RIP keyfarming [merged]

RIP keyfarming [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Oh, the sound of kitten farmers. Your cheap kitten is ruining the game for new players and people who want to play the game (and since you don’t support the game with money or rising the gold to gems ratio, you’re also ruining the game). Deal with it.

And what I do care about killing mobs without drops or exp? BECAUSE I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME! No just rush, finish and get rewards.

And obviously, you can’t possibly comprehend how farmers ruin other players experience. After all, selfish players only care about themselves.

so what about the people that farm keys with sword warriors and no tweaks? you know, the “i don’t want to pay more just to farm more easily” crowd, like me? we kill mobs just as fast as you.

Did I said something about warriors? No. Still, you aren’t supporting the game but well, ArenaNet works for free I guess.

1- key farmers are as unintrusive as it gets, because it’s essentially a single player farm. they do the whole thing inside personal story instances.

2- they’re not ruining the game because you don’t have to rush with them.

3- they’re actually keeping weapon skin prices in check

4- you clearly have something against warrior keyfarmers too, because you think they, and the whole thing, should be gone, even if you didn’t outright call out warriors.

5- ironically, i do buy gems. i just refuse to buy them for keys. i don’t like gambles. i like spending my money on things i know i’m getting, so i buy armor skins, or unique skins, but i’m never going to buy a single gem to spend on keys anymore, because more likely than not it’ll be a waste of money. in fact, buying keys with cash and regreting it is the reason i started keyfarming in the first place.

so yeah, i’d rather not give ANet a dime through this system. if they want (more of) my money, they need to do better.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

Update: apparently, in the Chinese version of the game, you don’t get a key until the Level 20 story.

key farm is dead. i don’t care…never did it.
as long as the same number of keys are available as PS rewards (but at higher levels), i’m fine with that.

BL tickets skins go up a little in value….to properly reflect the cost it would take to get them buying keys off the gem store (which hopefully becomes a guaranteed scrap every chest).

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Didn’t people say that the Chinese stuff wouldn’t ever come to NA side? So much for that. =p

Nah, they only said the optional VIP membership for a monthly fee wasn’t planned for the states. They never said that the games wouldn’t share features.

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Update: apparently, in the Chinese version of the game, you don’t get a key until the Level 20 story.

key farm is dead. i don’t care…never did it.
as long as the same number of keys are available as PS rewards (but at higher levels), i’m fine with that.

BL tickets skins go up a little in value….to properly reflect the cost it would take to get them buying keys off the gem store (which hopefully becomes a guaranteed scrap every chest).

How about 400 gold plus for one weapon in the absence of key farmers and no changes to the drop rate?

Average drop rate % of scraps has been 20%. This means an average of 50 keys to get 10 scraps.

4200 gems are needed to get 50 keys at 2100 gems for 25. That’s $52.50€
At this moment
Buying gems with gold: 14.85gold/100 gems
Selling gems to buy gold: 9.92 gold/100 gems

If someone buys 50 keys with $52.50€, then to break even if he wants to sell the skin he has to sell it for at least 416.64 gold (4200 gems/100 × 9.92gold) to make as much as he could have gotten by selling the 4200 gems directly to get gold.

If someone buys the gems with gold, he will need to spend 623.70 gold to get 4200 gems (14.85 gold x 4,200/100)

This means at the current gems to gold conversion, the lowest price for new weapon skins in the absence of key farmers is 416.64 gold.

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Bye Conkeyta Wurst, my guildie’s keyfarming alt with carefully designed looks to match

Very happy to see keyfarming nerfed to oblivion!
If Anet have been saying all along they won’t make too many new zones, etc. etc. to avoid players being spread out too thin, then having large groups of players work solo or in twos/threes locked away in the same, instanced story quests over and over must be detrimental to this situation in the same manner and should be removed as an option.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

Right? I love trying to beat my previous record, I think it’s fun! And yeah, the devs already chimed in multiple times that key farming was totally legit and not an exploit.

Now, they did say that with the disclaimer that they might make changes to rewards later on, and that may be what we’re seeing here. Though I hope it won’t break runs entirely, that is something they indicated they might do.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

But you don’t just get skins do you? And LS is optional. I hate the skin I’ve binned the items already. Also I don’t think the majority of people play PvP to get skins. It’s far quicker to get the skins by doing the dungon that completing a PvP track. So if skins are your main motivation. I don’t think many people do it in PvP alone.

You say you don’t play for skins, so I would like to know, why do you play?
Playing with friends doesn’t count, you can do that in any other online game too.

I like playing the game because, Shock horror, I find it fun. I like doing dungons, exploring the world. I already have the look/skins I want. If I get a skin I didn’t have already cool. Another step towards some AP. As for going Pokemon on them. Not intrested at all. As I’ve said already, I don’t like 90% of the skins in the game and the most exspencive ones lest of all. If you like collecting skins good for you, as I’ve already said. What you enjoy in the game may not be the same as what you enjoy, that dose not mean I’m doing it wrong.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

As I already said, skins are the main goal in this game.

Having fun is the goal of every game ever created…

Let me know when you decide which argument you want to make. Is GW2 supposed to be fun or about skins.

I was thinking that my self.

I suspect you know exactly what he’s saying & that he’s right, but it sounds nice to nitpick on semantics & pretended it makes sense.

You two act like: collecting skins cannot be considered fun. This is not only obviously wrong but counter to what Anet itself has said repeatedly about the endgame goals in this game. To somehow take any notion of “I collect skins as my endgame” as a departure from fun (an amorphous concept that you seem to be able to quantify only as “nothing to do with skins”) is just stabbing at a strawman to try to invalidate any criticism of Anet’s conflicting actions & statements regarding skins & endgame. They want the endgame goals to be cosmetic, but at the same time make the vast majority of the skins added to the game gamble & pay only.

This is one of the reasons many people liked the expansion model. You payed to unlock the experience then earn everything in that experience. You didn’t get mediocre tiny chunks of story then have almost every decent reward put into a store.

As I’ve already said collecting skins is like collecting minis, it’s optional. I also said if that’s his thing great. Telling me it’s end game and what I should be doing is BS. And as I’ve pointed out. Buying he skins of the TP is not bad when you compair the price of “unlocking” the 2 skins for just making Sunrise for exsample. Say it costs 3000g to make, and BLC skins are 100g on the TP each, that’s 30 skin unlocks. Yet he’s rejected these ideas and still harps on about not wanting to pay for BLKs. They are just arguing for the sake of it now.

As far as I’ve seen ANet have never said collecting skins is what we should be doing. They said we should be able to have the look we want with out it taking up bank space. That’s why the wardrobe was added.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Oh, the sound of kitten farmers. Your cheap kitten is ruining the game for new players and people who want to play the game (and since you don’t support the game with money or rising the gold to gems ratio, you’re also ruining the game). Deal with it.

And what I do care about killing mobs without drops or exp? BECAUSE I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME! No just rush, finish and get rewards.

And obviously, you can’t possibly comprehend how farmers ruin other players experience. After all, selfish players only care about themselves.

so what about the people that farm keys with sword warriors and no tweaks? you know, the “i don’t want to pay more just to farm more easily” crowd, like me? we kill mobs just as fast as you.

Did I said something about warriors? No. Still, you aren’t supporting the game but well, ArenaNet works for free I guess.

Considering I just spent another $20 a few hours ago for gems, I’ll bet that I’ve spent more real world currency on the game than you have. Also, how many times are you rolling a human to be so so terribly inconvenienced? At most, you could be experiencing this for a 30 second event for one race. For that you are so terribly put out that you want everyone else out of your Queensdale? I think anyone with such intolerance is a far greater threat to the game to be honest.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

key farm was always an exploit
i expect the nerf

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Uuni.3561

Uuni.3561

i expect the nerf

I don’t think you quite understand what the word ‘exploit’ means

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

i expect the nerf

There were multiple red posts coming from the devs explaining how key farming was ok. Apparently it wasn’t, since they need their allmighty gemstore to rule unquestioned.

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Svetli.4276

the way i see it to make character just for 1 key and the delete it is stupid
but i was proven wrong buy a guy that made 1000 keys that way, so a net saw that and change the system
gratz on the 1000 key guy ! he made this possible, he and all you others maniacs taking exploits to new hight SALUTE !

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

1000 keys? 20 minutes each key with no breaks would be 334 hours which would be 3 key runs per day for just under a year, spread over 2 years would be a key run or 2 a day. Possible certainly but I personally would shoot myself before I did it.

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Ixillius.5768

Ixillius.5768

1000 keys? 20 minutes each key with no breaks would be 334 hours which would be 3 key runs per day for just under a year, spread over 2 years would be a key run or 2 a day. Possible certainly but I personally would shoot myself before I did it.

I believe the guy did 500 in the period the style kit dropped from the BLC. Which was about a month.

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Astral Projections.7320

I’m just waiting till the next set of weapon skins hit the TP. I’m curious what the prices will be without the supply from key farmers.

Once the supply of tickets gained from key farming runs dry, the weapons in the trading post will start off at several hundred gold.

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Svetli.4276

as they should be !

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Astral Projections.7320

as they should be !

And they will be.

A person buying gems with real money, at current gold prices and scrap drop rate, will have to sell one skin for over 400 gold to match the price of selling the same amount of gems directly.

If starting prices for new weapons is over 400 gold, how do you think the majority of people now playing who are used to starting prices at 100 gold or less or going to react?

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Doing Free to Play Wrong – How Bad Monetization Harms F2P Games – Extra Credits

A balance must be achieved between fulfilling the customs desires AND making money. Putting one on the table and forgetting about the other leads to a game you end up being unable to maintain or a game where the customers are generally displeased with having the money bleed out of them and leave anyways.

Thanks for linking that. Extra Credits should be mandatory viewing for all game developers.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Lantern.9687

Lantern.9687

Ok, a lot of people have been asking about key farming being nerfed with the update. I’ve always been on the side of “It won’t be, not intentionally at least” as Anet has said somewhere they support key farming as its only speed running the existing game, not bending the rules, ect.

Understandably some people, myself included, are a little more concerned this time around. It seems like the leveling system will be changed to be more like china’s. They don’t unlock a key until level 20. Is this happening to our farm?

I for one, would be terribly upset, as key farmers are not a hazard to anyone’s game experience, are mostly off in their own instance, and don’t spam chats with toxic words because, well, our fingers are mostly glued on the W and 1/f button. It seems like one of the few positive farms in guildwars, netting 1 key every 20 minutes, which makes it a very boring, alright incomed farm.

Could we get an official statement on this? I’d hate to think Diah’s cows could starve. They are chubby and need obscene amount of feed to survive.

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Lantern.9687

I’d be ok with this change if I was awarded 5 keys after lvl 10’s story. If I have to level to 10 to unlock the quest, then it will take me at least 15 minutes to run though the quests themselves, I’m looking at least an hour of work for ALOT less reward.

20 minute to key farm, 3 times for an hour, thats 3 keys. Lvling will be an hour, plus 20 for the quests, thats 4 keys in that time, give me an extra for the effort, and the fact I’m probably under estimating the time there, and well call it square.

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Do you know who is really ruining your game experience? TP flippers. Do you know why? Because they make everything on the TP more expensive and are the richest players in the game, although they don’t even play the game. They’re just flipping items. Go deal with those first before you start complaining about key farmers.

And we come full circle with this. As we’ve explained to you many times, because you don’t understand how the economies work, you assume TP players are a problem. They are the richest players because they put in effort to understanding the mechanics of selling. Just like why some people end up working for McDonald’s all their life, and some people create companies like MicroSoft or Ebay.

This.

Also HHR Lost Prophet,

This is a thread about key farming and has nothing to do with TP flippers. Please try to stay on topic and not use every thread as an excuse to push your anti-TP flipper agenda. Thank you.

On topic: I don’t have any reason to believe that key farming is dead. It MAY change, but we don’t know. Even if chapters are segmented, and locked behind accessing the PS at level 10, Leveling tomes are not hard to come by, and you should still be able to do it quickly. I don’t see it as an issue. Nothing in the blog suggested anything about locking the PS until level 10. People are using “China does it that way” as an excuse. Please don’t try to be so negative all the time, and take every little thing way out of context.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

On topic: I don’t have any reason to believe that key farming is dead. It MAY change, but we don’t know. Even if chapters are segmented, and locked behind accessing the PS at level 10, Leveling tomes are not hard to come by, and you should still be able to do it quickly. I don’t see it as an issue. Nothing in the blog suggested anything about locking the PS until level 10. People are using “China does it that way” as an excuse. Please don’t try to be so negative all the time, and take every little thing way out of context.

It’s just the fact that all the stuff they have talked about adding thus far is an exact copy of what they did in China. So its a kind of “if the shoe fits” situation, but I agree we cant be 100% certain. I have to say I would be shocked if it was any different though.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Roguefire.8174

Roguefire.8174

Traits: moved from level 11 to level 30
Downed: moved from level 1 to level 5
WvW and PvP: buttons for immediate access removed till levels 18 and 22
Weapon swapping and skill unlocks “been moved a bit to fill in better with the progression of mechanics we’ve established.” (I think we can assume here they have been moved to higher levels).

Are you seeing a trend here? I feel I am.

So what did they about the personal story.
“we’re updating the personal story steps using our new Story Journal so they come in story chunks that unlock all at once per chapter.”
“In this way, story chapters become another big moment to look forward to earning and unlocking as your character levels up.”

If the story is available at level 2, then there is no “big moment”. No “looking forward to earning and unlocking it”.

If they use the China version, then it’s a system that’s already made up, it’s been debugged and tried out with that player base. It’s much more likely they will use this rather than making a brand new and different system for us.

You took most of your quotes out of context, and made your information inaccurate… I can cover some of what you quoted me on, please read the full article, and don’t put a period in a quote where there is a comma, and don’t chop off a quote…

“For experienced players, most systems are still available as they are today; we will simply introduce these systems more gradually to new players and allow them to learn our game at a reasonable pace. For example, WvW and PvP will be messaged to players via the level-up notification system at levels 18 and 22, and the buttons in the top left will be hidden until then, but experienced users can use the portals in Lion’s Arch or use hot keys to access those game modes immediately.

Also some of your information is straight from China’s release, and not even mentioned in the article…

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Astral Projections.7320

Traits: moved from level 11 to level 30
Downed: moved from level 1 to level 5
Weapon swapping and skill unlocks “been moved a bit to fill in better with the progression of mechanics we’ve established.” (I think we can assume here they have been moved to higher levels).

Are you seeing a trend here? I feel I am.

So what did they about the personal story.
“we’re updating the personal story steps using our new Story Journal so they come in story chunks that unlock all at once per chapter.”
“In this way, story chapters become another big moment to look forward to earning and unlocking as your character levels up.”

If the story is available at level 2, then there is no “big moment”. No “looking forward to earning and unlocking it”.

If they use the China version, then it’s a system that’s already made up, it’s been debugged and tried out with that player base. It’s much more likely they will use this rather than making a brand new and different system for us.

You took most of your quotes out of context, and made your information inaccurate… I can cover some of what you quoted me on, please read the full article, and don’t put a period in a quote where there is a comma, and don’t chop off a quote…

“For experienced players, most systems are still available as they are today; we will simply introduce these systems more gradually to new players and allow them to learn our game at a reasonable pace. For example, WvW and PvP will be messaged to players via the level-up notification system at levels 18 and 22, and the buttons in the top left will be hidden until then, but experienced users can use the portals in Lion’s Arch or use hot keys to access those game modes immediately.

Also some of your information is straight from China’s release, and not even mentioned in the article…

Hmmm. I’m not seeing where my quoting was inaccurate but let’s look at the whole posts then.

Traits: already in game. Do you really need a quote for this?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-fresh-start-the-new-player-experience-in-guild-wars-2/
Personal story:
As another addition with the level-up guide, we’re updating the personal story steps using our new Story Journal so they come in story chunks that unlock all at once per chapter. When a story chapter is unlocked as a level-up reward, you’ll be able to play straight through the entire chapter from start to finish and not have any awkward starts and stops that throw off the storyline. In this way, story chapters become another big moment to look forward to earning and unlocking as your character levels up.

As I said above: If the story is available at level 2, then there is no “big moment”. No “looking forward to earning and unlocking it”.

Downed state: moved from level 1 to level 5
Weapon swapping and skill unlocks: moved to a different level, probably higher as they have “been moved a bit to fill in better with the progression of mechanics we’ve established”. If the other features have been moved to a higher level and these have been moved also to “fit in better” then it’s safe to say they have been moved to a higher level also.

“Some systems have been layered further along the leveling progression and will become fully unlocked when you reach those levels to help give players more time to learn the core game systems. For example, rallying from the downed state can be overwhelming to a brand-new Guild Wars 2 player. We’ve moved the downed state to unlock at level five so players have time to learn the basics of combat before they experience this system. We also made the downed state give you additional health early on to help make it easier to learn. As we layered in systems and new rewards across the levels, some other features like weapon swapping and skill slot unlocks have been moved a bit to fill in better with the progression of mechanics we’ve established.”

The part of about WvW and PvP, I’ll give you that. I should have made it clearer that this was something restricted to all new accounts. It is though another instance of them making something that was previously immediately and easily available and to all before this, more restrictive. This then fits in with the point I was making. New accounts will have those button locked and very likely won’t know about the hot keys or the LA portals. This makes a barrier to them easily getting to these areas, both by accident or on purpose.

Other than that point then, what did I say that was not in that post or a logical inference?

What did I say that was from the China release and not even mentioned in the article?

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

A balance must be achieved between fulfilling the customs desires AND making money. Putting one on the table and forgetting about the other leads to a game you end up being unable to maintain or a game where the customers are generally displeased with having the money bleed out of them and leave anyways.

Thanks for linking that. Extra Credits should be mandatory viewing for all game developers.

Well the way he describes it is much as what we see in GW2 and it’s bad. So have to disagree with that. While I have seen some of his video’s that made sense this one sadly does not. If I design a game around the monetization it does mean it effects the game and you don’t want the game to be effect because of the payment-model. Or at least as less as possible.

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Well the way he describes it is much as what we see in GW2 and it’s bad. So have to disagree with that. While I have seen some of his video’s that made sense this one sadly does not. If I design a game around the monetization it does mean it effects the game and you don’t want the game to be effect because of the payment-model. Or at least as less as possible.

I do think the video does somewhat apply to GW2. I think an example of good monetization are the instruments or the bouquet of roses.
Black Lion Chests would also be a good monetization, if 1) the keys wouldn’t cost so much and if 2) all items which can be obtained through BLCs would be equally desireable.
Skins, since they are the main goal the game presents you, are not a good monetization.
Items like Transmutation Charges, Black Lion Salvage Kits, endless Mining Tools, Character Slot expasions, Bag Slot expansions, Bank Tab expansions, Collection expander, Upgrade Extractor or an Additional Crafting Licence are not. Those items are no goodies but influence your whole game experience. That said, I’m personally ok with Bank Tab expansions and Character Slot expansions.

(edited by HHR LostProphet.4801)

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Considering there really is no good way to obtain keys currently, if this does in fact remove them from story rewards, it’ll feel like an intentional slap in the face.

1. Pull out credit card
2. Open Gem store
3. Buy pack of Black Lion Keys

Keys are supposed to be their main source of RNG revenue… it was never intended for people to get them for free.

rolls eyes

The gemstore in general is the “main source” of revenue. I highly doubt keys are a main source within that. If they were, you’d see them adding kitten to the chests a heck of a lot more often. Instead we see more armors, weapons, outfits, minis, and dyes.

According to a lot of your posts, Zudet, the players aren’t intended to get anything for free. Stop with the money creep scares.

The ‘BOX’ is the main source of income as everyone who plays the game has to buy it. The CS is extra income not the primary income. No one has to buy anything from the CS to play this game.

It’s very clear you have no idea what you’re talking about….

Box sales only? Sustaining a long-term MMO? Seriously? Maybe for year one…

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: OnyX.9027

OnyX.9027

key farm was always yet another farm that some players liked to do and impacted on the buying of gems
guaranteed nerf

Corrected

The ‘BOX’ is the main source of income as everyone who plays the game has to buy it. The CS is extra income not the primary income.

hahahahahaaaa….
oh wait you’re actually serious {o.O}

Reservoir Shugo – Necro
Soul of Onyx – Guardian

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

You know why you are fine with character slots, because they are elements that ar not really in the game. Bank tabs are but to a lesser extent. They are more like tools. It’s also oke to sell race changers or total make-over kits.

Anyway I don’t really see how you would successfully completely monetize a game with the cash-shop without influencing the game in a negative way.

Anyway it’s going to much of topic. Removing key farming would be bad because it has become a game-play for many people. Even if they would remove the cash-shop (one can only hope) and so keys would be gone completely they should try to at the same time implement something similar to. Something like twinks. It seems that many people like key-farming because they find it a challenge to get a low level char to be extremely efficient and have cool armor and so on while in the meanwhile getting rewarded for it.

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Apparently the guy did about 500 of them over a period of about 3 months then sat down and did the other 500 in a matter of about 10 days (what he reported), to open them all during the Perma Hair Style drop period. I took issue with the math too, but after figuring out what he claimed (sleeping about 3 or 4 hours and then taking breaks for about another 2 hours a day….basically 18 hours of key runs a day), what he claims is possible. He certainly had the loot in a video to prove he opened 1000 BL chests….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

I have 2 and a half stacks of unopened chests in storage. I get three or more a day in loot drops. Buying keys can break the bank trying to open them. I have gotten to the point of putting them in the guild bank for others to have. I have a limited real life obligations that take precedence over buying gems in a make believe world. Instead of making the chests in the common loot tables and put them in the rare loot table. It would really help.

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Lantern.9687

Apparently the guy did about 500 of them over a period of about 3 months then sat down and did the other 500 in a matter of about 10 days (what he reported), to open them all during the Perma Hair Style drop period. I took issue with the math too, but after figuring out what he claimed (sleeping about 3 or 4 hours and then taking breaks for about another 2 hours a day….basically 18 hours of key runs a day), what he claims is possible. He certainly had the loot in a video to prove he opened 1000 BL chests….

Right. I dude farmed all that by himself. Over 3 months, then not really living a real life for 10 days straight. He openly says he’ll never do it again because it felt like death. His 1000 keys should be something thats “wowed! that guy farmed” not “We need to get rid of this.”

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Roguefire.8174

what did I say that was not in that post or a logical inference?

As it was full stated…

“WvW and PvP will be messaged to players via the level-up notification system at levels 18 and 22, and the buttons in the top left will be hidden until then, but experienced users can use the portals in Lion’s Arch or use hot keys to access those game modes immediately.

The big moment at the start of the game is the intro into the game and learning the basic mechanics through Chapter 1 story line.

I’m not sure why everyone is thinking it has to be level 10… So let me get this straight, everyone thinks that once you create a new character you skip the intro and part 1 of the first chapter until level 10? And just randomly pop into the game? That makes no sense…

The intro leads into the first part of chapter 1. First chapter is content for level 1-10… so you have to be level 10 to play level 1 content? What??? And so to play Chapter 2 (lvl 11-20) you need to be level 20? That’s completely backwards.

Chapter one part 2 leads you to your first scout and your first heart to get you started in exploring the game. To remove this until level 10 would make absolutely zero sense and would actually negatively impact what they are talking about doing in the update.

It makes much more sense for you to unlock Chapter 2 at 10 since that’s for 11-20 content. Everyone is taking what they are saying out of context, speculating, and panicking before any real details is released.

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

You’re right, let’s just have everything in the game handed out for free or at vendor price and hope Anet someone ends up with millions of dollars in revenue from box sales to sustain itself

I wonder why you don’t want to understand that they don’t have lock every new skin behind a paywall. Not to mention that they could’ve pushed for an expansion to get new money.

Expansion money would cover development plus something on top. Maybe.
You sound like you NEED all those skins accessible to be able to enjoy the game.
Why? Arent few skins / month enough? Just play the game! Or start collecting something outside of the game. Aaah, it costs money right? Then you can buy gems instead.

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Astral Projections.7320

As it was full stated…

“WvW and PvP will be messaged to players via the level-up notification system at levels 18 and 22, and the buttons in the top left will be hidden until then, but experienced users can use the portals in Lion’s Arch or use hot keys to access those game modes immediately.

The big moment at the start of the game is the intro into the game and learning the basic mechanics through Chapter 1 story line.

I’m not sure why everyone is thinking it has to be level 10… So let me get this straight, everyone thinks that once you create a new character you skip the intro and part 1 of the first chapter until level 10? And just randomly pop into the game? That makes no sense…

The intro leads into the first part of chapter 1. First chapter is content for level 1-10… so you have to be level 10 to play level 1 content? What??? And so to play Chapter 2 (lvl 11-20) you need to be level 20? That’s completely backwards.

Chapter one part 2 leads you to your first scout and your first heart to get you started in exploring the game. To remove this until level 10 would make absolutely zero sense and would actually negatively impact what they are talking about doing in the update.

It makes much more sense for you to unlock Chapter 2 at 10 since that’s for 11-20 content. Everyone is taking what they are saying out of context, speculating, and panicking before any real details is released.

Obviously, If it’s going to come to in chunks now then it has to have stopping points and breaks in it. Why is a stopping point after you get out of the tutorial harder to believe in than a stopping point after level 10? Each will have a break in the pointer leading to the next step. When you get out of the tutorial the scout NPC can still direct you to the hearts. The break can be that after you do one heart you don’t get the mail that sends you off to Divinities reach. That can come when you ding level 10.

As to why level 10, it’s already set up and ready to be ported in. They’ve been testing it on all the people who bought the Chinese client. They know how well it works. Bugs have been removed. Why should they then completely rewrite the timing of when you get each separate stage of the personal story just for us? If the first step is changed, then the timing of each following step has to be changed also.

The other parts that have been changed have been pushed back. If weapon swapping, downed state, traits, etc. are all later then why wouldn’t this be?

Well, I guess we will find out soon enough, one way or another.
By the way, I’m hoping you’re right and I’m wrong.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Roguefire.8174

Obviously, If it’s going to come to in chunks now then it has to have stopping points and breaks in it. Why is a stopping point after you get out of the tutorial harder to believe in than a stopping point after level 10? Each will have a break in the pointer leading to the next step. When you get out of the tutorial the scout NPC can still direct you to the hearts. The break can be that after you do one heart you don’t get the mail that sends you off to Divinities reach. That can come when you ding level 10.

As to why level 10, it’s already set up and ready to be ported in. They’ve been testing it on all the people who bought the Chinese client. They know how well it works. Bugs have been removed. Why should they then completely rewrite the timing of when you get each separate stage of the personal story just for us? If the first step is changed, then the timing of each following step has to be changed also.

The other parts that have been changed have been pushed back. If weapon swapping, downed state, traits, etc. are all later then why wouldn’t this be?

It’s even easier to keep it as it is for the intro chapter, and it makes complete sense. You don’t plop someone into this game without even an intro… lol but you can think that makes sense…

Well have fun running lvl 1 content at lvl 10 then… and you better make sure your lvl 90 when you run lvl 80 stuff too… I’m glad you don’t work for Anet. You would fit right in with China though… lol

(edited by Roguefire.8174)

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I have 2 and a half stacks of unopened chests in storage. …….

You should go check out the current BL chest prices on the TP…..never been higher.

If you are so sure you can never open them all, you can at least make some gold with them.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Astral Projections.7320

It’s even easier to keep it as it is for the intro chapter, and it makes complete sense. You don’t plop someone into this game without even an intro… lol but you can think that makes sense…

Well have fun running lvl 1 content at lvl 10 then… and you better make sure your lvl 90 when you run lvl 80 stuff too… I’m glad you don’t work for Anet. You would fit right in with China though… lol

I never said I wanted this new update. If you look at my past posts over this last 2 days you will see I’m critical of it. What I’m saying is this is how I think it’s going to be put into the game from how it is in China and how ANet is bringing these gaming elements over from that region.

However, if you are just posting to be rude now then there is no further reason for us to discuss this.

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

As it was full stated…

I agree. However all the arguements saying that it is at level 10 is based on how the Chinese Client works. And apparently some of the thing being implemented are from the Chinese Client. So the fear is that this is going to come over as well. Although I believe there is no justification for that fear. Such a change would surely be announced, as it is a MAJOR change, but not a hint of it was mentioned in the blog, which leads me to believe that this isn’t the case.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Roguefire.8174

Why put a level requirement of 1-9 content, if you cant even run it until lvl 10… that simply makes no sense. Why put an intro of your game after 10 levels? lol if you think that makes sense then move to China

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Why put a level requirement of 1-9 content, if you cant even run it until lvl 10… that simply makes no sense. Why put an intro of your game after 10 levels? lol if you think that makes sense then move to China

You can ask Anet because that’s exactly what they’re doing in China … and almost certainly doing here after the patch.

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

As it was full stated…

Well, I guess we will find out soon enough, one way or another.
By the way, I’m hoping you’re right and I’m wrong.

I think the question we’re asking is why should it be when the fluidity of the personal story was never an issue within the community to begin with? Don’t fix what isn’t broken and all that. :/

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

But it was a problem. New players, not knowing better, was following the green dot even if it led them into areas that were significantly to high of a level for them.

What it sounds like what they did is lock the chapters until you are a level where you can to the whole chapter. So first chapter story ends at Level 10, so now you must be Level 10 to start the chapter. Coupled with “the arrow of what to do next” should relieve a lot of confusion from new players who are used to a quest chain leading them by the nose across the world.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Fenar.4025

Fenar.4025

as they should be !

And they will be.

A person buying gems with real money, at current gold prices and scrap drop rate, will have to sell one skin for over 400 gold to match the price of selling the same amount of gems directly.

If starting prices for new weapons is over 400 gold, how do you think the majority of people now playing who are used to starting prices at 100 gold or less or going to react?

Answer: the market for BL weapon skins will collapse. You might see a few of the more popular weapons listed for exorbitant prices. Also, if a weapon costing 1 ticket goes for 400 gold, then a weapon costing 5 tickets would go for… 2,000 gold! At that point, you are better off making a legendary.

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Leo Paul.1659

There’s already a recommended level tag for personal story chapters. And maps have level indications on them too. You know what killed the cat.

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

So, does the whole personal story get a re-write? It’s too easy now at the lvl 1-10 part. That’s the real reason that you can key farm. I can get the key by lvl 4 now. Seriously, save Shaemoor as a lvl 10? You have to be kidding.

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Roguefire.8174

But it was a problem. New players, not knowing better, was following the green dot even if it led them into areas that were significantly to high of a level for them.

What it sounds like what they did is lock the chapters until you are a level where you can to the whole chapter. So first chapter story ends at Level 10, so now you must be Level 10 to start the chapter. Coupled with “the arrow of what to do next” should relieve a lot of confusion from new players who are used to a quest chain leading them by the nose across the world.

Level 1-10 story content is exactly what players should be doing at the beginning of the game… it runs them through the basics… now I can understand chapter 2 being locked until level 10, that makes sense. Next you will be saying we cant enter Queensdale until level 17 right?

They haven’t stated any of what you are assuming, the changes here are not at all a copy paste of China version, clearly they already stated this is not the case

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Of course not, that’s silly. But obviously you haven’t seen the “what to do now? next PS chapter is x levels higher than me” posts over the years on the Player Helping Player board.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

RIP keyfarming [merged]

Leo Paul.1659

Of course not, that’s silly. But obviously you haven’t seen the “what to do now? next PS chapter is x levels higher than me” posts over the years on the Player Helping Player board.

:/ Not sure if serious. This is hardly an argument for a revamp in personal story development.