Refund on the Infinite Continue Coin?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Capitol City.4856

Capitol City.4856

Q:

On April first there was quite a bit of rage concerning the lack of SAB. As I said, I’m only slightly bitter about this, I really enjoyed the ol’ box but I like other aspects of GW2 enough to let Anet slide on this one :P
I am however a bit upset about the infinite continue coin. I bought it a while back (obviously) assuming I was making a long term investment, which I now realize was a mistake. If I’d known the money I was throwing at the screen was going into an item that would have value for less than a month… I wouldn’t have thrown money at the screen.

If the Super Adventure Box isn’t coming back for another year, and Anet knows this, is there a way to get refunded for the coin? I could use the gems on like minis or something else of lasting value. Thanks

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

A:

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Lol…. Are you actually serious? Sab will eventually come back.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

with how it was going till now… That could be like at the end of the game’s lifetime even -.-

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I suddenly suspect they’re going to bring it back as an “adventure” in HoT.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

with how it was going till now… That could be like at the end of the game’s lifetime even -.-

The team that worked on SAB are busy working on finishing up the expansion. This is why they have not had enough time to release World 3 despite there being a lull in content at the moment.

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

the problem it’s when….
i don’t want to be rude , but IF now they are working too hard with the expansion why they didn’t release at least world 3 early , it’s too easy always looking for an exscuse for anet , if they have a bad release plan we can’t always blame the community for asking about SAB’s next world
we are waiting this since semptermber 2013…..

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I suddenly suspect they’re going to bring it back as an “adventure” in HoT.

SAB as an “adventure” with competitive leaderboards? IF they actually do this then I’d say the wait would be well worth it.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I would like a refund on my coin too.

Its like buying a car and the dealership says “You can only drive it for 2 weeks, then we lock it away for 3 years”.

Mirta.5029

The team that worked on SAB are busy working on finishing up the expansion. This is why they have not had enough time to release World 3 despite there being a lull in content at the moment.

no reason why they couldn’t release Worlds 1 and 2 as a permanent edition where you would consume coins to enter. It has been missing for over a year now, it’s not just this pre-expansion time.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

I don’t think you’ll ever see a refund for that coin. And i don’t think we’ll ever see SAB again as well.
They had all the time they could need to make a third world and put it ingame after the living story ended (since putting it during the living story wouldn’t have been good, or something like that). They just chose not to do it. And it isn’t like they didn’t knew that they would have to work on the expansion later on.
When the expansion will be out, there will be some other excuse, and so on. They’ll just procrastinate it forever and ever.
It isn’t even the first time they do so. Just have a look at the hobosack thread on the engineer section. And we’re talking about 5 skins and some code there. Yet they seem to ever lack the resources to do so (guess they are too busy doing gem store skins, heh).

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

It’s ok, they have done similar things. You bought the coin for SAB, you used it several times. You assumed there would be new worlds later, you assumed. You won’t get a refund for assumptions.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Thing is, I can defend Anet in one way by saying I understand that they don’t want SAB to be a distraction from Living Story or in game content.

But there is no in game content being added right now other than gem store items. SAB would be a welcome addition to the game while we wait for HoT’s release. I think a lot of players in game will be bored and disinterested by the time HoT comes out, without distractions.

I also think that we will never see SAB again (or at least for another year) and that Gaile is not being given all the information that we wish she was.

Manuhell.2759

It’s ok, they have done similar things. You bought the coin for SAB, you used it several times. You assumed there would be new worlds later, you assumed. You won’t get a refund for assumptions.

Uh, that’s not an assumption, though. We even had hubs for them already on the SAB main plaza. And SAB:Back to School ended at start of the first stage of the third world.
Anyway, we knew there would be four worlds since the first release. That’s, like, the only thing we’re certain of.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Try submitting a ticket. If enough people complain, then maybe they’ll listen.

If it is actually going to be post-HoT then that’s going to be two years minimum that the coin has been useless. Taking people’s real money for a product then leaving it this long is insulting. It doesn’t matter if “technically” they only said it’s coming back, not when, you simply don’t treat paying customers like that (and the minis in the BLCs was practically mocking us).

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

A company with high standards of ethical business practices would honor your request OP. Good luck, but do not hold your breath here.

Ayrilana.1396

A company with high standards of ethical business practices would honor your request OP. Good luck, but do not hold your breath here.

No. Companies do not allow refunds whenever and for whatever reasons customers want. SAB is coming back in the future as has been stated by Anet. Currently the team that designed SAB are wrapped up in finishing the expansion. When they’ve finished, this will free them to work on other projects such as SAB.

Mirta.5029

No. Companies do not allow refunds whenever and for whatever reasons customers want. SAB is coming back in the future as has been stated by Anet. Currently the team that designed SAB are wrapped up in finishing the expansion. When they’ve finished, this will free them to work on other projects such as SAB.

you see it’s a really bad practice to say “you will be able to use our product sometime in the abstract future and that’s why we’re not handing out refunds”. If they said “in a year” people would be like “oh, okay”, however when they say “it’s not a priority”, then I’m sorry, but how long till you release existing content back? 6 years? 8 years?

If they’re not willing to give a date then they should be willing to give a refund.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I hope they offer a refund for deleting the coin.

Then three weeks later, reintroduce SAB permanently, but never sell the coin ever again.

takes a drink

Ayrilana.1396

you see it’s a really bad practice to say “you will be able to use our product sometime in the abstract future and that’s why we’re not handing out refunds”. If they said “in a year” people would be like “oh, okay”, however when they say “it’s not a priority”, then I’m sorry, but how long till you release existing content back? 6 years? 8 years?

If they’re not willing to give a date then they should be willing to give a refund.

It was an item for content that had limited availability with no set release schedule. It was quite obvious back then. If you chose to ignore that then it’s not really Anet at blame here. They provided an item that gave infinite lives in SAB. Everyone that bought it made use of it during World 2’s release. Anet plans to release the next world in the future so it’ll be used again.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It’s like SAB initially was a beta test and the Inf. Continue Coin was us buying the worlds longest preorder. :s

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

It was an item for content that had limited availability with no set release schedule. It was quite obvious back then. If you chose to ignore that then it’s not really Anet at blame here. They provided an item that gave infinite lives in SAB. Everyone that bought it made use of it during World 2’s release. Anet plans to release the next world in the future so it’ll be used again.

Ok , but still we need more trasparency about sab from anet. I don’t want to know the date of release , but at least the season… and the year….

Ayrilana.1396

Ok , but still we need more trasparency about sab from anet. I don’t want to know the date of release , but at least the season… and the year….

They could provide more transparency if they wished but it’s not required of them.

Capitol City.4856

Obviously it wasn’t “quite obvious” back then or people wouldn’t be complaining about it now. Nor would they be complaining about the lack of SAB in the first place, and they wouldn’t have been surprised that it wasn’t here by April 1st 2015. My question was already answered, it’s a bad answer, but answered nonetheless. The debate now is whether that should remain the answer.

Manuhell.2759

SAB was released two times in less than six months during the first 15 months since the launch of the game. If anything, it was “quite obvious” at the time to expect constant releases, especially after they put an item such as the ICC on the gem store.

And it is useless that you keep repeating that they plan to release the next world in the future. Words are just that, words. Until they become something more than that, they’re completely and utterly useless. Words won’t make that coin work. A release will. Maybe along with the hobosacks’ removal, since us engineers have been waiting for them for more than a year as well. Again, something that they were supposedly looking upon and that never saw the light of a release.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Not that I actually expect anyone to address this, but anytime the developers don’t follow through with something they’ve said will or will not happen, people are reminded that developers are apparently not supposed to be accountable for what they say. Is this an exception to that mindset?

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: jmt.8517

jmt.8517

I want a refund as well, I have put in numerous tickets in game for a refund, with no response what so ever.

Capitol City.4856

I want a refund as well, I have put in numerous tickets in game for a refund, with no response what so ever.

Well if you saw the answer I marked for this Q&A, unfortunately refunds are officially and most likely 100% out of the question :/ if we want value out of our coin, we’re just going to have wait… like we have for the past two years.

Ayrilana.1396

Obviously it wasn’t “quite obvious” back then or people wouldn’t be complaining about it now. Nor would they be complaining about the lack of SAB in the first place, and they wouldn’t have been surprised that it wasn’t here by April 1st 2015. My question was already answered, it’s a bad answer, but answered nonetheless. The debate now is whether that should remain the answer.

People made an impulsive purchase without thinking things through and are now upset about it. I knew full well that there was no release schedule and that any release would be available for at most a month. They’re focusing on the expansion which is much more important than a side project such as SAB.

Ayrilana.1396

SAB was released two times in less than six months during the first 15 months since the launch of the game. If anything, it was “quite obvious” at the time to expect constant releases, especially after they put an item such as the ICC on the gem store.

And it is useless that you keep repeating that they plan to release the next world in the future. Words are just that, words. Until they become something more than that, they’re completely and utterly useless. Words won’t make that coin work. A release will. Maybe along with the hobosacks’ removal, since us engineers have been waiting for them for more than a year as well. Again, something that they were supposedly looking upon and that never saw the light of a release.

Two instances is not a trend. They also likely started on the expansion early 2014 so the people that did SAB were pulled to focus on that. They said that they will release it so they will. You may not like that their current focus is on the expansion but that’s how it is.

Ayrilana.1396

Not that I actually expect anyone to address this, but anytime the developers don’t follow through with something they’ve said will or will not happen, people are reminded that developers are apparently not supposed to be accountable for what they say. Is this an exception to that mindset?

When have they not followed through with SAB? Have they ever release a schedule? I don’t remember them saying when we’d get world 3. Any dates or timeframes were entirely player created. It wasn’t until relevantly that we saw that post on the other forums that confirmed that the SAB team were currently working on the expansion and would not be able to work on SAB until after the expansion is released. No other dates were given.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Capitol City.4856

Two instances is not a trend. They also likely started on the expansion early 2014 so the people that did SAB were pulled to focus on that. They said that they will release it so they will. You may not like that their current focus is on the expansion but that’s how it is.

Yeah, we know that’s how it is, that’s why people are complaining :P that’s not a good way for things to be “how they are”. I appreciate your zealous defense for Anet right now, but as you can see a lot of people think they screwed up here with the whole SAB thing. A lot of people. Just go look over there at that forum thread about SAB.

Ayrilana.1396

Yeah, we know that’s how it is, that’s why people are complaining :P that’s not a good way for things to be “how they are”. I appreciate your zealous defense for Anet right now, but as you can see a lot of people think they screwed up here with the whole SAB thing. A lot of people. Just go look over there at that forum thread about SAB.

People are just upset because they made an impulsive purchase for that coin without thinking first. They would have realized that Anet had no set release schedule. The content also has only been available for a month at most with no indication that it would ever become permanent. And yes, I did buy a coin.

The team is working on the expansion and they shouldn’t be pulled from that, and delay it, just so they can develop and release the next world of SAB.

Guhracie.3419

When have they not followed through with SAB? Have they ever release a schedule? I don’t remember them saying when we’d get world 3. Any dates or timeframes were entirely player created. It wasn’t until relevantly that we saw that post on the other forums that confirmed that the SAB team were currently working on the expansion and would not be able to work on SAB until after the expansion is released. No other dates were given.

I’m saying that anytime developers say anything about the game and people are unhappy when it doesn’t happen, the go-to response is that people are unreasonable for treating statements by developers as a “promise.” But now, suddenly, because they’ve said that SAB will be back, it means it absolutely will be back? You can’t have it both ways. You can’t say, “This is why developers don’t tell the players anything- because players expect them to mean what they say!” in one breath, and then in the next say, “But they said this content will be coming back, so calm down and trust them.”

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

Ayrilana.1396

I’m saying that anytime developers say anything about the game and people are unhappy when it doesn’t happen, the go-to response is that people are unreasonable for treating statements by developers as a “promise.” But now, suddenly, because they’ve said that SAB will be back, it means it absolutely will be back? You can’t have it both ways. You can’t say, “This is why developers don’t tell the players anything- because players expect them to mean what they say!” in one breath, and then in the next say, “But they said this content will be coming back, so calm down and trust them.”

Where has it been stated that what Anet says shouldn’t be a promise? I’ve seen this mentioned in a few other threads and never understood where it originated.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

This is a classic case of Caveat Emptor. It stinks for the people that bought these coins because SAB content really did seem like a priority. ArenaNet however has clearly stated with their actions that not only do thy not care that you spent that money, but creating content for items they sold in the gem shop is not a priority. The only way you can speak to them is with your actions in not purchasing anything with real money til SAB comes back.

You speaking with your wallet is all they will understand.

Period.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Actually companies often do provide refunds for customers desiring them. That is beside the point though. This is not a situation where a customer has randomly decided that they no longer desire a product and so are asking for a refund. This is a situation where a service has been paid for but is not being provided.

“We might (Anet has established that, “absolutely,” and, “will,” mean, “possibly,” or, perhaps,“) provide the service at some undefined point in the future,” is not an ethical justification for refusing refunds on a paid service that has not been provided for a periid measured in years.

(edited by Ashen.2907)

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

Where has it been stated that what Anet says shouldn’t be a promise? I’ve seen this mentioned in a few other threads and never understood where it originated.

Started with numerous designs they talked about a little while after GW2’s launch that then never came to fruition. The argument came that we shouldn’t take what they said as promises, because plans change down the line. The big one as I recall was precursor crafting/treasure hunt/whatever it was called back then (although some variation of it seems to finally be on its way). Anet seemed to have made a bit of a deal then that the plans do change as priorities emerge, so things that were said then may not be as accurate later on.

People apply that same view that Anet and their supporters gave to that “promise”, or at least plan, and it fits quite snugly into SAB as it is at the moment.

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I would like a refund on my coin too.

Its like buying a car and the dealership says “You can only drive it for 2 weeks, then we lock it away for 3 years”.

If cars cost $7.50 USD, your analogy would be spot on….quit exaggerating your “investment”.

How many times did you use it? Figure out your cost per use so far and then rewrite your complaint using real monetary value.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

It isn’t a great amount of money to most. Perhaps it can be to the teenagers who play and spent pocket money on it.

If it was the cost of a car there would be a lot more outrage, but ultimately its still money spent that is, for the most part wasted, and people are unsure when, if ever it will be useable again. Its still money down the drain no matter how much money that is.

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

Guhracie.3419

Here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here …… Shall I go on?

-Mike O’Brien

Capitol City.4856

That is an argument you do NOT want to start, Ayrilana, that’s been a bitter complaint against Anet for a while now XD their feedback/promises/lack of info is infamously bad.

Ayrilana.1396

That is an argument you do NOT want to start, Ayrilana, that’s been a bitter complaint against Anet for a while now XD their feedback/promises/lack of info is infamously bad.

How many of that have they said will not return or happen? Precursor crafting got pushed back and then eventually added in with masteries. They also will not give out specific dates, not likely do any of those looking ahead blogs, because people will just accuse them of lying when plans get pushed back or altered.

They were accused of lying about them adding precursor scavenger hunts and now we’re getting them. Did they really lie?

People are saying that they’re lying about bringing SAB back. When they eventually do, would Anet still have been lying?

There’s a difference between them having something on the works as being a goal to eventually implement compared to something finite as “we’ll never release this”. People want more communication and transparency but all that it will lead to is more threads like this and the countless precursor crafting ones since 2014.

i do wonder what exactly they have lied about. They said they will implement precursor crafting and they are with the expansion. They said they will bring back SAB after the expansion and there’s no reason to say that they won’t.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

i do wonder what exactly they have lied about. They said they will implement precursor crafting and they are with the expansion. They said they will bring back SAB after the expansion and there’s no reason to say that they won’t.

They promised fractal leaderboards, did fractal level reset and never delivered or talked about it since. Oh and don’t forget fractal gear box that drops only at level 51+ with fractal 50 being the cap. And i am sure you can find more if you start digging.

Ayrilana.1396

They promised fractal leaderboards, did fractal level reset and never delivered or talked about it since. Oh and don’t forget fractal gear box that drops only at level 51+ with fractal 50 being the cap. And i am sure you can find more if you start digging.

And when they have added fractal 51+, would they still be lying? They haven’t stated that it won’t go higher and the mastery system makes you wonder what they could do with fractals.

The leaderboards I can give as they have not made any statements in regards to its expectancy. But the again, how important is it really compared to the other things people have accused them of lying about?

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Is this thread going to get merged or what?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Ayrilana.1396

Is this thread going to get merged or what?

Hopefully. I’d say it’s run it’s course anyway.