Only 10 Daily Achivements?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Logos.1306

Logos.1306

this is the “play as you want” that we hear from anet from time to time. lies..

I really dont like the new daily.

look at what they said last time:

Choose Your Own Daily Achievements

With our new selectable achievement system, you’ll have a chance to set new daily challenges for yourself and to choose what kind of content you want to be rewarded for playing.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

With our new selectable achievement system, you’ll have a chance to set new daily challenges for yourself and to choose what kind of content you want to be rewarded for playing.

Yep, no doubt they are trying to make people move towards PvP and vice versa because it’s easier and cheaper than building new content. Play as they want you to is fast becoming the norm here.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Yep, no doubt they are trying to make people move towards PvP and vice versa because it’s easier and cheaper than building new content. Play as they want you to is fast becoming the norm here.

With these changes they’re encouraging a move all right… to another game!

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I’m not a huge fan of combining the two daily categories and making less options, but what can you do. They will always have 5 options in PvE:

I believe last night’s was Kills, Aquatic Kills (these two can be completed in ~5min in the spot north of Grawlenfjord), Condition Remover (should just come naturally during play), Skill Points (scrolls make this doable in ~5secs, or hop on an alt and grab some easy close ones), Daily Events (plenty of spots in 1-15 zones with quick event chains, plus now they show on map where events are regardless of vicinity, which is awesome ~15min), Personal Story (this one would be optional because you should have already gotten your daily, but ~10min depending on what step you’re on).

All in all, daily can still be completed in under 30min, so I have to say I’m completely unaffected.

Sure it throws off your routine, but if you actually look at what is required of these dailies, they are pretty easy and quick. Personal Story is the only one that I typically groan when I see, but really we’re talking 10min on that one. Plus, some of the missions aren’t half bad.

If I think about all of the different dailies in rotation, the ones I typically skip are: Personal Story, and the Events ones. Only because it has been easier to just gather and do Activity, but the dailies used to always require 5 events (for those that remember) so I have some good spots already for that.

So what’s left?

Veteran Kills (easy)
X Zone kills (easy)
X Zone Veteran (easy)
Gatherer (easy)
Crafter (easy)
Mystic Forge (easy)
Ambient (easy)
Laurel Vendor (easy)
Activity (easy)
X zone events (medium-ish)
Champion (easy)

Basically last night/today’s daily was the worst possible configuration you could get, and it was still easy…

People are only upset because their routines have changed.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Taniniver BlindDragon.9503

Taniniver BlindDragon.9503

I don’t normally post on these forums, but I felt an exception was worthwhile for this.

Please restore more choices to the daily achievements. Assuming I don’t want to do PvP or WvW, today I have a choice of 6 different things and have to do 5 of them if I want the daily.

I appreciate that you want people to experience all the game has to offer, but this is not the right way to go about it. I don’t play PvP at all and have no desire to. I do a little WvW, but I know players who don’t do that either. Please don’t try to force your players to play how YOU want them to, let us play how WE want to.

With the previous system and lots of choices you could reasonably get the daily just by general PvE play, without having to select what you were going to do based on the daily achievements. Now with the reduced choice you need to do certain things or miss out on the daily reward. Not happy.

Posted by: DavidH.7380

DavidH.7380

I don’t normally post on these forums, but I felt an exception was worthwhile for this.

Please restore more choices to the daily achievements. Assuming I don’t want to do PvP or WvW, today I have a choice of 6 different things and have to do 5 of them if I want the daily.

I appreciate that you want people to experience all the game has to offer, but this is not the right way to go about it. I don’t play PvP at all and have no desire to. I do a little WvW, but I know players who don’t do that either. Please don’t try to force your players to play how YOU want them to, let us play how WE want to.

With the previous system and lots of choices you could reasonably get the daily just by general PvE play, without having to select what you were going to do based on the daily achievements. Now with the reduced choice you need to do certain things or miss out on the daily reward. Not happy.

Exactly my feelings as well… 5 out of 6 leaves little choice in PvE play for doing the daily. Depending on what the 6 are, it may be preferable to just skip the day, where before there were almost always 5 that could be accomplished while working on other goals at the same time (map completion, etc).

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I’m the other way round, I AM a fan of combining PvE, PvP and WvW achievements into one big category. I’m also happy that IF you PvP at all, your play counts towards achievements that used to be PvE only (condition remover, daily kills, I assume condition applier and skill interrupter).

I am no fan of reducing the total number of daily achievements to do to 66%. (yesterday 15 in total, today 10 in total)

This change was advertised as “this makes it more flexible for the players”, but the opposite is happening.

I’m a bit of an allrounder and I used to get 7-8 PvE and 4 PvP achievements every day. Now I’ll get 8 in total most days. My boyfriend doesn’t want to play WvW or PvP and usually stops after 5 daily AP; he used to have a choice of 5 out of 8 total PvE achievements, now 5 out of 6 so he has to do what’s on the menu, rather than picking whatever he likes best. We’re two completely different player personalities and neither of us feels we have more flexibility – on the contrary.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Don’t care for this new change to the daily. I can see where it appeases the achievement hunters and leaderboard fanatics. For the rest of us, most likely the majority, it is a negative change. No matter how much Anet tries, I’m not going to be funneled into game modes I don’t like just for a laurel.

The Burninator

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I can understand wanting to limit the amount of achievement points attainable from dailies.

I also don’t mind the reduction of dailies in general, but I feel like it was handled poorly.

1. Stuff like the daily activities are gone which means less people will participate in them and progressing through those achievements will take longer.

2. Stupid dailies like 25 Underwater Kills or eating 25 food items still remain, despite offering no compelling game-play whatsoever.

I’m ok with pruning the dailies, but do it in the right places.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Yeah this is probably the only disappointing part of the feature pack. It was hard enough for me trying to get 5 dailies in PvE – but even more so now :-/ I guess there will now be days where I miss out on my daily completely, because hell will freeze over before I do any PvP dailies.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

Also, if you plan on removing the permanent daily items (like gatherer) and make them a part of the random rotation, please change the max # of dailies required to something a bit lower as well.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I agree that this is not a good change. I don’t see why there should be less choice, especially with the new cap in place on AP from daily and monthly achievements. Some things about this update are just frustrating and serve no useful/good purpose.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Works as intended. It’s a way to force you to try different game modes.
Because dailies are something people want to do quickly, so with this system is more probable that you will chose something that you can accomplish quickly even if is not related to what game mode you’re used to.

Attachments:

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: Oculus.5703

Oculus.5703

Not what they claimed in their Feature Pack description tho;

Achievement Unification

The PvP and PvE daily and monthly achievements will be merged. There will be enough achievements that you will be able to complete your dailies and monthlies entirely in PvE, WvW, or PvP if you like – but you can also dabble in different game modes and complete your achievements by playing a mix of content.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-reward-tracks-and-gear-unification/

JustTrogdor.7892

Force being the key word. Okay not entirely forced but I am not going to play game modes I don’t enjoy just for a daily. It isn’t going to happen and it is a bad idea. Why does Anet want to try to force my hand to do something I don’t enjoy? If I enter a game mode I don’t like just to get an achievement am I really going to try? No, I’m just going to do the absolute minimum just to get it over with and leave. This happened all the time with the daily activity achievements. You saw people just standing around waiting for the timer to end and not contributing. Does Anet really want people in PvP, WvW that are just taking up space for their achievement? I can’t see where that will help those who enjoy those game modes.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Lostyus.4250

Lostyus.4250

Exactly my feelings as well… 5 out of 6 leaves little choice in PvE play for doing the daily. Depending on what the 6 are, it may be preferable to just skip the day, where before there were almost always 5 that could be accomplished while working on other goals at the same time (map completion, etc).

I agree.

I think it’s a really bad thing they’ve done.

I play through each area with my toon, going through them in order, in the old system there were things i couldn’t/wouldn’t want to do (like discover 1 (or 3?) jump puzzles) but there was normally enough so that at most, I’d have to leave the map I was playing in at the time to get my 5th, but then it was done and i’d go back to playing what i enjoyed.

If there’s only gonna be 6 (maybe less, who knows) a day, then there will be times when i won’t be able to complete my daily’s, i won’t be able to ‘’play how i want to play’’.

There is no way i will be forced into either PvP or WvW, and these changes are making me want to spend less time (and money) on the game. I wanna get rewards from this game, the drop rate stinks, so the tiny chance of getting a reward from a chest is now even further from my reach.

Posted by: Lyssia.4637

Lyssia.4637

I’m not a huge fan of combining the two daily categories and making less options, but what can you do. They will always have 5 options in PvE:
<snip>

As it turns out, though, that’s not true. Today only has 4, unless you also count Dungeon Completer. Except I don’t have a character high enough level for a dungeon, so I can’t get the daily only through PVE. I don’t generally do PVP, and I can’t imagine anyone in PVP would really want me there anyway, as I have little experience, no interest, and even less skill, not to mention an old machine and laggy internet. How is this at all a change for the better?

I really wanted to like this patch, too. I guess, like a lot of others here, it’s time to start looking at other games. Seriously, Anet, this very limited list of dailies really needs to be a bug you address promptly.

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

Last night I had 6 out of 10 options that were all PvE.
I only had 4 out of 10 that were WvW or PvP.
So, if anything, they should add another 2 for WvW/PvP to make the daily total 12.
That way, nobody is forced to go out of whatever they prefer.
But really, if you absolutely prefer WvW or PvP, it would probably take you a very minute amount of time away from what you like to do to get that last one.

(edited by viralthefrog.6130)

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

So far Ive seen events in the list everyday, and you can get that easily in WvW.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

<snip>

As it turns out, though, that’s not true. Today only has 4, unless you also count Dungeon Completer. Except I don’t have a character high enough level for a dungeon, so I can’t get the daily only through PVE. I don’t generally do PVP, and I can’t imagine anyone in PVP would really want me there anyway, as I have little experience, no interest, and even less skill, not to mention an old machine and laggy internet. How is this at all a change for the better?

I really wanted to like this patch, too. I guess, like a lot of others here, it’s time to start looking at other games. Seriously, Anet, this very limited list of dailies really needs to be a bug you address promptly.

You could level a bit and then do the dungeon.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

JustTrogdor.7892

I don’t generally do PVP, and I can’t imagine anyone in PVP would really want me there anyway, as I have little experience, no interest, and even less skill, not to mention an old machine and laggy internet.

Yeah, I can’t imagine that the PvP crowd is going to be happy with a bunch of PvE, as they call them, “carebears” taking up spots in PvP with little to no interest in actual PvP. It makes no sense really.

This change reads to me like Anet is trying to appease the few achievement point hunters and leaderboard fanatics instead of the majority. I thought they did that with the new cap on daily achievements, but they went one step too far IMO.

The Burninator

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I am no fan of the reduced Daily options, but today, there are 5 PvE Dailies, not just 4.

Leveler
Recycler
Daily Events
Daily Dodger
Daily Gatherer

Plus, Dungeon Completer for those that enjoy Dungeons.

Let’s be accurate with our information, at least. =)

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Lostyus.4250

Lostyus.4250

<snip>

Then this proves it’s a disgusting tactic to get people to move to other game modes.

I don’t do dungeons because i don’t enjoy them, i don’t do PvP or WvW for the same reason. So there is no way i can complete today’s daily’s (and how many other days will i be unable to complete?) EDIT: Just seen the above post, it must have got typed while i was typing :/

This and the Grandmaster (open up at) lvl 80 traits are a few steps backwards IMO

(edited by Lostyus.4250)

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I am not real crazy about the daily changes, either. I imagine that will be changed down the road, as I can’t see a ton of people being really excited about it. But who, knows, I certainly could be wrong.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: GarthDreamWalker.7806

GarthDreamWalker.7806

I already play PvX and this is a horrible integration. People that play the game just to PvP do not like PvE. To quote my guild mate “I hate PvE” This is creating limits on what people will do for daily. I normally do both PvE and most days I did most of the PvP dailies as well. Limitations on game play is bad for the game. Don’t force people to do gameplay modes they don’t want to play.

Co-GL of Salad Bros. [SB] of Crystal Desert.

We might be small and outmanned, but we have big tomatoes.

JustTrogdor.7892

I am no fan of the reduced Daily options, but today, there are 5 PvE Dailies, not just 4.

Leveler
Recycler
Daily Events
Daily Dodger
Daily Gatherer

Plus, Dungeon Completer for those that enjoy Dungeons.

Let’s be accurate with our information, at least. =)

Well, I’m not sure how the other PvE dailies will pan out but if we are going to be limited they need to remove things from the rotation that force us to spend/use resources for those PvE dailies such as:

Mystic Forgesmith
Recycler
Daily Crafter

PvE dailies if so limited should be based on in game play that doesn’t require using resources to achieve since we are limited to 5. I don’t like the idea that I might have to mystic forge a bunch of stuff I don’t need to just to get my 5th for the day or else play PvP or WvW.

Also, personal story completer should be taken out of the table as well since some have already done their personal story.

The Burninator

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Not what they claimed in their Feature Pack description tho;

Achievement Unification

The PvP and PvE daily and monthly achievements will be merged. There will be enough achievements that you will be able to complete your dailies and monthlies entirely in PvE, WvW, or PvP if you likebut you can also dabble in different game modes and complete your achievements by playing a mix of content.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-reward-tracks-and-gear-unification/

That was possible even before this update…
Who are they trying to fool with that sentence…

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I was pretty surprise at this change as well. TBH, I like receiving 2 times the daily rewards (minus the laurel). Now, the reward is lessen, the choices also lessen.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Instead of me playing every day, I’ll be going back to what I did before they increased the number of Dailies: login and see if there are Dailies I want to do. If not, log out unless there is some Living World stuff I want to do.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

JustTrogdor.7892

Instead of me playing every day, I’ll be going back to what I did before they increased the number of Dailies: login and see if there are Dailies I want to do. If not, log out unless there is some Living World stuff I want to do.

But hey those achievement point hounds and those obsessed with the leaderboard are happy. I’m really confused because I thought the cap on daily achievements was for them. They seemed happy with that news. I didn’t expect it to go another level that affects the majority.

The Burninator

Posted by: synk.8762

synk.8762

Completely disappointed in this change. To move to less options for players and call it a feature is backwards thinking. Honestly, if Anet wants to motivate people to try new game modes, they need to incentivize those modes with overall rewards – which they did do to some extent with this patch. They’ll get players that hadn’t tried those modes in there, and some of them will stay. Mission accomplished.

But taking what is supposedly an activity that everyone, everywhere can enjoy and try for, and then shoving players into modes they don’t care for to try to complete a basic activity that supposed should appeal to everyone is terrible.

This isn’t jut about only having 5 options per mode. There are some people that loath jumping puzzles and will never do them. There are some people who will never participate in the Daily Activities. Some people will enjoy and do all those things, but by taking away options, you’re reducing the overall ability of people to work towards and enjoy what has become a basic function in the game, and a reason for many people to log in.

Please revisit this Anet. It’s a bad decision.

JustTrogdor.7892

Completely disappointed in this change. To move to less options for players and call it a feature is backwards thinking. Honestly, if Anet wants to motivate people to try new game modes, they need to incentivize those modes with overall rewards – which they did do to some extent with this patch. They’ll get players that hadn’t tried those modes in there, and some of them will stay. Mission accomplished.

But taking what is supposedly an activity that everyone, everywhere can enjoy and try for, and then shoving players into modes they don’t care for to try to complete a basic activity that supposed should appeal to everyone is terrible.

This isn’t jut about only having 5 options per mode. There are some people that loath jumping puzzles and will never do them. There are some people who will never participate in the Daily Activities. Some people will enjoy and do all those things, but by taking away options, you’re reducing the overall ability of people to work towards and enjoy what has become a basic function in the game, and a reason for many people to log in.

Please revisit this Anet. It’s a bad decision.

Well said. +1

The Burninator

Posted by: Shadow Dragon.9874

Shadow Dragon.9874

Slightly disappointed in the change. Before I could very easily avoid playing certain game modes or doing certain activities that I didn’t want to do on that particular day without failing to complete the daily. With the update I can see it becoming a more difficult thing to do.

If it’s about the achievement points in that case I’d be totally happy if the maximum points per daily would be 10 but there’d be more choices: if you do more than 10 the achievements after 10 do not reward AP (so for example if you completed all 20 or so you’d still get just 10 points). This way players would have more choices and point cap would still be the same.

Posted by: basepi.9768

basepi.9768

I still can’t believe this change. I didn’t mind them combining the two daily categories. But the total with both is fewer achievements than just the PvE dailies from before? That’s pretty unacceptable. There are some days where I’m in a hurry to complete my dailies, and this makes some days potentially pretty rough. Yesterday there was 3 skill points and 2 world ranks. That’s 2/7 PvE/WvW achieves that are quite time consuming.

Just bump the number back up to 16 or so. No reason not to, people will still log on for their dailies.

Posted by: Raphael.9286

Raphael.9286

People abhore change, yet adapt to it sooner or later. It will be the same here. The best thing about this is it will free up a lot of time for me, as I’ll be playing less GW2 now. I always loved doing pretty much all the dailies for four reasons:

• First and foremost, I’m a collector. Filling up or completing stuff gives me pleasure. Therefore I’m an achie kitten. I just love completing achievements, and yeah, reaching the achie milestones counts as an achievement as well, even though it’s only a psychological one. Less dailies to do= less sense of accomplishment = possibly more frustration with other aspects of the game one doesn’t like as much.
  • I love doing as many different things in a game like this as possible to keep things fresh and interesting. There’s a lot in the game I’m not exactly keen on and would never actively go do without some sort of external motivation, yet still enjoy having done afterwards. Examples would be jumping puzzles (I’m just plain bad at ‘em, but if there’s a daily, why not?), personal story (having completed it on one char, doing it on another won’t give you that much new stuff to discover, but eventually one wants to complete it on other chars as well, so why not when there’s a daily) or re-doing story dungeons (unlocking exp modes on additional chars, one daily at a time). Having a lot of different dailies to complete always served me as a sort of guide of what I could do next if I had a lot of time on my hands but nothing in particular came to mind. As it is now, most of the dailies are more or less completed in half an hour or so, and there’s little left to do over the rest of the day after that.
  • It just plain gives one something to do without getting bored out of your mind. Maybe this is just putting the previous point a different way, but in a 2 month+ Living World hiatus as we have now, dailies are pretty much the only thing left to do achie-wise, and very likely this won’t be the last prolonged dearth in new stuff and achies one can do in GW2’s lifetime. So I’m already dreading the next such extended period because likely I will have to look for interesting stuff to do in other games and activities. As experience tells, once you discover something else that’s more interesting, the chances of comming back to what once was interesting (GW2) get increasingly remote as time passes.
  • I loved the dailies for levelling up my new chars. I don’t like using stuff like “Tomes of Knowledge”, as it somehow feels like cheating to me to just gain a level with one click. Since in this game, killing stuff gives very little exp compared to other options, I do as many dailies as possible with my underleveled chars for the exp bonus that comes with completing a daily. Not only does this give me a wide variety of stuff to do to gain exp even with a freshly made char, but it also saves me from doing the same two or three event chains over and over again or doing Queensdale map completion for the umpteenth time.

Having said all that, this is but the second blow in a short while. When I read that there’s now a cap on the number of total achie points one can get from dailies and monthlies, I knew that my time with GW2 will be limited. Of course I’m still a long ways off from reaching the stated cap, but I’m already pretty certain that the day I reach it probably will be one of the last days I’m playing GW2, as there’s not much more for me to do after that for the first reason given above.

Raphael.9286

However, I don’t wanna end the previous post without making a suggestion that should cater to everyone’s desires. These I define as on the one hand us GW2 nerds wanting more dailies back in the achie rotation and on the other hand ANet/the game designers wanting to limit the amount of achie points while at the same encouraging (forcing) people to do stuff they don’t really like. I suppose what I’m suggesting won’t accomplish that last aspect as it will give people a lot more freedom in what to do than the designers might want to, but hope springs eternal, and there’s still hope that our having fun eventually will rank higher than forcing people into game modes they don’t like that much.

So, here goes:

1. Keep the full set of roughly 60 different dailies in rotation (that would include all the previously available PvP dailies, as I suppose that the two/three/five tournament wins have been removed from the rotation as it is now; there’s no way to tell yet which of the PvE/WvW dailies might have been removed from the rotation as well).
  2. Of these, have a more or less random subset of 16 – 20 dailies be active on any given day.
  3. Limit the amount of achie points one can get from completing dailies to say 10 per day, thus still rewarding those who do more than the minimum of 5, but at the same time preventing an inflation of achie points from dailies alone.
  4. Finally, for those crazy achie hunters out there (yeah, I count myself among them), add a new general achievement of “Lifetime Dailies completed”. Have that give another 5 achie points or so with every tier, the tiers being e.g. 100/250/500/750/1.000/1.250/… This way, there’s still a noticeable, yet rather modes reward for those who – for one reason or another – complete most, if not all dailies.

Just to clarify any possible misunderstandings, let me give an example:

• Casual gamers and those who only ever want to do the minimum to get the daily rewards will get 5 – 6 achie points per day for a maximum total of about 150 per month and (after having reached the first two tiers of 100 and 250) about half a tier in the Lifetime Dailies achie, accounting for a nother 2 -3 achie points per month on average.
  • More active gamers will complete around 10 dailies a day for a monthly total of 250 – 300 achie points and complete about one tier in the Lifetime Dailies achie, which yields them another 5 achie points per month.
  • Crazy GW2 nerds and all others who go for the full package will complete 15 – 20 dailies each day. That’s still a monthly total of 300 achie points due to the cap of 10 points per day, but they progress about two tiers in the Lifetime Dailes achie per month, which brings their monthly point total to 310 – 315.

If game designers feel that the “bonus reward” can be a bit higher than 10 points a month, just increase the tier reward for Lifetime Dailies from say 5 to 10 points.

JustTrogdor.7892

With the changes to achievements and such I think they are trying to funnel PvE players into PvP and WvW.

“Hey look over here! It’s PvP!”

“Wait you were not looking hard enough! It’s WvW also! You’ll love it I swear!”

“No really! Over here! PvP and WvW!”

“Try it!”

“Oh, you did, and don’t like it, well, hey over here PvP and WvW! Try it!”

“Try it now!!!!”

As a PvE player it isn’t my fault that PvP isn’t as popular as Anet may want it to be. Trust me, PvP players don’t want me there anyway so there is no point in trying to drive me in that direction.

The Burninator

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

I also want my variety back, please. I don’t PvP at all. I realize how great the rewards are now, but’s not about the rewards for me though. I just don’t like the game format. So for me, I now have 50% less dailies to choose from. And if I get a day with a bunch of hard/boring ones (world ranker, story dungeon, etc), forget it.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Raphael.9286

One final remark goes not to the amount of dailes but to one daily in particular. Regardless of what happens to the amount of dailies, pretty please with sugar on top and candy sprinkles change World Ranker so that it requires only one rank to complete. On the high population servers, it might not make that much of a difference either way, but I’m on a low population server, which now was robbed of half its decent WvW players through free pre-tournament transfers to silver league servers.

The gist of it is that outside of early evening prime time, WvW is pretty much dead half the time. That leaves three options:

1. Soloing stuff (sentry posts, caravans and the odd camp), which gives so little WXP that it takes forever and a day to gain a level, let alone the fact that you can’t recap the same sentry post or camp until an enemy server has taken it back. Basically you need to take 50 sentry posts, 10 camps (rating the camp at 300 WXP including 5 × 20 WXP from guard/scout kills) and 40 caravans to complete that daily. If you’re fast, you can take a sentry post in roughly two minutes (including the time of walking there, killing the guard and then taking the post), a camp in say four minutes and a caravan in one minute. That’s roughly 3.5 hours to complete that one daily.
  2. Waiting for people to come join in WvW so you can start taking on more serious stuff like towers and keeps. Sometimes you get lucky there, but more often than not it either takes forever and a day to get even a party of three to five people going or we already own most of the stuff and there’s not much more left to take, and WvW being equally dormant on our peer servers it can take very long until something changes hands again. Gaining two ranks this way can take anything from 30 min. (SM + some keeps) to four or five hours.
  3. Zerging EotM. Currently this is what I’m doing to get that achie as it’s the only halfway reliably way to get the necessary WXP. Gaining two ranks from roaming EotM takes around 45 minutes, but that’s based on a very limited set of experiences, and always doing just that is boring in any case.

Before WXP was account bound, there was always the option of bringing several chars close to a WvW rank gain over the course of several days and then playing other chars until that daily came up. When the daily was up, taking some sentry posts and camps would complete it. But now, the only way is to actually complete whatever remains from the rank you’re starting out with plus one full rank.

As I said above, on busy servers, gaining WXP and WvW ranks might be easy, but on low population servers and for people who are not focused or even solely committed to WvW, gaining one WvW rank can take way longer than gaining one regular level (for which usually some events, some renown hearts, some dailies or a dungeon run are enough), and the comparable daily “Leveler” only requires one level to be gained to complete. I’d much rather do two regular levels than one, let alone two WvW levels/ranks.

Posted by: Peacenote.1698

Peacenote.1698

I don’t like that this patch has caused me to become so negative. I post in the hopes that I will be listened to and the spirit of the game I love will be restored.

I do not like this change at all. Before judging just by reading, I tried it tonight. I was in the mood to sPvP today. Could I do my daily just in that area? Nope.

I play PvE. I play sPvP. I was even just starting to get into WvW. I do not need dumbed down dailies to encourage force me into it.

Please bring back “Play the Way You Want.” Please bring back the choices. In the past, sometimes I completed my daily with PvE, sometimes with sPvP. Sometimes I did both to get more achievement points towards my chest rewards. Depended on my mood and the character I felt like playing. Less choices = less fun = BAD.

I am frustrated. I’m sure devs put a lot of effort into this patch. I want to appreciate it. But all the things that I never complained about, because I was off enjoying the game for actual YEARS, have been changed. Did you ever once see me post on the forums complaining about the variety of choices I was given in my dailies? Nope, because I was in the game, enjoying myself.

But because I was off happily playing the game, while others were complaining, now I’m not having fun anymore. I really hate this. Maybe some choices were made to try and gain more players. I get that — an MMO is not an MMO if you are the only one playing it — but alienating all your happy customers to gain new ones is a wash, and wasted effort.

OK, need to give constructive feedback….. Sorry but it has to be….bring back the old system. It was great. It was one of the many reasons I told all my friends to check out GW2.

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

This really sucks. People don’t like being forced into anything. This game has some great play modes in WvW and sPvP as well as PvE content, and ANet is simply forcing people to try them. What are they, our parents? My parents always forced me to try new things. Let me tell, I have ZERO interest in sPvP. Positively NONE. I do enjoy WvW from time to time when guildmates are online to play with, but otherwise I enjoy mostly PvE. Adding PvP dailies to taking away the PvE ones like they did does nothing whatsoever for me. I still will not play PvP. Period. It would be nice if people in charge would realize that, yes, WvW and PvP can be fun and a lot of work went into creating them, but if someone isn’t interested, then they aren’t interested. Attempting to coerce them into doing it by combining the dailies doesn’t help a thing. People still aren’t going to play what they don’t want too, and all it does is make it a massive inconvenience. The only reason some people have even seen WvW is because it’s required for 100% map. I haven’t set foot in sPvP, and never will. And why might that be? Because I have no interest whatsoever in it, so combining it with PvE is unsettling and disappointing. Massively.

Posted by: Wonderly.1324

Wonderly.1324

As someone who used to stress over doing every single daily in every single category every single day, this, along with the 10,000k-AP-from-dalies cap, is a very welcome stress-relieving change. For everyone else… Yes, play-as-you-want is one of Anet’s core promises with GW2, but they also have a vision to unify all game modes. It’s hard to compromise between the two, and I think having to do one or two new thing that you don’t normally do isn’t too time consuming or unreasonable. I think Anet also wants to challenge players to step out and try new things, especially when they work so hard to improve every game mode. Give it a shot, who knows, maybe you’ll discover you enjoy pvp, or pve, or wvw. And if you don’t, it’s not like the game is ruined just because you need to occasionally do one or two little thing if you really want a laural for that particular day.

And a message to Anet, though I wonder if I’ll be heard… Thank you for the hard work you’ve put into the game, for always considering the playerbase as a whole (not just the causals or the hardcore, or the loudest/whinyest). Thank you for striving to be true to your vision of the game. Even though visions change and evolve over time, you maintain your core passion to create a game that is unique and fun and accessible to all. Thank you for being as transparent as possible and striving to maintain open communication and receive feedback and ideas from the players. Thank you for being gracious in so many decisions in the past- e.g. the way you handled/offered refunds for unlimited harvesting tools becoming account bound, light flamekissed armor remodel, refunds for former town clothes, etc…. I’m sure you didn’t have to do any of that because somewhere in the fine print there’s a legal loophole that says “Sorry, no refunds, all sales final”. And thank you for doing all of this, for maintaining a passion, excitement, and enjoyment of the game despite hearing negative feedback no matter what you do. Every. Single. Time. Thank you for celebrating the triumphs and continually listening to feedback, instead of being discouraged by a portion of a community that always seems dissatisfied, ungrateful, and cynical. Please don’t let the negativity pull you down. Change will always be uncomfortable, especially when sometimes your intention (I assume, from interviews I heard on the design of the Marionette, Teq, Wurm, etc.) is to challenge players. And there will always be people who will respond negatively to changes or being challenged, people who complain because what they want takes just a little bit too much effort to attain, people who complain because something that took effort was made more accessible/common and thus devalued their work, people who complain because they feel like their point of view is the ONLY point of view and they lack the capacity to realize you’re trying to consider things from multiple perspectives, people who complain just because. Despite that, GW2 has made wonderful improvements. Keep up the good work, and thanks for a great game!

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I’m not going to read every post, but I get the gist of it, and I agree. We need a wider pool of options for daily achievements again.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

Have you always been able to get credit for dodging in SPvP dailies? I don’t think so, but I’m not sure I’m remembering correctly. It seems that at least those who SPvP can get some of the PvE dailies while PvPing.

Posted by: DavidH.7380

DavidH.7380

For everyone else… Yes, play-as-you-want is one of Anet’s core promises with GW2, but they also have a vision to unify all game modes. It’s hard to compromise between the two, and I think having to do one or two new thing that you don’t normally do isn’t too time consuming or unreasonable. I think Anet also wants to challenge players to step out and try new things, especially when they work so hard to improve every game mode. Give it a shot, who knows, maybe you’ll discover you enjoy pvp, or pve, or wvw. And if you don’t, it’s not like the game is ruined just because you need to occasionally do one or two little thing if you really want a laural for that particular day.

No, but it actually hurts the game to have people like me in your PvP or WvW or mini-game matches just because we need credit for the dailies. Can I try to sponge credit for stuff off a zerg or just stand around and hope the other players pull off a win for me? Sure. But why would anyone want me to do it? Yeah, I can stand there if someone attacks me and just wait for them to kill me so I can rez and get on with what I’m trying to accomplish, but how does that benefit me or my team?

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

However, I don’t wanna end the previous post without making a suggestion that should cater to everyone’s desires. These I define as on the one hand us GW2 nerds wanting more dailies back in the achie rotation and on the other hand ANet/the game designers wanting to limit the amount of achie points while at the same encouraging (forcing) people to do stuff they don’t really like. I suppose what I’m suggesting won’t accomplish that last aspect as it will give people a lot more freedom in what to do than the designers might want to, but hope springs eternal, and there’s still hope that our having fun eventually will rank higher than forcing people into game modes they don’t like that much.

So, here goes:

1. Keep the full set of roughly 60 different dailies in rotation (that would include all the previously available PvP dailies, as I suppose that the two/three/five tournament wins have been removed from the rotation as it is now; there’s no way to tell yet which of the PvE/WvW dailies might have been removed from the rotation as well).
  2. Of these, have a more or less random subset of 16 – 20 dailies be active on any given day.
  3. Limit the amount of achie points one can get from completing dailies to say 10 per day, thus still rewarding those who do more than the minimum of 5, but at the same time preventing an inflation of achie points from dailies alone.
  4. Finally, for those crazy achie hunters out there (yeah, I count myself among them), add a new general achievement of “Lifetime Dailies completed”. Have that give another 5 achie points or so with every tier, the tiers being e.g. 100/250/500/750/1.000/1.250/… This way, there’s still a noticeable, yet rather modes reward for those who – for one reason or another – complete most, if not all dailies.

Just to clarify any possible misunderstandings, let me give an example:

• Casual gamers and those who only ever want to do the minimum to get the daily rewards will get 5 – 6 achie points per day for a maximum total of about 150 per month and (after having reached the first two tiers of 100 and 250) about half a tier in the Lifetime Dailies achie, accounting for a nother 2 -3 achie points per month on average.
  • More active gamers will complete around 10 dailies a day for a monthly total of 250 – 300 achie points and complete about one tier in the Lifetime Dailies achie, which yields them another 5 achie points per month.
  • Crazy GW2 nerds and all others who go for the full package will complete 15 – 20 dailies each day. That’s still a monthly total of 300 achie points due to the cap of 10 points per day, but they progress about two tiers in the Lifetime Dailes achie per month, which brings their monthly point total to 310 – 315.

If game designers feel that the “bonus reward” can be a bit higher than 10 points a month, just increase the tier reward for Lifetime Dailies from say 5 to 10 points.

I wholeheartedly agree. Please implement it like this. Well thought out.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

So what’s left?

Veteran Kills (easy)
X Zone kills (easy)
X Zone Veteran (easy)
Gatherer (easy)
Crafter (easy)
Mystic Forge (easy)
Ambient (easy)
Laurel Vendor (easy)
Activity (easy)
X zone events (medium-ish)
Champion (easy)

Basically last night/today’s daily was the worst possible configuration you could get, and it was still easy…

It wasn’t the worst. There are also dungeons (both general and specifically story or explo) and fractals. They both take time and require a group of people. And personal story is a problem if you finished it on all your chars already.
Also, it’s not about how “easy” it’s going to be. It’s that we had an option to choose what we like and what we don’t – now we don’t have that choice anymore. This is a step backwards.

I can understand wanting to limit the amount of achievement points attainable from dailies.

They already did that, by introducing the total daily/monthly AP cap.

And as far as trying to get people interested in other game modes – reward tracks do it way better for pvp. Forcing people there through dailies on the other hand has a completely opposite effect on me – i absolutely hate such heavyhanded “marketing”, and may decide to drop PvP/WvW completely just to get my point across. Maybe PvE dailies as well (and then i’d have less reason to log in every day).

For kitten’s sake, Anet, when will you learn that as far as motivating players, carrots work way, way better than sticks?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: DragonWhimsy.6489

DragonWhimsy.6489

They need to at least bring the daily activity back every day. It’s a DAILY activity. It’s right there in the name. And not having it there is going to lessen the amount of people playing those mini-games.

It’s also usually the most fun daily to do. Except on crab toss day. I hate crab toss day.

Posted by: Lyssan.3768

Lyssan.3768

I am still at a loss at to how Anet’s math combines (adds) two different areas, PvE and PvP dailies, and somehow comes up with a total that is LESS than 1 of them. If someone does not want to do a certain part of the game, (I will use me and PvP as an example), trying to force them to do so will have one of two effects. In my case, I will still refuse to do PvP because I do not want to. I feel some people might be offended by the feeling that the game designers are trying to force people into a part of the game they do not want to make use of. If it means I will not get the daily achievement now because of it, I will resent them even more for it.

I have posted in another thread about this, but they also need to fix (Yes Anet, it IS broken!) the transmute stone exchange rate. Treating every single skin now as if it were level 80 is not the way to do that. If that is how you are going to do it, you might as well trash this idea, and go back to the transmute stones, because 3 regular stones now to transmute a non-level 80 item is FXXXED!

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

People abhore change, yet adapt to it sooner or later. It will be the same here..

I’ll have to re-adopt a playstyle I was glad I could get rid off: doing the daily as a chore on multiple characters, instead of doing it while actually playing the game. I got my 50 kills yesterday without getting one condition. Didn’t come across one event either. There’s also not a lot of water in the area where I was, so I never got aquatic slayer done…

I really liked the change a while back and am severely disappointed in the removal of that change.