Legendary Howler Bug [merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Fix for howler please. The mist disappears at times— bring back the nighttime effect.

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I posted about this over a year ago here. While I’d adjust some of my suggestions to be a little more clear (moon motes, not stars), I’m still waiting! Please fix this, my Howler hasn’t been taken out and used in quite some time.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

(edited by Ark Bladesteele.2943)

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I think part of the problem here is anet fixes bugs that the community is really upset about. This thread is at 5 pages but it’s really old. It’s not nearly as active as the HOM or GWAMM threads…..

Here the other thing. A lot of people choose not to make howler because this is such a known bug. So there’s less pressure to fix it because people just don’t make it because it’s broken.

I’d still love to see this fixed. I posted a few times here and although I don’t have howler I’d make it if we saw this fixed.

Posted by: Nightwin.6423

Nightwin.6423

I think part of the problem here is anet fixes bugs that the community is really upset about. This thread is at 5 pages but it’s really old. It’s not nearly as active as the HOM or GWAMM threads…..

Here the other thing. A lot of people choose not to make howler because this is such a known bug. So there’s less pressure to fix it because people just don’t make it because it’s broken.

I’d still love to see this fixed. I posted a few times here and although I don’t have howler I’d make it if we saw this fixed.

In a way I can disagree to this, a reason why I think it was so heavily ignored was because warhorn was an under utilised weapon however now tempest has warhorn and ele being more widely used class this might require more attention. If this is such a widely known bug and how legendary are a main part of the endgame i would be insulted for them to ignore this and how they also fixed other legendary that were bugged.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

It’s cool; before today, the howler was mostly done on the 2 classes anet hates and despises the most – necro and ranger.. with warr but whatever. Now the elementalist is getting it, which means we will be seeing an update to its effects, but not before HoT (with all the new legendaries) releases.
I can bet my left buttcheek.

Posted by: Assassin O.9367

Assassin O.9367

So many players crafted this legendary weapon due to the cool looking moon that displayed at night. All the time in effort put in to craft the Howler… The community is still looking for a response from the Devs….

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Glad I bought howl before the ele hype train funneled in. I’m sure it will be attended to now that one of the most popular classes in the game can use it no doubt. Only good looking war horn skin mainly because its a bit larger and somewhat noticeable. Would be nice if it had a bit more effects going on in the howler aside from fixing the current issues with it.

Säïnt

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

Glad I bought howl before the ele hype train funneled in. I’m sure it will be attended to now that one of the most popular classes in the game can use it no doubt. Only good looking war horn skin mainly because its a bit larger and somewhat noticeable. Would be nice if it had a bit more effects going on in the howler aside from fixing the current issues with it.

Yeah, I got Howl the day before the teaser image for Tempest went up. When I checked, the asking price was ~ 200 gold more than what I had paid (and a not insubstantial temptation to resell and make some coin).

Howler is a nice looking warhorn, and I like the subtle fog effects. For my Necro, it’s fittingly understated. However, it is so muted compared to other legendaries. I have Kudzu, and switching back and forth between the two makes it obvious how much more thought was put into its appearance and how it interacts with skills. With Howler’s broken nighttime effects, I can’t see how they can consider it to be legendary, apart from the cost to make it. Its visual effects get outshone by other skins and skill animations (it gets lost in Locust Swarm and is nothing compared to Call of the Wild’s visual). Fixing it would go a long ways towards making it feel like an actual legendary, and not just a shiny skin that’s a pain in the butt to make.

Andraus.3874

HoM fix is apparently going live today. Maybe this is next on the list? That’s too hopeful tho… I’d think we would at least get a dev response if it was going to be in the list. If we are lucky a dev will post this week to at least tell us it’s being looked into now since some resources may be freed with the HoM fix being done.

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

HoM fix is apparently going live today. Maybe this is next on the list? That’s too hopeful tho… I’d think we would at least get a dev response if it was going to be in the list. If we are lucky a dev will post this week to at least tell us it’s being looked into now since some resources may be freed with the HoM fix being done.

Howler was my very first legendary and I loved the old mechanics it had and how annoyed some people got from hearing it (it even annoyed me sometimes haha…). But considering this thread has been open for quite a while now, and not even a single Anet staff member has said anything in here to either encourage ideas or that they are listening to our comments, I doubt they care about this. It’s functioning as intended.

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

Held off from crafting this since I saw a thread about it not working 18 months ago, some things never change apparently =/

very special guild tag [tX]

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

Held off from crafting this since I saw a thread about it not working 18 months ago, some things never change apparently =/

It’s not that it doesn’t work… They purposly changed the affects on them cus the sounds were ‘annoying’ players

Posted by: OJM.5103

OJM.5103

It’s not that it doesn’t work… They purposly changed the affects on them cus the sounds were ‘annoying’ players

Nah they messed it up when they stopped people being able to aura stack. I miss my Night animations, hope they’ll come back one day

[GAMW]

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

Doubt it was anywhere near as bad as the SAB horn, I’ll have a check later. The fact they cut off the night time effects and had no followup is saddening. Other Legendaries got some serious loving, even Moot.

very special guild tag [tX]

Posted by: Bret.6940

Bret.6940

The moon should be lit up at night and there should be a slight echo of a howl after the first initial howl. Anet i have faith >.>

Order of Grenth ~ P/P Thief~ [OGs] TC

Posted by: Evian.8741

Evian.8741

Checking back in with this thread! Fingers crossed that Howler gets some love come HoT’s release.

Posted by: Vincent.7452

Vincent.7452

Still waiting for my Howler to be fixed. Fix it please.

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Bring my Howler back to life pl0x

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Andraus.3874

Honestly they could make up for this by not only adding the night time effects/sounds but also adding something additional. Please summon Fenrir or mini wold to follow you around for like 5 seconds. :-)

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

Anet, any word on getting this fixed yet? would appreciate having the nighttime effects back on this now.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

And still no response regarding Howler? Ele is getting warhorn now too, please fix Howler!

Posted by: Telandrill.5287

Telandrill.5287

Been following this thread a while now.
I agree that the current effects of the Howler are lackluster, and would love to see it upgraded.

This thread contains really nice new ideas, adding back the nightcycle and maybe an occasional “Call of the Wild” sort of wolf on blowing. (occasional only on the Tempest Specialization).
It deserves another bump.

(edited by Telandrill.5287)

Nightwin.6423

Well at least its actually worth some gold now howler…
Honestly sure the footfall effect could be a little more noticeable but the nighttime effect is what I really want imagine in the new HOT maps where they have actually long nighttime that are also darker, wpuld be so cool

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Still hoping to see an official response on this thread – it’s been going for a while now. Really would love to see some attention to Howler. The footfalls need to be more noticeable and persist on the ground a little bit longer too. (Currently they fade away so quickly compared to those of other legendaries.)

VampyreJack.9183

i haven’t logged in in some time, and just came back noticing my howler doesn’t sparkle at night nor does the moon show up in its circle anymore? any news on a fix for this?

Posted by: ekkue.3754

ekkue.3754

There is an ongoing thread here where people have been begging for it to be fixed, unfortunately there has been no answer

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Howler-fix

VampyreJack.9183

can we please get an official anet response to this? even if is “we know it needs a fix, and we will definitely be working on it, yet don’t have an official time-frame as of now”

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

(occasional only on the Tempest Specialization).

If I have to hear that godsbekittened ponybow with every friggin’ shortbow arrow, y’all can listen to my Howler with Tempest.

So I hope it gets fixed.
:3

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Bret.6940

Bret.6940

can we please get an official anet response to this? even if is “we know it needs a fix, and we will definitely be working on it, yet don’t have an official time-frame as of now”

^^^

Order of Grenth ~ P/P Thief~ [OGs] TC

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

I already use the Howler on a couple of characters and with HoT and it’s long nights it would be very awesome indeed to get those night time effects back!

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I hear howler is even more broken after 25/8 patch anyone got any info on how?

Posted by: LinhZeri.6412

LinhZeri.6412

Howler now is overshadowed by new warhorn noise.. … my poor Howler….. just revert this change already this makes no sense so it can at least shine at night and make the wolf howl like it should at night time.. It used to stand out as a living legendary (As if the Wolf was alive howling at the moon light) instead of a slacking static boring mess it is now.

(edited by LinhZeri.6412)

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

About 10 months back Howl dropped for me from a risen sea turtle. My necro was thrilled, and I’ve spent the last 10 months gathering the necessaries to make my first legendary. I knew about the borked night effects, but set my sights on Howler anyway. I’m almost there now, but the new sound is making me think twice. Perhaps I’d be better off saving the mats for some other legendary rather than wasting all that effort on a warhorn I won’t be able to stand to use. But it’s hard to decide without an official answer on whether the problems, at least with the sound, will be fixed.

Posted by: Nana.9512

Nana.9512

When I crafted Howler, I accepted, that its effects are broken and didn’t really care about, because for me it’s the most beautiful horn in the game. I use it often on my necro, but now I’m thinking about an other off-hand weapon. I don’t mean to be respectless, but I don’t want to play with a horn, that sounds as if a giant was farting. I don’t like that sound on any warhorn and at least a legendary horn should not sound like that. Hope it will be fixed.

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

I used to fight for this cause.
I really tried.
I created a different thread on bug report section and used to bump that one and this one everytime they left 1st page..
I got infractions multiple times for doing that..
I also sent private messages with links to both topics to 7 different ANET members on 5 ocasions.
I picked up the most active ones that were posting on forums daily and started pming them explaing and asking for feedback. Did that during 2 months and got no feedback..no answer…just more infractions.
Than i decided it was time to realize that if they did not answer after all that..but took the time to give me infractions…they read the topic and decided not to answer.. and that clearly means they don’t care.
So it is up to you guys.
Howler is what it is..
By far.. one of the worse combo (animation+ effects) in game.
No forecast to be fixed and apparently, after25/08 they proved us that things can get even worse.
So if you gonna craft it..do it for the stats and being able to change it the way you like whenever you like…AND THAT IS IT.
Forget everything cool about a legendary..
This is not the case.
Get a regular blue warhorn from lvl 20 mobs and it will have better animation and sound prolly.
Anet does not care.
It is time to deal with it already…i did. I use it.. muted my game sound no to hear that horn everytime i use itvand problem “solved”.
I decided not to waste more time with legendaries since anet doesnt care to fix bug on items that takes so long to be crafted

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

Howler is even more broken now. The sound effects are messed up. Its sad… I made this recently and its a TOTAL disappointment.

The new warhorn audio sounds like a painful fart.

Posted by: Chaos.5072

Chaos.5072

This is very frustrating

Nightwin.6423

This is a huge disappointment…. Firstly the nighttime effect and footfalls were decreased sure the howl loop was removed (saw this coming) BUT changing existing warhorn sounds and removing our howl is downright sad where other non-legendary warhorn do have at least unique sounds. Sure the howl wasn’t the greatess but dont remove it completely, with HOT coming out and new sounds being recorded I really hope that they update the sound as well a rework of the footfall of the Howler and the cherry on top would be to have the nighttime effect…

BrettM.9062

Finally! After months of effort I now have the materials, basic gifts, etc. required to make Howler. But, I am hesitant to actually start chucking these things into the MT with Howler in its current state.

It took me as much effort as Bifrost, Bolt, or any other legendary would have taken. However, because RNG favored me by dropping Howl in my lap instead of some other precursor, apparently I am not entitled to a weapon that looks and feels just as legendary as the others. Yet the tooltip on Howl proclaims that it is a precursor for a legendary weapon, not a semi-legendary weapon or a wannabe-legendary weapon.

Isn’t it about time we got an official comment on this situation?

Posted by: quagganzilla.6450

quagganzilla.6450

It’s obvious we’re being ignored. T.T
Please Anet, you have so many asking for this fix.
Also whilst you’re at it please change the warhorn sounds back. The new ones are horrible.

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

Im still sobbing

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

Bitter. I am bitter.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Posted by: Tierce.5370

Tierce.5370

Ditto.

I was resigned to Howler losing its night effects, but now it sounds like generic warhorn farts.

Completely. Awful.

(Though being able to type “farts” into a post made me laugh and feel a little better about this “legendary” … Seriously, I’m going to stuff it into a dark crevice IN MY BANK and forget about it.)

(edited by Tierce.5370)

Posted by: thattris.8397

thattris.8397

i was planning on making howler for my legendary but after reading this i wonder why i have been farming for years.
i never got a prec. i never asked for anything. i get one exotic a year as a drop and now they remove the effects of the legendary i CAN afford its like im not allowd to have something nice.

losing faith in this game quick.

Posted by: Hawken son of Z.1367

Hawken son of Z.1367

I just found out about the howler sound… wth is Anets problem with this legendary??? it sounds absolutely stupid now.. why are they taking the legendary out of our legendary?

I’m super kittened off about this tbh… I’m hoping the missing sound was a mistake in a build update and this will be fixed?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I just found out about the howler sound… wth is Anets problem with this legendary??? it sounds absolutely stupid now.. why are they taking the legendary out of our legendary?

I’m super kittened off about this tbh… I’m hoping the missing sound was a mistake in a build update and this will be fixed?

You mean like removing the night time effect was hopefully a mistake in april 2014 over a year ago and still not fixed.

Posted by: Hawken son of Z.1367

Hawken son of Z.1367

You mean like removing the night time effect was hopefully a mistake in april 2014 over a year ago and still not fixed.

No I knew they took away the constant howling sound at night. ( this was needed) but now when you use the horn it sounds like any ordinary war horn, it used to have a very specific sound when warhorn skills were used. this, ontop of them taking away the night time effect and movement of the howler all together.. is just.. absurd. and extremely disappointing. why did I even make this thing? lol oh yeah, cuzz it used to be awesome. now its just a troll fart machine.

BrettM.9062

They aren’t, really. They’re just trying for a new type of legendary: Legendarily Awful. The next step will be to rename the horn to Farter, make the aura a sort of brown cloud, and make the footfalls look like little cowpies. Every nine-year-old in the game will love it!

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

Howler is farting now, awesome, it’s also quite a bit more expensive with the whole tempest thing.

I’m still hoping to see this one fixed with the new legendaries

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

why they dont bother fixing?
on hot with the new expecialization class berzerker coming most warriors gonna change their second hand weapon to a torch.
and all the other classes that uses warhorn are getting a new weapon as well..
this is their way of saying:
“wait? you considering not chainging into the new weapon set combo? well..think it over lol”

good job.
i was planning to craft bolt next…
butnow im like: WHO CARESS…got an ascended weap chest..changed the stats of it to the one i want and to the hell with the skin..they gonna kitten up with it sooner or later too