October 15th balance/skills updates preview.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Point is, discuss thieves elsewhere unless its a direct IDEA that would benefit ALL.. IE give a detailed idea of how it would benefit all. quit saying “stealth doesnt have a direct counter” thats the whole point of it BEING stealth, you DO NOT KNOW. it is not supposed to have a counter/direct counter, if it did it would not be stealth. now. get back to the topic and go RANT elsewhere kitten , the dev already asked nicely

Perhaps the worst logic I have ever seen on these forums.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

“Successfully killing the target(s) isn’t as easy” are ppl for real with this? Stealth+burst+CnD stomp and move to another target…. what you say? you failed to burst? well that’s cool cuz i can CnD, couple of hearseekers from target to gain space+refuge and get out to then re-burst again. So hard.

I’m telling you, try it. Roll a thief, go to spvp and try it. If you manage to stealth+burst+CnD stomp even every second target, I’ll eat my hat.

i understand what you mean but this applies to every class, its called learning the class. The problem with thief is that the amount+spammable stealth covers you unexperience just like when necros were insanely OP. It could be your first time playing a nec and you would do MUCH better than you would on an engi, ele or whatever.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: liefbread.9513

liefbread.9513

“Successfully killing the target(s) isn’t as easy” are ppl for real with this? Stealth+burst+CnD stomp and move to another target…. what you say? you failed to burst? well that’s cool cuz i can CnD, couple of hearseekers from target to gain space+refuge and get out to then re-burst again. So hard.

It seems you’re operating under the assumption that our target is standing still, and we’re both in full zerker gear.

A WvW thief (a good one) does not run full zerker gear, I personally run full Valkyrie for WvW.

If I’m fighting a guardian I’m going to be blind every time I go into stealth, so those backstabs will never land.

If I’m fighting a mesmer, chances are they’ll be greatsword channeling me and will know where I am running when I stealth (GS3 sweeps me away + knockdown, they also have access to focus 4 and sword 2 or 3 allows them to evade my attacks).

If I’m fighting a warrior they can cleave with their lovely greatsword swings, block my backstab with their offhand shield, and proceed to CC me into the ground (or they’re running hammer/mace and will just CC me into the ground off the bat).

Necros can fear me (yes, even when in stealth) and load me up with conditions.

Elementalists can blast AOE, drop massive fields, and generally be evasive (once again unless we’re both in zerker gear and I just one shot/two shot them, that’s their own fault).

Longbow rangers can outposition/range us and have their own suite of CC, as well as being able to swap to SB or axes for sweeping attacks and conditions.

Engineers have their own suite of AOE attacks (bomb kit?) and massive condition damage. Everyone has a way of dealing with us being in stealth…

You seem to think people don’t have lines of play against thieves.

Posted by: Sneek.6504

Sneek.6504

You’ve never even played a single class besides the thief have you? There isn’t any class where you are better off button-mashing.

Actually you run out of initiative quite fast if you just spam buttons, especially with s/d and s/p.

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

I like pretty much everything about those new changes, and I mostly like “Release the button to cast”
Hovewer, I expected that there will be templates on builds (on traits expecially, so I can switch them – maybe switching between trait books I bought)
And I expected more, new skills and traits.

#ELEtism

Nuka Cola.8520

It seems you’re operating under the assumption that our target is standing still, and we’re both in full zerker gear.

A WvW thief (a good one) does not run full zerker gear, I personally run full Valkyrie for WvW.

you should never rely on gear to judge some1’s skill, zerker has nothing to do with me, you or some1 else being bad, just sayin.

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Ranger changes look cool, but I still miss 1 very important thing: Longbow users have to choose 2 of 3 Marksman traits (Piercing Arrows, Eagle EyE, Remorseless). No other weapon has such problem – when you want to spec fully into weapon, you always can pick all related traits. I think it’s REALLY needed to either merge 2 of those traits, or move one of them to 1 tier so we can pick them all.

They need to put in a ranger crack shot and merge piercing with cool down.

It’s far too many traits required to max out LB.

I’ve been say this since beta…

Posted by: raahk.2786

raahk.2786

you should never rely on gear to judge some1’s skill, zerker has nothing to do with me, you or some1 else being bad, just sayin.

Then why are you saying that a thief can just c/d-backstab-heartseekerheartseeker-stomp, when the only time this would be applicable is when you’re fighting a low armor class using berserker gear?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

You’ve never even played a single class besides the thief have you? There isn’t any class where you are better off button-mashing.

Actually you run out of initiative quite fast if you just spam buttons, especially with s/d and s/p.

I know, that’s what I said…?

There is no class where you are better of button mashing, including the thief, especially since they have resource control unlike every other class. But a lack of button mashing does not inherently mean that skill is required. Stealth as it currently sits, does not take skill in a PvP environment, because skill in PvP comes from play and counterplay, and stealth allows for no such skill trades between players.

And if I may say, even though I am very against stealth’s current state. I’m not particularly fond of this addition. This is just a single skill, even if more are added, you will have it on your bar or you won’t, that’s not real play to counterplay, that’s just a question of whether or not thieves kitten you off enough to slot it.

Real play to counterplay would be giving players a general course of action when versing a stealthed opponent, whether that/those possible action(s) would drop the player out of stealth or not.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I hold that elementalists and thieves are equally weak while levelling until they receive their traits as well.

Wow… no, just no.

Don’t you even go there, you obviously aren’t playing correctly.

Thief is probably by far the most efficient and easiest class to solo/level with and Elementalist is probably the hardest.

Nuka Cola.8520

Then why are you saying that a thief can just c/d-backstab-heartseekerheartseeker-stomp, when the only time this would be applicable is when you’re fighting a low armor class using berserker gear?

well that’s just false. the thief nor the enemy need to be “low armor class using berserker gear” to go passed 6k backstabs (especially in wvw with food and bloodlust). Not only that but you have access to spammable evades on S/D.

raahk.2786

I hold that elementalists and thieves are equally weak while levelling until they receive their traits as well.

Wow… no, just no.

Thief is probably by far the most efficient and easiest class to solo/level with and Elementalist is probably the hardest.

Nah, wrongo. Thief is pretty easy to level using Sword/Pistol, I’d have to say the easiest is again, the pve king, warrior, while mesmer is definitely the hardest, or at least the most tedious. Most mesmer players say that their class doesn’t become fun until about level forty or so.

liefbread.9513

I’m surprised that’s all you had a problem with everything I was saying, but as a general rule running full zerker is WvW (even as an uber OP thief that never gets hit) is suicide.

Also to address the “there’s no better class for mashing buttons than thief.” I personally like running elementalist as my “I push buttons so I can push more buttons” class. (nothing against elementalists, just that there are a lot of buttons to push at all times).

Nuka Cola.8520

Wow… no, just no.

Nah, wrongo. Thief is pretty easy to level using Sword/Pistol, I’d have to say the easiest is again, the pve king, warrior, while mesmer is definitely the hardest, or at least the most tedious. Most mesmer players say that their class doesn’t become fun until about level forty or so.

its not “not fun” its just bad when you don’t have access to deceptive evasion or at least IC which is grandmaster now=more painful to level since nerf.

raahk.2786

well that’s just false. the thief nor the enemy need to be “low armor class using berserker gear” to go passed 6k backstabs (especially in wvw with food and bloodlust). Not only that but you have access to spammable evades on S/D.

Using food buffs while being full zerker with a 10/30/30 trait set up, the most I’ve ever crit is about 6k. And that’s only in world versus world, Spvp it’s incredibly rare to see a backstab go up that high. And that 6k is hardly anything about most classes, other then other thieves.

And you aren’t going to be able to backstab while using S/D, and those evades are a lot shorter then that of a ranger’s or the normal dodge roll, which means a thief’s timing has to be impeccable to actually use it effectively as a dodge. With the increased initiative cost you can’t spam it, either.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Change Guardian Shield #4:

Selfless Hero, 2min CD, combo field light: The guardian locks down in place (stability) and redirects 20% of all nearby damage to himself. During which the guardian takes 50% reduced damage. Last 5 seconds.

Nuka Cola.8520

Of all the classes in this game, thief would be the #1 choice to go full zerker if you decide to play a zerker class… just don’t be stupid enough to zerg in groups, duh

raahk.2786

Of all the classes in this game, thief would be the #1 choice to go full zerker if you decide to play a zerker class… just don’t be stupid enough to zerg in groups, duh

Actually, you’re a lot safer in a group zerg then roaming solo as a berserker, as the large amount of players on either end provides a better cover for actually doing damage.

And most thief players will go zerker/valk anyways, since our class has hardly any build diversity.

Nuka Cola.8520

Actually, you’re a lot safer in a group zerg then roaming solo as a berserker, as the large amount of players on either end provides a better cover for actually doing damage.

And most thief players will go zerker/valk anyways, since our class has hardly any build diversity.

you don’t cover from anything, you have stealth for that.

Posted by: Smoke.8510

Smoke.8510

Can you tell us more about the “changes to some of the Ranger weapons”. Rangers have been ignored for so long we get nervous when you say you’re changing something.

Tinfoil Hat Conspiracy [LiES] (Leader)||Doesn’t afraid of anything.|

raahk.2786

It’s a lot more obvious as to where a lone thief will be if he stealths then it is if he’s in a zerg, and even moreso if he does stealth.

Nuka Cola.8520

It’s a lot more obvious as to where a lone thief will be if he stealths then it is if he’s in a zerg, and even moreso if he does stealth.

doesn’t matter. you have extremely long lasting stealth from refuge and can climb up cliffs with infiltrator arrow to lose your target

Sneek.6504

I’m telling you, try it. Roll a thief, go to spvp and try it. If you manage to stealth+burst+CnD stomp even every second target, I’ll eat my hat.

i understand what you mean but this applies to every class, its called learning the class. The problem with thief is that the amount+spammable stealth covers you unexperience just like when necros were insanely OP. It could be your first time playing a nec and you would do MUCH better than you would on an engi, ele or whatever.

Somewhat true yeah. I agree on stealth making it easier to escape or to disengage and think about your next move and it really does cover for the inexperience of the player. However for using it offensively (and for using it most efficiently) in the middle of fight, it requires timing and skill. You have no idea how many times I’ve caused myself to be revealed (and shortly killed) because I f’d up.

I agree thief is not the hardest class to learn, but it definitely isn’t the easiest either.

raahk.2786

doesn’t matter. you have extremely long lasting stealth from refuge and can climb up cliffs with infiltrator arrow to lose your target

That’s if a competent player doesn’t just pull or push you out of refuge, and you can’t scale cliffs with infiltrator’s arrow, as much as I’d like that. There’s very few areas of the game where infiltrators will bring you to an area that’s above you.

Posted by: Felices Bladewing.3914

Felices Bladewing.3914

yeah stealth for maximal 11 secs with standing still 5secs wow 0.o impressive. you are mixing too many builts in your complaints (backstab is D/D, the nerf goes to S/D, the “perma” invis is D/P) and i dont even bring out the traits you are also mixing.

As a thief i dont want a buff tbh the nerf is most for sPvP so i can look over it all i want is a rework of “steal” and more possibility playstyles with the weapons we already have…… i and think even other classplayer could agree with that

Thief (80)
Elona’s Reach

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Wow… no, just no.

Nope, even mesmer is easy.

Thief using s/p is doing it wrong. Shortbow/caltrops/signet of malice and you should never ever die and can kill anything incredibly fast/easy.

Nuka Cola.8520

what do you mean you can’t? i do it with blink all the time… it doesn’t work on all but it works in plenty of spots. also about the pull out of refuge, not all classes can do it and and class/skills that can are normally on long CD. if you see a GS mesmer rushing at your refuge and you haven’t seen him use iWave during the fight, maybe its good time to dodge when he/she gets close.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

You sir, sound like a very bad elementalist.

Have you got anything to prove how bad I am…or are you simply trolling me?
I would have ignored you but…I don’t want the devs to suspect that having problems with ele is a L2p issue so..pls if you can prove how bad is @Keiji Sakuragi, I’d be obliged.
I don’t remember many people from this forum : @ Mrbig, @Diogosilva..they played with me few times, you can ask them how bad I am..

I wasn’t trolling you. While the elementalist does have their own issues, I find it hard to believe and I quote “To play an ele is extremely intensive, you need to pay attention to basically anything..to avoid a quick death, no mistakes allowed, a single mistake and 3/4 of your HP are gone.”

If this is really the way you feel about elementalist, I find it hard to believe how much problems people usually have with elementalist to begin with. I don’t main an ele but i’ve clocked in a couple of hundred hours on them. Sure they require more micromangement but when i’m in WvW, I don’t really pay any extra attention compared to another class in order to kill people. I surely don’t think people find me any easier than another class. I think mesmers have the poorer end of the stick when it comes to paying attention requirements.

Nuka Cola.8520

yeah stealth for maximal 11 secs with standing still 5secs wow 0.o impressive. you are mixing too many builts in your complaints (backstab is D/D, the nerf goes to S/D, the “perma” invis is D/P) and i dont even bring out the traits you are also mixing.

As a thief i dont want a buff tbh the nerf is most for sPvP so i can look over it all i want is a rework of “steal” and more possibility playstyles with the weapons we already have…… i and think even other classplayer could agree with that

you have 10sec of stealth in a normal BS builds from refuge, this isn’t enough to disengage whole zergs?

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I’m still trying to figure out how a balance feedback thread turned into an anti-thief rally. Yes they are annoying and fight like cowards and stealth is the gimmicky skill that they have to rely on. I feel sorry for them cause out of all the classes, thief is the only one that nobody ever feels guilty about corpse dancing on. I hate them cause most builds I run across are a hard counter to my warrior hammer build and I have to resort to running away or dying most of the time. That being said Thief is a pretty weak class that relies on a single strong gimmick which must really suck. There are only 2 or maybe 3 viable builds which makes them very predictable. I wouldn’t mind seeing some changes to them so that I can we can fight something other than a d/d, s/d or p/d.

Since I main a warrior I am more curious about the changes to shouts and want to know if there will be any changes to the 5,15,25 minor jokes in the tactics line.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

Actually, no. I honestly feel that Necromancer is alot safer to play if you want to go full zerker than thief. With the way Necromancer works, If you Force everything down with high damaging 100% critting burst shots with 1200 range, it actually adds to survivability because every death gives you 4-6% of your second hp back. Thats huge.

Yes, they are slow, but they are incredibly tanky for zerker gear.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

Sneek.6504

It’s matter of preference of course, but you’ll be very very vulnerable getting one hitted with full zerker. You’ll be around 12k-13k hp (12k-15k EHP), which basically means other thieves, mesmers and, if unlucky, warriors can burst you down in a second.

(edited by Sneek.6504)

Nuka Cola.8520

oh wow i thought the patch was for today Sep 15 and its in one month… almost asked if it was delayed or something (and yes i know there’s a patch in two days)

raahk.2786

you have 10sec of stealth in a normal BS builds from refuge, this isn’t enough to disengage whole zergs?

Whole zergs? Are you serious?
A whole zerg would just nuke the refuge before you have a chance to leave it. You’d die with no say in the matter. Refuge isn’t an instant ten seconds of stealth, you have to stand in it for five or six seconds, and that’s way more then enough time to get killed while standing in that little space. A single GS warrior can do that, but an entire zerg would have you down before you even get a chance to cast it.

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

I like the sic em idea. As a wvwvw avid thief, I don’t use stealth that much because it’s too easy. Every class should have an anti stealth counter!

OP’d thief, lol

Nuka Cola.8520

you don’t refuge inside a ball of people… thanks god you have access to shadow steps and other stealth utilities.

@yolo so you’d say a zerker nec is better to solo roam than a zerker BS thief? then please tell me why almost every single time you’ll find a person alone that is there to solo roam//duel is always a thief? Thief has mobility to help you survive in zerker gear plus stealth, you can’t beat that for survival unless you’re on a warrior with sword/shield+GS and some mobility utilities.

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Wow… no, just no.

Thief is fine if you only ever aggro one at a time. Maybe two. More than that, especially at low level, and you’re kittened. As you level, though, and gain traits then it gets better. But at low level thief is just too squish.

No. They really don’t. As a mesmer you practically require the traits to be useful and fun. And the useful utilities as well. Before that is a drag.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

(edited by SynfulChaot.3169)

Posted by: Xeloren.1682

Xeloren.1682

“We’re also looking to make conditions scale better in PvE/WvW leveling so that they’re more viable at different junctures in the level scale.”

About time, condition upscaling for low level characters in wvw is ridiculous, as you can get more than 1600 condition damage on level 10… but as you gain levels the upscaling getting worse and worse, so basically a level 10-20 character can be stronger than a level 50 from the same class.
As an example a level 10 condition warrior vs lvl80s:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HixNwGVDOb4

and a level 11 condition engi vs lvl80s and a lvl40-70 engi in the end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQY0cK8KrVk

Xeloren [TUP]

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

You sir, sound like a very bad elementalist.

Have you got anything to prove how bad I am…or are you simply trolling me?
I would have ignored you but…I don’t want the devs to suspect that having problems with ele is a L2p issue so..pls if you can prove how bad is @Keiji Sakuragi, I’d be obliged.
I don’t remember many people from this forum : @ Mrbig, @Diogosilva..they played with me few times, you can ask them how bad I am..

I wasn’t trolling you. While the elementalist does have their own issues, I find it hard to believe and I quote “To play an ele is extremely intensive, you need to pay attention to basically anything..to avoid a quick death, no mistakes allowed, a single mistake and 3/4 of your HP are gone.”

If this is really the way you feel about elementalist, I find it hard to believe how much problems people usually have with elementalist to begin with. I don’t main an ele but i’ve clocked in a couple of hundred hours on them. Sure they require more micromangement but when i’m in WvW, I don’t really pay any extra attention compared to another class in order to kill people. I surely don’t think people find me any easier than another class. I think mesmers have the poorer end of the stick when it comes to paying attention requirements.

I can see where you come from then, but you should know that playing an ele in a PvP setting is entirely different than playing ele in WvWvW.
I play both instances and can easily point the main advantages of the PvE ele compared to PvP:

1) Increased base HP
2) No nerfs on the healing
3) Increased base stats
4) Enemies who don’t enjoy your same set up ( exotic+ )

With decreased healing and efficiency for some traits, whose nerfs only apply for PvP , the lowest base HP ( huge deal ) and lowest base dmg , less customability ..you should be able to see where all the complaints in PvP come from

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

I find my thief to be really op’d in wvw. I really don’t die in solo fights unless i want to. This is wrong and should be balanced. Thank you anet.

OP’d thief, lol

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

If Arena.net was to sum all the posts in one gigantic post, it would read, “Thief class core mechanics Nerf is Overdue!” – “slap on the wrist Nerf” is not allowed.

Arena.net, isn’t it too obvious.. the only class who gets the most Injustice Backlash in all thiefis blance/stealth thread is the thief class?

Than if it isn’t obvious, than why you remain Silent and continue in Justifying and Contributing (behind the sceen) more overpower tools to this Injust Overpower class?

Not forgetting intentionally rewarding this class with more undeserving rewards.
Torment, "does that ring a bell’?

After 1 year+, i realize all these great posts and threads concerning thief overpowerdness are just another trash to be thrown in the trashcan.

So many wonderful and beautiful ideas in oppinions, suggestion and recommendations to thief class balance and adjustments, are just reasons for Arena.net to reward them more.

As i stated many times already, “Thief is Arena.net” and Warrior is thier “side-kick”.

In other word, we are all “kitten”

So to the remaining non-Favorite justice blelieves, what are our options,

Should we continue in believing anything these Ego-savy Selfish Prideful Injustice Practicioners have to say? or "turn the other cheek or even; as the saying goes, “Turn away from those who practice Injustice and follow those who Embraces Justice”?

You have the power.
You hold the answer.
The choice is in ur hands..

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

If Arena.net was to sum all the posts in one gigantic post, it would read, “Thief class core mechanics Nerf is Overdue!” – “slap on the wrist Nerf” is not allowed.

Arena.net, isn’t it too obvious.. the only class who gets the most Injustice Backlash in all thiefis blance/stealth thread is the thief class?

Than if it isn’t obvious, than why you remain Silent and continue in Justifying and Contributing (behind the sceen) more overpower tools to this Injust Overpower class?

Not forgetting intentionally rewarding this class with more undeserving rewards.

After 1 year+, i realize all these great posts and threads concerning thief overpowerdness are just another trash to be thrown in the trashcan.

So many wonderful and beautiful ideas in oppinions, suggestion and recommendations to thief class balance and adjustments, are just reasons for Arena.net to reward them more.

As i stated many times already, “Thief is Arena.net” and Warrior is thier “side-kick”.

Should we continue in believing anything these Ego-savy Selfish Prideful Injustice Practicioners have to say? or "turn the other cheek or even; as the saying goes, “Turn away from those who practice Injustice and follow those who Emcbraces Justice”?

You have the power.
You hold the answer.

Oh my gosh that was the wordiest thing ever… you don’t write manga do you?

liefbread.9513

Can you tell us more about the “changes to some of the Ranger weapons”. Rangers have been ignored for so long we get nervous when you say you’re changing something.

I feel you ranger friend.

Posted by: uri.6521

uri.6521

About RANGER

I have some interesting changes that may improve two traits that are considered subpar:

Evasive purity: This trait is actually good, but it is very situational and it removes two of the less harming conditions (aside from vulneravility).
Sugestion: Change this trait so it removes 1 condition on doge roll with no or 5 seconds internal cooldown, this way, it will be more appealing since it will be useful for most situations.

Two handed training: This is probably the most unused traits on the ranger, since greasword does very low damage (mostly on the auto attack.)
Sugestion: I would like that this trait made greatsword and spear attacks inflict bleeding, ¿why?, because the other traits that benefit it directly (martial mastery) are in the condition damage traitline, i suggest making it so it always inflict a fixed amount of bleeding (no chance to proc) but in a balanced amounts:
So, the numbers i suggest look like this:

1. Auto attacks (both): One stack of one second of bleeding per hit.
2. Maul / Swirling strike: Three stacks of 6 seconds of bleeding .
3. Swoop / Dart: One stack of ten second of bleeding.
4. Counterattack / Counterstrike: Four stacks of four second of bleeding.
4 (2). Cripplig throw / Throw spear: One stack of ten second of bleeding.
5(greatword). Hilt bash Three stacks of 6 seconds of bleeding (only from behind) .
5(spear). Man O War: One stack of one second of bleeding per hit.

I really hope you guys like this, tell me if you have any suggestions.

(edited by uri.6521)

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

^
Another Burnfall classic.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Posted by: Avatara.1042

I feel you ranger friend.

Hot.

liefbread.9513

you don’t refuge inside a ball of people… thanks god you have access to shadow steps and other stealth utilities.

@yolo so you’d say a zerker nec is better to solo roam than a zerker BS thief? then please tell me why almost every single time you’ll find a person alone that is there to solo roam//duel is always a thief? Thief has mobility to help you survive in zerker gear plus stealth, you can’t beat that for survival unless you’re on a warrior with sword/shield+GS and some mobility utilities.

Sorry, I was eating, thieves solo roam (are the most popular solo roaming class) because we are built to have quick engage and disengage, but in a 1v1 fight zerker gear still leaves you very squishy and vulnerable to classes you could normally easily kitten without it (mesmers and rangers, who also frequently roam), thieves are also (as a class) built really poorly for WvW zerg play (we basically just try to kill strays or scorpion wire people into the zerg if we’re in the zerg) and our class tailors us to supply denial… which leads to roaming. A zerk (I personally prefer rampagers) necro is better in a zerg than a zerk thief will ever be though. (they have a very high base hit pool, I think in near full rampagers I’m at 18k HP on my necro, but I can’t hop on right now to check)

liefbread.9513

I find my thief to be really op’d in wvw. I really don’t die in solo fights unless i want to. This is wrong and should be balanced. Thank you anet.

seems legit.

raahk.2786

Should we continue in believing anything these Ego-savy Selfish Prideful Injustice Practicioners have to say? or "turn the other cheek or even; as the saying goes, “Turn away from those who practice Injustice and follow those who Emcbraces Justice”?

You have the power.
You hold the answer.

I’m sorry, is this satire?

liefbread.9513

You have the power.
You hold the answer.

That was really wordy and I don’t know exactly what you’re saying.

But if you follow the general trend of “stealth classes” in any game… like… any game ever… You’ll see that we’re always the “OMG UBER OP CLASS” (no matter the situation) there are always people calling for nerfs and there will always be a core group of people from that class fighting against it.

Are you talking about the class of thief as in “they are thieves therefore evil?” like, not even on a “this class is full of evil players who abuse the system” basis, but on a “this class is supposed to represent some malicious entity in the storyline of the game” kind of level?

Do you see these “buffs” as rewards? Do you really see thieves making use of torment… ever? I don’t.

I dunno, maybe I’m missing something here, but it seems to me you talked circles around yourself trying to make your statements sound important… when in reality they just came out garbled. It would be amazing if you could clarify your intent a bit.