New Dailies

New Dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

So as far as I can tell, you have kept dailies the same, but have only made them harder, and require more boring stuff like crafting.

What happened to the new and exciting things every day, encouraging us to go back to old areas?

New Dailies

Posted by: philip.1897

philip.1897

I like the variety, but this seems much harder to complete now.

What if I don’t have any friends around to get 10 kills with an ally?

Please think of the people that may want to just play on their own.

New Dailies

Posted by: Oceanhawk.7182

Oceanhawk.7182

You cant solo dailies now either. You have to have combo kills, also have to have underwater kills and craft 10 items each day. Pretty lame changes

New Dailies

Posted by: WeLoveKanjimari.6725

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

You cannot solo the kill combo daily which is kitten me off pretty hardcore. You can’t even do it with strangers, you HAVE to add people to a party to do it.

They made these achievements sound like a reason to come back to the game, but…yeah. No. This is really stupid.

New Dailies

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

To be fair, the crafting daily can be done by refining. I finished the crafting daily in 10 sec by refining a pile of jute.

New Dailies

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I have to craft to get my daily? Jeebus that’s terrible. Did they add the “choose which ones you want to do” system yet, or do we have to do whatever they throw at us?

To be fair, the crafting daily can be done by refining. I finished the crafting daily in 10 sec by refining a pile of jute.

Well that’s a relief, then. I was thinking I’d have to do some 400 recipe crap or whatever.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

New Dailies

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

10 items? Time to refine my 1000 Mithril Ore that are taking dust in my bank.

New Dailies

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

I don’t even understand the kill combo daily.

Do we have to get a killing blow with a combo finisher? I have done dozens of combos with my party mates since loading the game and I’m only up to 6/10.

Seems silly if you have to time your finisher to kill the mob just to get credit.

New Dailies

Posted by: kettering.6823

kettering.6823

I don’t understand why they have to be kills. Why not just regular combos? I’m going to find this one super difficult to complete I think. : (

New Dailies

Posted by: aguering.6974

aguering.6974

That’s absolutely lame, what’s Anet thinking?? I don’t craft EVER, I hate crafting, and I’m POOR to craft, because all my money goes on waypointing the whole kitten time. Dumb and pointless update.

New Dailies

Posted by: Taffu.1825

Taffu.1825

Do I really have to rely on other people to complete my daily’s? Seriously…that is REALLY not cool. Monthly maybe, but not my daily…it’s one of my primary Karma earning methods. Having to rely on other plays to complete combo’s is absurd. Not cool…your mind was in the right place adding variety, but this just isn’t cool.

Taffu – 80 Thief [Borlis Pass]

New Dailies

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

You cannot solo the kill combo daily which is kitten me off pretty hardcore. You can’t even do it with strangers, you HAVE to add people to a party to do it.

They made these achievements sound like a reason to come back to the game, but…yeah. No. This is really stupid.

wtf is this?

New Dailies

Posted by: Torgrim.3642

Torgrim.3642

Does solo combo counts for dailys?

New Dailies

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Great.. because what I want to do at crafting level 400 is just craft 10 items for the sake of crafting 10 items.

New Dailies

Posted by: Yumiya.3951

Yumiya.3951

I suppose I could go out of my way and craft a boatload of stuff every day for no other reason than the daily, but with 75% of the zones being empty, I either have to get to Orr, Queensdale or PvP/WvW for the combo kills, and still then it’s a pain to do.

I’d rather they increase the laurel prizes than mess with the dailies.

New Dailies

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Thanks for adding more grind to a we dont make grindy games.
Well done well done.

And what happen to bringing people back to the events lol.
Are the devs even reading the forums/playing anymore or are they like Bioware on their personal servers now without DR?

New Dailies

Posted by: FlyingK.9720

FlyingK.9720

crap, already need months worth of dailies for the laurels to buy something. . . Would need to treat this game as a second job to take advantage of what they did there.

New Dailies

Posted by: Jareth.4813

Jareth.4813

Great.. because what I want to do at crafting level 400 is just craft 10 items for the sake of crafting 10 items.

Refining ore counts. Will take you literally 10 seconds at any level.

New Dailies

Posted by: Gandolfi.1507

Gandolfi.1507

I think the daily is supposed to change every day, so it will be worth seeing what kind of variety we get over then next week or so.

Also – I think the ‘4 out of 6’ functionality is supposed to be coming in Feb or March – and then we’ll start seeing daily achievements that take us to different zones etc…

Godrik Gandolfi – human warrior; Lucius Foestabber – charr reaper
The Path Least Travelled, Gunnar’s Hold

New Dailies

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

Created 10 copper ingots, done.
Now we just have to figure out the combo. Me and my friend are throwing down fields and shooting through it without getting any credit towards it at all.

New Dailies

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

You don’t need to be in a party, but still.

1) WHY IS IT NOT BRINGING US BACK TO OLD AREAS LIKE YOU SAID?

2) WHY ARE THEY HARDER TO COMPLETE NOW!

Another epic anet communications fail?

No… You’re just connecting dots that aren’t connected.

The Dailies change is suppose to give more freedom to what activities we participate it. According to staff posts, we’re suppose to be able to complete Dailies by choosing AMONG the new tasks; we don’t need to do all of them, more like a 4/6 ratio.

The “return to older areas” change was the “Dynamic Leveling” feature.

That made it so we can receive drops (or just gear, I’m generalizing) to scale of our level from any region, but with diminished degrees depending on how heavily you are down-scaled. That means we can effectively play in level20 areas, when we’re level80, and still expect to find decent drops.

This patch is completely moving forward in the direction ANet said it would.
It’s just not a super game-changer like your capitalizing implies you expected it to be.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

New Dailies

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Combo Killer is going to be slightly annoying, seems like it has to be a killing blow.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

New Dailies

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

They told us we’d be able to complete Dailies by doing only a few of them, not having to do all 5.

They lied, and you have to do all 5.

New Dailies

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Credit for the combos is NOT working right.

Myself (engineer) and staff elementalist in guild. We know how to lay down the combos and after 15 mins of killing we got ONE credit towards the daily.

WTF

New Dailies

Posted by: Kamidel.8065

Kamidel.8065

I am also unsure of exactly how to work this combo system if I don’t use the weapons that have a field or only have one such as a elementalist with a scepter/dagger.

New Dailies

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

Dailies now require being grouped and underwater combat and crafting!?

When Anet makes decisions they really need to ask for specific community feedback about what the community wants because I’m pretty sure no one wanted to make dailies more of a pain in the butt to do and cost more money to complete (porting to a town to craft and then back).

What we wanted was something like having to complete the old dailies but in specific areas of the game which were adjusted accordingly (ex if Orr was the chosen area then the daily kill variety requirement would be removed).

New Dailies

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

Now we just have to figure out the combo. Me and my friend are throwing down fields and shooting through it without getting any credit towards it at all.

I believe you need to use a move marked combo finisher, plus the field, and probably use the finisher to get the kill.

Got the daily already, quite easy with a random group where we were just doing an event, not even coordinating. Coordinating you can probably do it very very fast.

LOVE the new variety. It really reinvigorates things.

New Dailies

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Combo Killer is going to be slightly annoying, seems like it has to be a killing blow.

Well thats ridiculous.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

New Dailies

MokahTGS.7850

Hmmmm….I would think shooting through fire fields would work, but I’m thinking that all the “blast finisher” additions they made in the last patch are part of this.

New Dailies

Jareth.4813

They told us we’d be able to complete Dailies by doing only a few of them, not having to do all 5.

They didn’t lie. They said very clearly that the option to do 4 of 6 would come in a later patch, once they’ve nailed down the daily tasks to get us out into the world.

New Dailies

Posted by: kettering.6823

kettering.6823

I think another thing that bothers me is that you don’t get as much experience from doing dailies as you did with the old ones (at least I believe so, please correct me if I’m wrong.) I found dailies a pretty good way of getting experience on lower level characters, so this is a bit disappointing to me.

New Dailies

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

You don’t need to be in a party, but still.

1) WHY IS IT NOT BRINGING US BACK TO OLD AREAS LIKE YOU SAID?

2) WHY ARE THEY HARDER TO COMPLETE NOW!

Another epic anet communications fail?

The Dailies change is suppose to give more freedom to what activities we participate it. According to staff posts, we’re suppose to be able to complete Dailies by choosing AMONG the new tasks; we don’t need to do all of them, more like a 4/6 ratio.

You have to complete ALL of them….have you even logged in yet?

New Dailies

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

We’ll see tomorrow how the dailies change, however I personally am not pleased with the combo kill with an ally one. It likely isn’t that hard to do, but it forces me to find someone to help me complete the daily. Before today’s patch, dailies could be done solo or with a group – player’s preference. Now you have to find someone. I’m not complaining that finding someone is necessarily hard – but I am complaining that it forces a playstyle and takes away some of my freedom to play as I want to.

New Dailies

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

You cant solo dailies now either. You have to have combo kills, also have to have underwater kills and craft 10 items each day. Pretty lame changes

Combo kills or shared kills? I ask because most of my toons create their own combos with ease. Getting solo combo kills is a joke. And crafting 10 items a day for the achievement. How much simpler can it possibly get? I’ll be able to get that one squared away within 2 minutes of reaching a crafting station.

Too bad the monthlies don’t appear to have been touched though. No options like the dailies, so it’s almost guaranteed that everybody will find some sort of purgatory that they will have to endure. Hello PvP, my old nemesis. Here to break my balls again, huh? Thrilled.

New Dailies

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

once they’ve nailed down the daily tasks to get us out into the world.

I’m pretty sure that the old dailies already got us “out into the world” just as much as the new changes could be thought of as doing since they are essentially exactly the same thing except the new changes only make them more annoying and time consuming to do but don’t actually involve doing anything new other than crafting which actually gets us back into town and away from the world.

New Dailies

Posted by: TigerDragon.4037

TigerDragon.4037

Does the combo kill count if you use a combo to kill the no-health creatures? (rabbits, raccoons, etc)

If so, you could lay down your field an shoot through it to kill that rabbit for your combo. Might make this a bit faster.

Sinking ships in WvW on SBI with pride.
Plastered Tyrian Sea Devils [PTSD]
Agadar.4931: A bad mesmer still poops clones like no tomorrow.

New Dailies

Posted by: David.4821

David.4821

What the kitten? So now we can’t do dailies by ourselves and they made it 1000 times harder? Bring back the old kittening dailies and not this bullkitten piece of kittening kitten.

New Dailies

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Everything outside the combo killer one is fine.

But that combo killer…that’s rough.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

New Dailies

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

Getting combo sometimes and it feels all random. Shooting through field and it says combo and my character says combo too, but no credit. Then we can just kill things without seeing the combo, and get credit towards it. It is confusing.

New Dailies

Posted by: Palleon.1657

Palleon.1657

I hope this is not suddenly going to force us to group in order to complete dailies. One of the things my GF loves most at the moment in the game is being able to log on for an hour or so each night and complete her dailies quietly. Taking this away is going to alienate a lot of your playerbase. Maybe not the noisy minority on these forums, but the silent majority who like to casually log on and run about.

New Dailies

Posted by: Azrael.5134

Azrael.5134

I’ve loved the ideas and the game up till now. But the dailies in this patch is stupid. I don’t see how anyone enjoys doing those. I’ve tried the combo field thing over 200 times now. Its not working right.

New Dailies

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

It appears 3/4 of the dailies are fine.

This thread should just be focused on the functionality of the Combo Killer requirement.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

New Dailies

Posted by: Sidi.6970

Sidi.6970

Please, remove the combo killer, that stuff is just…. it does not even make sense. Why would you put something like this as a daily requirement? Its annoying, time wasting blob of utter and complete nonsense.

New Dailies

Posted by: aelfric.8536

aelfric.8536

Don’t see the problem. Lay down any field and a friend shoots through it. Done.

Sorry for not that good english. I’m swiss.

New Dailies

Jareth.4813

once they’ve nailed down the daily tasks to get us out into the world.

I’m pretty sure that the old dailies already got us “out into the world” just as much as the new changes could be thought of as doing since they are essentially exactly the same thing except the new changes only make them more annoying and time consuming to do but don’t actually involve doing anything new other than crafting which actually gets us back into town and away from the world.

To repeat. The daily tasks designed to get us out into the world (and not into the same farm areas each day) are not done yet. At that point we get the choice of 4 of 6.

That said, the crafting task takes just 10 seconds, simply refine some copper ore. It’s a level 1 recipe.

New Dailies

MokahTGS.7850

Don’t see the problem. Lay down any field and a friend shoots through it. Done.

I thought that as well, but this appears to not be working as intended.

New Dailies

Posted by: TigerDragon.4037

TigerDragon.4037

A thief with pistol off hand or a necromancer with trident underwater can confirm combos on no-health mobs. Necromancer trident 3 is a combo field and finisher (combos with itself). There are fish in the lake near Claypool in Queensdale that this should work on. Thief pistol 5 is a combo field and finisher as well. Same deal… use it on rabbits/raccoons/etc.

Sinking ships in WvW on SBI with pride.
Plastered Tyrian Sea Devils [PTSD]
Agadar.4931: A bad mesmer still poops clones like no tomorrow.

New Dailies

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

WOW that is LAME. I avoid crafting in this game like the plague (I have 4 toons are 3 of them are 0/0…) yet I still would always complete my daily.

Way to screw me over yet again A.Net…getting old…

New Dailies

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

from what I read here, what do these dailies have to do with making barren areas populated once again?

New Dailies

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

They didn’t lie. They said very clearly that the option to do 4 of 6 would come in a later patch, once they’ve nailed down the daily tasks to get us out into the world.

Why the HELL would they delay that until a later patch?