PvE Dueling

PvE Dueling

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

After the inclusion of Ascended gear to the game, I’m pretty much against the idea of dueling in anything except sPvP land. in sPvP, I know at least that we are on the same playing field when it comes to stats, and that a stat advantage had nothing to do with it. With ascended gear in PvE, I wouldn’t accept a single duel since I’d never known whether I’m about to fight a guy decked out in full purples just another exotic bum like myself.

PvE Dueling

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

Did you actually take the time to read the entire thing or did you snip it?

I read it. I even think I understood it. I dont know about making stuff up, this is an example from another game:
“Yeah? Your Nvidia is better than mine? Are you man enough to back up your words and duel me?”
Believe it or not, this is real. I have no clue about age, but I really hope its a 12-year old. Dont you?
Now, Im not saying this is how its gonna be. But your post WAS about duelling to “shut him up”, or rather, that people like me are not skilled enough to do so. Implying that I have a secret dream of beeing able to.
Making up stuff and so on..
As I said, no offence intended, just different mindset.

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

After the inclusion of Ascended gear to the game, I’m pretty much against the idea of dueling in anything except sPvP land. in sPvP, I know at least that we are on the same playing field when it comes to stats, and that a stat advantage had nothing to do with it. With ascended gear in PvE, I wouldn’t accept a single duel since I’d never known whether I’m about to fight a guy decked out in full purples just another exotic bum like myself.

I can understand that you would prefer not to duel. But does that mean we should disallow duels all together? Duels are for fun, not for balance or to prove who is better than who.

If you want a battle on even grounds, yes, that is exactly was sPvP is for….even if the game isn’t balanced for 1v1 fights. But either way, duels are for fun or even readily accessible practice so you can repeatedly throw your body at the full ascended guy until you eventually outplay and beat him.

If you’re trying to create a new argument — “No duels because ascended gear.” Well then i don’t really know what to say about that…haha.

PvE Dueling

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Here is how beggars ask for gold:

A. Beggar ask for gold → Guy says no. → Beggar moves along.
B. Beggar ask for gold → Guy says no. → Beggar harasses guy.

Here is how requesting a duel works:

A. Duelist request a duel → Guy says no. → Duelists moves along.
B. Duelist request a duel → Guy says no. → Duelist harasses guy.

Would it make more sense to remove gold because it is toxic or just accept the fact that harassment can be caused anywhere, dueling isn’t toxic and that only people are toxic.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

PvE Dueling

runeblade.7514

To understand your post, you want to bar players from dueling because you are afraid that you might lose in a duel. Am I right?

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I don’t see why you need to have a duel option in PvE except for those people that get upset about what is said in map chat and want to be like “come at me bro!”.

If two consenting people want to duel they can do so in sPvP custom match. We don’t need people randomly fighting each-other or picking fights in what is supposed to be a cooperative environment when we have a specific place for that already.

As for the above argument, both can already happen in game, one just requires you to move to an area where the playing field is level. I don’t see whats so hard about this concept.

PvE is for cooperation.
sPvP is for player vrs player.

We don’t need to combine the two.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

PvE Dueling

runeblade.7514

I don’t see why you need to have a duel option in PvE except for those people that get upset about what is said in map chat and want to be like “come at me bro!”.

If two consenting people want to duel they can do so in sPvP custom match. We don’t need people randomly fighting each-other or picking fights in what is supposed to be a cooperative environment when we have a specific place for that already.

As for the above argument, both can already happen in game one just requires you to move to an area where the playing field is level. I don’t see whats so hard about this concept.

PvE is for cooperation.

If two consenting people want to duel in sPvP custom match, I will be there and interrupt their duel.

It is exactly like: If a dungeon party want to complete a dungeon, a griefer would come in and killing the final boss thus barring you from completing the dungeon and stopping you from getting the rewards.

So no, custom arena do not work, not now not ever.

(edited by runeblade.7514)

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

As for the above argument, both can already happen in game one just requires you to move to an area where the playing field is level. I don’t see whats so hard about this concept.

PvE is for cooperation.

If two consenting people want to duel in sPvP custom match, I will be there and interrupt their duel.

It is exactly like: If a dungeon party want to complete a dungeon, a griefer would come in and killing the final boss thus barring you from completing the dungeon and stopping you from getting the rewards.

Yes just conveniently ignore the fact that some are password protected.

Also conveniently ignore the fact that a duel can be interrupted by simply pulling mobs to you in PvE.

Conveniently ignoring facts or griefing people doesn’t make your argument a good one.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

So you admit to wanting to ruin the fun of two players that go out of their way to duel in an environment best suited to it. Yet you wonder why we think those that want open world PvE duels are 12 year olds.

Go figure…

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’ve not read the whole thread, because we’ve seen most of this before and my stance on it hasn’t changed.

However… the servers have.

If Duels were an “opt in” feature, then having that box checked or empty could be one more way the Megaserver sorts people, so those wanting Duels wind up together more often, and those NOT wanting Duels wind up together more often.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m a RPer, and I hate what the Megaserver does to RP and other communities. But, IF they ever get it working right, Duel Yes/No could be given a lot of weight in the zones where it’s allowed, sorting the two groups out fairly nicely.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

So you admit to wanting to ruin the fun of two players that go out of their way to duel in an environment best suited to it. Yet you wonder why we think those that want open world PvE duels are 12 year olds.

Go figure…

I think Runeblade is just pointing out the flaws with the “just use custom sPvP” claim.

Custom sPvP was never designed to be a duel substitute. You either have to find an empty room that is vulnerable to intruders, or shell out 1600 gems for a custom room. All the while, you are restricted to pvp maps and your pvp character.

I love this idea that, if you have an attitude and are also in favor of dueling, you must be this model “12 year old troll” that we keep coming back to in this thread. This completely ignores the rudeness that radiates from the anti-duelers.

But i’m not going to assume character types of people just because they do or don’t want duels. Obviously, you don’t have to be in favor of duels to be a bully, as this thread has pointed out. Which goes with what i’ve been saying all along…

Jerk players are jerk players. They will be a jerk in every environment. They are the player that kicks you from dungeons, intentionally kills champs out of order to upset trains, calls out commanders like it’s their fault the zerg wiped, and even harasses players that refuse to duel.

Maybe if we could transcend these cheap stereotypes and come up with solutions to prevent abuse, we could get somewhere.

(edited by Scrambles.2604)

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I would like dueling to have its own Guild Wars esque features.

for example,

Items! In many other games a duel will start with some sort of notification, usually in the form of a flag dropping down between two players, I think finishers would be pretty great item to start an invite to a duel. Or possibly all new item flag/banners of sorts. Bring that money in.

Party duels! One player may initiate a duel invite within a party to another party for some great open 2v2-5v5. Duel would end w/last player standing.

Commander squads (up to 50 players) duels, supplementing the much wanted Guild vs Guild.

Now this feature may be too much, so adding an additional feature (GvG) to the commander options at a limit of lets say 10-20 would be more reasonable. Duel would end w/last player standing.

JQ Druid

PvE Dueling

Tommyknocker.6089

I’m all for open world dueling if:

It were set it up in only designated areas (city arenas, area of the mist etc) that will separate two players so as not to require a decline/block as entering the arena would be agreement in itself. This way I would never have to visit it and instead would wish those that want to partake a good journey. Maybe the majority of those that wish to duel are not 12 year olds or elitists, but ANet needs to make all player types happy and the arena idea would make for a much more friendly experience to those that wish not to partake.

Hell I would even ask ANet for a 0 cost portal (to and from) to said area so that those that wish to duel can do so without cost to them.

PvE Dueling

Wetpaw.3487

It were set it up in only designated areas (city arenas, area of the mist etc) that will separate two players so as not to require a decline/block as entering the arena would be agreement in itself. This way I would never have to visit it and instead would wish those that want to partake a good journey. Maybe the majority of those that wish to duel are not 12 year olds or elitists, but ANet needs to make all player types happy and the arena idea would make for a much more friendly experience to those that wish not to partake.

Hell I would even ask ANet for a 0 cost portal (to and from) to said area so that those that wish to duel can do so without cost to them.

Once again this misses the point entirely to open world dueling anywhere and anytime outside of major hubs.

I think I will give the same advice when Tequatl was revamped or Wurm was introduced and players complained about the intrusiveness and elitism of this “hardcore” PvE content.

You don’t like it, you don’t have to do it.

JQ Druid

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Still ‘no’

I’d rather Anet put efforts into new zones than any dueling mechanic.

SBI

PvE Dueling

Tommyknocker.6089

Once again this misses the point entirely to open world dueling anywhere and anytime outside of major hubs.

I think I will give the same advice when Tequatl was revamped or Wurm was introduced and players complained about the intrusiveness and elitism of this “hardcore” PvE content.

Except for the simple fact that when you decline and then block the player wanting to duel, he slanders your name all over map chat as being a chicken or whatever they wish to say. I don’t know about how ANet feels about the spirit of the game in the PvE environment, but I am fairly sure they don’t want peaceful players slandered in map chat for how inadequate they are.

Difference being that I can opt out of teq or the wurm without them following me around harassing me for not partaking.

Sorry I still would prefer the arena.

Edit: and to those that say you have to expect this (get a thicker skin garbage) in an MMO, no I don’t and if they add it i will take my money elsewhere, as I am sure many others will.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

After the inclusion of Ascended gear to the game, I’m pretty much against the idea of dueling in anything except sPvP land. in sPvP, I know at least that we are on the same playing field when it comes to stats, and that a stat advantage had nothing to do with it.

You don’t realize that the people that want PvE Dueling want it exactly for that reason. They do not want a level playing field. If they did, they would not protest against placing duels in the Mists so strongly.

And then one day i will find that i can’t do anything in the game, because things i didn’t likem but “didn’t have to do” are everywhere.
No, thank you, i’d rather burn the weeds with fire before they spread.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

PvE Dueling

Tommyknocker.6089

After the inclusion of Ascended gear to the game, I’m pretty much against the idea of dueling in anything except sPvP land. in sPvP, I know at least that we are on the same playing field when it comes to stats, and that a stat advantage had nothing to do with it.

You don’t realize that the people that want PvE Dueling want it exactly for that reason. They do not want a level playing field. If they did, they would not protest against placing duels in the Mists so strongly.

And then one day i will find that i can’t do anything in the game, because things i didn’t likem but “didn’t have to do” are everywhere.
No, thank you, i’d rather burn the weeds with fire before they spread.

^^^ +1

PvE Dueling

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

Here, you all want dueling so bad, I’ve got your solution.

Gem Store Item – 800 gems – Dueling Flag: Use issues a challenge to selected other player in possession of a dueling flag. If used on a player without a dueling flag, there is no effect and your dueling flag goes on a 15 sec cooldown. May not be used in instances, sPvP, or WvW.

PvE Dueling

Wetpaw.3487

Except for the simple fact that when you decline and then block the player wanting to duel, he slanders your name all over map chat as being a chicken or whatever they wish to say. I don’t know about how ANet feels about the spirit of the game in the PvE environment, but I am fairly sure they don’t want peaceful players slandered in map chat for how inadequate they are.

Difference being that I can opt out of teq or the wurm without them following me around harassing me for not partaking.

Sorry I still would prefer the arena.

Edit: and to those that say you have to expect this (get a thicker skin garbage) in an MMO, no I don’t and if they add it i will take my money elsewhere, as I am sure many others will.

Dramatic and far over the top,

“I don’t know about how ANet feels about the spirit of the game in the PvE environment, but I am fairly sure they don’t want peaceful players slandered in map chat for how inadequate they are.”

this actually made me laugh,

So fear bombs from costume brawling, trolls in chat, elitism of PvE dungeons, verbal harassment within LS events, kick feature in dungeons, fotm, eotm pve karma farmer trains, and champ trains in PvE.

Your “Peaceful” players…I have met more vitriol players through PvE in this game than any other, now I know you’re here just for the sake of argument, as many others opposed to open world dueling.

JQ Druid

PvE Dueling

Wetpaw.3487

Gem Store Item – 800 gems – Dueling Flag: Use issues a challenge to selected other player in possession of a dueling flag. If used on a player without a dueling flag, there is no effect and your dueling flag goes on a 15 sec cooldown. May not be used in instances, sPvP, or WvW.

Sold!,

I’m throwing cash at the screen for this

Forward to Anet!

JQ Druid

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

The “anti-dueling” contingent has no argument. All they have is fallacious slippery slope reasoning and wild speculation.

Like the guy who said dueling will become so prevalent, that it’ll be “everywhere” and he won’t be able to escape it.

PvE Dueling

Tommyknocker.6089

Dramatic and far over the top,

“I don’t know about how ANet feels about the spirit of the game in the PvE environment, but I am fairly sure they don’t want peaceful players slandered in map chat for how inadequate they are.”

this actually made me laugh,

So fear bombs from costume brawling, trolls in chat, elitism of PvE dungeons, verbal harassment within LS events, kick feature in dungeons, fotm, eotm pve karma farmer trains, and champ trains in PvE.

Your “Peaceful” players…I have met more vitriol players through PvE in this game than any other, now I know you’re here just for the sake of argument, as many others opposed to open world dueling.

I seldom do any of those events with random others as I am usually with like-minded guildies in PvE. But when I do I generally don’t join with the “zerger or kick” must be 80" “gear check” crowd and instead only do casual dungeon/fotm runs. I seldom encountered any of the other vitriol you mention but I have a block function for the truly obnoxious. I tend to be friendly to others (you know the golden rule).

And yes verbal abuse can and does happen, but not to the extent I have seen it happen when open world dueling is introduced. No, I am not here just for the sake of argument BTW, my voice (as is yours) can state whatever we like if it promotes the enjoyment of this game for all. I just happen to believe firmly that open world dueling within PvE is not the way to encourage a friendly environment.

PvE Dueling

Posted by: OptimusSwag.9736

OptimusSwag.9736

After all the possible imaginable anti-harassment ideas given here, to still oppose this is nothing short of ridiculous and sad. I’m almost certain it has something to do with people getting offended because people are having fun doing something they personally despise.

No, duels are not “fights to the death” that will ruin PvE like most here love to exaggerate. Tell me, whats the difference between two people having a duel and a person running around with particle effect weapons/armor and mindlessly spamming skills? Nothing really, except the former one doesn’t look as stupid.

All the arguments given to oppose this have already been given dozens of solutions and that’s with most opposing arguments given being trivial at best. The entitlement of the opposing people on this thread is just plainly sad, I am deeply disappointed with the GW2 community.

PvE Dueling

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I said the same thing a few pages back :P no one wants to discuss possinle solutions, just hate on each other

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

PvE Dueling

Wetpaw.3487

I said the same thing a few pages back :P no one wants to discuss possinle solutions, just hate on each other

I added to List Of Things We Want In Gemstore, I didn’t take credit but sure as hell will promote it.

JQ Druid

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Your next trick is telling us over and over again that we are not afraid of the actual duels, but of harassment. Which technically is true. But that is the same as saying “hey, you are afraid of the gun. That is stupid, guns are harmless, you need to be afraid of the bullets”. And you keep denying that harassment can be a – CAN BE, NOT HAS TO BE (which noone claimed) – likely consequence of declining a duel request.

This analogy does not work because bullets are an integral part of a gun’s intended purpose. Harassment is not an inherent part of dueling, and certainly seems to be unlikely to be an intended design element of dueling.

The reality is that any content or feature option added to the game may or will have the potential for being used to grief other players. Do we advocate for the cessation of all content development as a result?

(edited by Ashen.2907)

PvE Dueling

runeblade.7514

PvE is for cooperation.

Yes just conveniently ignore the fact that some are password protected.

Also conveniently ignore the fact that a duel can be interrupted by simply pulling mobs to you in PvE.

Conveniently ignoring facts or griefing people doesn’t make your argument a good one.

1. I ignore the fact that they are password protected because if I can’t get in, they can’t get in.

Okay, fine, Lets not ignore that. You have to pay a subscription fee to duel in a password protected room. Why can’t PvE players pay a subscription fee to do dungeons to be free from griefers running in and stealing their dungeon rewards? That would be equally fair.

2. A griefer can do that, but then the players are at fault for dueling at such a place. They can duel in non-monster zones and there are plenty of zones that don’t have mobs. Mobs have a short leash so a griefer cannot pull a mob half the map away to grief a duel.

You conveniently ignore that Custom Arena do not work.

PvE Dueling

runeblade.7514

Go figure…

Who is doing the griefing? Was it the duelist that tried to grief their own consenting duel or the griefer that exploited the fact that custom arena duels DO NOT WORK!

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Make it unlimited and make it if it’s in the bank it’s not considered in possession. One inventory slot isn’t going to hinder too many and will let players who may not want to always want to have to worry about being asked for a duel a means to “auto-decline”.

And while a dueling boon is active, nearby foes (including other duelers, if that’s possible) can’t harm you. Meaning griefers not in the duel can’t run that mob into your duel to ruin it.

You also can’t hurt other foes and you aren’t counted as in the event as to not effect scaling of nearby events.

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

And while a dueling boon is active, nearby foes (including other duelers, if that’s possible) can’t harm you. Meaning griefers not in the duel can’t run that mob into your duel to ruin it.

Invulnerability to all the stuff in the game world until you’re done with your duel? I’m pretty sure that’s just begging for people to abuse it, however it’s implemented. And if it’s not, then you get just the problem you’re wanting to prevent.

So long as the duelers are a part of the game world, the game world can affect the duel. Disassociating them from the game world elements, but not the world itself, causes problems. You’ll have to choose between having a fair fight elsewhere, or staying in the game world for it and being affected by the world.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

PvE Dueling

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Didn’t take long for a member of the pro-dueling crowd to start sending harassing pms.

Dueling period is a bad idea.

(edited by DaShi.1368)

PvE Dueling

Dark Catalyst.1028

Didn’t take long for the pro-dueling crowd to start sending harassing pms.

Can you prove that a member of the “pro-dueling” crowd sent you a harassing PM?

PvE Dueling

DaShi.1368

He’s already been reported, but I’m not going to post other people’s pms. If you choose not to believe me, that’s your choice. Dueling just brings out the worst in people. The way you treat others in this thread demonstrates this further.

PvE Dueling

Ashen.2907

He’s already been reported, but I’m not going to post other people’s pms. If you choose not to believe me, that’s your choice. Dueling just brings out the worst in people. The way you treat others in this thread demonstrates this further.

You refer to, “he,” seemingly indicating that it was a single individual. And yet you refer, in the previous post, to harassing PMs from a, “crowd.” Attempting to portray an entire group of people, not really even a group of people so much as an otherwise unconnected collection of individuals who happen to have one interest in common, as responsible for the actions of a single individual is a bit off don’t you think ?

Are there duelists that behave poorly ? Yeah there are. Is that because they are duelists ? No, its because they are people and people sometimes behave poorly. There is no activity in this game that is free of people who sometimes behave poorly.

PvE Dueling

DaShi.1368

I stated what happened clearly. Twisting my words won’t change what happened.

PvE Dueling

Dark Catalyst.1028

I don’t believe you because I’ve seen people go to ridiculous lengths and make absurd arguments in order to prevent this game from receiving a feature that they personally dislike.

This doesn’t help your case. Especially considering the fact that the actions of one person don’t represent the whole nor are they any sort of indicator.

PvE Dueling

Dark Catalyst.1028

I stated what happened clearly. Twisting my words won’t change what happened.

Too bad you can’t prove what happened. Which makes your recent statement meaningless.

PvE Dueling

DaShi.1368

What case? I simply stated what happened. You can choose to believe it or not.

I admit that I was never in favor open world dueling, but was fine with other forms of dueling. Now, after experiencing what others here have experienced in other games, I can fully understand why they are so strongly against dueling. It just creates a negative atmosphere in the game.

You have been consistently rude to me and others in this thread to promote your pro-dueling agenda. Dueling is clearly very closely associated with harassment.

PvE Dueling

Dark Catalyst.1028

What case? I simply stated what happened. You can choose to believe it or not.

I admit that I was never in favor open world dueling, but was fine with other forms of dueling. Now, after experiencing what others here have experienced in other games, I can fully understand why they are so strongly against dueling. It just creates a negative atmosphere in the game.

You have been consistently rude to me and others in this thread to promote your pro-dueling agenda. Dueling is clearly very closely associated with harassment.

How have I been rude to you? Because I disagree?

PvE Dueling

DaShi.1368

You are free to disagree.

PvE Dueling

Ashen.2907

I don’t remember who mentioned it first but I would like to commend the poster who suggested that auto-decline be the default setting if open world dueling is implemented. Having dueling be an opt-in rather than an opt-out function is a great idea in my opinion.

PvE Dueling

DaShi.1368

I altered my statement to address your concern.

PvE Dueling

Wetpaw.3487

Make it unlimited and make it if it’s in the bank it’s not considered in possession. One inventory slot isn’t going to hinder too many and will let players who may not want to always want to have to worry about being asked for a duel a means to “auto-decline”.

You also can’t hurt other foes and you aren’t counted as in the event as to not effect scaling of nearby events.

I would imagine this item would be unlimited, like the store bought finishers.

As for other players attacking one of the duelist, I have never seen that option in other games, only the players within the consensual duel can attack each other.

As for beasts and other game controlled entities getting drawn in, meh, this has happen before and no biggie. Usually one player burns it down and the duel commences.

Scaling an event I hardly see an issue with this, not like players would want to duel under Tequatl’s face, or in Maw area effects. Any other world scaling would be as trivial as players in the area gathering, questing, RP’n, etc..

It’s a big world w/plenty of very cool spots for duels to happen some remote, and others for show.

The community building/events sandbox elements of this would be pretty fun and just what this game needs.

JQ Druid

PvE Dueling

runeblade.7514

How about this? No.

I’ll accept that if they sold Elder Dragon boss battle behind a gem shop purchase. Not an expansion, not a dungeon, just a single elder dragon boss. No one is allowed to fight it except people that bought the privilege to fight it.

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I would imagine this item would be unlimited, like the store bought finishers.

As for other players attacking one of the duelist, I have never seen that option in other games, only the players within the consensual duel can attack each other.

As for beasts and other game controlled entities getting drawn in, meh, this has happen before and no biggie. Usually one player burns it down and the duel commences.

Scaling an event I hardly see an issue with this, not like players would want to duel under Tequatl’s face, or in Maw area effects. Any other world scaling would be as trivial as players in the area gathering, questing, RP’n, etc..

It’s a big world w/plenty of very cool spots for duels to happen some remote, and others for show.

The community building/events sandbox elements of this would be pretty fun and just what this game needs.

Just trying to think of things that are within the current scope of the game. Don’t know how well ANet can set things to be specific towards a specific player when it comes to dueling.

Don’t see how invulnerabilty from foes as well as inability to attack said foes except for the other duelist negatively effects PvE. And this is to counter one of the arguments against dueling: someone so against dueling that they’ll grief any they see by dragging mobs.

Event scaling is another argument against open world dueling so duelers automatically not counting helps with that.

Just came up with solutions to the arguments against open world PvE that ANet can do something about preventing from being an actual problem (even if the perceived problem wouldn’t be a huge problem at all).

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Then the simplest solution to the whole problem (one that has been proposed since the very beginning of the thread, and for some reason consequently ignored) is to make them work.
It is much easier for Anet to improve on already existing system, than to make a new one from scratch. Additionally, it would make duels available without putting them in the face of people that do not want any PvP in their PvE.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

PvE Dueling

runeblade.7514

Then the simplest solution to the whole problem (one that has been proposed since the very beginning of the thread, and for some reason consequently ignored) is to make them work.
It is much easier for Anet to improve on already existing system, than to make a new one from scratch. Additionally, it would make duels available without putting them in the face of people that do not want any PvP in their PvE.

Only way to do that is to give free custom servers for everyone. But that won’t make any profit and that will create tons of needless servers. It will turn into a loss more than a profit.

Or the alternative, just create dueling.

PvE Dueling

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Sorry but i won’t support Open World dueling.If dueling is added it should be allowed only in the Mists or OS.Those are the two PvP areas that should let you fight other players.I don’t like the idea to fight in the PvE areas.
Splitting PvE/PvP/WvW is great and i like it that way.Don’t try to fix something that isn’t broken.The PvE is fine as it is.PvP should stay in WvW/sPvP

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

PvE Dueling

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Didn’t take long for a member of the pro-dueling crowd to start sending harassing pms.

Well, shame on him/her.

Would be nice if we could have this discussion with nothing but reasonable arguments and fair compromises.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…