Upcoming Daily/Monthly changes 12/10/14

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Erinyes.3596

Erinyes.3596

I’m really looking forward to these changes. Love getting the daily gift and the whole gift award track and some pep in the dailies and getting send to different places for different tasks sounds exciting to me !!

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

…Any competent person knows that you fix the stuff that is broken before you start playing with anything else……
snip

this change might be a response in part to this topic

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/sugg-dailies/first

on a side note, i guess i could use my 100+ skill point scrolls since monthly skill points is gone

But dailies aren’t broken.
There are plenty of things that are broken (such as gathering nodes that can’t be accessed, events that stall and never complete, ridiculously high WvW AP requirements to name but a few) that have existed since the game launch.
Surely they should look at fixing these and other long term bugs rather than spend their resources on something which actually works?
I could be wrong, but based upon various LS comments I believe that many people would like to see some for of instanced Scarlet LS stuff as currently due to the way LS works you jump straight from finishing one story with destiny’s edge to starting a new LS with a group who you have never met in the LS system who claim to know you and call you “boss”. This seems to be a huge continuity issue for anyone who missed the events that led to the 2nd destruction of LA in GW2.

On a side note I think I saw stuff such as levelling tomes and skill points as rewards in the new system – please give options for other stuff. Personally I have 8 characters of which 7 are at level 80, and the other level 42. Bonus Skill Points are so plentiful in this game that even the level 42 has every skill bought and a surplus of at least 50.
And judging by other players I am just a casual player.

i will agree with the dailies arent broken thing, but surely they have someone working on some of the other things you mentioned (IIRC there are at least 300 people working on that kind of thing). maybe im just being too optimistic though.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Erinyes.3596

Of course. But would they do it because of the free stuff for logging in or would they have done it anyway?

Does it matter?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If I’ve understood the announcement correctly laurels and mystic coins will now come from the log-in reward, and the daily achievements will reward different items.

Which makes me think a lot of the concerns about doing dailies are going to be irrelevant to most people because the rewards are the main (only?) reason to do them and now the two are separate.

You only need to do the dailies if you want the AP (and for AP hunters doing any 3 dailies instead of 10 must be an improvement) or if you want the reward items from that specific daily and don’t have an easier way to get them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Does it matter?

It does matter rather much for the discussion yes.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Why complain?

Attachments:

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

I still don’t see how just logging in should be rewaded other than to serve as a tool to condition players into logging in frequently. Not long, just frequently; make it a part of their daily routine. That’s how exploitative games work and something I never thought ANet would incorporate in their game.

The daily change is nice, this is just downright insulting. If you want to be treated like a lab animal, that’s your choice. I however still have some pride left and don’t want to be seen as a walking moneybag, where the first priority is: ‘How can we pull the most money out of that sucker?’ instead of ‘How can we make the game the most fun so this player wants to give us his money?’

Pray tell, how is giving people some free stuff for logging in in any way related to the gemstore and them “wanting to give us our money”

Do you need a special gemstore item to get the item fro logging in? is there ANYTHING you’d need frm the gemstore to get this free stuff?

Answer, NO

It’s ridiculous that no matter how irrelevant it is, people will always try to make this into a thing that’s created solely to promote the gemstore.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

re: I don’t really see how that is any different from what I first said. – Because you’re being deliberately obtuse.
“Killing 3 Players in WvW” is one (of 3) required parts of a daily achievement. So 1 of a required 3 does not equal completing your daily achievement. Whereas before I could get 5 parts and complete a daily achievement within 30 minutes.
And as I’ve said before, I’m a PvE only player, so your(over and over used) WvW example doesn’t even apply to me. But you’re just arguing for the sake of arguing anyway, so it doesn’t matter.

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

I also really don’t see how giving us stuff for free from simply logging in somehow turns to giving us stuff for free makes us give them money.

If don’t see that far, you might want to start thinking a bit more critically
1) By not logging in you lose out. Other get items with a monetary (gold) value. Your wealth actively decreases, all that in addition to the (admitedly very low) inflation.
2) Being conditioned to log in every day makes you see all the new BL stuff you would have otherwise missed, had you not played, thus makes you more likely to spend money on the game.
3) Other have said, LotR and Warframe do the same thing. Those are f2p games. GW2 is not. This has no place here. As I said, you want to be seen as a lab rat? More power to you – I don’t.

It’s a cheap trick, used by sleazy f2p companies. Getting daily rewards for at least some amount of investment like the dailies (until now) is fine. Flat out manipulating players through skinner boy techniques is disgusting and shouldn’t be encouraged.

I still don’t see how just logging in should be rewaded other than to serve as a tool to condition players into logging in frequently. Not long, just frequently; make it a part of their daily routine. That’s how exploitative games work and something I never thought ANet would incorporate in their game.

The daily change is nice, this is just downright insulting. If you want to be treated like a lab animal, that’s your choice. I however still have some pride left and don’t want to be seen as a walking moneybag, where the first priority is: ‘How can we pull the most money out of that sucker?’ instead of ‘How can we make the game the most fun so this player wants to give us his money?’

Pray tell, how is giving people some free stuff for logging in in any way related to the gemstore and them “wanting to give us our money”

Do you need a special gemstore item to get the item fro logging in? is there ANYTHING you’d need frm the gemstore to get this free stuff?

Answer, NO

It’s ridiculous that no matter how irrelevant it is, people will always try to make this into a thing that’s created solely to promote the gemstore.

It’s supposed to keep you playing through manipulation on a basic level. Rewards for little no effort. It’s mind boggling to see so many people here fail to grasp why this might be considered as unethical.

As I said, this doesn’t force you to pay money, it incentivises, it aims to keep you playing actively, thus keeping you in the pool of potential gem buyers, but that’s how this kind of manipulation works. it’s subtle and not everybody will fall for it, just some but that’s enough to warrant this kind of sleazy behaviour for ANet it seems. Why do you think so many f2p titles do it? Because it does work and because many people don’t even see how they are manipulated because ‘hey it’s free’.

(edited by Crovax.7854)

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

I will wait to pass final judgement, but my initial reaction is that this will probably get me to play less.

I currently play to fill out my 10 dailies and progress my monthlies, to increase APs. Now they’re removing monthlies, and only 10 pts from dailies every day. Meaning I will miss out on that initial surge when the month ticks over, and it will make overall AP progress for me less. Not crazy about that.

Furthermore, I don’t need laurels for much more than my my next storage guild’s influence. There’s very few things in this game that actually enthuse me to go towards anymore…I don’t have any precursors, so legendary mats are meh, I already have a pretty large stockpile in case I finally run across a precursor.

I’m settled on looks for all of my characters, so skins aren’t really that interesting, and evidently I’m hard to impress anyway, because I don’t care for the artstyle lately (glorious armor, carapace/lum, garbage gemstore stuff).

Incredibly annoyed with damask, so I don’t really want to keep working on my light ascended.

All my chars are 80, so I don’t care about Tomes. Lol, who needs badges of honor? WvW experience is crap, because ranking up rewards suck. PvP reward tracks are probably the best, but the worst per time invested.

The reality is that I just have nothing to really work towards in this game, APs are/were pretty much it. And now that time investment will be less than a half hour.

I guess I should be thankful, because now I will have more free time, not having to go for monthlies or 10 dailies a day, but I don’t get how this will help Anet.

(edited by Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217)

lordkrall.7241

This is what I said:

I would say that doing 3 dailies (along the line of “kill 3 people in WvW”)

“Kill 3 people in WvW” is an EXAMPLE of ONE daily. You need to complete THREE of those.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: ChibiPoet.2961

ChibiPoet.2961

Just want to add that I’m very happy your progress doesn’t reset. Whenever I go see family out of state, it’s a toss up as to whether or not their internet connection is working so I don’t always get to log in to the game. (Yeah, they’re silly little noodles that way.) So thanks for not resetting my progress if I can’t log in!

dsslive.8473

2) Being conditioned to log in every day makes you see all the new BL stuff you would have otherwise missed, had you not played, thus makes you more likely to spend money on the game.

Really? I didn’t know the gemstore tab automatically goes open upon login, must be something new.

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

1) By not logging in you lose out. Other get items with a monetary (gold) value. Your wealth actively decreases, all that in addition to the (admitedly very low) inflation.

If you weren’t logging in every day previously, you were already at a disadvantage to people who were logging in every day because, surprisingly, not logging into the game makes it harder to do things in it and amass wealth than logging in. If I logged in and chopped down one tree, I was still amassing more wealth than someone who didn’t log in that day.

When your first point is already defeated by common sense, the rest of your argument, no matter how many buzzwords you want to stuff in it, is irrelevant.

Erinyes.3596

Gotta love these backseat psychologists – I suppose we are all touched in the head.

If you don’t like it and feel it demeans you as a person – don’t log in anymore – problem solved.

There is so much stuff to really get upset over – this ain’t one of them.

dsslive.8473

It’s supposed to keep you playing through manipulation on a basic level. Rewards for little no effort. It’s mind boggling to see so many people here fail to grasp why this might be considered as unethical.

And how does that relate to the gemstore exactly? which my post was about.

If you care to read it again, i wasn’t talking about whether it was ethical or not, i was very obviously referring to the very ridiculous notion that this somehow results in anet taking your money.

“oh free stuff, now i must immediatly get that shiny gemstore item” said no one ever

The more likely thing to happen, is people will log in, grab the reward, log out.

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

Under the current system I complete my minimum 5 dailies through normal gameplay. If I want to earn extra APs I can.
Under the new system I will need to jump all over the map doing stuff that I have already done umpteen times before.
Which do system do you think is more enjoyable and interesting?
Personally I have to question the wisdom of making the actual playing of the game less interesting.

Crovax.7854

Really? I didn’t know the gemstore tab automatically goes open upon login, must be something new.

Oh sorry. It increases the chance of you seeing the new items, whereas it previously was 0. If you had actually read my whole post, that’s adressed towards the bottom

Gotta love these backseat psychologists – I suppose we are all touched in the head.

If you don’t like it and feel it demeans you as a person – don’t log in anymore – problem solved.

There is so much stuff to really get upset over – this ain’t one of them.

I do feel it demeans me as a person. The thing is, I like the game, this just makes it very hard to respect ANet as a company. Not playing is certainly an option, but I think simply ‘not giving them any money and not converting gold-gems’ will also do.
If people like this change, good on them. I don’t and I still think it has no place in a AAA MMO which I had to pay for to begin with.

(edited by Crovax.7854)

Filaha.1678

Oh sorry. It increases the chance of you seeing the new items, whereas it previously was 0. If you had actually read my whole post, that’s adressed towards the bottom

Actually, you’re wrong. If you don’t manually open the gem store, your chance of seeing the new gem store items is still 0. Unbind your gem store key, and boom, even less chance!

Also, dailies served the exact same purpose – a reason for logging in each day. And even more so, it required you to take some time to complete them rather than logging in, getting a reward, and logging out, thereby extending the chance that your finger might slip and hit that gem store key!

Have you been complaining about dailies all this time too? If not, you’re too late.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

So because someone doesn’t see this change in a negative light, you assume they are getting paid by anet?

Oh, haven’t you heard?
Everyone that doesn’t hate everything about the game is paid by ArenaNet.

Where the hell is my paycheck then? I’m feeling robbed.

How much you’re getting paid by Anet ? (answer carefully because the door can always hit you from behind)

So because someone doesn’t see this change in a negative light, you assume they are getting paid by anet?

No but his whole “psychiatrist torturing his mentally ill patient laying on the coach” type of questions and answers is typical to people who get paid to white-knight certain companies over internet. (which I’ve red about in newspaper)

I’ve seen a lot of people around here post like that. Both those for and against assorted Anet shenanigans.

“White Knights,” we need to start our own guild or something. Just to be that much more annoying.

Wasn’t there a thread awhile back talking about this very thing? IIRC a dev came in at one point, stated clearly that no one is being paid to post something positive on the forums. (aka “white knighting”)? (Devs and red tags excluded of course). I think the thread got shut down because they (the devs) felt insulted by the very idea…

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

dsslive.8473

Oh i read it, it jsut makes zero sense.

Logging in doesn’t automatically open up the gemstore tab, they will only see those items when they choose to look, and thus means they are interested in said.

And when people buy something, whether on the first day it got introduced or a week later, it’s because they want said item, not because suddenly we get free stuf for logging in that made them do so.

Erinyes.3596

You really assume that every person is completely feeble minded – just because I see something in a store doesn’t mean that I will buy it. Do you really think people have that little self control.

Even if they open the store every day – big deal – I actually welcome this – the other day I almost missed the sale on the storage expanders because I didn’t check the store. I’d be happy if they would show me the sales promotions because I constantly forget to check.

Spending money on a game and by doing so rewarding the makers of the game is power for the course. Why in the world would you not want to support a game that you obviously play a lot?

Crovax.7854

Actually, you’re wrong. If you don’t manually open the gem store, your chance of seeing the new gem store items is still 0. Unbind your gem store key, and boom, even less chance!

Also, dailies served the exact same purpose – a reason for logging in each day. And even more so, it required you to take some time to complete them rather than logging in, getting a reward, and logging out, thereby extending the chance that your finger might slip and hit that gem store key!

Have you been complaining about dailies all this time too? If not, you’re too late.

The launcher and the website very often feature new items and discounts. Point is, they want to keep you playing. Someone who playes this game is more likely to spend money on the store than someone who doesn’t.

As I said, this doesn’t force you to pay money, it incentivises, it aims to keep you playing actively, thus keeping you in the pool of potential gem buyers, but that’s how this kind of manipulation works. it’s subtle and not everybody will fall for it, just some but that’s enough to warrant this kind of sleazy behaviour for ANet it seems.

Here’s the part from my other post; I think you’ll maybe understand after reading it a second time.

You really assume that every person is completely feeble minded – just because I see something in a store doesn’t mean that I will buy it. Do you really think people have that little self control.

Even if they open the store every day – big deal – I actually welcome this – the other day I almost missed the sale on the storage expanders because I didn’t check the store. I’d be happy if they would show me the sales promotions because I constantly forget to check.

Spending money on a game and by doing so rewarding the makers of the game is power for the course. Why in the world would you not want to support a game that you obviously play a lot?

This isn’t aimed at the avarage player but at the ‘whales’ who spend hundreds of dollars on the store. I’m actually pretty sure a large part of players will be unaffected by this. The fact that ANet preys on those with poor impulse control doesn’t make it any better.

I want the game to do well and I want to give them my money but why like this? I know they are a business and a business is built to make money but you can still do that while respecting your customers as human beings.

(edited by Crovax.7854)

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

re: Really? I didn’t know the gemstore tab automatically goes open upon login, must be something new. – The gem store tab doesn’t automatically open. But if you don’t have the auto-play check-box checked, you get shown the news page. And gem store items are frequently mentioned in the news articles. So you’re potentially exposed to gem store items news each time you log in.(Just saying this to explain. I don’t necessarily agree with the people who are all hot and bothered over it. I’m not a lab rat, even if some people think they’re treating us like lab rats.)

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I’m not sure why the dailies keep getting reiterated on. Personally, I wonder how the game would go if dailies and laurels were deleted.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Danikat.8537

Just want to add that I’m very happy your progress doesn’t reset. Whenever I go see family out of state, it’s a toss up as to whether or not their internet connection is working so I don’t always get to log in to the game. (Yeah, they’re silly little noodles that way.) So thanks for not resetting my progress if I can’t log in!

I agree.

That was my first concern when I read about the new system. My schedule is pretty erratic so it’s rare for me to be able to log in every day. But this way I won’t actually miss out.

Well, no more than I already do. I’ll get the rewards slower, which is the same situation I’m in with everything else in the game.

dsslive.8473

This isn’t aimed at the avarage player but at the ‘whales’ who spend hundreds of dollars on the store. I’m actually pretty sure a large part of players will be unaffected by this. The fact that ANet preys on those with poor impulse control doesn’t make it any better.

Except that those “whales” will prety much buy that stuff anyway, since they’re know for spending a lot of money in the gemstore, whether they see it on day one of introduction or in the next couple of days/weeks. They’ll still buy it because , as you said, they have poor impulse control, nothing really changed on that front.

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

“Please don’t reward me and stop encouraging people to log-in every day”

Really people… really….

People in this community can literally bend over backwards to complain about anything.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Filaha.1678

The launcher and the website very often feature new items and discounts. Point is, they want to keep you playing. Someone who playes this game is more likely to spend money on the store than someone who doesn’t.

As I said, this doesn’t force you to pay money, it incentivises, it aims to keep you playing actively, thus keeping you in the pool of potential gem buyers, but that’s how this kind of manipulation works. it’s subtle and not everybody will fall for it, just some but that’s enough to warrant this kind of sleazy behaviour for ANet it seems.

Here’s the part from my other post; I think you’ll maybe understand after reading it a second time.

You missed the part about how dailies have been been serving the exact same purpose of encouraging daily logins for a long time now. It’s okay, I’ll wait for you to read that part and try to rebut about how you’re complaining about something that has been a thing for a long time now.

Dailies are specifically to encourage people logging in every day. Daily log-in rewards do not serve any different degree of encouragement.

If people didn’t find even dailies to be worth logging in each day for, why would they find login rewards suddenly worth logging in for?

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

Could we get an answer about what do we need to do to get laurels and mystic coins from our daily/monthly achievements and log in rewards?

So far i only know i will get to pick if i want to have a extra box full of laurels after logging in 28 times (28days) and i also know daily achievement will give out related rewards such as killing 3 peeps in wvw gives a extra bunch of badges.

Do we still get laurels and mystic coins after we do 3/3 daily achievements?

-Prices of mystic coins are already going up..

https://www.gw2tp.com/item/19976-mystic-coin

around 60k mystic coins were “removed” form the total supply of mystic coins that are sold on TP…in around 4 hours of time.

as in: 354k Mcoins at 6hours→>297k at 10hours

I can already hear the flippers rubbing their hands right now

(edited by Vukorep.3081)

Crovax.7854

You missed the part about how dailies have been been serving the exact same purpose of encouraging daily logins for a long time now. It’s okay, I’ll wait for you to read that part and try to rebut about how you’re complaining about something that has been a thing for a long time now.

Dailies are specifically to encourage people logging in every day. Daily log-in rewards do not serve any different degree of encouragement.

If people didn’t find even dailies to be worth logging in each day for, why would they find login rewards suddenly worth logging in for?

Dailies required actual work to be done. This doesn’t. Simple as that. Why reward this behaviour?
I know people from ANet read this, they read all of the forums and I know from another thread that ANet asks themselves before every update: would people quit over that?

I won’t quit, but I can promise you this, you won’t see any money from me ever again. This isn’t supposed to be dramatic or anything. People seem to like it as is their right but I don’t. I still stand by saying this cheap psychological tricks have no place in AAA development and for me personally, it’s enough to come to the conclusion that you don’t want my money. Dailies were fine because they were more than connecting a simple task (i.e. logging) in with rewards. They weren’t this basic; you had to go out into the world and do stuff. They were varied, (at least a bit) more than just a skinner box. This is the most basic form of conditioning.

You like free stuff, I get that, I just think the negatives outweigh the positives and we live in a world where not every decision can please everybody.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’ve had enough of the reading here. I can hardly wait to see what Reddit thinks.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Sounds more like, lets get players out of their routines and all over the available maps rather than spawn and then despawn the same series of maps every 15 minutes.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Danikat.8537

For some people the shift of rewards from completing dallies to simply logging in makes it less likely that they’ll see what’s in the gem store.

I actually want to check the gem store regularly for new minis and upgrades I want going on sale. But it’s never my top priority and I have a mind like a sieve sometimes so I often forget to check until I’ve been playing for a little while.

If I was just logging in to do the daily, get my laurel and leave I’d now only have to log in and then leave and I’d be even less likely to remember to look at the gem store.

Fortunately for Anet when I log in it’s because I want to actually play so I’ll probably still be logged in long enough for something to remind me to check.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

The good thing about the current dailies is how you can get them while playing and it doesn’t seem like a chore. I’d hate for a new system to change this where you have to do something very specific in a certain area (like those in the example pic) to get a reward.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

So now the only method I like of getting an ascended trinket once per month will be moved and for all my log in efforts I have to choose between getting laurels or getting the decent other goodies?

If they announced they were making ascended stuff and especially drops from fractals tradeable at the same time, I’d be happy enough with the change, which is just a copy/paste of the way other games are forcing players to log in to their game every day, but as it is this just makes it even less likely I will ever complete my toons ascended kit.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Erinyes.3596

You realize that you are living in a world where everywhere you go, everything you do is done exactly like this – it’s good business really.

Walk through a mall, a store, read the news, a magazine it is simply everywhere, you can’t escape it. ANet would be foolish not to employ methods that are working for virtually everything. Free samples at the supermarket, 30 day and your money back etc. etc. this kind of marketing is as old as the idea of marketing itself.

I admire your principles but you are living in a fantasy world if you think that you are insulated from this. ANet doesn’t treat us like lab rats, they are following marketing principles that work everywhere. It is you the educated consumer that will make the decision on whether to “buy” or not.

Filaha.1678

Dailies required actual work to be done. This doesn’t. Simple as that.

Right, this response was so predictable that I already posted the rebuttal.

In comparison between daily achievements and daily login rewards, the daily achievements required some work to do, lengthening the amount of time you’d be in the game and making you more likely to hit up the gem store because you’re spending more time in the game.

If someone is logging in literally only for the free daily rewards just for logging in but the 10 minutes it would take to do the easiest dailies was too much effort and they didn’t have that kind of time to spend on the game, then that person is not going to spend money in the gem store, because why would they spend money in the gem store when they don’t even want to play it for 10 minutes? If they’re only logging in because they can get something free for being on for 10 seconds and then logging out because dailies are too much time, they clearly do not have enough interest in the game to warrant gem store purchases.

You can toss around buzzwords all you want, but that doesn’t lend your complaints any credence.

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

You realize that you are living in a world where everywhere you go, everything you do is done exactly like this – it’s good business really.

Walk through a mall, a store, read the news, a magazine it is simply everywhere, you can’t escape it. ANet would be foolish not to employ methods that are working for virtually everything. Free samples at the supermarket, 30 day and your money back etc. etc. this kind of marketing is as old as the idea of marketing itself.

I admire your principles but you are living in a fantasy world if you think that you are insulated from this. ANet doesn’t treat us like lab rats, they are following marketing principles that work everywhere. It is you the educated consumer that will make the decision on whether to “buy” or not.

Yeah its kinda like getting your free sub card punched when you buy a sub sandwich somewhere. Alot of us are getting rewarded for something we are already doing anyway so alot of people are going to see it as positive. Myself included.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

Could we get an answer about what do we need to do to get laurels and mystic coins from our daily/monthly achievements and log in rewards?

So far i only know i will get to pick if i want to have a extra box full of laurels after logging in 28 times (28days) and i also know daily achievement will give out related rewards such as killing 3 peeps in wvw gives a extra bunch of badges.

Do we still get laurels and mystic coins after we do 3/3 daily achievements?

-Prices of mystic coins are already going up..

https://www.gw2tp.com/item/19976-mystic-coin

around 60k mystic coins were “removed” form the total supply of mystic coins that are sold on TP…in around 4 hours of time.

as in: 354k Mcoins at 6hours->>297k at 10hours

I can already hear the flippers rubbing their hands right now

Those flippers are setting themselves up for failure if the laurel/coin are shuffled to the daily login reward. Not only is there no new sink for mystic coins introduced with this change, meaning flat demand, but it could potentially become even easier to get a mystic coin just by logging in rather than completing your daily. Bad investment in my opinion.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I cash in laurels weekly for T6 bags which I sell the contents of. It’s a nice weekly kick in savings. Take this and the monthly 10 away that’s 40g of “free” coin a month.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

lordkrall.7241

I cash in laurels weekly for T6 bags which I sell the contents of. It’s a nice weekly kick in savings. Take this and the monthly 10 away that’s 40g of “free” coin a month.

Except that they aren’t removing the Laurels, they are just moving them.
As far as we know you will still net the same amount of laurels each month if you are actively playing.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Danikat.8537

Yeah its kinda like getting your free sub card punched when you buy a sub sandwich somewhere. Alot of us are getting rewarded for something we are already doing anyway so alot of people are going to see it as positive. Myself included.

And if you’re not doing it anyway there’s a good chance you’re not going to care about the reward. I’ve gotten a lot of those punch card type things, and I don’t think I’ve ever filled one because I don’t go often enough and in between I lose them or give up on filling it and throw it away.

I’ve never found a 1/2 used one and decided I should really buy more sandwiches or coffee or whatever in order to fill it and get my reward.

Even the supermarket I normally go to offering a reward card scheme doesn’t stop me going to the one that’s closer and cheaper if that’s more convenient. (The quality of their products on the other hand does persuade me to make the extra effort.)

But maybe I’m the weird one here. Earlier today I was trying to explain to someone why IMO the fact that I’ve owned and enjoyed every Nintendo console since the SNES is absolutely no reason to buy a Wii U unless and until they release games I want to play enough to justify the cost. I don’t really do company/product loyalty, even when I do find a company or product I love using.

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

People seem to be forgetting that the reward for completing 3 achievements is more than the rewards for completing all of the daily achievements. Making these achievements not be able to be completed passively seems justifiable to me.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

I wanted a reason to log in every day, but this is not what I meant. Yes, it could be an improvement if it’s done properly – sadly, I’m very doubtful of this (traits, NPE, etc come to mind). Please could we have some more actual fun, repeatable content in the game, something to play, while we’re waiting for the Living Story to be released?

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

As opposed to today, where one daily is kill TEN enemy invaders which is only one of four. 3 seems like a lot easier.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

This will help me. A lot of times I don’t have the time to grind out three PvP games, especially since they nerfed hotjoin, or time to get 10 WvW kills.

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

anyone noticed the “win 1 pvp match playing as a mezmer” ?

…think about it…anyone? aaaanyone??

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

By removing the daily and the monthly as it exists now they also removed the prime methods of obtaining laurels. Adding laurels to the new system as a reward would not be equal across the board so putting them as a daily log-in reward makes sense.

Theftwind (HoD)

Crovax.7854

Dailies required actual work to be done. This doesn’t. Simple as that.

Right, this response was so predictable that I already posted the rebuttal.

In comparison between daily achievements and daily login rewards, the daily achievements required some work to do, lengthening the amount of time you’d be in the game and making you more likely to hit up the gem store because you’re spending more time in the game.

If someone is logging in literally only for the free daily rewards just for logging in but the 10 minutes it would take to do the easiest dailies was too much effort and they didn’t have that kind of time to spend on the game, then that person is not going to spend money in the gem store, because why would they spend money in the gem store when they don’t even want to play it for 10 minutes? If they’re only logging in because they can get something free for being on for 10 seconds and then logging out because dailies are too much time, they clearly do not have enough interest in the game to warrant gem store purchases.

You can toss around buzzwords all you want, but that doesn’t lend your complaints any credence.

Just because you ignore what i said don’t make your points any more valid either.
I can only repeat myself at this point as your question is already answered: It’s supposed to push people over the edge who are unsure whether to log in or not. This is not aimed at the majority. The ‘first’ reward is being given out for just logging in. Next stage would be ‘doing dailies’ for an hour or so and voila, you’r actively playing again, back from having not played at all. What this change does is divides the perceived ‘barrier of entry’ from ‘having to log in and do dailies, which can be viewed as a lengthy process into stages 1’ log in and cash in reward #1’ and 2 ‘play a bit and cash in reward #2’.

I’m sorry if I use words you perceive as buzzwords but trying to get a point across in a foreign language you aren’t really good at isn’t always easy as you can hopefully understand. Please be a bit more forgiving if what I write sounds unprofessional or childish; I’m really trying hard to get my point across as best as possible.

I think we have to agree to disagree here. It’s great that some people seem to like it and I myself really like the daily AP rework overall.