*Precursor Rage*

*Precursor Rage*

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kernave.5732

Kernave.5732

I got my 3rd precursor a day or so ago or a random mob in Cursed Shore

They’re still dropping. .-.

Congratulations.

Yes they can drop anywhere with as close as you can get to no chance of it happening. Which I hope they keep that like it is I bet you were very happy when you saw it and things like this are good.

But it would be nice to have a refined way of achieving one or a more specific area where they are more likely to drop at the cost of it being account bound. Perhaps they can put a new hard zone or hard dungeon in that has a more likely occurrence of precursor drops, where you can improve your magic find specifically in the zone or better yet include a reward track or world treasure trial.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Some people are lucky.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

ow btw…about throwing in rares/exotics…
Could it be true that throwing in “named” exotics raises the odds for getting a precursor ?
I noticed that when I throw in “normal” ones, I get mostly normals in return..but when I use named ones, I get back more named ones
Anyone else noticed this?

Not entirely true – in fact I noticed precisely the opposite. I threw in 4 berserker staves (all the same make, stats, etc.) and got my lucky drop. I threw in all other kinds of named exo’s like deathwish, imryldyeen, silence, etc. and got jack-all in return. Also note, the cost of the named exo’s is roughly in line with most of the other exotic staves, unless their stats are more in line with berserker. If there is a difference it’s not that great.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Some people are lucky.

Yes, and there has been a lot of evidence to indicate that it’s more than simply luck, that some accounts are simply more lucky than others in a more fundamental RNG code bug kind of way. Perhaps the account number is used to seed the RNG and it influences the outcome whether it be for good or bad.

I near had a heart attack last night. I had Imryldeen drop, my first named exotic in months, a fairly common one and not worth much, but it shares a skin, and icon, with The Legend. It was a huge let down. :/

(edited by Leamas.5803)

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Goldberg.4831

Goldberg.4831

Some people are lucky.

Yes, and there has been a lot of evidence to indicate that it’s more than simply luck, that some accounts are simply more lucky than others in a more fundamental RNG code bug kind of way. Perhaps the account number is used to seed the RNG and it influences the outcome whether it be for good or bad.

I near had a heart attack last night. I had Imryldeen drop, my first named exotic in months, a fairly common one and not worth much, but it shares a skin, and icon, with The Legend. It was a huge let down. :/

This, grats on the precursor btw. I am more inclinded to believe certain accounts are flagged. Played since first BWE and have never seen a precursor, done it all, WVW, dungeons, world bosses, all of the living story, magic toliet, everything. I am at the point where the only thing left is working for a legendary, its just a little difficult when you are still waiting on the first piece. So I start saving my gold and just thought I would buy a precursor, but with the way the prices are going up, I cant make gold fast enough. Its just a tad frustrating when your in a dugeon run, and stop counting how many times this guardian changed his Legendaries. What am I doing wrong, I even threw cash at anet still no change.

*Precursor Rage*

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I had Imryldyeen come out of my welfare ancient karka chest (Anet’s attempt at an apology and recompense for missing the Nov ‘12 karka finale, having participated in all other events), and to me that was a kick in the teeth. Yes it was a named exotic but no I still couldn’t land that pre, even though, as above, the skin is shared with The Legend. The only good thing to come from that chest was the 20-slot bag.

Also, compared to today’s prices, The Legend was ridiculously cheap (~120g). Even back then there was this undeniable voice in me that screamed DON’T DO IT!!

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Could it be true that throwing in “named” exotics raises the odds for getting a precursor ?
I noticed that when I throw in “normal” ones, I get mostly normals in return..but when I use named ones, I get back more named ones

I did got twilight pre-cursos throwing 4 yellows: 2 were daggers, 1 medium helmet and heavy boots.

RNG is RNG

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I did got twilight pre-cursos throwing 4 yellows: 2 were daggers, 1 medium helmet and heavy boots.

RNG is RNG

Wait, wait, wait… you got it by mixing armor and weapons?

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Mixing rare armor and weapons gives you a chance at ANY rare or exotic armor or weapon. Just like throwing 4 random weapons in will give you a random weapon back.

*Precursor Rage*

Leamas.5803

I had Imryldyeen come out of my welfare ancient karka chest (Anet’s attempt at an apology and recompense for missing the Nov ‘12 karka finale, having participated in all other events), and to me that was a kick in the teeth. Yes it was a named exotic but no I still couldn’t land that pre, even though, as above, the skin is shared with The Legend. The only good thing to come from that chest was the 20-slot bag.

Also, compared to today’s prices, The Legend was ridiculously cheap (~120g). Even back then there was this undeniable voice in me that screamed DON’T DO IT!!

I remember it being 60g, this was in the days of rampant bots that constantly fed the TP…ahhhh, the good ‘ol days. The Ancient Karaka Shell accessory was good too, or did that not come out of the chest? I don’t remember, I know people who received 4 precursors from that chest…unreal!!

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Wait, wait, wait… you got it by mixing armor and weapons?

When using rares, you can mix armor and weapons and get an armor or a weapon.

Since armor is cheap, you can increase your number of forges using this method, however you also decrease your odds of getting a Precursor since your result table just doubled.

Server: Devona’s Rest

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

this guy stole all the luck from other people’s accounts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UyZ1I2xesU&feature=youtu.be

check out his other videos too – he gets GS precursors every 300g spent

*Precursor Rage*

Aidenwolf.5964

The most recent comment on that video is word for word how I feel about this game’s ridiculously bugged RNG. I feel that no matter how many forges I do, I will never get anything while the forge is working just fine for others.

PugLife SoloQ

*Precursor Rage*

Valento.9852

The most recent comment on that video is word for word how I feel about this game’s ridiculously bugged RNG. I feel that no matter how many forges I do, I will never get anything while the forge is working just fine for others.

That’s the nature of randomness.

PS.: I do hate RNG precursors, but that’s just how it goes. Hopefully they’ll implement scavenger hunt soon.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I finally decided to play this game smart…. I won’t play mystic toilet and I won’t buy precursor and dump all the money I earned the hard way just to have a skin. It’s better to invest gold, play with it to get more. And when dumping 3000 rare GSs won’t ruin me, I will get the precursor. Guys like the one in the video just don’t care about losing. They have so much gold, they can buy anything. The game completely changes for them. No need for farming ever again.

*Precursor Rage*

Leamas.5803

The only time I use the forge is for staves that I get as drops. Usually takes a while to collect 4.

*Precursor Rage*

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I remember it being 60g, this was in the days of rampant bots that constantly fed the TP…ahhhh, the good ‘ol days. The Ancient Karaka Shell accessory was good too, or did that not come out of the chest? I don’t remember, I know people who received 4 precursors from that chest…unreal!!

Yes the accessory came from the chest as well, although I kinda need two of them to make them useful. I was going to sell Imryldyeen was only selling for 1g83s at the time I got mine (I have a screenie somewhere) and now it’s ~5.5g. If it was selling at the prices you say, I must have missed that or just not watched the TP enough to care. I was so broke in those days I couldn’t even afford to pay attention!

*Precursor Rage*

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

The only time I use the forge is for staves that I get as drops. Usually takes a while to collect 4.

I bought all my 4 exo’s and didn’t care what I got in return. I was tired and ready to go to bed. Then there it was, straight from the forge. I went from being tired to not being able to sleep… such a buzz.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Hmh, maybe I spend 100G i have saved gambling on a precursor, so tempting.

*Precursor Rage*

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Keep that 100g for MF attempts, but only when you feel like trying your luck. As I’ve said before, try maybe once or twice a week, and keep building on that 100g as your precursor attempt coffer, so you can buy either materials towards making rares or exo’s, or just buying rares or exo’s from the TP.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Bloodyhell.8760

Bloodyhell.8760

here I am too!

3.700 hours played since the beginning, 2 leggendaries done, but no precursor dropped!

Done tons of events, tons of dungeon and pve contant and reached rank 130 in www (poor result, but i’ve done it) and also rank 52 in pvp (same comment).

Also i’ve reached 200% basic magic find per account.

No results, no precursors, even no more significant drop.

sob.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Keep that 100g for MF attempts, but only when you feel like trying your luck. As I’ve said before, try maybe once or twice a week, and keep building on that 100g as your precursor attempt coffer, so you can buy either materials towards making rares or exo’s, or just buying rares or exo’s from the TP.

I already finished my legendary, I’m looking for a quick profit.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

Learn to flip items on the TP. 100g isn’t even close enough for the statistics to work in your favor, assuming it ever could.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Hmh, maybe I spend 100G i have saved gambling on a precursor, so tempting.

Or keep saving and buy the kitten thing instead of gambling away 5 times it’s value over the course of a few months?

And how legendary is that?

How legendary is it to gamble in the mystic forge?

I know, we need a sure way, an epic quest scavenger hunt

Most people that say that are just looking for a way to turn a profit since if you want one, you already got one for yourself.
Legendary weapons aren’t spouse to be end game, they were spouse to be rare, which they aren’t anymore when you have people with 2K AP running with one.
They’ve always looked silly, with the bragging rights value completely gone not sure why would anyone want one anymore.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

*Precursor Rage*

Valento.9852

The “epic questline” should be unlocked when someone reaches 15k-20k AP. It could have RNG, but not as heavy as the one we currently have, we could spice it up with the “maturing weapon” idea someone gave in another thread.

There can be ways to turn legendaries into something they’re meant to be – legendary!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

4.2k hours played since headstart, +1k gold down the forge, 0 precursor drops yet 4 legendaries and 1 precursor waiting to be crafted all thanks to the wonders of the TP.

If you want a legendary then just buy the kitten thing from the TP.

I have to completely disagree with you I have 2 and working on 3 more missing gift of fortune for one and precursor + fortune for the other 2 but those are both over 1000g for the pre each. I have 1.4k hours since headstart because you know I have a LIFE and bills to pay starting a family etc things you clearly do not I was able to hard core farm some of the places before they nerfed them that’s how I got what I have now. As of now I don’t know where to farm where to make money in a quick and reliable fashion and the precursors are in the hands of the greedy kittens now please give us precursor crafting so I can quit relying on people like this guy. Hint 1300 exotic greatswords in the forge not one pre seriously never got dawn or dusk still had to buy the thing off tp for 747 gold when I made my twilight.

*Precursor Rage*

Leamas.5803

The “epic questline” should be unlocked when someone reaches 15k-20k AP. It could have RNG, but not as heavy as the one we currently have, we could spice it up with the “maturing weapon” idea someone gave in another thread.

There can be ways to turn legendaries into something they’re meant to be – legendary!

15-20k AP…WOW!!! When someone achieves this level of AP, ANet should just give them a legendary as part of the reward, because the truly deserve it!!! But really, that makes it essentially impossible for anyone who does not want to do a kittenload of WvW or PvP. It can’t be tied to AP, at least not nearly that high. 5000AP I might be able to agree with.

It’s too late for legendaries…unless they create new legendaries or do some sort of reset on them. Allowing them to be traded in the TP, even precursors, really takes away much of the luster when someone with deep pockets can just go and buy one. IMO ascended gear is much more legendary than legendaries…too bad most of the ascended stuff is so kitten ugly.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

*Precursor Rage*

Valento.9852

If they add new legendaries I seriously hope they don’t add a crapton of particle effects, as it’s already too much. I personally seek Bifrost and I don’t find it overloading with effects, it’s cleanly rainbows and even the footsteps are simple rainbows, the pistol on the other hand has too many different effect patterns sparkling out from the weapon.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

*Precursor Rage*

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Bifrost is subtle but effective, even with the enhanced footfalls. It sprouts the occasional rainbow stream from character movement and that’s all part of the package, it’s a very nice legendary. But understand that part of getting the legendary IS the particle effects. It’s a skin with a lot of frills and BiS functionality. Take sunrise or twilight, if you have someone with one of those running in front of you and they have their weapon wielded, it’s hard enough to see in front of you with the colour stream.

Honestly if they want to get people started on this precursor quest type of deal like people are talking about above, then start at a more realistic 10k AP. That says that you’re accomplished and know what’s what in the game (mostly).

*Precursor Rage*

Leamas.5803

Either way, they have to greatly increase the drop rate, it’s the only way to reduce the prices. I don’t see them increasing the drop rate, so we’re all pretty much screwed. 1400g for The Legend as I write this. It’s just obscene!!!

*Precursor Rage*

Valento.9852

Either way, they have to greatly increase the drop rate, it’s the only way to reduce the prices. I don’t see them increasing the drop rate, so we’re all pretty much screwed. 1400g for The Legend as I write this. It’s just obscene!!!

If the price keeps rising I will never be able to buy it… I’m saving but I don’t have enough time, I play roughly 4h a day WHEN I can. I honestly think the way to obtain precursors at this moment is completely broken, no matter how hard the profit-hard gamers try to impose how awesome it is, the truth is that it’s not.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

*Precursor Rage*

Aidenwolf.5964

If the price keeps rising I will never be able to buy it… I’m saving but I don’t have enough time, I play roughly 4h a day WHEN I can. I honestly think the way to obtain precursors at this moment is completely broken, no matter how hard the profit-hard gamers try to impose how awesome it is, the truth is that it’s not.

Precursor drop rate needs to be completely overhauled when Anet get back from their Chinese launch duties. The only people who like it as is are the hard core flippers and those with outrageous luck. You know, the same guys who say people don’t flip precursors.

PugLife SoloQ

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Rage is too little word to express the disappointment. I am literally DISGUSTED , because there is nothing legendary in that, most of people simply buy loads of gems to convert in gold to buy their precursors. And they are not just reaching the sky for how expensive they are currently (1000+g) but they are growing always more rare! Seriously, 6 Dusk’s all over the TP, 6?! -.-

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

*Precursor Rage*

Leamas.5803

Rage is too little word to express the disappointment. I am literally DISGUSTED , because there is nothing legendary in that, most of people simply buy loads of gems to convert in gold to buy their precursors. And they are not just reaching the sky for how expensive they are currently (1000+g) but they are growing always more rare! Seriously, 6 Dusk’s all over the TP, 6?! -.-

There was only 2 of The Legend an hour ago, only 1 when I last checked a couple days ago. Some have none on there….but fear not…there are 23 Eternity GS…seriously. In nearly all cases, there are more legendaries for sale than their required pc.

*Precursor Rage*

Aidenwolf.5964

It is odd that this price hike in precursors is happening right before the China launch and the 50% GW2 sale. We are after all helping to fund the Chinese launch whether we like it or not. Prices go way up… People buy gems.

PugLife SoloQ

*Precursor Rage*

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, precursor hoarders and market controllers seem like they’re just to-and-fro’ing the supplies between each other in order to create artificial inflation. In reach of the average player? Not a chance.

Precursors should have a mechanic in them for trade… sell once then account bound to the buyer. End of story, no more artificial inflation.

*Precursor Rage*

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Precursor drop rate needs to be completely overhauled when Anet get back from their Chinese launch duties. The only people who like it as is are the hard core flippers and those with outrageous luck. You know, the same guys who say people don’t flip precursors.

Anet will have it’s own list of things to launch when China is settled, precursors aren’t on that list. Yes I agree, their priorities are screwed.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

Anet will have it’s own list of things to launch when China is settled, precursors aren’t on that list. Yes I agree, their priorities are screwed.

In the update review they added ascended weaponsmith they said during this next year they’ll be adding the option to craft precursors.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

In the update review they added ascended weaponsmith they said during this next year they’ll be adding the option to craft precursors.

Crafting precursors? We’ve heard that one before, as well as a scavenger hunt. Crafting will be nice, but you know the mats are going to be butt. There will be major time gates no doubt, but also almost definitely require ascended level crafting, which isn’t exactly easy or cost effective for a standard player.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Arcade Fire.4895

Arcade Fire.4895

The final nail in the coffin was the huge nerf to farming Orr with this crappy megaserver change.

You at least had a little bit of a chance to maybe get lucky with a precursor drop while still being able to farm income through heavy moldy bags and various drops but it got nerfed so terribly and it’s driving up the prices for mats/pres/etc.

*Precursor Rage*

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

The naïvety of the general populace astounds me. People genuinely think a precursor hunt/scavenger hunt/precursor build patch will be released.

I hope to be astounded when they actually release something to meet the precursor end. I’m tired of disappointment, I’d rather be surprised.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

How blessed your account is. I checked my account droprate and Anet put 0 to precursors and 0 to ascended boxes. I reached the 13k AP and I don’t think I’ll ever get a precursor or an ascended weapon/armor while all of the guys of my friendlist and their mothers linked me at least once their droppped precursor.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

The precursor drop rate or lack thereof is the main gold sink in GW2 and the number one method of keeping players gold poor to generate gem sales. Forgive me if I feel cheated by Anet. This isn’t a FTP game, a box price game that wasn’t supposed to act like one.

How is the precursor drop rate a gold sink?

Low drop rate forces players to use the Mystic Forge to get one. The mystic forge destroys 4 items while retuning one.

That’s not a gold sink at all. The gold was passed from one player to another to buy those 4 items in the first place. It doesn’t take gold from the economy at all, just redistributes it.

When those items are destroyed they are taken out of the game. Whether you use currency to buy rares or exotics or craft them is not the point.

Price per rare x 4 per forge x 5 for an average chance at an exotic which costs less than the sum of the rares used to forge it (especially with the new change to the forge in which you can actually get a sub 80 exo even when using all level 80 rares) this is a gold sink. Meaning it removes gold and items which have tradable value from the game.

Which still isn’t a gold sink, an item sink yes (which decreases or stops the deflation of material value), but a gold sink it isn’t. The gold is remaining in the system just being traded around the player base. X sink means that X is gone, it doesn’t mean it was traded around.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

The naïvety of the general populace astounds me. People genuinely think a precursor hunt/scavenger hunt/precursor build patch will be released.

I hope to be astounded when they actually release something to meet the precursor end. I’m tired of disappointment, I’d rather be surprised.

I know right, given the “it’s coming” for the last year and a half and how every 3 or 4 months they “scrap” the idea they had for it and have to start all over again…either they are wasting money with extremely poor planning or they’re just stringing along the naive players because given how the alleged implementation they were working on has been scrapped 4 times now and it’s been a year and a half you kind of need to be sticking your head in the sand thinking it’s actually coming any time soon (or ever) or that it’s been actively worked on unless you also think they are extremely poor at game design and planning given the scrapped and restarting from scratch 4 times so far.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

So yeh, was doing a very late night fractal 49 run with my guild mates and a random. Cleaning out my inventory or blues, greens and rares. As is my habit, always check my exotic box to make sure nothing of value fell in there. Found an exotic bow, was just about to salvage it and decided to link it to my guildies since we were all complaining about drops. Had a second look, lo and behold

Leaf of Kudzu

was literally seconds away from going back up to my mystic salvage kit… Thanks RNG XD

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

The final nail in the coffin was the huge nerf to farming Orr with this crappy megaserver change.

You at least had a little bit of a chance to maybe get lucky with a precursor drop while still being able to farm income through heavy moldy bags and various drops but it got nerfed so terribly and it’s driving up the prices for mats/pres/etc.

IKR

Orr farm was how I finished Sunrise. I’m glad I really jumped on the grind and got it done right before the patch.

Anet must be proud of themselves on that one, first they reduced their server costs, second the reduced that amount of material coming into the game. That must make that gem store more appealing, right?

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Learn to flip items on the TP. 100g isn’t even close enough for the statistics to work in your favor, assuming it ever could.

I would beg to differ from what I saw last night.

My housemate bought 12 rifles, 3rd attempt he got a Hunter. He then bought 12 shortbows and on the first attempt got a Lover. I decided to try my own luck, bought 20 swords, Zap on 3rd attempt. Sometimes, the forge is on fire.

First time either of us have had a precursor as a drop since we both started back in beta.

That was during the ‘looking ahead’ statement they made last year and it was supposed to be scheduled for end 2013. Since then they had stated that the rewards systems had changed after making that comment and that they won’t be adding precursor crafting any time soon.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

(edited by Static.9841)

*Precursor Rage*

Valento.9852

Experiences are just experiences, it only proves what we already know – RNG is RNG –, we’re mostly arguing how that’s a broken mechanics for a single item that may represent 50% of the legendary and the nonstop rising prices.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

(edited by Valento.9852)

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Just a quick note about probability. As a general rule of thumb if something happens on average every x times and you make x attempts, there is still a greater than one in three chance that you will not have had a success. The upshot of this is that placing items in the forge for your own precursor it is a huge gamble. The more you craft though the more the odds even out so if you are putting in huge numbers for profit then you can start to feel more comfortable about your outcomes.

So yeah, making a legendary contingent on a single very rare drop is a terrible system. On the other hand chances are good that you will do more than the amount expected to get a precursor and still not get it without the RNG being broken.

*Precursor Rage*

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Just a quick note about probability. As a general rule of thumb if something happens on average every x times and you make x attempts, there is still a greater than one in three chance that you will not have had a success. The upshot of this is that placing items in the forge for your own precursor it is a huge gamble. The more you craft though the more the odds even out so if you are putting in huge numbers for profit then you can start to feel more comfortable about your outcomes.

So yeah, making a legendary contingent on a single very rare drop is a terrible system. On the other hand chances are good that you will do more than the amount expected to get a precursor and still not get it without the RNG being broken.

yeah a lot of people dont get this, if its 1/1000, that doesnt mean you get it in 1000 tries, 1/3rd of the people wont get it in 1000 tries.
for every dude who got it on his first try there is a dude who gets it on the 6904th try(probability wise)