Lost Shores event disconnect solution? [merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AW Lore.5682

AW Lore.5682

@hawkmoon
your comment would be apropiate if anet didnt give these boxes at all and kept saying “next week”
but so far some people have gotten it already, both those who got dced before the event as well as some who did the event.

so boxes have been delivered, so its not “we cling to hope”, its bad luck for some, and as it was said before, if by tomorrow you dont get your mail, contact support.

Posted by: XyFy.7082

XyFy.7082

Since they went trough so much to give this to people I guess they will finish what they started just give them the chance

Posted by: EMAN.6190

EMAN.6190

Update! Me and my friend just received our chests goodies in the mail! It may take a while for the rest to get theirs. My guildmates received theirs 1st and a couple of hours later I received mine and then my friend received his a few hours later. Thanks alot Anet!

Posted by: evo.8640

evo.8640

Have not received a chest in the mail.

Posted by: NuclearBuddha.8641

NuclearBuddha.8641

This is only for people who got disconnect RIGHT at the END, I got mine. Not if you got disconnected an hour before, two hours before, or you just didn’t even have time for it.

This is not the case. I participated late, in an overflow, and was disconnected in the second reinforcements wave. Now, perhaps I got a little present in the mail today (thanks for doing right by us, Anet!) because I specifically submitted a trouble ticket on it. But however it happened, I’m enjoying the 20 lot box, shell and (heh) Rage I got out of it.

Posted by: Frinix.3540

Frinix.3540

This is only for people who got disconnect RIGHT at the END, I got mine. Not if you got disconnected an hour before, two hours before, or you just didn’t even have time for it.

This is not the case. I participated late, in an overflow, and was disconnected in the second reinforcements wave. Now, perhaps I got a little present in the mail today (thanks for doing right by us, Anet!) because I specifically submitted a trouble ticket on it. But however it happened, I’m enjoying the 20 lot box, shell and (heh) Rage I got out of it.

My buddy received a chest today and he didn’t even kill 1 single karka. I haven’t received my chest yet at all and done the event, but, was disconnected myself :/

Posted by: Drakken.3427

Drakken.3427

still have not received a chest why?!

Posted by: Thuran.7624

Thuran.7624

7 hours so far, nothing, here is hoping I will get an early christmas present tomorrow morning ^^

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Was mentioned a few pages back perhaps they are rolling out by region if peoplewho havent recived a chest yet included where they were we might see a pattern?

Ulfar SOR

Posted by: Swystix.7459

Swystix.7459

Me and my two brothers live within 20 mins of each other, 1 of 3 has the chest so far :/

Posted by: Wanko.8103

Wanko.8103

Still don’t have one.

Posted by: Katmix.5721

Katmix.5721

I was somewhat miffed at the lost shores event bugs etc at the time , and basicly wrote it off as a waste of time and effort. Though there was a few fun spots as well.

However out of the blue i got a chest in the mail tonight. While some might think it wasn’t much Iam certainly pleased with its contents.

And just wanted to say Thanks ANET !

Posted by: HunterFox.2578

HunterFox.2578

For those of you who complained about Not being able to attend: thats life, youre probably adults so act like it. Its a game so you lost out this time. There will be others.

I feel sorry for anyone who did attempt it and something happened outside of you closing the game. I hope anet can get things in order soon.

Also, i was never given a precursor on either account my wife and I had. We only got named exos. Those who think anet gave out precursors to everyone are just mad they didnt get one.

I had fun and loved getting my rewards and hope those that actuLly participated get something worth the effort after being dc’ed.

Posted by: Malcheior Sveth.8162

Malcheior Sveth.8162

So people in my guild who overflow hopped to get the chest more than once are getting the extra chest. I, who only did the event once, don’t get another chest. How is that fair?

If you’re going to give the chest out to people who already got it, give it to all of us.

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

So people in my guild who overflow hopped to get the chest more than once are getting the extra chest. I, who only did the event once, don’t get another chest. How is that fair?

If you’re going to give the chest out to people who already got it, give it to all of us.

It should be clear by now that Areananet only cares about the people who obsessively play this game and grind out 20 hours a day. The people who play it for fun or try to get in the spirits of things and not abuse overflows aren’t important to them.

I should have figured this out after the portable mystic forge mess, but now fractals and this have made it perfectly clear.

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Really people? Always something to complain about…. Anet cant win, they should just fire the part of the player base that can never be satisfied.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: Schnuffles.5369

Schnuffles.5369

Anet says to send in support tickets if you still havent recieved a chest.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Ancient-Karka-Box/first#post939642

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

Anet says to send in support tickets if you still havent recieved a chest.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Ancient-Karka-Box/first#post939642

it says to send in a support ticket if you don’t have it by tomorrow, please don’t flood their support too early… (I’m still waiting btw, so I’m in your boat)

Posted by: Daemon.7682

Daemon.7682

I was disconnected during the final phase too and I heard today a lot of people were getting the chest. How was it decided who got the chest and who didn’t?

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Waiting for mine still

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

Still havnt seen one :-(

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I would assume you only send in a ticket if you qualify as someone who should get a chest. Not just because you want a second batch of loot.

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

Why should some people get 2 chests and others only 1? seems unfair

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

Posted by: Daemon.7682

Daemon.7682

Why should some people get 2 chests and others only 1? seems unfair

I know people have gotten the chest twice. Once during the event itself and then they were sent one.

Posted by: soulesswanderer.9714

soulesswanderer.9714

I better get something in the mail. I had five disconnects on five different servers between two toons. Never got to complete it on either toon.

Posted by: Pray For Kosmos.5849

Pray For Kosmos.5849

i support anet’s decision on sending chests as long as everyone receives it (even for people who have already participated). it would be too complicated to find out who, when, where, etc. they are trying to correct the problem. give them a chance.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

soulesswanderer.9714

Keep seeing people blowing up map chat having gotten their boxes, just feeling a little bit screwed by anet again on this. We’ll see if I get mine on either of my characters.

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Good to see this promised fix get implemented. I would have hated to have suffered through that final event and not gotten anything.

That said, I really hope that we don’t see such high value rewards in an one-time event that so many people had to miss because it didn’t fit their schedule.

The Mad King busting down the lion statue in LA was a much better one-time event. It was dramatic, it wasn’t teeth-grittingly tedious and since the dungeon remained up afterward, people to run it who couldn’t be online to witness the actual event. I think that should be more of a model for future one-time events.

I’ve never thought that any video game has the right to put ANY kind of pressure on a player’s RL schedule. Offering high value rewards for one-time events puts that kind of pressure for players to log on or miss substantial benefits (Just getting a 20 slot bag on my level 33 is VERY beneficial).

I really hope ArenaNet has learned from comparing the Mad King and the Lost Shores events and realize the Mad King was the better content for their customers (all the bugs in the Lost Shores aside).

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

I was one of the people who participated in the long event but didn’t get a chest. And… I got no mail…

On the other hand, I have a few people in my guild who got the chest even though they did not have this happen to them. One person did not even log into the game on the day on the event. Another person completed the event and got a chest and now got another one.

I think the only fair solution to this chaos would be to send a chest to every player who had not received one in the mail yet. This way, no one will complain because everyone will have gotten a chest. And.. I wouldn’t care that much if some people get a second one while others only get their first – mostly because I know there are people who got 5 during the actual event.

Posted by: Koloyuki.3940

Koloyuki.3940

Are the batches of rewards still being send out because I haven’t received one yet.
And I have been around at the event and got d’ced right at the end. I even send a bug report the moment I could log back in.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I was quite surprised by this! Thanks Anet!

I’m not going to complain about not getting a precursor because of three things.

1. I’m an engineer wouldn’t do me much good to have a flower child pistol and a guardian shield
  1. I don’t think those should’ve been in there anyways but that’s just me. I’m happy with what I did get, even tho I can’t use the items they did have some superior runes in them and I can use the globs more.
  1. I’m more interested in the long haul like making ascended a horizontal progression (crafting, karma)

So in essence I am happy about getting this chest.

Thanks again!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I never got a chest

Posted by: Mooge.2346

Mooge.2346

No chest for me. When a guild mate showed me his loot today I thought awesome. ANet are going to make good on Lost Shores, maybe they will now stop doing time gated content, maybe they will stop the ladder at Ascended gear, maybe they will add other ways to get the best equipment other than grinding Fractals.

Could this be the time to come back, buy those gems and get ready for Wintersday?

No, ANet chose to give me the finger. It’s a dark day when Sony Online are actually doing a better job than ArenaNet.

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

Never received mine.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Strashni.4580

Strashni.4580

Interested, what is criteria to get the chest in the mail?

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I did hear that it could take several hours for all the chests to go out. If you dont get it by tomorrow you should create a support ticket as gaile said.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: Nightstorm.3501

Nightstorm.3501

12 hours passed. Hopping to get mine. We will see. My working buddies also play and didn’t received it. Guess our server didn’t got chosen yet.

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

I got a chest even though I was able to get a chest during the event. I did get disconnected several times during the sound siren bug, but was able to reconnect just before the end of the event. I obviously kept disconnecting and reconnecting several times because the sound bug didn’t stop, but I was able to grab the chest once.

If disconnects are the only criteria used for determining mailed chest receipt, then obviously a lot of people will get duplicate chests.

Posted by: TomaszL.5340

TomaszL.5340

Still don’t get it. Server Blacktide (EU)

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

still no chest for me.

did they mail the wrong list of people?

now i feel like an idiot for dealing with support for weeks.

this is adding insult to injury now.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Nightstorm.3501

Nightstorm.3501

Open a wound, put salt on it, rub it on the tarmac, high heel over it. Thats how i feel atm.

Posted by: teaspoon.1357

teaspoon.1357

Open a wound, put salt on it, rub it on the tarmac, high heel over it. Thats how i feel atm.

Oh, you play a ranger too?

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I would like to know once arenanet people wake up agian, Who is able to get this mailed chest and who isn’t? Or is it just everyone?

I already opened it at the event ( and got crappy stuff mind you) but i wonder about the actual people being disconnected. This script that is running doesn’t seem entirely reliable at all somehow.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Desova.5821

Desova.5821

Still don’t get it. Server Blacktide (EU)

Didn’t get it yet either. Server Vabbi, also EU. Maybe they’re taking a bit more time to get them distributed here. I’m sending in a support ticket tonight if it’s not here by then.

tasija trickshot | [LZZ] les zélateurs de zaun | arborstone

Posted by: Mozzyrella.4517

Mozzyrella.4517

Still no chest here.

Far Shiverpeaks, EU. I think I’ll wait till tonight too before sending in a support ticket.

(edited by Mozzyrella.4517)

Posted by: Hawkmoon.5849

Hawkmoon.5849

It’s not just EU; here in NA lots of players haven’t received them either. I’m on Ehmry Bay and haven’t received mine yet either.

Hope is the carrot dangled before the draft horse that plods along in the vain attempt to reach it

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

This was never going to end well ….

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

soulesswanderer.9714

Lol still nothing. Several guildies who did open the chest have gotten mail :P Come on anet, you owe me two.

Posted by: Salmanazar.8547

Salmanazar.8547

Vizunah Square (EU, French server) and nothing in my mail yet, I’ll guess I will also send a support ticket if nothing happens when I’ll get home after midnight… Btw I had already sent one just after the event to notify Anet for this… As for those who got a second chest or more if they used multiple toons to make the event, that doesn’t upset me, good for them, as I only care to get this compensation for my aborted participation to the final event by a DC due to the gigantic lag while following the final boss to its nest and being unable to relog after that…

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

We will hand out the rewards via In-game mail today – Quick FYI… it might take several hours to run the script, so do not panic if you do not immediately receive it.

I think it is safe to say several hours is either an understatement or the script was just fail. It’s been over 12 hours now with no mail.