Is it Time for Veteran content yet?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

Seeing as the decline of gw2 is slowly heading towards having nothing to do endgame except your daily routine or mindless zerg farm if that suits your cup of tea.

I feel its time to bring up the idea of endgame content. content wich is actually hard and not finishable in a week or even a month.

The way ‘explorable’ dungeons used to be considered as.

The way i see it the updates give any given player maybe one hour of gw2 gametime tops.

Im not talking about content for people who can only be bothered playing 30 minutes every day. Wich seems the be the brunt of gw2 atm.

The fact is and will remain more content is always better then less content.

If people get overwhelmed by more content, well to be quite frank, thats fine. Itll give those players something to do untill forever.

Right now the decline of updates is really growing weary on allot of players. i myself am pondering after playing since beta almost every day wheter or not it might be a better thing to just uninstall this game from my SSD for more space.

I personally dont like the teamplay aspect of pvp so i dont really bother with it anymore. because in essence the way guildwars 2 is designed its almost impossible to carry a bad team due to shere mechanics. (stuns/fears/cooldown on condi cleanse etc) you will never survive no matter how skilled you are. nor will you ever be capable of doing impossible stuff because in reality there is no reall killer way a skilled pvp player can play except with the social aspect of communication.

The PvE side isnt getting any better. we get a single story mission every 2 weeks wich is definatly not anything remotly endgame or another zerg farmfest. and to be frank. The entire LS has declined somuch in actuall content that i personally was suprised after finishing Aetherpath what we used to be getting.

Also what i am trying to say here give people something impossible to do.

Even if its just that one corner of SW where there is 1 boss wich is known to be near impossible but with a better chance to drop some sort of loot/tokens/anything that is worth figuring out for aleast a month. and after a month when that boss is finally downed and figured out. just create a new one. 1 mob wich is neigh impossible to kill = challenge for veterans + timesink. It can be a reskinned ‘Champion Veteran high Troll’ for all i care. aslong as theres a 90% chance of failure and not some simple mechanics you have to put into it to ‘beat’ the game and some decent loot added (in my personal opinion if you play something 8 hours a day trying to beat it the loot should be atleast as good as farming a profitable zone for 8 hours, so not 1 bag with 3 greens)

It doesnt have to be time consuming to build, it doesnt have to be in the way of the LS, it doesnt even have to be easily findable so the brunt of the 30 min players dont even know its there.

Just give us the veterans some cool boss every month or so, so we actually have a reason to show off our shiny legendaries with pure skill. instead of just idling in LA at the tailoring making ascended mats just to get more gold for more legendaries for no reason at all.

Im not even asking for much, just this one thing, try to divide your teams to what catters that % of actuall players. just to keep everyone happy. Because i know im not the only one whos bored as bleep and have 0 to no reason to repeat the content ive repeated for over a year now.

Posted by: Sogradde.8016

Sogradde.8016

We’ve been there. ANet doesn’t care. The only thing they care about is catering to new players to get more gemstore money.

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

ErazorZ.5209

Then i feel its my duty as every other veteran player to warn people playing gw2. Because i feel noone eventually wants to end with having nothing to do with no prospects to do anything. or extra content.

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

Has anet ever explicitly stated they care to put out more content for more dedicated players? Serious question here, I am all for it but the more I play gw2 the more I feel that the Devs have come to the conclusion that;

A) They are the smallest demographic of players
B) They demand the most and hardest to please
C) They are the quickest to complain and stir the controversy pot
D) They burn through content the fastest

All of these kinda spell out a why bother situation to me.

Just asking and I wish anet would say something of their intentions because if they don’t care to make content for dedicated players so that these players can move on and find something to satisfy them.

ErazorZ.5209

Has anet ever explicitly stated they care to put out more content for more dedicated players? Serious question here, I am all for it but the more I play gw2 the more I feel that the Devs have come to the conclusion that;

Just asking and I wish anet would say something of their intentions because if they don’t care to make content for dedicated players so that these players can move on and find something to satisfy them.

Thats the thing i guess. being strung allong with no prospect of good OR bad.
And i cant imagine if they can make whole farming zones with zerg bosses that 1 superduper hard boss is something they cant code or is too much.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Yes, the game needs new bosses, dungeons and fractals. Its getting boring to do the same stuff every time you play GW2. Living Story is somewhat boring story wise (too predictable and advancing too slowly) and offers no challenges at all.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Unfortunately I think all the veterans in most games are currently being displaced. I mean look around…
No new dungeons, wvw updates, or PvP (we’ll see in a few weeks)
I know Sapience left turbine after a similar and much more public realization. (Sapience was the dev in charge of lotro’s community team, until he announced that only 10% of the player base actually wanted ‘raid level’ endgame.)
Listen to any vanilla WoW fan and they’ll tell you the game is getting easier via nerfs and the like. (WoD excluded because I don’t know how that’s working out)…

Unfortunately devs are starting to ignore vets more and more, but not just here.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

you forgot E and E is the most important to any company

E) They are the largest source of additional Spending. That means spending extra Money on the Product or future Products.

This is why More successful companies cater to the core audience rather than pan handle to those less likely to pick up or stay or even show interest. When you give your dedicated audience what they want or ask for, and you do a GOOD JOB (this is key and super important) They will ENJOY IT and support you.

When you ignore them, they get angry they leave and warn other potential customers of poor support and service. They don’t spend money on you anymore, they question your every move and eventually end up not even giving suggestions. they just berate you.

If you don’t support your Core audience above any other they will lose trust in you and your product and given enough kitten ups and let downs… finding a new audience is the ONLY thing you will be able to do as trust is valuable and nearly impossible to restore once its lost.

As poor of a measure as the Forums can be, a well versed MMO’er or Gamer and Forum goer will notice a difference between the “elite” that will always find a fault and throw negativity at the devs and a community that is angry as a majority.

If the Community aka the “less elite” or “casual” is showing distress about the way you are doing something, its a sign that you are doing something very very wrong..

The Hardcore player is not the entire make up of the audience that needs to be catered too… its the CORE audience as a whole..

The dedicated player.

and if all the dedicated players are taking the time to ask “why” or “complain” or stir the kitten pot, Its a bad sign for a game and the relationship between the developers and the players.

Its a sign of a lack of trust.

Now, Go look around all the forums again and try to judge just how much trust there is between the dedicated Player and the Dev’s.

Be sure to grandfather in complaints and issues brought up forgotten and left unfixed from 2 years ago along with many past dedicated players that abandoned ship.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

I feel like they’re trying, but they focus so much on mindless grind that they forgot how to make things fun. The most enjoyable thing in the recent patch thus far is running around the Silverwastes looking for chests to open. I’m not kidding. It’s the most fun thing in the game right now for me. Maybe that was their goal though.

Oh and I like the map in general. It’s a bit harder to stay alive.

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

Then i feel its my duty as every other veteran player to warn people playing gw2. Because i feel noone eventually wants to end with having nothing to do with no prospects to do anything. or extra content.

Good luck with that. There are enough naive people on the internet who will fall for this trap of a game. Thats why this game is still running. For each vet quitting they simply fish another new player with 50% sales and stuff like this.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

And of course there are (god forbid!) vets that still enjoy the game despite how much so many others seem to hate it. We think its just fine without open world pvp, open world dueling, mounts, and the like.

Sure, we’d like some more maps. Maybe something along the lines of FoW or UW added to the game. But we don’t think it’s the end of world. Like a lot of people seem to think it is.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Yoroiookami.3485

And of course there are (god forbid!) vets that still enjoy the game despite how much so many others seem to hate it. We think its just fine without open world pvp, open world dueling, mounts, and the like.

Sure, we’d like some more maps. Maybe something along the lines of FoW or UW added to the game. But we don’t think it’s the end of world. Like a lot of people seem to think it is.

Don’t you feel like MMORPGs should entertain you(as a player) for years? :I

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

E) They are the largest source of additional Spending. That means spending extra Money on the Product or future Products.

What do you base that on? Do you have any sources to back up that assertion?

because I strongly doubt there’s any truth to it.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: amnestyplox.5427

amnestyplox.5427

Definitely. I just quit. Again. Every time, I get a group of friends starting GW2, but we always stop playing it after like a month because we’ve already done everything in the game. Trust me, I love GW2, but I just can’t push myself to play it anymore.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Definitely. I just quit. Again. Every time, I get a group of friends starting GW2, but we always stop playing it after like a month because we’ve already done everything in the game. Trust me, I love GW2, but I just can’t push myself to play it anymore.

Oh, you already have all Legendaries, collected all (obtainable) mini’s, completed all collections, filled up your wardrobe and completed every achievement in the game then?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

LanfearShadowflame.3189

They entertain me for as long as they entertain me. Why plan on something doing anything for years? Too much commitment. Too much pressure. For something that is supposed to simply be “fun.”

The only thing I “plan” on for “years” is working and paying taxes. That, unfortunately, just doesn’t end until I’m old enough to retire (ha ha good joke) or I die. Whichever comes first.

What matters is that GW2 entertains me now, and it will for the foreseeable future. Of course, if I opt to go play something else because the whim takes me, I can. It will still be right here waiting when I come back. May I need to pay for a few LS patches? Sure, but really that’s not any different (to me) than having to buy the latest expansion to other games if I walk away from them and come back later on.

I don’t play GW2 like its a job. Like it’s something I have to commit to every day. If I get bored, I take a few days off. If I log on and discover I just don’t feel like playing, I go do something else. Its probably because of this casual approach that I’m not bored senseless with the game. I have played games (looking at you WoW) where I did have to treat the game like it was a second job. Where I had to log in every day, and I had to commit part of my life to it. Guess what, after 7 months, I couldn’t stand it anymore. I played GW1 not quite as casually as I play GW2, but same concept. It wasn’t / isn’t a job and I still play it because of that. I have more than 40 characters in GW1, and 16 thus far in GW2. As causally as I play, I have no trouble “losing” 8 hours to the game and not have a clue where all the time went. But hey, that’s just me.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

All I ask is that they diversify their design a bit.

Right now it’s a lot of open world content. I’d love if they would give us something with a little challenge, give me another lupi!

I realize those that want that higher level of challenge are in the minority, but they are still there, giving us a bone every now and then isn’t too much to ask for is it?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Right now it’s a lot of open world content. I’d love if they would give us something with a little challenge, give me another lupi!

I realize those that want that higher level of challenge are in the minority, but they are still there, giving us a bone every now and then isn’t too much to ask for is it?

Like the Triple Wurm and the Tequatl update you mean?
Or high level fractals with the Mist Instabilities?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

LanfearShadowflame.3189

He specifically mentioned Lupi, so maybe something more along the lines of Liadri? Something to test their individual skill. Like solo/duo farming UW or FoW. Or mission running in GW1. Where individuals could challenge themselves and not necessarily feel ‘dragged down’ by having to do it with a group.

Nothing wrong with wanting some content like that. But there are also those that want group content of similar difficulty. And yet others than want more pvp modes. And others that want more wvw maps, more wvw functionality. Others than want gvg. Others that want new full maps for exploration. Etc

The issue is which gets priority and how many resources can be devoted to it. Most people want everything now, especially considering the game is aging; however, it just doesn’t work that way.

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

Unfortunately I think all the veterans in most games are currently being displaced. I mean look around…
No new dungeons, wvw updates, or PvP (we’ll see in a few weeks)
I know Sapience left turbine after a similar and much more public realization. (Sapience was the dev in charge of lotro’s community team, until he announced that only 10% of the player base actually wanted ‘raid level’ endgame.)
Listen to any vanilla WoW fan and they’ll tell you the game is getting easier via nerfs and the like. (WoD excluded because I don’t know how that’s working out)…

Unfortunately devs are starting to ignore vets more and more, but not just here.

I used to play LOTRO and you are right about what Sapience said. Heck there was a very big community who did none of the raids or big end game content. The devs shifted a lot of group only content over to single player content.

I think you are right that the traditional end game is a minority in the MMO community now a days.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

Oh, you already have all Legendaries, collected all (obtainable) mini’s, completed all collections, filled up your wardrobe and completed every achievement in the game then?

Point 1-4 are basically thousands of hours running around in circles or running the same dungeons over and over again.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

People tend to forget that veteran players are also the easiest to get back to a game if new content is added. even if it insn’t veteran content

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Malediktus.9250

I got all legendaries I am interested in (Eternity, Juggernaut and 2x Rodgort), completed most collections except black lion weapons (7 sets completed), wardrobe looks pretty good as far as I can tell, 25612 achievement points (almost all realistic achievements done, maybe 200pts to go if I finish edge of the mist and weapon master stuff), all minis except llama and gwynefyrdd (and the ones not ingame)
good enough for you?

GrandmaFunk.3052

25612 achievement points

How many hours of playtime did that take.. I’m guessing it’s well over 2k?

do you realistically expect Anet to create/support enough content to match your consumption rate?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

“we get a single story mission every 2 weeks”. we get multiple missions every 2 weeks. And the amount of time it takes to do the content added isn’t how long it takes to do the story missions once any more than a raid only adds 4 hours of content from a single playthrough. You are meant to play the episode, play it again for achievements, get the collection for the armor piece, and then play the new map for the rewards from the vendors. I am still not done with dry top. Not until I make every weapon from there.

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

Malediktus.9250

25612 achievement points

How many hours of playtime did that take.. I’m guessing it’s well over 2k?

do you realistically expect Anet to create/support enough content to match your consumption rate?

I played 7280 hours but thats not the point. We are getting almost no content. Just 30min “fast food” updates in the form of living story. Close to nothing with replay value. Dry Top was ok, but it takes only 1 month to farm the whole set @ one t6 run per day. But there is no challenge in dry top, you just need people to spread out over the map.

Only challenge in this game is the 3 headed wurm. Tequatl is ultra boring nowadays. I cant remember when I failed it last time and I do it as melee commander on unorganized maps.

Only the achievement system is keeping me going to be honest. If the achievements wouldnt exist I had quit approx. 6280 hours of playtime ago. The game needs content with replay value. Things you cant earn in a few hours of game time or buy in gemshop.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

GrandmaFunk.3052

I played 7280 hours but thats not the point.

It is absolutely the point.

you’ve averaged 67.5 hours per week of game time since release… that’s easily 20-40 times more than what they can produce in the same time frame.

it’s impossible for them to keep up with your pace.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Malediktus.9250

I played 7280 hours but thats not the point.

It is absolutely the point.

you’ve averaged 67.5 hours per week of game time since release… that’s easily 20-40 times more than what they can produce in the same time frame.

it’s impossible for them to keep up with your pace.

They just need to make content with replay value instead of making do once and forget living story. A few new dungeons with according armor and weapon sets would keep people busy a long time. Obviously I would be “done” faster with it than the average people, but by now even the casuals should have done each and every dungeon multiple times. The dungeons are over 2 years old except one path which replaced another path! Thats a horrible long time in a MMO. The last fractal update is over 1 year ago, too.
You know content which is fun (or at least worth grinding) playing over and over with a guild or friend goes a long way to keep a game alive. I see no reason to replay the living story episodes after the really easy and quick achievements are done.

Of course if you make do once and you are done with it forever content will keep core players not busy. Its something you can do for a single player game, but a bad idea for MMOs.

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Funny, with a job, social life and other commitments, I’ve only managed to clock up 820 hours across my four characters since beta and have yet to experience most dungeons (CBA with the elitism and speedrunners), don’t have a single legendary and certainly don’t feel like I’ve exhausted or grinded out everything this game has to offer.

Seriously, it sounds like you’ve played this game non-stop since it launched. Take a break.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Malediktus.9250

Funny, with a job, social life and other commitments, I’ve only managed to clock up 820 hours across my four characters since beta and have yet to experience most dungeons (CBA with the elitism and speedrunners), don’t have a single legendary and certainly don’t feel like I’ve exhausted or grinded out everything this game has to offer.

Seriously, it sounds like you’ve played this game non-stop since it launched. Take a break.

I did take a break. I played TESO and Wildstar in between. And 820 hours is plenty of time to play all the content at least 3x and have 2 legendaries. No idea what you have been doing.
The content in this game lasts about 200 hours if you try repeat nothing at all. But repeating stuff is the nature of a MMO (since it takes multiple times longer to create and polish content than playing through it), so the companies need to make sure that repeating things feels fun and rewarding as long as possible. And I dont feel like the living story is doing a good job at it except for a few exceptions.

GrandmaFunk.3052

he’s been enjoying himself at a reasonable pace.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Castrin.8972

Castrin.8972

Seeing as the decline of gw2 is slowly heading towards having nothing to do endgame ….

{snip}

… what i am trying to say here give people something impossible to do.

So 2-3 impossible for ANYONE to solo world events is not enough for you?! How many would make you happy? 10? 20 One per week for how long?

For such a small segment of the community I just don’t see Anet doing that.

Im not even asking for much, just this one thing, try to divide your teams to what catters that % of actuall players. just to keep everyone happy. Because i know im not the only one whos bored as bleep and have 0 to no reason to repeat the content ive repeated for over a year now.

But you see, it’s only to keep you and the very few like you happy. The rest of us are pretty happy already. Growing world, new harder content, new rewards, and more on the way. Map could get expanded a bit faster but it’s a minor point. I see people get constantly downed in SW so I know it’s not a push over and I’ve only been part of one full map win since it came out. The team work needed is fun and refreshing.

To stop all that and focus on some ubber boss so you can get super shinies just doesn’t make much sense. Plus it’s already been tried and is in the process of failing … hard. It’s called Wildstar.

Maybe you should really get back out and play the game instead of sitting in LA all sad and QQ.

Peace.

Grandmaster
Order of the Empyrean Shield [OES]

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Exactly this. Enjoying myself, not steamrolling through everything.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Yoroiookami.3485

They entertain me for as long as they entertain me. Why plan on something doing anything for years? Too much commitment. Too much pressure. For something that is supposed to simply be “fun.”

The only thing I “plan” on for “years” is working and paying taxes. That, unfortunately, just doesn’t end until I’m old enough to retire (ha ha good joke) or I die. Whichever comes first.

What matters is that GW2 entertains me now, and it will for the foreseeable future. Of course, if I opt to go play something else because the whim takes me, I can. It will still be right here waiting when I come back. May I need to pay for a few LS patches? Sure, but really that’s not any different (to me) than having to buy the latest expansion to other games if I walk away from them and come back later on.

I don’t play GW2 like its a job. Like it’s something I have to commit to every day. If I get bored, I take a few days off. If I log on and discover I just don’t feel like playing, I go do something else. Its probably because of this casual approach that I’m not bored senseless with the game. I have played games (looking at you WoW) where I did have to treat the game like it was a second job. Where I had to log in every day, and I had to commit part of my life to it. Guess what, after 7 months, I couldn’t stand it anymore. I played GW1 not quite as casually as I play GW2, but same concept. It wasn’t / isn’t a job and I still play it because of that. I have more than 40 characters in GW1, and 16 thus far in GW2. As causally as I play, I have no trouble “losing” 8 hours to the game and not have a clue where all the time went. But hey, that’s just me.

You play it casually and yet you have 16 characters? How does that work? I have 11 and I play it almost every day with monthly breaks here and there.
I’m not sure where the rest of the information came from, as I didn’t really ask for nor say any of those things. I’m a bit confused there.
What I meant is – if it’s an mmorpg, it should keep the majority of players busy for years. With Guild Wars 2, it just seems like there’s not that much to do…and I’m slightly worried that adding some new gear to grind for won’t help it much. I’m sure/I hope that more casual players can still enjoy it, but I was hoping for more.
This game has a huge potential. It would be foolish not to ask the devs for more and help them go in the right direction. Hence threads like this one. It’s not perfect, there are things to improve. Majority of my friends from 2 years ago didn’t log in since. For me it seems like this game doesn’t have that much to keep you going atm. Maybe it’s just me though. (And hundreds of other vets making these topics on the forums)

Malediktus.9250

Exactly this. Enjoying myself, not steamrolling through everything.

Thats great if you can do that. But looking at the retention rate based on my friendlist and past guilds many people grow bored and leave quickly after they reach lvl 80. But I guess Anet just doesnt care as long as enough new players are flowing in.
Most people who log in daily (again based on my friend list and past guilds) since release are either hardcore WvW players or achievement hunters from my experience.

But what would the game be without all the (hard)core players who organise the events and populate the game world for the casuals? Sure solo players might not notice much, but anyone who is looking for a MMO feeling would. They core players are who carry you in WvW, Tequatl, 3 headed wurm, t5-6 dry top etc

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

After reading a couple posts, it seems there is a confusion between ‘Veteran’ (Someone who has been with the game for a majority of its life and/or a few years at least) and a ‘Hardcore Player’ (Someone who achieves a minimum threshold level of commitment/dedication to the game).

As someone stated above…

…all qualities of the ‘Hardcore Player’.

As for the suggestion, ESO had “Veteran” content complete with “V” levels. It was bad.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

You’re playing semantics (oh the surprise that you’d do so…..) and it’s unhelpful and patronising. If a person has 100% map completion, done all personal stories, done plenty of days of WvW, spvp, done every dungeon/fractal, all world bosses incluing Wurm and Tequatl, then it’s quite reasonable for them to say they’ve done everything in game as it’s pretty obvious they’re talking activities. A new map or a new dungeon would be “new things” for them. Whilst your definition of gathering ever single thing in game and completing every achievement isn’t wrong regarding ‘doing things’, it isn’t the only correct definition.

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

He specifically mentioned Lupi, so maybe something more along the lines of Liadri? Something to test their individual skill. Like solo/duo farming UW or FoW. Or mission running in GW1. Where individuals could challenge themselves and not necessarily feel ‘dragged down’ by having to do it with a group.

I would love something like that here. In GW1 I spent a good amount of time in UW. Still log on and farm a few ectos every now and then too.

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

To all the casuals speaking like “We happy you go away”:
Hardcore players are as much customers as you are and they deserve as much consideration as you. No hardcore player here has once stated “stop making LS and focus on hardcore content only”, it’s rightful to demand something that will appeal them -us- as well. Because…if you were the minority in the game and devs were only adding uber hard content which would be doable by hardcore players only, you would be as frustrated and concerned.
Not to mention that most of the casual players I have met so far (quite over 50 between guilds and friend list) either have quit the game or constantly complain the game lacks content…
What I personally want to see is: more dungeons, more fractals, more hard content that doesn’t require 560000 people led by 400 commanders in which each person will have to spam either skill 1 or skill 2 repeatedly to get sand as reward. I’m bored of spending 1 hour refreshing LFG open world section to find a decent SW.
Plus, Tequatl difficult? Really? Well, for people unable to read and turn what they read into action no doubt. 3-wurm same, after the third time beating it I realized the real challenge in that group event is to end up in a map where it is organized, since not even TS in GW2community can ensure you’ll manage to find a spot in the right map before it gets full.

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

ErazorZ.5209

If the cassuals who are still ‘enjoying’ the roots of the game, thats fine.
But for anyone who figures out allot of stuff relatively quickly, finishes all the content in a breeze because of it. Should they get punished with absolutely no content at all. If yes please Anet tell us so we can all leave.

Just because we are a small demographic and the brunt of players are people who only recently started out/are playing the game at a slower pace, doesnt mean we should get left out at everything.

In my personal opinion i heard allot of good things about liadri back in the day. Why cant we, the veterans, have a small portion at least in the game?

Im not asking for a complete revamp of content, neither am i asking for a huge overly done elite mordremoth spawn every month. Im asking for 1 legendary VETERAN jungle troll who doesnt just get facerolled when you understand what a good build is and how to play it. with corrosponding rewards.

I dont get why people are against that.

All im asking is replayable content for hardcore/veteran people. Nothing big, nothing fancy, just gametime i can spend without having to farm all day. because people like us, who do understand how the game mechanic can maximise potency are bored.

I dont care if you have a legendary or not. i dont care for a legendary myself either, because it is nothing more then farming. doing mundane tasks to get gold at a slow pace. because even if it grants me a shiny, it doesnt grant me the feeling of an epic adventure i had to overcome because there is nothing to overcome.

Its literally like that title ‘been there, done that’

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

~Snip~
but by now even the casuals should have done each and every dungeon multiple times. The dungeons are over 2 years old except one path which replaced another path! Thats a horrible long time in a MMO. The last fractal update is over 1 year ago, too.
~Snip~

How wrong you are, I’ve been playing since the very first BWE, with the exception of time off during LS1 because it didn’t interest me in the slightest. I haven’t completed all dungeons, as a matter of fact, I haven’t even set foot in all dungeons, and the only time I did Fractals was before the rest of you got to even see them, they were okay, but nothing I was interested in doing live. You obviously have no concept, nor could you, of what a casual player really is…sometime that might take a year or more to just complete the Personal Story, or not even get through 5 zones…that maybe plays once or twice a month. Hell, honestly, GW2 can be picked up and put down and picked up again at any time…that’s they way it was designed, marketed and sold…if anyone thinks otherwise then they had blinders on.

P.S. – I don’t nor wouldn’t mind if they added more “veteran” content, which is exactly what the last two zones, DT and SW, are, I’m not against it, as a matter of fact I usually just stay in SW myself…but not just spamming 1, that takes to f’ing long, I read the monster descriptions and fight them accordingly…I’m amazed at all the people complaining about the Teragriff’s…as if they’re hard or something.

@ErazorZ…it’s not your job or responsibility to tell someone else whether or not to play this game, you don’t want to play it, fine, but let others make their own decisions…everyone has the right to decide for themselves what they want to play, regardless of what you think of the game.

(edited by Zaklex.6308)

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

I read a couple of words, but it’s too much wot (wall of text) so I’ll just reply base on title.

Vet Contents:
New FotM paths
New TA path
L.S. Episodes
EotM
Ranked PvP
New APs
New Collections
New skins
All Legendary
Twice Told, if you have all Legendaries
World Record Dungeon/Champion Clear/Kill
Ascended (all armor tiers, all weapons, all types)
New Crafting Recipes

I have been playing since launch, I only have 4 Legendaries and I barely break Lv50 at WvW. I only have one full set of Ascended Armor and still missing maxing out all crafting professions. I have yet to become really good in TP buy/sell, and still trying to get Rhendak’s Signet. And I still can’t solo any dungeon..

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

And I still can’t solo any dungeon..

Story Mode or Explorer?

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

sorry for the terribly late reply but heres what 5 minutes on Google found for me.

http://freetoplay.biz/2007/08/02/top-10-revenue-models-for-free-to-play-games/

Look at the numbers in each player base for the Cash influx.

I could look longer and find much more, theres been dozens if not hundreds of reports to support the claim that it is a small sub section of players (aka the core or “hardcore” audience) that actually generate revenue for Developers or studios or companies in general.

The average casual user is most likely not going to become or start out “investing” into a produce beyond an initial purchase.

If you don’t cater in some measure to your tiny audience that is actually invested then you end up with a lot of unhappy people and a small trickle of cash to plug holes in a sinking ship.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

It’s beyond time.

It’s probably 18 months past when veteran content should have been added.

Unfortunately Anet won’t implement it because we’re not worthy.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It’s beyond time.

It’s probably 18 months past when veteran content should have been added.

Unfortunately Anet won’t implement it because we’re not worthy.

So two new zones aren’t veteran content? Or are you thinking veteran content is only dungeons?

The problem is there are people assuming all veterans want the same stuff…I see no evidence of that.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I’m talking about end-game content, such as revisited version/iterations of Fissure of Woe, Underworld, Urgoz’s Warren, The Deep, etc. That was end-game content. It required skill, knowledge and a good cooperative team to execute successfully.

What we have right now is fractals (which some people get bored of very easily) and not even a hard mode for dungeons. Just because you have two new L80 zones which are getting thinner by the day (yes I’ve seen it happen for myself) which are LS-invoked hardly qualifies it as veteran content.

Obviously the game needs more challenging content in ALL modes of gameplay, but our voices aren’t being heard… and even if they are, there’s no way they’ll respond back with “yes we can implement this”… why is that? (besides being mentioned in a CDI) Oh that’s right, the policy, again.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m talking about end-game content, such as revisited version/iterations of Fissure of Woe, Underworld, Urgoz’s Warren, The Deep, etc. That was end-game content. It required skill, knowledge and a good cooperative team to execute successfully.

What we have right now is fractals (which some people get bored of very easily) and not even a hard mode for dungeons. Just because you have two new L80 zones which are getting thinner by the day (yes I’ve seen it happen for myself) which are LS-invoked hardly qualifies it as veteran content.

Obviously the game needs more challenging content in ALL modes of gameplay, but our voices aren’t being heard… and even if they are, there’s no way they’ll respond back with “yes we can implement this”… why is that? (besides being mentioned in a CDI) Oh that’s right, the policy, again.

So, as I always ask, what percentage of the playerbase ever did those things, or did them regularly.

I played Guild Wars 1 for well over five years. During that time, I did all of the end game instances once. That’s it. Once. It wasn’t fun for me. It wasn’t entertaining. It was annoying. It’s not why I play this game. I assume I’m not alone. Well I know I’m not because I play with other people like me.

The traditional thought of many players who like that sort of thing is that most people like that sort of thing…but I’m not sure it’s true.

I think if a lot of people by percentage did run DOA or The Underworld or FoW, then Anet would have put more of it in Guild Wars 2. They didn’t.

Maybe there’s a reason for that.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

You sound like you’re being picked on by Anet.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

sorry for the terribly late reply but heres what 5 minutes on Google found for me.

http://freetoplay.biz/2007/08/02/top-10-revenue-models-for-free-to-play-games/

Look at the numbers in each player base for the Cash influx.

I could look longer and find much more, theres been dozens if not hundreds of reports to support the claim that it is a small sub section of players (aka the core or “hardcore” audience) that actually generate revenue for Developers or studios or companies in general.

The average casual user is most likely not going to become or start out “investing” into a produce beyond an initial purchase.

If you don’t cater in some measure to your tiny audience that is actually invested then you end up with a lot of unhappy people and a small trickle of cash to plug holes in a sinking ship.

You couldn’t find anything newer? It’s an ancient article.

But what I really want to ask is why do you assume it’s the hardcore player shelling out the money? My understanding is that it’s the casual player spending the money. They don’t want to work for their achievements so they are more likely to buy them

Many Hardcores on the other hand find a sense of pride in earning achievements and consider it less satisfying to purchase items with money.