Lost Shores Feedback Thread

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Grannysaff.5946

Grannysaff.5946

I really do think that having such a short spawn time on the chest was ridiculous. I died on the ramp just before final fight with the ancient and no one came back to res me. I had to teleport to the wp which was nowhere near the event and by the time I got back the event was over and the chest had gone. So after taking part in the entire 2+ hours of the event I finished with nothing but a repair bill. I appreciate that you can’t leave the chest there for people who didn’t take part to loot it too but at least you could have left it there long enough for players to fight there way back from the waypoint. I’m very disappointed.

Posted by: Zyrusticae.7245

Zyrusticae.7245

lol ^ ^ bet if you got a precursor you would be saying differently lets be real. You want the rewards but no one else to have it. People who got the precursors got lucky this time around, maybe one day it’ll be your turn

No, no one should get the chance. Then no one would be able to complain.

It’s that simple.

Posted by: Mistborn.5701

Mistborn.5701

I would hope the almost entirely negative 500+ posts in the previous thread were read and digested before it was deleted.

To summarize some of what I wrote in that thread, this entire weekend outside of the fractals dungeon was a complete disaster.

Here is what failed:
-Unbelievable lag for designed world events made a joke of their execution.
-One day timed chain events that were so horribly bugged that they were not able to be completed by the majority of the players.
-Cash shop lottery.
-Nearly zero rewards for hours of running around, checking wikis, forums, asking for help…..until the very last battle that just happened to be lag broken, kicked a huge amount of people out, and left them with nothing.

How to fix it in the future:
-Never do timed one day events again. Ever. Extend the event over a week and let players progress through their event chains. If you have a grand finale, design it to be repeatable for a 24 hour period.
-Absolutely fix the server load issues if you plan on having story events that play out in an open world fashion. Most of the content that I participated in was a lagged mess of sparks, aoes, pretty lights, disappearing mobs, insta deaths, and chaos. It was comical, not an engrossing story.
-I will not spend another cent on cash shop lottery items like the Consortium Chests again for the rest of my life. Lesson learned. Make anything you sell in the cash shop static with known rewards or dont bother.
-Make skins permanent unlocks that are tied to your account/character similar to dyes.
-Give out real rewards, even if they are only cosmetic, for the hours of gaming that it takes to complete these chain events and quests. The rewards received were astonishingly bad or nonexistent.
-Give everyone who participates in a major story event their rewards. Even if they get kicked. Taking three hours out of your day to complete a one time event only to be booted and get nothing is NOT an enjoyable and fun gaming experience.

Posted by: Ebola Fox.3208

Ebola Fox.3208

Fail big time ANet, Confused from day one, lag up the wazoo, DCed like a baws and no reward for 2 and half hours of basically rezzing others. no reward for DCing and relogging into a completed overflow shard either (not even a chance at a precursor ) No more one time events please, too hit and miss. I Did however enjoy the Skipping Rock JP. Your JP designer/s could make serious livings as dominatrices (sp?). :P

as Lynx commented above….

Bring back the Mad King…

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

lol ^ ^ bet if you got a precursor you would be saying differently lets be real. You want the rewards but no one else to have it. People who got the precursors got lucky this time around, maybe one day it’ll be your turn

You don’t get it, the difference in rewards for players went to unseen levels because of the presence in precursors coming out of the chest in large ammounts. That should not happen. Even in GW1 the rare minis were kept at a respectable drop rate, this is not on.

Either everyone gets one or keep the lottery for normal game play.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I also enjoyed the story aspect of the event. I suppose there wasn’t all that much to it, other than “Consortium pissed off the crab creatures, now we have to show them not to mess with us” but it still felt epic leading the charge against the giant boss with Hammerfall playing in the background (a special touch I added myself, mind you)

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: SDSkuld.9352

SDSkuld.9352

Just touching on the final event, I had fun.

It was challenging, as I went in with a low-level character without the right weapons on hand. The technical aspects were frustrating, as I did keep finding myself suddenly surrounded by hostile veteran karka that were in the process of killing me, only the computer hadn’t gotten around to tell me about them yet. The Reinforcement phases took too long.

The basic mechanics of the event, however, were great. I love that we set up a trap, and then herded the Ancient across the island into it using various environmental attacks on the way.

The loot at the end was a pleasant surprise. My level was too low for any Rare or Exotic rewards, but I got them anyway, at the lowest level each is available. Plus a 20-slot box is very welcome since I can’t make any boxes that big yet.

But all this positivity aside, this is probably the least fun thing I’ve done in GW2. It felt like a WoW dungeon, where I am glad to have experienced it once, but I would never put myself through it again, even with the promise of great loot at the end.

Posted by: CarzorStelatis.5396

CarzorStelatis.5396

personally i think EVERY cosmetic should b able to b bought via black lion ex. cultural armor and rare weapons that are just there for its skin none of the cultural armor is gotten for its stats it sucks its purely a cosmetic item that u want us to spend at least $1,300 in gems to get now and when i was trying to get it $3,200 to get it

Buying game items with real cash (i.e. pay-to-win) is supposed to be a crappy deal, to discourage people from doing it. That way the people who want to play the game to get rewards have an easier time than people who want to bribe the referee.

Posted by: hahawinner.5273

hahawinner.5273

First off, before I start, just wanna say this is not one of those flaming threads, this is just me giving some feedback.

The first part of the event, from about 12:00pm-1:00pm was pretty horrid with the connection issues and lag. Was seeing a lot of people were having similar issues on servers other than my own. The lag and disconnection issues made it unplayable to the point where people were having their whole server populous in Southsun Cove wiping and armor repair costs started to skyrocket since we were all dying due to lag and disconnections.

After the first part though, the connection and lag seemed to go back to what I would expect when everyone is trying to go into the same map at once, but it was playable.

As far as the event in terms of doing the event(this has nothing to do with lag or connection issues) I liked it, having to defeat wave after countless wave of monsters, having Champs and Vets running us into the ground, having the dead(or downed) everywhere and rushing to help them up because we NEEDED them, not just because some of us are nice. And then the chest at the end, made it worth it in my eyes since I was able to get some pieces I needed for my legendary(along with that 20 slot bag but I think everyone got one of those).

I personally would LOVE to see more events like this, providing that A-net can figure out what their issue is with server lag and connection in events like this. Only thing I wonder is why if WvWvW can have pretty much the exact same playing conditions(with people all logging into WvWvW), as we had in the event today, why can’t whatever is being done in WvWvW server sided be applied to all maps and zones? Again, this is not constructed to be a flaming post, just to relay my thoughts to A-net.

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

“due to precursors being handed out”

They where not handed out LIKE EVERYBODY THINKS THEY WHERE. Only a few got them from the chest. Most Where 2 Exotics, 3 Rares, a rare stat stone, and a 20 slot rare bag.

The 20 slot bag was the only thing people got useful, except the few that got a precursor of course.

Posted by: Achrmaeiad.8164

Achrmaeiad.8164

Feedback on phase 3 battle:

Liked:
- Forcing the Ancient Karka back to its nest. Knocking the tree over, shooting rocks, the landslide, and the explosive gas were all interesting mechanics and were a lot of fun. If there was more of that kind of stuff and less of the reinforcement wave stuff I would have 100% loved this section of the event (see dislikes).
- The actual battle with the Ancient Karka. It was fun, had a neat ending cinematic, and great rewards.

Disliked:
- Reinforcement waves. They took far too long to complete and it just ended up feeling like a grind. If they took about 1/3-1/2 of the time that they did, I think they would have been okay. The mortars at Fort Karka were a good start to decrease the monotony, but it wasn’t enough.
- Setting the explosives. This probably would have been okay if the number of enemies were reduced by around 1/3-1/2 and if the enemies weren’t invisible half the time. As it was, it felt more like a battle of attrition than anything else. It didn’t help that the Veteran and Champion Karkas spewed so much AoE that there were times when there really wasn’t any safe place to stand within reach.

Overall: 7/10 I enjoyed the event overall, but some of the aspects of it detracted from what was otherwise a well thought out chain.

Posted by: truecrisis.6081

truecrisis.6081

entitlements a btch

Posted by: Hypermoto.3461

Hypermoto.3461

The game crash that I and many others experienced at the end of the event where no loot was given pretty much invalidates all the pleasure I had in the Lost Shores event. For those that his happened to, it made for a memorable moment, just not the kind of thing that the GW2 team would be proud of.

Posted by: Coffeebot.3921

Coffeebot.3921

One time events with timezone exclusions are a terrible idea, if you MUST run them it’s better to run them over two days where the whole world can at least have some participation rather than the “epic and rewarding end” being missed by all the people who were asleep or having to go to work… we shouldn’t have to sactifice real life commitments just for a game and we shouldn’t have to miss out on the game because of these issues.

Not to mention the problems with DCing, lag across all zones (which affects the people not interested), the rewards being better than the mad king event but people didn’t do the karka event because the MK stuff was lackluster, the abundance of bugs.

Then there’s the execution issues, if you are in the habit of deleting mail because the game has trained you to just delete it if it contains no items then you wouldn’t know where to go for the event, much of the event seemed to be “kill stuff… kill lots of stuff for a very long time” but that seems to be what the game is all about in the end. The way the overflow system is set up provides easy playability with no queue times, but the fact that loot/rewards are overflow/server specific means that disconnection leads to a lack of reward, which is a direct result of having no queue and no system in place to put the player back in the overflow server they originated from.

Overall the event was pretty poor, many of the problems this event had have been seen on other MMOs like Rift, a sense of “our technology can handle it where others can’t” is just arrogance that many developers seem to have, one time events prevent participation by people from a variety of time zones which creates an excursionist environment and setting reward precedents means that players who saw terrible rewards for lots of participation in other events won’t participate and then get bitten when the rewards turn out to be good.

Conclusion: It was pretty terrible for your first “come and see if you haven’t played GW2 yet” event.

Fornicate like you’ve never fornicated before.
I am anti-censorship, for it doesn’t make sense to pander to a minority.

(edited by Coffeebot.3921)

Posted by: Moka.9641

Moka.9641

I don’t have a lot of time for posting, so it will be very short!

-Phase 1 : A lot of lag, unplayable but everyone got to participate
-Phase 2 : I didn’t had problems following the story, but I hear a lot of people did and missed out a lot of conversation and lore. It would be nice to have some indication on the map where to go, etc (Sorry if I didn’t saw it on the map)
-Phase 3 : I didn’t get the time to participate in it, but from what I heard, the reinforcement part was really tedious and long, I suggest to not extend something like that for that long. And because it’s a one time event, DC problems was spreading and not everyone had their rewards. A loot of complaints and a lot of them were legitimate even though I would appreciate less flaming.
Verdict : 4/10

-FoTM : Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaziiiiiiiiiiiiiing!
Verdict : 9.5/10
- Southsun Cove : I like this map! Attention to detail is remarkable!
Verdict : 8.5/10

Overall : 7.33/10 (Considering each part equal)

My suggestions : I know you guys maybe limited in resources and I do a lot of work in numerical programming ; so I understand all the bugs and stuff, it’s pretty hard when I’m trying to look for a line in 985729385729 pages of code.

-I think it’s possible, make it the one-time event instanced like personal stories(party up?) or the mad clock tower (Spread out people in different instances) accessible for like one week. It would solve all problems of people not being able to participate in it due to time restrictions and maybe it would also solve all the lag issues and invisible monsters that most people were complaining about.

But, Anet is awesome! Please bring more content and I have faith in you guys and I know that you guys work really hard!

[AW]- The Holy Engineer

Posted by: Dokem.2634

Dokem.2634

This failed for me too. No precursor. Just lag and bugged unfinished quests. Shame on you ANet. Really.

Yak’s Bend
Coalicion [GWH]

Posted by: Melliarc.5870

Melliarc.5870

Mad King’s event was great and very fun the whole week. I would have given it a 9/10 (nobody can be perfect heh?)

But the Lost Shores event is really disappointing. Even before the disconnection fiasco of the final event, I was already disappointed.

Phase 1 was so bugged that some of my guild mates didn’t manage to finish it. I was lucky on that one and could do the whole phase 1 because Anet made it run till the end of phase 2.

Phase 2 event never started on my overflow. However, I managed to get to Southsun and do the whole event chain. That chain was fun, getting from the landing site up to Camp Karka. This was really a great chain that was well paced. Maybe give a warning that phase 2 is done at the end thought. What to do next was a bit confusing to figure out.

After that, I did the jumping puzzles and both were great. However, I doubt I’ll ever go back to Southsun Cove after that. No map completion, other events on the map are generic and bland. Karkas are rather hard to kill for not much loot. I prefer running around Orr or any other place with cool event chains like the temples or events like the dragons. The map is good looking but not really fun to play in once the main event is done.

Phase 3 was great up to the reinforcements part. It started to lag as hell and took forever to kill the veteran young karkas. It’s not normal that our server took over 3 hours to beat the event. It should run for about an hour max. The 2nd reinforcements was way too much, you were already testing our patience. The whole disconnecting fiasco was the cherry on the cake which screwed all the little appreciation I could have still got from that event.

Without the game crashing at the end I would have rated Lost Shore maybe 5 or 6/10.
With the disconnection and no final event credit, it’s a big 3/10.

Last bit. If that content would have cost something, that would have been the last content I would have bought for Guild Wars 2. Glady it was free, and thank you for that.

Posted by: Embyrstar.1207

Embyrstar.1207

I really, really liked the event and the concept of the event. Considering this is a trailblazing MMO doing a first-of-its-kind, one time event, I thought it went okay. Yeah, it was buggy, but I spent most of my weekend out and about and was still able to participate in most of the event.

My thought: you might consider “instancing” some of the larger events, like the final boss. You could do this with smaller overflow servers/segments/districts (i.e. GW1) of up to 25 or 50 people. That way you can control some of the lag issues and people who DC can be more easily slotted back into their original shard/district.

As an aside, let me just say, those of you who think you should get special treatment because you couldn’t play due to scheduling should try that logic on major film companies who do move premiers in exclusive locations. Or musicians/bands who hold one-time-only reunion concerts. Not everyone gets to experience everything in life. You were told several weeks ago that this event was happening. Next time, figure out how to make it fit your schedule.

To the Devs: I think this was a great place to start with your monthly world events. Build off this weekend’s event in the future and this game will be fun, vibrant, and successful for a long, long time.

Posted by: Captain Harlock.1568

Captain Harlock.1568

Solution for such “one time” events in future:

-Make an achievement the game checks that prevents spawning the chest on repeat. (alt chars don’t work cause the achievement is there.) or spawn a lesser chest with lesser goods on repeat so people bother to come back.

-Have the event repeat all day so it maximizes players being able to participate no matter the time zone, and prevents overloading the server having everyone go for a once only event.

Posted by: zMADCAT.7831

zMADCAT.7831

Great event guys, love the new dungeons and zone, however it completely dumbfounds me why you would make the reward for people participating in the weekend a one time based event with no options for those not able to get involved to get a reward.

Lets face it we all died heaps over the weekend and suffered the age old dilemma of killing bosses and veterans at great effort for poor / irrelevant loot rewards so it does sting a little to finally see some good loot drop but not be able to get it

Admittedly it’s just loot and it was a fun weekend (even with the bugged npc’s trying not to play the game ) but it’s sad to tarnish a fun event by not rewarding all the people involved when you could just send a mail to everyone that played with the reward or run a mini version of the event a few times.

Keep up the good work but try to make things fairer for all your players not just the lucky ones

Posted by: Uriel Blackadder.7586

Uriel Blackadder.7586

I understood one time event to be “only this weekend” which is fine. Major lag and fps issues I can handle; there is no game I’ve ever played that could handle an entire server doing one thing. It’s to be expected. But having the actual end boss fight being a one time only thing seems like a giant middle finger to those of us who had something to do. I expected to be able to do it the last day of the event. That wasn’t the case. Imagine if the first time Zhaitan was killed, that’s it. Everyone else who didn’t get there in time, sorry. Extremely dissatisfied with it being done that way. I find it hard to believe that no one raised an objection of “wait, we’re really going to only do it once?” during any dev meeting. So there was some justification for doing it that way presumably. I’d like to hear what it was. Right now, this feels like a thinly veiled marketing attempt to bring people back, not a legitimate attempt to add more depth to an already beautiful and complex world.

Posted by: Caveat Emptor.6032

Caveat Emptor.6032

Boring, confusing, repetitive and awfully executed. Why even bother making an open world event when the game engine clearly can’t handle it (yet) making the game even less attractive than it already is.

+1 for Fractals of the Mists though.

More unique dungeons, less open world events.

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

personally i think EVERY cosmetic should b able to b bought via black lion ex. cultural armor and rare weapons that are just there for its skin none of the cultural armor is gotten for its stats it sucks its purely a cosmetic item that u want us to spend at least $1,300 in gems to get now and when i was trying to get it $3,200 to get it

Buying game items with real cash (i.e. pay-to-win) is supposed to be a crappy deal, to discourage people from doing it. That way the people who want to play the game to get rewards have an easier time than people who want to bribe the referee.

OP said cosmetic, though. Cosmetics aren’t pay-to-win, they’re pay-to-look-cool. Big difference.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

lol, best player evar!!!!

EDITING……this is not the thread I posted in. I posted in a thread that only had 2post in it one of which with a link to a vid. How this ended up here is mystery to me.

(edited by Akari Storm.6809)

Posted by: Kalico.9246

Kalico.9246

I don’t think I can add much more aside from what has already been said (still annoyed I couldn’t finish the largos event), but I’d like to make a plea as a player in a timezone outside the US.

I realise that the market for the game is obviously mainly based in the US and EU but it really feels like I, and my friends miss out on all the exciting things when it comes to one time events. The same thing happened for Halloween. It is just not possible to schedule for me to play for 2 hours at 8am in the morning for a 2 hour event. I missed the beginning attack in LA for phase one, the transition event to phase two and desperately logged in after breakfast and dropping kids at school to find the event boss is dead on overflows and my server. I know people are complaining about not getting any loot but at least you got to participate! There are so many Aussies, NZers and people from Asia who miss out on these one time events and I realise that they can’t be repeating events because that would take the “specialness” away from them but there needs to be a way for all players to at least have the chance to participate if they want to. It’s just not possible for me to wake up at 4am to prepare for it.

So please, consider some kind of instancing of these special events, so that Aussies and other oceanic guilds can have a crack at them if they need to a few hours (more like 12 hrs) after the event becomes available. If the event was linked to some kind of one-time achievement that blocks you entering a queue for it once you have it would stop farming and preserve the specialness.

I really hate feeling like I’m being left out. We play while American players are sleeping, keeping WvWvW matches going and that makes it feel like we are doing an important job but when it comes to PvE it’s like we don’t exist at all and aren’t even given a chance to experience the content.

Posted by: Ryth.6518

Ryth.6518

Overall I give the event a 5 out of 10.

Jump Puzzle was cool. I’d like to see way more of these…even longer ones. This one was pretty cool..for a minute I thought it was going to go around the whole island as was excited. (would be nice to have waypoints for some super long puzzles that you unlock on the way).

Timing of the events needs to change…time to move away from GMT and to country time zones.

The starting event at 12PM PST is just not acceptable for the USA.

Starting events need to be PS (Personal story) type where you can experience it and see what is happening. Many of us just came in and the event was already done by the time we got home on Day 1.

For the final event, I was 50-50 on it. The issue was just the mobs did some absurd damage (1 shotting people) and the respawns and reinforcements were just really time consuming. The idea was cool..just failed in execution with mobs just appearing on us.

Also, not knowing where to go ahead of time…there needs to be SOME direction at times for events. Not the world…just events.

(edited by Ryth.6518)

Posted by: SirShaun.6023

SirShaun.6023

People who got the precursors got lucky this time around, maybe one day it’ll be your turn

problem is that it wont be our turn because its a ONE OFF EVENT, its not even repeated so kevlon dont try to calm our anger down, i didn’t even get to the chest it dissapeared on me after being left behind on the ramp

Posted by: Bruno Martin.8025

Bruno Martin.8025

Like many people, got disconnected right before the reward and lost it.
Lag at the end was making the game nigh impossible to play. Like 20 sec response delay.
It was really slow to progreess through the last stages of the Karka fight, but maybe because there were fewer people than expected at the overflow servers, and partly because people were pointing aimlessly at every monster without concentrating DPS. From the time the team started focussing on single veterans and cleaning them one by one before bigger ones, things got a bit better. But the real boss was the lag at the end…
It’s just a pity I ended up without any rewards because of a ill timed disconnect. I wish there is a way to fix this. If there is a way to record who was present but didn’t get rewards and mail them…
Maybe too tricky to do :/

Posted by: CarzorStelatis.5396

CarzorStelatis.5396

Guild Wars 1: Events that repeat every 4 hours…. good
Guild Wars 2: One shot events…. bad

I think it’s been pretty apparent from the Beta Weekend close events, to Halloween, and especially now, that the servers cant handle one shot events. At least with the guild wars 1 model the load was distributed as people picked the times that best worked with their schedules.

The worst part of this is the impact to the game as a whole as a result of this event that people will never be able to experience again. I honestly can’t think of any good reason to do one shot events of this magnitude.

The GW1 servers couldn’t handle the every-four-hours events either. Up until the player population went off a cliff (in about 2010 or so), GW1 would have multi-second lag at the big ones like Wintersday (used to have to login and zone to the event location 30 minutes before the start because of this). The only reason Arenanet got away with it was because most GW1 events were non-combat: it didn’t matter if the game took 10 seconds to respond to input because you were basically watching a nicely art-directed cutscene of the Mad King/Dwayna/Grenth etc.

Posted by: Beric.3702

Beric.3702

I guess this is why WoW could not provide frequent and unique updates despite claiming 15 of hours dollars a month…

Posted by: Jns.1059

Jns.1059

I wish I had done it on my lvl 80, but rewards aside, I really enjoyed some parts of the event. I hope they’ll add an elite area soon. It would be great to do scaling content as a guild!

Posted by: Juris Doctor.9842

Juris Doctor.9842

Personally, I had a great time during today’s final event. The entire chain lasted 2.5 hours on my overflow and while we had our own difficulties and set backs, the finale and reward made it well worth the effort. Additionally, I experienced minimum graphical lag and almost no server lag throughout the session – a huge improvement on Friday’s event.

Given the size of this event and the fact that it was the first of its kind, I think the team did a tremendous job.

That said, it’s evident that experiences differed. And it is becoming clear that the relatively few players that were unhappy with this event will be much more vocal here than those who, like myself, really enjoyed themselves.

Tarnished Coast [US] | Kerrick – Guardian

Posted by: Wote.3627

Wote.3627

As far as the event in terms of doing the event(this has nothing to do with lag or connection issues) I liked it, having to defeat wave after countless wave of monsters, having Champs and Vets running us into the ground, having the dead(or downed) everywhere and rushing to help them up because we NEEDED them, not just because some of us are nice. And then the chest at the end, made it worth it in my eyes since I was able to get some pieces I needed for my legendary(along with that 20 slot bag but I think everyone got one of those).

This was pretty much my experience. As a mid-level character, I wound up with some pretty sweet gear that’ll make my life easier for the next chunk of levelling.

I personally would LOVE to see more events like this, providing that A-net can figure out what their issue is with server lag and connection in events like this. Only thing I wonder is why if WvWvW can have pretty much the exact same playing conditions(with people all logging into WvWvW), as we had in the event today, why can’t whatever is being done in WvWvW server sided be applied to all maps and zones? Again, this is not constructed to be a flaming post, just to relay my thoughts to A-net.

I’m also hoping that’s the case. Personally, I suspect part of the motivation for doing the Halloween and Lost Shores events so early in the game’s life is to get data points so that they know how to make these events run more smoothly in the future.

Overall, though, I agree with your take on the whole thing.

The Tyria Wildlife Fund: Having absolutely nothing to do with the Cyborg Moa Incident since 1325 AE.

… Yes, we know that it happened in 1326 AE. We had that little to do with it. We swear.

Posted by: vorir.7684

vorir.7684

Thank you for a positive post. I, too, had an incredible time. It was exhilarating!

Thank you, Anet!

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

While twitter is a great medium for getting a message out fast, this isn’t the appropriate use for it. (ie stand near the lighthouse 10 min before event starts). Not everyone has facebook/twitter. You have an in-game mail engine, please use it for this. eg mail from Whispers Agent “PSST. I heard a rumour that you might want to be near…”

I agree wholeheartedly with this point. Facebook/Twitter should only be tools, not necessities.

All any GW2 player should need to get all the communication and information they need is to log into the game. If the systems for that do not exist in the game, they need to be created.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Posted by: Kiviar.7063

Kiviar.7063

If you are so happy with the event why do you care that people want it redone so they have a chance to experience it like you did?

Because I can tell you the majority of GW2 players did not get the chance you had.

Posted by: Jade.1236

Jade.1236

To me this entire event has been a clusterbag of no no’s. Not only were the NPC’s bugged in part one so I did not get to finish, but the event today glitched out for over twenty people that I know and they were all unable to loot the chest.

I understand that this game is not perfect, but I had sincerely hoped you guys had learned something from the Halloween event. Apparently not. I do feel that when the next world event comes I won’t be participating, and if I continue to see a lack of customer caring as far as releasing content goes I’ll find another game to occupy my time.

Posted by: Ruan Jacobz.1398

Ruan Jacobz.1398

I was one of the few lucky ones I guess who didn’t suffer from lags or disconnects, and this is coming from a South African connection, so really lucky. I played from start to finish and the event was some of the most fun I’ve ever had in a game. Thank you guys for bringing us this awesome content. I really hope we get more events like this in the future (and of course minus the lag problems), the idea was beautiful.

Posted by: Raebfle.5914

Raebfle.5914

Glad you had a good time. I live outside of the US continent and there was no regard for anyone else. Unfortunately, it is Monday here and some of us have lives and cannot schedule ourselves for an event we want to participate in, so I missed out entirely. Not only that, I felt it was poorly planned and executed as continually being buggy made for an undesirable gaming experience.

While I am sincerely glad that you had fun, I wish that I too could have participated and been able to experience the event that was hyped up for so long. I feel that as a customer, who has paid good money to play, it is a little unfair to make it a 2 day bug fest and expect everyone to adhere to an American time in order to experience it.

But glad you enjoyed yourself!

Posted by: GregT.4702

GregT.4702

Yes! If there had been no lag, and no DCs, and the reinforcement waves had scaled properly, the final boss would have been amazingly good!

The idea was sound. The implementation was lacking.

Posted by: Sly Berditzmen.1596

Sly Berditzmen.1596

Final Event Rewards: Genius!???

I wouldn’t know. For 3 hours I stuck with it but in the end I failed! You see, as I was coming down the ramp I was over run by the ridiculous never ending hordes of hatchlings. Several kind folks tried to stop and rez me but they too were being swarmed so they moved on. I was in a position that I was able to see the ending as the ancient was defeated and I saw the chest where it spawned. It was several moments before a kind soul finally came up the ramp and rezzed me. I immediately headed down the ramp to claim my prize only to see the chest disappear just before I got to it!

I had fun but was a bit depressed that I got nothing to show for 3 hours of killin and rezzin!

Posted by: Dokem.2634

Dokem.2634

I think the minority here had a great time. The minority with cutting edge hardware and the minority that got precursors as loot.

People with regular and subpar computers are not happy right now. People that wasted 3 hours of mindless lagfest and got disconnected in the end with no rewards and people that didn’t got precursors are not happy.

The only decent thing of the weekend is the new dungeon and that wasn’t part of the event per se.

Yak’s Bend
Coalicion [GWH]

(edited by Dokem.2634)

Posted by: Ryth.6518

Ryth.6518

Personally, I had a great time during today’s final event. The entire chain lasted 2.5 hours on my overflow and while we had our own difficulties and set backs, the finale and reward made it well worth the effort. Additionally, I experienced minimum graphical lag and almost no server lag throughout the session – a huge improvement on Friday’s event.

Given the size of this event and the fact that it was the first of its kind, I think the team did a tremendous job.

That said, it’s evident that experiences differed. And it is becoming clear that the relatively few players that were unhappy with this event will be much more vocal here than those who, like myself, really enjoyed themselves.

I enjoyed it but you have to be honest that there were a lot of flaws for this one. Halloween went smoothly…this one not so much.

Posted by: Atticus.7194

Atticus.7194

I’m not sure that’s true, while unhappy players are more vocal than sated players who had their fill of this it doesn’t negate the fact that through out the course of the day you have more and more players logging in who would have liked to have been part of this event yet for one reason or another couldn’t and don’t appreciate being left out because they couldn’t schedule their lives around this game (if I wanted to do that I would raid in WoW still).

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I liked the idea and the dungeon has been awesome, in fact some of the best instances our guild has done in mmo’s – so Kudos to the team there from us.

I’m not going to harp on about the obvious flaws, I think you’ve got the gist of how badly it went wrong technically (our server coulnd’t finish phase 3 as it bugged out and unlike other mmo, there’s no live GM on hand to ask for a fix). I think it is worth trying to do these things in longer stages. A weekend didn’t fit for a rp scenario let alone a gameplaying one.

Maybe first stage 1 week with a " to be continued.."
Stage 2 could be another week but after a short gap to build interest
finale a weekend later down the line.

Gives that epic story feel of the lionguard fighting back and forth and you could have all sorts of mini DE’s running on the zone in between just to keep the mometum up.

I think someone summed it up best when they said your ambition outdid what you could achieve. Great idea, enjoyable content when it worked, but I really think we’d all enjoy the game just as much if things worked, even if they aren’t always groundbreaking everytime.

Posted by: Karzon.4792

Karzon.4792

Would of been nice for those of us in Non US times to get a crack at this. (IE Australia, New Zealand Ect) Log in expecting to dive right into an event and all we get is nothing. Not even the ability to participate in the event, Perhaps you guys can do a re-run of it?

Posted by: Jatari Thundercloud.3794

Jatari Thundercloud.3794

To me this entire event has been a clusterbag of no no’s. Not only were the NPC’s bugged in part one so I did not get to finish, but the event today glitched out for over twenty people that I know and they were all unable to loot the chest.

I understand that this game is not perfect, but I had sincerely hoped you guys had learned something from the Halloween event. Apparently not. I do feel that when the next world event comes I won’t be participating, and if I continue to see a lack of customer caring as far as releasing content goes I’ll find another game to occupy my time.

right with ya there Jade !!

Defensive Tactical Commander
Server : Dragonbrand

Posted by: Sister Sola.8109

Sister Sola.8109

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole event. The scavenger hunt was a lot of fun, and the two server-wide battles I was able to attend (the first and last) were great fun. I love the idea of one time events that open new content in the world, and bring so many players together to achieve a goal.

Suggestions for improvement:

1. These one time events should last longer, especially phased events of this magnitude. This event could’ve easily started this weekend and extended through the next.

2. Beef up the servers! I didn’t experience any lag, but I had a lot of guild mates lag so badly that they were unable to play through the whole end fight. Some DC’d. These are things you should expect and be prepared for, especially for something this huge, and on a free weekend.

Keep improving, ANet, and please continue to give us such exciting content!

Posted by: Nyxalith.4867

Nyxalith.4867

I want to start by saying that I have only been playing the game a few weeks (started at teh beginning of the last event) and I do enjoy the game in general. This event, however, was a total disaster. Let me tell you how it went from my experience. For note, this was on a level 40+.

Friday: I log in a few minutes before, and wait patiently for things to begin. Suddenly the cut scene starts, however, it has no sound. Partway through I get kicked off to the character selection screen. I log back in and end up in the overflow server, which wouldn’t be be a problem except that there were fewer people so it took longer to kill the creatures. Of course that doesn’t really matter because I couldn’t see nor target them. I ran around reviving people mostly, but that was all I could do. Finally we get to the ancient karka and I can see that one. YAY! After we kill it, I go try to do the investigation quests, only to find both Noll and Fhad are bugged. I logged out and back in several times trying to find an overflow where they weren’t bugged, but never did.

Saturday: We stand around for about 20 min. waiting for the catapults to finish. Finally we get a cut scene, but all I see is a few seconds of water and a boat mast, then it’s back to normal and the event text has changed. I decide to shrug it off and go on. I get to the pier and am asked which of the two I want to go to with no information about where they are, or if it matters which one I go to. So I choose one at random and soon find myself in the middge of a zerg ball. There are so many people everywhere, and so much going on that the lag becomes too much. I ended up with 3 FPS, unable to move, unable to attack. After confirming with friends that the NPCs were still bugged, I logged out in frustration.

Sunday: Despite everything that had happened, I wanted to finish this, and was hoping that the rewards for it all would be worth it. I got booted from teh main server minutes after the event started, and had to wait around on the overflow server for there to be enough people to help. Finally we get going. Unfortunatly, because I had turned all my graphics settings to the lowest setting in order to help prevent lag, I couldn’t see the ground effect circles nor the puddles of poison. These things should always be visible, even on the lowest settings, otherwise that isn’t really the lowest playable setting, is it? So after many deaths and finally figuring out what was wrong, I adjust it, but die in the process. No one seems to be coming back for me, so I release to teh waypoint. A few minutes later I finally appear there, with that phase of the event done and me getting little credit. So I try to get back to the group, but by now karka have respawned and are all over. By the time I sucessfully join them again, we are to the point of driving the ancient back to teh nesting grounds. I don’t know how long that took, but just as we were outside the cave, after 2 hours and 20 minutes of this, I get kicked out again. I frantically try to get back in, only to be dumped in a different overflow, which had completed it all already. Again, I log out and back in several times trying to get back to teh server I was on, but never could.

In the end, for the whole weekend event, I ended up with no loot, no story, and a small amount of xp, similar to an hour or two of playing.

Posted by: Gandolfi.1507

Gandolfi.1507

Quite unhappy with this at the moment.

Seriously love the game and have spent about 600 hours enjoying it so far, but I was really disappointed with the execution of the Lost Shores event. The design, new zone, new dungeon were fantastic, but the lag and bugs left me unable to complete the Miyani investigation and then final event.

The final event was especially galling as like so many others I battled the ancient karka for hours until the lag made the game unplayable and I finally got disconnected, then could not log back in to game or forums for over an hour. Of course it’s all over by then and I find I missed out some very useful items such as the karka box. I’m not even particularly bothered about the chance of a precursor, but it would have been nice to have a decent and useful memento of the one-time event.

Just feeling rather jaded now and starting to lose confidence in Anet – and I really didn’t see that coming. This is certainly not a frame of mind conducive to spending any more money in the gem store, by the way.

Godrik Gandolfi – human warrior; Lucius Foestabber – charr reaper
The Path Least Travelled, Gunnar’s Hold