Mega Boss loot changes

Mega Boss loot changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

This change was necessary. Anyone who didn’t realize it was “too good” was deluding himself.

It was “too good” only when compared with the rest of the game. The problem didn’t lie in the dragon chests having too good rewards. It was with everything else having bad ones.
Balance doesn’t mean nerfing everything down to the same level.
Anyone that thinks this change solved anything is deluding themselves.

I was hoping it was a sign of balanced rewards game-wide to come…

Which really, it is. Just not as exploitable now. Five minutes for an event or three, 1-3 rares, good odds for exotics and some trash/mystic toilet fodder to boot, per lv80? Yeah, that’s a bit much.

We can still get exactly that reward seven times a day, which is a lot more than can be said for a lot of the other rewards in the game. As it stands, one dragon event can easily be more rewarding than an entire dungeon run. And compared to PvP? WvW? Hah.

The only real downside to this is, again, discouraging people from playing their alts. The WvW character-specific ranking or what have you will kill that aspect of the game for all but one of my characters. Not like the many soulbound runes/sigils/dyes/etc. already made enjoying the different races and classes frustrating or anything…

Disciple of Quag

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Derr.4135

Derr.4135

Oh the QQ!
Can you believe they might want to regulate the economy? Those kittens! But now I have no reason to play my alts, you say. Pretty sure alts are incorporated for people to try and enjoy alternative playstyles, not to use as extra farming equipment…the VAST majority of players will enjoy this change. Most guesters aren’t even real guests and most people that play alts do it to have different playstyle toons available for different situations. Quit the QQ or quit GW2 either way just quit! If you’re upset that this makes GW2 too grindy you’re obsessed about a “goal” and not savoring the game.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: BlueL.7382

BlueL.7382

This is not a solution. It is Anet telling me its pointless to have more than one chars. This actually hurts a part of the player base imo. Anyway its not the first time they do it and it will probably will not be the last:)

Actually this IS a solution. Because they achieved exactly what was intended. You don’t like it because you won’t be able to farm on couple characters and THAT is exactly why they made it this way in the first place.

The point of having more characters is to have fun with different classes not to more efficiently abuse the system to get rich.

As a last reply, because I have said my opinion and this is what this place is for, I will tell you that making things easier to find does not make anyone rich. Now all the people that have farmed rares and made stacks of ectos or simply bought them at 25s a piece will get rich because price is already 32s and will probably get a lot higher after the patch.

Nuff said. Thx all for your opinions:)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

One quick point:
If you make a game and then spend more time worrying about its economy than its gameplay, you’ve failed at making a game.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

This is not a solution. It is Anet telling me its pointless to have more than one chars. This actually hurts a part of the player base imo. Anyway its not the first time they do it and it will probably will not be the last:)

Actually this IS a solution. Because they achieved exactly what was intended. You don’t like it because you won’t be able to farm on couple characters and THAT is exactly why they made it this way in the first place.

The point of having more characters is to have fun with different classes not to more efficiently abuse the system to get rich.

As a last reply, because I have said my opinion and this is what this place is for, I will tell you that making things easier to find does not make anyone rich. Now all the people that have farmed rares and made stacks of ectos or simply bought them at 25s a piece will get rich because price is already 32s and will probably get a lot higher after the patch.

Nuff said. Thx all for your opinions:)

You kinda proved him right there. Some people who were farming weren’t spending their ectos, they were hoarding them. Waiting for the price to go up whjen the next big item or cool thingymajig requires ectos. Once the price goes up, they cash in. Market Manipulators do this regularly. I know a lot of people also farmed them for their legendaries or items they wanted, and I do feel for them. But if this will stabilize the economy a bit, then it’s a necessary change in my opinion.

Look at it this way: it could go back to the way it was before. We have it good still, just not exploitable good.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

This change was necessary. Anyone who didn’t realize it was “too good” was deluding himself.

It was “too good” only when compared with the rest of the game. The problem didn’t lie in the dragon chests having too good rewards. It was with everything else having bad ones.

No, it was too good to the point of being imbalanced. Anyone with a lick of sense could see that.

Between just the Shatterer, Tequatl, the Maw, and the Shadow Behemoth alone, there are more than 44,000 rare or better items being generated each day on the U.S. servers. And that’s just a handful of events with very generous calculations (for example, it only assumes there are 25 people at each of those event, and anyone who has been attending them recently knows there are far more than that present).

And that’s not even counting the other boss events that award a guaranteed rare.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

We can still get exactly that reward seven times a day,

Just out of curiosity, where are you getting that “seven” figure from…?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Do 7 events on 1 character?

Maw, SE, FE, Teq, Shatterer, Claw, and any others?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

There are twenty (20).

edit: I believe that 2 more are mistakenly not updated to the new rewards, and a further 1 is linked to one of the others; with those fixed it’d be 23.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: clay.7849

clay.7849

No, balance doesn’t mean nerfing everything to the same level. This game is screaming for dungeons and FoTM to have high levels of difficulty and loot that scales accordingly.

However, this change is a good change because there was nothing balanced about being able to get the best loot in the game from farming event bosses that take no skill or difficulty or even any time to kill and collect. Hell, they were even on a timer so you didn’t even need to do anything other than warp in, kill, collect, warp out, rinse and repeat.

So, while this change is good, the fact that no one has announced a change to the rest of the game is bad.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

It will solve a huge problem, the problem of people running the same event with multiple characters to get guarandeed rewards, you might not see this as a problem but apparently for a lot of people it is, and Anet fortunately agrees with that side, not yours.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: DaisyRogers.6837

DaisyRogers.6837

I am excited that maybe, just maybe, the epic boss battles will once again take longer then 15-30 seconds to complete. Some of the fights (Maw, Elemental) the stupid boss didn’t even have enough time to get an attack off before it was dead. I was lucky enough to get one skill rotation off before it was over.

This is good, You still get your reward, and rares will once again actually be rare.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

Sounds good to me. I never did give into the temptation to guest for multiple rewards, when that was possible, or to do the “run it with multiple characters daily” deal. I didn’t feel like becoming a slave to event timers.

However, I did get miffed when such an event would kick off for the second time when I was still playing in the zone, only to find no rewards what so ever. This change will allow us to go back to a loot table that I assume is pretty close to what it was in the past, while basically giving us a special daily reward once per day, per account, which will have a guaranteed rare.

That’s fair to normal players, makes event timer slaves a bit less slavish, reduces guesting for mega-events and restores some balance to the economy. IMHO, win, win, win, win.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

It’s a Band-Aid fix. Simple and easy to implement.
It does not address the glaring issues that will still be present.
Lag will happen anytime a large number of the player base is in the same area, as will overflow. Rewards are still dismal for a lot of the content. The players will still congregate in the most rewarding areas of the game because there is no other good source of income.
Wait until they change CoF to be more ‘challenging’. And where will all those players go?
I don’t run CoF or any other dungeons, I didn’t do the dragon/mega boss events unless I was in the area. (translates to about 3 times total). I don’t farm, been there done that, and it just sucked the fun away quickly.
I don’t agree with this only because it didn’t address the core issues and limiting player’s options is not always the best solution. Expand them.
They could have easily changed the loot tables on plenty of long event chains in other maps. There are plenty of ignored maps and mega bosses in other areas that would finally see some players. Synching the timers, even if not exactly, would have limited the amount of guesting. And those that enjoy fractals are right about the higher levels needing higher rewards.
As it is, the best path to making income is a dungeon run that takes 15min to complete. Nerf the dragon events, fine, then nerf the speed runs too… but buff the harder event chains and high difficulty dungeons.
If they are worried about the economy, they should be working on some desirable gold sinks that players are begging for. New weapons, armor, skins, mini-pets, pets, etc. People will sink their gold into oblivion for some good content.
Give Megadestroyer and other unique bosses, some kind of unique armor & weapons that are rare drops… People love hunting for the rare weapons & armor.
We needed creative solutions not uninspired ones.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

Do 7 events on 1 character?

Maw, SE, FE, Teq, Shatterer, Claw, and any others?

Ehh, I stick to the three dragons, FE, SB, Maw and Wurmy since they seem like they have the most reliable timers (wurm varies from server to server, NSP’s is usually good).

I know Megadestroyer wasn’t buffed, and I couldn’t find temples that weren’t outdated into oblivion, so I stuck to the quick-‘n’-easy lewts.

Disciple of Quag

(edited by Scumbag Mawile.6384)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

As I read the statement you will still get one rare/per boss/per account. If this this is true they will still be farmed, which is good, but just wont have people getting…I don’t know…30+ rares per day. This is a good change.

That is indeed correct. You will get one guaranteed rare drop per boss per account per day. You still have the chance to get pre-cursors/exotics/rares from the regular dragon chests every time you play an event. It is just the guaranteed rare drop that has been restricted.

I still don’t see how anyone can see this as a good thing, you are nerfing drop’s again and half these events are usually bugged and glitched and unable to be done. Instead of looking for ways to keep players from making gold, how about looking for ways to keep the events running properly and trying to fix all the bugs. You’re not doing anything but driving away honest players.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

Obviously it was a lot easier to code a daily chest, but another way to cut down on the excessive number of rares coming into the market would be to make the pre-event chains much longer, and have them scale to the number of players properly as well so that there was a real possibility of the pre-events failing (like the balthazar and arah chains).

This would have the side effect of nerfing the ability to track boss spawns via the timer (notice how the temple timers are almost always outdated) so there would be fewer people camping bosses and thus less problems with overflows.

Taking it a step further they could tie the chest to pre-event participation, so you could only get a chest from the boss if you participated in the pre-events.

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

It’s a Band-Aid fix. Simple and easy to implement.
It does not address the glaring issues that will still be present.

If they are worried about the economy, they should be working on some desirable gold sinks that players are begging for. New weapons, armor, skins, mini-pets, pets, etc. People will sink their gold into oblivion for some good content.
Give Megadestroyer and other unique bosses, some kind of unique armor & weapons that are rare drops… People love hunting for the rare weapons & armor.
We needed creative solutions not uninspired ones.

And this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Izzy Katsu.6024

Izzy Katsu.6024

It will solve a huge problem, the problem of people running the same event with multiple characters to get guarandeed rewards, you might not see this as a problem but apparently for a lot of people it is, and Anet fortunately agrees with that side, not yours.

Indeed.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Have you? The “big” chest he mentioned, the one that contains the guaranteed rare, will be lootable once per account. The normal chests will be lootable per character then.

One rare is not that “big”, normal chest can give you much more, including a precursor. I might missed the point where you decided to dub small icon-ish chest with a rare as “big” (why on earth?… ) It should have been obvious from my post I am talking about BIG freaking chest that appears on the ground after the thing is dead. The one that used to give trash blues until the recent update, and now going to give trash blues again, apparently. So instead of overall better drop from a chest, with a guaranteed rare and better chance at more rares and exotics, you now going to get a guaranteed rare and trash blues from main on-ground chest.
Corrections?

Correction:
They already said they are only moving the one “garunteed rare” to the “daily chest”. Not the other 1-2 more rares people were getting. So it’s 1 rare per event from “daily chest”, then 0-2 more rares and other stuff from the standard chest at the end of the event.

Currently it’s 1-3 rares plus possible exotic(s) and lower grades, per char per event per day. It’s becoming 0-2 rares plus possible exotic(s) and lower grades, per char per event per day PLUS 1 rare or better for the first char. People are only losing out on 1 rare per alt.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

a) Keep bank across all players and make this change in loot.

OR

b) Each charater has their own separate bank/items, not interchangeable between other characters and make this change in loot.

Take your pick.

Oh wait..do I hear some moaning?

Farmer’s Pet: “But I want to farm bosses for rares across all my characters.”
Mr. ANet : " Stop your sissy moaning boi. I gave you two choices and it’s still not good enough?"

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

Nothing is worth doing in this game.

Not without grind.

Normally fine in other MMOs.

Unfortunately in this MMO the sheer length of time you’ll spend doing the same old crap over and over again may outweigh one’s willingness to continue to spend that time playing.

Couple that with the fact that there’s nothing really more to do once you’ve achieved your goal…………….and you have someone like me.

A player who’s quit playing until Anet figures out exactly wtf they’re doing.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

Despite the complaints, I’m not really sure how this change discourages people from playing their alts, unless the definition of “playing an alt” = “briefly logging onto spare characters in order to maximize rare drop rewards from 2 minute fights”. If so, then, yeah, this change is trying to discourage that. Guilty as charged.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Despite the complaints, I’m not really sure how this change discourages people from playing their alts, unless the definition of “playing an alt” = “briefly logging onto spare characters in order to maximize rare drop rewards from 2 minute fights”. If so, then, yeah, this change is trying to discourage that. Guilty as charged.

Upvoted for truth

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

However, this change is a good change because there was nothing balanced about being able to get the best loot in the game

Best loot in the game? Rares are 3rd best.

Personally this won’t affect me that much because I don’t have the time to go from event to event with multiple alts but the usage of ectos is increasing so why is it a problem if the supply increases? Its not as though ectos are the rarest item in the high level recipes. Plus the supply should increase to encourage high level crafting more. As it is apart from cooking crafting has become a way to level nothing more.

Plus did anet really not foresee this happening? It would show a remarkable lack of foresight if thats true. There would be no QQ if the original system had been changed to this in the beginning.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Guesting is more about more completing the bosses in a short period of time rather than anything else. Limiting alts will not change much there….ie…this doesn’t really fix guesting. During high concurrency there will still be guesting (if not more) and overflows.

Players with multiple alts actually had less reason to guest as they could/can switch toons to do the relatively short cycle boss (maw, fire ele), in the meantime when waiting for the longer cycle bosses.

With this change players with alts might be more likely to guest to get all the boss chest in short period of time since there is no comparative reason to not….ie…… there is less to do between that offers equal reward structure.

Tbh i have not guested b4 b/c I always had a fresh character ready for a chest on my home server. I probably will start guesting to complete my daily rounds in a timely manner once this change goes live.

This^
I have 9 characters i had no reason to guest on other servers, i did occasionally when my friends did, but very rarely, but mostly i switch toons and do it on another one, now i cannot.. guesting will look a lot more attractive…and quicker..

(edited by Dante.1508)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

Obviously it was a lot easier to code a daily chest, but another way to cut down on the excessive number of rares coming into the market would be to make the pre-event chains much longer, and have them scale to the number of players properly as well so that there was a real possibility of the pre-events failing (like the balthazar and arah chains).

This would have the side effect of nerfing the ability to track boss spawns via the timer (notice how the temple timers are almost always outdated) so there would be fewer people camping bosses and thus less problems with overflows.

Taking it a step further they could tie the chest to pre-event participation, so you could only get a chest from the boss if you participated in the pre-events.

VERY smart idea and I wish more people as intelligent as you are were designing games (hope you are). I read comments like this and truly appreciate their wisdom.

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

VERY smart idea and I wish more people as intelligent as you are were designing games (hope you are). I read comments like this and truly appreciate their wisdom.

Yeah, in other words get rid of the timers. Not like this hasn’t been said already. Every time someone brings it up, the whine starts.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

Have you? The “big” chest he mentioned, the one that contains the guaranteed rare, will be lootable once per account. The normal chests will be lootable per character then.

One rare is not that “big”, normal chest can give you much more, including a precursor. I might missed the point where you decided to dub small icon-ish chest with a rare as “big” (why on earth?… ) It should have been obvious from my post I am talking about BIG freaking chest that appears on the ground after the thing is dead. The one that used to give trash blues until the recent update, and now going to give trash blues again, apparently. So instead of overall better drop from a chest, with a guaranteed rare and better chance at more rares and exotics, you now going to get a guaranteed rare and trash blues from main on-ground chest.
Corrections?

Correction:
They already said they are only moving the one “garunteed rare” to the “daily chest”. Not the other 1-2 more rares people were getting. So it’s 1 rare per event from “daily chest”, then 0-2 more rares and other stuff from the standard chest at the end of the event.

Currently it’s 1-3 rares plus possible exotic(s) and lower grades, per char per event per day. It’s becoming 0-2 rares plus possible exotic(s) and lower grades, per char per event per day PLUS 1 rare or better for the first char. People are only losing out on 1 rare per alt.

so it’s still possible to get nothing but blues/greens once you’ve done an event for your “freebie rare” which pretty much encourages people to do things once then forget about it till tomorrow.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

so it’s still possible to get nothing but blues/greens once you’ve done an event for your “freebie rare” which pretty much encourages people to do things once then forget about it till tomorrow.

Considering my current rate at getting more than 1 rare in a chest is about 1 in 3, farming the chests on multiple characters is still better than playing in the open world. Unless the change additionally nerfs drop rates, I really don’t see it changing anything. The dragons will still be a great way to AFK for rares, so I fully expect overflows to still be common after reset.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

I was one of the people that thought it was the end of the world. Thought it was just one chest over all the event per day but after reading that its one chest per boss per account per day i say its not that bad afterall. First it solves the overflow problem 2nd i will actually be able to play my alts a bit not having to worry bout farming these bosses nah all and all a good thing

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Lightning.8397

Lightning.8397

I for one welcome the upcoming changes. Firstly, it encourages people to actively seek out and try the other world bosses instead of sticking to the same few (sunless, maw, jormag, shatterer, sb) and doesn’t guarantee ridiculous amounts of rares per day (at one per toon per day you could get 50+ guaranteed rares a day).

I agree that the basic drop rate on chests needs to improve though (dungeon, world boss, otherwise). Too often I’ve done tough (IMO) fractals or cleared dungeons runs only to get to the final giant chest and find… 3 blues. Or killed the boss of the stage for .. one blue. Seriously? Even 3 bags of coin would have been better than that :P

I also liked the suggestion to tie in pre-events to world boss participation i.e. players need to have taken part in at least one of the pre-events to qualify for the guaranteed loot. This encourages people to help the pre-events along instead of mass afking at the dragon spawn spot.

BTW, you shouldn’t need guaranteed loot lures to play your alts. If you are not interested to explore other professions, test playstyles, and/or generally have fun/utility with your pool of alts, then you probably should just stick to one. :P While I will probably never deck my alts in ascended at the current state of game (so many laurels and letters needed to do each alt), but yeah. At least I had fun running the different professions and I still whip out different characters based on the style I feel like playing that day.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

Guesting is more about more completing the bosses in a short period of time rather than anything else. Limiting alts will not change much there….ie…this doesn’t really fix guesting. During high concurrency there will still be guesting (if not more) and overflows.

Players with multiple alts actually had less reason to guest as they could/can switch toons to do the relatively short cycle boss (maw, fire ele), in the meantime when waiting for the longer cycle bosses.

With this change players with alts might be more likely to guest to get all the boss chest in short period of time since there is no comparative reason to not….ie…… there is less to do between that offers equal reward structure.

Tbh i have not guested b4 b/c I always had a fresh character ready for a chest on my home server. I probably will start guesting to complete my daily rounds in a timely manner once this change goes live.

This^
I have 9 characters i had no reason to guest on other servers, i did occasionally when my friends did, but very rarely, but mostly i switch toons and do it on another one, now i cannot.. guesting will look a lot more attractive…and quicker..

This ^^
I’v never guest on any server but soon as this change comes in that’s what i’ll be doing.
I did not even farm the dragons tbh,but now i shall be guesting to farm them on all my alts,just to get them done quicker.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: spconder.2489

spconder.2489

Well, here it is folks, proof positive that GW2 is finished. They’re changing the way chest drops work so that they can’t be exploited anymore, which as we all know is the only reason anyone plays this game. Now Guild Wars 2 is ruined FOREVER! The sky is falling! The game is doomed! Doomed I say!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Well, here it is folks, proof positive that GW2 is finished. They’re changing the way chest drops work so that they can’t be exploited anymore, which as we all know is the only reason anyone plays this game. Now Guild Wars 2 is ruined FOREVER! The sky is falling! The game is doomed! Doomed I say!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

Ruined forever!

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

so effectively….you are making it that killing the boss gets you the rare…not the chest itself…and reverting the chest back to its old drop table while still limiting the amount of times we can get said chest? why not remove the 1 chest per character limit if that isn’t where the guaranteed rare is coming from? is anet afraid we will flood the market with blues like before?

I believe the normal loot has also been improved, thus the char bound limit. I find I get rares more readily now aside from the guaranteed rare.

Yes, and that is what bothers me. Since I get 2 or 3 rares occasionally from chests since the patch, is it now going to be just one, and the rest blues and greens again, or will I have just as much of a chance at 2 or 3 rares as I do now?

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

so effectively….you are making it that killing the boss gets you the rare…not the chest itself…and reverting the chest back to its old drop table while still limiting the amount of times we can get said chest? why not remove the 1 chest per character limit if that isn’t where the guaranteed rare is coming from? is anet afraid we will flood the market with blues like before?

I believe the normal loot has also been improved, thus the char bound limit. I find I get rares more readily now aside from the guaranteed rare.

Yes, and that is what bothers me. Since I get 2 or 3 rares occasionally from chests since the patch, is it now going to be just one, and the rest blues and greens again, or will I have just as much of a chance at 2 or 3 rares as I do now?

think of it this way. as of NOW you are guaranteed rares from every boss chest you loot, and you can farm the same boss over and over again on different alts.

in the next patch they will make it so that you are guaranteed rares only once from a boss per account per day, and it is via a dancing chest (similar to daily). the normal loot chest will always be there after every time you kill the boss on different alt, and you have CHANCE (not guaranteed) to get different quality of loot , it could be white, blue green, yellow or even orange….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

(edited by azizul.8469)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

I disagree with the bolded area. Even if chest loot was nerfed, it’s still nowhere as bad as it used to be, therefore it isn’t nerfed “to the same level”.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Wow, I really wonder what’s wrong with some people in here. Martin stated this as clearly as possible, there’s no way you couldn’t understand this:

You will get one guaranteed rare drop per boss per account per day. You still have the chance to get pre-cursors/exotics/rares from the regular dragon chests every time you play an event. It is just the guaranteed rare drop that has been restricted.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mega-Boss-loot-changes/page/2#post1657551

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Mega Boss loot changes

Mungrul.9358

Let’s just think of what can go wrong here (or rather will go wrong, as ArenaNet have proved time and again that quality assurance is not the Live Team’s strong suit).

To paraphrase Martin, these rare reward chests will behave much like the ones that drop from monsters in the world when you get “Special” loot.
We all know how successful THAT’S been.
How many times have you opened one of these little chests only to find that your “Special” loot is blue or worse?
I’ve had numerous ones of these chests just give Porous Bones for example.

I foresee lots of angry users posting reports of no yellows from these new reward chests.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

People are farming the same event chest too much.

The game engine can not handle the numbers of players farming these chests.

Reducing the loot is the only option for Anet!

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

Let’s just think of what can go wrong here (or rather will go wrong, as ArenaNet have proved time and again that quality assurance is not the Live Team’s strong suit).

To paraphrase Martin, these rare reward chests will behave much like the ones that drop from monsters in the world when you get “Special” loot.
We all know how successful THAT’S been.
How many times have you opened one of these little chests only to find that your “Special” loot is blue or worse?
I’ve had numerous ones of these chests just give Porous Bones for example.

I foresee lots of angry users posting reports of no yellows from these new reward chests.

You paraphrased wrong. The chest appears like a daily reward chest.

Mega Boss loot changes

Mungrul.9358

Ah, like the Daily Reward chest that offers a random chance of something in addition to your karma jug, laurel, silver and experience?
Oh well then, my fears have been put to rest.
Nothing can possibly go wrong if the RNG is involved.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Szamsziel.5627

Szamsziel.5627

There was good solution earlier (based on GW) – instead of limiting chests, in slot of “guaranteed” – put Boss specific item – not salvageable, account bound. Or just a skin like in fractals. This should limit the farming – but require some graphic design from developers.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Cauldron.1653

Cauldron.1653

Right now the single chest is like this(example loot):

- Rare <—— Boss chest
- Rare <—— Boss chest
- Rare <—— Boss chest
- Green <—— Boss chest
- Blue <—— Boss chest
- Blue <—— Boss chest

All in one chest, under the new system it will look like this:

- Rare or higher <—— Account bound chest
- Rare <—— Boss chest
- Rare <—— Boss chest
- Green <—— Boss chest
- Blue <—— Boss chest
- Blue <—— Boss chest

Everything besides that SINGLE piece will stay the same.
At least this is how I’m understanding this change is ment to work?

Well, first I understood it more like this:

There’s two types of boss chests (in programming terms: 2 classes of chests). One type had its rare and better chances buffed with a guaranteed rare. This type we forum goers call “upgraded chests”.
The other type is the same large chest type we still encounter in dungeons and boss encounters that weren’t upgraded.

So then, the boss chest that any dragon event spawns will get degraded to an old, not-upgraded chest (which only nets you blues and greens) and the upgraded chest loot will now spawn from a daily chest like interface and will only be triggered once per day per account.

Right now though, I am not so sure anymore because that way they would be introducing more chances for loot, effectively doubling loot chances if you only play on one main character.

Barring that I don’t really understand the changes yet, my own stance on the issue is that it doesn’t really affect me too much since I only have one main char anyway. What does affect me in that case still, is the rising price of ectos. I felt that 25-ish silver per ecto was a really good price considering how many you need and that you need them for pretty much any endgame content.

“Your subterfuge of incognizance will erode under my fulgent dupery”

Mega Boss loot changes

Lightning.8397

Geez, the dev has stepped into this thread to clear this up already, just scroll through till you see the giant Dev banner and read his replies.

You get one guaranteed rare per world boss per account each day, given in the form of an achievement chest style (similar to when you complete a daily). You will continue to have a CHANCE to get rare/exotic/percusors from the chest that pops when the world boss is killed.

NO, it does not mean that you are limited to one rare per day. NO, it does not mean that thereafter, all drops will be fixed to be capped at greens and below.

YES, it does mean that you will continue to have a chance to get rares/exotics/percusors if you keep hitting the world boss with your alts, it is just not guaranteed.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Rifter.6591

Rifter.6591

Wow, I really wonder what’s wrong with some people in here. Martin stated this as clearly as possible, there’s no way you couldn’t understand this:

You will get one guaranteed rare drop per boss per account per day. You still have the chance to get pre-cursors/exotics/rares from the regular dragon chests every time you play an event. It is just the guaranteed rare drop that has been restricted.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mega-Boss-loot-changes/page/2#post1657551

Yeah how could anyone possibly misunderstand someone who contradicts themselves with each new reply.

The only thing that will be changed is that the guaranteed rare drop will now be account bound. Everything else remains the same. You will be able to open the regular event chests once per day per event per character as before. You will still have the same drop chances as before.

So which is it, still chance at exo/rare/etc every time you kill the dragon or everytime you kill the dragon per day per character.

One can assume its once per day per character as that makes sense but is clearly not what was said in the first quote.

(edited by Rifter.6591)

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Both. The limit that you could open the chest once per day and character was there before. So now you have: 1 guarantied yellow for each account and event and day plus the ability to loot the chest once with each character and event and day.

Mega Boss loot changes

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

This is a good change.
I have 3 80’s. Literally all I was doing was farming the big events all day.
With the new change we’ll still get plenty of rares… Let’s count…
1. Shatterer
2. Tequatl
3. Jormag
4. Maw
5. Shadow Behemoth
6. Fire Elemental
7. Golem
8. Jungle Wurm
9. Free Harathi chest
10. Free Cursed Shore chest

Right there that’s still at least 10+ rares per day just on those events. That’s 70+ rares per week just for doing the events listed. There are others as well but these are the easiest 10.
I think we can all live with this.

~Tarnished Coast~

Mega Boss loot changes

Lightning.8397

The chest spawns once per day per character. You get a chance to get rare/exotic/percursor from said chest.

Guaranteed rare is triggered when one of your characters completes a world boss event, rewarding you in the form of a daily achievement box.

So yeah, you get a chance every time you open the box, not every time you kill the dragon. Whether or not the box spawns on your 2nd/3rd/4th kill…