Play for Free Confirmed [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

I do not understand how not using the TP alienates you from the community?

The TP is one of the few areas that actually manages to reward players in any meaningful way, due to the heavy RNG in the game, and the low amount of overall coin from anything that isn’t a specific dungeon run.

When you remove the ability to use the TP, you remove a major reward source.

I asked you about the community restriction, you tried to change the subject. Are you implying that you have no answer to my question?

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I like all the restrictions except for one….

Guildleaders already can control who accesses the guild vault….

So why are Free accounts locked out of this feature??

If i invite my friends to join GW2 then I want them to “feel at home” within my guild.

This is a weird limitation.. Just allow GuildLeaders to maintain full control of vault access like it has been for years.

Because it would create an opening for wealth transfer to and from those accounts.

Can already send to the free accounts though. Only limits are on what the free accounts can send out.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Because it will still get people to try the game out.

It really won’t.

SWTOR lives and thrives despite its heavy, HEAVY restrictions by the grace of the name Star Wars and the legacy that holds, as well as it having a fairly strong single player mode through the

GW2 is a three year old game that failed to be the esports hero it wanted so bad to be, and it’s a game that thrives off group content. And now its F2P option is one step away from being another SWTOR, without the name hype.

I understand full well why the restrictions exist, because of how economy/TP focused they decided to make this game. And that’s why this F2P won’t work. In order to prevent free players from disrupting an already fragile economy, you have to remove them from that economy as much as possible, and to some extent, you have to remove them from the community as a whole as well.

But when you do that, you’re removing them from the game that you’re telling them they can supposedly play.

It’s basically a demo version,

Then they should have stuck with a 14 free trial system. Or a “to level x” trial system.

When I say it’ll get them to try it out I mean literally play for a bit on a free account and then either quit or buy it. I’ve got a few friends who wouldn’t get GW2 because they’re not sure about dynamic events or if they’ll be forced to buy boosters or some other aspect they can’t really understand without playing the game. This way they can play it and find out before having to pay for it, so there’s no risk of wasting their money.

If I’m right that Anet intend it to work that way then maybe they should add a time limit, but maybe they wanted people to be able to take their time.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: PoodleDoodleDoo.3247

PoodleDoodleDoo.3247

I dont have a problem with f2p, I think it’s a fantastic idea. I don’t have a problem the base game not getting any future updates because the base game is basically finished. Ofcourse I also bought HoT.

As a veteran gw2 player I have had to pay for two games. The base game and HoT. That is perfectly fine. What I don’t understand is that new players only have to pay for one game while I have to pay for two games. This makes me feel like I have wasted my money because I did not wait until all the expansions came out so I could save a bunch of money. I think it is really unfair to the playes who purchased the game when it came out.

New players should pay for both games, not just one.

This signaure is currently undergoing maintenance.

(edited by PoodleDoodleDoo.3247)

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Sorry I was so sceptic. I have just created the F2P account and it looks like everything will be fine. No bot spamming, no gold selling, no changes to major things in trading post. I really like it. The restriction for free players are not restricting them from enjoying all the aspects of the game…. and if they want to join the community, they can either level up their ranks and levels, or buy the game.

Bravo ArenaNet.

I just shared this post with the team. Thank you for looking at this objectively and for sharing your thoughts. As one of our team said, “We really did think about this a lot.”

Objectively because it’s pro FTP or in general? Looking at this from my pov as objectively as I can it seems incredibly offensive. I purchased a GW2 collector’s edition at launch (pre order) and have bought an account for my wife (not $10) and we’re asked to purchae HoT for the same price as a new player who’ll get GW2 and HoT for the same money, while you now give away GW2 for free.

Going free to play while selling a paid expansion and continuing your gem store centrism feels shady. I haven’t pre purchased and I’m now glad I didn’t if I buy HoT I might do so through a box retailer, sure I’ll lose my free character slot but it will profit Anet less than buying digital it’s a small thing but it’s how I’ll show my displeasure should I continue

Perhaps because he tested it and based his opinion on the observable results of the testing rather than on preconceived notions. Its about as objective as one can get in a matter such as this.

He’s observed no results he performed 1 test this is an mmo the proof comes when tens of thousands trample in the FTP line and have their fun

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Stari Pulchra.3150

Stari Pulchra.3150

This bothers me, because of what will happen in the future. I don’t have much faith that the community will stay the way it is. It’s not 100% great, but it’s a lot better than most. And I’m pretty sure all of us here have seen at least once what happens when an MMO goes F2P. Yes, it brings in more players. But it also brings in more bad players, not skill wise. More trolls, more children(sorry but in my experience they are never a great addition), etc.

This is all my opinion of course, and I don’t normally even comment on things. But something like this bothered me enough to say something, for what that’s worth.

Posted by: meeflak.9714

meeflak.9714

Hey, all,

We know you’ll have a lot of questions about GW2 and our opportunity for folks to join the community through the Play for Free initiative. I’ll point you to a comparison chart here: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157?_ga=1.243374597.1017581385.1401897416

Gaile I’m so sad. =(

All professions lvl 80. x2 elementalist
main Druid ~~Adalyn Del Rayna~~ [SIGH]
[Ehmry Bay]

Posted by: Kormeg.2469

Kormeg.2469

Sorry I was so sceptic. I have just created the F2P account and it looks like everything will be fine. No bot spamming, no gold selling, no changes to major things in trading post. I really like it. The restriction for free players are not restricting them from enjoying all the aspects of the game…. and if they want to join the community, they can either level up their ranks and levels, or buy the game.

Bravo ArenaNet.

I just shared this post with the team. Thank you for looking at this objectively and for sharing your thoughts. As one of our team said, “We really did think about this a lot.”

Objectively because it’s pro FTP or in general? Looking at this from my pov as objectively as I can it seems incredibly offensive. I purchased a GW2 collector’s edition at launch (pre order) and have bought an account for my wife (not $10) and we’re asked to purchae HoT for the same price as a new player who’ll get GW2 and HoT for the same money, while you now give away GW2 for free.

Going free to play while selling a paid expansion and continuing your gem store centrism feels shady. I haven’t pre purchased and I’m now glad I didn’t if I buy HoT I might do so through a box retailer, sure I’ll lose my free character slot but it will profit Anet less than buying digital it’s a small thing but it’s how I’ll show my displeasure should I continue

I really really don’t get this mentality. You paid for something and have been using it fine for 3 years, they now offer a restricted/incomplete for free to other ppl as a means to get them interested and you are ‘offended’.

Really, you take offense to other people being given something nice that won’t significantly affect you?

You’ve had a 3 year leg up on them, and have received content updates for free that they’ll have to pay for to experience. Whatever. People will find anything to be ‘offended’ by nowadays.

Posted by: Atros.9607

Atros.9607

Just like me, a lot of you have the Free2Play decision whirling around in your heads that it is blocking us from thinking rationally. So here is a second to stop, pause, and unwind on this decision.

Let’s look at what Anet has been telling us about their business model in TL; DR fashion: New accounts are above veteran accounts

Why?

As a finance and economics major, studying business I can tell you: Profits are higher when more accounts are made

Look at it this way:
New account Pricing
Core cost: $25 (prices do vary)
Expansion cost: $50 (if they buy HoT directly)

Veteran Pricing
Core cost: $0
Subscription cost: $0
Gem Store: $0

So where is the profit coming from? Not from veteran players. The business model is to attract new players to buy Guild Wars 2 so that they (Anet) can in turn continue to produce more content for us veterans.

Anet could change their business model if the sense of entitlement was not so prevalent amongst the veterans. I hear vets complain about outfits this, and wanting free that. They fail to realize that the core profits from Guild Wars 2 comes from new players. If we (the vets) could out profit the new players, we would get more attention and more detail in our outfits and endgame content.

But we don’t.

The only profits Anet can make from vets is Gem Store and with the gold to gems and the behind the scenes grinding we do to get gem store items for free is not profitable to Anet. Unless we start using our credit cards to pay for gem store items, Anet sees no profit in veterans.

Business speaking, there is a loss in veterans. They pay devs, QA’s, and all sorts of other employees salaries to pump out content we vets play for free. Instead of tearing down Anet with gripes and whines and all other forms of ignorant complaints, try to make a difference in the game and company’s way of thinking.

TL;DR Anet lives off new players. Veterans need to outweigh new player profits to make a change.

[ShW] Shrouded Warband § Gold Invader § Fort Aspenwood
My pugs are not lemmings, they just fell off that cliff because I did

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

I dont have a problem with f2p, I think it’s a fantastic idea. I don’t have a problem the base game not getting any future updates because the base game is basically finished. Ofcourse I also bought HoT.

As a veteran gw2 player I have had to pay for two games. The base game and HoT. That is perfectly fine. What I don’t understand is that new players only have to pay for one game while I have to pay for two games. This makes me feel like I have wasted my money because I did not wait until all the expansions came out so I could save a bunch of money. I think it is really unfair to the playes who purchased the game when it came out.

The saying “Time is money”is relevant here. You’ve payed for 3 years of GW2. Not gonna talk about HoT because its the same for you and the new player- they have to buy it to get its benefits.

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

I wouldn’t grant access to WvW. Level caps also would have been reasonable. I would also ask ANet to share details on the trading post. Whispers are another that is potentially are going to be an issue.

So in other words, you’re okay with free players existing…so long as they can’t actually play the game.

Do you WvW today? If so, what server?

I’m Devonas Rest, and no, I do not. I’m not sure if Devona’s even has a WvW community any more.

Why do you ask?

Posted by: Aluna Darklady.3165

Aluna Darklady.3165

I like gw2, i have played this for years. But because new ppl get most of it for free, it makes us veterans stop playing. I bought gw2, and a few weeks ago HoT.

Either they give some compensation to the veterans or they will lose a huge part of their player base.

If veterans are quitting the game, it isn’t because there is a F2P option. There are other reasons and this might be the “nail in the coffin” as they say. What i’m saying is that if you play the game and love the game, and still love the game, then you aren’t going to be quitting over this, and if you do, that’s absolutely ridiculous.

I think the GW2 community is unique in that they are welcoming and helpful (well, for the most part) and I think those of us who truly enjoy the game will welcome the influx of new players. I see all these complaints about flooding the servers, but in reality, it seems kind of sparse at times, and I think that it would be nice to grow the population. I think it’s thoughtful of ANet to start this NOW so that F2P players have the time to try the game, and build up a character before HoT release in October.

~Mera Darklady~
Legion of Honour [XIII]
Elementalist

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

So as a loyal player I get to pay twice, so what happens when the next xpac comes when ever that is, will HoT then switch to f2p? If I where to not buy HoT what would happen? I know these are not questions that need to happen, but if we follow the logic, then to lowers the barrier of entry HoT has to go f2p. So if you are a loyal player you will always pay more. Take that for what you will.

I don´t even want to argue against the logic of your argument as it is simply true. But as I see it, we are paying for early access here, not the product itself. If you get the next expansion, then you will pay there for early access too.
Not to say that this is fair or something, but your choice is basically to either play for example 2 years with brakes on for this special type of content, or not.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I like gw2, i have played this for years. But because new ppl get most of it for free, it makes us veterans stop playing. I bought gw2, and a few weeks ago HoT.

Either they give some compensation to the veterans or they will lose a huge part of their player base.

Why would you stop playing?

You also might want to speak for yourself rather than veterans as a group.

Posted by: dane.4638

dane.4638

I dont think people have a problem with the ftp model. The problem is with people paying full price for just the expansion when others get the full game plus the expansion for the same price.

Kormeg.2469

It’s a means of getting everyone to play together, and to make new players feel as though they aren’t the ones losing money, by paying for a base game that they dont really want compared to the expanded version.

One reason I never got into WoW is cuz I didn’t want to have to by like 3 expansions even though I just wanted to get to the last one to play with my brother. If Blizz had done what Anet is doing now, then the way would have open for me.

PoodleDoodleDoo.3247

The saying “Time is money”is relevant here. You’ve payed for 3 years of GW2. Not gonna talk about HoT because its the same for you and the new player- they have to buy it to get its benefits.

Nope! I bought the core game for kitten . I also bought HoT for kitten . New players get both the core game and HoT for kitten

Posted by: wbfytw.4265

wbfytw.4265

Well its been one hell of a ride for me in GW2 but I`ll get of here.
I played a Pay to Play game for a reason, am going back to WoW.

Aidenwolf.5964

Bravo ArenaNet.

I really really don’t get this mentality. You paid for something and have been using it fine for 3 years, they now offer a restricted/incomplete for free to other ppl as a means to get them interested and you are ‘offended’.

Really, you take offense to other people being given something nice that won’t significantly affect you?

You’ve had a 3 year leg up on them, and have received content updates for free that they’ll have to pay for to experience. Whatever. People will find anything to be ‘offended’ by nowadays.

I paid for lifetime access paid for those “free” updates I cannot stand when someone confuses a BTP with a FTP model, I received nothing in GW2 for free.

PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I think they did good on the restrictions but I disagree with unlocking squad chat at level 30. If you are showing a friend around the game before he buys it you shouldn’t have to use local chat and whispers to communicate.

Also I think they shouldn’t call it a free account. With all the restrictions its nothing but a free trial. Also with all the things us veterans have done over the 3 years there are things that the free to play accounts will never get so there’s no point in being upset.

PoodleDoodleDoo.3247

It’s a means of getting everyone to play together, and to make new players feel as though they aren’t the ones losing money, by paying for a base game that they dont really want compared to the expanded version.

One reason I never got into WoW is cuz I didn’t want to have to by like 3 expansions even though I just wanted to get to the last one to play with my brother. If Blizz had done what Anet is doing now, then the way would have open for me.

Yes I see that but how is it fair to me? Why should I have to pay more money while new players don’t? Why am I getting punished for buying the core game when it released?

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I wouldn’t grant access to WvW. Level caps also would have been reasonable. I would also ask ANet to share details on the trading post. Whispers are another that is potentially are going to be an issue.

So in other words, you’re okay with free players existing…so long as they can’t actually play the game.

Do you WvW today? If so, what server?

I’m Devonas Rest, and no, I do not. I’m not sure if Devona’s even has a WvW community any more.

Why do you ask?

I think we are coming at this from different angles. I am ok with more access to PvE, but less to WvW. PvE is made to expand as needed as possible, WvW is not built that way. Therefore there is more impact there.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Heylel.2109

Heylel.2109

It’s not really that relevant.

We paid for the rights to play GW2 three years sooner, yeah, but we also had to deal with bugs\fixes\balancing. The current GW2 is a more refined product that is being given out for free to people using the F2P mode AND people who are getting HotU.

Posted by: xinkspillx.3914

xinkspillx.3914

The developers seem to be taking a lot of pains to ensure this change won’t wreck what makes the community great and it’s appreciated. With the main focus of the (PvE) game likely shifting to another area soon, this really will help keep the base game populated and thriving so that it remains appealing to play.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I think the saddest part is the lack of Forum Posting Access…

Yeah, there are many other places where they can ask things, but seriously these are the official forums, these are the places where players should ask their inquiries.

I really don’t want them to have forum access except for the bugs and the tech support forums. If you’ve seen the forums of f2p games you would know why. We don’t need more trolls.

Posted by: wbfytw.4265

wbfytw.4265

am out..
Gj anet you lost me.

Kormeg.2469

Bravo ArenaNet.

I paid for lifetime access paid for those “free” updates I cannot stand when someone confuses a BTP with a FTP model, I received nothing in GW2 for free.

Ok, fair point. But now HoT is here, and you haven’t paid for that yet, but what…you deserve that for free too? Or at a discount? or not even, just as long as those new players pay just as much as you did on a depreciated product. That’ll make you feel better.

Posted by: dane.4638

dane.4638

“I told you I would give you a stupid character slot now pay me at least 50 dollars like this guy I just gave all the stuff you already have for free paid!”

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

There is no digital deluxe available for purchase.

Posted by: BattleRattle.5420

BattleRattle.5420

I think the f2p is an awesome idea and I really like the way they go about it, however I am sad that as a veteran player, I have already brought HoT which include the core game – so I have basically brought gw2 core game 2 times, and now new players are gonna get it for free ;_;

It would have been better if prepurcasing HoT would not include the core game, and be cheaper as a result, so that you basically would give the same as a new f2p player would give when buying HoT in the future.

Posted by: barbariccia.9801

barbariccia.9801

I want my money back. I am not lab rat. I payed to play this game because it was “premium” so now it’s free? Logic.

Kormeg.2469

Yes I see that but how is it fair to me? Why should I have to pay more money while new players don’t? Why am I getting punished for buying the core game when it released?

You aren’t being punished. New players are being given a gift.

Actually no, I wanna hear this. How are you being punished exactly? I’m curious

Posted by: BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

I think one of the problems is that they – at least subjectively – continue to devalue the core game for players who do not want to buy the expansion (yet).
I’m not saying that devaluation is real but I can certainly see why people would perceive it as such.
Basically: if you don’t own HoT you are kind of 2nd class from now on (no new content, class development probably geard towards elite specializations etc.)

So much left that I wanted to see…

Posted by: ubaid.8213

ubaid.8213

Look, I get it. ANet is a business. A business exists to make money.

But this is something else again.

First, whether or not it’s true, it feels like “Guild Wars 2: Heart of Desperation.” It makes me wonder if the random rumours that always crop up in any MMO are true for GW2: Players are leaving in droves and numbers are way down.

Frankly, I feel somewhat cheated. I have friends on the European server and on the American server. I can’t play with them together, so I bought the game twice – at full price. Two accounts. Both at $60 a pop.

And now it’s F2P, restrictions or not, and all people who paid full price for the game will get is a new character slot.

What’s done is done, and now that the Pandora’s Box of F2P is open, there’s no going back.

The wiser course of action would have been to drop the price. Take it to $30, or put it in the $20 bargain bin.

I could have taken this a lot easier if that’s what’d happened.

How could ANet not have known there would be backlash over this?

I bought gems today, before I found out about this.

I assure you, it’s the last gem purchase I’ll ever make, and at $49.99, I will certainly pass on HoT.

There are other games to play.

(edited by ubaid.8213)

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

There is no digital deluxe available for purchase.

There is, it’s in the gem store for 2000 gems.

However free accounts cannot buy gems for gold, so buying the 2000 gems would take real money.

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

I do not understand how not using the TP alienates you from the community?

The TP is one of the few areas that actually manages to reward players in any meaningful way, due to the heavy RNG in the game, and the low amount of overall coin from anything that isn’t a specific dungeon run.

When you remove the ability to use the TP, you remove a major reward source.

I asked you about the community restriction, you tried to change the subject. Are you implying that you have no answer to my question?

Er, no, I apparently misread your question, and apparently didn’t segment my points properly?

I’m trying to say that, with a game like GW2, to let people play for free, you have to shove people off in a corner and only let them kind of taste the game, rather than doing what you claim, and actually letting them play the game without a price tag.

This means removing them from PvP, removing them from WvW, removing them from the TP (which removes income source, reward source, as well as more materials being available to the TP itself), chat restrictions, etc.

This is a community driven game, so it does no good if you remove free players from the community.

I don’t know, I guess I can’t answer your question in a way you’ll find acceptable?

I guess I don’t get why the TP portion of what I’m saying matters so much to you?

Posted by: Maiku Larzon.7150

Maiku Larzon.7150

By paying for 2 games where the f2p just need to pay for one?

~We can’t be caught. We are outside the grid.
we are the ultimate defence against mordremoth.
We are Ley Line Jumpers

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Hey devs, can you quit messing with merging topics for abit. Kindof annoying to write kitten out only to get a “Error has occurred” because you can’t decide on whether a topic should be merged or not.. Talking about the “Business Student Thread”

Aidenwolf.5964

Bravo ArenaNet.

Ok, fair point. But now HoT is here, and you haven’t paid for that yet, but what…you deserve that for free too? Or at a discount? or not even, just as long as those new players pay just as much as you did on a depreciated product. That’ll make you feel better.

What I own, my lifetime access which is what B2P means is now worthless and you think I’m jumping in the HoT train? I’ll wait

PugLife SoloQ

Kormeg.2469

New players had to wait 3 years to only have to buy one game. I guess theure being punished too

PoodleDoodleDoo.3247

Alright I admit it. Punished was an overstatement. My bad. My question is the basic problem that arises in every family at some point.
If you have two kids and you only give one of them a gift, the other is going to get angry/sad/feel left out. Why do new players get this “gift” while a veteran player gets nothing? Is this fair to me to charge me more than the new players just because I played the game before HoT came out?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Likely falls into items at the Gem Shop not available to F2P.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Maybe it doesn’t bother me asuch because I know 2 people who got full accounts for free years ago? My husband actually got a free collectors edition. I didn’t resent that and he literally got everything I have for free, not a restricted version.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Heylel.2109

Heylel.2109

I think the saddest part is the lack of Forum Posting Access…

Yeah, there are many other places where they can ask things, but seriously these are the official forums, these are the places where players should ask their inquiries.

I really don’t want them to have forum access except for the bugs and the tech support forums. If you’ve seen the forums of f2p games you would know why. We don’t need more trolls.

Yeah, I’ve been in the world of both Sub-to-Play and Free-to-Play forums, in some cases (Aion and SWTOR) I’ve also seen the transition from the first to the latter. And honestly I’d say that Trolls will still be trolls, to the point that the very worst of them would just buy the core game on Amazon\ebay\some shop for uber cheap (Once HoT will come out.) just to troll.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I think one of the problems is that they – at least subjectively – continue to devalue the core game for players who do not want to buy the expansion (yet).
I’m not saying that devaluation is real but I can certainly see why people would perceive it as such.
Basically: if you don’t own HoT you are kind of 2nd class from now on (no new content, class development probably geard towards elite specializations etc.)

Another way of putting it might be: if you dont buy the product that the company is currently spending enormous sums of money to produce you dont get it.

I dont see the devaluation of the core game. It has the same number of zones, etc now as it did weeks or months ago. Not getting bigger isnt the same as getting smaller.

Posted by: XPilo.5862

XPilo.5862

Free to play players shouldn’t get acess to:

Guild Banks
Buy gems with gold

The price of gems is crazy now if you allow the free players buy gems with gold then the price will skyrocket so high that no one will be able to buy gems again, except for the hardcore farmers.

And we need put more strict behavior rules we don’t want this game comunity became another league of legend !!

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Bravo ArenaNet.

What I own, my lifetime access which is what B2P means is now worthless and you think I’m jumping in the HoT train? I’ll wait

The core game was already free for anyone who bought HoT. It’s the same discussion all over again.

Posted by: SkullProX.7083

SkullProX.7083

At least dumb anet could made this f2p thing 3months long, then players who like the game would buy it, those wou not can go away, and not play…

Posted by: Aluna Darklady.3165

Aluna Darklady.3165

How are you being punished? You played the game for up to three years. New players won’t be getting everything you got. You can continue to play just as you are, not buy HoT, and still be better off than the F2P players.

~Mera Darklady~
Legion of Honour [XIII]
Elementalist

(edited by Aluna Darklady.3165)

Posted by: Maiku Larzon.7150

Maiku Larzon.7150

New players had to wait 3 years to only have to buy one game. I guess theure being punished too

Why are they punished?? If they wanted the game, they could just buy it?

~We can’t be caught. We are outside the grid.
we are the ultimate defence against mordremoth.
We are Ley Line Jumpers