Mounts [merged]

Mounts [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Well, I appreciate the feedback.

Sticky? Nah, no can do because there are half a dozen or more posts that would call out for the same thing, and stickies push down current topics so we’re trying to keep them few in number. (I’m actually asking team members for a review of stickies to see if we can have fewer.)

Official answer? I don’t see the value of that unless we had the post stickied (see above) or if we had a working #%^&#^ search engine. Since we don’t have a functional search engine, an official post would just slide onto Pg 3 or Pg 4 and we’d see another “Hey, let’s have mounts!” thread.

Perhaps more importantly, I don’t believe there is an official answer on the subject, although sure, I’ll ask about it and see if there’s a way to take advantage of any info on the subject that may be available.

How about a sticky of commonly asked topics, such as this one, with links to where many of the discussions occurred? I believe one already exists:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/List-of-Common-Controversial-Forum-Topics/first#post4584439

Would this be worth creating as a sticky?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Official answer? I don’t see the value of that unless we had the post stickied (see above) or if we had a working #%^&#^ search engine. Since we don’t have a functional search engine, an official post would just slide onto Pg 3 or Pg 4 and we’d see another “Hey, let’s have mounts!” thread.

Perhaps more importantly, I don’t believe there is an official answer on the subject, although sure, I’ll ask about it and see if there’s a way to take advantage of any info on the subject that may be available.

If Anet stated, “Yes we are looking into mount options,” or “No we are not considering adding mounts at this time,” it would indeed give people something to quote and link when the countless mount threads get posted and thus ending those threads thanks to an official answer. So I do see value in an official answer.

The busted search function is not a good excuse for not getting answers to commonly posted threads. Just sayin’

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I posted this a while back, I think it would be a reasonable work-around for the search feature:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Sticky-for-FAQ-type-topics

A single sticky with links to popular questions, laid out FAQ style, would be really helpful for both newcomers, and old-timers trying to answer their questions.

It could also be a place to mark topics that your team is looking into in addition to indexing the answers that have been given, which I think would be a great way of showcasing new communication efforts :-)

That’d be great! A lot of people bring this up again and again, I’m sure they’ll appreciate hearing how the game designers feel about this topic that they’re so passionate about.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

And no, this has been discussed ad nauseam and mounts are for the most part a way to flaunt a players eliteness or wealth.

giggles

Whereas the point of GW2 is to get expensive, pretty skins and AFK in DR/LA.

Not arguing in favor of mounts or directing this at you, Behellagh, I just find that reasoning to be a little silly :-)

Also, legendary weapons. giggles more

Actually it is not “the point” in my gameplay of GW2, thank you very much.
I have no legendary weapon after over two years, nor do I even use other flashy exotic skins. My armor leaves much to be desired…. though that could also be a lack of choices for my charr.

But sure – lets go with the reasoning being silly. * giggles *

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

And no, this has been discussed ad nauseam and mounts are for the most part a way to flaunt a players eliteness or wealth.

giggles

Whereas the point of GW2 is to get expensive, pretty skins and AFK in DR/LA.

Not arguing in favor of mounts or directing this at you, Behellagh, I just find that reasoning to be a little silly :-)

Also, legendary weapons. giggles more

Actually it is not “the point” in my gameplay of GW2, thank you very much.
I have no legendary weapon after over two years, nor do I even use other flashy exotic skins. My armor leaves much to be desired…. though that could also be a lack of choices for my charr.

But sure – lets go with the reasoning being silly. * giggles *

Didn’t say it was why everyone played — I don’t think a legendary is worth it either, FWIW! Just that showing off flashy displays of wealth/l33tness is a big thing in GW2, mounts wouldn’t be that different from what’s already there. Expensive/rare mini-pets are another good example :-)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Snip

How about a sticky of commonly asked topics, such as this one, with links to where many of the discussions occurred? I believe one already exists:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/List-of-Common-Controversial-Forum-Topics/first#post4584439

I like the idea of having a thread where people could navigate popular threads and most discussed points of these common topics- this would need to be a moderator created thread and stickied. All new threads regarding these common topics would be merged into existing topics or closed.

However, although I commend the amount of time that Listenbird has put into the “List of Controversial Forum Topics” thread, I think it would be a bad idea for this particular thread to be stickied. The initial post was terribly biased and a little sarcastic toward the “pro” arguments for most topics, which upset a lot of people, and, in my opinion, reduced the future credibility of the post as the content is still not particularly objective. On this note, I think that if an Arena-net employee stickied this thread, it would seem as though Arena-net support this subjective view and are possibly dismissing the idea of including mounts, duelling, and all the other topics involved.

So, building on what I said before, if a summary of the main arguments is stickied, I think it should completely neutral from the first time the thread is published and cover as many arguments for/against as possible. The thread would have to be locked on creation to avoid further discussion on those particular topics outside of their relevant threads.

It goes without saying that the threads/posts about popular suggestions should always be looked at and evaluated. Although there is a lot of repetitiveness amongst the threads, sometimes there are very good ideas and reasoning that goes on too. Perhaps one day somebody will suggest an idea that Anet thinks is good enough to implement, or a way to implement these ideas.

EDIT: Just realised that there is a discussion about stickying these popular topics here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Sticky-for-FAQ-type-topics

(edited by Crimson Clouds.4853)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Nadesh.7953

Nadesh.7953

I posted this a while back, I think it would be a reasonable work-around for the search feature:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Sticky-for-FAQ-type-topics

A single sticky with links to popular questions, laid out FAQ style, would be really helpful for both newcomers, and old-timers trying to answer their questions.

It could also be a place to mark topics that your team is looking into in addition to indexing the answers that have been given, which I think would be a great way of showcasing new communication efforts :-)

I like the idea of the sticky. I did that in an old game i played. Just need to keep it simple, put the topic name and the links to the different threads. This way people can check it before they post a suggestion.

There are two big problems with this kind of sticky:

The first is to create it if you plan to use old suggestions. In a game like this that would be hard. But if the search thing worked fine it would be easier to create it based on the new ideas that are posted. For example, if someone open a thread about mounts the one in charge of the sticky could search for all the threads related to that and link them to the list.

The second problem is to keep it updated: maybe if that sticky have a name like “before post your suggestion read this” or something like that, and have a manager text encouraging to use old threads instead of create new ones…

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

There is literally one and ONLY one reason Anet would consider mounts and that is if it:

A- Was something people would pay A LOT of gems for, and therefore would be another revenue source for Anet

and

B- If they could also turn it/them into a substantial in-game gold sink

Mind you, the overall projected revenue for such a thing would have to outstrip the man hours cost of developing it. If the projected income doesn’t do that, then they won’t implement mounts and as i see it, the cost to make them viable in this game could not be recouped via gem purchases so in short:

No mounts for you.

Seriously, there is nothing in it for Anet to make mounts? Don’t think so? They just happily implemented the ability to buy new mail carriers to you. Something which no doubt took VERY little dev time to do and made it something purchasable via gems. Low cost in, with potential big profit down the line. Mounts do not fall under this category of things. Not when Anet has a queue of other fixes and updates they have already road-mapped for the game.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Hey! Here’s an idea! What about….

Mounts as Player Characters! Create your Mount Character from a selection of, I dunno, five or so mountable animals like horses and pigs and moas and unicycles or whatever. They’d start at level 1 and have their own Personal Story (using existing zones and stuff) and, well, everything! Even MPVP! All leading up to the point where they become transportation for our non-mount characters! People could even team up as mounts and riders!

Sources of Inspiration for Personal Mount Story:

The Black Stallion
Black Beauty
Babe
The Little Engine That Could

The table is a fable.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

Mounts shouldn’t and won’t be in the game with the current systems.

90% of the map can be reached easily by way points, and players who don’t use way points probably enjoy running now anyway.

SW has more WP’s now, and even the area’s without WP can be easily ran to, or using the skritt holes.

If some players had mounts, they are more likely to run through content and events, if mounts are just faster transportation, how many players are going to dismount to res someone for example?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I’m kind of against mounts being implemented in game if they gave some sort of speed boost. I feel that running around is mostly fast enough, especially with waypoints in this game.

So….

I think if mounts were implemented, their use should be limited to particular areas with few waypoints. The new LS maps would fit this description pretty well I think.

Movement speed increase would be +50%, but dodging could give a brief increase on top of this (e.g. 3 seconds at +75%).

A basic mount would be purchasable using the map’s tokens (e.g. Bandit Crests or Geodes) with slightly different mounts being obtainable in each area. Obviously it’d be great to have e.g. a drake mount in one area and a giant moa mount in the next, but this might be tricky to animate and cost even more resources, so the differences between each area’s mount would be purely reskin (e.g. you could buy a Crimson Moa in Dry Top and a Black Moa in Silverwastes).

Additional mounts/mount “skins” could be purchased through the gem store, offering a wider selection of models, perhaps even seasonal editions. I would think of them similar to minis, where a particular mini could be toggled in the Hero panel- you could do the same with mounts so that your favourite mount will be chosen whenever you mount up. It would be useful if there was a hotkey option to mount up. much like there’s a hotkey option for autorun.

I would imagine that combat would be removed or severely limited whilst mounted. Perhaps by mounting up, your skills would be replaced by mount skills(so instead of the previously suggested evade to gain +75% swiftness for 3 seconds, this would be Skill 1 etc).

It’s just an idea and with the amount of mount topics here… it’s bound to have already been suggested :P (Constructive criticism would be great- problem solving is good fun!)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

if we had a working #%^&#^ search engine.

i thought this was Guild Wars 2, not Qbert… unless you mean you’re trying to hire Qbert to rewrite the search engine… in which case i would remind you to seek Ralph’s and Felix’s permission first, since Qbert migrated to their game for the bonus levels…

/endgeekcredjoke

– The Baconnaire

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

I believe that the speed of the mount must not exceed 33%. This kind of game, which GW2 is need higher standards. Simple cosmetics will not be enough. Therefore, I support the idea of “combat” mounts.

The problem (and advantage) is that the environment built with certain laws. Adds higher speeds = the whole system breaks down (mean puzzles, battles with mobs and so on). Adds cosmetic only mount, type of carpet – minimum of people are interested. Therefore a compromise is needed. In other words, speed buff should be but it should not exeed the maximum possible speed without mount (do not take into account the trait with which thieves can run in stealth with suppa speed, this is class only feature). Beautiful horse + permanent buff of speed will already attract many people and will eliminate the need to keep signet on panel or trait for speed where there is no practical need. However, many people are already good and well without it. So there is need to provide not just a decoration, but a kind of entertainment. Remember that in the game has such a thing as a tonics. So transfer the idea to mounts. Give several combat abilities without the benefit of a damage or convenience (make so that mounted player could kill the mob, but could not do it better than unmounted). Several unique and cute mounts with unique skills (like charges, long jumps, a couple of options for attacks and so on) will make them desirable acquisition for almost any player.

(edited by MeGaZlo.9516)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

How about, if anyone types the word Mount or Mounts, their post is immediately flagged and deleted? Or put into a new forum called “Stuff that will never happen, get over it”.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I get such a laugh out of the anti-mount people. The amount of energy used to twist logic to use against mounts is mind boggling. Some players really want mounts, end of story. The issue should be simply choice. If a player wants a mount so they can traverse Tyria’s vast open world, great. If someone doesn’t want a mount and uses the way points, great. It’s ALL good if it keeps players entertained and invested in the game. Telling either side they are wrong and can’t have does nothing but lessen someones experience of the game.

The word for every anti-mount person to learn is tolerance. This isn’t YOUR game alone.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: joneb.5679

joneb.5679

Well, I appreciate the feedback.

Sticky? Nah, no can do because there are half a dozen or more posts that would call out for the same thing, and stickies push down current topics so we’re trying to keep them few in number. (I’m actually asking team members for a review of stickies to see if we can have fewer.)

Have you ever considered if there are so many common conversations that there would be many stickies there could be a separate common discussion forum with the relevant stickies only limited to maybe two or thee pages so folks can easily find them and add to them instead.

I use forums to give my opinions but I mostly avoid discussing over
them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

Mounts [merged]

Tachenon.5270

i want to see a norm on an asura mount .

Well, okay.

Attachments:

The table is a fable.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

i want to see a norm on an asura mount .

Well, okay.

Excellent!!!!! LMAO.

BTW—No Mounts!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: joneb.5679

joneb.5679

I get such a laugh out of the anti-mount people. The amount of energy used to twist logic to use against mounts is mind boggling. Some players really want mounts, end of story. The issue should be simply choice. If a player wants a mount so they can traverse Tyria’s vast open world, great. If someone doesn’t want a mount and uses the way points, great. It’s ALL good if it keeps players entertained and invested in the game. Telling either side they are wrong and can’t have does nothing but lessen someones experience of the game.

The word for every anti-mount person to learn is tolerance. This isn’t YOUR game alone.

I agree. The game has a number of silly cosmetic bs such as outfits and minis. None of them are any different from having mounts and Anet already have a selection of cosmetic mounts anyway so it can be done. There are so many options and ways it could be implemented to add no more lag to the systems than having minis does and to not break game mechanics. The fact this game has such a rich magic-tech culture means there could be so many amazing different mounts from golem suits to rocket jet packs, plants, creatures. SO many varied sylvari, charr, asura, norn and human creations.

Its such a waste not to implement this and it shows a lack of vision, imagination and ability.

I use forums to give my opinions but I mostly avoid discussing over
them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Its such a waste not to implement this and it shows a lack of vision, imagination and ability.

No it doesnt. Copying other mmo’s sounds more like a lack of vision.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Nonsense.

The amount of dev time that would have to be focused on mounts in this game would actually impact their ability to fix real problems in the game all so 50% of the population could have a mechanics breaking vanity item. When the pro-mount side can come up with a valid argument for mounts other than “i want it” that is not easily refutable then the anti-mount side might listen. until then we will continue to point out why they are unnecessary in this particular game.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Belenus.9132

Belenus.9132

I’ve wanted a mount that has a better turn of speed than my own running speed since I joined up (this said, I also want somebody to fix the auto-drawing weapons when I run through gas clouds as that slows me down and nothing is technically attacking me) but a large animal, or series of animals could be used as mounts. We have flying carpets and brooms, so why not a mount – but this does mean the question has to be asked, like a rangers pet, does it change when you go from land to water or does it exist irrespective of environment?

Mounts [merged]

MeGaZlo.9516

Why did you decide that mounts is copying of other mmo? In reality people also used the mounts. By your logic all mmo – plagiarism of reality? And even if we assume that the implementation of the idea of mounts is copying – then what prevents to implement it so that it will be not like in other MMOs?
See? Lack of vision.

Mounts [merged]

aspirine.6852

Why did you decide that mounts is copying of other mmo? In reality people also used the mounts. By your logic all mmo – plagiarism of reality? And even if we assume that the implementation of the idea of mounts is copying – then what prevents to implement it so that it will be not like in other MMOs?
See? Lack of vision.

Dont come with BS explanations please. People want mounts because they have in in their old MMO and/or RPG.

Mounts [merged]

MeGaZlo.9516

See? Lack of vision.

Dont come with BS explanations please. People want mounts because they have in in their old MMO and/or RPG.

What makes you think that you know what and why all people want?
What makes you think that the rejection of ideas make mmo unique, and most importantly, better?
What makes you think that mounts is copying anything but reality? Perhaps you don’t like bows? They exist in ALL mmo. Let’s remove them. And big swords. This is so corny. Hey! May be remove a combat at all? Absolutely every MMO has a combat element. Plagiarism.
What exactly makes ideas which already introduced unique? Absolutely everything were somewhere already.

(edited by MeGaZlo.9516)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Maybe the reason why ANet hasn’t added mounts is because they haven’t hatched yet?

Attachments:

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

See? Lack of vision.

Your argumentation is incoherent. So, every RPG is copying other RPG be cause they have a horse to ride. This means every (MMO-)RPG is copying Zelda or Elder Scrolls (or what game ever ‘introduced’ an animal to ride).

It’s as if you would argue that wielding a sword is copying another game, be cause it is in a lot of other games… think about it! It is pretty natural that in games with vast worlds you have the ability to ride a horse or whatever. The ridiculous arguments of the anti-mount-faction – if they bring up any – are lackluster, incoherent and illegitimate. The only argument I see they are right is that it costs resources that may be used somewhere else.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Mounts [merged]

aspirine.6852

See? Lack of vision.

Your argumentation is incoherent. So, every RPG is copying other RPG be cause they have a horse to ride. This means every (MMO-)RPG is copying Zelda or Elder Scrolls (or what game ever ‘introduced’ an animal to ride).

It’s as if you would argue that wielding a sword is copying another game, be cause it is in a lot of other games… think about it! It is pretty natural that in games with vast worlds you have the ability to ride a horse or whatever. The ridiculous arguments of the anti-mount-faction – if they bring up any – are lackluster, incoherent and illegitimate. The only argument I see they are right is that it costs resources that may be used somewhere else.

Some weird people in the pro mount group. You might aswell bring colours or pixels as an example of copying other games.

Mounts [merged]

Tachenon.5270

See? Lack of vision.

In their old MMOs and/or RPGs people had, in varying degrees…

Characters
Professions/Classes
Non-Player Characters
Levels
Skills/Traits/Whatever
Armor/Weapons/Gear
Tailor/Barbershop/Makeover/Customization
Zones
Quests/Missions
Mounts
Housing
Crafting
Trinity/Roles
Builds
Power-ups
Maps/Mini-Maps
Grind/Goals
Titles/Achievements

So much copying! One might begin to suspect that these things might just be the fundamental elements from which MMOs and/or RPGs are made. Just as flour, eggs, sugar, milk, and butter comprise the fundamental elements from which cakes are made. Further, one, especially one who has played GW2, might conclude that innovation lies in choosing which elements to leave out/save for desperate times.

Personally, I think it would be cool if the next MMO had no characters! That would be truly innovative.

And people would say, ‘I like this game all right and all, but I think it would benefit from having characters.’ And other people would answer, ‘Characters? That’s so cliche! Keep those things outta here! Go back to GW2 if you want characters!’

The table is a fable.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Didn’t read the whole thread but adding mounts requires a lot of work which ANet would have already done if they thought it would be doable….just think of the gem store mounts possibilities….mounts for 1600 gems? why not….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I usually don’t touch mount threads since they end up in toxic irrational arguments. But, the only discussion about mounts is acquisition/variety and whether or not they give a boost in movement speed. We already have mounts in the game and i’d expect they will continue to add them in the future. I also really feel like they’ve done it in a very interesting, Arena type way, with the broom and carpet.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: MagicalSilence.1837

MagicalSilence.1837

Skipped 99% of the thread to just say .. Moose mount hell id even pay 8000 gems for that

Desolution – Saesin Nyte & Xi Vixi – Simply Lovable Pug – Best Trebber EU

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I usually don’t touch mount threads since they end up in toxic irrational arguments. But, the only discussion about mounts is acquisition/variety and whether or not they give a boost in movement speed. We already have mounts in the game and i’d expect they will continue to add them in the future. I also really feel like they’ve done it in a very interesting, Arena type way, with the broom and carpet.

Are you talking about the EOTM transformation?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Mounts [merged]

munkiman.3068

Are you talking about the EOTM transformation?

Golems, the broom and carpet and the asura skill.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

The carpet is terrible. You can’t even AFk because within 5 minutes of inactivity it gets dropped. Plus not to mention that each of these mounts require 2 clicks. One to Use them, and 2nd to wield them. I hate the skill thing about them.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Oh sure, it starts off all innocent with a magic carpet, then a dolyak, then a horse and pretty soon you’re Riding around on a squirrel with a bad holiday sweater on

Please, no mounts.

Mounts [merged]

munkiman.3068

The carpet is terrible. You can’t even AFk because within 5 minutes of inactivity it gets dropped. Plus not to mention that each of these mounts require 2 clicks. One to Use them, and 2nd to wield them. I hate the skill thing about them.

I’m completely impartial to mounts, i played WoW and ran through many maps before and after. Mostly the mounts in WoW are annoying, bulky and get in the way. I like what they did with what the options are. I think many of us would be happier with a consumables (click and go) bar. But, yeah i get it they aren’t perfect, but when has Arena given us perfect (any any game for that matter). I’m ok with it and i have a lot of complaints!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Nonsense.

The amount of dev time that would have to be focused on mounts in this game would actually impact their ability to fix real problems in the game all so 50% of the population could have a mechanics breaking vanity item. When the pro-mount side can come up with a valid argument for mounts other than “i want it” that is not easily refutable then the anti-mount side might listen. until then we will continue to point out why they are unnecessary in this particular game.

The whole point of the gemstore, from the earliest public discussions of microtransactions in GW2, was that it would focus on things that would be unnecessary in the game and yet be sufficiently desired by some portion of the player base as to be profitable for Anet to produce.

The, “unnecessary,” argument is perhaps the worst possible one to bring against the concept of mounts (or other such suggested additions to the game) precisely because unnecessary but desired is one of the key measurements of what Anet wants in the gemstore.

Personally I tend to think that the game handles the huge zergs of players encouraged by much of its content sufficiently poorly as to make adding additional models (or additionally complex if rider and mount are considered a single model) to be questionable.

Then ther is the opportunity cost associated with dev resources assigned to a project that seems likely to be as complex as adding mounts.

Then there is the concern that purely cosmetic mounts, lacking a speed buff, would not produce sufficient revenue to make the project worthwhile. Even if mounts have a speed buff the instant travel option of waypoints seem likely to discourage some portion of the potential market from buying them. This would put a new, probably expensive to produce, product in direct conflict with the existing design of the game. This could potentially encourage ANet to de-emphasize ease of movement in future explorable content through lessened inclusion of way points.

Potential for negative impact on the game we have, and the game we will continue to get are my concerns with the possibility of adding mounts, “unnecessary,” but desired is actually an argument for them.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

No GW2 map is big enough or complex enough to require mounts.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Doctor Eli.6108

Doctor Eli.6108

See? Lack of vision.

I believe it was Mario, riding Yoshi

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Alright, so this idea of mine is rather out there. Moa Lancers (people riding on moas). If WvW is ever expanded upon, this could serve as a type of cavalry force for the zergs. These “Moa Lancers” would need to be balanced so that they are not too fast, don’t outclass zerging on foot, and require decent strategic positioning to work properly. They could also be implemented into open world PvE to ease on-foot map navigation.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

Games where it takes you several minutes by mount to get somewhere is one thing, but GW2? It takes less than 1 min of running (or skritt tunnel in SW) from a WP to get anywhere. Mounts would just clutter up the screen and slow FPS.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Mufasa.8415

Mufasa.8415

If you go to Dry Top you can farm the chests until you get a kite drop and then you’ll have permanent swiftness while holding the kite of which there are three styles. It may not be a full scale swiftness but it is permanent and increases while during a sandstorm in Dry Top.

Drunken Mufasa
The Stonemouth Keep
Tarnished Coast

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: sweetasme.5278

sweetasme.5278

Returning player wonder when we gona see a mount or a house system in GW2??

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

There are no plans to add either to GW2

There is a large and existing thread to discuss mounts here though.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mounts-14/first#post4547361

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

You may be interested in the CDI thread on Guild Halls. It’s been my understanding that if they do a CDI for a game element it will eventually be introduced. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/cdi/CDI-Guilds-Guild-Halls/first

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Wow.
One Mount topic disappears from 1st page, then another pops up.
Desperate people…

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

Wow.
One Mount topic disappears from 1st page, then another pops up.
Desperate people…

Do a little research for you assume anything. Op posted two things ever, one thing 4 months ago and this thread. How do you know he is aware of anything in those other threads for mounts?

To the Op look here to continue discussion on the mount topic…..edit your title to delete the word mount from it. Happy reading, you will find it dull and lifeless because the same things are said over and over.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mounts-14/page/11#post4621111

To Anti-Mount Posters(Neysayers): Don’t do it! Just ignore this thread! The op obviously is unaware.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It’s been my understanding that if they do a CDI for a game element it will eventually be introduced.

The devs themselves explained, that this understanding is not correct.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It’s been my understanding that if they do a CDI for a game element it will eventually be introduced.

The devs themselves explained, that this understanding is not correct.

That is sort of true to cover themselves which i can understand. However, i would not expect the devs to waste time on something if they dis not at least have intent and were using the cdis to guide development.