It's been done now leave thanks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Rewards, game needs to feel rewarding. Rare should drop a bit more “in the wild”. Give us a reason to not just skip all mobs. Exotics a bit more from World Events/dungeons. Hard Mode added (instanced content). Re-playable Personal Story. Re-playable Living Story, Season 1. Let us salvage rewards (Karma). Ability to sell rewards (player and/or vendor). Unique sellable skins dropped in Hard Mode for dungeons/P.-/L.Story. Prestige items from collecting trophies, e.g., Chaos Gloves from GW. Player housing, furniture, “decoration” obtained from crafting and game content. Daily quests in the style of Zaishen quests from GW (bonus reward for doing task in new Hard Mode). Epic, long/time-consuming, repeatable quest to obtain a precursor. Trade function for safe player to player trading. New content, dungeons, maps (PvE, sPvP, WvW Borderlands), game modes (sPvP; e.g., Capture the Flag). Expanded Collections (in-game), e.g., phantasm-weapons (Whisperblade types).

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Alright, I’ll try.

There is no challenge in anything after two years,

Hmm, hardcore mode? If the character dies, it’s gone for good. Can not WP back to life, can not be rezzed from full dead(dead, not downed). If the character has any rare or better equipment it gets auto-sent to the mail box, otherwise it’s deleted along with the character. Make a new char and start over.

How far can you make it on one life?

Permadeath. I have two character slots for this. Fun times.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

My only suggestion is to remember why people loved GW2 from launch and why it was so acclaimed – ie build on something that was so excellent from the start, with more zones, more dungeons (w/o skippable sections!!!), improved rewards and challenges.

You guys know how to do this – Marionette, BAttle for LA, Tower of Nightmares, the invasions, gauntlet, SAB are just some examples of enjoyable endgame content that applies to groups, solo players and even mini game lovers. They just aren’t here anymore, so either bring the appropriate ones back, or bring their ideas into the game.

I think what it comes down to is – you’ve kind of got on track with your living story, but have narrowed your focus so that all the other good things you guys can make are being overlooked (seemingly – you seem so saddeningly reluctant to share your plans compared to other MMO companies). Personally I think that is down to the demanding schedule you set yourself with the LS and how inflexible that schedule has become.

Well over 100 words, so try not to shoot me with the Smiting Bow of Fools

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Alright, I’ll try.

Hmm, hardcore mode? If the character dies, it’s gone for good. Can not WP back to life, can not be rezzed from full dead(dead, not downed). If the character has any rare or better equipment it gets auto-sent to the mail box, otherwise it’s deleted along with the character. Make a new char and start over.

How far can you get? ~curious~

Yes, it is with regret that I inform you that you are totally smote.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Alright, I’ll try.

<———— warrior traited with reflect shield

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Scale instanced content according to the number of players – if someone wants to solo fractals, let them, but it’s going to take 5 runs to get the same rewards.

Continue to build new maps with meta-events as you’ve done in Dry Top. Big move in the right direction. But give guilds a weekly mission to help guide these to the top achievement, so we always have a chance of achieving them, and so guilds get more kudos for helping out.

And Rotscale. You know you want it.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Scale instanced content according to the number of players – if someone wants to solo fractals, let them, but it’s going to take 5 runs to get the same rewards.

I would hate this idea, if anything I think it should be the opposite, extra rewards for the extra effort.

Ben K.6238

The problem is everyone would solo it.

In order to keep encouraging group play, it’d be preferable to make groups more rewarding, but allow people who can’t/won’t/would rather not play in a group to complete the content for a lesser reward.

[Edit: I forgot to mention that this solo, 2-man, etc. version would be scaled down to a reasonable level for the number of people.
Also, the preference toward group play comes from problems with GW1’s heroes and henchmen – it was often possible to reject other players entirely, making it something of a massively single-player online RPG. GW2’s insistence that more players are a good thing was the right move in my view.]

(edited by Ben K.6238)

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Alright, I’ll try.

<———— warrior traited with reflect shield

Personally, I wouldn’t mind being smitten by Gaile. :p

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

All of these would be amazing. Why not be able to go into dungeons or fractals with 2 people and 3 henchmen and have it designed to scale accordingly, or even solo with henchman and make each versions rewards unique. Too much content geared too specifically and it’s a waste. That said final request large new areas to explore and real reasons to explore them.

Just wanted to comment on this…

Living Story Missions aren’t like dungeons (group-play required) but those missions can be played in groups of 5 as well as alone.

Imho this scaling would feel great for regular dungeons as well. Don’t have 5 guys? Just go in there with your friend and experience it as well. Other games did this with dungeons (I remember LotRO) and had a lot of success with these modes.

I would love to see future dungeons be like that: really challenging for 5 players but also viable for small teams / solo players (for all the players who don’t like team content – quite a few). I know some people are soloing dungeons too, but this is hardly what I’m talking about since it takes a while to complete a dungeon without skipping most content.

I agree with both of these, with two “small” additions.

Henchmen: Anyone can get the default ones, but more interesting ones have to be earned and/or customized. Imagine if you could get a default class/skills for them, then customize the look. Normal costuming items and costs would apply, adding to gameplay.

Grouping: To encourage grouping, add a rare chance of something (Dungeon Tokens, maybe) dropping from each opponent. The chance is unaffected by MF, but it goes up the more real players are in the team. Ending rewards may be slightly nerfed to even things out.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

All of these would be amazing. Why not be able to go into dungeons or fractals with 2 people and 3 henchmen and have it designed to scale accordingly, or even solo with henchman and make each versions rewards unique. Too much content geared too specifically and it’s a waste. That said final request large new areas to explore and real reasons to explore them.

Living Story Missions aren’t like dungeons (group-play required) but those missions can be played in groups of 5 as well as alone.

Imho this scaling would feel great for regular dungeons as well. Don’t have 5 guys? Just go in there with your friend and experience it as well. Other games did this with dungeons (I remember LotRO) and had a lot of success with these modes.

I would love to see future dungeons be like that: really challenging for 5 players but also viable for small teams / solo players (for all the players who don’t like team content – quite a few). I know some people are soloing dungeons too, but this is hardly what I’m talking about since it takes a while to complete a dungeon without skipping most content.

Henchmen: Anyone can get the default ones, but more interesting ones have to be earned and/or customized. Imagine if you could get a default class/skills for them, then customize the look. Normal costuming items and costs would apply, adding to gameplay.

Grouping: To encourage grouping, add a rare chance of something (Dungeon Tokens, maybe) dropping from each opponent. The chance is unaffected by MF, but it goes up the more real players are in the team. Ending rewards may be slightly nerfed to even things out.

+1

I don’t hate dungeons but I do hate having to deal with PUGs. I have a small circle of friends on GW2 and most of them aren’t available for dungeons when I am so if I go I have to pug or join and neither experience has left me wanting to do it more.

Being able to use henchmen to round out my party or scale it to solo would enable people like me to do dungeons more often (probably daily for some paths).

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

+1

I don’t hate dungeons but I do hate having to deal with PUGs. I have a small circle of friends on GW2 and most of them aren’t available for dungeons when I am so if I go I have to pug or join and neither experience has left me wanting to do it more.

Being able to use henchmen to round out my party or scale it to solo would enable people like me to do dungeons more often (probably daily for some paths).

Just a quick note on this: all mmorpgs, or rpg online i have played, including gw1, that had or have a related “henchman” design, suffer from deterioting pve grouping content and loss of community social activity.

I know its a double edge blade, but if i have to chose ill go with finding a way to make grouping more fun and rewardable, rather than following a path that, imo, has almost nothing to do with what “mmorpg” should stand for.

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

Posted by: Mizenhauer.6713

Mizenhauer.6713

For endgame, I think stuff like dry top is good for open world pve. It would be nice to have additional quests to do, like order missions or champion assassination quests or something soloable.

I’d like to see new lvl 80 paths in the dungeons, or the insertion of bonus bosses in different pockets of the dungeon. I’d like bosses to have interesting and varied mechanics. Some to melee, some to range, some a mix. Mechanics like the positive negative mechanic in the cliff side end fight, or lupi, or even the second boss in ta story (with the poison spiders). Also, consider reducing/retuning trash and making them worth fighting. Our dungeons look extremely weird in the sense that the goal is to fight as little as possible. It makes sense given the reward structure, but it’s odd.

Add new skins as a reward for tokens, and allow us to use tokens on other things. It would be nice if things like Aetherpath weapons could be bought with tokens (perhaps in conjunction with a 100% drop account bound item from clockheart). Finally, consider exploring guild type raid content centered around the lower end (10?), and allow this to scale. Keep it instanced, or locked off, like a guild puzzle. Heck, add raid dungeon varieties of the puzzles, because those environments are really cool. And don’t make it so tough that nobody wants to play it. Have a variety, let everyone get their fill of ‘tougher’ content.

Side note, things like marionette, tower of nightmares, scarlet prime, would make lovely ‘raid’ style content.

(edited by Mizenhauer.6713)

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Just a quick note on this: all mmorpgs, or rpg online i have played, including gw1, that had or have a related “henchman” design, suffer from deterioting pve grouping content and loss of community social activity.

I know its a double edge blade, but if i have to chose ill go with finding a way to make grouping more fun and rewardable, rather than following a path that, imo, has almost nothing to do with what “mmorpg” should stand for.

Fair point.

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

^ actually the endgame of GW1 was:
UW, FoW, DoA, Urgoz, The Deep, Sorrow Furnace, ToPK, Dungeons(18), Hard Mode missions, Hard Mode maps completion, Challenges Missions, Zaishen bounties, Farming money/rares/titles, chests runs, Jade Quarry, Aspenwood, AvA, HoH, RA, Codex, GvG.

now list gw2 endgame.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I agree with you. Suggestions would be wonderful: Practical, reasonably expressed, and clear. Here’s the challenge, and we’ll see if it’s possible and reasonable: Share your opinion about how to improve the end game in (roughly) 100 words or less.

I’d like to see this because I believe the effort could increase the value and focus of this thread. Doing so would give the devs a concise resource that they could evaluate, and that’s always helpful to them.

I’ll get back to this later tonight after I let my brain chew on things. Also having it chew on the CDI for Guild Halls too, so I can have something ready to post when it starts.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

• Guild Halls ( or home instants of Guild Leader )
  • Personal Story (desperately needs a filler in between levels 5,15,25,35,45,etc,)
  • Sand Box for playing with builds
  • Stats Explained! (Day 45 and I still have no solid idea)
  • Rotate the maps in WvW so we have flip the Vistas and Poi in a more timely manner. (weekly or daily)

Other than that beautiful game love it to death, can I marry the game please?

Server: Gate of Madness

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

Suggestions would be wonderful: Practical, reasonably expressed, and clear. Here’s the challenge, and we’ll see if it’s possible and reasonable: Share your opinion about how to improve the end game in (roughly) 100 words or less.

I want to define my version of endgame before suggesting: It is a series of increasingly hard content that provides unique, untradeable/unsellable , Visible rewards. With an aim of distinguishing skilled players allowing them to stand out visually from the masses.

That is horizontal progression, instead of getting the best stats (Vertical) they get the best looks. It is about bragging rights and shockingly that is acceptable in an MMO.

I would have endgame content designed into 3 categories, Solo,Group and Guild. This would be further divided into three difficulties (with an aimed % of the player-base able to complete it) say 10% , 1% and 0.1%.

-For solo , Doppleganger fights, A solo profession mastery dungeon tailored to each profession, A Wave based arena with unique rewards for reaching higher waves.

-For Group, elite dungeons with wipe penalties similar to the elite zones in GW1, Co-ordinated jump puzzles, Group Arenas (similar to challenge missions from GW1)

-For Guild, Not particularly a fan of raids myself but yeah raids basicly, a War-zone scale arena, A form of “defend the castle” type mission with scalability for player numbers.
172 words.

Visual dilution of a reward occurs very easily, take legendaries or Wings of Dwayna for example lets say 10% of the population has one, but since they tend play the most you nearly always see legendary weapons/Wings, I regularly end up in dungeon run pugs where everyone is wielding a legendary. I see end-game as a step beyond that, something that gives visuals and would allow a player to show off their skills to stand out from the crowd, the skins don’t have to be over the top, they just have to be visually distinct.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Jerus.4350

The problem is everyone would solo it.

In order to keep encouraging group play, it’d be preferable to make groups more rewarding, but allow people who can’t/won’t/would rather not play in a group to complete the content for a lesser reward.

[Edit: I forgot to mention that this solo, 2-man, etc. version would be scaled down to a reasonable level for the number of people.
Also, the preference toward group play comes from problems with GW1’s heroes and henchmen – it was often possible to reject other players entirely, making it something of a massively single-player online RPG. GW2’s insistence that more players are a good thing was the right move in my view.]

Soloing is much more difficult than you’re making it sound. But, absolutely as far as henchmen are concerned, I didn’t really play GW1 but I played EQ that got the same treatment and ugh… yeah same effect.

I think the current system is a solid one. Solos take a long time, but you get to do it at your own pace and in the end you can sell paths and make a decent profit, sometimes worth the time, sometimes not. You can also group it, have a much easier time, and have it go much quicker. I see no reason to punish solo content, it hasn’t hit anywhere near as hard as the heroes type of thing in GW1, some talented players solo, let them if they can handle the content that is strictly designed for 5 man. No reason to go out of the way just to prevent soloing.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Fair point.

This is why I suggested making it limited to instanced story content. Not necessarily world events or dungeons.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’d like to see longer/more involved quest chains. They don’t have to be standard quests like in other games. Scavenger hunt type stuff is okay too, but there are some “rules”.

You need to be able to figure out what to do without going to a wiki or Dulfy.
It has to be “fair”, in figuring it out. Might even be good if there were puzzles involved with a randomized element so you had to solve something on your own.
It should fit into or expand lore or story of the game.

A set of books you have to collect that tell a story would be perfect. It could even become a collection.

Posted by: krosis.7598

krosis.7598

What I want isn’t more raiding content. As someone with a level 80 character who has completed their personal story, I find that I have no reason to log on other than possibly alts, because I don’t raid (anymore), and that’s never been why I play GW2.

What I want for end-game content is more PS, more housing instance elements I can acquire (particularly cosmetic), and more world interaction beyond fighting. Order of Whispers spying missions across the world, a quest to create a physical world map in your instance (based on exploring 100%) that gives you a free warp once a day, real (not just “hi!”) interaction with Personal Story NPCs inside your instance… that is what I want more than anything. Please.

Posted by: Resubian.5823

Resubian.5823

Alright, I’ll try.

I wasn’t doing any sort of permadeath, but I managed to get my ranger to around level 60 without dying. And I was soloing champs and group events. It was a group event that killed me, unfortunately. I did go back and finish it though!

As for there being no endgame, I think some people say there is no endgame because the game is what you make it. You create your own endgame. It’s like when people want to know what the meaning of life is: life is what you make it. My endgame is making a bunch of alts and getting them to level 80. I currently have 3 level 80 characters: a ranger, a mesmer, and a warrior (which is going to be deleted and replaced with a necro). After I finish getting a character of each class to 80? Well, then I have my ranger/thief for PvP, mesmer/necro/thief for WvW, and guardian/ranger/thief for PvE. Not a big fan of ele or engi so far because I don’t like having to swap skillsets, but who knows, I might get into it.

Posted by: Baltzenger.2467

Baltzenger.2467

On less than 100 words:

Add gambits to dungeons for new skins that can be the current ones, with added effects. Maybe an outfit related to the dungeon, increased gold+bags rewards, depending on the amount of gambits/increased difficulty.

wvw: rewards for defending should be way better than just taking stuff, having a keep/tower/camp should be something beyond valuable to encourage new tactics, defense, massive siege, etc. On low tier servers wvw is just: run with the zerg taking stuff, like in eotm.

spvp: new game mode, GvG style, trying to simulate wvw combat on small scale.
Keep adding reward tracks, I love them.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Here’s the challenge, and we’ll see if it’s possible and reasonable: Share your opinion about how to improve the end game in (roughly) 100 words or less.

I’d like to see ‘Fill in the blanks’ story missions which feature characters from the Personal Story – warbands, krewes, friends and families – that in some tangible way affect the player character’s home instances. These missions would fit in the gaps between personal story arcs, and possibly extend beyond the personal story. I’d also like to see story missions set after the personal story featuring the descendents of Orrians trying to recover their homeland. I figure there had to be some who were elsewhere when all the bad stuff happened. This might also be a way to introduce a new profession.

Edit: aiee, this will put me over 100…

How about utilizing the unexplored southern half of Orr as the setting for some sort of restoration initiative. Leave the northern half as is for story/continuity purposes, while opening the southern half for those who have completed the personal story (or have completely explored the northern half, or even just made it as far as a particular zone portal).

The table is a fable.

(edited by Tachenon.5270)

Palador.2170

I wonder if there’s a good way to counter that? ::ponders:: I’ll have to think on that, see if I can’t find a way around that problem without scrapping the idea.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I wonder if there’s a good way to counter that? ::ponders:: I’ll have to think on that, see if I can’t find a way around that problem without scrapping the idea.

I already did – it doesn’t need to be integrated into open world or dungeons. It should be implemented specifically for Home and the PS/LW instances as a sort of ‘mini-game’ to provide extra depth/immersion for those segments of the game and make it more fun to replay them.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I see instanced content such as UW & FoW, etc. as the perfect endgame content. Why?

• Areas that can be farmed for valuable mats, useful for making desirable skins.
  • Content that could be done via speed run for the hardcore, but still accessible at longer times for the average players. Content was hard enough to require semi-skilled play, but which rewarded high skill with fast completion times.
  • Unique rewards that were obtained via end chests. Anyone might get one, but the better players (speed runners) would get more rolls on the RNG table.
  • Full speed runs required a higher number than 5, but the content could be completed with lower numbers.
  • Instancing provided developers with the opportunity to better tune content for the number allowable, whereas endgame events in GW2 get overwhelmed with numbers.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I agree with you. Suggestions would be wonderful: Practical, reasonably expressed, and clear. Here’s the challenge, and we’ll see if it’s possible and reasonable: Share your opinion about how to improve the end game in (roughly) 100 words or less.

I’d like to see this because I believe the effort could increase the value and focus of this thread. Doing so would give the devs a concise resource that they could evaluate, and that’s always helpful to them.

Well, how to improve the endgame largely depends on what people want the endgame to be. Not many people seem to agree on it, after all.

Personally, I say just take a clue from GW1 and mesh it into GW2. Let there be an area which you must be 80 to enter, and is semi-instanced. It holds a fixed amount of players at a given time, smaller than usual open-world maps, and there is a timer for how long the instance is active. Add gathering nodes, Events, chests, random elites/champions, and a meta-event to finish within the time limit for a bonus chest.

See how long it takes before everyone complains about it being nothing but a grind. Whomever wins the pool on that gets to design the next one.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Palador.2170

I already did – it doesn’t need to be integrated into open world or dungeons. It should be implemented specifically for Home and the PS/LW instances as a sort of ‘mini-game’ to provide extra depth/immersion for those segments of the game and make it more fun to replay them.

Ah. That might do it for you, but I’m trying to think of a way to move something like that into dungeons so that they become popular enough that they’re worth devoting development time and resources to once more.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Alright, I’ll try.

So far they’re doing alright but they’re on a second account and I don’t play them as often I’d like. They were two of my testers of the NPE and I haven’t gone easy on them. Only open world, no PvP or WvW. I suspect I’ll find it more difficult with mid level dredge and, if they get that far, high level krait.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

aerial.7021

Speaking of challenges, I’ve set myself one never use a single way point, 9 hours to get to Level 16, and only the first 1-15 complete, it’s kind of fun.

Posted by: Galen.9042

Galen.9042

Implement SPvP style reward tracks for Dungeons, especially Fractals and Aetherpath. Makes getting stuff like Fractal weapons less frustrating and less reliant on RNG.

Implement the same system for the current series of World Bosses. Do a balance pass on each and bump them up in difficulty. Alternatively, just implement it for Teq and Triple Worm for now, then gradually phase the others in.

Use metrics to see which dungeon paths are almost never run, and bump their rewards up. People don’t run them because they’re getting the same reward as an easier path, but with much more time and effort.

Ben K.6238

Soloing is much more difficult than you’re making it sound. But, absolutely as far as henchmen are concerned, I didn’t really play GW1 but I played EQ that got the same treatment and ugh… yeah same effect.

I think the current system is a solid one. Solos take a long time, but you get to do it at your own pace and in the end you can sell paths and make a decent profit, sometimes worth the time, sometimes not. You can also group it, have a much easier time, and have it go much quicker. I see no reason to punish solo content, it hasn’t hit anywhere near as hard as the heroes type of thing in GW1, some talented players solo, let them if they can handle the content that is strictly designed for 5 man. No reason to go out of the way just to prevent soloing.

When there’s only one or two classes that can actually solo dungeon paths, it’s not really talent. Just judicious use of game mechanics.
I have no objection to people playing instances scaled for 5 players solo. But let’s be honest, it’s not solo content until you can do it on classes like a necromancer without glitching or skipping.

Jerus.4350

When there’s only one or two classes that can actually solo dungeon paths, it’s not really talent. Just judicious use of game mechanics.
I have no objection to people playing instances scaled for 5 players solo. But let’s be honest, it’s not solo content until you can do it on classes like a necromancer without glitching or skipping.

What I’d do for a quick emoticon of rolling my eyes. It takes longer to learn to solo a dungeon than it does to level up a new profession. Sure some are better suited, so what, it still takes quite a bit of effort and skill to learn to solo.

And no, it’s not solo content, but your suggestion was to go out of their way to punish people for soloing it. WHY? that’s absolutely ridiculous.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

I really enjoyed the boss battles of Story Mode CoF and SE and would love to see more like them that introduced unique mechanics rather than being all about dps.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

GW2 needs a PvP kick in the buttocks.

Screw PvE and the issues there. GW1 was initially PvP focused. Yes that changed with the expansions…slowly but surely it was clear PvE grind greatly outweighed PvP for not only updates but attention and player retention. GWAMM was the biggest con ever.

…and yet GW1 will always be remembered for me and many others for it’s outstanding PvP model, mechanics and variation.

GW2 is a one trick ride…..without GvG.The true meta.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Well what would really improve endgame for me is more stuff to do. Primarily I would love housing. Perhaps with some unique designs provided in collections (love the idea behind collections). Some trophies through some hard challenges would be nice something akin liadri or even tequalt / Wurm perhaps. Or even better new challenging encounters to overcome

Another Idea would be expanded PvE in WvW. Some ideas here.. some neutral traders or maybe to be more in theme something akin to red cross looking for supplies which you have to carry to them from different owned towers / keeps etc.. if you’re killed enemies can pickup package and earn rewards themselves. Maybe even some more dynamic events that can spawn around . These would be a bit more rewarding just cause you’re risking failure a lot more since you can ambushed at any time.

Posted by: weston.3457

weston.3457

squad raid/raid style content, similair to guild puzzles but more intense, and on a larger scale. or similair to WvW keep sieges, but on a larger scale.
EDIT: just give me a reason why i bought my tag and i only play PvE

(edited by weston.3457)

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Alright, I’ll try.

So far they’re doing alright but they’re on a second account and I don’t play them as often I’d like. They were two of my testers of the NPE and I haven’t gone easy on them. Only open world, no PvP or WvW. I suspect I’ll find it more difficult with mid level dredge and, if they get that far, high level krait.

I was doing this and I died from falling off a cliff that I thought was shorter.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Honestly what is this with all the people asking for “challenging” content? Before they ever add something challenging they need to rethink their reward system first. Currently the more braindead and afkable the content is, the better rewards it gives, which doesn’t make any sense at all.

Adding more things to do is also important, but their rewards need to be balanced too. There is no point in doing anything that requires even a tiny bit of brain power, since standing still and afk farming champs or doing the easiest possible dungeon paths is the best way to earn rewards in the game.

And the main reason the reward system is so bad is because it is based only on gold. Everything is obtainable with enough gold and the only other method they use to prevent users from getting anything is timegating…..

aerial.7021

GW2 needs a PvP kick in the buttocks.

Screw PvE and the issues there. GW1 was initially PvP focused. Yes that changed with the expansions…slowly but surely it was clear PvE grind greatly outweighed PvP for not only updates but attention and player retention. GWAMM was the biggest con ever.

…and yet GW1 will always be remembered for me and many others for it’s outstanding PvP model, mechanics and variation.

GW2 is a one trick ride…..without GvG.The true meta.

Maybe that is something ArenaNet either are in denial about or don’t want to face, maybe they honestly have to take stock and realize they make one smashing earth shattering PvE world(s) which they do so excessively well that no one wants to leave PvE to play PvP or they have attracted player that are only interested in PvE.

If they made VR goggles good enough I’d superglue them to my face and just wake up to Guild Wars every day.

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Maybe that is something ArenaNet either are in denial about or don’t want to face, maybe they honestly have to take stock and realize they make one smashing earth shattering PvE world(s) which they do so excessively well that no one wants to leave PvE to play PvP or they have attracted player that are only interested in PvE.

If they made VR goggles good enough I’d superglue them to my face and just wake up to Guild Wars every day.

In my honest opinion it dates back to GW1 and GvG. The game slowly but surely slid towards PvE. I don’t blame Anet or hold that against them…it makes good business sense. PvErs grinding equates to a better business model overall….and your right…they make great PvE and have created a great world here but it’s full of braindead mobs.

Look at the world boss loop…a bunch of players spamming 1-3 range skills till chest then mapping to the next boss. That’s GW2?

I guess I’m jaded, I bought the collectors edition of Nightfall. After the goodness of Factions I was stoked to hear that they were going to release NF as a mainly PvE content expansion as they also announced, in the DVD included with the CE, the next release would be focused on PvP.

Then EotN dropped. The biggest grindfest I’d had the displeasure of playing .PvP was totally neglected and died. So I waited for GW2…and then that released which PvP wise is basically one format AB, one of the least favored formats of PvP in GW1.

How people take it seriously or tourny it baffles me. It’s fun for sure but compare it to GvG in GW1.

This game is screaming for GvG or at least some form of variation in PvP.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

This is really, really good stuff. Sure, it’s all over the map — that’s expected. I don’t know that even in time we’d see “Yes, we all want [this one thing] most of all.” But really, thank you for posting your thoughts. Keep ’em coming!

• Don’t assume by metrics that content is popular, people often do it (even if they loathe it) for rewards. make the game you want to play!
  • PvE only captured skills
  • Revert trait system but design it so 1 point into something offers a bigger impact.
  • Use the living story to move us into an expansion, even if it’s just Crystal Desert
[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Focusing on those details make people more unsatisfied than they need to be.

You may be right there. I think I can agree to disagree on the details, and get back to running around in PvP and making my team lose because I suck.

(Sorry to all I team with, but I want that CoF armor and I can’t buy dungeon tokens with laurels, so you’re stuck with me.)

I hate to ask but why not just run CoF?

I don’t like doing team stuff.

I don’t much care for PvP either, but the matches are short and I can take it in small bites at least. And even if I suck in PvP, if anyone’s killing me then they’re not killing someone else on my team, right?

You can be on my team any day lol.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

I’ll give two suggestions in this thread that would improve the game so much more to me.

1) PvPvE: basically a PvE mode with enemies being orchestrated or partially made by other players a la dungeon’n’dragons. This will provide the constant and never-ending challenge typical of a PvP mode with the variety of a PvE mode.

2) More solo/duo contents. I’m mostly a solo player and I feel there isn’t challenging and rewarding contents for me if I don’t will to group up with other players.

3) More unique rewards. I like when I finish a challenge and I am rewarded with something special and unique which gives values to my efforts. I’m talking about something similar to the Blazing Light title and the SAB tribulation weapon skins.

That’s it. Hope it helps.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Share your opinion about how to improve the end game in (roughly) 100 words or less.

• Extend levels of Fractals of the Mists to 150-200. (Let the scaling Agony damage be the gate; not a hard cap)
  • Gambits for explorable dungeons. (Increased difficulty for rewards)
  • WvW siege UI element for siege. (Unlocking siege skins for WvW)
  • Dungeon hard mode → Start with Story Mode dungeons. (Make an actual good Zhaitan fight)

Posted by: AliceKaye.1903

AliceKaye.1903

I’ve been gone since pretty much the end of Scarlet’s storyline. I left right at the end because my husband and I had to move across the country and then set up shop somewhere else. A few months after we moved, ESO launched and as a writer about MMORPG’s, I of course had to check that out. Terrible, in my opinion (at the time – have yet to try it again) and then followed that up with WildStar (such a disappointment).

After WildStar, my guild went to Final Fantasy XIV, where we still reside today, however I’ve recently decided to play Guild Wars 2 alongside XIV. I was hoping that when I returned there would be a bunch of new stuff for me to check out. I posted on Reddit to find out what changes in content had been made, since ANet was talking about how they would be adding permanent content to the game.

Imagine my disappointment when I found out that they had only added one zone and only three chunks of LS since I had been gone (I was here for Maguuma’s addition). When I tried to get my partner-in-crime to play with me, he asked about the changes and I said, “Well they added some really sick-looking backpacks to crafting and they added some new outfits to the store, and then another zone, Dry Top.” He was like, “Great, so they updated their store, added more aesthetics and only one zone while we were gone?”

It would seem as though without the content stories every two weeks that they still haven’t added much in the way of content. I keep hearing about new dungeons, but no one has seemingly answered (as far as I’ve read) what or where these new dungeons are.

ANet, this is to you my friends, add some stuff people want to play through! We need more places to explore, more dungeons to crawl through, more than just pretty outfits (although I do love outfits – my issue now is the way the new outfits have been implemented – it’s terrible. Huge disappointment, seriously).

Just some thoughts from a returning player. Love the game, I really do, but it could use some TLC.

Arcanist Norri | Ceirynn | Darbii | Emlyn | Nyssi | Teltiu
Alice Kaye’s Twitter

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Gaile-

I’ve polled my guild to ask them what they want to do. The answer, overwhelmingly, was dungeons. Now, nearly everybody ALSO said they liked Living Story stuff, but dungeons came up time and time again as “we want to do more of this.”

If ArenaNet could commit to adding a new full dungeon (story + 3x explorable tied in with Living World with corresponding weapon and armor sets) every 6-9 months, you’d be providing endgame content for your most active players.

Imagine the Scarlet fight was Story and we got explorables investigating her creations! Marionette path, Toxic hybrid path, Holopath…

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Gaile-

I’ve polled my guild to ask them what they want to do. The answer, overwhelmingly, was dungeons. Now, nearly everybody ALSO said they liked Living Story stuff, but dungeons came up time and time again as “we want to do more of this.”

If ArenaNet could commit to adding a new full dungeon (story + 3x explorable tied in with Living World with corresponding weapon and armor sets) every 6-9 months, you’d be providing endgame content for your most active players.

Imagine the Scarlet fight was Story and we got explorables investigating her creations! Marionette path, Toxic hybrid path, Holopath…

Better dungeon support overall would be grand. Right now, I don’t feel comfortable running because pick-up groups are a minefield of speedrunners and even more toxic kittenkittens who do wretched things like join groups then party-kick its participants.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632