October 15th balance/skills updates preview.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gesamtkunstwerk.6590

Gesamtkunstwerk.6590

A little background… I’ve mained an elementalist for over 6 months. Over that time I’ve played a considerable amount of casual and competitive pvp (currently rank 45). Yes, I’m frustrated with the state of the profession in this area of the game. Yes, I think it’s a real problem and that anet is largely at fault. And yes, I don’t think they take our criticisms very seriously. I’m not sure if this is due to a lack of experience or interest on the part of the devs, or if it’s the intricacies of the profession itself, that are hindering a proper response to this issue. But the ele is most certainly not ok. This upcoming patch, and surely the one to follow, will do very little that I can see to improve this state of affairs. All I can do is suggest a few changes, informed by my own experiences, and the experiences of those I’ve played with. I have zero expectation that any of this will ever happen.

Staff

Fire

• Fireball: Decrease cast time from 1 to 3/4 second and increase the velocity by 20%. Lower base damage slightly.
  • Lavafont: Add an eruption immediately after casting and/or apply 1 second of burning per tick.
  • Flameburst: Add a burst effect within a small radius (90-120) for aoe damage.
  • Meteor Shower: Increase impacts between meteors (make it closer to firestorm) and/or increase base damage.

Water

• Water Blast: Increase aoe healing impact radius to 360 and increase velocity by 20%.

Air

• Chain Lightning: Move this to the #2 skill. Increase base damage to match a 6-8 second cool down.
  • Lightning Surge: Move this to the #1 skill. Increase cast time to 3 seconds and turn it into a channeling skill.
  • Gust: Move this to the #4 skill. Rather than push foes in a line, it releases a cone-shaped aoe knockback. Increase cool down to 40 seconds.
  • Windborne Speed: Move this to the #3 skill.

Earth

• Stoning: Increase velocity by 20%. Decrease weakness duration from 3 to 2.5 seconds.
  • Shockwave: Increase immobilize duration to 2.5 seconds. Increase bleeding from 1 to 4 stacks. Increase duration to 40 seconds.

Scepter

Fire

• Flamestrike: Decrease cast time from 1 ¼ to 1 second.

Water

• Ice Shards: Add 20% projectile finisher.
  • Shatterstone: Make it explode after 1 second rather than 2. Increase radius from 180 to 240.
  • Water Trident: In addition to to healing it also applies regeneration. Increase radius from 180 to 240.

Earth

• Stone Shards: Increase bleeding duration from 6 to 8 seconds.

Dagger

Fire

• Fire Grab: Make it easier to land this attack successfully.

Water

• Vapor Blade: Increase vulnerability duration from 6 to 8 seconds. Increase base damage.

Air

• Lightning Touch: Add a 2 second daze.
  • Ride the Lightning: Increase range from 1,200 to 1,500.

Earth

• Impale: Increase range from 300 to 600.

Focus

Fire

• Flamewall: Double the effective width of the flamewall.
  • Fireshield: Grant an additional 3 stacks of might when cast.

Water

• Freezing Gust: Increase base damage.
  • Comet: Make it easier to land this attack successfully.

Air

• Swirling Winds: Add aoe swiftness.
  • Gale: Increase knockdown duration from 2 to 3 seconds.

Conjured Weapons

General

• Remove charges.
  • Make conjured weapons a secondary weapon set.
  • Allow them to be cast instantly (like engineer kits).
Diotima of Mantinea, r65 Elementalist
Vovin, r65 Warrior
Guild: V A E V I C T I S [HEX]

(edited by Gesamtkunstwerk.6590)

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Most of those changes make sense. Some are just silly. You should know why conjured weapons cannot be made like engineer kits, why ride the lightning shouldn’t have 1500 range and why another daze for dagger Air is just too much.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Kamui.3150

Kamui.3150

Aye, what I’d try doing with Conjures instead would be to make your active Conjure (by which I mean if Flame Axe is the current one, casting Frost Bow changes your active one to that) something you can swap to and from with the weapon swap key. You’d only get the stat boosts from the conjure while using its skills, and this would let you swap between your Conjure and your standard weapon set for some really cool combos, and wouldn’t require you to be using just your 15 (or 25) Conjure charges. Ideally this would only apply to the Conjure that is spawned in your hands, the one that’s dropped on the ground would likely be treated like a regular bundle.

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

…I want my Spear….

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !

Posted by: mshinga.6540

mshinga.6540

While I understand that a lot of people like conjures if Anet makes eles into some kind if weapon conjure class I will stop playing it. Simple put eles need damage to match their diminutive health and armor, it was clear to me that eles are intended to gun down foes before being reached just as necro is intended to outlast a for while working conditions. At present eles cannot hit hard enough to allow for this functionality.

In my option on the alternative to this us to make the Ele more survivable similar to the necromancer. But really I think it is fair to say people expect elementalists to be hard hitters that get hit hard if you aren’t good at protecting yourself. At present I find the protections to be decent, but the heavy hitting not so much.

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

While I understand that a lot of people like conjures if Anet makes eles into some kind if weapon conjure class I will stop playing it. Simple put eles need damage to match their diminutive health and armor, it was clear to me that eles are intended to gun down foes before being reached just as necro is intended to outlast a for while working conditions. At present eles cannot hit hard enough to allow for this functionality.

In my option on the alternative to this us to make the Ele more survivable similar to the necromancer. But really I think it is fair to say people expect elementalists to be hard hitters that get hit hard if you aren’t good at protecting yourself. At present I find the protections to be decent, but the heavy hitting not so much.

Burst is there for Ele’s. They seem to only be struggling right now because the strong focus on condition builds and bunkers. This is the same for most non-thief power builds though. They need to find some way to reduce the power of conditions and move the meta in a way where players do more than stack gear with toughness as the primary stat.

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Hi. One question yet. Are you planing to remove this insane cond-removing of warriors? As I recall from official statements, a high HP pool = poor cleaning and vice versa. Now I do not observe this. Its understandable, in last balance patch you’ve decided to improve crying warriors. But have improved everything at once, it seems. Clearly you have gone a bit too far, making them almost immune to condition. Now I can easily kill 3-4 people at once by my cond war. Quite a cheaty, isn’kitten

they are not only immune to condis, they are godmode in wvw atm. they have too may cc, too much healing, too much condition removals, too much stability, too much immunity, too many block and next to all that they get a massive healthpool, massive toughness, massive armor and even amazing dps….

little example of the regen madness.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Can’t we get some more ANet attention on this thread? A rough idea of things to come to tide us over as we wait for another 2 weeks for any positive changes to this game?!

Posted by: Seregmir.6375

Seregmir.6375

As far as I know, Warrior can get about 790hp / sec passive, with full adrenaline, 25 sigil stacks, food, runes and of course with best items. That is about 1125 hp / sec with regeneration and 2175 hp per shout with 20, 20, 24 sec CDs. And all this with 3 k attack, 3,3 k armor and 22,7 k hp. So have fun with that…

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

As far as I know, Warrior can get about 790hp / sec passive, with full adrenaline, 25 sigil stacks, food, runes and of course with best items. That is about 1125 hp / sec with regeneration and 2175 hp per shout with 20, 20, 24 sec CDs. And all this with 3 k attack, 3,3 k armor and 22,7 k hp. So have fun with that…

They still die to power mesmer builds — don’t expect a single build from a single profession to beat any and every prof/build combo you can find. It’s more like rock/paper/scissors (and GW1 was sorta like that as well). Warrior is just the rock to your scissors right now.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Twelve days until this thing does live, so let’s recap the most important issues:
– DO change Rapid Fire and Hunter’s Shot back to their original forms.
– DO change Mug back to it’s original form.
– DO NOT change Unsteady Ground.

Posted by: Seregmir.6375

Seregmir.6375

I know that there isn’t such build that can beat everything in 1 vs 1. Still… some are too powerful, especially with HUGE lags in zerg fights, when using skills is really difficult.

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

Since all I ever play is guardian I guess I’ll provide suggestions:

4. Weapon skills. The first one I want to mention is sword skill 2. It is a nice gap closer and it blinds a person but it hits for nothing. That damage should be buffed just a little bit or add some condition to it like bleeding (I am stabbing someone).

I’d love for sword #2 NOT to require a target. Guard GS#2 doesn’t require it, neither do the war’s sword #2, or GS #3 and #5. At least the teleport should work without a target (though LoS is still required).

Sword 3 is also extremely situational. It just is not as accurate you can run to the side or just dodge backwards once to get out of range. I am not asking for big change but if it roots me I want those projectiles to hit fast and miss less or not be rooted and be slow projectiles.

Yep. Drop the root. Remove the projectile block if you feel it’d be OP w/o rooting yourself.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

hmm, for my ele… in PvE… conjures and summons should not have a 60 second time limit. conjures are already limited by charges. they’re not Tequila (Tquatl) they don’t need a DPS time limit. summons, even with more HP, disappear after 60 seconds anyway, so what’s the point? they don’t even explode when they die.

when Ele’s switch attunement, both conjures and summons should spread the elemental boons and elemental attunement spells as though they were the elementalist. basically for a double dose of the fire explosion, the speed boost, heal, etc. they would all act as sources for the “nearby” allies. allies near both the ele, and the conjured weapons, and the summoned elementals would all the the boons / buffs, and all enemies nearby the elementalist, and the conjured weapons, and the summoned elementals would all suffer from the damage.

look at the mesmer illusions, they’re limited only by “in-combat”. otherwise, the mesmer keeps spawning them and decides when to sacrifice them for other effects.

look at the necromancer monions. they get summoned, and stay till they are beaten in combat or consumed by the necromancer for other effects.

look at the elementalist summons. they die after 60 seconds no matter what. and when they die, nothing happens. no other effects. the elementalist can’t consume them for other effects. it’s a waste of two skills. one of them is elite?! and has a 3 minute cooldown. considering the NON elite one has a 45 second cooldown, the elite should be better somehow. and it’s not.

– The Baconnaire

Posted by: Avatara.1042

They still die to power mesmer builds — don’t expect a single build from a single profession to beat any and every prof/build combo you can find. It’s more like rock/paper/scissors (and GW1 was sorta like that as well). Warrior is just the rock to your scissors right now.

Everyone loses to Mesmers 1v1. Warriors are still overpowered.

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

Would be nice, if we could dodge mid-leap. (ranger sword#1)

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

Hello, engineer here. Took me 3 days of reading in my spare time, but I finally read this entire thread. I was worried for a bit. Every profession checked in (especially elementalists! good luck ppl!) but engineer feedback was sorely lacking early on. I’m glad I saw some decent engi requests and a lot of thank you’s to the devs. I know we’re the least played class but I think we should turn up more in discussions like this (and not just for cosmetic change requests).

I think the new changes for reducing RNG in our thrown potions and making our turrets a little more controllable will completely flesh out our meta and not keep us at the mercy of more specialized classes or minions. Someone in this thread requested grenades have a sort of… groundcast auto-attack, where if you hold the skill key, multiple grenade tosses will keep going to the location your mouse is at. That sounds agreeable to me, dunno how it’d affect balance though. Some just wanted all kits to be easier to use lol. I can’t say I agree with that but I would like them to carry the same damage stats our equipped weapons have.

The things I REALLY think we need looked at are:
1) flamethrower #1 has to be micromanaged with camera’s field of view. That’s terrible since it’s already a mid-range weapon. That, plus it’s cone currently has a deadzone if the enemy is greater than 30 degrees from the camera’s focal point and if the enemy is close to your character. Please have a look at this, Arenanet. I know you can fix it.

2) Our rocket boots are awesome, no lie. But they still stall on landing and leave us stuck in place depending on the amount of other players around and terrain. This happens while holding W key AND during autorun, and very often during normal play.

3) And this is a system-wide change. Please keep the enemy lifebars and condition/boon mouseovers from taking focus from groundcast skills. I’ll be in the heat of battle, and if my camera is angled 3/4 overhead and I go anywhere near the targeted enemy lifebar, my groundcast skills will fire at my character’s feet instead of the area I’m aiming at. Groundcasting works fine without a target selected, but If I have an enemy selected, grenades become unreliable and rifle #5 jumpshot has a much lower chance of going anywhere at all.

4) Mortar elite skill is currently realllly glitchy and bad, and just number tweaks won’t fix it. Please allow it’s targeting to have the range freedom of grenades, with maybe a wider spread. If target is too close, mortar becomes unusable.

Note to other engineers: pistol 2 currently it works best at mid and close range (regardless of traits) because of the firing spread. It is really great while kiting within about 600 units of your target, but please don’t think it’s broken because of how it works.

(edited by johnsonade.9547)

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

Also for engineer I request that you buff the took kit. Please increase range of all melee skills to 180 instead of 130. The #1 skill chain is lacking in both damage and speed for a melee range attack. It’d also be awesome if the #1 skill chain and Throw Wrench toolbelt skill would reduce cooldown a bit on each deployed turret’s overcharge that those skills hit.

For #2 Box of Nails, I’d like the either a “Revealed” debuff or at least some animation to show that a stealthed opponent is walking on them. I campaigned for torment on toolkit #2, but if we can’t get that condition then definitely I’d like anti-stealth tech, if not that then at least let turrets target stealthed opponents. The meta that perma-stealthed character can dictate a fight from ambush to retreat just isn’t even enjoyable, especially since engineer setups for spike damage are really long chains with no guaranteed crits outside of sigils. I can CC all day, but that doesn’t matter if my opponent gets to run away with impunity, AoE guesses notwithstanding.

#3’s okay but I’d like more range on the cleave arc.

The #4 Gear Shield seems fine.

And #5 Magnet Pull just needs a reduction in cast time and I’d be really happy.

Thanks again!

(edited by johnsonade.9547)

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Jonathan Sharp, thank you for all that you do and the rest of the teams as well! It is so very much appreciated!

Regarding your statement of:
“Can now tab target if your character can see the target (Was dependent on camera before)”

My question is this:
Is your use of the word “see” used with the meaning of “in the actual line of sight of the character”, to where one cannot tab target/target nearest an enemy due to obstruction of the character’s line of sight? Or “see” meaning “in the direction the character is facing regardless of if the enemy is above or below them and is also obstructed by the environment”?

I ask this because, in the situation of an enemy being in the direction my character is facing, but it is below my character and obscured by the edge of a cliff, will it still be a viable target for tab target and target nearest as it currently is in the game?

I do not feel that an enemy that is not visible in either my character’s line of sight, or even my camera’s line of sight, is far below my character’s position and is also obscured by ground/walls/boulders should be a viable enemy to be selected via ‘tab target’ or ‘target nearest’, especially since attacks on this obscured enemy will not land due to being obscured.

Also, target nearest tends to target this enemy that is far away from me, below me, and obscured by terrain instead of the 3 that are eating my face right in front of me or right next to me.

Will these changes correct this undesired targeting behavior?

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Ark Haven.3701

Ark Haven.3701

Elementalist Earth staff #4 – Unsteady ground has one clear advantage in its current form over the proposed change.

You can cripple champions, but trying to block them with crowd control is mostly useless due to defiant. I’d much rather have the cripple effect in PvE, I admit in WvWvW the barrier would probably be better.

Posted by: RakaNishoo.6071

RakaNishoo.6071

Hello,

I just want to point out that this change:

Power Break also saw an improvement, as it now grants stability to nearby allies.

As it currently works, could be exploited by taking following traits:
Harmonious Mantras (3 charges)
Mantra Mastery (20% recharge)
+100% boon duration

This gives 20s recharge on Mantra of Concentration, while providing 4s of stability per use, which totals to 12s of stability. After taking into consideration that recharge starts after final use, you get about 50% of stability up time.

2x Mesmer = Perm Stability.

Do you really want that?

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

I had a look at all Ranger skills.

These things must happen:
- all ranger AoE and Cleave skills hit 5 targets instead of 3.
- cast time removed from ‘Guard’.
- cast time removed from ‘Signet of the Wild’.
- pet swap cooldown lowered for dead pets.
- ‘Search & Rescue’ requires a valid downed target and won’t activate without it.

These things should happen:
- pet gains evade on player dodge.
- pet “shadowsteps” to its target with ‘Search & Rescue’. Pet is also healed to full health.
- pet “shadowsteps” to the player with ‘Lick Wounds’ (downed skill). Pet is also healed to full health.
- pet “shadowsteps” to the player on F3.
- ‘Signet of Renewal’ revives the pet before activation. Pet swap goes on full cooldown if a pet was revived.
- ‘Protect Me’ revives the pet before activation. Pet swap goes on full cooldown if a pet was revived.
- ‘Search & Rescue’ revives the pet before activation. Pet swap goes on full cooldown if a pet was revived.

(edited by Holland.9351)

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

My post its all about pve
I play ele till d1 and i feel good for any content, we just need more healing power and toughness as base and a powerfull defensive elite

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Is this patch going to address the problem with Putrid Mark not transferring conditions from allies? Thanks!

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Ranger
Sick ‘Em will now apply ‘Revealed” to enemies they target. We want to introduce some counter play to Stealth (players have asked for that for a while), so we thought a pet “catching your scent” might be a cool way to insinuate some anti-stealth into the game.

You cannot introduce anti stealth for just one class !
how about 2 classes, imo engineers are much better suited for stealth detection, hello ! they use technology, which makes more sense than a stupid pet having stealth detection

Posted by: Aldain.2380

Aldain.2380

Bring back Mug to its original form and i will be happy

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

“sick ’em” should be renamed to “sniff ’em” if this change is happening.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Ranger
Sick ‘Em will now apply ‘Revealed” to enemies they target. We want to introduce some counter play to Stealth (players have asked for that for a while), so we thought a pet “catching your scent” might be a cool way to insinuate some anti-stealth into the game.

how about 2 classes, imo engineers are much better suited for stealth detection, hello ! they use technology, which makes more sense than a stupid pet having stealth detection

Necros could also be given a detect living ability. After all they are used to dealing with the dead, they should be able to sense when life is present.

Posted by: Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Other Misc. fixes:
Tab Targeting Improvements

• Now prioritizes Champs/Legendary, then players/clones, then everything else

First of why the clones? I dont like targeting clones

Of course you don’t, that’s the whole purpose of Mesmer. What’s the point of playing a mesmer with clones when everyone knows right away which is the real you simply by tab targeting?

There needs to be a split here between PVE and WVW/PVP. There is no point to target a player in PVE and it only adds to frustrating gameplay!

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Ranger

Agreed, since too many scrubs use permastealth, giving my class a bad name. I don’t rely on that exploit.

OP’d thief, lol

Posted by: Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Cinnamon Goddess.3869

How about addressing the toughness trait especially with light armor classes. I can have the same or more toughness as a heavy class but I will still take more damage and die faster than them. This is illogical and needs to be fixed. I would already be making a damage sacrifice to get that toughness I should see a benefit for doing so. If I am dying all the time then why even play.

Dying and being punished with repair and teleport fees ruins the game experience for me and should be fixed. that being said Please reduce the cost of repair and make the same amount of costs require like 4 times as many deaths. Remove waypoint fees from the game! GW1 didn’t have this and it should be that way in GW2. If you want people to play together this only interferes with that. I am not going to help someone with some quick and small if it is going to cost me 4 silver to do this. You make plenty of money from the TP and the Gem exchange please remove these completely annoying WP fees!

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Class balance:

Elementalist
We’re working on the staff in an effort to make it a stronger support weapon, and we also improved the conjure weapons so that they’re stronger for support. You’ll see improvements to all 4 of the conjure weapons to make them stronger and better for support.

But there are 5 conjure weapons? Stone shield, ice bow, fgs, LH and flame axe.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

Class balance:

Elementalist
We’re working on the staff in an effort to make it a stronger support weapon, and we also improved the conjure weapons so that they’re stronger for support. You’ll see improvements to all 4 of the conjure weapons to make them stronger and better for support.

I’m guessing they don’t count the shield as a weapon since it’s not used for attacks. Just my guess. I could be totally wrong and he actually meant 5 and made typo.

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Class balance:

Elementalist

I’m guessing they don’t count the shield as a weapon since it’s not used for attacks. Just my guess. I could be totally wrong and he actually meant 5 and made typo.

I don’t think the FGS needs any boosts. There are 4 Conjure Weapons and 1 Elite Conjure Weapon, maybe he meant only the non-elites.

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

Class balance:

Elementalist

nah, they are not considering FGS as it is ELITE.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I don’t think the FGS needs any boosts. There are 4 Conjure Weapons and 1 Elite Conjure Weapon, maybe he meant only the non-elites

Cast while moving would be awesome…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Azzer.8137

Azzer.8137

Any updates to Axe Necromancers in PvE?, we’re not good for anything atm, Dagger power builds and Scepter Condi builds blow Axe necros far away, I want to use my Legendary axe on necro for something in PvE/dungeons but it’s just so hard to really play with, atleast give axe 3 a blast finisher and skill number 1 remove Vulnerability and give axe a cleave instead, not many cares about Vulnerability anyway this way you will also give Cleave to necromancers which we need.

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Remove ranged requirement on ranger longbow and leave its base damage at the 1000+ level. That’s what I want most.

Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

Hi. One question yet. Are you planing to remove this insane cond-removing of warriors? As I recall from official statements, a high HP pool = poor cleaning and vice versa. Now I do not observe this. Its understandable, in last balance patch you’ve decided to improve crying warriors. But have improved everything at once, it seems. Clearly you have gone a bit too far, making them almost immune to condition. Now I can easily kill 3-4 people at once by my cond war. Quite a cheaty, isn’kitten

they are not only immune to condis, they are godmode in wvw atm. they have too may cc, too much healing, too much condition removals, too much stability, too much immunity, too many block and next to all that they get a massive healthpool, massive toughness, massive armor and even amazing dps….

little example of the regen madness.

broken as hell the game is.

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

A little background… I’ve mained an elementalist for over 6 months. Over that time I’ve played a considerable amount of casual and competitive pvp (currently rank 45). Yes, I’m frustrated with the state of the profession in this area of the game. Yes, I think it’s a real problem and that anet is largely at fault. And yes, I don’t think they take our criticisms very seriously. I’m not sure if this is due to a lack of experience or interest on the part of the devs, or if it’s the intricacies of the profession itself, that are hindering a proper response to this issue. But the ele is most certainly not ok. This upcoming patch, and surely the one to follow, will do very little that I can see to improve this state of affairs. All I can do is suggest a few changes, informed by my own experiences, and the experiences of those I’ve played with. I have zero expectation that any of this will ever happen.

Staff

Fire

• Fireball: Decrease cast time from 1 to 3/4 second and increase the velocity by 20%. Lower base damage slightly.
  • Lavafont: Add an eruption immediately after casting and/or apply 1 second of burning per tick.
  • Flameburst: Add a burst effect within a small radius (90-120) for aoe damage.
  • Meteor Shower: Increase impacts between meteors (make it closer to firestorm) and/or increase base damage.

Water

• Water Blast: Increase aoe healing impact radius to 360 and increase velocity by 20%.

Air

• Chain Lightning: Move this to the #2 skill. Increase base damage to match a 6-8 second cool down.
  • Lightning Surge: Move this to the #1 skill. Increase cast time to 3 seconds and turn it into a channeling skill.
  • Gust: Move this to the #4 skill. Rather than push foes in a line, it releases a cone-shaped aoe knockback. Increase cool down to 40 seconds.
  • Windborne Speed: Move this to the #3 skill.

Earth

• Stoning: Increase velocity by 20%. Decrease weakness duration from 3 to 2.5 seconds.
  • Shockwave: Increase immobilize duration to 2.5 seconds. Increase bleeding from 1 to 4 stacks. Increase duration to 40 seconds.

Scepter

Fire

• Flamestrike: Decrease cast time from 1 ¼ to 1 second.

Water

• Ice Shards: Add 20% projectile finisher.
  • Shatterstone: Make it explode after 1 second rather than 2. Increase radius from 180 to 240.
  • Water Trident: In addition to to healing it also applies regeneration. Increase radius from 180 to 240.

Earth

• Stone Shards: Increase bleeding duration from 6 to 8 seconds.

Dagger

Fire

• Fire Grab: Make it easier to land this attack successfully.

Water

• Vapor Blade: Increase vulnerability duration from 6 to 8 seconds. Increase base damage.

Air

• Lightning Touch: Add a 2 second daze.
  • Ride the Lightning: Increase range from 1,200 to 1,500.

Earth

• Impale: Increase range from 300 to 600.

Focus

Fire

• Flamewall: Double the effective width of the flamewall.
  • Fireshield: Grant an additional 3 stacks of might when cast.

Water

• Freezing Gust: Increase base damage.
  • Comet: Make it easier to land this attack successfully.

Air

• Swirling Winds: Add aoe swiftness.
  • Gale: Increase knockdown duration from 2 to 3 seconds.

Conjured Weapons

General

• Remove charges.
  • Make conjured weapons a secondary weapon set.
  • Allow them to be cast instantly (like engineer kits).

Wow. You must have fantasies of the days when eles were insanely OP.

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Ranger

Agreed, since too many scrubs use permastealth, giving my class a bad name. I don’t rely on that exploit.

Too many scrubs complain about too many things.

Posted by: wolverine.5164

wolverine.5164

As a Warrior main, with a full signet build the changes ur about to make r completly useless and that is for many other builds, shrug it off is the worst trait in game for sure itll be better if u guys remove it from game instead of moving lung capacity and ruining others ppl builds like my self cause im pretty sure empowered will be moved to master. as for a reminder warriors are ment to be WARRIORS NOT MONKS!, thank you for ur time and cosideration.

Posted by: Zen.9137

Zen.9137

As an engineer main, I’m happy to see the updates to the class, though I’d really like to see the base health/armor of all turrets increased. Even with the trait that reduces damage to turrets by 30 percent, They still won’t be viable for dungeon play. With that trait, the turrets last a little longer in PvE and WvW, perhaps in PvP as well, and by that I mean there’s less chance of enemies “one-shotting” your turrets. But in dungeons and world boss events, trait or no trait, turrets are usually insta-killed. If the devs could make them stand stronger, so that their effects can really be felt throughout a fight I would finally be at peace with A-net. There was so much talk that “engineer is the closest thing to Ritualist your’e gonna get in GW2” . . . . and I can see their point because when I play open world PvE, I run 3 turrets and I get that old Ritualist feeling again. Then a Champ comes along or I deploy one in a dungeon and my day dreams are shattered. My idea would have the health/armor of the turrets scale off of the Vitality/Toughness of the player using them, much like how the condition damage caused by turrets is directly linked to the players Malice.

Bad Was Heizenberg / Sylvari Engineer / Ehmry Bay

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Don’t know if mentioned, but

• Pets should autotrack stealth targets WITHOUT spell applied. It won’t ruin the game if we need to check a little dumb stupidAI pet running after the invisible target. Animals sniff’ it by basic!!
  • Good point to have Stealth on longbow, but smart people tracking me down by following the pet. Yes. Pets remain visible and people can track us down while in stealth…
  • Please check my ranger redesign topic again and consider making those weapon skill changes at least.
  • Ayeh. And more but better armors (D&D), more customization!
Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

If Ranger pets can sniff out a stealthed target, then you should add the same ability to the Norn beastie forms. It would be nice to see someone in PvP who is not an Asuran.

Posted by: wolverine.5164

wolverine.5164

Dear Arenanet and supporters, pls do not move the “Empowered trait” from the adept tier for warriors. do everything else but that.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

An option I’d really like to see is smart ground targeting when targeting areas that are out of range.

Like if I use a 900 range teleport, but I cast it at 1000 range, then it still casts at it’s maximum 900 range in the direction of where I tried to cast it. Instead, right now it just fails until you target within range, which usually means you’ll waste like 100 range.

This would be a huge QOL change.

Posted by: Cronicle.5691

Cronicle.5691

please devs. Fix or look at improvisation trait in thief deadly arts.

This has been a broken trait since beta and its time to get a remake with this october trait revamp.

Posted by: Avatara.1042

An option I’d really like to see is smart ground targeting when targeting areas that are out of range.

Like if I use a 900 range teleport, but I cast it at 1000 range, then it still casts at its maximum 900 range in the direction of where I tried to cast it. Instead, right now it just fails until you target within range, which usually means you’ll waste like 100 range.

This would be a huge QOL change.

+1. Especially for the teleport spells.

Posted by: Samael.7185

Samael.7185

Proud engi-4-lyfe chiming in here!

Some nice changes planned there for the future! Definately liking the more reliable elixir effects! Much needed stability proc is really nice. Turret changes were good too, can’t complain there. Just make sure they’re affected by the HP increase of summons!

Here are Some Engineer changes my other mechanical comrades and I have long wished for;

-Turrets: They need to scale off of power! Can’t stress enough how important this is, it doesn’t need to be a high scale just somewhat so we have some incentive to keep them out past overloading them and that they’re actually useful for power builds. Hoping that the summon HP change will affect these too, Right now they’re incredibly under-used for their actual damage due to them being insta-gibbed in almost any setting where aoe is Involved. Perhaps a fix for the future would be to give them wheels, they follow you out of combat but when you initiate combat, they plant themselves in the ground, become unable to attack for 2 seconds then start to attack your target (in line with your turret fix). If any of you played WoW turrets can be infuriating like static totem buffs for the shaman (30 yard range) except your totems/turrets now have a 30
sec CD.

-Kits: Just a couple QoL changes for these, some kits like FT need better scaling (for example, scaling with weapon strength maybe? (making sigils proc was a step in the right direction). Grenade kit, now I like that the skills 2-5 are ground targeted, this makes them very useful in many settings, However, skill 1 really needs to be reworked in order to be auto-aimed ala rifle/pistol style or somewhat. Example of why this needs to be changed, you put auto-cast on EVERY weapon in the game except this one??, It’s a serious turn off for many players and makes your arms REALLY tired after spamming the 1 key for an hour. Plus the only viable way to use them is using ‘Fast-cast ground targeting’ which makes other ground target spells much less fun to use (Seriously, carpal-tunnel guys, the silent playerbase killer). Bomb kit is fine IMO, Elixir gun Fumigate could hit yourself, its incredibly annoying when you die from conditions while you save your whole party. Tool Kit also fine, though magnet pull could use a cast speed increase, same with box of nails.

-Weapons: On this note the engi 1 skill with the harpoon guns needs major rework too, not for damage or effect just increase the bloody cast time and projectile speed! It’s got a cast time and the projectile is as slow as the old guardian sceptre 1 skill! Pistol skill 1 needs a slight increase too, a slight bleed duration increase would do, as of now it’s quite lacking in terms of stacking bleeds past 6-8 (I don’t see stacks past 10 even with other spells, crit traits, condition runes and bleed sigil). A potential fix is making the trait ‘15% chance to bleed on explosion’ affect skill 1 ‘EXPLODING shot’ on the pistol. Elite elixir skill needs a re-work too, we need a plague cloud option (like underwater) because right now it’s useless for damage for a condition specced engi apart from the variable/random CC and stability. All other spells are pretty much decent options (with the exception of RNG on elixirs, but you guys got that covered).

-Visuals: Don’t skip over this, it’s almost the most important. Make an option to toggle kit backpacks on and off with toggling your own back skin on and off. You spend many man hours designing awesome back skins (Including the slick pack, a perfect engi skin) and make the VERY poor looking ‘Hobosacks’ (many threads on this look it up on the class forum) cover it up when you spawn them! You can add an aura symbol and okitteneep the weapon on hand to allow others to see what you’re using. Seriously guys, get on this.

-As a last parting note, consider adding a melee weapon option outside of kits! Mace is more or less covered by the toolkit but I think there’s a big gap in potential and a melee weapon like the axe for main hand (or possibly off hand too) could fill! Maybe with an electric theme of some kind? You guys figure it out! ^^