed.

Well…it’s been pretty clear for a while now that Anet doesn’t like their monsters dropping loot. You either have to pay for your rewards or get none at all!!!

I honestly don’t remember an event that has come out recently where normal trash mobs would give loot; Scarlet invasions, maybe?….

Ayrilana.1396

Really disappointed.

Well…it’s been pretty clear for a while now that Anet doesn’t like giving loot to players. You either have to pay for your rewards or get none at all!!!

I honestly don’t remember an event that has come out recently where normal trash mobs would give loot; Scarlet invasions, maybe?….

And remember all of the complaints where people would farm mobs rather than complete the events?