Mordrem Invasion Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

An mind-numbing time limited event that promotes selfish player behavior and requires an immense amount of grind to get any rewards?

Definitely a huge step backwards from the previous event design and makes me worried about the reward structure in HoT (though I’m guessing this was side project made by some less experienced dev, while the good devs actually design fun stuff for the expansion).

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

This event is way too unrewarding even after the patch fix.

It only gives you blossoms according to the stack buff which encourages selfish farm event (You kill a couple of mordrem, then run to the next crawler…).
Theses invasions should reward the collective effort of the players…

Stacks buff should only be used to distinct the slackers who came in the last minute to get the final reward from the ones who have been fighting since the very begining of the invasion!

No karma, no gold, no loot, no XP, no champion bags…just the final loot which turns to be a grind farm to get whatever you want from the merchant.

Above that, it only lasts 4 days. If it lasted 2 weeks like the other events, then it would be ok since everybode would be able to farm their blossoms at a more relaxed pace.

(edited by Jade Arkadian.9280)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

My take on it is.

ANet has forgotten how to have fun.

They are designing events that are grind fests with low rewards. Even their holidays are grind fests. Instead of holiday related events that happen once a year and you get a different Holliday hat each year or something for doing them, it’s endlessly running around killing things to get the loot. Or no loot now as the case seems to be.

Since they’ve forgotten how to have fun, they think that grinding these events for hours over the days to get enough to tokens to BUY one reward with gold is fun.

It’s not. It’s really not.

Not only is the grind incredible and the rewards meager but they’ve completely cut the new players out of getting anything nice. The new players don’t have the dps, the waypoints, and they for sure can’t afford the gold cost of buying even if they do get enough tokens. What are they supposed to do, grind for the blossoms and then get nothing from the vendor? Who thought of this?

It’s like the devs designed the rewards with a calculator where their heart should be. Thinking first of the economy. Thinking, “how much of a gold sink can this event be”, when they should have been thinking, “how much fun can this event be?”

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

Even if it wasn’t bugged at first, this is worse than any of the LS1 events, and that is really saying a lot. Doing the same 3 events for 30 minutes for 1.5 hours/day for 4 days (to get the daily each day for 3 maps) just to get a handful of rewards – which you have to pay for – is really underwhelming. I was blown away that the scarlet loot box was part of the daily… its SO bad. There’s barely anything in it, to make up for 30min worth of loot. ONE unID dye is what like 25 blooms? That’s almost your entire 30 min. For something worth maybe 1g.

Not to mention I just ran around like a crazy person tagging mobs and leaving to get 20 stacks. Super unenjoyable. I don’t want to play it but there hasn’t been anything new in ages.

Posted by: commnagrom.8637

commnagrom.8637

You want constructive feedback? If there exists a SINGLE event like this with the time to reward ratio in HoT I will DEMAND my money back for the expansion and go play another game! This is not a “fun” friendly event, this is a horrible stressful grind fest that should never have existed!

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

This event is way too unrewarding even after the patch fix.

It only gives you blossoms according to the stack buff which encourages selfish farm event (You kill a couple of mordrem, then run to the next crawler…).
Theses invasions should reward the collective effort of the players…

Stacks buff should only be used to distinct the slackers who came in the last minute to get the final reward from the ones who have been fighting since the very begining of the invasion!

The event should just give a stack to people at the location of the event when it ends.

That way it encourages people to group up and farm the events as a unit, as efficiently as possible.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

….. (though I’m guessing this was side project made by some less experienced dev, while the good devs actually design fun stuff for the expansion).

i hope this is correct.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Sledge Stone.9017

Sledge Stone.9017

I really wanted that selfless potion for me and my wife’s account since we both had the halo hats in Guild Wars 1. She has less time than me to play for the next four days for this event and because the currency is account bound she can’t buy it off the tp like we could have bought cobs during halloween. The drop rate for blossoms along with an almost unobtainable price for an item I want just seems cruel. This is the first time that item has become available in over a year and its only obtainable for 4 days.. I would have bought those potions for 500 gems each just to make our characters resemble the ones we have in GW1.

Btw, does the scarlet box even contain power cores? Those are the single most expensive item out of the spinal blade back piece.

Posted by: Bianca.8943

Bianca.8943

Due to the fact that the event had been bugged for nearly the entire day, I think it would be reasonable for Anet to extend it to an even further date given the fact that the drop rate for the blooms is still ridiculously low considering what the cost for the rewards are. On top of that, the events take such a long time to spawn so it only makes sense to make it last longer. What do you guys think?

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

When GW2 has the reputation of being a poorly rewarding game, when the community has criticized the game for that for 3 years, when Anet devs became sensible to the problem and started to invest heavily on new reward structures… you would expect something better than what we have gotten in the past. It happens to be right the opposite.

1. This game has achievements and collections. None of those systems were used to improve the rewards.
  2. This game is a RPG with experience points, loot and magic find. All completely ignored.
  3. This game has exp and magic find boosters in the gem store, that can also be obtained in-game every once and then. Yet, they have no purpose.
  4. This game is a MMORPG, while events take half an hour only to offer you nothing if you get disconnected.
  5. This game has an event reward system based on tiers that does nothing at its current implementation, while plenty of feedback has been given to improve the purpose of bronze-silver-gold rewards. No improvements were done, while event tagging continues to be a thing. Players are still punished for investing their time into any event at a time. Players are still rewarded for mindless tagging and minimal effort.
  6. This event was meant for new players to enjoy, yet most good rewards require a significant gold sink (plus, they can’t level their characters).

The rewards are abysmal. They are truly, truly terrible. In a genre that greatly relies on progression, sense of achievement and item collection for playing pleasure, GW2’s Mordrem Invasion is almost devoid of that. In a game that wants to value cooperation and bring new players in, Mordrem Invasion happens to be a caricature of one of GW2’s biggest design weaknesses, the rewards.

Every single reward item is insanely calculated to be as stretched and grinding as it can possible be, leaving the whole experience feel soulless, and as dry as a desert.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

I waste 35 mins yesterday with this kitten.
I will not make the same mistake again.

Posted by: Kate Soulguard.7132

Kate Soulguard.7132

Zerged for like… maybe an hour… I’ve earned about negative 70 (-70) silver. …from waypointing and trying to keep up. Haven’t gotten any rewards yet.

Bar none, this has been the single worst experience I have ever had in Guild Wars.

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

My brother is pretty new to this game (full account, though, no f2p) and his first character, a thief, is level 78. He’s done lots of mapping and some WvW. He has saved all his mats from mapping in preparation for crafting. The little gold he’s accumulated from mapping and WvW he’s spent mostly on T1 and T2 cultural armor. He’s got like three gold right now.

Now he logs in and sees that not only does he have to do a ton of work (offering no exp or rewards) to get enough tokens for these cool old skins, but he needs 5-10 gold as well for each. I’m not about to say “oh, well, you need to grind dungeons fast so that you can get those before time is up.” Pretty discouraging for new players.

TL;DR event rewards should be earned solely from running the events. If the events aren’t going to drop gold or items that we can sell for gold, then the rewards shouldn’t take gold either.

Yes yes yes!

I’m sitting here. I’m pretty much a vet I would say. And I am holding onto the gold I got. I can’t afford the prizes, either myself. The event because of the gold sink is just so lack luster.

I can’t imagine how new players must feel. It took me a long bit as a new player to get that first 20 gold. And it’s much harder under level 80. They recommend character level 18. . . new players at that level would show up and be like ? what?!

Poor things. :/

Same for me. I remember the first time I actually had a big “1” next to that gold coin in my inventory… I would have been ticked if the first thing someone said to me was, “cool, now get 9 more real fast because you need 10 by tomorrow if you want this cool thing.”

For now I told him I’d loan him the gold if he decides he wants to grind out blooms.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

When GW2 has the reputation of being a poorly rewarding game, when the community has criticized the game for that for 3 years, when Anet devs became sensible to the problem and started to invest heavily on new reward structures… you would expect something better than what we have gotten in the past. It happens to be right the opposite.

1. This game has achievements and collections. None of those systems were used to improve the rewards.
  2. This game is a RPG with experience points, loot and magic find. All completely ignored.
  3. This game has exp and magic find boosters in the gem store, that can also be obtained in-game every once and then. Yet, they have no purpose.
  4. This game is a MMORPG, while events take half an hour only to offer you nothing if you get disconnected.
  5. This game has an event reward system based on tiers that does nothing at its current implementation, while plenty of feedback has been given to improve the purpose of bronze-silver-gold rewards. No improvements were done, while event tagging continues to be a thing. Players are still punished for investing their time into any event at a time. Players are still rewarded for mindless tagging and minimal effort.
  6. This event was meant for new players to enjoy, yet most good rewards require a significant gold sink (plus, they can’t level their characters).

The rewards are abysmal. They are truly, truly terrible. In a genre that greatly relies on progression, sense of achievement and item collection for playing pleasure, GW2’s Mordrem Invasion is almost devoid of that. In a game that wants to value cooperation and bring new players in, Mordrem Invasion happens to be a caricature of one of GW2’s biggest design weaknesses, the rewards.

Every single reward item is insanely calculated to be as stretched and grinding as it can possible be, leaving the whole experience feel soulless, and as dry as a desert.

Pretty much this.
It’s disgraceful.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Spent all of about 10 min in the event and saw exactly what everyone was complaining about; the sheer volume of money wasted way pointing around with nothing to show for it. Not to mention the grinding factor in a 4 day span. I suppose nobody works who plays this game?

The thing is Anet, if i wanted to WP around and kill trash mobs for nothing, I can just WP needlessly back and forth between Blazeridge stepps and Orr and kill mobs for vendor trash.

A completely different approach needs to be taken with this event (and all future events), like 1) Eliminating WP costs if we must WP around. 2) Don’t make the events based on how many mobs you tag. Some classes are clearly superior at doing this while others are left in the dust.

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

From what I can tell:

You get 20 from doing daily map bonus if you get 10 event credit. Given that this is once per day, and there’s effectively 3 more days of time, that means you can have a total of +180 from map bonuses if each map is done once per day.

You also get 15 if you go over 20 event credit repeatable. You only get 10 if you are below 20 in the teens. In order to make up the additional 270 blooms you will need at least 18 hours of events @ 15/hr repeatable on top of the daily bonuses. At 10/hr you will need 27 hours of event time. You can shave 4/6 hours off each one depending if you got today’s which is still a crazy 14/21 hours needed.

These times wouldn’t be bad, but that’s 7-11 hours of no xp, loot or karma during the events which is just ridiculous for a single one of the high end rewards.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Posted by: uncomfortably energetic.9153

uncomfortably energetic.9153

At this point I’m not even going to bother logging in today. Was super excited to see that the scarlet armour skins were available from the event as I don’t have these and were hoping to see them on the store during the sales. Then I did the math on event rewards and all I can say is g8b8m8….. At least B&S have their beta coming in Oct so I won’t have to put up with garbage content like this in HoT.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Why not make it go for two weeks? Then people wouldn’t be so rushed. And make the mordrem beat up those stupid centaurs.

Hey, what about a mordrem based world boss? Some of the invasions could be pre’s for it.

Posted by: crawlerxp.1536

crawlerxp.1536

It’s all been said already. Piddly tokens in place of loot drops and/or satisfying play, disproportionate rewards designed to be grindy to the point of grossness, a target new-player audience excluded by waypoint costs, an udder lack of experience, karma, or monetary incremental rewards as well as by ‘rewards’ from a vendor that also requires more gold than they’re going to have, and ‘event’ gameplay that rewards selfish tag-and-go tactics over cooperative contribution. . .

Jesus, I had such hopes for this game when it came out. . .

You remember when things like the fire elemental gave stupid rewards but took half an hour or more to kill and forced you to utilize every mechanic at your disposal just to survive and avoid running back naked? We did it, and we did it because it was fun. It didn’t matter that the rewards sucked. Fun first.

This isn’t fun. I farmed my legendaries because I planned for this game to go the distance. I regret my time investment.

Back to challenges in Trove or running old raids in WoW. Both are relatively boring and mindless, but they’re better than this. Thank you, Diablo III, for teaching me a lesson about preorders. If this is indicative of HoT, I consider it a bullet dodged.

I keep coming back to check out new things here and there, and it just seems to keep getting worse. . .

Posted by: uncomfortably energetic.9153

uncomfortably energetic.9153

Even if they make it go for 2 weeks you still need a min of 18 hours doing the events to get a potion….

Posted by: crawlerxp.1536

crawlerxp.1536

I’m with the guy above. This whole token/reward/event structure needs to be reworked, or at the least rebalanced. Scrap this nonsense, do it right, and do it over.

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

Adding my voice to the disappointed. It’s been so long without a living story event and this is not what I had hoped for.

Using the stacks for rewards is poorly thought out. I’ve seen so many people tell others to tag and run to get the best rewards. Does the number of events you complete as a map even figure into rewards? If not, why even keep count? I’ve seen a couple of solutions to this above. Use completed events as the marker for rewards encouraging people to strategize and be efficient. The personal stacks can be used as a way to ensure people are not just leeching at the end of the event. (0 – no reward, 1-5 half reward, 6+ full reward). Or only have the stack appear if you are in the area when the event ends.

No karma or experience rewards for these events also seems like it is an oversight. that just seems like it would have been a no-brainer.

I’ve done a few events, but I’m not having a lot of fun and am unsure if the time/reward equation is worth it. Completely disappointed because I know Anet can do better.

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Yea either extend it or significantly increase the tokens. There’s no way I’m going to get anything I want with the current rewards.

Posted by: Tosh.2741

Tosh.2741

I have 2 jobs. I buy gems to feed your kids and I want this event to extend plx. At least increase the reward or reduce the cost of the items from the merchant. I spend like $200 every 2 weeks on gems. Thanks! Luv Toshi.

Ep And Friends[GfG]
50/50 God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals
IGN: Toshi

Posted by: Tayledras.1604

Tayledras.1604

I’ll second this. Four days at the abysmal rate you acquire blooms is just not enough to get the big rewards or multiple middle tier rewards. People have been doing the math on this and yeah…between work, family and sleep there are just not enough hours in the day for me to get to the end even if I spent every waking minute not doing the above in-game doing these events.

They’ve done stuff like this before and it just reminds me I have probably outgrown MMOs. My Steam account works on my schedule…and lately has been far more entertaining.

If you want peace, prepare for war.

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

I do wish for a extra day at least cause of the hiccup that happen the first day.

Posted by: Norrag.8756

Norrag.8756

Extend the event to be at least a week long, and we’re ok here.

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

Just going to add my voice to those who are disappointed with this event. I think all the problems have been spelled out pretty clear by others.

How I feel doing the event is stressed out. To get full rewards you have to complete 20 events in 30 minutes. That’s 1.5 minutes to Waypoint – tag mobs – get out of combat and move on to the next event. You simply can’t stay and are basically a leech counting on other players to finish the event you left.

And for all this stress and bad feelings the max you get is 15 blooms. That’s frankly ridiculous considering the costs of the rewards.

I’m fairly new to GW2 as I’ve only been playing 6 months. So I haven’t seen how your festivals/events work till now. I played LOTRO for years and had fun at the festivals. There were a bevvy of rewards and all were attainable – ALL of them could be gotten in the time allotted with the festival. With this event I will have to grind the whole time just to afford 1 of the rewards on offer – and have to pay gold on top of it.

None of this makes sense to me and it definitely isn’t fun.

Posted by: Ruke.7062

Ruke.7062

Just underwhelming. Disappointed. Events feel heavy and slow. I feel for the new comers of the F2P there first world event is sooooooo disappointing. 4 day event released on NFL opening day and over the opening weekend. Really was this a Seahawk fan rage on the Patriots for Butler BLOWING UP THE ROUTE. I hope not.

please I know you guys are busy But you can fix this.

suggestions:
make it easier to move from one event to the next. (movement boost, make them closer to each other, make more events pop… etc..)
make events closer to accessible way points.
increase the length of the event. What’s the rush? Why 4 days only?
unlock loot for mobs make MF worth something
why is there an hour break?

Rewards are awesome

I believe in Anet.
Your loyal Ruke D AP rank 900 US Server

(edited by Ruke.7062)

Posted by: Duka.5864

Duka.5864

Really boring AA Zerg event!

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

Yeah, this event isn’t all that good; the blossom output is pitiful considering the pricing of the rewards and that the event only lasts for 3 days. No rewards (exp, money, ect) directly from the events and their mobs makes it even worse. If this event was meant for new players, it fails them utterly since they aren’t getting any character progress while doing it. The long down times (that one hour break is ESPECIALLY egregious) between invasions are also completely unnecessary.

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Terrible implementation Anet.

Simple fix:

Reward the number of tokens directly to the level of Invasion Defender AND change the participation level to correlate with the medal colour/reward.

Bronze: 1 level of Invasion Defender
Silver: 2 levels of Invasion Defender
Gold: 3 Levels of Invasion Defender.

As your event sits….rewards are not high enough to buy the items from the trader, and players are simply tagging mobs for credit and moving on to the next event.

Make these changes.

Posted by: Whitewolf.7395

Whitewolf.7395

I figured I would do what I could to get as much of the exclusive goodies I could from this event. However after doing 4 of these and getting rewards for only 1 attempt is disheartening. I expect a few bugs ok but 25% the time I get something out of this isnt worth any of my time. I completed 3 through their entirety and on the third try i got something. Then on my 4th the zerg at a point was so large i lagged out and lost my 9 stacks for that event. Log back in and event is starting over and I have no stacks…..

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

This was clearly a rushed event to give the F2P players a taste of the kind of events Guild Wars 2 has on offer in the future. We’re in a event-drought currently leading up to Heart of Thorns, and they likely figured they needed to push something out, to show that the game does have events too. And then they failed miserably in their execution. No F2P player can feasibly afford 10 Gold on the rewards for one. And it started out not even functioning properly.

I got 5 “tokens” from the first meta-session of 30 mins I did, then nothing the second one I went to, but still.. going by the one where I actually got an reward; five, for 30 minutes invested and not cheesing it by tagging and running (which you are actually promoting, meaning that no event is feasibly getting completed within the broader meta). That means it would take 90 sessions of grinding these metas to get a Selfless- or Thoughtless Potion (luckily I have both already, but I have wanted and expressed a desire for there to be a way that newer players can obtain these too, for the longest time in fact), each meta taking 30 minutes, for a total of 45 hours spent over the course of 4 days that it’s available.. I mean, what? That has to be the dumbest thing I’ve ever encountered. Are we some sort of a-typical F2P grind MMORPG now? I thought ArenaNet said the F2P change wouldn’t make things worse.. but this sure feels worse than previous events.

You are NOT showing your game off to the new players as being as good as it has been. F2P players are just going to get some sort of warped “this game is kitten grindy” view from this, and likely figure they don’t want to buy into it and become a B2P player. It’s like you purposely decided to take a dump on to your own calves, Anet. Pretty dumb.

Edit: Please note that I am “upset” with the execution of this event because I want the game to be as good as it can be. To attract even more customers that buy into it. It frustrates me as a player to see blatantly obvious frustration implemented. This is just that. Anyone should be able to see that this event is not a good execution on showing the new players how great the events of Tyria can be. Lessen the cost of picking up a reward for one, 10 Gold is a lot to a new player, and this is obviously meant for them more so than us Veterans who has most-, if not everything on offer. And reward more tokens for participation. Reward them from drops in the events within the meta, say from Champions that could spawn after you complete the objective. Give players an incentive to stick to the event they are at, not just run off tagging as much as possible. The event itself isn’t a bad idea, the execution of it is.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

All you need to do is, remove the 30 minute break please and also remove the 1 hour 30 after the 3 maps are done.

If you cannot do that, just extend the event an extra week.

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

I do NOT want this nonsense extended. It’s a terrible event— grindy and not fun. It certainly doesn’t show GW2 in its best light for new players. It costs players time and money to participate and the existing rewards (IF you get any) aren’t rewarding.

I enjoyed Scarlet’s invasion and many other past events, but if this is what we have to look forward to… it’s not a good future. Let this die and bury it.

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

Everything has been said before so I just put it simple:
worst event ever.

Posted by: Keneth.6490

Keneth.6490

Theses invasions should reward the collective effort of the players.

I’m just gonna quote this line because it sums up my thoughts on the matter. What exactly was the point of learning how to do things properly over the last three years if this is the result? I would have expected a pathetic event design like this back in LS S01, but this is completely ruining my faith in the development team.

Posted by: Bianca.8943

Bianca.8943

My thing is I just really want the 4 skins and the potions (which i’m sure majority are aiming for as well) but at this rate, honestly how are you supposed to get to like 1800 blooms in 4 days… c’mon Anet -__-

You’d think they’d at least add some type of achievements to which you get extra blooms from as well.

(edited by Bianca.8943)

TJgalon.5012

I havd a decent time with the event, seem nice and easy for new player too, since it was not hard to show them the ropes

Posted by: Oblivion.9032

Oblivion.9032

I’m also going to add my voice to the disappointed list. This event, even with a slightly “better” reward rate after being promised a “fix” is still shockingly terrible. It encourages no group contribution, unrealistic grinding tactics, and caters to no one except for players who feel the need to grind endlessly and tediously for these rewards. Event maps seem very spontaneous (like this event), and it hinders players who do not have map completion on their characters who want to participate.

It’s not fun. It’s a chore.

Even IF a player thought this was reasonable and realistic (which it isn’t), the rewards per half hour are meager. Moving from Point A to Point B to kill Mordrem only to receive next to nothing for participation is not a successful way to market HoT. The Mordrem Invasion event ends up feeling tedious, selfish, and painfully grindy.. I don’t want to have to play until the early hours of the morning just to get one skin because of this arbitrary time frame.

Some players don’t even make it to the event zones. They receive nothing but a “sorry, you weren’t fast enough” message at the end of the event. Even if they don’t make it to tag any of the Mordrem enemies…they don’t really miss much. As said before, the rewards are incredibly painful to grind for. I can’t see myself enjoying this kind of content if this is what I have to look forward to in Heart of Thorns.

Hopefully the developers behind this event take a good look at how NOT to provide “interesting content” for veteran, new, and free-to-play players. After a month’s worth of no story content, the less-than-impressive Anniversary sell-a-bration, and this disappointing, grindy event, hopefully Arenanet will not disappoint their players a third time.

TJgalon.5012

what is wrong with the event beyond that then? you play how you want, and have fun in a group taking out the enemy. I can’t say i see a real down side to the event, besides people wishing for easier rewards.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Ok, putting in my feedback. Skimmed the first page, and I’m pretty sure my views have already been covered, but I want my voice to be heard and to support the views of my fellow players.

I’ve already been called out as an “entitled kitten” in map chat, simply for stating that the threshold is waaaaay to high for the most enticing rewards. Essentially, A-net are asking a player to give up their whole weekend grinding these maps just to get a tonic or a couple of skins. Anybody with a normal routine or other responsibilities will really struggle getting the nice things.

I appreciate that there needs to be some difficult in obtaining these items- they are exclusive, and some were even sold on the gem-store (so essentially loads of people bought them with real money, and it would be unfair if people could get them in a couple of hours). But like somebody already mentioned, probably in a different thread, there is a difference between “difficult” and “unrealistic”.

My other complaint is that this event is SO entirely unrepresentative of the game, its unreal. It’s a free-for-all where people aren’t playing cooperatively or as a team, because there is no other way of tagging enough events to get 20 stacks for maximum reward. The grindiness, along with this “selfish play” seemed to be exactly the opposite of what GW2 has strived to be and of all things, this is the event they choose to roll out for the new F2P players. I really worry that this has given them a negative impression of the game as a whole.

Moreover, the discord that this event has caused in the community is particularly evident in map chat. There have been lots of heated discussions, name-calling and just an all-round unfriendly atmosphere.

My tips on how to improve the event, as individual improvements (the event might be a bit OP if they were all added):
-Increase the amount of blooms awarded, overall
-Make it so that people don’t need to get to 20 for max reward, 10 should be perfectly adequate
-Don’t have the long 1.5 hour break between rounds
-Allow the bonus to be character bound rather than account bound (therefore it will benefit/reward veteran players more than F2P guys)
-Run the event for longer, making the end rewards achievable without having to grind for the whole weekend. 2 weeks was fine for the LS stuff, why not here?

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Did this event once, got literally no reward after running around for 30 min. I guess the rewards were bugged and they fixed them now? But that wont get me my 30 min of running around +15 min of waiting back……

In any case it is not worth the time… no drops at all, things die WAY too fast and the whole thing is just boring and unrewarding.

Yet again disappointed.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Posted by: archiebub.4089

archiebub.4089

I feel bad killing one mob then moving on to the next event to do the same until I reach the 20 stacks necessary for the max reward of 15 blooms. This is what I have to do in order to get the items I want from the merchant.

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

It’d be nice if they did it as a weekend event. Every weekend until the launch of the expansion.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Here is some constructive feedback to help you all with future events. I hope it helps!

1.) Enemies don’t drop loot or gold. That isn’t enticing. Killing stuff for a half hour and not having anything to show for it is disgruntling and unrewarding. If players have to be in the map for the entirety of the event and they disconnect or have to lave that means they get nothing. That is an ill-advised design choice in my opinion.

2.) This relates to #1, but what use are Magic Find Food, Banners, Boosters, camp fires if we aren’t getting loot in the first actual content put in this game in 8+ months?

3.) The Mordrem Bloom Reward Vendor is not only charging the blooms for their wares, but gold as well. As no players can get any gold for the event they just spent a half hour doing, you have turned the rewards(Once again)into a gold sink. After getting no drops from kills in said event, this feels really underwhelming. Not only can I not disconnect or leave the map, but I have to spend my own gold on “rewards”? Really?

4.) This event doesn’t show off any of the “new tech” that is supposed to be in Heart of Thorns. While I like this style of fast zerg, it was much more rewarding in the Aetherblade version of this event where(even though Magic Find didn’t affect it)Champs at least dropped Champ Boxes.

5.) The announcement page for this event said it started at 9 AM server time. Standing around for a half hour hoping it would start any moment wasn’t the way I wanted to start off my time in game.

May I ask the reasoning behind not dropping any gold or loot during this event so at least the players could cover a portion of what the “Reward Vendor” is collecting with what they just did? That’s a serious question as it may help me to get over how annoyed I am by this being the first content in 8 months and it falls so woefully short of the quality I have come to expect from all you talented people at ArenaNet.

Can my player character become one of these vendors please? They seem to be cashing in rather lucratively. We save Tyria and they charge us money to get “rewarded”.

I hope you can understand my frustration.

Dropping gold and some loot (to sell for gold) will not make it much more interesting. Well for those who like to grind it will. Now they are grinding for those blooms, then they are grinding for gold, blooms and karma all at once. But for all the people who don’t like to grind.. it’s not fun.

It’s still just grinding. Something a portion of the player base likes.. in fact at this moment a big portion as GW2 has acted as a filter, filtering out those who didn’t.. On the other hand, with HoT many old players are returning and new are joining.. are we really want to scare them away already?

Please Anet.. stop this grind, stop adding currency after currency, stop the gold-grind. Not by nerfing it, but by rewarding in other ways. If you want a big world event do something like the Karka invasion. Make rewards more interesting, make it some big event where you have to kill one boss. Killing it gives you a title, a reward and maybe also has a few RNG items (if it’s not absurd bad).

Don’t make so much content of the type people grind while watching a movie on their other screen.

Many of the old GW2 players are returning. With those people GW2 might get back the feeling it had back in the day. please try your best to hold them now instead of scaring them away again within the next half year.

You can do better than this.. we all know it.

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

what is wrong with the event beyond that then? you play how you want, and have fun in a group taking out the enemy. I can’t say i see a real down side to the event, besides people wishing for easier rewards.

Its not the easier rewards buddy. Its the fact that the event is only 4 days long! Barely enough to get the required blossoms to buy the top items. That’s if you do 15 hours days this remaining 3 days. Sure have the events locked at there current time but extend the whole event to at least a few more days.

I am literally waiting on the forums for the event to start. because we have a 1 hour break…… I had many new players on my map confused as hell what was going on. They cant waypoint like the vets so they don’t even reach the 10 stack to get blossoms.

At this point I’m just gonna buy the stupid scarlet glove and never touch this event. I got better stuff to do then this event.

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Just a sad and totally bad event. Even southsun introduction was like a real awesome great event compared to this mordrem f—————-.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

TJgalon.5012

Its not the easier rewards buddy. Its the fact that the event is only 4 days long! Barely enough to get the required blossoms to buy the top items. That’s if you do 15 hours days this remaining 3 days. Sure have the events locked at there current time but extend the whole event to at least a few more days.

I am literally waiting on the forums for the event to start. because we have a 1 hour break…… I had many new players on my map confused as hell what was going on. They cant waypoint like the vets so they don’t even reach the 10 stack to get blossoms.

At this point I’m just gonna buy the stupid scarlet glove and never touch this event. I got better stuff to do then this event.

i don’t know, i earn some bloom and the daily, i will try some more later, cause i needed a break anyways, but still have as you said 3 days, i feel no need to rush to get all the prizes.