Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

How can Anet talk about HoT Adventures and not talk about Software Adventure Box?

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

I really thought when they unveiled the adventure system that sab would make a great addition to it. Comparing my tribulation times with my guildies would have been loads of fun.

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

The SAB trolling is real, ArenaNet, just laughed so hard watching Jennifer Hale cook (on a gaming stream). Amazing and cringe worthy at the same time.

But that intro and outro music and the SAB feels… in the triva and during the live performance SAB trolling for everyone.

Therodin.2970

They are professional sab trolls. Because they literally made money off of trolling us last time when they released the sab mini’s again without telling us that that did not mean sab was coming back.

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They are professional sab trolls. Because they literally made money off of trolling us last time when they released the sab mini’s again without telling us that that did not mean sab was coming back.

100,000 views…

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

Maybe if SAB comes back. But that won’t be for a while after the expansion.

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

+1 for SAB coming back. Best mingame ever!

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

All I wanted is the SAB’s finisher to be available again…

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

I’ve been loving the “prestige value” it has at the moment – everyone always screams their love of SAB when I bring it out.

With that said, I’d love to see it return whenever SAB returns, as I have regretted not buying the World 2 one every since.

Therodin.2970

I would also like to buy the sab finisher, i didn’t realize how much i would eventually get into pvp

Therodin.2970

That and the sab finisher are both things i really want.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3m5utc/super_adventure_box_in_mario_maker/

Just play this til the actual thing comes back. The platforming in Mario Maker is light years better anyways.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

That’s cute, but it require at least two things I don’t have. Besides, I really have no interested in a 2D interpretation of SAB, I want the full experience.

Now, if you could substitute Mario for Link with sword, bow and bombs I might almost be interested.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

aaaaaand… that’s two years that the Infinite Continue Coin has done nothing more than take up a bank tab.

To those who forward the “It’s coming back” excuse regarding refunds, two questions:

1) Is two years long enough for the requests for refunds to be justified in your mind?
2) Is there ANY length of time that ANet could hold on to customer money for a service they aren’t providing that you would have issue with?

At this point I’m struggling to see this as anything other than at best shocking treatment of customers, and at worst basically theft (not sure the exact legal term for taking money for something then not providing it). I realise that it isn’t that much money, but in terms of the principle of how to handle customer, that’s not really the point. They haven’t even apologised, as far as I’m aware.

Therodin.2970

I don’t want them to refund the infinite continue coin but i want people to keep asking for refunds. Because i feel like the day they refund those will be the day that SAB actually dies.

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

1) Is two years long enough for the requests for refunds to be justified in your mind?
2) Is there ANY length of time that ANet could hold on to customer money for a service they aren’t providing that you would have issue with?

1) Yes absolutely, having said that I have been of the mindset that people were justified in asking for refunds pretty much ever since the interview that spawned the original topic that has become this dumping ground of SAB posts (I don’t mean to be overly negative but sometimes the merges make posts that make sense outside of this topic lose their meaning when merged).

2) The phrasing here is quite confusing, they are not holding onto any money… you paid for an item, presumably got uses out of it and that’s that. Now the implied value of the item is up for debate (most points of which I entirely agree with), but the use of word service is not justified here.

Most people forwarding ArenaNet’s stance on refunds are likely doing so as a means of forwarding information, I have rarely seen people that genuinely agree with their reasoning. Howevever, as Therodin said the moment they start systematically issuing refunds for ICC can be seen as a silent confirmation that SAB is dead for good… which is why I personally hope they don’t do that even though I believe people are entirely justified in asking for said refunds.

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

Every now and then my kid asks me about when we can play “the jumping game” again and its so disappointing to explain that the people who made it took it away and there’s no way to know if it will ever come back.

RIP SAB

Therodin.2970

I have no idea how interviewers decide which questions to ask ANET staff, but i imagine it takes more than a person or two wanting to know before they decide the question is worth the time. And in many interviews the people get asked about super adventure box so i feel like there are a noticeable amount of people who care about it.

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

No doubt there are lots of people who care about it.
I suspect that anet just thinks this is a case of a rabid, vocal minority based on the poor performance metrics of SAB: Back to School.

They aren’t doing anything because they believe SAB will not generate sufficient returns to justify the investment of time and money to (a) fix the physics problems, (b) update the content (W2 hello!), and © design W3 (because there’s no way they will relaunch SAB without a new world launch to help draw players). I think it’s been thoroughly hashed out why many people think those metrics don’t accurately reflect player sentiment toward the content itself (simultaneous release with ascended weapons, WvW season 1, bugs, etc…). But, until they feel otherwise, we’re stuck.

Maybe a SAB kickstarter would help.

Therodin.2970

There was already a sab petition that got a large amount of signatures. I think the problem with trying anything like that now is that a lot of people that did care about sab have probably stopped playing. And the chunk of players we have gotten since then have never tried sab so wouldn’t support it.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

SAB fun in LA just because

Attachments:

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Anet bring back SaB or ill send my Bone Minions to nibble on your toes!

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Therodin.2970

The sab circle has been completed!

Posted by: Mufasa.8415

Mufasa.8415

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Drunken Mufasa
The Stonemouth Keep
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Everything in this game deserves resources more than SAB. I hope it never comes back, good riddance.

Therodin.2970

You can’t like everything in a game, you shouldn’t deny other people happiness.

Posted by: SakuraJD.4720

SakuraJD.4720

cant even get the devs to comment on it anymore.. goin on two years since it was last available to us. Are you really SO sure its not going to be worth it, ANet? or is this actually NCSoft bearing down on you?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Maybe we can have SAB raids now?

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

That red Super Rifle would look sweet on my Engineer.

Nova [rT]

Posted by: King Dhuum.2416

King Dhuum.2416

What is this SAB super adventure box? Any fun?

Why would they lock out additional content?

We paid the programmers that made the content! Why punish those of us that dont have time to play GW2 every day, of every week of every month in every year!

Azure Prower.8701

What is this SAB super adventure box? Any fun?

Why would they lock out additional content?

We paid the programmers that made the content! Why punish those of us that dont have time to play GW2 every day, of every week of every month in every year!

https://youtu.be/gnWugcmAFKk

Plenty of other videos of it on youtube.

Therodin.2970

I was just thinking about how much i would like to upgrade my yellow staff with a bit of red….

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Everything in this game deserves resources more than SAB. I hope it never comes back, good riddance.

Given that they sold an item pertaining to SAB for real money, your tone is incredibly disrespectful to the users who trusted in ANET enough to make that purchase, and who believed that the precedent had been set- Worlds 1 and 2 were 5 months apart. So please explain to me how anyone could have foreseen that world 3 (and, presumably, 4) would be in excess of two years (probably closer to never at this point) apart?

Your whole post is just spiteful and inflammatory.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Somehow we missed the 2 year anniversary of SAB being closed to launch another occupy sab movement. Well, the way things are going we can still celebrate the 3 year anniversary with protests, burning golems and another 50 pages of forum disappointment.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Sharingandid.1540

Sharingandid.1540

I’ve been taking a break from the game till it came back because it was so addictive and fun! Thanks

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Nope not back yet………

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I was under the impression it can’t come back because some changes in the core game weren’t mirrored in SAB.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Alkalissa.1706

Alkalissa.1706

We only got 2 our of 4 worlds so far, so I think it’s pretty safe to assume it will be back at some point. All the level designers and programmers would have been busy on HoT for a long while now, so it’s probably been on hold.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I was under the impression it can’t come back because some changes in the core game weren’t mirrored in SAB.

This is indeed true. At least until they have the time and resources to put a bunch of people working on rebuilding it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

From my understanding, and I’m just going off what I remember from a dev post on this, SAB needs a rework, completely.

A lot of the changes to GW2 have broke SAB and with them being busy with HoT, they haven’t had a chance to fix SAB. So right now, it is out of commission for awhile. After things cool down with HoT, and they have some breathing room, they’ll start work on SAB again. Though when that happens, is anybody’s guess.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

soon (with the tm thing i can’t do on my keyboard)

Therodin.2970

I hope sab comes back and will be very happy if it ever does. And they should bring it out as soon as possible because of the ICC or at least refund the ICC. But realistically it is never coming back. There will always be something they want to spend resources on more than sab. Fixing Hot, Living world season 3, next expansion, guild wars 4 (4 will be so great that they skip 3 altogether.).

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

I hope sab comes back and will be very happy if it ever does. And they should bring it out as soon as possible because of the ICC or at least refund the ICC. But realistically it is never coming back. There will always be something they want to spend resources on more than sab. Fixing Hot, Living world season 3, next expansion, guild wars 4 (4 will be so great that they skip 3 altogether.).

indeed im so hyped for gw4

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

The 3rd sequel is always the worst, so let’s skip that one lol.^^
I just really hope that they’ll make SAB highest priority after HoT release and some initial bug fixes, so that it is in a releasable state by April next year. ANet already made clear that they’ll rework some of world 2 and most likely add world 3 before releasing SAB again.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

It also can’t come back because they haven’t been working on SAB at all, so there’s that. Confirmed in a few interviews; I’m not just spouting nonsense. I’d cite for you, but they leave news in the weirdest places and I just can’t be bothered.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Mufasa.8415

Mufasa.8415

Bring back SAB please. Puzzle Jumper’s Haven. Nostalgia of Heavens.

Drunken Mufasa
The Stonemouth Keep
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

I’d like to see it not only come back, but inspire an alternate ‘simulation’.
Super Adventure RPG, a riff on classic 8/16 bit RPGs with party members being filled out by ‘Heros’ like GW1 (or other players) and modified/simplified class-specific abilities/mechanics.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Azure Prower.8701

Remember, remember. SAB was last released back in 2013, September.