Mounts [merged]

Mounts [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: avEmaria.4716

avEmaria.4716

You have mini pets if you want to collect pretty/cute things.

And a ton of them at that. [/quote]

waypoint is just a game mechanics, I want to enjoy the views and scenery while riding my mount.. also im new to the game :p

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

waypoint is just a game mechanics, I want to enjoy the views while riding my mount.. also im new to the game :p

We dont need mounts. We outrun centaurs for crying out loud. The maps are small. You can run from one side of the world to the other in about 2 hours. Mounts arent needed. These topics have popped up for 3 years. Google first. this is going to be merged like the rest and then forgotten.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

waypoint is just a game mechanics, I want to enjoy the views and scenery while riding my mount.. also im new to the game :p

Not gonna happen. Want to see some neat views? Go to vistas. Climb up the borders and high areas (experimental rifles and engi rifle are useful for this). Plus, in the new map(s) for the expansion, there will be gliders to kind of do this (just not for a lengthy period of time). Mounts as they are in other games, especially flying ones, won’t ever be a thing, though.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Roll a warrior with a sword and gs, or a theif with sb and dagger… you will be so fast its hilarious to explore.

This reminds me on the topic of a warrior with gs sword/horn asking for a 10% more speed as he was slow at roaming in wvw.

On topic, we dont need mounts in this game where you can quickly waypoint anywhere you wanna go. I love the fact of playing a decent MMO without mounts cluttering up the screen. Had a good time in WoW with all the mounts but thats passé.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: RegnorVex.4071

RegnorVex.4071

On a related note, the Heart of Thrones expansion includes hang gliders (this has been confirmed by ANet and their use appears in the HoT promotional video). There isn’t much information on them yet, but they appear to be like those in ArcheAge (perhaps its greatest feature).

In AA, you were always on a descent, making your time in the air relative to the height at which you launched, bounded by a 4 (or 5, I forget) minute timer. They’re great fun for jumping off high points and getting really good mileage, not to mention scenery, and may prove to be even more fun in the new vertically expanded world of the Maguuma Jungle.

Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Fail

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

This is not WoW or any oter mount infested game. The devs have stated several times there is NO need for mounts in GW

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

NO!

Stop it!

Sheesh….go post in one of the other hundred mount threads.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

We have waypoints. There’s no need for the screen clutter that are mounts.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Mounts [merged]

Offair.2563

If only Anet would fix this broken search so people could actually type MOUNTS in it and see countless of threads, new ones wont pop up again.

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Mounts [merged]

LanfearShadowflame.3189

If only Anet would fix this broken search so people could actually type MOUNTS in it and see countless of threads, new ones wont pop up again.

Gaile has given us a work around for that, using google. People google everything else now-a-days. What’s one more thing…

But yes, it would be nice if the search function worked properly

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Waypoints should be in the major population centers and nowhere else. Waypoints have made the game world feel small. Waypoints have made exploration an exercise in moot-ality (take that, English language!), even in the unreleased new zones, because wherever we go, the waypoint installers have already been there. And on top of that, the waypoint installers are a bunch of jerks, because they they’re all like, hey, there’s this waypoint over there where you want to go that’s been part of our network of waypoints for like forever, but you can’t use it until you ‘discover’ it, bwahaha.

Who installs these things, anyway? It’s a sure bet they’re the ones keeping us from having proper mounts!

The table is a fable.

Mounts [merged]

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Waypoints should be in the major population centers and nowhere else. Waypoints have made the game world feel small. Waypoints have made exploration an exercise in moot-ality (take that, English language!), even in the unreleased new zones, because wherever we go, the waypoint installers have already been there. And on top of that, the waypoint installers are a bunch of jerks, because they they’re all like, hey, there’s this waypoint over there where you want to go that’s been part of our network of waypoints for like forever, but you can’t use it until you ‘discover’ it, bwahaha.

Who installs these things, anyway? It’s a sure bet they’re the ones keeping us from having proper mounts!

Wait…. waypoints make the world feel small….

Yet, people want mounts with speed boosts because otherwise its too tedious to get around?

Think that one through for a bit….

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Tomerant.2701

Tomerant.2701

actually…. what this game needs is less fOkng loadings and LESS waypoints.

game doesn’t feel massive at all. In fact I feel like playing Vindictus, Neverwinter or C9… Instanced tiny hubs everywhere.

Pentium 200Mhz; 64Mb RAM; HP Nvidia GeForce 64Mb;

Mounts [merged]

Offair.2563

Gaile has given us a work around for that, using google. People google everything else now-a-days. What’s one more thing…

That is a band aid “fix” and quite pathetic for a company that creates his own forum and maintenance it. One would think they could fix it but no, lol.

Mounts [merged]

Tachenon.5270

Yet, people want mounts with speed boosts because otherwise its too tedious to get around?

I have thought it through. Now you try it!

Waypoint = instantly there! Well, depending on your PC, you may be looking at a loading screen for several seconds… but that’s beside the point. Ahem.

Mount, even speed-boosted = travel the countryside! See the scenery! Enjoy the fresh air and monsters!

The table is a fable.

Mounts [merged]

LanfearShadowflame.3189

That is a band aid “fix” and quite pathetic for a company that creates his own forum and maintenance it. One would think they could fix it but no, lol.

Lol a "band aid “fix” " is exactly what a “work around” is. It does exactly what the name implies…allows you to work around the issue.

As for being “quite pathetic” it’s actually not as uncommon as you might think. I’ve been on several projects where there is a bug that needs fixing, is on the do list, but isnt a priority (even though it exists and impacts the production environment) because it can be worked around.

Mounts [merged]

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Waypoint = instantly there! Well, depending on your PC, you may be looking at a loading screen for several seconds… but that’s beside the point. Ahem.

Mount, even speed-boosted = travel the countryside! See the scenery! Enjoy the fresh air and monsters!

Mounts make the world seem small too, regardless of having the ability to “see” the countryside and monsters because people don’t pay any attention to them. They just run right one through. Go take a gander at WoW and tell me people pay freaking attention. They don’t.

The only difference is how much time is wasted getting from point A to point B.

Mounts [merged]

Tachenon.5270

Mounts make the world seem small too, regardless of having the ability to “see” the countryside and monsters because people don’t pay any attention to them. They just run right one through. Go take a gander at WoW and tell me people pay freaking attention. They don’t.

People run right on through even without mounts. I know I do! I’m like, go away, stupid monster, I’m in too much of a hurry to mess around with you! If I had a mount I’d be all like, go away, stupid monster, I’m in too much of a hurry and I look too darn cool on this way cool mount to mess around with you! Especially if it was a skale. I hate those things. So annoying.

Of course, the smarter monsters would have hard to see wires and stuff strung up at a rider’s neck height to catch unwary riders and make them fall down and go boom. They might even have mounts, too. Imagine a centaur riding in a chariot drawn by speed-boosted skale. /e shudder.

Plus anet could have people optionally working on getting ascended wisps, picks, currycombs for their mounts, as well as saddles, stirrups, bridles, halters, reins, bits, harnesses, martingales, and breastplates, among other things.

Still saying neigh to mounts?

The table is a fable.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

Right now the game has to hide mini pets so performance isn’t impacted too badly. Imagine how bad it would be with mounts in a large zerg.

The game was designed around not having mounts, if the zones were not instanced and bigger maybe it would make sense.

Games with mounts have actual distances that would take more than the couple mins it takes to run across a large zone in GW2.

The only mount that we should get is a mini pet squire that clops two coconuts together as we run and adds player animations as if we are pretending to ride a horse.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

People run right on through even without mounts. I know I do! I’m like, go away, stupid monster, I’m in too much of a hurry to mess around with you! If I had a mount I’d be all like, go away, stupid monster, I’m in too much of a hurry and I look too darn cool on this way cool mount to mess around with you! Especially if it was a skale. I hate those things. So annoying.

Of course, the smarter monsters would have hard to see wires and stuff strung up at a rider’s neck height to catch unwary riders and make them fall down and go boom. They might even have mounts, too. Imagine a centaur riding in a chariot drawn by speed-boosted skale. /e shudder.

Plus anet could have people optionally working on getting ascended wisps, picks, currycombs for their mounts, as well as saddles, stirrups, bridles, halters, reins, bits, harnesses, martingales, and breastplates, among other things.

Still saying neigh to mounts?

It’s hard to argue against that.

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Eh, mounts will just make you fat from lack of exercise.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: JackSpacer.4320

JackSpacer.4320

I think cultural mounts would be cool. Nothing special on movement speed, but if they HAVE to put something, make it akin to the speed booster in the cash shop. Would be the equivalent of buying a perma-speed booster for whatever amount of gems. Charr steam cycle or a Sylvari riding on a mini treant of some kind. Asura have golems and humans can have horse! /gasp

Norns…can’t have mounts. Drinking and driving is bad, mmmkay?

“The hype is real.”

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Krew.3081

Krew.3081

I think cultural mounts would be cool. Nothing special on movement speed, but if they HAVE to put something, make it akin to the speed booster in the cash shop. Would be the equivalent of buying a perma-speed booster for whatever amount of gems. Charr steam cycle or a Sylvari riding on a mini treant of some kind. Asura have golems and humans can have horse! /gasp

Norns…can’t have mounts. Drinking and driving is bad, mmmkay?

I have to agree with this. I know, lots of people don’t want mounts. Why? The speed or just the thought of collecting them or trying to achieve them. This game is very pretty. The community plays to collect the cosmetic things. Some pay for them, some work for them. I have to say adding mounts would be very cool, even if it is for looks only and not the needed speed boost for out of combat.

Short version – Mounts would be, in my opinion an awesome addition to this game. They would also be a huge income and money maker for Anet. I really don’t see the downside here. Once again – even if they are for looks and not a huge speed boost.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Yumeijin.5439

Yumeijin.5439

I would be all for mounts on the condition they’re not a mindless speed buff with aesthetics attached. There’s an opportunity here to put a twist on mounts that would make them similar with a Guild Wars flair to it.

I’d like to see them take the form of kits that give you slightly varying abilities. Maybe flying carpets and brooms can glide somewhat, maybe horses could jump fences and walls of certain heights, maybe moas can sprint in bursts that could wear them out if overused, maybe Charr designed motorcycles can turn on a dime or blast smoke from their tailpipe. If you’re going to give them speed boosts, make them something you build up to: as in you start at your base speed and accelerate to a maximum speed.

And this could lay the groundwork for other uses. What about activities like jousting, or more races?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

I would be all for mounts on the condition they’re not a mindless speed buff with aesthetics attached. There’s an opportunity here to put a twist on mounts that would make them similar with a Guild Wars flair to it.

And this could lay the groundwork for other uses. What about activities like jousting, or more races?

Exactly. Not everything to do with Mounts is based just on buffing the speed. We have a cosmetic type mount already, if you include the broom. And “events based on mounts”, I agree with fully and would love.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

How about pure cosmetic mounts like we already have (Broomstick, Carpet)? I’d pay for those in a heartbeat. It’s a nice middle ground, too, for the mount-lovers out there.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

I don’t understand why people asking or saying no to mounts. Because we already have mounts, they do not provide any speed bonus and they are not creature , but they are still mounts. You get Carpet, broom, siege golem (this one even come with combat mechanic). So asking for mounts seems a little weird to me because we already have them. Saying no to mounts is even more confusing because it is already in the game.
I guess some people say mounts when they actually want horses, well ultimately it’s nothing different than magic carpet so I don’t understand why not.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Its simple, they don’t want it. So they don’t want you to have it.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Cazamar.7148

Cazamar.7148

For the love of God why?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I don’t understand why people asking or saying no to mounts. Because we already have mounts, they do not provide any speed bonus and they are not creature , but they are still mounts. You get Carpet, broom, siege golem (this one even come with combat mechanic). So asking for mounts seems a little weird to me because we already have them. Saying no to mounts is even more confusing because it is already in the game.
I guess some people say mounts when they actually want horses, well ultimately it’s nothing different than magic carpet so I don’t understand why not.

THIS! Finally someone hits home! Also dont forgt the sonic tunneling tool too! It would be nice if we could get a golem mount, kinda like Taimi

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Linthenius.3704

Linthenius.3704

This is the main reason I left WoW for this game. Mounts ruined exploration in quite a few ways. Don’t even get me started on flying mounts in that game…

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

This is the main reason I left WoW for this game. Mounts ruined exploration in quite a few ways. Don’t even get me started on flying mounts in that game…

I agree on the flying mounts, but I don’t see how regular mounts ruined exploration in WoW. I always loved mounts in WoW all the way up to BC (yes, even the flying mounts in the Outland were awesome, because the Outland was designed with flying mounts in mind). Only when they decided to add flying mounts to Azeroth did the game start to suck because Azeroth was never designed for flying mounts.

Mounts [merged]

yolo swaggins.2570

Mounts are okay in WoW because there is no other way to travel save a few portals. They have a purpose aside from looking cool.

In GW2 there are waypoints which defeats the functional purpose of mounts if they were to be added. The reason why people are saying no is because the existence of waypoints turns mounts into an aesthetic item and those items could be used to grief.

Liaison for [Teef]

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

The reason why people are saying no is because the existence of waypoints turns mounts into an aesthetic item and those items could be used to grief.

Wut? How in the world could aesthetic items be used to grief?

We already have aesthetic “mounts” and I don’t see those being used to grief. How would riding the back of a dolyak, horse or mini-dragon be any different from riding a flying carpet – which isn’t and can’t be used to grief?

Mounts [merged]

warbignime.4610

Its simple, they don’t want it. So they don’t want you to have it.

Dear runeblade.7514, please read before you reply. Thanks

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

I agree! We have some mount-ish things in game already. However I would probably have to side with the people asking for mounts if we got char mounts… Humans mounted atop armored chars riding into battle swinging asura flails (held by the ears of course)

Mounts [merged]

warbignime.4610

For the love of God why?

Read thread before reply please.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Cazamar.7148

Cazamar.7148

For the love of God why?

I did read the 7,272,361,968th thread about mounts. I was referring to people like you who need to learn to use the merged thread. Most of us are tired of seeing mount threads every week. LTM, which means learn to merge.

As a former Marine and combat vet I do however like your sig.

(edited by Cazamar.7148)

Mounts [merged]

yolo swaggins.2570

The reason why people are saying no is because the existence of waypoints turns mounts into an aesthetic item and those items could be used to grief.

Wut? How in the world could aesthetic items be used to grief?

We already have aesthetic “mounts” and I don’t see those being used to grief. How would riding the back of a dolyak, horse or mini-dragon be any different from riding a flying carpet – which isn’t and can’t be used to grief?

Those items are too small to grief. When you start getting into animals and such (like dragons) those can be used to grief. How the griefing works depends on how anet designs the mounts.

Liaison for [Teef]

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

plz no mounts we don’t need them and it will make WVW lagg even more
mounts also count as players

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

but but but what if the char players could be used AS mounts then it wouldn’t count as extra players? Ok in all seriousness I agree, adding more large things to the zerg wouldn’t be very helpful, and would create more lag then there is already.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Yeah, I don’t get it, either.

Game devs seem irrationally fixated on mounts (or the lack of them), in games, ATM.

I think it’s just a phase…

Really, it makes very little difference, either way and just makes the game seem slightly richer and more fun, to have them.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Mounts [merged]

warbignime.4610

For the love of God why?

I did read the 7,272,361,968th thread about mounts. I was referring to people like you who need to learn to use the merged thread. Most of us are tired of seeing mount threads every week. LTM, which means learn to merge.

As a former Marine and combat vet I do however like your sig.

I am not asking for mounts?

Mounts [merged]

warbignime.4610

What you mean pls no mounts, we already have mounts in game.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I think it’s fairly safe to say they need to invest in their infrastructure, in that regard, either way.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

THIS! Finally someone hits home! Also dont forgt the sonic tunneling tool too! It would be nice if we could get a golem mount, kinda like Taimi

What you guys are talking about are not mounts, technically.

The Flying Carpet and Broomstick are considered “Toys” – like the toy executioner axe or Bloody Prince’s Toy Staff. Same with the Sonic Tunneling Tool.

The “golem mount” is a form skill – little different than the Lich Form, Tornado, Locust Swarm, etc.

A mount, to most people’s mind, is not something that counts only to Costume Brawl or acts as an elite skill/a consumable siege item in WvW.

Note: I am neither for nor against it. But if it’s done, I want to see it done right.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Mounts [merged]

warbignime.4610

What you guys are talking about are not mounts, technically.

The Flying Carpet and Broomstick are considered “Toys” – like the toy executioner axe or Bloody Prince’s Toy Staff. Same with the Sonic Tunneling Tool.

The “golem mount” is a form skill – little different than the Lich Form, Tornado, Locust Swarm, etc.

A mount, to most people’s mind, is not something that counts only to Costume Brawl or acts as an elite skill/a consumable siege item in WvW.

Note: I am neither for nor against it. But if it’s done, I want to see it done right.

I really don’t think there are not much difference between them, they can implement a wooden pony and call it toy if they want, but toys such as carpet and brooms are really not that different from mount.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: CptTrips.6512

CptTrips.6512

vote for merge