Guild Missions [merged]

Guild Missions [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Breytes.6901

Breytes.6901

I have no qualms whatsoever in grouping up with anyone to achieve a goal. I find it highly enjoyable to be off on my own doing something and see a group of folks taking on an event. I will rush over to help out and then tag along with them sometimes for hours as we just fight our way through an area.
What my concern with this content is currently is that they have stated that small guilds can do the missions if we can recruit others to help us out. I have done the raiding scene, I detest any content that I can start on my own or with my very small group of gaming friends that leads to needing 10 to 40 people to see complete. I do not want to have to go through the hassle and drama of coordinating a raid anymore, this is one reason I love GW 2 and the dragon events. I can be in a massive group of heroes that comes together on its own sees a goal accomplished and then we all move on to be heroic as we see fit.
The folks I game with are the core I have gamed with for years, we have stayed together over 5 different MMO’s have been part of massive guilds and small, currently the latter, we have never balked at expanding but since coming to GW2 and leaving the drama of larger guilds in the dust we have seen no need to expand especially with the way GW2 has been developed we have not needed to do so and that has made our game time so very stress free and enjoyable.
If this content is for guilds to have something to do as a community then I hope it is developed in a way to accommodate as large a variety of guild sizes as possible, if on the other hand this is geared more towards larger “raiding style” guilds to give those folks that have been craving that raid feeling then I ask that it be stated as such. I just do not want to sit and get all excited for content that I will be unable to see because my guild is too small. I, like many others eagerly wait to see what is next on the horizon with this game and the excellent team that creates it.
I feel it would be a kindness to know which way this is actively being developed. And I know they stated that small guilds can do the content but I ask you, What is the metric by which a guild is measured as small? You and I may think very differently on this and Anet may think even differently still. Ultimately it is Anet’s perspective on what size a guild is to be labeled small and I fear that my little 5 man guild is well below that title and therefore not on the flow chart of deliverables when the development decisions are being made.

Breytes Rondoure 80 Guardian of the Blood Legion

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

Just adding to say I am disappointed to see you have to have a rank 5 in art of war to start these. My husband and I have a guild on our own which has been fine as we do not mind unlocking things as we go and have unlocked everything we needed.. however, we have no rank 5 anything opened and art of war was never even started because we didn’t really need it as a guild of 2.

They really made it sound like these guild missions would be for guilds of all sizes and interests. Now it seems that if you were not a large guild into wvw heavily you are out of luck.

Very disappointing indeed.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I have no qualms whatsoever in grouping up with anyone to achieve a goal. I find it highly enjoyable to be off on my own doing something and see a group of folks taking on an event. I will rush over to help out and then tag along with them sometimes for hours as we just fight our way through an area.
What my concern with this content is currently is that they have stated that small guilds can do the missions if we can recruit others to help us out. I have done the raiding scene, I detest any content that I can start on my own or with my very small group of gaming friends that leads to needing 10 to 40 people to see complete. I do not want to have to go through the hassle and drama of coordinating a raid anymore, this is one reason I love GW 2 and the dragon events. I can be in a massive group of heroes that comes together on its own sees a goal accomplished and then we all move on to be heroic as we see fit.
The folks I game with are the core I have gamed with for years, we have stayed together over 5 different MMO’s have been part of massive guilds and small, currently the latter, we have never balked at expanding but since coming to GW2 and leaving the drama of larger guilds in the dust we have seen no need to expand especially with the way GW2 has been developed we have not needed to do so and that has made our game time so very stress free and enjoyable.
If this content is for guilds to have something to do as a community then I hope it is developed in a way to accommodate as large a variety of guild sizes as possible, if on the other hand this is geared more towards larger “raiding style” guilds to give those folks that have been craving that raid feeling then I ask that it be stated as such. I just do not want to sit and get all excited for content that I will be unable to see because my guild is too small. I, like many others eagerly wait to see what is next on the horizon with this game and the excellent team that creates it.
I feel it would be a kindness to know which way this is actively being developed. And I know they stated that small guilds can do the content but I ask you, What is the metric by which a guild is measured as small? You and I may think very differently on this and Anet may think even differently still. Ultimately it is Anet’s perspective on what size a guild is to be labeled small and I fear that my little 5 man guild is well below that title and therefore not on the flow chart of deliverables when the development decisions are being made.

Sorry but if your guild is 5 man, thats a group not a guild, there does have to be some restriction. we cant have every small guild dropping events endlessly.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I’m concerned that our guild has been hard gated out of building this new content ourselves. At our current rate of influence gain, without mass recruiting people which we will not do, we’re looking at 60+ days of influence gathering plus build time to get AoW to lv 5. Please reconsider introducing missions that smaller tier guilds can initiate, possibly starting around 1k influence to build. With that floor, even single person guilds can amass enough influence in a week or two of casual playing to at least initiate one mission.

Why dont you just buy influence with gold?

To some of us, 78g is quite a bit. Running dungeons and farming mats are both unfun, as well as TP flipping…as I said in the previous thread, if I wanted another job I’d get one, video games are supposed to be fun.

you said you would be locked out for 60+ days, even if some of your guild buys influence, that time will be cut way, way down. what does your guild have 10 members? can they each toss in a couple gold? if is that urgent and that much or a priority to you and your guild, you can make it happen.

5, among whom only I play for any significant amount of time each day.

Guild Missions [merged]

rizzo.1079

Sorry but if your guild is 5 man, thats a group not a guild, there does have to be some restriction. we cant have every small guild dropping events endlessly.

Oh I’m sorry, I thought our guild was a real guild since we have a bank and an emblem and everything. Thanks for clarifying that a real guild is made up of 5+x people!

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Anat.1765

Anat.1765

Art of War is WvW oriented. I thought the goal was to bring focus to PvE. Would it not make more sense to use something that was PvE oriented not WvW to be able to do these Guild Missions? This makes no sense what so ever.

WvW is a pve/pvp romp without much regard for balance, it’s not pvp. I can not beat other players and take a tower, I have to contend with npcs and objects.The pvp in the game is clearly walled off with a separate zone with separate gear, maps, ways to score points, and if I recall skill function at times.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

I’m concerned that our guild has been hard gated out of building this new content ourselves. At our current rate of influence gain, without mass recruiting people which we will not do, we’re looking at 60+ days of influence gathering plus build time to get AoW to lv 5. Please reconsider introducing missions that smaller tier guilds can initiate, possibly starting around 1k influence to build. With that floor, even single person guilds can amass enough influence in a week or two of casual playing to at least initiate one mission.

To some of us, 78g is quite a bit. Running dungeons and farming mats are both unfun, as well as TP flipping…as I said in the previous thread, if I wanted another job I’d get one, video games are supposed to be fun.

you said you would be locked out for 60+ days, even if some of your guild buys influence, that time will be cut way, way down. what does your guild have 10 members? can they each toss in a couple gold? if is that urgent and that much or a priority to you and your guild, you can make it happen.

oh, then with the very limited info we have been given about these event, it does appear you are out of luck. i dont belive these events will be geared to only 2 or 3 people at a time.

however, we know very little about these events right now

Guild Missions [merged]

Anat.1765

Oh I’m sorry, I thought our guild was a real guild since we have a bank and an emblem and everything. Thanks for clarifying that a real guild is made up of 5+x people!

Your absolutely a guild, but I think players want, and mmo’s have always provided, content that simply requires more than 5 people.

Guild Missions [merged]

rizzo.1079

oh, then with the very limited info we have been given about these event, it does appear you are out of luck. i dont belive these events will be geared to only 2 or 3 people at a time.

Exactly. I was hoping to be able to get everyone together for a few hours a couple weekends this month to try whichever events we could unlock, but obviously that’s out of the picture. I’m not asking to be able to do everything and get all the rewards, but to be completely unable to unlock a single mission with 5k+ influence is very disheartening.

Guild Missions [merged]

Mireles Lore.5942

Sorry if that offends you, but by that definition a guild can have 1 person and have all those things, Just saying we can have every party sized group dropping events all over the open world, there has to be some kind of restrictive variable or they would never end.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Kendra Nightwind.8734

Kendra Nightwind.8734

Why not?

I have never been in a guild larger than 10 people that was worth being in. Way too much drama. Any guild larger than (lets say) 15 people should be called a mob, not a guild.

Guild Missions [merged]

Mireles Lore.5942

Sorry if that offends you, but by that definition a guild can have 1 person and have all those things, Just saying we can have every party sized group dropping events all over the open world, there has to be some kind of restrictive variable or they would never end. not to mention you need the man power to satisfy guild specific requirements.

Guild Missions [merged]

Medazolam.3058

Exactly. I was hoping to be able to get everyone together for a few hours a couple weekends this month to try whichever events we could unlock, but obviously that’s out of the picture. I’m not asking to be able to do everything and get all the rewards, but to be completely unable to unlock a single mission with 5k+ influence is very disheartening.

ive got into finding all the dynamic events i might have missed in the world and doing those, this could be a fun activity for you and your guild to do that doesnt require influence or more numbers.

these events still have not lauched yet, we know next to nothing still, maybe there will be somethign for you, i hope there is!

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The thing is 5 ppl not going to make it to AoW level 5 to start with that why you can have more then one guild now if it was one guild only i understand your point of view but its not. As things stand ppl make there own solo guilds for the guild bank alone they have a bank emblem etc.. but its not a true guild its more of a trick of the system.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Guild Missions [merged]

rizzo.1079

Sorry if that offends you, but by that definition a guild can have 1 person and have all those things, Just saying we can have every party sized group dropping events all over the open world, there has to be some kind of restrictive variable or they would never end.

Right so a good plan would be to allow each guild to only drop the low level events once, and make them 1-5k influence somewhere, high enough so that a single person can’t make multiple guilds and pop the event every day but low enough so that guilds that don’t farm so much influence can at least start one or two. Locking content for smaller groups that don’t have fun grinding/farming all day is definitely the easiest solution to the issue but it’s also pretty much the wrong way to go if you want to stick with the all inclusive style a.net generally shoots for.

Guild Missions [merged]

Mireles Lore.5942

The thing is 5 ppl not going to make it to AoW level 5 to start with that why you can have more then one guild now if it was one guild only i understand your point of view but its not. As things stand ppl make there own solo guilds for the guild bank alone they have a bank emblem etc.. but its not a true guild its more of a trick of the system.

Its because 5 people wouldn’t have the man power to complete guild specific events when one can span over more than one zone. Your lack of man power is what is restrictive, its not suitable for the needs of the actual events… that why the req is high so ppl arn’t dropping multiple failed events

Guild Missions [merged]

Mireles Lore.5942

Its because 5 people wouldn’t have the man power to complete guild specific objectives in events when one can span over more than one zone. Your lack of man power is what is restrictive, its not suitable for the needs of the actual events… that why the req is high so ppl arn’t dropping multiple failed events

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Your absolutely a guild, but I think players want, and mmo’s have always provided, content that simply requires more than 5 people.

Gw2 is not the same as every other mmo, at least it wasn’t when it came out but more and more they are turning it in to the same old game that has been out for years.

My rl friends guild was excited for this there have only been 4 of us left playing for a while now. We are still able to do everything in game on our own but doing the same things day in and day out gets old ( especially with terrible rewards) so we thought we might finally have some reason to log back in but it really doesn’t look like it.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Crimsony.2514

Crimsony.2514

Going against the majority here, I for one have no problem whatsoever with requiring the expensive unlocks for guild missions (having just solod out a guild treasure trove for my secondary private guild ;D).

In fact I’m happy they’re adding more stuff to the guild unlock system, it felt kinda tiny.

Let’s say you have a guild of 5 people and 0 AoW unlocks today. Ignoring any influence gains from activities you need 73 gold to unlock all the tiers, or 14.6 gold per person. With somewhat active and willing players this is easily done in just a few weeks, if you farm together in a group it’d go even faster.

I realize this means you couldn’t launch guild missions right from the patch date, what with all the grinding and build times. But guild missions aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.

And I’m not just saying this because I don’t need to worry about it or it won’t effect me. I’m in a teeny tiny guild with 3 active players and a few more occasional players.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

Maybe by Guild Wars they mean getting guilds to fight over members?

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

Guild Missions [merged]

Mireles Lore.5942

I can see how its disappointing that new PvE content requires a WvW tree, I little more forewarning would of been appreciated although for a guild with suitable man power it is not a impossible task to have this done before the content comes out. This will take the better half of my guilds influence pool to speed up enough obtain before the update hits, yeah it sucks, but it also gives your guild a objective to rally behind, which has been lacking in this game.

I think people need to also understand that these events occur in the open world, can only be done one at a time in one area, and have specific objectives that can only be completed by guild members…

Sorry, but this means there has to be some kind of cut off to how small your guild can be before these are events unsuitable or unattainable for you because you simply do not have the man power to succeed at these events on behalf of all the other non-guild members participating in the open world. This is your motivation to get out and recruit instead of having closed communities. This is also motivation for people to break out of their shell and become more acquainted with other people in guilds in the game.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Zyrhan.3180

Zyrhan.3180

So, for some reason this mod-created feedback thread didn’t include some important context, so I’m responding to the dev quote from this thread:

“Each guild mission type becomes available through an upgrade that is researched in the guild tech tree. The first one is Guild Bounties, which does require Art of War level 5.”

This is ridiculous. My guild is lucky enough to have a lot of influence stockpiled, which is great, since we’re a small, active RP guild, and don’t accumulate influence all that quickly. But.

Why does the entry level mission require Art of War 5?
Why does this new PvE content require Art of War at all?

My guild has a number of people who would like to WvW, but don’t because culling is still awful to the point where the majority of us consider it an unplayable amount of not-fun. As such, we haven’t bothered buying up Art of War, which up until today was useless for anything beyond WvW. From the sound of it, a lot of guilds are in our situation.

So, ANet, not only did you not let us know that these missions would require this extremely niche, expensive unlock nearly a month ago when we first learned about it, you guys didn’t bother to mention it until the update was less than a week away; thereby ensuring that even a PvE-focused guild with thousands of influence or gold to spare wouldn’t even be able to buy their way up to Art of War 5 in time for launch (rank 5 alone takes 1 week, and the patch goes live in 5 days). Even then, you announced it through a random forum post. So the only people who can start doing PvE Bounties when it goes live are heavy WvW guilds, and “spend everything everywhere” megaguilds.

That… really does not make sense.

The implementation feels like another “here’s a cool thing… you can farm up to get some day!” bait-and-switch in your game that was supposed to be about optional, cosmetic grinds that don’t gate content, and the lack of clear communication has a lot to do with that. I don’t like the implementation, but if you would have at least been open and clear about it and your reasons for doing it back when you announced Guild Missions, then at least everyone could have been on the same page and smaller guilds could have spent the past month saving and preparing for this big new feature (and really, it’s the biggest new feature in the update, from the notes we’ve gotten), instead of having to go through another imbroglio where people scouring the forums and reddit have to play telephone and guessing games to figure out what the kitten is going on, and why the kitten you’re doing it.

Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.
Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

(edited by Zyrhan.3180)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

If Rank 5 Art of War is any indication of the requirements to activate some of these guild missions, it’s a possibility that many other events are placed deep into other trees. Meaning that you can attempt other missions while continuing to level up your current Art of War rank for bounties.

For smaller guilds, there’s the alternative of buying influence with gold. I have been in small guilds in which their members have pitched in amongst each other to help obtain high-value items like Legendary weapons, rare crafting materials, and Commander books— meaning that if members help each other and build the influence to activate the missions, then it’s isn’t that big of an issue.

On the other hand, the real issue is wondering how many guild missions can be active in a particular server at one time. This is where large guilds could potentially monopolize the creation of this content by activating all the missions they can in a short period of time.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

(edited by Ari Kagura.9182)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: xvoliose.6192

xvoliose.6192

Coming from a Guild leader that has all upgrades this still pisses me off.
How can anet have an interview 2 days ago and say this “bounty hunts, for example, is the really basic one, that’s the one that you can get right off the bat when [February’s] release first goes out.” and then say “Each guild mission type becomes available through an upgrade that is researched in the guild tech tree. The first one is Guild Bounties, which does require Art of War level 5.”
How can they say it will be the basic and that all guilds will have this right off the bat when clearly alot of guilds will be missing out because they do not have art of war at lvl 5. please arenanet show me your logic

Links for my quotes
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/will-guild-missions-need-a-levelled-guild/first#post1486566
http://dragonseason.com/Front/tabid/124/EntryId/210/Lunch-with-Colin-Johanson-Part-I.aspx

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

There seems to be a lot of QQ on guild size and ability to unlock/participate in this content. Anet has historically been good about telemetry – it should have been really easy for them to look up things like

- number of active guilds determined by average last logon per account (or other heuristic)
- % of (active) guilds with Art of War 5 unlocked
- average (active) guild size
- average influence gain per day of guilds

There has been pure speculation on “most people join a huge guild” versus “most people play in close knit small guild of friends” versus “people move frequently from abandoned guilds”. I hope that these numbers were looked into before making this decision – and they could further dispel some of the conversation here by sharing those numbers. They have shared other data like profession creation numbers and crafting disciplines adopted – I think this would be cool to see as well as back up their decision.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: pencapchew.5432

pencapchew.5432

I think guild alliances need to make a comeback in Gw2. That would solve some of the issues.
It would be tricky in a way I suppose. Allocating influence etc. But it would help if Guild A could kick off the mission and the other smaller guilds in the alliance could help out and get the same rewards.

Just a thought.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Sowin.5187

Sowin.5187

Let’s say you have a guild of 5 people and 0 AoW unlocks today. Ignoring any influence gains from activities you need 73 gold to unlock all the tiers, or 14.6 gold per person.

I don’t mean to single you out Crimsony, many have illustrated this point.

But, to be fair, why not charge every player in the game 14.6g to access the new content?

Why tax the small guilds?

“Help! I’m being repressed!” lol

Guild Missions [merged]

Anat.1765

Gw2 is not the same as every other mmo, at least it wasn’t when it came out but more and more they are turning it in to the same old game that has been out for years.

My rl friends guild was excited for this there have only been 4 of us left playing for a while now. We are still able to do everything in game on our own but doing the same things day in and day out gets old ( especially with terrible rewards) so we thought we might finally have some reason to log back in but it really doesn’t look like it.

It’s not like every other mmo, but it still follow the principles of the genre, that is large numbers of players completing objectives. A corvette is not like every other car, but has wheels and gets you place to place.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

Will small guilds even have a chance?

Guild Missions [merged]

Medazolam.3058

Let’s say you have a guild of 5 people and 0 AoW unlocks today. Ignoring any influence gains from activities you need 73 gold to unlock all the tiers, or 14.6 gold per person.

But, to be fair, why not charge every player in the game 14.6g to access the new content?

devil’s advocate here….

the price of keeping your guild small is that you earn influence slower, take longer to upgrade and now take longer to unlock guild mission. nothing new here.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

This is a serious question I have for these smaller guilds:

If you do not want to pay or play to earn the influence needed, what is stopping you from cooperating with larger guilds doing the content?

From the look of the content, people in the open world can also participate for a reward, though people in the guild starting the mission will earn guild specific rewards.

What is stopping people from making a friend in a larger guild so that they can ask when the missions are starting?

Or from asking in LA or map chat where the missions are starting?

Or from simply looking at the map (if I am understanding functionality) and letting your small guild know when an event is up?

You’d get the experience and a reward, just not the Guild Merits, is that correct?

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: White Wolf.3291

White Wolf.3291

All players here complaining about the influence you pay to do an guild mission (open world event as arena net already said) just try to explain me 1 thing: If they would make it easy from every guild to create a guild mission, how on earth will be available space in tyria to all this events since they are on open world? I’m sure they will be a lot of guild missions events that will be created. You can all participate on them and you can all win their rewards.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

If you do not want to pay or play to earn the influence needed, what is stopping you from cooperating with larger guilds doing the content?

From the look of the content, people in the open world can also participate for a reward, though people in the guild starting the mission will earn guild specific rewards.

What is stopping people from making a friend in a larger guild so that they can ask when the missions are starting?

Or from simply looking at the map (if I am understanding functionality) and letting your small guild know when an event is up?

You’d get the experience and a reward, just not the Guild Merits, is that correct?

Because we want to earn Guild Merits too… and we want to experience the content as a guild, not as a spectator…

What would stop a large guild from activating an event that a smaller non-mega guild could afford?

Guild Missions [merged]

Mireles Lore.5942

The personal rewards difference from guild and non-guild members hasn’t exactly been clarified.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

That’s pretty much how it works. It’s been documented already anyone can join in on a guild mission. The only thing a small guild is actually missing out on is the ability to start some of the events. They can still join the events in the open world that another guild started, and get rewarded.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

Guild Missions [merged]

bluewanders.5297

All players here complaining about the influence you pay to do an guild mission (open world event as arena net already said) just try to explain me 1 thing: If they would make it easy from every guild to create a guild mission, how on earth will be available space in tyria to all this events since they are on open world? I’m sure they will be a lot of guild missions events that will be created. You can all participate on them and you can all win their rewards.

No… we can’t… only the guild starting the event earns the Guild Merits for the unique rewards… im sure all the spectators in the event get the same kittenty rewards that you get everywhere else in the game.

“Hey everybody Megaguild Incorporated is starting an event… come get your porous bones and help us earn our new Legendary Animated Guild Emblems of Awesomeness!!”

And as far as concurrent events… that can easily be solved by having many different missions in many places… and placing restrictions on how often those events can be activated even if they have already been researched. Problem solved.

Guild Missions [merged]

White Wolf.3291

Because we want to earn Guild Merits too… and we want to experience the content as a guild, not as a spectator…

What would stop a large guild from activating an event that a smaller non-mega guild could afford?

For you to win guild merits, you need to complete the mission, if you don’t have enough people to complete the mission how can you win guild merits? There are people here complaining that they have 2 players in a guild and they want to create guild missions, seriously wth..

Guild Missions [merged]

White Wolf.3291

No… we can’t… only the guild starting the event earns the Guild Merits for the unique rewards… im sure all the spectators in the event get the same kittenty rewards that you get everywhere else in the game.

“Hey everybody Megaguild Incorporated is starting an event… come get your porous bones and help us earn our new Legendary Animated Guild Emblems of Awesomeness!!”

And as far as concurrent events… that can easily be solved by having many different missions in many places… and placing restrictions on how often those events can be activated even if they have already been researched. Problem solved.

As far i’m concerned from reading what colin said in dragonseason the rewards that the guild members won are to created other type of missions.

If you are putting restrictions, people will complain that their guild tried every day to create a guild mission but they couldn’t because a lot of them were created.

(edited by White Wolf.3291)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Crimsony.2514

Crimsony.2514

You have a fair point.

It’s true that big guilds have a big advantage here I won’t deny that. And I certainly can understand why lots of smaller guilds would want easier unlocks here.

After thinking about that I do think having some easier to unlock missions would be good, and that “elite” missions that require completing a bunch of others first (but that aren’t expensive) would be even better.

I do really think there’s a place for expensive guild missions though.

Personally I just like having goals to work towards as long as they’re not unattainable.

One thing GW2 lacks so far is much progression beyond getting to level 80 / high level gear. GW1 had a huge questing system, and thousands of skill unlocks, and these gave the game depth. I’d like to see more depth, more things to work towards, in GW2.

Guild Missions [merged]

bluewanders.5297

As far i’m concerned from reading what colin said in dragonseason the rewards that the guild members won are to created other type of missions.

Well then as you are displaying in this thread, you don’t read so good. The new type of missions are unlocked using influence… clearly readable in the dragonseason interview you mentioned.

And in other tidbits that have been thrown out among other threads and 3rd party sources… the new guild rewards aren’t just more content… they are things such as (specifically mentioned somewhere else) gold find bonus or waypoint cost reductions.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Sowin.5187

Sowin.5187

For you to win guild merits, you need to complete the mission, if you don’t have enough people to complete the mission how can you win guild merits? There are people here complaining that they have 2 players in a guild and they want to create guild missions, seriously wth..

Well, Leah did say “But what if my guild is super small?” you may say? Not to worry—

I know some say size isn’t everything but when something is super small, my mental image is of something, well, super small.

It is subjective to be sure.

Guild Missions [merged]

bluewanders.5297

You have a fair point.

It’s true that big guilds have a big advantage here I won’t deny that. And I certainly can understand why lots of smaller guilds would want easier unlocks here.

After thinking about that I do think having some easier to unlock missions would be good, and that “elite” missions that require completing a bunch of others first (but that aren’t expensive) would be even better.

I do really think there’s a place for expensive guild missions though.

Personally I just like having goals to work towards as long as they’re not unattainable.

One thing GW2 lacks so far is much progression beyond getting to level 80 / high level gear. GW1 had a huge questing system, and thousands of skill unlocks, and these gave the game depth. I’d like to see more depth, more things to work towards, in GW2.

I definitely think there is a place for elite content, expensive content, and massive party content in this game.

I also think that the first ever guild missions released should be accessible for smaller guilds too (mine has around 20 active members which means 5-10 on at peak times) so that they don’t hemorrhage their membership to mega guilds due to an inability to join in on the fun from the get go or fairly soon after. 2 weeks is like 2 years to impatient instant gratification types that play video games… and that’s after having to grind and pay a very high tax in gold that they wouldn’t have to invest by simply joining a mega guild.

Guild Missions [merged]

White Wolf.3291

Well then as you are displaying in this thread, you don’t read so good. The new type of missions are unlocked using influence… clearly readable in the dragonseason interview you mentioned.

And in other tidbits that have been thrown out among other threads and 3rd party sources… the new guild rewards aren’t just more content… they are things such as (specifically mentioned somewhere else) gold find bonus or waypoint cost reductions.

First of all I didn’t said you didnt need influence points to unlock the new missions, I said the guild merits were only to unlock other tier for guild missions (guild upgrades) , sorry it wasn’t colin that said that was Leah Rivera: "These Merits display your accomplishments in the guild panel and can be used to unlock new guild upgrades. "

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/leah-rivera-on-new-guild-missions/

Guild Missions [merged]

bluewanders.5297

Well, Leah did say “But what if my guild is super small?” you may say? Not to worry—

I know some say size isn’t everything but when something is super small, my mental image is of something, well, super small.

Once again… so that everyone is on the same page. ONLY members of the guild that researched the event and activated it get the new guild rewards. Everyone else is just a spectator that will get the same sorts of rewards they get from doing normal DE’s (in other words: some experience, a little karma, maybe a silver or two, and some crap loot.)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Sleepcoma.9487

Sleepcoma.9487

As the admin of a guild that is rebuilding upgrades after a server switch, this rustles my jimmies. I’d like to be able to earn influence by doing guild missions. It saddens me, because people interested in doing guild missions and earning Guild Merits are now encouraged to join the larger guilds with full upgrades built. What bugs me is that I have those upgrades, they are just on our former server. I’m in quite a pickle now, I guess it’s time to convert gold to influence…yay.

Way to suck the joy right out of a good idea. I’m not going to tell all my member that we’re going to plan a guild mission event night and it will consist of us roaming around looking for OTHER guild’s missions to complete. That’s ridiculous.

Guild Missions [merged]

bluewanders.5297

First of all I didn’t said you didnt need influence points to unlock the new missions, I said the guild merits were only to unlock other tier for guild missions (guild upgrades) , sorry it wasn’t colin that said that was Leah Rivera: "These Merits display your accomplishments in the guild panel and can be used to unlock new guild upgrades. "

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/leah-rivera-on-new-guild-missions/

Awesome…. you are getting there. Now read the second paragraph in my reply… here I will make it easy for you by copy/pasting it again.

“And in other tidbits that have been thrown out among other threads and 3rd party sources… the new guild rewards aren’t just more content… they are things such as (specifically mentioned somewhere else) gold find bonus or waypoint cost reductions.”

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: velestra.9415

velestra.9415

small guild here 10 men we never bothered upgrading art of war 5 got 2 other tier5 thou

really dont see the point adding mission based on this tier which are pve

elite content? hope ur kidding

huge zerg guilds already got advantage when it comes to influence and thats ok

but please dont talk about skill or elite since theres none involved when u got 500 people doing any events and spamming influence

so really hope this is just an missunderstanding, else this yet another major fail and hope this doesnt add any significiant buffs for the big “skilled” 500 men guilds

Guild Missions [merged]

Mireles Lore.5942

I think whats happening here is adequate size guilds are getting a great means to recruit, while small guilds are getting a swift kick in the balls. This upsets people, but at the same time we cant have single digit member guilds be dropping their own events everywhere…. One, there is not enough room in the open world… Two, you don’t have the man power to succeed in your guild specific objectives on the behalf of participating non-guild members.

Guild Missions [merged]

White Wolf.3291

Large guild – it will be more than 400 members
Medium guild – more or less 200 members
small guild – less than 50 members
super small guild – more or less than 15 members

That’s what i think.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

I love the people who say “Just join a bigger guild too.” I think the point that some people are missing is the fact that we have such a thing as guild pride. I have been in a smaller guild from day 1. My guild earns a good deal of influence but I can tell you one thing that was not invested in was Art of War. We chose to skip that useless tree in favor of using things that matter like the MF buffs and others. I think it’s insane to throw the first mission in that tree, and so high up as well. There needs to be a lower entrance barrier for smaller guilds.

In case you guys were wondering my guild has around 25 players, with 3-10 who will be active at any given moment. We choose this lifestyle because big guilds are too restrictive. You can not have a voice in a large guild. You can not know everyone in one. Most of the time, the only people that are heard are the loudest and I know there are a lot of people in GW2 who don’t like that.

All I ask of this update is to give us smaller guilds a chance. You said this would be a great way for guilds to build a name on the server and that’s what I want to do. Nothing beats seeing your name at the beginning of a tourney or seeing your emblem on a freshly taken WvW camp. Don’t deprive others the chance to have that and feel pride in their guild.