October 15th balance/skills updates preview.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I want to emphasize what others have said about a few ele’s skills.

Ride the Lightning

This skill currently feels like a monster contrained by iron bars. I think players feel that constraint in the skin. The conditional cooldown is clunky, and if it was meant to be used offensively more so than defensively, it is doing the opposite. For all intents and purposes, RTL is now a 40s escape skill. Players don’t want to use it offensively, because it checks if the skill successfully hits or not. Any block, miss or evade will put it at 40s cooldown. This should definitely be fixed, but I would probably go further, and also suggest a 15/ 30s cooldown. Why? From a d/d’s point of view, 15s was perfect for a leap skill. Anet could also consider a 900 range RTL with a global 20s cooldown. It’ll be easier to counter when fighting professions with 900-1200 ranged skills.

Also, please, and this is really important, but never – ever, have this skill auto-target, even when the option is ON. I like using auto-targetting, but this pretty much comes at the cost of almost never being able to use RTL as an escape skill. As it is, that option nerfs this skill.

Lava Font

Needs the Geyser treatment. This skill depends on Blasting Staff to be useful.

That being said, I love the 1s delay in damage, and I think all combo fields should be like that.

Auto-Attacks

Improving ele’s auto-attacks across the board would fix several issues with this profession, like the high skill floor (new players would have an easier time learning this profession), the lack of sustain damage, and more importantly, it would give players the option to hold within their attunements a little bit longer, toning down the over-reliance on arcana’s 60% attunement recharge rate. All should be on the level of Lightning Whip.

Here’s how I would buff them:
Dragon’s Claw: Hard to say, it’s a worse version of LW. Maybe should deal more damage than LW if the target gets hit by the 3 fire beams.
Vapor Blade: Fix the obstructing terrain bug, increase vulnerability to 8s-12s, and have it add 2 stacks. This would make it an interesting set-up skill. The duration needs to last long enough, so that an elementalist has enough time to switch to other attunements and make their rotations with the full benefit from vulnerability. Because doing so already comes at the cost of many precious seconds, I also recomment 2 stacks per hit. Or maybe just a faster animation.
Impale: First, this skill should have 600 range. It just feels more natural this way. Second, bleeding should be buffed somehow, maybe to 12s, so that condi-eles can maintain bleeding a bit easier.
Flame Strike: Slightly lower casting time. I believe there’s a bug with the casting bar, which fills faster than the actual duration. I’ve self-interrupted this skill so many times due to this. Also, more direct damage, because that’s what scepter needs.
Ice Shards: This skills wants to be the “Lightning Whip” of this weapon. Considering that arc lightning is great to proc critical effects, and the other two auto-attacks revolved around conditions, all this skill needs is a plain damage buff. It should literally deal as much damage as LW. Yes, yes, it is ranged, but it’s also single-target.
Stone Shards: Bleeding 6s->8s. This skill is slow, but that’s a fine drawback. perhaps a bit more direct damage as well, but I think it’s bleeding that should get buffed.
Fireball: I think this skill is almost fine, considering its 1200 ranged and aoe. But I would make a slight change: slightly bigger radius, doesn’t needs to be much. Fire attunement is the aoe attunement, right? Increase the radius, and make air the specialized single-target attunement.
Chain Lightning/ Lightning Surge: I’m going with a few posters here. Make the number #2 skill the staff’s auto-attack, remove its cooldown, and make it single-target. A hard-hitting auto-attack that can blind is pretty cool, and I think the casting time makes it balanced. Put a cooldown on chain lightning, and strengthen it with some vulnerability, faster animation or higher damage. Alternatively, make the first hit from CL hit twice as hard, the two following beams deal only half the damage. Both of those skills are currently a bit underwhelming, and they are the perfect opportunity to add to staff some extra single-target power.
Water Blast: Even though it is to get buffed, it was still one of the worst auto-attacks in a profession with weak auto-attacks. As posters have been saying here, please, add a reliable radius width. 180+ IMO.
Stoning: The weakness is cool, but slightly more damage please. Doesn’t needs to be much, but staff needs a bit more sustain across all non-fire skills, eruption is tricky, and other skills barely deal damage. Shockwave could get 3 stacks of bleeding too, though.

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

Thank you Mr Sharp
It is great that u guys give us this before the patch end we all talk about it for the good of the game …..now give me my AXE back will ya..
Seriously.. Warrior AXE need some love
AXE skills lack pretty match everything…no condi, no CC, no support, Nerf damage, no leap ,no boons end eviscerate misses all the time
I love playing axe but atm is just worthless so file i,m forced to play other builds
I hope u guys take good look at axe skills end come up with some compromise end make them worth playing again.
Thank you very match !

Oh btw…i,m withing for the day Warrior get LAND SPEAR

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Posting 6:

Lotus Poison + Sundering Strikes = merge both into Lotus Poison
Weakness on Poison and a 40% chance to apply all 10 seconds vulnerability on criticals, maybe increase the chance from 40 to 50%

New VI Trait : Ruler of Shadows
Increases the shadow stepping mode duration by 1 second, if your health is below 50%

Opportunist: Adds the effect of stripping boons when you hit critical

First Strikes 10% more damage if the initiative is over 4 and adds a boon remove effect, if you hit an enemy first (remove happens first, before the damage is calculated)

Practiced Tolerance Increased from 5% to 10%, Adds also 10% of Power to Toughness.

Combo Critical Chance + Executioner = Executioner
Increase % from 5 to 10% for dual wield skills.

New IX Trait: Stolen Blessings
Steals boons from foes, if you steal from them and gives you the boons and heals you when you steal a boon.

Ankle Shots renamed to "Cold Feet* reduce cripple chance from 60 to 40% and and change the effect to chill for 1 second when you hit critical.

*Meld with Shadows: *should reduce Shadow Refuge/Sphere recharge time by 20% also

Cloaked in Shadows + Infusion of Shadow = merged under Cloaked in Shadows

*New V trait: Shadow Clones
If you get hit by attacks that deal with 1 hit more than 10% of your maximum health, you’ll create a Shadow Clone of your self that will aid in battle for 20 seconds. (up to maximum 3) They are weaker than the original and have lesser health, but they shoud provide a nice distraction and increase in temporal dps…. (internal cooldown of 5 seconds) Shadow Clones look clearly different than normal players, similar like phantasms, but just a dark bluish/black like transparance instead of that pink from phantasms and theirmake a dark smoke trail when they move that blinds if you cross those trails as foe.

Hidden Thief gets moved from Master to Adept and the new Cloaked in Shadows gets moved to Master.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Class balance:
Overall we’re looking to provide more builds for all classes, across all game types (PvE, PvP and WvW). We’re also looking to improve support potential for many classes. A lot of players have asked for this style of play to be stronger, so we’re looking to make it a more viable option.

These are some HIGH LEVEL previews, and you’ll still see number tweaks, trait fixes, and bug fixes for each class in the actual release notes, but we wanted you guys to have some transparency into the release:

Ranger
Sick ‘Em will now apply ‘Revealed” to enemies they target. We want to introduce some counter play to Stealth (players have asked for that for a while), so we thought a pet “catching your scent” might be a cool way to insinuate some anti-stealth into the game.

To help Rangers support allies, we increased the ability ranger pets have to support allies. For instance, the Bear condition removal isn’t strong enough, so we’ll be improving that. Moas and Fern Hound will also be improved.

There will also be # changes to some of the Ranger weapons.

Thief
Venomous Aura was very difficult to use, as the radius was fairly tight. We’ve now increased that radius a bit, so that it’s easier to share venoms with allies without huddling closely together.

We’re also looking at shaving the efficiency of Flanking Strike slightly, so that it now only removes 1 boon instead of 2.

Also, pistol main hand may see one of its skills reworked to better support allies. We have multiple prototypes that we’re trying out, so we’ll have to see which we settle on by the next release.

On Ranger stuff…AWESOME, Ranger has needed some adjustments for a while both to pets and weapons, so THANKS!

Thief…I understand your notes were a high-level preview, so please regard this as a pre-emptive comment made without full 100% detail.

Removing a boon strip from Flanking Strike is not ‘shaving efficiency’, it will further degrade an already degraded skill function.

Currently the AI Enemies in PvE still track right with you when using Flanking Strike, so the evade mechanic is useless as it does not allow you to avoid being hit by said enemy. This also eliminates the benefits of the many “flanking” and “beside or behind” bonuses the Thief can Trait into for damage boosts.

If you’re going to remove one of the boon removals of Flanking Strike, then the target tracking in PvE needs to be addressed to actually allow Flanking Strike to function as an evade.

I won’t complain about losing 1 boon-strip, if you actually make the skill function as an evade. If the evade is not fixed, then you are actually punishing those of us who use Flanking Strike.

Thanks for asking for this feedback.

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

The idea you have going with changing runes and removing some more of the RNG is a good idea. The last few rune sets that have been designed where pretty good and different.

That is how the runes really should be that the 6 piece bonus is really good that you are Torn if you should take the rune or not. Not just perplexity which is controversial but it’s 4 piece bonus is good.

When a Rune get fixed if it has a bug etc can it please be put in the patch notes.

Rune of Strength
Rune of Strength
Rune of Strength

Please fix! Please! Would be one of the best DPS runes in the game if the 6 piece bonus actually worked!

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Can mesmers Veil skill apply revealed to enemy crossing it as well?

Orpheal.8263

Posting 7:

Power Shots Increased from 5% to 10%
Adds to Trick Shot/ Storm Shot also the ability to remove conditions from nearby allies and apply these to the targeted enemies.

Venomous Aura Moved to Master and Leeching Venoms becomes Grand master
Increases the strenth of Leeching Venoms by letting it slightly scale more with power and remove the once per strike restriction and change it to an internal cool down time.

Expedious Dodger + Feline Grace under Feline Grace

New fix Adept Trait: Vital Agility
Heals the thief a bit now, when they dodge if their health is below 75%.
Increases Vitality by 1 per Level

Pain Response: Decrease cooldown from 30 to 20 seconds

Fleet on Foot Add also Chill to this and decrease the cooldown to 5 seconds

Power of Inertia + Vigorous Recovery = merge to “Powerful Recovery”
Effect: adds vigor and might when you use a heal skill. Increases Healing Power by 2 per Level

New II Trait: Acrobatic Dodges
Changes Dodge Rolls into Dodge Jumps (like pressing V and Tab together) by just pressing V only. Adds to the dodge animation 1 second that lets you evade attacks and lets you gain iniative when you dodge attacks by pressing V Backwards dodging results with this trait into a Backwards Salto animation

Assassins Reward + Fleet Shadow = merge under new name Shadow Initiator
Effect: move 50% faster when in stealth and gain heals based on your initiative that has been used by your attacks. An initiative attack that sets you into stealth, will have a boost in health healing, like cloak and dagger.

New VI trait: Stolen Power
Effect: Attacks drain from a Necromancer more Life Force, than normal and you will leech health from them through the death shroud. Killing undead minions/clones will give you regeneration, fury and retaliation. when you use this trait. (cooldown of 30 seconds for the boons, duration 10 seconds)

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

Further down the Road

• We’re also looking to make conditions scale better in PvE/WvW leveling so that they’re more viable at different junctures in the level scale.

Condition Stack Problem Solution Verified!

…or at lest I hope so…

Here is what I thing is the best way to do it!

…and don’t be toxic!

Orpheal.8263

Posting 8 (Last one)

Preparedness: Move it to Adept

Lead Attacks Move it to Master

Add the effect of Kleptomanic to Thrill of the Crime

New fix Grandmaster Trait: Thrill of Crime

New V Trait: Charlatan’s Tricks
Using a Trick Skill will instantly recharge a Deception Skill and put you for some seconds into Shadow Stepping Mode (cooldown 60 seconds)

Ricochet: Add to this also Daggers (Dancing Daggers) and Arrows (Trick Shot)

Long Reach gets removed tdue to the suggested changes to the stealing mechanic.

New VI Trait: Explosive Miracles
Splitter Bombs will give at their exploding locations to nearby allies randomous boons and cure conditions like blindness, weakness and fear.

Sleight of Hand
Effect changed to remove the obsolete recharge time reducement, adds instead the effect of giving 1 second protection, when you steal.

Instinctual Response reduce the internal cooldown from 60 to 30 seconds.
——

Thats all.

Closure:

I’m surely not suggesting to do all of those changes I suggested here over the past 8 postings, pick just out what you like or inspires you Anet and change on my suggestions what you think must get changed, but all of these listed up things about the Thiefs are things, where I absolutely feel, that they could be improved, because the thief has so much unused potential, especialyl once you improve as i suggest the whole game mechanics around stealing and venoms as also redesigning the shadowe step mechanic away from a warp move to a movement skill that lets you actively avoid damage for short time, because then would have thiefs a little good working alternative over permanently having to use stealth to survive. and the whole class design aroudn the thief would give us the impression of a much faster moving thief, one that moves so fast, that we can see only his shadows for a short moment…
A warp animation is just cheap and boring.

Please take your time and think about these suggestions and take into consideration to make some bigger required changes to the complete thief gameplay to make this class soo much more fun to play.
Especially when being in a group, because with my changes would have the thief so much more group support like for example with shortbows, when Trick Shot could remove boons/cure conditions of nearby allies or if splitter bomb could cure specific conditions of nearby allies.

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Ride the Lightning

This skill currently feels like a monster contrained by iron bars. I think players feel that constraint in the skin. The conditional cooldown is clunky, and if it was meant to be used offensively more so than defensively, it is doing the opposite. For all intents and purposes, RTL is now a 40s escape skill. Players don’t want to use it offensively, because it checks if the skill successfully hits or not. Any block, miss or evade will put it at 40s cooldown. This should definitely be fixed, but I would probably go further, and also suggest a 15/ 30s cooldown. Why? From a d/d’s point of view, 15s was perfect for a leap skill. Anet could also consider a 900 range RTL with a global 20s cooldown. It’ll be easier to counter when fighting professions with 900-1200 ranged skills.

Also, please, and this is really important, but never – ever, have this skill auto-target, even when the option is ON. I like using auto-targetting, but this pretty much comes at the cost of almost never being able to use RTL as an escape skill. As it is, that option nerfs this skill.

Lava Font

That being said, I love the 1s delay in damage, and I think all combo fields should be like that.

Auto-Attacks

Improving ele’s auto-attacks across the board would fix several issues with this profession, like the high skill floor (new players would have an easier time learning this profession), the lack of sustain damage, and more importantly, it would give players the option to hold within their attunements a little bit longer, toning down the over-reliance on arcana’s 60% attunement recharge rate. All should be on the level of Lightning Whip.

Dragon’s Claw: Hard to say, it’s a worse version of LW. Maybe should deal more damage than LW if the target gets hit by the 3 fire beams.
Vapor Blade: Fix the obstructing terrain bug, increase vulnerability to 8s-12s, and have it add 2 stacks. This would make it an interesting set-up skill. The duration needs to last long enough, so that an elementalist has enough time to switch to other attunements and make their rotations with the full benefit from vulnerability. Because doing so already comes at the cost of many precious seconds, I also recomment 2 stacks per hit. Or maybe just a faster animation.
Impale: First, this skill should have 600 range. It just feels more natural this way. Second, bleeding should be buffed somehow, maybe to 12s, so that condi-eles can maintain bleeding a bit easier.
Flame Strike: Slightly lower casting time. I believe there’s a bug with the casting bar, which fills faster than the actual duration. I’ve self-interrupted this skill so many times due to this. Also, more direct damage, because that’s what scepter needs.
Ice Shards: This skills wants to be the “Lightning Whip” of this weapon. Considering that arc lightning is great to proc critical effects, and the other two auto-attacks revolved around conditions, all this skill needs is a plain damage buff. It should literally deal as much damage as LW. Yes, yes, it is ranged, but it’s also single-target.
Stone Shards: Bleeding 6s->8s. This skill is slow, but that’s a fine drawback. perhaps a bit more direct damage as well, but I think it’s bleeding that should get buffed.
Fireball: I think this skill is almost fine, considering its 1200 ranged and aoe. But I would make a slight change: slightly bigger radius, doesn’t needs to be much. Fire attunement is the aoe attunement, right? Increase the radius, and make air the specialized single-target attunement.
Chain Lightning/ Lightning Surge: I’m going with a few posters here. Make the number #2 skill the staff’s auto-attack, remove its cooldown, and make it single-target. A hard-hitting auto-attack that can blind is pretty cool, and I think the casting time makes it balanced. Put a cooldown on chain lightning, and strengthen it with some vulnerability, faster animation or higher damage. Alternatively, make the first hit from CL hit twice as hard, the two following beams deal only half the damage. Both of those skills are currently a bit underwhelming, and they are the perfect opportunity to add to staff some extra single-target power.
Water Blast: Even though it is to get buffed, it was still one of the worst auto-attacks in a profession with weak auto-attacks. As posters have been saying here, please, add a reliable radius width. 180+ IMO.
Stoning: The weakness is cool, but slightly more damage please. Doesn’t needs to be much, but staff needs a bit more sustain across all non-fire skills, eruption is tricky, and other skills barely deal damage. Shockwave could get 3 stacks of bleeding too, though.

+1

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

You see what I mean though, some thieves are QQing, even though only ONE class is getting the counter.

“Everything needs atleast one counter” – Charak

Does any other class mechanic have a counter that outright disables the mechanic like Revealed does to Stealth, and the opponent controls whether/when to activate it?

Right. I didn’t think so.

Yes, Rangers…When you flat out kill their Pet.

But to answer your question, stealth is not your mechanic..When will you Thieves realize this.

Steal is….Stealth is just something you have similar to Rangers with Evade to avoid damage.

It is not an actual Mechanic you have though.

You are correct in that stealth is not a mechanic exclusive to thieves, 4 of the 8 classes have stealth access. However stealth attacks ARE a mechanic exclusive to thieves, and are completely disabled by an enemy controlled on demand revealed. No other class can have their exclusive abilities disabled like this.

Other then the Ranger, who can have his F2 Abilities completely disabled by the killing of his pet.

And for the guy who said damage is not a counter, It most certainly is a counter. Where you get the idea that killing a pet classes Pet isn’t a counter to them because its damage is completely mind boggling. In no MMO game is this not the counter to a Pet Class.

How did you stop a Bone dancer in DAOC? You killed his Pet

How did you Stop a hunter in WoW, You Kill his pet.

How did you stop a Necromancer in Rift, you killed his pet.

Killing the pet is the counter, In Guild Wars 2, This not only removes a large portion of the Rangers Damage, It removes passives like Empathetic Bond and Natural Healing if they spec for them. This is no different from a Thief being Revealed. Just because they’re adding an actual counter to Stealth in the game doesn’t mean you’re some how persecuted.

So attacking a rangers pet (that can be made invulnerable by the ranger) is the counter to rangers pet mechanics, but damaging and killing a thief in stealth is not a counter? It goes both ways, if damage is enough of a counter against rangers/pets, its enough of a counter against stealth.

Allow me to explain a similar annoyance and you’ll know how it works…imagine fighting an invisible boss in a dungeon. You can’t target him, so you don’t know where he is, he comes out of stealth for less than 4 seconds often, but then will stealth for long periods of time before attacking you, so you don’t know where it is, how to counter it, etc. Would you consider this unfair or fun?

If you answered no, well guess what, that’s how most classes feel playing against permastealth thieves. Face it, stealth needs a counter to avoid this annoyance. Personally I’d prefer for them to buff the defensive capabilities of the thief (higher toughness, HP, etc) while simultaneously nerfing access to stealth.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

Can mesmers Veil skill apply revealed to enemy crossing it as well?

Sure, when thief smoke fields banish clones/phantasms and prevent the mesmer from creating more for the duration

Posted by: Felices Bladewing.3914

Felices Bladewing.3914

would be nice if “steal” from the Thief gets a rework. i mean this is almost useless but the shadowstep the abillity on top is too random and mostly worse than autoattacks , i think that would be a nice way to make the thief more attractive.

Also the ability “shadowstep” could teleport you behind a target if you got a target also getting you in stealth for just a second just to ensure you are able to use your stealthattack, this way it might be possible to use this under warter also.

Thief (80)
Elona’s Reach

(edited by Felices Bladewing.3914)

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Since this thread is apparently being read by the devs, I just wanted to let you guys know that finally adding a direct counter for stealth is an amazing idea that I’ve been waiting on for a very long time now. I absolutely hate the way stealth functions in this game. I’d be more than content if one day it were phased out altogether. But for now, I hope it’s the first of a number of ways to deal with that silliness by forcing reveal. The anti-stealth traps in WvW only go so far.

Posted by: Avatara.1042

30 points in Arcana.
30 points in Arcana.
30 points in Arcana.
30 points in Arcana.
30 points in Arcana.
30 points in Arcana.
30 points in Arcana.

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

As a Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist, Mesmer and Ranger player, I feel that some of these changes are pretty decent, especially the change to Warrior and Necromancer. I am very glad that no more emphasis on buffs are being directed to Necromancer in terms of condi and instead is working towards the sustain side that players were looking for. That said, there are a few things I worry about being a player who enjoys playing all of these in both sPvP and WvW. (excluding mesmer which i mostly just play in PvE so I can’t say much abou the class honestly)

Ranger
In terms of overall play and execution, ranger is both easy and devastatingly hard to compete in areas. Some weaponry on them offer almost a super easy way to just go about playing the game, giving you a decent way of feeling like you can damage. (shortbow) However, this is only a ‘decent way’, as compared to Necromancer, Ele and Warrior, sustain on ranger is actually pretty hard to keep while also giving a reasonable amount of damage.. Troll Unguent helps keeping you up for a bit due to its high amount of healing, but many rangers are forced to build alot tankier than some of the other classes in WvW.

In the case of skills for them, Longbow and mainhand axe feel like they need adjustments. Longbow can do very great damage for its purpose when it comes to 1000+ range auto attacks, but since quickening zephyr is so hard to actually slot as a utility, Rapid fire almost feels useless in terms of use outside shooting a stealthing thief. The channel is too slow, and while the vulnerability stacking is good, it just is very lackluster. The same can be same about barrage. It has a good use, but overall it is very slow.

In the case of mainhand axe, It suffers from only one thing: Animation and base damage for some skills. honestly, the appeal of ranger is that almost every weapon in worth using in condi or power, but for the power side of axe, the aftercast of autoattack is so long that its almost not worth using. while I dont know if it would be good to increase the base damage of the autoattack or split blade, but maybe make it so each axe that hits a player on Splitblade applies a stack of might for 3-5 seconds.

The only other problem I have is overall selfishness of ranger. Right now, outside guard spamming with Nature’s Voice and Healing spring, they dont offer too much to the table even in terms of helping fellow players. This may change with Sick em and buffs for pets, but there just needs to be more selfless reasons to bring a ranger.

Necromancer
The only thing I can ever ask to be looked at for this class is Axe. Right now, the weapon sees very little play because of its form even with the recent buffs. the big problem is mostly because since you are so close to an opponent to use it and its relatively slow auto attack, you often miss many attacks, and with Ghastly claws most people will either dodge and miss the whole channel (which this is fine for a skill) OR they will run behind you and completely cancel the cast (this isn’t fine). This needs to be fixed. Probably best bet to tackle the autoattack of Axe so that it doesn’t overshadow mainhand is either increase the speed of auto attack or switch the effects making Axe auto give 2-3% life force each hit and make ghastly stack vulnerability. Don’t change Unholy feast as its perfect. Also shave some bleeds please ;o. condi damage is a bit much, but can’t nerf it to hell. maybe take one bleed off Mark of blood and see how it works.

Elementalist

Just make Burning speed , more responsive It feels clunky! Also, PLEASE revert Ride the Lightning back to its original cooldown.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

(edited by Loyo.8526)

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

While looking at the necro, if you are not going to ever allow the ability to regen or heal through, or bleed onto, our actual health, would you consider modifying the way regen/healing works when in DS? 100% of all healing is wasted on the necro while in DS, but why not allow heals to effect our DS pool, even if it were a minor say half of what the heal would be to your hp pool it would allow us to stay within DS longer when in groups or solo if under the effects of a regen. I admit it is high time we got a nice boost to our blood magic line, but if you are truly trying to make us THE attrition class we need the tools to stay in the battle. I realize that upping our condi damage may have been what you wanted for us, and it is a welcome change, but IMO it is the wrong direction to take the necro, especially those of us that want the ability to turtle.

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

Guaranteed, Anet will make a knee-jerk nerf to thieves, and throw a non-useful “buff” to skills/traits/abilities no one uses. If stealth is such a problem, then properly buff thieves to compensate.

A lot of thieves would love to have swashbuckler-themed, non-stealth setups, but that really isn’t possible overall, with a couple exceptions.

P/P comes to mind as a totally worthless setup. Can’t access stealth (aside from utilities or healing), and can’t decide what it’s trying to accomplish, conditions or damage.

I’d love to play a gunslinger, or a fencer-type, but it just doesn’t work.

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

While looking at the necro, if you are not going to ever allow the ability to regen or heal through, or bleed onto, our actual health, would you consider modifying the way regen/healing works when in DS? 100% of all healing is wasted on the necro while in DS, but why not allow heals to effect our DS pool, even if it were a minor say half of what the heal would be to your hp pool it would allow us to stay within DS longer when in groups or solo if under the effects of a regen. I admit it is high time we got a nice boost to our blood magic line, but if you are truly trying to make us THE attrition class we need the tools to stay in the battle. I realize that upping our condi damage may have been what you wanted for us, and it is a welcome change, but IMO it is the wrong direction to take the necro, especially those of us that want the ability to turtle.

I honestly feel that the not healing in DS thing is tough also, and it probably should just be 50%-40% of healing is given to the necromancer while in Death Shroud . This or make it so 25 in blood magic made it so you could get healed while in death shroud. That way, it will make it so the traitline is viable, while also making sure you dont have what Anet fears : an unkillable super high damaging machine. Thats the only problem with healing in death shroud easily or it not being reduced.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

The majority of your posts on the thief boils down to: ‘Because other classes can now do some of what the thief can do, the thief should give even less opportunities for counterplay to compensate.’

A. Buffs to other class in areas previously exclusive to the thief, are not thief nerfs, and therefore do not warrant buffs to compensate.

B. The thief class already has less counterplay than any class in the entire game, or just about any MMO ever. The last thing it needs is buffs to those same areas which cause that problem.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Warrior
The Warrior is in a pretty decent place overall right now, and sees play in many types of content, as well as in PvP/WvW.

I can speak extensively about this class as it is my main and I play it frequently. The main issue with the current Warrior is his regen. Giving a high mobility, high armor, high hp, high CC class like the Warrior the kind of regen he has now is just overpowering.

Warriors were supposed to be able to use CC and mobility to stick on targets and keep their damage up. Now its the other way around. Now Warriors use their CC and mobility to keep you away from them as they get a full heal’s worth of HP every 10 seconds. You’ve got to stick on the Warrior in order to bring him down…which means he’s going to be doing lots of damage to you…which means you’ll die before he does.

The only real counter to the Warrior right now is poison. And that’s hardly a counter considering it’s limited availability to only a few builds within a few classes.

Traits changes required to balance the bunker Warrior:

• Adrenal Health moved from Master Minor to Master Major
    - Adrenal Health is way too good for a minor trait…really
  • Cull the Weak moved from Adept Major to Adept Minor
    - Cull the Weak is barely worthy of being a trait let alone a major trait
  • Thick Skin moved from Adept Minor to Master Minor
  • Warrior’s Sprint moved from Discipline line to Strength line
  • Restorative Strength moved from Strength line to Discipline line
    - Bunkers need to be slower. This will slow the Warrior a bit in his bunker build.

Guardian
We increased the power of many support skills which weren’t seeing much play. We reworked Purging Flames: it now removes three conditions from allies in an area effect around the guardian on cast while still burning enemies (enemies that enter or exit the flames are still burned). Once the skill has been cast, it then reduces condition duration for allies who remain in the consecration’s area. It’s hawt. Literally. All meditation utility skills are now instant, and Focused Mind now grants fury on meditation use.

It looks like you guys are realizing what stats are in what trait lines for the Guardian…finally. He’s got crit damage down the Valor line and that’s completely useless with a meditation build. Don’t put a huge internal cooldown on Focused Mind though, that would make it pointless. The Guardian needs to be able to access that 30% extra crit damage he’s forced to obtain down that line.

Other than that, comparatively for off-hand weapons, the Focus is just way better than the Torch or the Shield. A consistent source of blind, regen, and condi removal on a 25s cooldown? Hell yes. A 3-hit block that does a major hit if not used up? Better than Aegis.

Compare that to the other weapons. Torch is pretty good…if you can get them to stand next to you. That’s not going to happen since you’ve got no immobilizes or cripples. That weapon is pretty much just PvE damage. Okay, but not great.

For a Guardian, the Shield should be a staple. He’s a protector…what weapon says “protect” better than a shield? Of course, the shield is just an all-around terrible off-hand choice. Stability uptime is being improved and stability just 100% defeats Shield of Absorption. It doesn’t even destroy projectiles while you’re inside it. And the heal doesn’t make up for dropping the access to regen from the Focus. Not at all.

Here’s what needs to change with the shield:

• Shield of Judgement cooldown reduced to 25s
  • Shield of Judgement now adds 5s of Regen
    - Honestly a 30s skill that does mediocre damage and gives a few seconds of Protection? Really?
  • Shield of Absorption dome now destroys projectiles fired while inside
    - Currently you can just walk past the dome, or have stability up, and defeat the entire skill. A 40 second cooldown skill that becomes 4 seconds of complete uselessness.
  • Shield of Absorption; Detonate heal increased by 50% to the Guardian
    - The heal does hit allies and it would be a little OP if you gave it a straight buff, but it needs to help the Guardian out more than it does right now.

Posted by: Astewart.8415

Astewart.8415

I would like a consumable, gem shop item, or something that provides Swiftness at 33% movement speed out of combat. Having to spec boon duration, signet cooldown and all sorts of craziness to get around the map faster for exploration and so on is a bit much. I reached 80 once, took my time…now for my alts etc. and even on my 80 I want the Freeeedom to zip around the place without having to kitten my build. I mean powers etc. should really be for in-combat reasons, not exploring.

Just a thought.

( ._.)

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Hi John, please give Ranger melee pets a longer range for melee attacks because they will be rooted during the attack and its easy for enemy players to move out of their melee range.

Additionally, Lupicus and Liandri has made it very clear that they can one shot kill our pets and shutdown Ranger’s class mechanic for 45secs/60 secs. Something need to be done about this, either give the ranger a small buff when the pet dies (enrage or something) or reduce the time when the next pet can be up.

Thanks

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Reduce initiative Regen from infusion of Shadow to 1 ini per Stealth, or only allow it to activate when the Thief is not already Stealthed, are both valid ways to remove perma-Stealth through fine-tuned balancing rather than by introducing a hard counter.

Once you start introducing hard-counters, the meta will become convoluted with the Rock-Paper-Scissors type gameplay that is horrible for build variety and general fairness of fights between classes.:

this alone would kill the stealthers, and stealth isnt the problem its idiots that cry about them killing “while” in stealth, if a thief wants to perma stealth its only because of A. it infuriates you or B. its hurt and needs to reset a fight, which is pretty much how they win.

your suggestion would kill thieves altogether… so i say no, keep that trait the same as is. and for gits and shiggles, raise it to 3 initiative just to kitten YOU off ;3.

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Warrior
The Warrior is in a pretty decent place overall right now, and sees play in many types of content, as well as in PvP/WvW.

I can speak extensively about this class as it is my main and I play it frequently. The main issue with the current Warrior is his regen. Giving a high mobility, high armor, high hp, high CC class like the Warrior the kind of regen he has now is just overpowering.

Warriors were supposed to be able to use CC and mobility to stick on targets and keep their damage up. Now its the other way around. Now Warriors use their CC and mobility to keep you away from them as they get a full heal’s worth of HP every 10 seconds. You’ve got to stick on the Warrior in order to bring him down…which means he’s going to be doing lots of damage to you…which means you’ll die before he does.

The only real counter to the Warrior right now is poison. And that’s hardly a counter considering it’s limited availability to only a few builds within a few classes.

Traits changes required to balance the bunker Warrior:

• Adrenal Health moved from Master Minor to Master Major
    - Adrenal Health is way too good for a minor trait…really
  • Cull the Weak moved from Adept Major to Adept Minor
    - Cull the Weak is barely worthy of being a trait let alone a major trait
  • Thick Skin moved from Adept Minor to Master Minor
  • Warrior’s Sprint moved from Discipline line to Strength line
  • Restorative Strength moved from Strength line to Discipline line
    - Bunkers need to be slower. This will slow the Warrior a bit in his bunker build.

Guardian
We increased the power of many support skills which weren’t seeing much play. We reworked Purging Flames: it now removes three conditions from allies in an area effect around the guardian on cast while still burning enemies (enemies that enter or exit the flames are still burned). Once the skill has been cast, it then reduces condition duration for allies who remain in the consecration’s area. It’s hawt. Literally. All meditation utility skills are now instant, and Focused Mind now grants fury on meditation use.

It looks like you guys are realizing what stats are in what trait lines for the Guardian…finally. He’s got crit damage down the Valor line and that’s completely useless with a meditation build. Don’t put a huge internal cooldown on Focused Mind though, that would make it pointless. The Guardian needs to be able to access that 30% extra crit damage he’s forced to obtain down that line.

Other than that, comparatively for off-hand weapons, the Focus is just way better than the Torch or the Shield. A consistent source of blind, regen, and condi removal on a 25s cooldown? Hell yes. A 3-hit block that does a major hit if not used up? Better than Aegis.

Compare that to the other weapons. Torch is pretty good…if you can get them to stand next to you. That’s not going to happen since you’ve got no immobilizes or cripples. That weapon is pretty much just PvE damage. Okay, but not great.

For a Guardian, the Shield should be a staple. He’s a protector…what weapon says “protect” better than a shield? Of course, the shield is just an all-around terrible off-hand choice. Stability uptime is being improved and stability just 100% defeats Shield of Absorption. It doesn’t even destroy projectiles while you’re inside it. And the heal doesn’t make up for dropping the access to regen from the Focus. Not at all.

Here’s what needs to change with the shield:

• Shield of Judgement cooldown reduced to 25s
  • Shield of Judgement now adds 5s of Regen
    - Honestly a 30s skill that does mediocre damage and gives a few seconds of Protection? Really?
  • Shield of Absorption dome now destroys projectiles fired while inside
    - Currently you can just walk past the dome, or have stability up, and defeat the entire skill. A 40 second cooldown skill that becomes 4 seconds of complete uselessness.
  • Shield of Absorption; Detonate heal increased by 50% to the Guardian
    - The heal does hit allies and it would be a little OP if you gave it a straight buff, but it needs to help the Guardian out more than it does right now.

destroys projectiles fired inside…hmmm sounds great except the fact that if you placed it on top of a catapault and the cata did nothing…
DENIED. it needs a counter.

Conncept.7638

Currently Shadow’s Embrace removes a condition immediately upon entering stealth, this completely nullifies over 50% of any condition specced ranger, guardian, elementalist, and warrior, who only have one or two damaging conditions to rely on.

Shadows embrace needs to operate as it’s tooltip indicates, removing a condition after the thief has been in stealth for three seconds. This will allow condition builds from classes besides the mesmer, engi, and necro to put enough pressure on thieves to actually be a threat

EDIT:

destroys projectiles fired inside…hmmm sounds great except the fact that if you placed it on top of a catapault and the cata did nothing…
DENIED. it needs a counter.

Siege projectiles cannot be blocked, reflected, or destroyed.

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

This thread has essentially become a forum for suggestions on how to nerf thieves into the ground.

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Posting 6:

*New V trait: Shadow Clones
If you get hit by attacks that deal with 1 hit more than 10% of your maximum health, you’ll create a Shadow Clone of your self that will aid in battle for 20 seconds. (up to maximum 3) They are weaker than the original and have lesser health, but they shoud provide a nice distraction and increase in temporal dps…. (internal cooldown of 5 seconds) Shadow Clones look clearly different than normal players, similar like phantasms, but just a dark bluish/black like transparance instead of that pink from phantasms and theirmake a dark smoke trail when they move that blinds if you cross those trails as foe.

Link

Posted by: akallou.9704

akallou.9704

Hi John, please give Ranger melee pets a longer range for melee attacks because they will be rooted during the attack and its easy for enemy players to move out of their melee range.

Additionally, Lupicus and Liandri has made it very clear that they can one shot kill our pets and shutdown Ranger’s class mechanic for 45secs/60 secs. Something need to be done about this, either give the ranger a small buff when the pet dies (enrage or something) or reduce the time when the next pet can be up.

Thanks

This pet idea HAVE ALL MY SUPPORT! Give it a trait or not but rangers definitely needs it OR pet evading when we do

Posted by: Afro Dude.8423

Afro Dude.8423

I gotta say, I’m pretty impressed with the changes outlined here! More so than even that, the quality of life improvements. I don’t know what I like more, the tab-targeting change, or that pets & summons will be more useful in pve.

Posted by: Odd Magnet.3970

Odd Magnet.3970

TL;DR from Orpheals posts:
make Thief totally OP and change just about everything to make it even stronger, because you know, thief is the worst class ingame

I don’t attract, I don’t repel. That’s kinda odd

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

This thread has essentially become a forum for suggestions on how to nerf thieves into the ground.

+1

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Please make elementalist focus more attractive. I would argue its the least used weapon in the ele’s roster.

To me the focus feels like it is wanting to be a really strong team support and personal survivability weapon. Skills like swirling winds make that evident.

Flame wall could be such a helpful skill if it granted a buff to allies passing through (like 5 second fury) and/or burns boons off enemies passing through it. Right now there seems no reason to use it.

Also fire shield is terrible because it doesn’t help anyone and it relies on you taking damage. I personally think it could use a change. Perhaps if it became a self combo’ing skill (like Black power) 1second fire field and a ground targeted leap a little like the engi’s jump shot (without the spike damage at the end) just to give the focus one avenue of engage/escape and still retain the aura. The 40 second cooldown for such a horrible skill is completely unjustified.

Other than that I think other peoples ideas for adjustments outside of fire attunement are good. I just think SOMETHING has to be done. It has a lot of potential but is let down by some useless skills. I would love to take projectile denial from swirling winds into world vs world but I can’t take a weapon based on one skill

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Interesting engineer changes.
Turrets now targeting whatever you’re currently shooting is a good change along with increasing their health (I take it they fall under the category of pets/minions)
I would still like the elite mortar turret to be indestructible as it doesn’t do much damage (it cannot crit), it leaves you 100% immobile and defenceless to melee while manning it and it has a dead zone. The mortar receiving no aggro at all would be a good change to if indestructability is going too far.
The elixir changes are decent, although many would agree that completely getting rid of the RNG aspect of elixirs would be more desirable.
Overall it seems like a solid update for engineers. Just got to wait and find out if it’s true.

I would personally like for them to make it so no turrets or mortars could be targeted automatically, or by AOEs, only thru clicking on the target manually. That would solve that problem right there and wouldn’t cause a problem with these things being or granting invulnerability to the player.

Also, making mortar fire by itself would help us out tremendously with that one.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

tigirius.9014

+1

+1 that’s not what’s needed I agree. Thieves are tricksters but they are nowhere near invulnerable.

tigirius.9014

Now if they’d just transfer that to the engineer turrets and mortar they’d actually be viable again.

Posted by: Tupi.2967

Tupi.2967

Ride the Lightning

Lava Font

Auto-Attacks

+1
ME like.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

i didn’t read the whole thing and haven’t seen a single post about thieves but all stealth related skills must be toned tone. A game trying to become esports has no counter for the stealth mechanic is laughable.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Conncept.7638

Now if they’d just transfer that to the engineer turrets and mortar they’d actually be viable again.

Turrets, I don’t think so, mortar, yes please. And change the range Z-axis to operate like siege as well.

RyuDragnier.9476

That’s what happens whenever somebody mentions the slightest bit of counterplay to a thief…the stealth abusing thieves come in and QQ that the thief class will become worthless after a single skill on a 40 second cooldown will be given the ability to give somebody in stealth reveal…a skill that requires A TARGET to use, with an effect that will last most likely the normal 3-4 seconds. It’s silly considering it’s one skill, a very buggy skill at that. Then they start to make different suggestions, and it turns into a thief subforum thread.

tl;dr version: QQing thieves caused this.

[hS]

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

i didn’t read the whole thing and haven’t seen a single post about thieves but all stealth related skills must be toned tone. A game trying to become esports has no counter for the stealth mechanic is laughable.

Stealth have enough counter, but this isnt the reason for my reply.

The thiefbalance (his low hp and no exist deff), was build around the fact that stealth has no direct counter. That mean if all class a stealthcounter skill and the thief dont a buff in health, heal or dmg, to equalizes this, will this result in a nerf.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

RyuDragnier.9476

Buff in damage? Don’t need that. A buff in toughness and vitality (meaning HP) to make up for the less stealth? I’d agree to that if stealth is made less abundant in the class skills.

[hS]

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Reduce initiative Regen from infusion of Shadow to 1 ini per Stealth, or only allow it to activate when the Thief is not already Stealthed, are both valid ways to remove perma-Stealth through fine-tuned balancing rather than by introducing a hard counter.

Once you start introducing hard-counters, the meta will become convoluted with the Rock-Paper-Scissors type gameplay that is horrible for build variety and general fairness of fights between classes.:

this alone would kill the stealthers, and stealth isnt the problem its idiots that cry about them killing “while” in stealth, if a thief wants to perma stealth its only because of A. it infuriates you or B. its hurt and needs to reset a fight, which is pretty much how they win.

your suggestion would kill thieves altogether… so i say no, keep that trait the same as is. and for gits and shiggles, raise it to 3 initiative just to kitten YOU off ;3.

To begin,

You do deserve Arena.net Right and Power to call players Idiots Idiots for ‘crying’ because of your abusive and your Tryranny mechanics (as always).

As a Ranger class, i would’ve got Infracted within minutes but it’s k cause the Ranger class are the “dirt class” who gets spit and walked over all the time by you and Arena.net..

In other word, no Suprise here or ‘Crying’ cause the Ranger class is use to it.

To everyone’ I will never believe any ’changes" will be made to the Overpowered Abusive Egoist Tyrant Thief Class unless Arena.net is replaced or having a Justified Power within thier company who will finally stand up to those who are Fully Responsible for committing Injustice and Tyranny crimes among the classes and to the world of Tyra and make changes.

Only than.

I will believe..

Other than that, as the saying goes, "keep playing that same song, nothing will change, unless you change the artist "

-Arena.net, It’s Time For Change—

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Elementalist:
Increase animation speed of skill 1 in every attunement with staff.
Those skills are to slow in animation. No other proffesion have so slow animation like elementalist. Almost everybody can hit two times while ele can hit once.

Conncept.7638

Stealth have enough counter, but this isnt the reason for my reply.

The thiefbalance (his low hp and no exist deff), was build around the fact that stealth has direct counter. That mean if all class a stealthcounter skill and the thief dont a buff in health, heal or dmg, to equalizes this, will this result in a nerf.

A counter is not a counter when it is solely in the hands of the person who needs to be countered. In it’s current state, being entirely in the hands of the thief, revealed is a control mechanism, not a counter. When it is available to others, then it’s a counter.

And if you say or even think ‘AoE Spam’, your opinion is void. AoE spam works in most other games because they have resource control and much more limited movement. Resource control allows the developers to make low CD AoEs and rely on ‘mana’ to balance their use. More limited movement sets a a clear range where the stealthed player could be. Excepting thieves, GW2 has no resource control and almost no spammable AoEs, and the distance a thief is able to cover is not only huge compared to most games, is by far the most of any class in the game itself.

Furthermore, in case you haven’t noticed, the same pool of stats are available to everyone in the game, thieves can build any stat just as well as any other class The difference is, because of zero counterplay defensive mechanics, they don’t even need certain stats. You don’t ‘balance’ something by sacrificing something that wasn’t needed in the first place.

Posted by: raahk.2786

raahk.2786

+1

+1 that’s not what’s needed I agree. Thieves are tricksters but they are nowhere near invulnerable.

+1

Too bad all the balance team cares about is buffing the warrior further, since it’s their pet class.
I’d love to have some bug fixes that have existed since launch on some of my thief’s skills, at least, or maybe not be forced to go into D/D every time since condition damage with a thief is completely pointless and S/D is getting nerfed, yet again, while warrior has free reign to have the highest health regen on a passive signet while still doing more damage than any other class.

Posted by: Wraith.7529

Wraith.7529

Some awesome stuff here, but please don’t forget about focus on Elementalist. Only half the skills on it are useful right now. It really needs to be reworked heavily! There’s a good topic about it in the Elementalist sub-forum.

I also really hope Ele staff can be more viable in the future. It’s way too slow right now and is pretty much only good for providing combo fields and some CC (in WvW zergs). D/D, S/D, and S/F are all more viable than staff even in PvE, but especially so in WvW/sPvP.

^ I agree. This post is good news and I hope ANET continues with informing their Players ( paying customers ) more like this in the future, so well done on that Mr Sharp thank you. Now to the Ele Class, I agree with Gilburt I play all classes in PVE and a Ele/Mes/Guard/ in WvsW. Ele’s really do need some attention not just for Staff but overall as a class it needs a rework . I think Ele as a minimum should be as viable and on equal ground with its fellow caster classes (-nerco-mesmer) from what a class can bring to the table for my team from a support and DPS perspective. I look forward to these coming changes and how they will actually play out.

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

did you know ele deals the most dps in pve?

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

+1

+1

Too bad all the balance team cares about is buffing the warrior further, since it’s their pet class.
I’d love to have some bug fixes that have existed since launch on some of my thief’s skills, at least, or maybe not be forced to go into D/D every time since condition damage with a thief is completely pointless and S/D is getting nerfed, yet again, while warrior has free reign to have the highest health regen on a passive signet while still doing more damage than any other class.

i have the feeling this guys is right…the Venom Share is also quite pointless, along with the PVE condi thief