Let's Take a Vote

Let's Take a Vote

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

Currently, 79% respondents dislike the changes as they stand in one way or another.

Of those, 28% absolutely despise.

Yeah, I think you actually failed, Vayne.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

He should’ve worded it better then. It’s silly to assume that someone would think that ABSOLUTELY every single person in the game hated the patch anyway.

If you look at the forums some people where trying to say just that. (ABSOLUTELY)

Hyperbolic vs categorical

Which is the argument being tried anyway – the patch was terrible and kills puppies and if you disagree you must be fanboy white knighting.

if you are trying to swing this poll into, people arent that upset, thats not what the poll shows.
40% actively dislike it
10% like it
40% think it needs changes
10% dont care.
80% think are disatisfied, that is good enough that almost everybody doesnt like this NPE is fairly accurate.
saying almost no one likes this NPE is even more accurate.

now, for a system that is supposed to attract players and smooth out leveling, thats a pretty bad result

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

He should’ve worded it better then. It’s silly to assume that someone would think that ABSOLUTELY every single person in the game hated the patch anyway.

If you look at the forums some people where trying to say just that. (ABSOLUTELY)

Which is the argument being tried anyway – the patch was terrible and kills puppies and if you disagree you must be fanboy white knighting.

if you are trying to swing this poll into, people arent that upset, thats not what the poll shows.

I’m not talking about the poll, I’m talking about the . . . atmopshere, around here. Though I should point some guildmates at the poll – they were really liking it.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

LOL man people read things the way they want :P everyone who reads the poll can make their own conclusions I don’t need someone to explain what the polls mean to me. LOL some people shakes head

Necromancer Main

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

The vote is kinda bias imho, should just be “Do you like this new changes? Yes/No/Not apply”. Breaking down the not-like into so many categories while like in just one is an attempt to divert the Nah votes.

Btw. I voted “not apply” option, since the trait update already kill my desire to make new alts, this update really just reinforce it.

Yes the vote is pretty well worded to divert people from the dislike vote. Pretty sneaky.

Nothing sneaky about it. It’s simply that so many people seem to HATE this change and others might not feel as strongly.

The truth is if peoiple are voting it would be okay with some changes, they’re probably closer to liking it than not, because I gave them that option.

I could have put I like it but it would be better. I didn’t, to make it fairer.

The bottom line is it’s not as dire as some are painting it, period.

Than word it,

Dislike
N/A
Not sure yet

the way it’s worded now is so vague. I could put do you think congress is ran well? yes/no/it could with changes, well duh dislike and changes are nearly the samething. That’s why people dislike it.

Doesn’t matter. Would be okay with some adjustments just means its NOT ok now.

I know which is why that option and dislike patch are nearly the same thing but it’s misleading, like if you don’t select dislike than you’re mostly okay with it. It’s a sleight of hand trick.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I don’t like the patch. But whoever (if there’s any) thinks that anyone who likes it is just being fanboy white knighting let’s fighting is a kitten and a puppy hater.

edit: automatic puns ftw!

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

Let's Take a Vote

Sunshine.4680

I’m not talking about the poll, I’m talking about the . . . atmopshere, around here. Though I should point some guildmates at the poll – they were really liking it.

My wvw guildmates and pve guildmates dislike it for the most part.

Let's Take a Vote

Gene Archer.8560

LOL man people read things the way they want :P everyone who reads the poll can make their own conclusions I don’t need someone to explain what the polls mean to me. LOL some people shakes head

Uh, no. The poll is rather clear.

“The new changes to leveling would be okay with some adjustment” means that the changes as they currently are, are -not- okay.

“I absolutely hate the new changes to leveling. " Means people straight up despise the changes.

“I don’t like the new changes to leveling” means dissatisfaction with the changes.

And the last two are rather obvious as well. People like the changes, and people feel the changes don’t affect them because for one reason or another, they are unaffected.

You’re just in denial at this point.

Let's Take a Vote

Sunshine.4680

I don’t like the patch. But whoever (if there’s any) thinks that anyone who likes it is just being fanboy white knighting let’s fighting is a kitten and a puppy hater.

I’m sure there are a few obnoxious ones but it’s mostly the update defenders that lump everyone that has a problem with the patch as some horde that hates everything, doesn’t know how good we got it or something. Using a bunch of misleading words and political talk to muddy the water.

Let's Take a Vote

phys.7689

well my personal feeling is less sour, because they say they are planning to change it by next week or so. However many people probably didnt hear that. But the reason it is so negative is because really, they should have known, if they even looked at the result on the trait system, they would know people really dislike being locked out of basic traits, how do they think they would react to skills?

when this info first came out as part of the china plan, it was overwhelmingly negative, they were like hey guys thats just china dont worry about it.

they should have known people wouldnt like the skill lockouts, they should have edited that out. They also really didnt need to do some of the new level streamlining of hearts, they really killed the atmosphere of some of those low level hearts. no feeding of bear cubs? that was kind of the point.

its a bad trend for a lot of people. They did this change that almost anyone could have seen would be poorly recieved, (which is why people think they arent listening) and they seem to be changing the game direction to more of a grind exp, checkbox philosophy.

they really underestimated how many people alt, or plan to alt in the future. i would guess the large majority intend to level more than one time.

Let's Take a Vote

Zoso.8279

Uh, no. The poll is rather clear.

“The new changes to leveling would be okay with some adjustment” means that the changes as they currently are, are -not- okay.

“I absolutely hate the new changes to leveling. " Means people straight up despise the changes.

“I don’t like the new changes to leveling” means dissatisfaction with the changes.

And the last two are rather obvious as well. People like the changes, and people feel the changes don’t affect them because for one reason or another, they are unaffected.

You’re just in denial at this point.

LOL no comment. I keep repeating myself over and over again just because some people like to write more then they like to read…….

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I’m sure there are a few obnoxious ones but it’s mostly the update defenders that lump everyone that has a problem with the patch as some horde that hates everything, doesn’t know how good we got it or something. Using a bunch of misleading words and political talk to muddy the water.

There are obvious white knights and extreme fanboys as much as there are just plain haters in the forums anyway. Personally, I just choose to ignore people who aren’t on my side on a particular topic. XD

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Let's Take a Vote

Sunshine.4680

well my personal feeling is less sour, because they say they are planning to change it by next week or so. However many people probably didnt hear that. But the reason it is so negative is because really, they should have known, if they even looked at the result on the trait system, they would know people really dislike being locked out of basic traits, how do they think they would react to skills?

when this info first came out as part of the china plan, it was overwhelmingly negative, they were like hey guys thats just china dont worry about it.

they should have known people wouldnt like the skill lockouts, they should have edited that out. They also really didnt need to do some of the new level streamlining of hearts, they really killed the atmosphere of some of those low level hearts. no feeding of bear cubs? that was kind of the point.

its a bad trend for a lot of people. They did this change that almost anyone could have seen would be poorly recieved, (which is why people think they arent listening) and they seem to be changing the game direction to more of a grind exp, checkbox philosophy.

they really underestimated how many people alt, or plan to alt in the future. i would guess the large majority intend to level more than one time.

What’s ironic a lot of chinese players bought the game to get away from the overwhelming grind of many asian mmos.. and here comes anet with their changes which was opposed by people used to grinding games and they think it’s going to fly here? Not sure how they expected that to fly or attract new players.

Let's Take a Vote

Gene Archer.8560

LOL no comment.

Very well. I accept your admission of defeat.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

What’s ironic a lot of chinese players bought the game to get away from the overwhelming grind of many asian mmos.. and here comes anet with their changes which was opposed by people used to grinding games and they think it’s going to fly here? Not sure how they expected that to fly or attract new players.

Yes because leveling to 40 in this game is very grindy. lol

Have you ever played an Asian grinder?

Let's Take a Vote

Zoso.8279

LOL no comment.

Admission of defeat. You made it very clear what your intentions are. Kid idc about your ego.

Necromancer Main

Let's Take a Vote

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Have you ever played an Asian grinder?

I’m not sure if what I did counts, it was a Facebook game but gawds awful with that grind and money-grubbing.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Let's Take a Vote

Gene Archer.8560

LOL no comment.

Admission of defeat. You made it very clear what your intentions are. Kid idc about your ego…

Kay, kid. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

(The hell is wrong with the filter, trying to start the sentence with Okay)

Let's Take a Vote

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I like what I have played which uses update material so far. I haven’t done NPE yet as I haven’t had the time to get my teeth sunk into it and evaluate for myself, but most of the people in my guild I asked said they found it “okay” and “not as bad as the forums make it out”.

And that’s the last I have to say on it right now.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

I like it.
The way it looks like note paper…but isn’t (not too big on the pie chart though!)
Oh.
Guild Wars 2?
Don’t care.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

All professions maxed to 80.
Spend about 1 hour in every low level area.
Still 500 tomes of knowledge in the bank.

Considering: Creat character> Enter Mists> Enter LA> Grab tomes.
Now it’s no longer: Create character > Run to divinity> Get black lion key> Delete character.

I approve.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Let's Take a Vote

phys.7689

I like what I have played which uses update material so far. I haven’t done NPE yet as I haven’t had the time to get my teeth sunk into it and evaluate for myself, but most of the people in my guild I asked said they found it “okay” and “not as bad as the forums make it out”.

And that’s the last I have to say on it right now.

its not the end of the world, all you have to do is level through it.
that said its boring, makes you feel like you should be grinding. They reduce the go and explore elements, and the choose your own destiny elements.
before, you leveled a weapon by choosing your weapon
before you could use any weapon set you choose
before you can go anywhere, and interact with whatever you see (now you cant do skill points)
before you could do story, or not do story.

now, in order to do those things you have to level, and doing anything else is a waste of time.
go do your hearts, catch random events, dont kill anything you dont have to kill, its a waste of time.

its not horrid, its just boring,

Let's Take a Vote

Zoso.8279

All professions maxed to 80.
Spend about 1 hour in every low level area.
Still 500 tomes of knowledge in the bank.

Considering: Creat character> Enter Mists> Enter LA> Grab tomes.
Now it’s no longer: Create character > Run to divinity> Get black lion key> Delete character.

I approve.

Black lion key farming what a huge exploit lol I wonder how many people will try and justify this by saying “hey its in the game we should all play the game the way we want”

Necromancer Main

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Compared to many other more game affecting changes, these are among the most inappropriate overreactions I have ever witnessed in the game so far. Ascended gear, trait changes, the megaserver, karma changes, wardrobe, etc. are all way more “game changing”, yet people have focused in these (to me) genuinely little shifts that ultimately aren’t very relevant in the grand scheme of things (unless you want to add your own “I don’t like the direction this game is going” take, as is usual with this type of rhetoric.)

Even the initial fiery light armor human T3 complaints had more substance than this.

I am firmly convinced it’s mass hysteria ("my friends hate it, random youtube videos hate it, this “important player” hates it, so I must as well.") I can’t see well-informed people hating the game just because of this patch-maybe they didn’t like the game as much anyway, and used the changes to justify their “this is the final straw” moment. This patch is really of no long-term consequence, and actually brought some other good changes that are being conveniently ignored, because you know ANet must be evil, “money-hungry/too commercial”, uncaring about players (usually meaning “my needs/preferences”), etc.

We are lucky they have responded a bit the last few days. If it was me I would ignore this stuff more than they do-and I am a VERY caring person, but won’t stand for irrational, sarcastic, cynical, and/or troll-ish comments, mostly made in bad faith, with self-serving agendas, and/or in a fit of bad temper (calling some of these posts “childish” is rather offensive to children.) And even the times they dare to respond, they’ll get attacked and words will get twisted by a few among the forum crowd.

The "I appear like a hater because I “love” the game and want ANet to notice" is not holding water anymore-if it ever did. Go play the games you like but stop spreading the hate-it’s a darned game when it’s all said and done, with some players loving what you precisely may despise. Leave-if that’s what you want and the game is “unplayable/not fun anymore” for you-and let others play it in peace.

It’s always OK to hate the patch or GW2, just don’t be a jerk about it and spread misinformation/your hate to other players. We don’t have to like the same things.

I feel bad about them because the only time the did go “astray” on the manifesto was with Ascended gear, and they did make an explanation on why it was a necessary shift, like it or not (and that grind to this day remains wholly optional, for those players who care, and not needed to enjoy gear gated content.) All other changes have actually never gone against their all-too-frequently quoted manifesto, unless you are really stretching its meaning to mean the game must be the way you would like it to be.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

Compared to many other more game affecting changes, these are among the most inappropriate overreactions I have ever witnessed in the game so far. Ascended gear, trait changes, the megaserver, karma changes, wardrobe, etc. are all way more “game changing”

You are ignoring the fact that most of those changes also had significant positives to go along with the negatives, whereas this new patch has very few positives.

Let's Take a Vote

Zoso.8279

@StarAce Normally when I love something and I see it going into another direction I try and give constructive criticism and if I don’t like something and feel like leaving, me personally I don’t go on the forums to try and incite an exodus which is what I think some people were trying to do. If I don’t like it I leave I don’t leave stomping my feet I just leave. and its funny seeing so many people that have left but still make posts X.X lol! I can understand checking up on the site to see changes but making comments when not actively playing the game is just bad.

Necromancer Main

Let's Take a Vote

Zoso.8279

Compared to many other more game affecting changes, these are among the most inappropriate overreactions I have ever witnessed in the game so far. Ascended gear, trait changes, the megaserver, karma changes, wardrobe, etc. are all way more “game changing”

You are ignoring the fact that most of those changes also had significant positives to go along with the negatives, whereas this new patch has very few positives.

Very few positives? TP/Ranger now playable/Faster leveling/ability to change instances when one is not getting populated anymore (Volunteers blessing) to name a few.

Necromancer Main

Let's Take a Vote

phys.7689

Compared to many other more game affecting changes, these are among the most inappropriate overreactions I have ever witnessed in the game so far. Ascended gear, trait changes, the megaserver, karma changes, wardrobe, etc. are all way more “game changing”, yet people have focused in these (to me) genuinely little shifts that ultimately aren’t very relevant in the grand scheme of things (unless you want to add your own “I don’t like the direction this game is going” take, as is usual with this type of rhetoric.)

Even the initial fiery light armor human T3 complaints had more substance than this.

I am firmly convinced it’s mass hysteria ("my friends hate it, random youtube videos hate it, this “important player” hates it, so I must as well.") I can’t see well-informed people hating the game just because of this patch-maybe they didn’t like the game as much anyway, and used the changes to justify their “this is the final straw” moment. This patch is really of no long-term consequence, and actually brought some other good changes that are being conveniently ignored, because you know ANet must be evil, “money-hungry/too commercial”, uncaring about players (usually meaning “my needs/preferences”), etc.

We are lucky they have responded a bit the last few days. If it was me I would ignore this stuff more than they do-and I am a VERY caring person, but won’t stand for irrational, sarcastic, cynical, and/or troll-ish comments, mostly made in bad faith, with self-serving agendas, and/or in a fit of bad temper (calling some of these posts “childish” is rather offensive to children.) And even the times they dare to respond, they’ll get attacked and words will get twisted by a few among the forum crowd.

The "I appear like a hater because I “love” the game and want ANet to notice" is not holding water anymore-if it ever did. Go play the games you like but stop spreading the hate-it’s a darned game when it’s all said and done, with some players loving what you precisely may despise. Leave-if that’s what you want and the game is “unplayable/not fun anymore” for you-and let others play it in peace.

It’s always OK to hate the patch or GW2, just don’t be a jerk about it and spread misinformation/your hate to other players. We don’t have to like the same things.

I feel bad about them because the only time the did go “astray” on the manifesto was with Ascended gear, and they did make an explanation on why it was a necessary shift, like it or not (and that grind to this day remains wholly optional, for those players who care, and not needed to enjoy gear gated content.) All other changes have actually never gone against their all-too-frequently quoted manifesto, unless you are really stretching its meaning to mean the game must be the way you would like it to be.

i think this change is actually so hated in combination with the last patch. its not just one thing, its the build up.

its like people were already vexed, then this was the straw that made em go oh wtf.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

Quite honestly if they just unlock utility earlier, most people might even like it.

We’ll level faster 1-15. And we get to unlock utility at the same time.

the last vote with only 2 option have 83% people like it and 17% don’t. I think most people fit the I don’t like it, but it don’t bother me too much, so if they make slight adjustment…

I’m only bothered because the utility is pushed back… The trait thing bothered me already before.

Im not that bothered by utility pushback, it could be a little lower. The rest is so insignificant, it tends to 0.

Much bigger issue (for newplayers and alts alike) are traits as you surely can end up with half/quarter even-baked character when you ding 80 and grind a lot just to get basic functionality of the class.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

i think this change is actually so hated in combination with the last patch. its not just one thing, its the build up.

its like people were already vexed, then this was the straw that made em go oh wtf.

My thoughts also. 9/9 patch really isnt that big a deal really.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

they didn’t add anything, they just removed old stuff, again, and put it behind a lvl gate, this seems to be anets idea of new features. Looks like they are determined to alienate old players, instead of giving us new stuff, skills, classes they just take away the thing we already have

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

It doesn’t matter what we think. They have their own metrics. Take around 500 votes from new players instead of veterans, and we would see a vastly different outcome, provided that the questions were worded differently for the new players.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

It’s not really an accurate poll, considering that a lot of significant bugs are floating around the entire thing.

Or words to that effect.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I don`t think they are all bad.
I just think they are not very good implemented and in some cases inferior to the system before (weapon skills for example).

Some of them just don`t make sense are just pampering a playerbase which is allready too lazy and patronised.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Quite honestly if they just unlock utility earlier, most people might even like it.

the last vote with only 2 option have 83% people like it and 17% don’t. I think most people fit the I don’t like it, but it don’t bother me too much, so if they make slight adjustment…

I’m only bothered because the utility is pushed back… The trait thing bothered me already before.

Actually the utility doesnt bother me, its the lack of vistas/poi/gathering nodes and skill challenges.

If these are acc.unlocks, and jut limited on the first char, than its fine. but if they are limited on ALL new characters, than it is certainly not ok.

I like to be able to get my skill points asap.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Having tried the new levelling system on a few different professions now the thing that bothers me most is that it affects different professions in different ways, which could give new players a false impression of how they compare to each other and be extremely frustrating for veterans going without essential class mechanics.

For example on a a warrior not having your adrenaline attacks right away is annoying but not a big issue, it’s just one attack (a powerful one admittedly). You still have plenty of skills to experiment with by switching weapons.

Whereas for a ranger not having access to your pet controls is extremely frustrating. Pets don’t draw aggro themselves anymore but they attack anything that hits you. Even after the enemy has broken aggro and gone away if they hit you and are still alive you pet will chase after them. And in combat they seem to attack whatever hit you first, not the enemy you necessarily want to take down first, which (especially at low levels where you have no utilities or traits) is a big chunk of your damage going in the wrong direction.

And then there’s engineers…they’re stuck with the same 2 weapons until level 13 at least because all your other skills, including the profession mechanic, require utilities. That’s if you know to go and find a skill point challenge and use it to unlock the grenade kit. You don’t actually get given skill points from levelling up until level 20. And you won’t unlock all their profession skills until level 35.

I’ve heard similar complaints about mesmers but I haven’t actually tried one so I can’t comment on them myself.

It just feels very…arbitrary. Since I don’t believe for a second that everyone at Anet plays a warrior, including the entire QA department, I can’t believe that this disparity didn’t come up during testing and I can’t understand why it wasn’t changed.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Let's Take a Vote

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Actually the utility doesnt bother me, its the lack of vistas/poi/gathering nodes and skill challenges.

If these are acc.unlocks, and jut limited on the first char, than its fine. but if they are limited on ALL new characters, than it is certainly not ok.

Vistas, Gathering Nodes are not locked, they merely aren’t on the map. I don’t know about POI. Skill challenges were probably a good move, I know I couldn’t reliably clear combat ones until I was well over-leveled on them anyway.

Let's Take a Vote

Taygus.4571

Vistas, Gathering Nodes are not locked, they merely aren’t on the map. I don’t know about POI. Skill challenges were probably a good move, I know I couldn’t reliably clear combat ones until I was well over-leveled on them anyway.

I tended to do skill challenges with friends………….. they are locked unti..lv10, I believe.

and I know ..but why not show them on the map, if it’s an a new alt…rather than a first char?

I want to be able to SEE them, so I can go do what I want, like I would on my higher leveled chars.
and gathering nodes don’t show up til a certain level either, as far as I know, they’re not just hidden on the mini map, they’re non existent.

Like I said, I’d be ok with the changes, for the FIRST character. But its very annoying for alts. And unnecessary. Anet should’ve added something, so that this wouldn’t be so annoying for veteran players.

Let's Take a Vote

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’m ever hopeful they change that, Taygus. I really am.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

What difference does it make? We’re stuck with it now. Just like ascended gear, living story, and the rotting corpse of the trait system. They may make minor tweaks here and there, but when it comes to stuff like this history has proven again and again it’s ‘my way or the highway’ as far as whoever is in control of anet is concerned.

The table is a fable.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Let me get this straight, does this vote on leveling include the fact that the starter zones have been gutted with most of their heart/events mechanics removed?

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Mmm a poll about the ripping off of some content could be interesting, i dont care about the leveling, but the mutilation of the game really kittened me. (great fear story line, Metrica province….).

Let's Take a Vote

Taygus.4571

Let me get this straight, does this vote on leveling include the fact that the starter zones have been gutted with most of their heart/events mechanics removed?

probably not.

That is indeed another disappointment.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I don’t know what to vote. I’m kind of indifferent to the newest changes, there’s a mix of good and bad in there. But I hate the trait changes that are still in effect since April.

Let's Take a Vote

Vayne.8563

I don’t know what to vote. I’m kind of indifferent to the newest changes, there’s a mix of good and bad in there. But I hate the trait changes that are still in effect since April.

This has nothing to do with the April changes, only the current changes in this patch.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

If you dislike the trait change yourself, why do you like having utility skills locked behind levels, Vayne?

Let's Take a Vote

Vayne.8563

If you dislike the trait change yourself, why do you like having utility skills locked behind levels, Vayne?

Because you level so fast it’s irrrelevant. And anyway I didn’t say I don’t like traits to unlock differently than they did, I just think Anet handled it badly. I think there should be multiple ways to unlock each trait, not just one, and I think the event selection was very poor.

So the question is, do I believe you should need to vanquish a zone to unlock a trait? No, I don’t think forcing people to do that kind of specific content is good for the game.

But skill slot unlocks unlock no matter what you do. It’s not the gating that’s the problem, it’s the method of gating to me.

If it takes you two hours to unlock all your slots, or three, I’m not very stressed about that.

And according to Anet it’s around the same playtime now to get to level 40 that it used to be to get to level 30, so I’m not all that stressed about an elite skill.

You don’t have to go out of your way to unlock the skill slots. The trait selection is a whole different ball of wax.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I kind of use the lvl20 scroll so lvling faster 1-15 is irrelevant to me anyway. Your a veteran too right? So dont’ you have enough lvl20 scroll yourself?

Let's Take a Vote

Vayne.8563

I kind of use the lvl20 scroll so lvling faster 1-15 is irrelevant to me anyway. Your a veteran too right? So dont’ you have enough lvl20 scroll yourself?

Well I was testing the system. It would be impossible to test if I used a scroll. I have scrolls, I just decided not to use them until I see what’s what.

Let's Take a Vote

Posted by: Looka.6078

Looka.6078

I have my very own suggestion on a vote and this is directly addressed to the maintainers of this forum:

- Please allow comment voting on your forum. As in user/poster rating. This way I’m pretty sure that both ArenaNet and the players (read CUSTOMERS) will benefit. Here’s how:

a. 1st of all ArenaNet will get yet another means of understanding what the “voice of the customer” is. Also, as in many cases there will be no more doubt if one customer’s opinion is a stranded, isolated one or, au contraire, is a shared opinion. The more “pro” or “against” votes on a post(er) will surely help clear the fog in front of ArenaNet’s eyes. For good.

The very same mechanics may leave some posters here (and maybe their wives) out of job. Starving children, of course might just follow the evidence of getting “disclosed” as a hired poster. Old players already know what I’m talking about. And of course, as opposed to point “a.”, the more “pro” or “against” votes on a post(er) will surely help clear the fog in front of some forum users eyes too. For good.