Mordrem Invasion Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Sounds like you can’t recognize a well-known jocular oxymoron when you see one.

Posted by: DarkMagister.7429

DarkMagister.7429

Question: will th event be pro-longed for the time wasted on no loot?

All the rest complains are the same: no loot, no time to tag a mob,

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Uh well let see …

There will be the zone specific loot thing although it needs some UI improvements. Currently there is no indication of what you need to do to get them and they just seem to show up randomly at the end of some events.

As for mobs dropping loot. They drop loot in Verdant Brink just like in the rest of the game.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

What happened to all those players on the raid thread who said that events are their own reward and we don’t need stuff to do them?

I thought all the players wanted to do the events just for fun?

Posted by: Zention.1849

Zention.1849

~ " ~

Agreed

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto

Posted by: ixl.7190

ixl.7190

I just don’t feel like rewarding players for running into an event, fighting for 30 seconds, and then running to the next event is smart. Why do the players who stay and complete events get shafted?

Is the “bug” just us not getting 5-10 blooms? 45+ hours of these same 3 events for a skin is insulting. With no drops. If the reward for doing 10+ events was 50 blooms, that is still 9+ events/hours for one decent reward (plus 25g-ish in wp costs and vendor fee). Just put the Selfless potion i want on the gemstore for 800 gems, i can farm the gold to buy it in less than 8 hours, even at the ridiculous current gem/gold exchange rate. Or i’ll just give you $10 and do something that is actually fun this weekend.

(edited by ixl.7190)

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

What happened to all those players on the raid thread who said that events are their own reward and we don’t need stuff to do them?

Well said! (snicker)

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

This is just a big zergfest. Not fun at all. I quit after10 minutes and went on to other things. I won’t be doing any more of them.

To be fair, I don’t know what Anet could do to make it more interesting. It just seems to be the nature of big events, big zergfests. Yuk!!

I actaully got the opposite impression. if you want to get the most events done, you should be splitting up (into zergs, yes, but smaller zergs) and tackling events simultaneously.

What did you expect? silverwastes 2.0???

I expected nothing.

I was still disappointed.

Sounds like a personal problem….

If you expect nothing, than you should have no emotional response…. yet somehow you are still disappointed….that means you had some kind of expectation…

Malcom in the Middle.

that’s Malcom in the Middle.

that’s what it’s from.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Well, if these events were fun there would be grounds to bring up that point, but alas…

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

This is just a big zergfest. Not fun at all. I quit after10 minutes and went on to other things. I won’t be doing any more of them.

To be fair, I don’t know what Anet could do to make it more interesting. It just seems to be the nature of big events, big zergfests. Yuk!!

I actaully got the opposite impression. if you want to get the most events done, you should be splitting up (into zergs, yes, but smaller zergs) and tackling events simultaneously.

I expected nothing.

If you expect nothing, than you should have no emotional response…. yet somehow you are still disappointed….that means you had some kind of expectation…

Malcom in the Middle.

that’s what it’s from.

Attachments:

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

This.. drop some grindy content, reward some currency and let people grind… I hope with HoT we will see better content.

I appreciate that there are enough people who like that.. because many of those who don’t did leave GW2 in the past.. But I truly hope with the release of HoT we will see some more interesting reward system then this currency love.

You know.. so those people who come back with HoT will not get bored and leave again.

I had high hopes for this event.. (while at the same time maybe already afraid it would be like this) but if what we have seen is it (maybe the patch will fix things?)… it’s a disappointment.. another currency grind to put on the pile.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

So its time to be honest here Anet,

Is this how events will go after HoT is released, as we seem to be seeing more and more events where no loot drops, no xp is given, and no karma is awarded during or after an event

unless you mean special events and not the regular DE’s in the new maps, no this isn’t how it will be in HoT, which we know from the beta weekends, where after completing an event you get xp/karma/gold and there is plenty of loot dropped. Together with a map specific reward (ex. verdant brink gets airship parts) to exchange to vendors.

As much as this event seems terribly unrewarding (no loot drops, no rewards whatsoever from the events themselves, etc) we already know from the last two beta weekends that the same cannot be said about the events in there. Ofcourse i’m assuming the other maps frollow the same reward structure.

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

I’m still holding out on the hope that this is not representative, but I know people who are now extremely doubtful about HoT following this event. it’s really not a good day to be Anet.

Posted by: Greysonn.3698

Greysonn.3698

While no rewards was an error, yes this is the style of world-scale events, or rather has been so up until now. Pretty fun no? No, I know.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Actually I was wondering about that, the best People seem to be getting is 5 blooms pretty much regardless of how many stacks of the buff they had.
So the question is whats required to get the 5, that’s where people are going to stop, just enough stacks to get their 5 bloom pittance and then afk in a corner somewhere.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

If this is the type of event design I can expect from HoT, I’m glad I didn’t preorder it.

Rewards aside, (And I DID get a reward, for what it’s worth)

Forcing people to stay on the map for a full 30 minutes to get anything at all is a very poor decision, and there is no reason for it at all! Just make it like the silverwastes defense events were you get a small chest at the end of each mini-event! It’s still the same exact challenge of clearing as many of them as you can in 30 minutes.

Really, I was expecting something more like the haloween event where the haloween creatures would invade random areas, and killing them sometimes gave you thier specific loot. If the invasion mordrem dropped blooms like haloween creatures dropped Trick-or-Treat bags, this would feel a lot better, even without a meta event.

But the high gold cost is a slap in the face to the new players playing this event. A new level 20 character is NOT going to have the 10 gold on hand to buy any of the better rewards even if they do have the blooms.

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

I expected nothing.

Malcom in the Middle.

that’s what it’s from.

lol thanks. missed that.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Well, it’s rare that I find myself in complete agreement with another person on the internet, but I completely and utterly agree with Iason Evan. This trend towards scalable events with no rewards is seriously concerning (the blooms themselves seem to unlock a bill or further fee to get anything). This event is a gold sink.

Posted by: Fnix.5608

Fnix.5608

I hope they do more of the “aetherblade” event styled rewards. Was much more fun, and loot was obtainable. :o
I feel the loot is behind a time gate, forcing you to “hit-and-run” evry event and staying for the whole duration.

I hope Anet is just testing the terrain.

http://nox.no – Norse Oil eXpedition

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

While I love the always running events in the SW that is what I hate about it. That it is always a game of leaving but making sure someone is there to complete the event. It encourages running around tagging as many things as possible by rewarding that … not even something so small as drops to encourage people to stay.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They’ve stated that the rewards are bugged. Be patient.

Dakota.4591

They haven’t, actually. No where on the GW2 website or forums have they even acknowledged the problem.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

They haven’t, actually. No where on the GW2 website or forums have they even acknowledged the problem.

Well since this is GW2 they probably expect you to look on Twitter or Facebook …

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

While I love the always running events in the SW that is what I hate about it. That it is always a game of leaving but making sure someone is there to complete the event. It encourages running around tagging as many things as possible by rewarding that … not even something so small as drops to encourage people to stay.

I never really thought about that. I guess I do a service for people then because I always stay to finish events in one spot. For me it’s just way more fun to focus on my one area then run around trying to hit everything, that just sounds stressful

Ayrilana.1396

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3kfa6t/just_did_mordrem_event_for_30_min_and_got_a_big/cuwxmfx

It’s been referenced in several threads. Of course since a lot of people feel the need to create a new thread about the same issue, it may not get referenced to each one.

And it’s on their twitter.

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

I never really thought about that. I guess I do a service for people then because I always stay to finish events in one spot. For me it’s just way more fun to focus on my one area then run around trying to hit everything, that just sounds stressful

It actually is a little stressful, too much of a “go go go” atmosphere. What makes it worse is if your computer is slow to load waypoints, you can waste a lot of time repeatedly running towards an event only to have it finish right before you get there.

Posted by: Zention.1849

Zention.1849

But the high gold cost is a slap in the face to the new players playing this event. A new level 20 character is NOT going to have the 10 gold on hand to buy any of the better rewards even if they do have the blooms.

Exactly my thought! I don’t understand why a new player should spend that amount of money for sth. which gives him / her nothing – at the moment. If I recall my Guild Wars 2 experience correctly, getting my character to 80 and gearing him up with armor / trinkets etc. was my major priority, not looking “good”.

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto

Dakota.4591

New threads probably wouldn’t be needed if they actually made a post here instead of reddit.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Youa re right and wrong. The part that is bugged is players being rewarded with blooms at the end of the event. The part that is working as intended is the Mordrem not dropping anything. No karma, no gold, not loot, no champ boxes for champ kills. That’s all 100% working as intended.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

waypoints in the SW?

Ayrilana.1396

New threads probably wouldn’t be needed if they actually made a post here instead of reddit.

They’ve stated that your best source of info is to refer to their Twitter feed. Spamming the forums with threads doesn’t help.

Dakota.4591

Yeah, event mobs not giving karma, gold, loot, etc, has been the norm for all new events since Scarlett’s Invasion of random zones.

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

It’s an event for new players, and the rewards are bugged. They were pretty clear in the blogpost that players level 18 could participate, so I’m not sure why 80s thought it would be challenging.

The reward bug is crappy for sure, though.

It’s an event for new players and you have to pay 10 gold for skins. I doubt many new players have enough money to buy even one of them. Remove the gold cost, increase the blossom cost and give 10 – 15 blossoms per stack.

Ayrilana.1396

Youa re right and wrong. The part that is bugged is players being rewarded with blooms at the end of the event. The part that is working as intended is the Mordrem not dropping anything. No karma, no gold, not loot, no champ boxes for champ kills. That’s all 100% working as intended.

I was referring to event rewards and did in one of these many threads on the subject.

Posted by: Catastrophe.2407

Catastrophe.2407

Complete waste of time in its current state, 0 rewards, no loot, nada. Needs to at minimum give loot AND reward 20 tokens per final event clear. 5 is complete ludacris, at a rate of 5 tokens per ‘event’ and needing 450 for certain key items from the vendor, that is 90 events and lets say 30 mins per event, so 45 hours at 5 tokens per….

Yeah, not worth it in this sorry state.

Posted by: Nertal.7519

Nertal.7519

Hi,

About the event: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-mordrem-guard/ http://dulfy.net/2015/09/10/gw2-mordrem-invasion-event-guide/

I was there from the start(EU server, Brisban Wildlands) .
It would not be bad, but it did not fulfill the expectations.
We haven’t seen ANet members and we didn’t get reward. No one received a reward
Many people were disappointed. I hope we’ll get compensation and the errors will be corrected.

What’s your opinion?

Devata.6589

While no rewards was an error, yes this is the style of world-scale events, or rather has been so up until now. Pretty fun no? No, I know.

Remember the Karka invasions.. sure it had it’s own problems.. one time did mean some people could not join, DC’s and at some point the killing of Karka’s became a bid tedious, some other mobs in-between would have be fine..

But other then these issue’s it was awesome!

(Also during the beta of GW2 there was some pretty nice world event.)

So we have seen much much better world events in the past.. While after the Karka invasion event they did get worse and lately they have been mainly of the grind some currency type.

It’s sad, especially if you know Anet can do much better..

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

having to port 20 times on each event cycle do cost, and since we are not getting gold, xp, karma, drops from mobs and random reward maybe (i made 3 event so far and only got the end chest 1 time even though i made at least 10 or more event all with gold medal) is not really showing our new players the awsomeness with out events. When i brag for my frinds about GW2 and their events i always tell them they are never cheap, always nice loot, always xp and karma and drops from mobs. And then i tell them that the events are mostly a bit difficult if you are new to it, but in other games were players whine because they die, GW2 do not accept that, they let their players understand that if you want the loot you work for it . When you are new this is a good way to learn to use your skill to survive and contribute to the event.

I am also somewhat disapointed with no end boss. It was always the case before, but this is just a invasion and nothing else. Just something in the end that sums it up would been great.

So please fix the invasion so they drop what they should and dont be cheap, give the players the loot from mobs, show them what we seen in the past, that in gw2 everybody get loot.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Worst event ever there is no mob loot and if you get dc for 1sec you get no reward at all…

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

The entire event is bugged jsyk.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Lol I do like your last bit about charging heroes for saving the World.

Joking aside, if this is also aimed at new players, I think it might be a bit off putting for them to have generated any money in the early weeks. I have no issue with the mobs not dropping loot (ala SW), but the vendor I’d prefer to be token only and not grindworthy (the latter we wont know until they fix the event rewards)

My heart sank a bit to see the gold addons. As someone trying to save up for things I can’t even really afford most of the prizes. T.T

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Is this how events will go after HoT is released, as we seem to be seeing more and more events where no loot drops, no xp is given, and no karma is awarded during or after an event

unless you mean special events and not the regular DE’s in the new maps, no this isn’t how it will be in HoT, which we know from the beta weekends, where after completing an event you get xp/karma/gold and there is plenty of loot dropped. Together with a map specific reward (ex. verdant brink gets airship parts) to exchange to vendors.

As much as this event seems terribly unrewarding (no loot drops, no rewards whatsoever from the events themselves, etc) we already know from the last two beta weekends that the same cannot be said about the events in there. Ofcourse i’m assuming the other maps frollow the same reward structure.

I was in Verdant Brink and yes loot did drop, but its not hard for them to make loot drop so that you tell your friends whom haven’t bought HoT yet that T6 mats etc drop, then after HoT is released WHAM the loot disappears, lets face it, the only thing that has been consistent in the game is the way event rewards get nerfed and loot gets removed,

So I would love an open and honest answer from Anet about how events in the future will go, as of right now, I know of 5 people who are gearing up to ask for a refund on HoT due to this, as they do not want to continue playing a game with no rewards,

This is a major sticking point for players, and yet its continually ignored by Anet devs, if they come here and tell me honestly that events will not drop loot, ( or they will be like SW rewards ) I will happily ask for a refund and move to a new game, then the devs can be happy that someone who wasn’t happy with there game is gone and they can keep the players who are happy to receive nothing for the time played.

Devata.6589

Would that make it better? It’s still grind. If grind is what you like.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Complete waste of time in its current state, 0 rewards, no loot, nada. Needs to at minimum give loot AND reward 20 tokens per final event clear. 5 is complete ludacris, at a rate of 5 tokens per ‘event’ and needing 450 for certain key items from the vendor, that is 90 events and lets say 30 mins per event, so 45 hours at 5 tokens per….

Yeah, not worth it in this sorry state.

My understanding is that the 30 minute events only start on the half hour.
So that’s 90 hours.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t know if there is a way to fix this. If the buffs don’t stack, people will do enough to get max rewards and stop. If they do stack, some will tag and run to the next event. Requiring you to stay to the end, means some people will try to get to events that are almost done, finish it and move on. I’m not sure there is an easy way to get around certain types of behavior.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Strong contester for the worst event ever.

- events contain 0 challenge, expected mobs at least have silverwastes niveau- instead they die as fast as white critters, heck, some of them even blow themselves up after a few seconds
- it’s all about tagging as much events as possible
- it’s all in all just a event-to-event race

If someone was about making a guide for the event, it would probably be
1. Grab a mobile character with good AoE skills
2. Run/Port from event to event to stack your counter as high as possible
3. Profit

I admit, that guide wouldn’t be very accurate since Nr. 3 doesn’t happen at all anyway….

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Devata.6589

I was in Verdant Brink and yes loot did drop, but its not hard for them to make loot drop so that you tell your friends whom haven’t bought HoT yet that T6 mats etc drop, then after HoT is released WHAM the loot disappears, lets face it, the only thing that has been consistent in the game is the way event rewards get nerfed and loot gets removed,

So I would love an open and honest answer from Anet about how events in the future will go, as of right now, I know of 5 people who are gearing up to ask for a refund on HoT due to this, as they do not want to continue playing a game with no rewards,

This is a major sticking point for players, and yet its continually ignored by Anet devs, if they come here and tell me honestly that events will not drop loot, ( or they will be like SW rewards ) I will happily ask for a refund and move to a new game, then the devs can be happy that someone who wasn’t happy with there game is gone.

Farms for mats have been removed.. but overall rewards have increased.. these days you get loot for logging in.. The amount of loot in the game is not the problem.. the reward system is.

It’s always.. grind currency, buy what you want… That is boring.. increase the loot does not help.. put in a boos that can or will drop a reward (think original Molten Facility (but then not temporary), Liari) and you get a good reward system.

Increasing loot as they do now simply decreased the value of that same loot so in the end everything stays the same, only you now have full bags of full stags of bags you need to open leaving you with Carpal tunnel syndrome.

Farming mats should indeed also be doable.. getting mats should never be the problem.. getting the recipe or something like a precursor should be… while also that should have a more direct approach.

Also in this event, increasing the loot will not solve much (well it might please some of the grinders a bid more) the way you get rewarded is the problem.

Anet has some love for currency, probably because they sell the main currency (gold) and because from an economic perspective currency makes it easy to control things.. But for the game-play it is a boring system.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Posted by: Mintyfresh.2539

Mintyfresh.2539

The very fact that it’s nothing but a mindless rush is what makes it horrid. I understand the need of a zerg sometimes, but the whole bloody game revolves around it, all end game areas…wvwvw for the most part and ..just all new events.

They really need to think this through, as fun as it is at times, it gets old so fast.

“Religion. It’s given people hope in a world torn apart by religion.”—Jon Stewart

Posted by: Hawaif.7804

Hawaif.7804

Well there´is a lot of people which pc are slowers or just internets are broken.Could please anet make bufss from events like in sw /or now morderemot event.Don´t disapear when we join back on same map please ?.I think this would make tons of people happy and me as well..It´s wonderful when you set up a whole map, taxi people ,go from the ground to the top, and 1 min before the vw and 3 bosses you get a crash and nothing..So i beg you. Could you do something with those kitten buffs ?.Btw that think happened me already 5-8 times now i crashed at mordemoth event with 20 stacks..I guess im a lucky person rng hates me,disconets loves me…oh god..still play this game,, but sometimes it´s truly really really hard..
Ps:I apologise if my grammar isn´t totally correct.I am not best in it.

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I don’t know if there is a way to fix this. If the buffs don’t stack, people will do enough to get max rewards and stop. If they do stack, some will tag and run to the next event. Requiring you to stay to the end, means some people will try to get to events that are almost done, finish it and move on. I’m not sure there is an easy way to get around certain types of behavior.

well, we don’t know if the individual events are supposed to have their own rewards or not. If it turns out the gold participation rewards are significantly better, it might balance out.

It would be nice to know how the event is supposed to work and whether we will be receiving rewards retroactively.

edit: just noticed it looks like they are halting the event for the moment (“The mordrem invasion is withdrawing for now”) though given there are three areas, and there has been one round in each, this could have been the plan all along.

(edited by Misguided.5139)