Only 10 Daily Achivements?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Euler.3259

Euler.3259

I feel like the number of daily achievements are super low considering that sPvP got added into the mix. Now I only have a choice of 6 non-WvW, non-sPvP dailies? That really sucks. What happened to daily gather being one every. Single. Day.

Posted by: Abaia.1365

Abaia.1365

I noticed that too. I hope it’s a bug.

Posted by: Racurn.5921

Racurn.5921

And from the opposite perspective, I only have 2 WvW and 2 sPvP options? I’m generally a carebear, but this hardly seems fair.

Posted by: Argodis.2514

Argodis.2514

I think it’s part of ANet’s plan to get players to experience both PvE and PvP. Personally, I think the new system is dumb. You have less options now and are forced to do things you may not like in order to complete your daily.

Posted by: Euler.3259

Euler.3259

Well – generally the GW2 plan is to reward people less for the things they have been doing and like doing, in order to get people to do other things. So yea, I guess that makes sense.

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Haven’t they learnt from 7 years of GW1 that it’s not a good idea to try to force players to play the way they don’t want to play!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Really don’t want to be pushed into PvP or WvW just to get my daily. Always had 5-8 non WvW choices before.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

they took away daily gatherer

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

they took away daily gatherer

And it might be there tomorrow.

Honestly, I felt that it being there every day was it working not as intended. But that’s just me.

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

I used to be able to find 5 things that were tolerable on nearly every daily. Now I see that almost never happening. Guess I won’t be logging in much. Maybe that’s their plan…

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Huh, I hadn’t noticed that… I’ll miss being able to get about 10-12 AP every day, but on the plus side, since I don’t PvP, I guess this frees up more time for me to do other things.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah, i’m in the same situation as Zaxares. usually everyday i did as much as i can, 10-12 dailies, not including pvp.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Arzo.8671

Arzo.8671

I’m in the same boat as above. I looked forward to playing each day, by focusing on getting my dailies done. When I had time I would do as many as possible but when I didn’t, I liked that I had multiple choices so I could get them done quickly. I won’t be joining wvw or pvp just do do dailies. If I don’t like a part of the game, I’m not going to play it. I’m hoping this is a bug because if it’s not, I see myself playing a lot less and spending a lot less money on this game in the future.

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I want daily activity back! Also, add more dailies.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, there seems to be 6 PvE Dailies today, plus one WvW one that you can get without actually doing any WvW, if you want to spend for it.

Skill Point Accumulator
Daily Kills
Recycler
Daily Events
Condition Remover
Daily Aquatic Slayer

Not sure why some say they cant get their Daily by doing only PvE activities today.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Well, there seems to be 6 PvE Dailies today, plus one WvW one that you can get without actually doing any WvW, if you want to spend for it.

Skill Point Accumulator
Daily Kills
Recycler
Daily Events
Condition Remover
Daily Aquatic Slayer

Not sure why some say they cant get their Daily by doing only PvE activities today.

That won’t be bad for me, though I’ll be sad at losing the ability to pick up a few ‘extra’ APs every day doing some of the extras I could do beyond the 5. There were usually 8-10 things to do each day.

Edit: Wait…how do you do a WvW one without WvW?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Skill Point Accumulator
Daily Kills
Recycler
Daily Events
Condition Remover
Daily Aquatic Slayer

That won’t be bad for me, though I’ll be sad at losing the ability to pick up a few ‘extra’ APs every day doing some of the extras I could do beyond the 5. There were usually 8-10 things to do each day.

Edit: Wait…how do you do a WvW one without WvW?

You can buy rank with Liquid World Experience.

Takes laurels and badges of honor. The latter of which is awarded via achievement point chests so unless you’re a new player, you should have enough.

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Anet just don’t seem to get that some people only like 1 mode of the game. They keep trying to make the players “like” the other modes. Sigh. What is supposed to be more options became less options. Going backwards anet.

Posted by: hip.8435

hip.8435

No one is making you play a certain way. Dailies are the cookie jar at the top of the cupboard that should easily attained by those willing to branch out into other modes.

Right now, I have a buddy that only wants to WvW. I have another that only wants to PvE. I like all of the modes, but I’m mostly interested in PvP. This is a clever way of trying to convince the buddy who wants nothing to do with PvP/WvW to at least give it a shot.

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

And if they still don’t like the mode , they still have to play it anyway if they wanted to complete the daily. I don’t pvp and i don’t like wvw even though i did do it for sake of world completion and achievements. Luckily pve has enough daily to complete daily by itself but others might not like it too much.

Posted by: Menaki.6329

Menaki.6329

On a good day, the daily quest could finished in WvW within 10 minutes. Conquer a defended tower, when champion, player kills, conquer tower and something with conditions/dodge/veterans is in the list , visit the laurel trader or buy something for you badges and you daily is done. I hope this will be still possible in the future. Sometimes I’m doing the daily quest only in pve and it takes forever in my eyes.

[KILL] – Jade Quarry

Posted by: Raven.7839

Raven.7839

I miss daily gatherer too. I don’t do PVP or WvW and think they should be separate from the PVE achievements.

Posted by: Flintgold.5761

Flintgold.5761

Hate the reduced and limited daily selection and not to wild about the unidentified dye laurel price shooting up but most of the patch is good. Kinda 5 steps forward, 2 steps back so at least we are moving ahead.

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

What the new combined dailies system should have been like:

Have at least 8 dailies from each of the 3 game modes so players can complete their daily by playing exclusively the gamemode they want, and have the option of completing it faster if they want to mix and match game modes.

This current implementation is a huge step backwards IMO. The old system at least showed the bare minimum of respect for players’ freedom to play the way they want due to the sheer number of options available to complete the daily.

Trying to manipulate players into playing the way YOU want is not going to work out well in the long term. In fact, even in the short term it will impact your player retention rates.

Keep a close eye on those login/daily completion stats, ANet. Hopefully you can realize what a horrible decision this was before it’s too late.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Have at least 8 dailies from each of the 3 game modes so players can complete their daily by playing exclusively the gamemode they want, and have the option of completing it faster if they want to mix and match game modes.

This current implementation is a huge step backwards IMO. The old system at least showed the bare minimum of respect for players’ freedom to play the way they want due to the sheer number of options available to complete the daily.

Trying to manipulate players into playing the way YOU want is not going to work out well in the long term. In fact, even in the short term it will impact your player retention rates.

Keep a close eye on those login/daily completion stats, ANet. Hopefully you can realize what a horrible decision this was before it’s too late.

Likely, one of the reasons it was streamlined is because many people were unhappy because they felt the need to do every Daily offered. It is too bad for the rest of the population.

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

Likely, one of the reasons it was streamlined is because many people were unhappy because they felt the need to do every Daily offered. It is too bad for the rest of the population.

This should be a non-issue for those people now since there is now a cap on achievement points from dailies. The people who feel the need to do every Daily offered should have long since reached that cap by now.

Even if this wasn’t the case, I don’t see how it is acceptable to degrade everybody else’s gaming experience for those few players. It doesn’t make sense from a ethical or business standpoint.

(edited by Kaon.7192)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, many of those people didn’t complain about the Leaderboards, but having the compulsion to do every Daily offered. And, then there were those that were concerned about their place on the Leaderboards.

Maybe if enough people complain about the lack of a wide variety of Daily and/or Monthly Achievement choices, ArenaNet will change it, yet again. Here’s to hoping! =)

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

daily gatherer and daily activity … I loved having them constant. Could always count on those 2… and I’d easily get 3 others. Now dailies are going to feel more grindy as I cant pik the ones I like.
and pvp dailies do no count as a choice to me.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Huh, I hadn’t noticed that… I’ll miss being able to get about 10-12 AP every day, but on the plus side, since I don’t PvP, I guess this frees up more time for me to do other things.

No one forced you to chase ap.

plus a better fix would have been to not let dailies count for a after the first 5.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Reducing the number of options for daily is a bad ideea. And for the PvP players, how is it fair to only have 2 PvP daily achievements!? Is attaining daily reward still possible for the PvP-only player?

The number of options should have at least stayed the same, if not been increased. If ANet wants people to start playing other game modes, this is not the way, it will only make people kittened. What would have been a better solution was to give more rewards to someone who completes his daily by doing achievements from 2 categories, and even more for someone who completes achievements from all 3 categories. This way, the people only interested in one aspect of the game would still get the basic reward, but they would be enticed (not forced) to do a bit more for the extra reward.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Another change for the worse? Why i am not surprised.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: derpy.7236

derpy.7236

i am rather upset about this. i have no interest in PvP or any of that. it seems like Anet is trying to force me to play something i have no interest in playing. the game was better before the patch, i did not mind it being empty and quiet because i could always find something i was interested in…………………..

Posted by: iFruit.6190

iFruit.6190

What? People should be able to get the daily done by any separate activity – WvW/sPvP/PvE.

I do not intend to spend time in PvE anymore. I do not intend to play sPvP while the tournament is on. This is wrong. Gonna have to quit doing them altogether.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Yeah, I definitely do not like this at all. They can merge the paths into a single daily if they like, but if so they still need at least 7-8 pure PvE ones and the rest can be WvW/PvP. Don’t even think for a second that you’re going to lure me into PvPing by putting objectives in there, just accept that I do not enjoy it and move on. The more they try to nudge me into PvP, the less interested I am in playing at all.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Yeah, I definitely do not like this at all. They can merge the paths into a single daily if they like, but if so they still need at least 7-8 pure PvE ones and the rest can be WvW/PvP. Don’t even think for a second that you’re going to lure me into PvPing by putting objectives in there, just accept that I do not enjoy it and move on. The more they try to nudge me into PvP, the less interested I am in playing at all.

This is exactly what they should have considered. Instead of improving the whole structure of PvP they just add some rewards that are pretty much worthless.

They tried really hard to have all those modes integrated together but it could really never be good enough solution. Short term there will be a lot more people in PvP trying out those reward tracks and other stuff, but not so long after that it will be dead as it ever was.

It needs proper structure. People have to be motivated to actually compete. To win, to have a reason for trying hard in PvP. And PvE people should never be forced into it. It should be there as an option if they want to, but it shouldn’t ever get in the way of their PvE play.

Make PvP better, more organised, with proper structure and then trying so hard to get more people in will never be needed. People will want to play it just because it’s fun and they will be motivated.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I do not find the selection of daily’s useful for new MMO players. New MMO players are not easily able to do WvW or PvP. Also for the sPvP players there is not that many dailies available for them.

Please increase the options available on the dailies.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

I haven’t logged on since the update, does it mean that I have to now get into PvP and WvW in order to complete my daily quest? Seriously, Anet? I dislike both, especially WvW since I’m playing on a really old rig and it barely handles champ fight leave alone WvW. :/

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

What I expected was for the new dailies to ‘transfer’…so for example, to have a daily kill variety of 8, with each profession in sPvP counting as 1, but each profession in WvW too, and then of course every mob in PvE.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I haven’t logged on since the update, does it mean that I have to now get into PvP and WvW in order to complete my daily quest? Seriously, Anet? I dislike both, especially WvW since I’m playing on a really old rig and it barely handles champ fight leave alone WvW. :/

No, there is a list of the PvE Daily for today further up in this thread.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

No, there is a list of the PvE Daily for today further up in this thread.

Just noticed, thank you!

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Roguey.3276

Roguey.3276

signed… (as in put back the Daily Achievements amount)

I agree, the reduction of Daily Achievements is just plain stupid. I dont want to play PvP, just PvE. I dont want to feel forced to play PvP.

If I cant complete 5 Daily Achievements (for the reward) then I wont bother too much with them. If that happens, then I will start missing days off…

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

You can get the daily. People are complaining they can’t get more than the daily for extra achievement points like they did a day ago.

Today you could, in PvE, do one of five.

Daily Aquatic Slayer
Daily Kills
Skill Point Accumlator
Condition Remover
Recycler
Daily Events

Plus you can get world ranker in WvW without ever PvPing. You just use 2 laurels and 50 badges of honor to buy a couple of ranks (which some people do).

I think considering that kills, skill point and events are pretty much something you do every day anyway, asking you to spend 2 minutes in a place like wayfarers and recycle 10 things probably shouldn’t be too difficult for most people.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I thought that was an error at first…

When they said “merged”, it clearly meant we got more options. But no! I’m forced to do more of what I don’t want to now if I’m eager to get that laurel.

Why? Is forcing people to do things they don’t like the ANet’s concept of “enjoyment” and “achievement”?

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: chemie banger.9624

chemie banger.9624

Agreed with a lot of you.
In my timezone in Australia I’ve not found PvP or WvW much fun but enjoyed chasing around doing the other dailies.
I reckon ppl will miss getting a few dailies and start to lose interest in the game generally.
I got a new char spot on special to level over easter but now I might invest my time elsewhere (ESO maybe ???)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

If they were concern with players earning too many achievement points every day from a large combined PvP/PvE daily category, then only count the first five done. I always had (well for a very long time) a choice for 8 or so non-WvW achievements for my five PvE daily. I don’t play WvW often. I don’t feel driven to earn WXP. Aren’t WvW zones already full?

Please don’t lock up laurels like this.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Jan.6809

Jan.6809

The PvP and PvE daily and monthly achievements will be merged. There will be enough achievements that you will be able to complete your dailies and monthlies entirely in PvE, WvW, or PvP if you like – but you can also dabble in different game modes and complete your achievements by playing a mix of content.

From: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-reward-tracks-and-gear-unification/

When I read this I expected that the amount of available dailies would be higher than the 12 that were in the PvE/WvW section before the update. Now there are only 10, a fact that, in my view, stands in high contrast to the announcement above.

Perhaps ANet wants to motivate us to play game modes that we have not played in the past (or not so often), but I think that this a rather contraproductive way to archive that goal.
I (and very likely many others) can’t play the game for hours every day. So, let’s say that today I can spend one hour with GW2. I have to choose between doing the stuff I like and getting the dailies done.

I think the main reason why dailies and monthlies exist is to give players a motivation to play the game regularly (ideally on a daily basis). But this doesn’t really work if for this kind of motivation, another one (doing thinks I like) needs to stand back.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

The new monthly system is just essentially both monthlies merged, but when they merged the daylies there’s suddenly less of them? I don’t get the logic behind it. I know though that I’m more likely not to do the daily and even not to play that day than I am to play what I don’t like. I really hope that it’s a glitch. Most other things were very glitchy after all.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Downvoting daily change.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: TimIsOnTheInternet.5946

TimIsOnTheInternet.5946

I like that PvE and PvP dailies and monthlies are combined, but having only ten dailies out of both is very limiting. I was hoping that they would literally just combine the two pools, and I remain hopeful that they’ll fix this, dare I say, mistake.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I hate the dailies change. Only 6 to chose from if you don’t care about PvP (and yes, WvW is also PvP). If this is the way Anet wants us to do the “other” game modes, then I’m severely disappointed by them. Forcing people to do things they don’t want to do to get the things they could get without doing that before is bad in my eyes.