Only 10 Daily Achivements?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Well, a side effect of this was:

I was playing my low level character and getting most of the daily done. But then I was 4/5 and need Silverpeaks killer. So, I hopped on my 80 and did Frostgorge Sound, and had a blast with some of the events and Champions there. There were lots of other players there too. I never would have thought to go there if I hadn’t been squeezed into what dailies I could do.

So, working as intended?

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: DavidH.7380

DavidH.7380

PVP actually is not difficult at all. Its just finding a game that is not full elitist jerks that is difficult. Check the PVP browser list to see if someone created a “Dailies Only” game.

Forgive me as I have no interest in PvP and therefore I have no understanding of how PvP works in this game, but are you saying we can make “Dailies Only” PvP matches where we line up and take turns killing each other cooperatively like civilized people simply for the purpose of accomplishing the daily? I’ll have to look into that.

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

Yet another example of game management doing everything possible to “encourage” players to actually Play Our Game Our Way®, and screw the play your way manifesto.

You MUST be “encouraged” to do WvW and various PvP. You might like it and then spend more money on things for those new activities.

Why not be open and above board about this stuff. No Character Progression beyond level 30 without 250 WvW player kills. No progression beyond Level 50 without 100 combined PvP kills. And give a one time free custom finisher for the first alt on each account that gets those unlocks. They’ll buy lots more once they see how cool a custom spike looks, Right?

Man the first 6 months in this game were so great, even with all the early bugs. But the deep philosophical changes and how the player base is being ham-handedly manipulated are really getting me down.

When daily achievements were first expanded with some rotation and some permanent, that was so player friendly. People that wanted to chase max achievements had lots more options, and people that wanted just laurels could count on a few favorite activities. Now? Sigh.

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Thanks God. No more brainless zombies playing this game just for the AP.

Thanks God, ANet.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Thanks God, ANet.

What do you care how anyone plays the game? So what if they want to play the game for AP? If that what makes it fun for them, then great. They are playing the game how they want to play which is awesome.

People should play how they want. They certainly shouldn’t be subjected to your rude and strictly lopsided opinions.

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

10 Daily is fine now though.Not too much taxing for me.Especially when daily and monthly got capped now

Corpus Christi.2057

Thanks God, ANet.

What do you care how anyone plays the game? So what if they want to play the game for AP? If that what makes it fun for them, then great. They are playing the game how they want to play which is awesome.

People should play how they want. They certainly shouldn’t be subjected to your rude and strictly lopsided opinions.

The reason is ( for me, personally ) as follows:

We had a great guildmate. At first, when we all started playing the game, he was very helpful and engaged in all guild activities.
After a couple of months time, he became an AP zombie. Whenever he logged in the game, he would do ALL AP EVERY SINGLE DAY. He stopped helping newer guildmates, stopped participating in guild missions and any other guild-related activies. He started cursing new guildmates just because he “was busy doing something he had to do, which is all ap for today, otherwise someone else would surpass him.” ( his words ).

Yes, I do care how other people play, so do our guildmates who want to have a healthy environment within the guild and game’s community.

Cheers

Posted by: DavidH.7380

DavidH.7380

Thanks God, ANet.

We had a great guildmate. At first, when we all started playing the game, he was very helpful and engaged in all guild activities.
After a couple of months time, he became an AP zombie. Whenever he logged in the game, he would do ALL AP EVERY SINGLE DAY. He stopped helping newer guildmates, stopped participating in guild missions and any other guild-related activies. He started cursing new guildmates just because he “was busy doing something he had to do, which is all ap for today, otherwise someone else would surpass him.” ( his words ).

Yes, I do care how other people play, so do our guildmates who want to have a healthy environment within the guild and game’s community.

Cheers

This was considered though, which is why the most supported suggestion is to keep the cap but add the additional choices back. In other words, make it “any 10 you want out of 16 or 20 total options for the day” or even any 8 you want, as long as there are more choices for the minimal five to get the daily reward.

Posted by: Sturm Medik.1569

Sturm Medik.1569

I guess I was one of those “AP zombies” – trying to get all those “free” points. Didn’t even have time/energy to play the game after I was done with that kitten . Now i am relieved. Thank you for this change.

Corpus Christi.2057

Thanks God, ANet.

Cheers

This was considered though, which is why the most supported suggestion is to keep the cap but add the additional choices back. In other words, make it “any 10 you want out of 16 or 20 total options for the day” or even any 8 you want, as long as there are more choices for the minimal five to get the daily reward.

I’d totally agree with that, as long as there is some reasonable ( not all posibile ) amount of AP to do in a day.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I guess I was one of those “AP zombies” – trying to get all those “free” points. Didn’t even have time/energy to play the game after I was done with that kitten . Now i am relieved. Thank you for this change.

so you’re relieved to take choice from other players because you couldnt say “hey, why am I doing this, this isnt how I want to play”.

Thats nice.

jheryn.8390

Thanks God, ANet.

Cheers

So let me get this straight. Because one guy who chased AP points made it bad for you personally and those in your guild, all AP chasers are brainless zombies? That is certainly what you were indicating in the way you stated what you said. And how do AP chasers derogatorily affect the game’s community? The answer is that they do not. As long as they are not in your guild, they don’t affect you at all.

Posted by: Sturm Medik.1569

Sturm Medik.1569

so you’re relieved to take choice from other players because you couldnt say “hey, why am I doing this, this isnt how I want to play”.

Thats nice.

I am relieved for myself, because now I have more time to do what I like.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Thats nice.

you always had that time………………….

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

PVP actually is not difficult at all. Its just finding a game that is not full elitist jerks that is difficult. Check the PVP browser list to see if someone created a “Dailies Only” game.

Im only rank 14 in PVP and considered very casual and so far I have not come across too many bullies.

Thanks for that tip on looking for dailies only groups. I may try that. Would be a good way to finally jump into PvP.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Nero Stark.1369

Nero Stark.1369

It would be nice to see a red post on this given the impact this change has on all of us. I’m not expecting it but hey I can dream. LOL

This thread has over 6000 reads. So for all you lurkers, you need to speak up about how you feel regarding this change. ;P

Un-lurking

I too would like more options for each play mode and would not object to being limited receiving credit for five each day.

De-lurking. I agree with —^.

I play PVE. PVP and some WvW.
However, when I log in I might be in the mood for only one of the modes.
I don’t like the reduction of options, I’d prefer to have more choices available as to which dailies to complete.

(p.s. – the cap to AP is good.)

Corpus Christi.2057

Thanks God, ANet.

Cheers

So let me get this straight. Because one guy who chased AP points made it bad for you personally and those in your guild, all AP chasers are brainless zombies? That is certainly what you were indicating in the way you stated what you said. And how do AP chasers derogatorily affect the game’s community? The answer is that they do not. As long as they are not in your guild, they don’t affect you at all.

There were numerous threads of the kind of our guild’s experience on this forums. Henceforth, it is more likely that it has nothing to do with a narrow community of my guild, but the game’s community as a whole.

Thanks for the discussion.

Cheers

jheryn.8390

Thanks God, ANet.

Cheers

There were numerous threads of the kind of our guild’s experience on this forums. Henceforth, it is more likely that it has nothing to do with a narrow community of my guild, but the game’s community as a whole.

Cheers

I never indicated that others didn’t have a similar situation. But there are many in my guild who are AP chasers and they do not adversely affect us at all. They do their thing and join in when they want.

I know others who are not in my guild who go about their day chasing AP points and they don’t hurt a soul.

So how is it that any of those people I just referenced hurt you? What did they ever do to you to be called ‘brainless zombies’? How are they adversely affecting you or the community in any way? Blanket statements like that are uncalled for.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

They can remove the AP from the dailies past 5 that count for all I care. Just give me the same options to do different ones each day that were there before this update.

And why is it that a system must be based around some alleged person’s obsessive-compulsive disorder? There’s not even an abuse or exploit here, since the dailies giving AP is a system built in the game that’s working as intended. There’s even a limit for the dailies implemented.

Again, if someone wants to do all the possible dailies every day, let them. Have an intervention or something if you think it’s detrimental to them. But don’t punish the majority of players who enjoy having lots of options to do dailies.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Thats nice.

They put a cap on total daily achievement points for people like you.

I guess I was one of those “AP zombies” – trying to get all those “free” points. Didn’t even have time/energy to play the game after I was done with that kitten .

We thought that was enough but now we get this mess with a lot of less choices for the everyday player to play as they like if they want their daily. No thank you Anet. No thank you.

The Burninator

Corpus Christi.2057

Thanks God, ANet.

Cheers

Cheers

I never indicated that others didn’t have a similar situation. But there are many in my guild who are AP chasers and they do not adversely affect us at all. They do their thing and join in when they want.

I know others who are not in my guild who go about their day chasing AP points and they don’t hurt a soul.

So how is it that any of those people I just referenced hurt you? What did they ever do to you to be called ‘brainless zombies’? How are they adversely affecting you or the community in any way? Blanket statements like that are uncalled for.

You seem to be missing the obvious: as the incidents that affect me are apparent in other groups of people, totally unrelated to me, it is rather logical to assume that the GW2 community may experience the issue as a whole. It has nothing to do with the fact that the experiences of the other groups of people do not affect me DIRECTLY.

Unsound arguments are unwanted here.

Cheers

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Why would Anet want to cap AP’s? AP hunters were playing the game their way, right? If people wanted to chase AP’s and were happy doing so, then great! Happy customers buy gems, unhappy ones do not. If you had a guildie that became an AP zombie and negatively impacted your guild, you should have kicked that person and let them find a guild of like minded players.

How is Anet harmed by AP hunters?

How are other players harmed by AP hunters? (And don’t give me that AP zombie line- it doesn’t harm you if you can kick them and recruit someone else who is more like minded. jheryn.8390’s comment above is correct.)

While the change DID make me jump into PvP for the first time since ever in GW2 (used to do it in GW1, but the monsters were rude and the drops were lousy) and I found that capture points reminded me of playing Jade Quarry in Factions, and I’ve played WvW since launch and really enjoy it, I also liked doing more than 5 per day for the extra points because I was chasing the AP chest rewards. How is that a bad thing?

Posted by: Tsubaki.8732

Tsubaki.8732

Only 10 daily achievements is complicated at the moment.

Today for example, “daily reviver” takes a lot of time : there are not enough NPC or players downed to revive, because there are so many players everywhere that downed NPC are becoming a “critial ressource”.

I have noticed this, too. At first, the problem for me (as someone who never, ever will play pvp, no matter what, I just do not like it) was the lack of choice with the new dailies system – every day, there are only five or six options for me and I have to do five of them, even if they are annoying options I would have just ignored a couple days ago with the old system. But today, with the “reviver” daily, the synergy effect of several of the annoying new game changes became apparent: everybody is forced to do the SAME dailies in pve, and with the megaserver change, there are lots MORE players on the same map. All doing the same dailies, plus people who are there doing their hearts etc. So I am travelling around to my usual spots for the “reviver” daily" and – no dead NPC anywhere in sight. It took me ages and quite a bit of money WPing around to finally get it done. I guess the same will happen when “underwater killer” pops up again. I probably should switch to doing my dailies in the morning again, before I go to work, when less people are online.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

So, because a one guy somewhere abused his AP gain privileges, the right course of action is to punish everyone else.

Is that not an unsound argument?

Well, I’ve said my piece constructively already, but I still would hope for a dev clarification on the subject, explaining why the change was made.

And yes, it was highly annoying going to Thaumanova and seeing a group of people rezzing NPC’s so fast you couldn’t get a single one done. Another by-product of the new update which downgrades our quality of life with two birds on one strike – megaservers and lessened daily numbers.

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

At worst PvPers have to spend 5 minutes in PvE chopping a few trees if they want their daily.

I think it is mostly us PvEers worried we are going to have to crash the PvP zones and run around mashing the 1 key until we accidentally complete our fifth daily, or else get pushed into funky stuff like the daily activities or puzzle jumping.

If this is the case most activities takes 5 minutes at most and you can essentially afk them if you just want the daily. As for jumping puzzles there are several that can be completed in 2 minutes or you can even leave an alt you don’t play much at the end of a jp and complete that one in 10 seconds.

People forget that the daily is not required and is completely optional. The highly overused “play as you want” phrase does not really apply when nothing is forcing you to complete the dailies. If completing it means you have to set foot into sPvP, WvW or a dungeon once in a while maybe you can just skip that day, you are only missing out on a laurel.

Posted by: betoyg.3078

betoyg.3078

I support the comment about giving 8 options for any game mode. I don’t agree with many of the changes in this patch and think that the little good changes they made (such as the legendaries account bound) are just to cover up a lot of bad changes.

For example, I for one don’t understand why reduce the PvE critical damage. People crying about it are in WvW? Implement in WvW the same formula that’s in PvP.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Please add the harvesting back in to be doable each daily. Please add enough sPvP and WvW so that you can complete in whichever area you want to play in that day.

Logic: so that the result is you play what you want for that day and are able to complete the daily while playing.

We should be completing our daily while playing the game, not having the completion of the daily as the point of playing.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Thanks God, ANet.

Cheers

Cheers

You seem to be missing the obvious: as the incidents that affect me are apparent in other groups of people, totally unrelated to me, it is rather logical to assume that the GW2 community may experience the issue as a whole. It has nothing to do with the fact that the experiences of the other groups of people do not affect me DIRECTLY.

Unsound arguments are unwanted here.

Cheers

But he said he’s got AP chasers in his guild that are not “brainless zombies” and are a positive aspect to the guild. At least that’s what I got from his post.

What he’s saying is what you said came off as a generalization. That every AP chaser is a brainless zombie that is bad for guilds. While you might not have meant to say that, that is how it came off.

He just pointed out that not every AP chaser is a “brainless zombie” and he pointed to his guild member as proof. Maybe he didn’t do it in the nicest way possible, but people tend to get defensive when friends are insulted.

I wish there were more options per game type, but still maintained some cap on AP (maybe still give the experience to further “encourage” players to venture into areas that they haven’t tried yet).

Seera.5916

Please add the harvesting back in to be doable each daily. Please add enough sPvP and WvW so that you can complete in whichever area you want to play in that day.

Logic: so that the result is you play what you want for that day and are able to complete the daily while playing.

We should be completing our daily while playing the game, not having the completion of the daily as the point of playing.

I disagree. Especially if they leave the number of options at 10 total including the WvW and PvP ones.

There should not be any daily option that is set to happen each and every day. It should vary. Because there are already so few choices and not everyone likes to gather things.

Katz.5143

I asked for harvesting to be added back because it was there every day before. I’m also wanting more than 10 choices of which harvesting is one, there are at least 3 from wvw, and at least 3 for sPvP, and the remainder be doable in pve general world or across two or more playstyles.

I want more choices, not fewer, sorry if I sounded like I wanted to decrease the choices by one.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I really really don’t like how they’re practically forcing people to play modes they normally wouldn’t because of the daily… I thought they changed they dailies before to avoid this particularly? Why the change of heart?

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

JustTrogdor.7892

I really really don’t like how they’re practically forcing people to play modes they normally wouldn’t because of the daily… I thought they changed they dailies before to avoid this particularly? Why the change of heart?

I don’t get it either. I don’t know if they are trying to appease the very very small group of achievement point addicts or trying to get people to play other game modes. Either way it seems to be a detriment to the majority of the player base.

The Burninator

Katz.5143

You can give more choice in what to do for the daily without increasing the ap you can get. Limit it to the 10 or the 5 even for all I care. Just give us more choice in which 5 we do.

And as for AP zombie guildmates or other unfriendly behavior. Chat with them, perhaps ask them to shape up or ship out (using nicer words).

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I like having more choices. I like doing a couple more than the minimum. It’s gonna take me a bit longer between Achievement Chests now. Thpppt! Bring back the bigger selection!

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: VenMalakim.8023

VenMalakim.8023

Just weighing in that I would also like to see the current limit of 10 upped a bit for more choice in which dailies can be pursued. Maybe 13? I think 13 would be a good number without going overboard.

Posted by: Lyssia.4637

Lyssia.4637

Forgive me as I have no interest in PvP and therefore I have no understanding of how PvP works in this game, but are you saying we can make “Dailies Only” PvP matches where we line up and take turns killing each other cooperatively like civilized people simply for the purpose of accomplishing the daily? I’ll have to look into that.

In GW1, Anet did something similar with daily “challenges”, one being to win a certain number of PVP matches, or something like that. Eventually, there evolved “red Tuesdays” and such, where it was just accepted that on that day, everyone agreed that the red team (or whatever) would always win, just so everyone could get the achievement as needed. Fun, in an odd way, but not exactly what Anet had in mind. And, of course, they changed things around pretty quick after they figured out that’s what players were doing. I figured it’d only take a day or two for the wheel to be reinvented here as well; I can’t quite figure out how Anet keeps making this same mistake, though.

Posted by: katubug.6378

katubug.6378

I agree that the decreased number of dailies is really disappointing. I have no issue with pve/pvp dailies being merged, but the setup as it is now is less than friendly to people with limited time availability.

I consider “my dailies” the bare minimum of what I’ve logged on to do. So, on a day where I’ve got a LOT of stuff going on irl, I know I can at least get my laurels and karma for the day if I focus. With this system, it’s much MUCH harder to do that. I normally only play PvE, and I really liked having the option of 8-10 dailies I could do in my preferred game mode. And then, if I felt like branching out (as I sometimes do), I had that option.

I really don’t think there was anything wrong with the dailies system as it stood before. I’d really like to go back to that amount of choice. I like having them combined and all, but I just want there to be more options within each category. I know you want to encourage people to try all portions of the game, but I don’t think you should punish them for wanting to play what they know they enjoy. Especially for something that happens daily. Wouldn’t you get demoralized if you hated PvE but you absolutely HAD to do it in order to get laurels? Every. single. day? It just seems unfair.

Posted by: Pourekos.5032

Pourekos.5032

I want back the bigger selection from before the 15th April where I could get the dailies done by doing the activities I liked doing. Some days I was doing only PvE, others only sPvP and others a bit of both- in most occasions the dailies were completed without even bothering to hunt them down, I was simply enjoying the game. Now, not so more and I do not like it.

JustTrogdor.7892

I really don’t think there was anything wrong with the dailies system as it stood before. I’d really like to go back to that amount of choice.

You are right there wasn’t a problem with the amount of choice. The only players negatively affected by having more daily options are the ones that can’t control themselves from having to do all of them. A very very small group of players.

If Anet is going to cater to players of that mindset they might as well reduce the number of minis available too to appease the mini collectors that can’t stop spending all their gold because they feel they have them all.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

JustTrogdor.7892

I want back the bigger selection from before the 15th April where I could get the dailies done by doing the activities I liked doing. Some days I was doing only PvE, others only sPvP and others a bit of both- in most occasions the dailies were completed without even bothering to hunt them down, I was simply enjoying the game. Now, not so more and I do not like it.

Yep the new way is much more restrictive. Sure we don’t have to do dailies but laurels are a valuable commodity. Dailes were much more fun to achieve under the old system. At this point I’m a bit concerned about how limited we may be with the next monthly. Who knows how limited those options will be…

The Burninator

Seera.5916

I really don’t think there was anything wrong with the dailies system as it stood before. I’d really like to go back to that amount of choice.

You are right there wasn’t a problem with the amount of choice. The only players negatively affected by having more daily options are the ones that can’t control themselves from having to do all of them. A very very small group of players.

If Anet is going to cater to players of that mindset they might as well reduce the number of minis available too to appease the mini collectors that can’t stop spending all their gold because they feel they have them all.

We don’t know how big the pool of players who couldn’t control themselves were.

There was also the complaint that new players would never be able to catch up to old players due to the dailies & monthlies combined with several AP from living story metas that are no longer available. And who knows how big this pool was.

However, ANet probably has the means to see what percentage of the active player base completed all of the dailies available each day and what the average number done was. And what the more/least popular ones are.

They took that data and made some changes. Now, they might have gone too far in the changes, but that can always be changed in a future patch. They’ll likely wait for the initial storm to calm down and collect some data. So that their data is not due to player gut reaction but more of a thought out reaction.

JustTrogdor.7892

You are right, we don’t know. However, I feel comfortable guessing they are a very small minority. I thought the 10k cap on daily achievement points was put in place for those that feel the need to do every daily achievement every day. Only Anet knows for sure but really, is limiting everyone worth it in the long run?

The Burninator

Seera.5916

You are right, we don’t know. However, I feel comfortable guessing they are a very small minority. Just looking at the leaderboards and the percentages of people in AP ranges kind of gives a decent idea. Only Anet knows for sure but really, is limiting everyone worth it in the long run?

Limiting it now was probably best for the latter category (the new players who may feel they’ll never be able to catch up to the old players) in the long run. When 3-4 years of LS achievements have come and gone.

However, they should have just left it at capping total AP earned from them and not reducing the options available. The limited it too much. Hopefully, they’ll course correct in a later patch.

JustTrogdor.7892

You are right, we don’t know. However, I feel comfortable guessing they are a very small minority. Just looking at the leaderboards and the percentages of people in AP ranges kind of gives a decent idea. Only Anet knows for sure but really, is limiting everyone worth it in the long run?

Limiting it now was probably best for the latter category (the new players who may feel they’ll never be able to catch up to the old players) in the long run. When 3-4 years of LS achievements have come and gone.

However, they should have just left it at capping total AP earned from them and not reducing the options available. The limited it too much. Hopefully, they’ll course correct in a later patch.

Catching up to old players assumes people care about the leaderboards. Really, I think being able to get more achievement points toward achievement chests is more important for new players. I can’t validate that but it seems to make sense. With the new system new players get less achievement points per day and slower progress toward achievement chests.

There should have never been a PvE leaderboard to start with.

The Burninator

Seera.5916

Catching up to old players assumes people care about the leaderboards. Really, I think being able to get more achievement points toward achievement chests is more important for new players. I can’t validate that but it seems to make sense. With the new system new players get less achievement points per day and slower progress toward achievement chests.

Not necessarily in it to go for the leaderboard. Maybe they just want to catch up to their friend or get in the ballpark of a guildie.

Guild rosters, friends lists. Those list AP. In 3 or 4 years even a casual player could easily be over 10K.

And like I said, they should just leave it at a cap of AP that can be earned via Daily and Monthly (it’s like 10K achievement points for Daily and like 5K for Monthly, so it’s nothing too terribly low for new players). That way the older players can’t keep getting out ahead of the new players while new players still end up with the same amount of AP per day as the old system should they choose to do all of the options.

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I hate the daily change as well.

What on earth were they thinking?

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i don’t really mind they combine PvE and PvP dailies, but at least do not reduce the number to 10… make it 15 or whatever….

… and I don’t really care about Leaderboard…. those at Top position can get their prize if there is one. i just want my AP rewards chests…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Recycler as a permanent daily? Why? It’s the one as brainless as daily killer.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

This game is getting dumbed down, step by step. Do they really consider Chinese to be that daft?

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Even with the new system, new players will never be able to catch up. There’s quite a number of achievement points tied to the older LS events, holidays, and one WvW season (soon to be two, once the second ends).

The only way to change that would be to cap everything. And then you’d have a number of players sitting at the top of the Leaderboard with the same amount of points, with the top spot arbitrarily decided by Anet.

(that’s of course for people that care about Leaderboard – those that don’t care, which is probably the huge majority, never needed any caps at all).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November