Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

700 gems for one slot, are they mad?

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Shared Inventory Slot Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Is it actually a single item slot? Or do they mean you get an additional shared bag, just worded it weirdly? I really hope it’s the latter, as the former would be… well, near useless.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I assumed it was a bag, otherwise yes I’d agree it would be pointless for 700 gems

Posted by: kankanKk.2748

kankanKk.2748

it is 360 slot if you have personal bank, the price is skyrocket now.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

700 per slot is too high , 400~500 would be more reasonable.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

(edited by Belzebu.3912)

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Well, item description strongly makes it sound like it’s a single slot per purchase.
Guess my money’s safe for now, had high hopes I could finally share all my food between characters

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Is it really only one slot per 700??

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Randulf.7614

If it is as suggested, just 1 slot for 1 item only, a full 5 slots would be almos the same price as HoT.

Surely that can’t be right?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

If you buy 5 at once it is 2800 gems, so buy 4 get one free? It is just one item per slot.

Attachments:

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Really Anet? 700 gems per slot? Would pay 700 for 5 shared slots easily but this? nty not worth it.

Posted by: Mikko.2684

Mikko.2684

It is only one slot… that is so stupid so overpriced for one slot.. rip my gems

Posted by: alwinp.2791

alwinp.2791

rediculous money scheme

At the same time we’re still stuck with 3 month old precursors for a backpiece that is already available in the game.

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Greed at it’s finest. Hella overpriced.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Really Anet? 700 gems per slot? Would pay 700 for 5 shared slots easily but this? nty not worth it.

I was about to cuz I read it wrong and thought it was five and double checked~ then no tables in my home survived flipping…

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Kraljevo.2801

I was about to cuz I read it wrong and thought it was five and double checked~ then no tables in my home survived flipping…

RIP tables

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Buy three, buy the endless pickaxe/axe/sickle and swap each character’s standard junk gathering tools out for it when you need to. This is arguably far less exciting than I first though, but it’s something. I think I might have enough gems laying around to get at least one slot and a gathering tool.

Posted by: Deaths Sensei.5317

Deaths Sensei.5317

can we get a list of what qualifies as a “non-bag item”.
and… one slot is a kick in the face, this would of been amazing for things such as salvage-o-mattic, multiple keys needed for the new HoT map chests, etc. at 700gems for one i probably won’t even get any, but i’m curious to what classifies as a non-bag item

Posted by: Silverwing.8750

Silverwing.8750

It is equivalent to 1 slot per character, so if you have 10 characters I guess it is like having 10 slots, all with the same item in the slot…..

It makes things like the home portal stone work similarly to an account wide upgrade!

Posted by: hennrick.4623

hennrick.4623

Personally i think that the idea itself is great – it’ s the first time i see something like this on an MMo and it could be incredibly useful. The price itself for me would be fine, considering that the item inserted there, if it is not a consumable, is practically multiplied for every character ( think about an endless gat6hering tools that you can share with every character ) so the price is somehow justified.

However, what i dislike the most is that this slot is most useful for stuff that you have already paid in gems for, like the aforementioned endless gathering tools, musical instruments, toys and every other non consumable activable item. So basically getting this is dependant on what you have already before, and for this reason i would have liked a lower price.

Not going to complain about marketing choices here, that’s always a spiky argument. It will just mean that i will wait a discount.

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

^This

I would like some clarification if it is indeed 1 single slot in a bag, or 1 single bag slot (up to 20 slots). Because 700 gems for 1 single slot, is a complete ripoff!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Put in Terrace or Airship pass. Maybe a coin driven salvage kit.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

So it’s one slot that it used among all the chars. I know I will be slowly changing out all my bags for shared ones so that I don’t have to worry about who has what. All my chars will soon now be carrying the same bags and items.

Donari.5237

The salvage-o-matics go in it too, as do BL salvage kits and consumable stacks. Crowbars, exalted keys, etc. 5 slots is not enough.

Donari.5237

^This

I would like some clarification if it is indeed 1 single slot in a bag, or 1 single bag slot (up to 20 slots). Because 700 gems for 1 single slot, is a complete ripoff!

See my post with image above. It is one item slot, not a bag slot. It even says in the Gem Store description that it won’t hold bags.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

^This

From the above post it looks like a single slot for 700 gems:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Shared-Inventory-slots-1/first#post5914355

NovaanVerdiano.6174

It indeed is one slot for 700 gems, some people I know bought them and told me about it.

Posted by: Hawken son of Z.1367

Hawken son of Z.1367

to bad this doesnt work “well” with gathering tools. not worth the money to me atm. mostly due to that

Posted by: Lyenyo.2891

Lyenyo.2891

Sorry Anet, I’m a loyal customer who has spent 100s on the gem store but this is too much. Are you kidding me? maybe 700 for 5 slots but ONE?

I’m scared that this addition reflects the state of the game, desperate to grab as much cash now while the ship sinks.

Randulf.7614

So it’s one slot that it used among all the chars. I know I will be slowly changing out all my bags for shared ones so that I don’t have to worry about who has what. All my chars will soon now be carrying the same bags and items.

I believe that is not how it works. You get 1 single slot independent of bags, for 1 item to share between all characters on an account. You can’t use it for bags.

Posted by: Silverwing.8750

Silverwing.8750

If you buy 5 they are 560 gems per slot.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I really hate to say this, but this is the money gouging at its finest. This is an extremely low thing to do and shows again the true face.

Considering how bombarded players are by inventory junk by design, this is a tasteless thing to do.

They better up these to like 20 shared slots each. Not kidding either. Or 1 shared bag slot for each purchased

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Juurekas.8310

Juurekas.8310

If someone would like to share ogre pet whistles etc, foods, sharpening stones, salvage-o-matic, airship pass, repair canisters etc, all the crowbars and other misc items that are randomly but often needed when exploring… How are 5 slots going to be enough?
I might even want to carry around a quaggan tonic or a box of fun. For fun!
As a player with lots of alts, I’d rather buy 20-slot shared bag for 1000-2000 gems, not this. This implementation doesn’t really save enough space, money, or time to be worth it.

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

Well, it’s 100 gems less than the Copper-Fed-Salvage-o-Matic which is probably the item I would like to share among all my alts first. But, why at the top?

Naturally I keep the stuff I want to keep at the bottom of my inventory, because loot goes into bags in descending order.

Depending on the number of alts (and CFSoM) one has, it might still be worth it.

Posted by: Auruan.2837

Auruan.2837

That’s €35,- for just 5 shared slots.

A feature people who have Account bound items (gathering tools, ascended items, legendaries etc.) basically begged for, for quite a while now. More expensive than purchasing yet another account on the side. And I’m not lazy enough. I’ll just run to the bank, between characters.

I want to love it, but it’s too expensive for me. Aaagh!

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

If you buy 5 they are 560 gems per slot.

even at 400 gems per single slot it would be ridiculous tbh.
Would be a bit less ridiculous if so, but still ridiculous.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

By my understanding soulbound items are “non-bag” items.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

For people confused what this is:
you get an extra slot on all your characters. You basically put something like the copper salv-o-matic in it, and now instead of logging on and off to move that item between characters, you don’t have to. All your characters have instant access to it from their own inventories

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I fainted.

I will get so much use out of my permanent contracts now.

Ormergerd…

And I was sitting on more than enough gems to buy all 5 of them too. Oh happy day.

Edit: and now that I bought them… can we please, please, please have them in a different spot? I play with bags hidden so I have one huge inventory, and they’d look so much better beneath all the 20 slot bags where they would form their own little row of 5 beneath all my regular rows of 10.

(edited by Manasa Devi.7958)

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

A guild member bought 1 and put there Copper Fed Salvage O Matic in there.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s a convenience item to hold convenience items for people who play alts all the time. It’s not even useful for salvage tools without moving them to and from the gathering tool slots.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Yea, i was wtf-ed too, 700 gems for one slot and max 5 slots.
There is a lot of shared items like keys, food, etc.

Too little slots and too expensive.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Kraljevo.2801

Same story with the extractor. Incredibly useful item but overpriced as hell.

If they made it 300 or 350 per slot and allow 10 slots, it would sell like hotcakes, believe me.

They could make so much more money.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Gonna grab a couple of these for my Salvage kits on both my accounts. Glory be the heavens!! =D

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I will definitely be buying these.

But only with gold > gems (which means as and when I have enough gold and the gem exchange calms down). They are definitely not worth £30 for 5 slots.

If it was 10 slots sure, for one thing that would be enough to share a set of armor, or to keep a few toys in there along with gathering tools, consumables etc.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I bought the set of 5 and put my permanent bank access, copper fed, and 3 permanent harvesting tools in it. Now each of my chars has access to my bank no matter where they are, a copper fed salvage kit of their very own and (If I remember to switch out the tools) they have a set of permanent tools.

I thought it was well worth it for a convenience item and only wished to have another one for my Royal Terrace pass. I never thought we could get this much, certainly not a whole set of 20.

Ty ANet.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

I’ll be buying one, I only have two salvage-o-matics for 10 alts. A nice QoL improvement.

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Would have snatched one up in a second for a copper fed if I hadn’t bought so many already. Just feels like a kick in the teeth now.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I really hate to say this, but this 700 gems for 1 singular shared slot is completely unacceptable. I’m sorry.

Considering how bombarded players are by inventory junk by your own design, all the weapons and armor and plethora of things we have to lug around… this IS a completely tasteless thing to do.

I suggest upping these to like 20 shared slots each or 1 shared bag slot for each one purchased.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I would like to see more slots eventually so a full set of account bound armor as well as a few account bound weapons that can be stashed for use between characters. I am thrilled that I can now share my salvage-o-matic, mystic salvage kit and black lion salvage kit, repair cannister and tp to a friend with all my avies.

Like the salvage-o-matic some screamed was so expensive and this is also about the convenience of what you want to use it for. If you feel it is too expensive or you have no use for it then your decision is pretty easy.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

At first, I thought this was one of the greatest QoL additions ever.

Then, as I misunderstood, I thought you would have to pay 700 gems for 5 slots, for a total of 25 after math for 2800 gems. A bit too costly, but still worth it.

But it turns out that 700 gems = 1 slot.

1 slot.

Hahahahaha.

Why, Anet?