Loot nerfs

Loot nerfs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

I suspect that the following items have had their drop rates significantly reduced and I would like the compnay to confirm this please.

I dont want an argument about it, I just want to be told categorically whether these have been reduced as I strongly believe such changes should be included in patch notes. and I very strongly believe that these have been very significantly reduced.

1) Heavy Moldy Bags
2) Tier 6 Mats
3 ) Tier 6 Mats from Bags
4) Lodestones from Orrian Jewellery Boxes
5) Tier 5 Mats
6 ) ALL crafting mats and bags throughout every region in the game.
7) Chance of T6 Mats from Mystic Clover Crafting

I used to be able to make about 10g in a good gaming session…now I am making next to nothing. And no I wasn’t “farming”…I was “playing the game”.

I’m not spending any (real) money in the store until I get an answer on this. That’s a promise.

Loot nerfs

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

There’s currently a large debate on the issue, specifically with regard to Ectos salvaged from rares. Overwhelming data points to a nerf, and Anet responses seem to indicate that it was accidental. One Anet person is looking into it.

Details here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Loot nerfs

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I am not sure threatening to hold ArenaNet hostage is the best way to garner an official response to your thread, but good luck to you, anyway. =)

Loot nerfs

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

I am not sure threatening to hold ArenaNet hostage is the best way to garner an official response to your thread, but good luck to you, anyway. =)

And even if we ever do get an official response, who is to say it is even an accurate statement. Anet have ninja’d drop rates before, I would not be suprised if they did it at any given time. With the ecto issue coming to light…..

Minion

Loot nerfs

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

There’s currently a large debate on the issue, specifically with regard to Ectos salvaged from rares. Overwhelming data points to a nerf, and Anet responses seem to indicate that it was accidental. One Anet person is looking into it.

Details here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

Frankly would be the third if not fourth “accidental” nerf discovered by players….

I start to suspect is not so “accidental”

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Loot nerfs

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Details here:

Frankly would be the third if not fourth “accidental” nerf discovered by players….

I start to suspect is not so “accidental”

It’s not accidental at all, the first time was very very noticeable by all even before the killcredit because everyone’s drop rates were reduced by 50% from what was happening the day before. But as usual people were saying it was statistics while they failed to take into account the NCsoft is not simply a partner in this case (like they are with Wildstar) and that management definitely has the reigns when it comes to loot to directly control how much gold someone gets since they still use a single currency system for much of everything that a toon needs both for first time progression as well as the acquisition of runes/sigils in the process of trying out what’s best for your build some of which are inflated over 400% since November. It’s also interesting to see just how many people actually think that this wouldn’t be the business plan for the RMT especially after that being the case directly with games like D3.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Loot nerfs

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

me wearing a tin foil hat
Loot has been reduced everywhere to get more players into southsun cove where everything is “normal”.

Loot nerfs

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Loot has been reduced everywhere to get more players into southsun cove where everything is “normal”.

depends what you call normal… if you like porous bones, stained tusks and the odd salvageable hide.. if your lucky a white or blue drop from trash mobs.. last week or so its been terrible and I am normally not bothered by loot drops at all as I don’t really farm much unless I have a need for something specific… lately loot drops have gotten really bad.
Also something I too have begun to notice…. I forge down every single green item I get nowadays.. I am talking hundreds a week now seeing as Southsun has proven fruitful until recently in getting greens (crabtoss is an easy win, as are the champ chests) .. I can count the number of rare items I have managed to RNG out of the toilet on one hand over the last week, which isn’t a great success rate, especially when added to the mysterious salvo issue with ectos over the top of it…. but RNG is RNG so I guess its dust of and keep trying time… thankfully I don’t see anything in GW2 that is “must have it now” , so I can wait it out a whiles longer… maybe!

Loot nerfs

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

There are several topics on this forum already about the nerf to drops, pretty much everywhere across ORR got nerfed into the ground, I guess that was there response to the Mals Leap farm, event chains in Cursed Shore are a waste of time, I did several the other day including a temple and got about 18P/Bones, 3 blues, and a rare from the daily chest, ( which doesn’t count as its guaranteed )

Its not much better in SunSouth cove where they actually want everyone to be at the moment, hours of farming to get nothing back,

WvW ( you don’t really go here for loot ) but several hours in there capping, and killing etc etc, lets just say if Spikes go up in value, im a guild wars billionaire.

Loot nerfs

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

noticed a big change in wvw heavy lootbags too. i used to get a few t6 mats before and at least make a few coins here and there, but now i get mostly mithril,leather and silk…very frustrating…

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Loot nerfs

Posted by: Krebgoth.4603

Krebgoth.4603

I dont know what the hell is going on with this game.Tried to go farm events in orr and mobs dont drop anything anymore.I go to www and after an hour not a single BOH and only a couple loot bags.I go and salvage rares from meta events and again pretty much zero ectos.I guess the only thing left in this game will soon be playing the TP.

Loot nerfs

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Nope. It would be the tenth time players stand on their soap box to complain about a nerf that doesn’t exist, due to lack of knowledge about statistics. This community loves lying through their teeth about drop rates. Most do it out of sheer ignorance, a few do it to artificially increase the price of items they are selling in the TP.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Loot nerfs

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Nope. It would be the tenth time players stand on their soap box to complain about a nerf that doesn’t exist, due to lack of knowledge about statistics. This community loves lying through their teeth about drop rates. Most do it out of sheer ignorance, a few do it to artificially increase the price of items they are selling in the TP.

Mind sharing on what your conclusion is based? Because as far as I can remember, the loot nerf that players had reported for months, and which was initially denied by Anet’s staff for months, was eventually confirmed to by Anet to be true. It was caused by a “bug” which ignored people’s contribution to a mob kill to be registered. As a result, they didn’t get any loot.

Don’t presume people enjoy coming on this forum to “complain” about stuff like this. The OP obviously spent hours doing this stuff, and noticed a huge change. His assumption was a reasonable one, especially considering Anet’s track record on this issue.

There’s more stuff going on by the way, ecto return rate has been cut in half since the last update (see ecto return rate thread). John Smith is looking into this right now, so let’s see what comes out of it. Maybe these issues are even related.

Loot nerfs

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

depends what you call normal… if you like porous bones, stained tusks and the odd salvageable hide.. if your lucky a white or blue drop from trash mobs.. last week or so its been terrible and I am normally not bothered by loot drops at all as I don’t really farm much unless I have a need for something specific… lately loot drops have gotten really bad.
Also something I too have begun to notice…. I forge down every single green item I get nowadays.. I am talking hundreds a week now seeing as Southsun has proven fruitful until recently in getting greens (crabtoss is an easy win, as are the champ chests) .. I can count the number of rare items I have managed to RNG out of the toilet on one hand over the last week, which isn’t a great success rate, especially when added to the mysterious salvo issue with ectos over the top of it…. but RNG is RNG so I guess its dust of and keep trying time… thankfully I don’t see anything in GW2 that is “must have it now” , so I can wait it out a whiles longer… maybe!

Southsun drops are the same as they were last week and the week before for me. If you’re putting greens in the MT expecting to get yellows, well, that’s always been a losing proposition and you’re better off just selling the greens.

Loot nerfs

Erasculio.2914

Mind sharing on what your conclusion is based? Because as far as I can remember, the loot nerf that players had reported for months, and which was initially denied by Anet’s staff for months, was eventually confirmed to by Anet to be true. It was caused by a “bug” which ignored people’s contribution to a mob kill to be registered. As a result, they didn’t get any loot.

Nope. You remember it wrong. The bug which made people get less drops when killing enemies with a lot of health, such as champions, had been in the game since release. All that whining about a “nerf” to the drop rate was just that, empty whining.

Just like this.

And this.

And here, too.

And that other time.

And of course here.

If all those topics were true, there would be no ectos in the game anymore.

Ergo, I have proof that this community usually whines over non existing nerfs to drop rates. Do you have proof that loot has EVER been stealth nerfed? No? Such a pity.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to

Loot nerfs

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Looking at volume of sales I do not see a decrease in sales of Tier 6 mats.

What drops I do see can be explained. Bones, dust and claws do not drop in Southsun Cove but orr. Not a lot of people are going there at the moment. So that would explain the drop of those mats.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/page/6#post2121291

All the mats that do drop in Southsun Cove I do not show a drop in volume.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Loot nerfs

Erasculio.2914

I wish we could see how many Tier 6 mats the OP here is trying to sell. I would guess quite a lot, to go to all the trouble of trying to pretend their drop rate has been nerfed.

Loot nerfs

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

True, but that doesnt really change the fact that loot drops are way too random.

If I kill 5 level 80 veterans standing around in Cursed what should I get? How do I reason?

An exotic? No, that’s very rare even in dungeons. Great if it drops, but not expected at all even with high MF chance.

A rare? Well it is 5 high level veterans, so chances should be decent that one of them drop a rare piece. But as with exotic, not really expected.

A green? I would totally expect that, yes. I would even expect a couple of them.

A blue? Given, veterans should have a high chance of giving you minimal loot in terms of either blue crap or some silver.

T5-6 material? Should be high chance to get T5 and over 5 veterans, decent chance to get a T6 as well.

Now… What did I actually get? A couple of porus bones from one of the veterans, the other 4 doesnt have any loot.

That’s how kittened up this game is on the basic loot level.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Loot nerfs

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Anet responses seem to indicate that it was accidental.

As in “oops, we got caught”.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Loot nerfs

rizzo.1079

True, but that doesnt really change the fact that loot drops are way too random.

If I kill 5 level 80 veterans standing around in Cursed what should I get? How do I reason?

An exotic? No, that’s very rare even in dungeons. Great if it drops, but not expected at all even with high MF chance.

A rare? Well it is 5 high level veterans, so chances should be decent that one of them drop a rare piece. But as with exotic, not really expected.

A green? I would totally expect that, yes. I would even expect a couple of them.

A blue? Given, veterans should have a high chance of giving you minimal loot in terms of either blue crap or some silver.

T5-6 material? Should be high chance to get T5 and over 5 veterans, decent chance to get a T6 as well.

Now… What did I actually get? A couple of porus bones from one of the veterans, the other 4 doesnt have any loot.

That’s how kittened up this game is on the basic loot level.

5 vets is a TINY sample size. I would expect at least one of them to not drop any loot, personally. Your example would at least be slightly relevant if you’d said 5 champs, at least they’re supposed to drop loot of some sort every time, but that’s still a tiny, tiny sample size. At least in the case of the possible ecto nerfs people are coming up with numbers over hundreds of tries, which makes their data slightly meaningful.

Loot nerfs

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

It is a tiny sample, yes. But I bet that thousands of other players will say that they experience the same thing. It was just an example, not statistical proof of anything.

If you want to compare champions, take the dragon chests as prime example. What do they drop? Absolute crap in most cases – some blues, a green or two and that’s it. You have to kill at least a dozen dragons to have a chance at getting a single rare (ignoring guaranteed) which is absolutely horrible loot rate if you consider the total time it take to actually kill them. You can run CoF1 like 200 times before going through the spawns of these dragons.

Does it get better with +MF? Sure it does. Apparently according to Anet, all of us should run with +200% MF. Maybe then a yellow drop every 3rd dragon instead, yay.

… Want to bet that we are just months away from a new living story that introduce MF gear for gems?

Loot nerfs

rizzo.1079

Not true in any way, I usually get a yellow out of every 2-3 meta event chest. MF doesn’t affect them at all.

Loot nerfs

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Anet responses seem to indicate that it was accidental.

As in “oops, we got caught”.

No, as in, “Oops, MMORPGs are massive hulking beasts of a codebase and occasionally stuff goes wrong. When it does, it takes time to identify the problem.”

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Loot nerfs

pricer.5091

No sorry, you are wrong. I play enough hours and have continuously played enough hours to NOT be basing on this speculation. The loot I am receiving is definitely, categorically a lot worse and has continued to decline with every patch since November. FACT.

Whilst your results may be different that is my experience (and a lot of other peoples, including my guild) and its based on hundreds of hours playtime…not a casual observation. I worked up to approximately 400g worth of mats and gold to make Volcanusmany months ago. I wouldn’t even bother trying now, it would take far, far too long. In fact I’ve been saving every T6 mat I get for the last 3 months and I have way less than 40 of most of them. I used to get 10-15 Heavy Moldy Bags on a penitent event, now I get 5 if I’m lucky and they mostly drop silk and leather. I used to get 5-7 lodestones out of 250k worth of Karma in Jewellery boxes…yesterday I got one.

The only thing I personally havent noticed a nerf to is ecto hit rate, but I dont grind world events so dont actually salvage many rares.

edit: would really like an answer on this, as right now there is not a lot of point playing as what I want in the game is legendary (like a lot of people) and other expensive stuff. Which, whilst I’m ordinarily happy to pay the occasional microtransaction for I am certainly not going to spend hundreds of pounds of real money on….and wont spend one penny until I’m told what was done to loot, at which point I will need to make a decision whether to keep playing or not.

(edited by pricer.5091)

Loot nerfs

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

noticed a big change in wvw heavy lootbags too. i used to get a few t6 mats before and at least make a few coins here and there, but now i get mostly mithril,leather and silk…very frustrating…

Same thing happens to me all the time. It’s not just the bags from the Orr mobs it’s all the bags. I bought the ones from the Karma Vendor and from the Laurel Vendor and those dropped absolutely nothing from all of the ones I opened so I contacted support and they told me to report it as a bug, That’s been a month now. Nothing’s come from it because I tried again last week (before giving up ahem) and the bags I got (12) dropped a total of 1 T6 drop and it was an Ancient Bone something that I can actually get to drop off the trolls in the north (oddly usually when I’ve tried to get Powerful Bloods with my magic find character but that was months ago).

I guess what I’m saying is all bags are affected All RNG functions seem to be doing the same thing for me and It’s more then just a Glob problem and I don’t seem to be the only one who has this problem.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Loot nerfs

Bloodstealer.5978

Southsun drops are the same as they were last week and the week before for me. If you’re putting greens in the MT expecting to get yellows, well, that’s always been a losing proposition and you’re better off just selling the greens.

Don’t talk silliness… its always been a good way to get Ecto’s .. greens are for forging, blues you sell for trash coin and whites you recycle for mats…
RNG is RNG.. doesn’t matter what colour you put in the forge, lady luck is the same no matter what.

For your info I have generated hundreds of rares to break down for ecto’s in the forge, just this last week luck has not shone down on me or maybe there has been some closed door manipulation… luckily I don’t get hung up on loot envy and I am in no hurry for anything in particular to warrant getting overly upset about potential nerfs or not.

Loot nerfs

pricer.5091

I wish we could see how many Tier 6 mats the OP here is trying to sell. I would guess quite a lot, to go to all the trouble of trying to pretend their drop rate has been nerfed.

Im not trying to sell ANY. Because the amount I have gathered and been saving over the last three months is worth less than 10g…and thats the problem.

Door is over there, thanks for popping by with your worthless inanity.

Loot nerfs

Bloodstealer.5978

Nope. You remember it wrong. The bug which made people get less drops when killing enemies with a lot of health, such as champions, had been in the game since release. All that whining about a “nerf” to the drop rate was just that, empty whining.

Just like this.

And this.

And here, too.

And that other time.

And of course here.

Ergo, I have proof that this community usually whines over non existing nerfs to drop rates. Do you have proof that loot has EVER been stealth nerfed? No? Such a pity.

One could ask .. do you have proof that they weren’t nerfed?… No, ooh that’s good we cleared that up then I guess….

Your as much at fault as the so called whiner you like to insult.. you base your claim of non-existant loot drop nerfs on what.. ooh yeah opinion and conjecture… see the irony in that.

Loot nerfs

pricer.5091

Fact is the entire forum is full of people claiming loot nerfs and none claiming that loot is great. Whilst I accept that the forum isnt representative of EVERYONE….it can be taken as a good indicator that there is a perceived problem. As far as Im aware Anet have neither confirmed or denied increasing loot nerfs over recent patches and they werent in the patch notes.

As stated at the beginning, I actually dont care if they have or not, I just want to know (for definite), so I can use that as a basis to decide whether or not to continue pursuing the game and also investing in it. because right now, for me personally, there is no point as I will never achieve what I want to achieve in the game. Which 3 months ago, I reasonably thought I could.

I am under no illusion that they will answer the question….unless of course there is some kind of bug they intend fixing. Because if the nerfs have been deliberate and they say they were deliberate, the game will drop players like nothing on earth.

(edited by pricer.5091)

Loot nerfs

Bloodstealer.5978

Actually today has been my best day in Southsun since it went live.. 2 mini’s, an Exo settler accessory, 3 Supply crates (all full of trash mind u), 3 Rares, a handful of greens and a lot of T5, T6 mats.. all in an hours shelk farming.. so that baby Quaggan I sacrificed last night did the trick – they love me…. they reeeallyyy love me!

Loot nerfs

rizzo.1079

Don’t talk silliness… its always been a good way to get Ecto’s .. greens are for forging, blues you sell for trash coin and whites you recycle for mats…
RNG is RNG.. doesn’t matter what colour you put in the forge, lady luck is the same no matter what.

For your info I have generated hundreds of rares to break down for ecto’s in the forge, just this last week luck has not shone down on me or maybe there has been some closed door manipulation… luckily I don’t get hung up on loot envy and I am in no hurry for anything in particular to warrant getting overly upset about potential nerfs or not.

In my experience the forge sucks at making rares, I get maybe 1 in 10 tries.

Loot nerfs

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Just like this.

And this.

And here, too.

And that other time.

And of course here.

Are you going to copy and paste this in every single thread?

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Loot nerfs

Erasculio.2914

No sorry, you are wrong. I play enough hours and have continuously played enough hours to NOT be basing on this speculation. The loot I am receiving is definitely, categorically a lot worse and has continued to decline with every patch since November. FACT

Wrong. Rather obviously wrong, for the records. That’s easy to learn, by the way. Do you know why? Because…

One could ask .. do you have proof that they weren’t nerfed?… No, ooh that’s good we cleared that up then I guess….

…I simply have a brain. If ectos had been nerfed as often as those players accused ArenaNet of lying to them, there would be no ectos in the game anymore as the drop rate would have been nerfed to near zero.

Is that what you see happening in the game? No? You’re welcome for having that cleared up.

In every single topic in which farmers get on their soapbox to complain about an imaginary nerf to the drop rates. It’s not my fault that we get weekly topics like that, all claiming that loot has been nerfed in the last few days.

Loot nerfs

Posted by: Malevil.2104

Malevil.2104

…I simply have a brain. If ectos had been nerfed as often as those players accused ArenaNet of lying to them, there would be no ectos in the game anymore as the drop rate would have been nerfed to near zero.

Don’t fancy yourself too much, your brain might be not that great … Only official response so far is that they are looking into it, but here you go , mighty superman who knows better than ANet themselves … right …

Loot nerfs

pricer.5091

Did I mention ectos? I did, and said I haven’t noticed them nerfed. Thankyou.

Am I a farmer? No I am not. Thankyou.

Are you a fanboy who doesn’t even read posts? Yes you are. You’re welcome.

Loot nerfs

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

There’s a big difference between this thread and the ecto thread. The ecto thread has many detailed data recorded by users in there. The complaint there is a lot more credible. This thread? “I feel like there is a loot nerf.”

Yea, good luck with that. Buy 1000 heavy moldy bags, open it, take a video of it for proof, and compare the amount of stuff you get to the data here:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heavy_Moldy_Bag/Drop_rate

And then determine if any deviance you have is statistically significant.

Loot nerfs

Posted by: Tinboy.7954

Tinboy.7954

Drop rates seem fine to me. However, you should also note that if you farm in Orr, the hatchling spiders that are spawned from the veteran and champion spiders do not give loot. Previously, the hatchling spiders spawned by the veterans gives loots, so if you are farming in shelter/penitent, you will see a drastically “lower” drop rate. Before the loot-less spiders, I averaged about 10 moldy bags per shelter event. Now it seems that I get only 3-4 bags per event.

Loot nerfs

Geotherma.2395

There’s a big difference between this thread and the ecto thread. The ecto thread has many detailed data recorded by users in there. The complaint there is a lot more credible. This thread? “I feel like there is a loot nerf.”

Yea, good luck with that. Buy 1000 heavy moldy bags, open it, take a video of it for proof, and compare the amount of stuff you get to the data here:

o.o Why you talken about me bro! :P
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/3000-Heavy-Moldy-Bags/first#post1988123

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

Loot nerfs

Ursan.7846

Yeaaaa, thanks for not giving me the source file and making me re-type all your data (I kid.)

Your distribution is pretty close to what the wiki reports.

My point still stands. Unless you show actual data with a large sample size, properly time stamped, you’re not going to be very convincing (Whereas the ecto thread is very convincing.)

Attachments:

Loot nerfs

Geotherma.2395

Yeaaaa, thanks for not giving me the source file and making me re-type all your data (I kid.)

Your distribution is pretty close to what the wiki reports.

My point still stands. Unless you show actual data with a large sample size, properly time stamped, you’re not going to be very convincing (Whereas the ecto thread is very convincing.)

Thats why I pretty much always include videos This was a while ago though as you can see.

On a side note, did you see the 2ish items that only dropped twice? Wacky, just wacky.

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

Loot nerfs

Bloodstealer.5978

No sorry, you are wrong. I play enough hours and have continuously played enough hours to NOT be basing on this speculation. The loot I am receiving is definitely, categorically a lot worse and has continued to decline with every patch since November. FACT

Wrong. Rather obviously wrong, for the records. That’s easy to learn, by the way. Do you know why? Because…

Is that what you see happening in the game? No? You’re welcome for having that cleared up.

In every single topic in which farmers get on their soapbox to complain about an imaginary nerf to the drop rates. It’s not my fault that we get weekly topics like that, all claiming that loot has been nerfed in the last few days.

Of course now might be the time for you to start back peddling.. seeing they have highlighted the "bug introduced into salvaging… its ok though, I am sure you can find some other use for the rose tinted glasses you just trod on

Loot nerfs

Ursan.7846

Of course now might be the time for you to start back peddling.. seeing they have highlighted the "bug introduced into salvaging… its ok though, I am sure you can find some other use for the rose tinted glasses you just trod on

I like to re-iterate this, but the ecto thread had mountain of hard data, thoroughly recorded and presented.

What does this thread have? None of that meticulous evidence-gathering.

Until posters gather sufficient data and post it, this thread remains utterly unconvincing that there’s some “nerf.” I really hope the success of the ecto thread persuades people to actually present some evidence when making accusations, right or wrong.

Loot nerfs

pricer.5091

I like to re-iterate this, but the ecto thread had mountain of hard data, thoroughly recorded and presented.

What does this thread have? None of that meticulous evidence-gathering.

Until posters gather sufficient data and post it, this thread remains utterly unconvincing that there’s some “nerf.” I really hope the success of the ecto thread persuades people to actually present some evidence when making accusations, right or wrong.

Who actually cares what you think? The onus of proving a complaint is not on the customer, it is on the company to investigate it and confirm if there is a problem or not. The fact that there are hundreds of posts about this should be evidence enough.

If you bought a camera that you thought had a fault, would you be expected to take hundreds of photos with it and send them to the camera manufacturer? No, you owuld complain, send it back, they would investigate it and if neccesary fix it.

Its called customer service.

The reason there almost certainly wont be an admission of a fault on this one, is because I’m fairly convinced its intentional. Bag drop rates for example have dropped in every single zone, including the starter zones.

So Im still waiting for the answer? What I’m not waiting for is specualtive, ridiculous, fan statements like yours with no grounding in fact.

So John Smith – Bug or intentional?

Loot nerfs

Ursan.7846

What I’m not waiting for is specualtive, ridiculous, fan statements like yours with no grounding in fact.

“No grounding in fact.”

The statement that “You are unconvincing, unless you present some detailed evidence,” is a factual statement. I’m not sure you actually read my post?

What happens if an Anet rep comes out and states, “nope, nothing has changed?” What evidence do you have to prove that there is truly a problem? Anecdotal evidence isn’t going to cut it. The ecto thread was successful because of the vast amounts of data recorded and presented to the community. If you truly want to convince the community and Anet that you are right, then showing some hard evidence is the best way to do this, not “I feel like there’s a problem.”

And this is a fact.

Please do note that I’m not saying you’re definitely wrong. Without any official statement, anything can be possible. However, it’s incredibly hard to take seriously accusations based purely on anecdotal evidence.

(edited by Ursan.7846)

Loot nerfs

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Well whatever anet says now is quite irrelevant.

Remember fractal loot nerfs? “we didn’t change anything” – YET! Every single fractal runner will concur that the loot used to be A LOT better. Now it’s complete trash.

3 rares from 48 whereas I remember a time for 10 rares at 10. Isn’t that fancy. “bubububu anet said”

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Loot nerfs

pricer.5091

OK. So ANet can let the anecdotal evidence pile up, continue to ignore it, deny there is any problem possibly and what? People who are fed up will leave.

Couple this with expansions like Frame and Frost and Soutshun and erm…game dead by the time Teso/ Archeage / FFX or whatever the next big thing is.

Like I said, dont care…Im just not financially supporting a company that doesnt care either.

Loot nerfs

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Actually, compare it to Geotherma’s data. The methodology they ask you to follow on the wiki is not terribly useful and is not followed consistently; their data sets also have some glaringly bad data points in them (for example, the Vicious Fang drop rate in that set is badly off).

Geo’s data, on the other hand, is very consistent with what I’ve gathered myself.

Loot nerfs

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

OK. So ANet can let the anecdotal evidence pile up, continue to ignore it

I don’t think they’re ignoring it. Given the size of the player base, the way people tend to see patterns that are not there, maintain selective memories, and overreact to bad streaks, I would expect a certain number of anecdotes to pile up in any given period of time.

People complaining about the loot doesn’t mean there’s a problem – on the contrary, a certain number of posts complaining about the loot are expected and are evidence that everything is working as intended. No one complaining about the loot? Now that’s a sign that something is broken.

Loot nerfs

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

You’re being disingenuous here.

Here’s the thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Share-your-data-about-perceived-strange-drop-behavior-here/page/31#post1462940

The complaints were about poor drop rates and in fact were proved to be 100% correct. People may have been incorrect about it being deliberate but they were correct about there poor drop rates. And indeed Anets handling of the whole issue left a lot to be desired.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Loot nerfs

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

clearly you never played fotms…
Devs stated they never touched loots

But when you change something like 50% drops and you after see it reduced to something like 1% its quite noticeable

Oh and they clearly changed drops again on 30 april patch…..

and when devs confirmed (after groups of player posting lot of data to make a credible sample) it at least other 2-3 times….

So i fear you are quite wrong.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.