PvE Dueling

PvE Dueling

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kamikazi.5380

Kamikazi.5380

So if people can do this now, why add it to the game “officially”. And you don’t think a simple right click select challenge wouldn’t increase the occurrence of challenges?

Many reasons that are within reason rather than “I don’t want people play the game a certain way”

1.) Build diversity, PvE and WvW is much more flexible with stat allocation than sPvP especially since for whatever reason Anet has decided to remove the jewels that use to go with the amulets. Since we cannot fight our friends in WvW, it makes sense for us to duel them in PvE.

2.) Map diversity, after a while the sPvP maps get boring especially since it’s designed around capture points and not deathmatch. The one new death matche map they give us is basically a WvW clusterfest. In PvE we can fight each other in deserts, mountains, pirate ships (rip raid on capricorn), volcanoes etc

3.) It has no detrimental factor on you, despite your fears of harassment. If you walk by people dueling and get angry because of that thats on you, not them. I do not know a single dueler who enjoys fighting, or even fights for that matter, uplevels, nor duelers who prey on PvErs who offer no challenge. Note, I said duellers, which should not be confused with roamers outside Obsidian sanctum who don’t follow dueling standards

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

if such functionality was so important to you then why play a game that doesn’t have it?

The game does not currently have new content created post April 2014, does that mean that people for whom content addition, whether through LS or expansion, is important should leave the game ? Does it mean that new content should not be added because the game did not launch with it ? How about new skills, classes, weapons, armor skins, etc ?

PvE Dueling

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

Dead horse. Stick. Beating.

PvE Dueling

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

This thread (and the others like it) are exactly why there shouldn’t be open-world dueling.

If you are not in favor of dueling, here are some of the things you’ve been called by its supporters in this thread:

Lazy
Scared/cowardly
Delusional
Over-sensitive
Bitter
Ignorant
Stubborn Control-freaks
Whiners
Fear-mongerers
Angry
Foolish
Crazy
Have Trivial/Invalid concerns
Snippy
Magnet for trolls (love this one)
Liars
Anti-fun
Stupid
Selfish
Absurd
Having completely unbelievable opinions
Entitled
Unreasonable
Trolls/Bullies/Griefers (yes, seriously, and after all of the above was said about those against open-world dueling)
Asking to be harassed (Asking for it)
Petty
Silly
Haters
Over-emotional

And that’s only when they don’t just dismiss your opinions completely as not worthy considering.

These are the people that are telling us that there won’t be harassment and yet are being rude, insulting, and dismissive to those who simply don’t agree with them. If we can’t expect open world dueling’s biggest proponents to act maturely when discussing it, how can we expect any better from the trolls and griefers waiting for dueling to get their rocks off by harassing people who just want to play the game they bought as advertised? Since Guild Wars 1, Guild Wars has been about team play in pvp. Dueling is possible but has never been the focus of the game. It would be a major deviation, if this changed.

I saw earlier in this thread that custom arena is not a good option for dueling because it is costly. Yet, I never see dueling supporters making threads suggesting ways to improve the custom arenas or offering alternative suggestions to open-world dueling that are less intrusive to other players (opt-in is clearly not the magic fix here, or so many wouldn’t be against it). GW1 didn’t have open-world dueling and was better for it. However, it did offer dueling opportunities in guild halls. Why not request guild halls and a similar dueling feature there?

PvE Dueling

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

Dont want it.
Make some easily accessable arenas, make some remote area without hearts, vista, poi, events etc into a clearly marked duelling sone or whatever, but dueling around in Kryta?
No, dont want it.
It isnt, as many have pointed out, the duelling in itself that bothers me, its the drama around it. I dont want mapchat filled with endless accusations about hacks, exploits, fear, moms etc. etc.
There is already trolling in this game, why give trollers/harrasers more tools?

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Dueling yay or nay ?
take the poll and be heard

http://strawpoll.me/1650018/

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Gearbox.2748

Gearbox.2748

No! absolutely not.
There is nothing as annoying as a constant pop up of “Annoyingkid.1337” wants to dual you- do you accept?."…(clicking no) —-2 secs later “Annoyingkid.1337” wants to dual you- do you accept?."…——- OK now I block the kid.
3 secs later “Anotherannoyingkid.1337” wants to dual you- do you accept?." NO FFS!

- Chat going: Dual? dual? dual??!!! come on —- its FUn!!!!!1337——
Whispers: Why wont you dual.- its Funn!!!!11!

Go to the arenas.- its the kitten purpose of them. I already want to use a flamethrower on all the zergs and crowds jumping around the Trading posts and banks…Really don’t want duals going on also.

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

It’s not basic functionality if the game was designed never to have it (button to issue challenge another player and duel in PvE zone). And if such functionality was so important to you then why play a game that doesn’t have it?

It’s like complaining the game doesn’t have the traditional MMO trinity.

The game wasn’t designed specifically never to have dueling. There is nothing in the game that gets “broken” by adding the ability to freely duel people willing to do so in the open world (with a few restrictions).

I keep repeating myself, because most naysayers doesn’t seem to look for the suggested solutions to their issues with Dueling.

• IF you have to enable a Dueling tag to even be available to requests,
  • IF it wasn’t available in the main cities,
  • IF you could simply report someone for abusing duels,
    (which I don’t think will be even nearly as frequent as you make it sound) there isn’t really any good arguments against dueling.; They’re easily solved and petty in comparison to the arguments for a Dueling system.

“And if such functionality was so important to you then why play a game that doesn’t have it?”

Just because a game doesn’t have a certain functionality (however enjoyable or healthy it would be for the game) doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t play it.

Attachments:

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

No! absolutely not.
There is nothing as annoying as a constant pop up of “Annoyingkid.1337” wants to dual you- do you accept?."…(clicking no) —-2 secs later “Annoyingkid.1337” wants to dual you- do you accept?."…——- OK now I block the kid.
3 secs later “Anotherannoyingkid.1337” wants to dual you- do you accept?." NO FFS!

- Chat going: Dual? dual? dual??!!! come on —- its FUn!!!!!1337——
Whispers: Why wont you dual.- its Funn!!!!11!

Go to the arenas.- its the kitten purpose of them. I already want to use a flamethrower on all the zergs and crowds jumping around the Trading posts and banks…Really don’t want duals going on also.

Again, what people are asking for is a system where dueling is auto-disable as a default. It would have 2 options

1. Deny all dueling request
2. Allow dueling request

Option 1 is default. It would be the case that unless you manually have your setting set to option 2, all dueling request send to you will be denied from the requester’s end, i.e., you won’t even see the message. I don’t see a problem with that

About the argument that: well, they would just whisper me and pester me to duel!!!: ‘HEY wha’ts up coward, turn your dueling option ON"

People could do that to you NOW: “hey coward, go to pvp arena and 1 on 1 me”

In either case you could just block the guy.

Allowing the option above doesn’t change the behavior as it is already established. What it does is it allowed people who like to duel with PVE gears. It could help test out the effectiveness of one’s build and also help to train each other for WvW situations!!

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I’m for dueling in gw2, this is how I would like to see it implemented.

1. Not allowed in major hubs, LA, Vigil Keep, Rata Sum, etc..
  1. An option (checkbox) in settings for players that don’t want to be bothered.
  1. No death or finisher, duel ends when one player has one hit point left.
  1. Dueling allowed everywhere outside of City/major hubs in PvE environment.

Even w/all these naysayers and doomsday comments I personally have had far more better experiences dueling than negative. Outside of city hubs this content fulfilled times of boredom or simple breaks from the everyday norm of current content.

Yes I have been trolled winning & losing a duel, hardly matters though right? Add to ignore list and never run into that player again.

On the other hand I have had duels same faction & enemy that has resulted in a /bow, /salute, /cheer, “gd”, & “what build are you using?”. Some becoming pretty good friends over time.

Nostalgia inc
I still can recall one of my favorite duels from over half a decade ago during BC, an Alliance DK and my Horde DK went at it in Zangarmarsh.

Right before I had the kill hit I backed off and /sit to let himself heal up, he/she seemed a lil taken back and went ahead to heal up, we went at it again.

Almost an hour later and one to two accidental deaths (we both let each other rez and heal to 100% prior to going at it again) we had a crowd of both factions sitting around us not attacking each other watching the show that eventually ended in a /bow and going our own ways. Good times.

Fightclubs in the PvE world, this is a big factor for players that don’t understand or want dueling in PvE environments. They can happen anywhere anytime anyplace, and the world that Anet has built it would be a shame not to put it to use for this reason. Underwater, mountain tops, caves, towns, and even the consensual Deathmatches on bridges, peaks, Jp’s, etc..this is the point of dueling.

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

PvE Dueling

Phadde.7362

Dueling yay or nay ?
take the poll and be heard

http://strawpoll.me/1650018/

This is a great idea, so I started a separate thread with a poll form that website.

EDIT:
Well, they moved it to the Linksville-section of the forum, so my poll is pretty much dead now. (http://strawpoll.me/1650433/r)
Might as well use yours. Mine ended up with 30% against and 70% for dueling (with different variants)

Cred to Latinkuro

(edited by Phadde.7362)

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Gearbox.2748

Gearbox.2748

No! absolutely not.
There is nothing as annoying as a constant pop up of “Annoyingkid.1337”
*snip

Again, what people are asking for is a system where dueling is auto-disable as a default. It would have 2 options

1. Deny all dueling request
2. Allow dueling request

Option 1 is default. It would be the case that unless you manually have your setting set to option 2, all dueling request send to you will be denied from the requester’s end, i.e., you won’t even see the message. I don’t see a problem with that

About the argument that: well, they would just whisper me and pester me to duel!!!: ‘HEY wha’ts up coward, turn your dueling option ON"

People could do that to you NOW: “hey coward, go to pvp arena and 1 on 1 me”

In either case you could just block the guy.

Allowing the option above doesn’t change the behavior as it is already established. What it does is it allowed people who like to duel with PVE gears. It could help test out the effectiveness of one’s build and also help to train each other for WvW situations!!

Implementing options to ignore dual requests will certainly help.

Personal whispers- and chat: while it certainly is possible for players to do that now- and yes they would get blocked.- as is now: they have less reason for it. but I assure you from previous experience. if its common in the roaming world- or worse near cities. the increase in such notions is exponential.
If I’m still on the map chat from doing wvw. (usualy go to a personalized chat window without map in pve) I have the usual – racist- sexist – gold spams- to block. I don’t really need reasons to block more.

Dueling in Pve gear—-that is what you already do now in pvp/wvw/team pvp since patch.- just select the gear and traits you usually use. and go pvp.
You don’t have to capture points to dual. just enter a map. with your friend and go dual..
No reason to waste resources building something that is already there-

As for landscape: understandable that you would like to have more interesting places to dual.
I however would like to – not -have the same interesting places covered with players dueling, as that removes my immersion of the game.

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The game wasn’t designed specifically never to have dueling.

It was however designed with an assumption that 1v1 balance between classes will not be a thing. So, the game was not designed with dueling in mind. Even as a future option. Which is, by the way, one of the prime reasons why devs didn’t introduce 1v1 sPvP arenas yet (they mentioned this several times).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

PvE Dueling

Phadde.7362

The game wasn’t designed specifically never to have dueling.

It was however designed with an assumption that 1v1 balance between classes will not be a thing. So, the game was not designed with dueling in mind. Even as a future option. Which is, by the way, one of the prime reasons why devs didn’t introduce 1v1 sPvP arenas yet (they mentioned this several times).

Good point, but it’s the same thing in other games. In WoW where dueling was anything but unpopular, the class balance had a rock, paper, scissors method and with fairly limited build customization. It was great there, even though you couldn’t “untag” yourself for dueling requests and even though the balance was much less suited to dueling. Dueling already occurs in Courtyard – It’s definitely some of the best fun I’ve had in GW2, but it’s clunky as all hell, and it’s quite rare to find a server for it.

Some of the best benefits of having a dueling system is that it provides a great way to pass the time while waiting for your group to fill, for a guild event, for a mate that needs to do something before you can go dungeoneering, or when you simply wait for the Shatterer to spawn =)

Cred to Latinkuro

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

It’s like blaming an ATM because someone robbed you when you were pulling out cash. Should we get rid of ATMs because they attract robbers?

cute, a none sequitur in the wild. ATMs are necessary items and hence make it necessary to accept their inherent risks. Dueling is not.

As for that whole harassment debate: Yes, that is not necessarily a dueling thing. But dueling appeals to personality types that are also fond of harassment.

what makes you say that? There is no dueling in GW2 yet there is still harassment. I’ve experienced more harassment running dungeons in GW2 than in any PvP area of the game.

There is no evidence that duels = more harassment. This is just regurgitated forum hear-say. Even if it “seems” that way, correlation doesn’t equal causation and there are always more variables at play.

Someone mentioned harassment in SWTOR earlier, which is a free to play game. Well, if there are no barriers to entry in the game then there is nothing to prevent someone who lives only to harass people to do just that in the game with little worry about repercussions.

That may not be the reason for harassment, but we have just as much evidence that F2P is source of harassment as we do that duels are a source of harassment…aka no evidence, just conventional wisdom.

you will find harassment in all kinds of environment. If anything, that is no reason to add more opportunities, but rather keep them away.

Yes, you got me there, I am a little rascal and did not conduct an empiric research according to accepted sociological standards… you are really saying you have not seen pvp modes appealing to rather unpleasant personalities in your experience? Don´t get me wrong, I like pvp, but at the moment, we, who are familiar with the trash talking, random insults, immature little ragers, are actively choosing to enter these game modes.

Via duel options in pve content, we´d give them a vehicle to engage pve players – and no, a decline option does not solve this. If you are denying that many declined requests will be followed up by harassment und trash talk, you really cannot be from planet earth.

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

This thread (and the others like it) are exactly why there shouldn’t be open-world dueling.

If you are not in favor of dueling, here are some of the things you’ve been called by its supporters in this thread:

Lazy
Scared/cowardly
Delusional
Over-sensitive
Bitter
Ignorant
Stubborn Control-freaks
Whiners
Fear-mongerers
Angry
Foolish
Crazy
Snippy
Liars
Anti-fun
Stupid
Selfish
Absurd
Entitled
Unreasonable
Trolls/Bullies/Griefers (yes, seriously, and after all of the above was said about those against open-world dueling)
Petty
Silly
Haters
Over-emotional

And that’s only when they don’t just dismiss your opinions completely as not worthy considering.

These are the people that are telling us that there won’t be harassment and yet are being rude, insulting, and dismissive to those who simply don’t agree with them. If we can’t expect open world dueling’s biggest proponents to act maturely when discussing it, how can we expect any better from the trolls and griefers waiting for dueling to get their rocks off by harassing people who just want to play the game they bought as advertised? Since Guild Wars 1, Guild Wars has been about team play in pvp. Dueling is possible but has never been the focus of the game. It would be a major deviation, if this changed.

I saw earlier in this thread that custom arena is not a good option for dueling because it is costly. Yet, I never see dueling supporters making threads suggesting ways to improve the custom arenas or offering alternative suggestions to open-world dueling that are less intrusive to other players (opt-in is clearly not the magic fix here, or so many wouldn’t be against it). GW1 didn’t have open-world dueling and was better for it. However, it did offer dueling opportunities in guild halls. Why not request guild halls and a similar dueling feature there?

^^ Yeah, funny how the pro-duellers constantly show us why we don’t want it and don’t seem to see it themselfes.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

PvE Dueling

Phadde.7362

……..
…….

Anyone – for or against – that act close-minded and doesn’t look at the whole picture isn’t helping the thread. There are positives and negatives with dueling, however those for dueling often comes with solutions to the negatives, but those against usually doesn’t seem to take those solutions into account. I mean no offence, but it frustrates me.

Cred to Latinkuro

PvE Dueling

Phadde.7362

……

Via duel options in pve content, we´d give them a vehicle to engage pve players – and no, a decline option does not solve this. If you are denying that many declined requests will be followed up by harassment und trash talk, you really cannot be from planet earth.

No one’s really talking about an option to “deny” duels. We’re talking about something very similar but yet different: An option to enable duels. The norm should be to leave the “Dueling Tag” disabled; I love dueling, but even I will have the Tag disabled for most of the time.
If dueling isn’t allowed in the main cities (where it seems like most PvE 80s hang out), those that want to duel will gather in other locations.
If someone where to abuse you for reasons tied to dueling (Most likely around these areas where people chose to duel) an option to report that person for such abuse with a screenshot of the chat log (just like on a bug report) that would ban that person from dueling for some time and ultimately ban him from the game for a while if his behavior continues, would definitely suffice… right?

I can understand that some people absolutely despise this behavior, but with a few easy and sensibly implemented solutions to this Dueling system, the potential discomfort of it will be rare at worst and almost non-existent at best for those that do not wish to duel. It’s understandable that one might be against Dueling if they find no personal benefit to it and potential discomfort, but I think that Dueling will be absolutely great for the game in general.

By the way, the poll is at 13% against dueling (8% neutral, 237 votes currently).

Cred to Latinkuro

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

It’s like blaming an ATM because someone robbed you when you were pulling out cash. Should we get rid of ATMs because they attract robbers?

cute, a none sequitur in the wild. ATMs are necessary items and hence make it necessary to accept their inherent risks. Dueling is not.

As for that whole harassment debate: Yes, that is not necessarily a dueling thing. But dueling appeals to personality types that are also fond of harassment.

what makes you say that? There is no dueling in GW2 yet there is still harassment. I’ve experienced more harassment running dungeons in GW2 than in any PvP area of the game.

There is no evidence that duels = more harassment. This is just regurgitated forum hear-say. Even if it “seems” that way, correlation doesn’t equal causation and there are always more variables at play.

Someone mentioned harassment in SWTOR earlier, which is a free to play game. Well, if there are no barriers to entry in the game then there is nothing to prevent someone who lives only to harass people to do just that in the game with little worry about repercussions.

That may not be the reason for harassment, but we have just as much evidence that F2P is source of harassment as we do that duels are a source of harassment…aka no evidence, just conventional wisdom.

you will find harassment in all kinds of environment. If anything, that is no reason to add more opportunities, but rather keep them away.

Yes, you got me there, I am a little rascal and did not conduct an empiric research according to accepted sociological standards… you are really saying you have not seen pvp modes appealing to rather unpleasant personalities in your experience? Don´t get me wrong, I like pvp, but at the moment, we, who are familiar with the trash talking, random insults, immature little ragers, are actively choosing to enter these game modes.

Just because a small subset of MMO players will use whatever they have available to harass, ABSOLUTELY doesn’t mean we should then limit the features we get in the game.

What kind of rational is this? Should Anet stop making LS, because it funnels more players to certain areas, increasing player on player interactions and thus increasing the frequency of occurrences of harassment? Instead, we should add features, but include measures to prevent/reduce the inevitable instances of harassment.

I’m not asking you to empirically sample the entire GW2 population, but i’m also saying a strong argument shouldn’t rely on anecdotes and shallow observations. The majority of prison populations are minorities, so is it safe to assume if your a minority your a criminal? No, absolutely not. There are always multiple variables at play and to single one out and say “this is the reason!” is absurd.

Lastly, you say duels will disturb “PvE” players. Who is a PvE player?? Just because you’re doing PvE content doesn’t mean you also don’t PvP or WvW. Yes, i’m sure there are a lot of strictly PvE players, but in my experience, most players dabble a little in all areas.

edit – Oh, yeah one more thing. Trash talk? You’re worried about trash talk in competitive games? Trash talk has been around as long as competition has existed, before video games. I realize there is a point where trash talk becomes verbal abuse, but that is what ignore/report is for. But if your goal is to eliminate “trash talk” you got a looooooong road ahead of you.

(edited by Scrambles.2604)

PvE Dueling

Scrambles.2604

Lazy
Scared/cowardly
Delusional
Over-sensitive
Bitter
Ignorant
Stubborn Control-freaks
Whiners
Fear-mongerers
Angry
Foolish
Crazy
Snippy
Liars
Anti-fun
Stupid
Selfish
Absurd
Entitled
Unreasonable
Petty
Silly
Haters
Over-emotional

^^ Yeah, funny how the pro-duellers constantly show us why we don’t want it and don’t seem to see it themselfes.

yeah yeah, if you don’t want duels you are a carebear and if you do want duels you’re a troll/griefer/bully. Derogatory names and implicit behaviors have been thrown around a lot in this thread. Responses to an argument isn’t an accurate predictor of in-game behaviors, though.

I haven’t called anyone names but i will not feel bad about calling your argument for what it is—trivial! If you can’t separate your emotions from your argument you have no place in a debate.

Saying custom sPvP is just fine and we should deal with not having duels is trivializing the request for duels, just the same. Not that it makes it right, but i’m not getting my feelings hurt about it, because i see that it is a baseless, uninformed claim.

If the context of the harassment is that big a factor for you, then i will call your claims trivial. If you can tolerate harassment in all other areas of the game, but can’t tolerate harassment in the context of duels, i will call your claim trivial.

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

So, PvP players somehow ruin PvE? What should I be saying about PvE players like you who come into WvW for their achievements and map completion? I have nothing against you guys.

Your post and this post:

You know what I hate? PvE people in my WvW holding the team back because they are only there for AP and jumping puzzles. Yet I don’t demand you stop or leave because you have every right to be there.

Both describe another problem that ANet has with their game that still hasn’t been solved yet.
This notion that PvP’ers and PvE’ers will enjoy the same environment.
Though you two might not speak up about PvE folks taking up WvWvW spots, we’ve seen plenty that scream to the heavens about it.
Both sides have people that hate the notion. PvP’ers who are tired of the “carebears” mucking up their game, and PvE’ers who hate holding their nose just to get an accomplishment on Maps or that thing to make Legendaries.

ANet can not face the notion that maybe these two camps can’t get along so well.
Since we already have this friction in WvWvW, why add to it in the last place PvE folks have to themselves?
As said by someone else already, 2/3rds of the game is dedicated to PvP in some form.
Why is it so important to you that the remaining 1/3rd doesn’t have a PvP part?

Leave the open world alone.
Show ANet that the PvP section needs more work, that way you can have your duels and PvE’ers can have their place free of a game mode they don’t want .

Maybe you wouldn’t be so afraid of dueling if you could duel your buddies and become good at PvP. Just think of it like that.

Stop taking the game so seriously. It’s fine if you die to another player.

I can only speak for myself on these two points.
For the former, if I enjoyed PvP I would be there.
I do not so I do not wish to be there.
Just think of it like that.

I can purchase my own arena.
I can set up my own duels.
I can choose to participate in WvWvW “fight club” duels.
I choose not to because it is not fun for me.
Thus the only environment I enjoy is the open world for its lack of PvP entirely.

As for the second, it isn’t about seriousness. It is about enjoying the blasted game.
Some just don’t find PvP that thrilling, please accept the notion. Thank you.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

PvE Dueling

Scrambles.2604

So, PvP players somehow ruin PvE? What should I be saying about PvE players like you who come into WvW for their achievements and map completion? I have nothing against you guys.

Your post and this post:

You know what I hate? PvE people in my WvW holding the team back because they are only there for AP and jumping puzzles. Yet I don’t demand you stop or leave because you have every right to be there.

Both describe another problem that ANet has with their game that still hasn’t been solved yet.
This notion that PvP’ers and PvE’ers will enjoy the same environment.
Though you two might not speak up about PvE folks taking up WvWvW spots, we’ve seen plenty that scream to the heavens about it.
Both sides have people that hate the notion. PvP’ers who are tired of the “carebears” mucking up their game, and PvE’ers who hate holding their nose just to get an accomplishment on Maps or that thing to make Legendaries.

ANet can not face the notion that maybe these two camps can’t get along so well.
Since we already have this friction in WvWvW, why add to it in the last place PvE folks have to themselves?
As said by someone else already, 2/3rds of the game is dedicated to PvP in some form.
Why is it so important to you that the remaining 1/3rd doesn’t have a PvP part?

Leave the open world alone.
Show ANet that the PvP section needs more work, that way you can have your duels and PvE’ers can have their place free of a game mode they don’t want .

Maybe you wouldn’t be so afraid of dueling if you could duel your buddies and become good at PvP. Just think of it like that.

Stop taking the game so seriously. It’s fine if you die to another player.

I can only speak for myself on these two points.
For the former, if I enjoyed PvP I would be there.
I do not so I do not wish to be there.
Just think of it like that.

I can purchase my own arena.
I can set up my own duels.
I can choose to participate in WvWvW “fight club” duels.
I choose not to because it is not fun for me.
Thus the only environment I enjoy is the open world for its lack of PvP entirely.

As for the second, it isn’t about seriousness. It is about enjoying the blasted game.
Some just don’t find PvP that thrilling, please accept the notion. Thank you.

Then it’s suuuper convenient that you could just hit “decline” and move on with your life. It doesn’t have to be difficult, but you guys are making it difficult.

It’s not about injecting PvP into the pristine PvE world. You can already compete with others in PvE with costume brawls, so it’s not JUST PvE. It’s about giving players more to do in the open world besides farm.

If anything it’s injecting life into the world. It would be nice if players weren’t just standing around like zombies all the time when they are waiting for events.

PvE Dueling

Atlas.9704

Then it’s suuuper convenient that you could just hit “decline” and move on with your life. It doesn’t have to be difficult, but you guys are making it difficult.

More like its “suuuuper convenient” for you to fix your two houses instead of tracking mud all over the third. Just get Anet to fix PvP and move on with your life.
It would probably be far more easier than what is being asked here.

Stop trying to cram your duels in this and claim “we’re making it difficult”.
You have two spots where it can be done, get it done, and be happy darn it.

It’s not about injecting PvP into the pristine PvE world. You can already compete with other in PvE with costume brawls, so it’s not JUST PvE.

To which I agree that the blasted toy is a nuisance, but we’re stuck with it.
So there’s no need to repeat the mistake once more.

It’s about giving players more to do in the open world besides farm.

Then help newbies in their leveling up, organize guild events, try to take down Teq, or just move on to another game until this has a Season Two of Living Story. You have plenty of options.

If anything it’s injecting life into the world.

It would be nice if players weren’t just standing around like zombies all the time when they are waiting for events.

To the first part that’s Doylak droppings and you know it.
Fix your blasted Mists and revitalize your world.
Because it surely would beat everyone just standing around in there like zombies.

As for open world zombie standers, duels aren’t going to be the cure there.
People will still stand around the Mystic Toliet or whatever they do.

So go on and keep squawking that “hit ignore and move on”, best of luck to you.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

(edited by Atlas.9704)

PvE Dueling

Scrambles.2604

More like its “suuuuper convenient” for you to fix your two houses instead of tracking mud all over the third. Just get Anet to fix PvP and move on with your life.
It would probably be far more easier than what is being asked here.

Stop trying to cram your duels in this and claim “we’re making it difficult”.
You have two spots where it can be done, get it done, and be happy darn it.

It’s not about injecting PvP into the pristine PvE world. You can already compete with other in PvE with costume brawls, so it’s not JUST PvE.

To which I agree that the blasted toy is a nuisance, but we’re stuck with it.
So there’s no need to repeat the mistake once more.

It’s about giving players more to do in the open world besides farm.

Then help newbies in their leveling up, organize guild events, try to take down Teq, or just move on to another game until this has a Season Two of Living Story. You have plenty of options.

If anything it’s injecting life into the world.

It would be nice if players weren’t just standing around like zombies all the time when they are waiting for events.

To the first part that’s Doylak droppings and you know it.
Fix your blasted Mists and revitalize your world.
Because it surely would beat everyone just standing around in there like zombies.

As for open world zombie standers, duels aren’t going to be the cure there.
People will still stand around the Mystic Toliet or whatever they do.

Yeah, it’s much easier to make a vague request for non-specific revamps to 2/3s of the game instead of implementing a standard MMO feature that the dev’s said they would like to add, in order to cater to people who can’t treat a duel request the same way they treat party invites.

That is a lot easier. I will head over to the PvP and WvW forums now where there is a clear consensus on exactly what fixes should be implemented for those modes.

/sarcasm

What about “skill challenges” littered throughout the world. You essentially challenge an NPC to a duel, beat the NPC and get a skill point. This doesn’t hurt your eyes does it? Is the context of spell usage really that important? Spells are annoying only when they lack a distinct purpose?

That is one factor i haven’t been able to wrap my head around. If i cast meteor shower in a town that’s not cool, but if i cast meteor shower near enemies that’s OK. Seeing spells in one context is annoying but seeing the same spell in another context is fair game. Am i the only one that thinks this is a little silly?

PvE Dueling

Algreg.3629

Just because a small subset of MMO players will use whatever they have available to harass, ABSOLUTELY doesn’t mean we should then limit the features we get in the game.

What kind of rational is this? Should Anet stop making LS, because it funnels more players to certain areas, increasing player on player interactions and thus increasing the frequency of occurrences of harassment? Instead, we should add features, but include measures to prevent/reduce the inevitable instances of harassment.

I’m not asking you to empirically sample the entire GW2 population, but i’m also saying a strong argument shouldn’t rely on anecdotes and shallow observations. The majority of prison populations are minorities, so is it safe to assume if your a minority your a criminal? No, absolutely not. There are always multiple variables at play and to single one out and say “this is the reason!” is absurd.

Lastly, you say duels will disturb “PvE” players. Who is a PvE player?? Just because you’re doing PvE content doesn’t mean you also don’t PvP or WvW. Yes, i’m sure there are a lot of strictly PvE players, but in my experience, most players dabble a little in all areas.

edit – Oh, yeah one more thing. Trash talk? You’re worried about trash talk in competitive games? Trash talk has been around as long as competition has existed, before video games. I realize there is a point where trash talk becomes verbal abuse, but that is what ignore/report is for. But if your goal is to eliminate “trash talk” you got a looooooong road ahead of you.

your arguments mostly boil down to A is bad, A is already in game, so even if B can be bad, it does not matter cause A is already there. But A bad and B bad is A+B bad.

If you care to read, no, personally I don´t care about trash talk, I ignore it, block it or report it if it is really offensive. But I play pvp a lot in all kinds of games and am used to the abusive types. And another thing: Pve exactly is not a competitive environment.

Well, a big part of forum complaints consist of stricly pve players feeling “forced” into pvp modes, so I guess there is actually a rather big portion of the player base that only enjoys pve. Personally, I will never understand this as I see myself as a GW2 player and that includes all content, still, pve only seems to be a big thing.

PvE Dueling

Atlas.9704

That is a lot easier. I will head over to the PvP and WvW forums now where there is a clear consensus on exactly what fixes should be implemented for those modes.

Not my fault ANet treats your side like horribly treated children.

What about “skill challenges” littered throughout the world. (snip)

So what I’m reading here is “I have nothing more on this issue?”
Okay GG, have fun.
It is obvious that there’s no more constructive discussion coming from whatever you post after this.

PvE Dueling

Scrambles.2604

your arguments mostly boil down to A is bad, A is already in game, so even if B can be bad, it does not matter cause A is already there. But A bad and B bad is A+B bad.

If you care to read, no, personally I don´t care about trash talk, I ignore it, block it or report it if it is really offensive. But I play pvp a lot in all kinds of games and am used to the abusive types. And another thing: Pve exactly is not a competitive environment.

Well, a big part of forum complaints consist of stricly pve players feeling “forced” into pvp modes, so I guess there is actually a rather big portion of the player base that only enjoys pve. Personally, I will never understand this as I see myself as a GW2 player and that includes all content, still, pve only seems to be a big thing.

The very nature of duels requires consent. That is literally the opposite of being forced into something. The implication that you are forced to duel is completely unreasonable.

My argument boils down to – players tolerate A in the context of B, but do not tolerate A in the context of C. But A is still the same in both contexts.

PvE Dueling

Algreg.3629

Lazy
Scared/cowardly
Delusional
Over-sensitive
Bitter
Ignorant
Stubborn Control-freaks
Whiners
Fear-mongerers
Angry
Foolish
Crazy
Snippy
Liars
Anti-fun
Stupid
Selfish
Absurd
Entitled
Unreasonable
Petty
Silly
Haters
Over-emotional

yeah yeah, if you don’t want duels you are a carebear and if you do want duels you’re a troll/griefer/bully. Derogatory names and implicit behaviors have been thrown around a lot in this thread. Responses to an argument isn’t an accurate predictor of in-game behaviors, though.

I haven’t called anyone names but i will not feel bad about calling your argument for what it is—trivial! If you can’t separate your emotions from your argument you have no place in a debate.

Saying custom sPvP is just fine and we should deal with not having duels is trivializing the request for duels, just the same. Not that it makes it right, but i’m not getting my feelings hurt about it, because i see that it is a baseless, uninformed claim.

If the context of the harassment is that big a factor for you, then i will call your claims trivial. If you can tolerate harassment in all other areas of the game, but can’t tolerate harassment in the context of duels, i will call your claim trivial.

come on, till now, I did not agree with you, but you did not resort to cheap rhetorical parlor tricks. This is really beneath you.

PvE Dueling

Algreg.3629

The very nature of duels requires consent. That is literally the opposite of being forced into something. The implication that you are forced to duel is completely unreasonable.

My argument boils down to – players tolerate A in the context of B, but do not tolerate A in the context of C. But A is still the same in both contexts.

and now you are taking lines from me and insert them into different, unrelated parts of my argumentation. Also, you resort to completely ignore that the duel request itself is less of a problem than things that may follow after decline, which has been clearly established earlier as one major issue. You are losing it now.

PvE Dueling

Scrambles.2604

Not my fault ANet treats your side like horribly treated children.

What about “skill challenges” littered throughout the world. (snip)

So what I’m reading here is “I have nothing more on this issue?”
Okay GG, have fun.
It is obvious that there’s no more constructive discussion coming from whatever you post after this.

personally i think PvP and WvW are both fine. This is coming from someone getting 2v1ed by TC and JQ. I will play PvP if i want to play my PvP character, but i enjoy my PvE/WvW character much more, especially in a PvP environment.

I do duel people in WvW, but i can’t duel my friends and guildies on my own server. That’s the people i want to duel the most. Yes, we can sPvP, but it’s not the same.

Nothing says constructive discussion by making no points and then saying “GG.”

PvE Dueling

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Lazy
Scared/cowardly
Delusional
Over-sensitive
Bitter
Ignorant
Stubborn Control-freaks
Whiners
Fear-mongerers
Angry
Foolish
Crazy
Snippy
Liars
Anti-fun
Stupid
Selfish
Absurd
Entitled
Unreasonable
Petty
Silly
Haters
Over-emotional

Here is what I have been called when I was running dungeons on my Ranger.

Stupid.
Poster child for autism.
kitten
kitten
idiot
terribad
noob
baddie
loser
Griefer
Stupid kitten
kitten
You should have been an abortion.
You should go suicide
Dead things have more common sense.

Yeah, Anet should remove Dungeons. They are toxic.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

(edited by runeblade.7514)

PvE Dueling

Scrambles.2604

and now you are taking lines from me and insert them into different, unrelated parts of my argumentation. Also, you resort to completely ignore that the duel request itself is less of a problem than things that may follow after decline, which has been clearly established earlier as one major issue. You are losing it now.

I was just speaking in equations just like you were, but whatever. Then you said some people feel “forced” to pvp, so i addressed that. But i guess i must be losing it.

A = Harassment
B = PvE
C = Duels

The duel request is fine. You decline and move on. If a player then starts harassing you, that is not a duel. That is harassment. Your issue is with harassment yet you blame duels.

EDIT – additionally, there is no evidence that duels would create more trolls, as your first equation suggested. I think it would be more reasonable to assume the same players that harass you in sPvP and in dungeons are the same that would harass you in duels. So, chances are the people you are worried about harassing you are already on your block list.

This isn’t reefer madness — the ability to duel wont suddenly turn decent folks into trolls.

PvE Dueling

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Only as long as we are given the option to deny requests automatically or there is a flag involved that we can toggle off or on. I can’t tell you how many games I’ve been in where there were no controls for people like me who don’t want to be bothered who were followed around by trolls wanting to click on duel me every second I denied the request only to click on it again while I was busy doing PVE things.

Toggle or nothing.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

PvE Dueling

Scrambles.2604

come on, till now, I did not agree with you, but you did not resort to cheap rhetorical parlor tricks. This is really beneath you.

sorry, the first part was sarcastic but it may not have come off that way. I don’t think people are carebears and i don’t care how you play.

I still maintain that the complaints against duels are unreasonable, trivial, and inconsistent. The people making this complaints are totally cool, in my book. We all play GW2 so i’m sure we have a lot in common. I can respect the person but i can’t also be expected to respect their argument. Especially when their argument refuses to see any perspective other than that of “the victim.”

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Luna Silvae.9208

Luna Silvae.9208

I kinda like the idea of dueling. While I think that having the use of the entire PvE map for it would be awesome, though I can sorta understand the arguments against that. I am totally ok with maybe just having some arena-type areas like a few people suggested. Also, like others have said, I really miss guild halls and the matches that you could have there with your friends! Which is why I was excited when custom arenas first came out, but then bummed when I saw you had to pay for those….

Rhea Elessedil, Sylvari Elementalist/Fae Darkmoon, Human Necromancer
~Dragonbrand~

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Dueling in Pve gear—-that is what you already do now in pvp/wvw/team pvp since patch.- just select the gear and traits you usually use. and go pvp.
You don’t have to capture points to dual. just enter a map. with your friend and go dual..
No reason to waste resources building something that is already there-

Sorry to disappoint you, but you are incorrect. The gear selection in the PvP build browser is not PvE. For a few examples: the “Berserker amulet” doesn’t give you berserker gears, the valkyrie amulet doesn’t give you valkyrie. I want to wear half condition half valkyrie I can’t do it. The stats are not ascended stat, in fact it’s even worse than exotic stat. For example the base weapon strength of the PvP sword is 878-968, not 950 – 1050. Who told you PvE gears are now in PvP since patch??? Please do a little research before posting a factually incorrect comment.

PvE Dueling

Atlas.9704

You see that’s because I’ve already made my points in earlier posts.
You just fail to either acknowledge them or even care.
So if that’s the case, then there’s no point to hearing your side.

I don’t mind duels, but they need to be in their proper place.
That place is the Mists.
If ANet actually did ever put them in the open world, then places like The Bane actually have a reason to exist now. (As stated earlier)

So let’s summarize this up:
Even though I find the PvP boring as heck in this game, I don’t think it should ever be removed entirely from the game. Anet gives it the short end, but once again not my problem. If they do improve on it, improve in the Mists, where it belongs.

So you see we’re two sides of a coin.
You are just getting defensive, snarky, possible passive/aggressive that we (PvE’ers) don’t like you possibly dueling in the middle of Shadow Behemoth or places like that.

(edited by Atlas.9704)

PvE Dueling

Scrambles.2604

You see that’s because I’ve already made my points in earlier posts.
You just fail to either acknowledge them or even care.
So if that’s the case, then there’s no point to hearing your side.

I don’t mind duels, but they need to be in their proper place.
That place is the Mists.
If ANet actually did ever put them in the open world, then places like The Bane actually have a reason to exist now.

So let’s summarize this up:
Even though I find the PvP boring as heck in this game, I don’t think it should ever be removed entirely from the game. Anet gives it the short end, but once again not my problem. If they do improve on it, improve in the Mists, where it belongs.

So you see we’re two sides of a coin.
You are just getting defensive, snarky, possible passive/aggressive that we (PvE’ers) don’t like you possibly dueling in the middle of Shadow Behemoth or places like that.

I’ve acknowledged and refuted all your points. I have yet to hear a [good] reason why being able to decline, or even block all duel requests won’t address the concerns people having with open world dueling.

I said earlier that you probably shouldn’t be able to duel in boss events. Even though two people fighting at low health would most likely just die—the problem kind of solves itself. But if it isn’t too difficult to implement i don’t see a real issue with preventing duels from boss events.

PvE Dueling

Atlas.9704

I’ve acknowledged and refuted all your points. I’ve have yet to hear a good reason why being able to decline, or even block all duel requests won’t address the concerns people having with open world dueling.

I said earlier that you probably shouldn’t be able to duel in boss events. Even though two people fighting at low health would most likely just die—the problem kind of solves itself. But if it isn’t too difficult to implement i don’t see a real issue with preventing duels from boss events.

You can’t even accept the idea that the Mists would be a better suited place for it. You still think squawking about “ignore feature” will be the savior to your dream.

I’ve acknowledged now you are a broken record at this time who cannot contribute any more to this thread. I’m done with you, good bye.

PvE Dueling

Scrambles.2604

I’ve acknowledged and refuted all your points. I’ve have yet to hear a good reason why being able to decline, or even block all duel requests won’t address the concerns people having with open world dueling.

You can’t even accept the idea that the Mists would be a better suited place for it. You still think squawking about “ignore feature” will be the savior to your dream.

I’ve acknowledged now you are a broken record at this time who cannot contribute any more to this thread. I’m done with you, good bye.

Its not just me who can’t accept the idea that the mysts are best suited for this— Look at the video i posted on the front page. That’s Colin Johanson saying that custom PvP is an awkward workaround/substitute for open world duels.

Why wouldn’t “ignore feature” work? You keep saying that it wont with no reasons attached.

PvE Dueling

Scrambles.2604

Q- Cant you just create a custom arena and duel there?

yes for 1600 gems. A liiiiittle bit cost prohibitive. Not to mention you have to play on your PvP character, and not your WvW toon.

You can join an empty room but it wont remain empty for long.

But currently that is all we got and even the dev’s have acknowledged it is pretty awkward.

PvE Dueling

Algreg.3629

I was just speaking in equations just like you were, but whatever. Then you said some people feel “forced” to pvp, so i addressed that. But i guess i must be losing it.

A = Harassment
B = PvE
C = Duels

The duel request is fine. You decline and move on. If a player then starts harassing you, that is not a duel. That is harassment. Your issue is with harassment yet you blame duels.

EDIT – additionally, there is no evidence that duels would create more trolls, as your first equation suggested. I think it would be more reasonable to assume the same players that harass you in sPvP and in dungeons are the same that would harass you in duels. So, chances are the people you are worried about harassing you are already on your block list.

This isn’t reefer madness — the ability to duel wont suddenly turn decent folks into trolls.

you take the equation and twist it by redefining its “variables” inconsistently, then tell us “hey, look, it is just the same like this” – which is completely unrelated to the thing I expressed.

Then I said people complain about being forced into pvp all the time and used it as an indicator for a big pve-only community – which you doubted. Then you take that and twist it into “people are not forced into duels as they can decline them, so it is all cool”. Which was not those people´s concern to begin with.

Your next trick is telling us over and over again that we are not afraid of the actual duels, but of harassment. Which technically is true. But that is the same as saying “hey, you are afraid of the gun. That is stupid, guns are harmless, you need to be afraid of the bullets”. And you keep denying that harassment can be a – CAN BE, NOT HAS TO BE (which noone claimed) – likely consequence of declining a duel request.

Not to mention you keep ignoring every reason and concern you are given, reiterate how we have no meaningful reasons, hence our claims are trivial.

Sorry, that is just not cutting it. I guess you can reiterate the self-same things you have been reiterating in your last five posts now, but I think I stop wasting my time in this merry go round of yours.

PvE Dueling

Scrambles.2604

A = Harassment
B = PvE
C = Duels

you take the equation and twist it by redefining its “variables” inconsistently, then tell us “hey, look, it is just the same like this” – which is completely unrelated to the thing I expressed.

Then I said people complain about being forced into pvp all the time and used it as an indicator for a big pve-only community – which you doubted. Then you take that and twist it into “people are not forced into duels as they can decline them, so it is all cool”. Which was not those people´s concern to begin with.

Your next trick is telling us over and over again that we are not afraid of the actual duels, but of harassment. Which technically is true. But that is the same as saying “hey, you are afraid of the gun. That is stupid, guns are harmless, you need to be afraid of the bullets”. And you keep denying that harassment can be a – CAN BE, NOT HAS TO BE (which noone claimed) – likely consequence of declining a duel request.

Not to mention you keep ignoring every reason and concern you are given, reiterate how we have no meaningful reasons, hence our claims are trivial.

Sorry, that is just not cutting it. I guess you can reiterate the self-same things you have been reiterating in your last five posts now, but I think I stop wasting my time in this merry go round of yours.

if you don’t want to have a reasonable disscussion with me then maybe you should “decline” your next response. Ha! Problem solved. See how easy it is?

Why is it a trick to call harassment what it is? The context is superfluous, it’s only one type of person who will bully you, and they will do that however they can. The trick is to add things to the game, while being mindful of those bullies, and add additional tools to defend against them.

With your gun analogy, you’re saying guns can be used by bad people, so none of us should have guns. Even if they give out free, magic bullet proof vests with the guns that would also magically prevent the bad people from shooting you. But honestly, the analogies and equations are getting a little silly and are obfuscating the point.

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

I don’t get why people keep responding to the “slippery slope” reasoning from the naysayers because it’s fallacious reasoning.

PvE Dueling

Algreg.3629

With your gun analogy, you’re saying guns can be used by bad people, so none of us should have guns. Even if they give out free, magic bullet proof vests with the guns that would also magically prevent the bad people from shooting you. But honestly, the analogies and equations are getting a little silly and are obfuscating the point.

that is not at all what I said, but I see, you are still doing your thang. And it is not possible to have a reasonable discussion with you. But whatever rocks your boat.

PvE Dueling

Scrambles.2604

that is not at all what I said, but I see, you are still doing your thang. And it is not possible to have a reasonable discussion with you. But whatever rocks your boat.

yeah but with your analogy (remember i said these are silly and just obfuscate the point, which is exactly what is happening), guns are duels and bullets is harassment. Yet we already have “bullets” in the game affecting people without having “guns.” If “bullets” are already an issue there is no reason to assume “guns” would make more “bullets.” The amount of “bullets” would remain constant.

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I think the people against dueling in PvE to the point where they’re making up situations about twelve year olds spamming them with duel invites, and whispers “duel me brah, or r u scared?”, Are probably exclusively PvE players that have never experienced PvP in GW2. In that case they don’t want to be bothered because they don’t have the ability to shut the supposed 12 year old up in a duel, and even with a decline system they don’t want it because that would further reveal their inability. Even with ignore function to stop whisper spamming, or even report function, they don’t want it because they don’t want to get called out for their inability. What’s wrong with just saying “I don’t want to duel right now”, or"yeah okay sure, whatever." to their immature attitude and text?

Also the thing with someone who beats people that don’t know PvP very well and gloat about it are normally trashy players who need a outlet to feel better about themselves after getting stomped by better players. To be honest this is the same exact thing with pvp players to PvE, with dungeon runs. You get called out for being a noob if you don’t bring a certain gear set, trait setup, and the people who love to kick you out of a arah dungeon near the end, with PvE elitism. Those are the types of people that will get their pride hurt when they get stomped by a better PvP players; who know how to handle real players and not same predicable AI.

/2 cent

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

PvE Dueling

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

In that case they don’t want to be bothered because they don’t have the ability to shut the supposed 12 year old up in a duel, ..

No offence, but statements like this is a prime example of what I rather not have in mapchat.
Sorry.
Carry on

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

In that case they don’t want to be bothered because they don’t have the ability to shut the supposed 12 year old up in a duel, ..

No offence, but statements like this is a prime example of what I rather not have in mapchat.
Sorry.
Carry on

Did you actually take the time to read the entire thing or did you snip it?

I think the people against dueling in PvE to the point where they’re making up situations about twelve year olds spamming them with duel invites, and whispers “duel me brah, or r u scared?”, Are probably exclusively PvE players that have never experienced PvP in GW2. In that case they don’t want to be bothered because they don’t have the ability to shut the supposed 12 year old up in a duel, and even with a decline system they don’t want it because that would further reveal their inability. Even with ignore function to stop whisper spamming, or even report function, they don’t want it because they don’t want to get called out for their inability. What’s wrong with just saying “I don’t want to duel right now”, or"yeah okay sure, whatever." to their immature attitude and text?

This for the people on the forums trying to use every excuse they can not to get a feature some/a lot of players are asking for.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

Allow dueling in PvE, but only at the end of Arah path 4.