Shared Inventory Slot Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: skarxa.7964

skarxa.7964

right now if you want to buy 700 gems for 1 slot it costs 152 golds according to gw2spidy http://www.gw2spidy.com/gem (100 gems cost 21g 72s right now). 2800 gems would be 608 gems

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I would love to share some 10-ish items, including all map keys (which makes 6), copper-o-matic and possibly some utility stuff, like krytan torch, boosters, etc.

But the greed is real. It’s more important, for Anet’s marketing team, to suck out money from a small and rich minority than to satisfy a much larger playerbase who, together, would probably give as much money, if not more, than a smaller set of players.

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

I might be in the minority, but I am happy that they introduced these. Of course I would have preferred a bag slot so I could get 20, but I can live with what they have provided. And since I converted gold to gems to buy items on sale in March, I just used some of those to buy these since I don’t have to buy another set of unlimited tools. While I have bought a few duplicates of unlimited use items, the number that I don’t have to buy in the future just went to zero, while also saving me time I used to spend hoping in to WvW to switch out items.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I have no idea if this will work or not but if I had duplicates of anything like the Royal Terrace Pass or the infinite salvage kits I would definitely contact Support to ask for a refund now they’re redundant.

They’ve done similar things in the past – refunding duplicate gathering tools when they became account bound and refunding gem store skins/outfits when the wardrobe was added. So it seems like a reasonable expectation to me.

But like I said I don’t know if it would work.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Taboria.3071

Taboria.3071

If I buy a 5 pack for cheaper, can I distribute it between 2 accounts?
3 for one, 2 for the other.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

You have to laugh really. They sell multiples of items to the players, because we have no shared bags, then they introduce shared bags (very expensive ones mind you) and that makes all those other items completely useless.

GG ANet.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’m seriously considering one for my watchwork mining pick. After that for 700 gems a pop I can probably resist getting any more.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Fourleafclov.2160

Fourleafclov.2160

while yes the cost of this is high, the shared slots are what people wanted

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

700gems I would MAYBE pay for 15 slots.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Lots of peeps now have useless duplicate salvage and harvesting tools.

I’m in the same case there & that’s really bothersome.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Then I guess you won’t be getting them.

But make no mistake this market is driven by the folks that do, not the folks that don’t.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I find it quite useful for my Royal Terrace Pass. Sure, it would be great if it was less expensive, but considering all the potential sales that will be lost by players no longer buying items for each character, I can understand the price.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s anything in your inventory that’s not soulbound. I bought 5 and put my copper fed, permanent bank access and 3 permanent harvesting tools in them. They are now shared across all my chars. Even my chars harvesting flax way out in the middle of nowhere have all of these items now.

o_O 3500 gems. Poof.
I want your money. ;_;

Though, I might get one or two to put the salvage kit in there. It’d help a lot with keeping my inventory clear of kits, and that’s 2+ bag spaces per character. I just wish it wasn’t 700 gems each.

Actually, it’s discounted if you buy the set of 5. It’s 2800 for 5 slots (560 gems each).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Pittcrew.6592

Pittcrew.6592

I would love to share some 10-ish items, including all map keys (which makes 6), copper-o-matic and possibly some utility stuff, like krytan torch, boosters, etc.

But the greed is real. It’s more important, for Anet’s marketing team, to suck out money from a small and rich minority than to satisfy a much larger playerbase who, together, would probably give as much money, if not more, than a smaller set of players.

The issue that they have is that they have made some super exclusive/valuable items that people only want to have to get one of, and in order to give us a lot of shared inventory space, they would need to make exceptions to these items, which would just be complicated. I would like it if they added like a 20-bag slot for equipment, crafting stuff, keys, loot bags, consumables, etc. and keep these 5-10 individual purchased slots for the super valuable stuff like infinite-use items.

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

I really have no idea why people think this is overpriced. Sure, it could be a little cheaper, but compared to having to buy any item from the gem store for even 2, let alone 5+ characters is going to be made WAY cheaper with just 1 of these slots. You can store a Infinite-use bank, harvesting tools, salvage-o-matics, legendaries, etc. All worth at least 700 gems, if not far more. These shared slots aren’t meant to store everything you own. I would prefer they add additional slots exclusively for equipment, in sets of 6 or so, for the same price, but other than that, I think it’s reasonable, plus it’s very modular, they can add more slots as time goes on. But remember that because this isn’t for just anything, and it’s intended for super valuable stuff, it doesn’t (and shouldn’t) be super cheap. If they made a whole bag slot for 700 gems, that would be less than 40 gems for 1 slot, 1 slot that could hold something like a permanent infinite-use bank item which prior to this you would need 1 per character. This addition will potentially take a lot of other sales from ANet, so appreciate it for what it does, and not what it isn’t.

For a set of them it cost more than HoT. So either Arenanet is saying Hot content is lacking so much its worth less than a some inventory slots or someone made a mistake and these slots are way overpriced. Its like a car costing $40,000 and the floor mats costing $50,000.

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

I have multiple CFSoM and 2 sets of unlimited harvesting tools on my NA account.

Recently, I created a F2P EU account to see, how limited it feels and after a short while I’ve upgraded it to HoT mainly due to the TP restrictions. I should have known myself better and should have bought Deluxe in the first place, since now teh EU account has additional bank tabs (naturally bought 1 day before discount), a main char with additional bag slots, 3 permanent harvesting tools and a CFSoM.

I’ve spent a lot more on gems than I’ve spent on the actual game.
But that’s fine, because I have a job and I can afford to “invest” some real money into my hobby.

What worries me a bit is, how much quality of life difference there is by now between a normal account and an account I’m used to and enjoy playing on.

I will probably buy the full set of shared inventory slots on both accounts, but it comes with a bit of a bad taste.

Posted by: Mikko.2684

Mikko.2684

Why wouldn’t it be bag slot. Imagine what you could do if it was a bag slot and you could put 20 slot bag in it. Change ascended armour/weapons in a flash, having that legendary weapon at hand anytime, any character. All the foods keys infinite tools and salvage-o-matics. Possibilitys are endless, and they ruined it by implementing such a poor system with a bit of missleading description.

Posted by: MrMouser.6583

MrMouser.6583

Ty ANet for this its amazing, but can we get 20 slots ?

My Art Portfolio http://mariusbota.com/

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

Great item! Use it for my Royal Terrace pass, but I can imagine more useful items to share. Yes, too bad for those who already bought duplicate items for different chr’s. But that’s the same witch discounts and e.g. other mining picks when the watchwork came out. Sometimes you’r Lucky with purchases and sometimes not.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

It’s only 560 gems per slot if you buy 5. That’s actually not too bad especially if you were planning on buying multiple unlimited gathering tools or Royal Terrace/Captain Airship passes.

Unfortunately I already have multiples of all those things, wish there was a way to trade them in for gems now that they are unnecessary T_T

I suspect a lot of folk have duplicate unlimited gathering tools and/or salvage-o-matics. I would love to be able to trade the duplicates in for either gems I can spend on other things or be able to trade them at their value with a vendor for other items of a like value.

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

lol, if I would spend that much gems, I’d rather expand my Bank. I have never had any problems swapping items using my bank. 700 gems per slot…hilarious.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

If they made this a 20 slot bag that cost 1000 gems it would be a good deal and I bet the majority of people would get one. At current the current price no thanks.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

papry — why don’t you submit a ticket and talk to Customer Support about your question? They will examine the request and the individual elements involved and do their best to assist you. Thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Psilo.2485

Psilo.2485

Here is the deal… the shared inv slots are amazing, Very much needed BUT my issue with this is all the ppl who have payed money for more than 1 Copper fed Salvage O matic or more than one royal pass and ect… lots of ppl upset over the fact that they had spent so much on more than one of those items. I think there should be some sort of refund for those players

Psilo
Illusions Of The Abyss [DARK] GM

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

You have to laugh really. They sell multiples of items to the players, because we have no shared bags, then they introduce shared bags (very expensive ones mind you) and that makes all those other items completely useless.

What bothers me is that actually they are :
– less costly to me than the duplicate recyclomatic & infinite tool I bought.
– More pratical as i possess an permanent bank access.

So that change is massive to me & actually really negate the need of duplicate gem item that I own currently.

papry — why don’t you submit a ticket and talk to Customer Support about your question? They will examine the request and the individual elements involved and do their best to assist you. Thanks.

As I said I did but considering the amount of gems I invested…..my pinky fear a negative answer.

I only ask for a gem return for the item.
But considering I have 5 character with the infinite tool & recyclomatic that’s at least 2900 (3*700 +800) per character (if I consider that some are before the account wide infinite recolt change).
For 4, that’s at least 11 200 gems, so I have my doubt there.

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

They really could have shined with an offer like 1k gems for one additional SHARED bag. But no, it’s one slot for 700. I get it, it’s convenience but still…

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: MrMouser.6583

MrMouser.6583

No one forces you to buy these you know ?

Here is the deal… the shared inv slots are amazing, Very much needed BUT my issue with this is all the ppl who have payed money for more than 1 Copper fed Salvage O matic or more than one royal pass and ect… lots of ppl upset over the fact that they had spent so much on more than one of those items. I think there should be some sort of refund for those players

My Art Portfolio http://mariusbota.com/

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

700 gems so I can get the use of an 800-gem copper-fed on all my characters? That is cheaper than I expected.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Bought it because the description made it sound like it was a slot for a bag that would be shared between your account, like existing inventory slots available for purchase. Until the very last word of the description, which I unfortunately missed. Not saying it’s not my fault but I’ll be getting a refund, as this is a complete ripoff at 700 gems anyway, anybody who says otherwise is either incredibly stupid or overly privileged with their funds.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Enayra.7153

Enayra.7153

As I can see, I’m not the only one to feel cheated on that new item. I feel like Anet take is customer (because since we bought more than the game we aren’t just player) for total idiot.
As many said 700gems for 1 slot is way too expensive. I understand that it’s account wide and over all it saves money…but 500 would have been better. A bag slot expansion is 400 gems for a single character. 300 difference because it is account wide doesn’t seems right to me. Very few people have all 9 classes and even fewer have more character than that.

A lot of people bought more than one salvage copper-o-matic, royal terrace, home portal and such. Even as they were willing to buy them at the time (for convenience purpose) how could they have possibly known that they could eventually share those item? It have never been seen in any other game before (at least the popular one)! I’m luckily not one of those person…but I hope there would be some kind of way to exchange those extra item for something else now… (Just like the soulbound gathering tools for account bound one).

I think that the price would not be such a problem if at least they would permit an equivalent exchange for the extra item. People would be happy and Anet would keep his money.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Thanks anet.

11 happy chars

Attachments:

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Then don’t buy it.

Me, I don’t see the need for it. I do see the usefulness of it (keep a salvage o matic for everyone to share, or maybe a costume brawl item or some other gizmo-class item that you like using a lot, maybe an endless tonic)…. but I think it’s kind of silly.

So I’m not buying it, for that reason. You can choose not to for its cost (which I agree is kind of high; 500-600 would have been my estimation of its value). But I can definitely see others getting it.

It’s definitely a QoL convenience, plain and simple. Many are willing to pay for such things. Others do not. Still others pick and choose their perks, weighing cost and utility.

20 shared slots though? Definitely very much overboard. I really don’t see it topping 10 even in the long run. As for the price…. Anet may tweak it if it doesn’t sell, but I don’t think that’s going to happen. It’ll sell.

It’s a rip off plain and simple and a very very very poor decision.

Sorry, but you are trying to defend gouging of players, and that’s just as bad as this account slot rip off.

Sorry, but you are trying to attack the price for a convenience item that many of us have been waiting for. 700 gems allows me to gain the use of an 800-gem copper-fed salvage-o-matic on all my characters.

I can also share a portal stone, giving access to Royal Terrace or Heirship etc.

It, of course, doesn’t resolve the issue for the huge numbers of keys and isn’t super-convenient for gathering tools. I expect those problems to be addressed using something like the wallet, which is free.

tl;dr don’t buy it if you think it’s a terrible deal. I’m probably going to get all five.

Posted by: Deaths Sensei.5317

Deaths Sensei.5317

700 gems so I can get the use of an 800-gem copper-fed on all my characters? That is cheaper than I expected.

i can already do this (and will continue to do so) by tossing it in the bank with the other ~10 items i share across chars.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I can’t believe I bought 9 permanent bank license.

Thanks Anet!

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

A picture is worth a thousand words. Or maybe more. Thank you Donari for sharing the very informative screen shot, even including the tool-tip that says “Vendors and the Trading Post will ignore items in this slot”
It also shows that they’re treated like a (separate) bag, and don’t require sacrificing regular inventory slots. And that they have a clear border differentiating them from other slots, etc…
The screen shot tells it much better:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Shared-Inventory-slots-1/5914355

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The issue that they have is that they have made some super exclusive/valuable items that people only want to have to get one of, and in order to give us a lot of shared inventory space, they would need to make exceptions to these items, which would just be complicated. I would like it if they added like a 20-bag slot for equipment, crafting stuff, keys, loot bags, consumables, etc. and keep these 5-10 individual purchased slots for the super valuable stuff like infinite-use items.

And that is the biggest problem.

This feature is balanced around super exclusive/ valuable items, like permanent bank tabs. For all other players that would love to get some shared slots to put half a dozen of keys, this is not for them.

In other words, anet’s implementation of shared slots is elitist and is not properly fine-tuned to all those that want it.

A possible solution would be to have different slot tiers. Tier 1 slots would be relatively cheap (say, ~50/ 100 gems for each) and then players could spend more gems to upgrade those slots to be able to put in super-expensive stuff.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

My wishlist would be as follows:

Allow CF and SF SoM to be traded in for their full gem price when buying shared slots

Allow permanent harvesting tools to be traded in for half of their gem price
(I will properly keep mine, because they are different and I like them all…)

Allow the 3 equipment slots for harvesting tools to be mapped to shared slots on a per character basis
(This will allow a different set of tools to be equipped on my main with the set mapped on the alts shown as ordinary shared items)

Increase the maximum number of shared slots to 10.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

… and does not include any unlimited harvesting tools
which can’t be shared using these slots anyway

You can put permanent harvesting tools in there. When you click on them they’ll swap out with any nonpermanent tools that char has and put those in that slot, so you do need to keep one set of non permanent tools on each char and remember to click on the tools in the shared slots to put them in there when you’re done with that char, but they will go in there.

Maybe it’s not “tidy” but clicking on 3 items is faster than 2 loading screens for WvW/The Mists and running to the bank.

I probably should have said shared directly or something.

I think you might be asking a bit too much for inventory slots and harvesting tools slots to somehow be the same. It’s probably not as easy as you think to tell an inventory slot that it’s also a harvesting tools slot and that harvesting can be used from there without clicking on the item (everything else needs to be manually clicked on to work) without causing all sorts of bugs. (I wonder what would happen if someone has a set of tools in their harvesting slots and in the inventory/harvesting slots. That sounds like a bug waiting to happen).

I would think that a cross account harvesting set would need to be in the harvesting tools section of the UI and would be sold separately.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

Great idea, but incredibly overpriced. Also, you can use consumables directly from the slot itself, which works well when paired with the copper-fed kit.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I think pricing is the key point here. Been reading some posts that mention if it was a little less, they would have been fine with it. I just think the person who was to determine the price of the item just had their head up their kitten . Noxious gas effects the brain and all.

I, too, see the use of this item, but I wouldn’t buy it. For a 1 slot account-wide convenient item, I would have loved to see the feedback and reaction if this item were initially priced at 300, 400, or even 500. One can only speculate now. x)

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

Unfortunately, the trade-in for the salvage-o-matics won’t work as the price on those things varied over time.

Posted by: cadmiumgreen.8712

cadmiumgreen.8712

I was thinking this sort of thing would be awfully awesome for items like the Royal Pass, a favorite costume, and special gathering tools. But for 700 gems each?

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

no.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I think pricing is the key point here. Been reading some posts that mention if it was a little less, they would have been fine with it. I just think the person who was to determine the price of the item just had their head up their kitten . Noxious gas effects the brain and all.

I, too, see the use of this item, but I wouldn’t buy it. For a 1 slot account-wide convenient item, I would have loved to see the feedback and reaction if this item were initially priced at 300, 400, or even 500. One can only speculate now. x)

well, the customer always want cheaper item. I’m not sure what to say here.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Good things to place in the slot:

• salvage-o-matics
  • Portal Stones, e.g. Royal Pass, Heirship Pass, Home Portal, city scrolls
  • Gathering tools, such as Frostbitten Tool boxes or everlasting tools.

So-so uses:

• Keys, such as machetes — 5 slots is barely enough for Magus Falls, never mind the game
  • Collection scavenger items (e.g. things that need to be charged or brought to an NPC) — 5 slots isn’t enough
  • Consumables
  • Alt armor sets: 5 slots is really not enough
  • Alt weapons: maybe an ascended with Superior Sigil of the Night or other speciality sigil, but again: 5 slots doesn’t cover it well.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

It’s only worth of it if you have a permanent bank access (or something similar).

Posted by: Pittcrew.6592

Pittcrew.6592

There should be tiers of slots, one for casual and one for hardcore

I think the reason the price is so high for these slots is because there are a number of incredibly powerful/valuable items that ANet wants to limit unlimited access to. So I suggest having 2 types of Shared Inventory slots: Gold and Silver, or something with similar naming.

Gold slots can hold ANY items, including these super-powerful items such as Trade-o-matics, Infinite-use Harvesting Tools, and Infinite-use Gem-store consumables. I would like there to eventually be 10 of these slots, but 5 is fine for now.

Silver slots can hold any items, except the super-powerful items listed above. Perhaps give a descriptive list of what can and cannot be stored in the slot in the description in the Gem Store, as well as on the slots themselves on hover-over. Silver slots could be used for equipment (including Legendaries, which in my opinion, is only acceptable now that with Gen. 2 ones we can only ever get 1 of each), loot bags, keys, junk items, crafting items, event items consumables, vanity items, etc. I would say sell 20-40 of these slots, for ~50 Gems each slot. Discounted to ~225/5 and ~400/10.

I think this would ultimately satisfy both sides of the debate here: people who want them for very valuable items and are willing to pay a lot for them, and people who want them for things that are simply tedious but not super valuable or profit-losing for ANet, like map keys.

Would be nice to be able to “ghost” equip an item in shared inventory, so multiple characters can use it at once
As a side note, I would LOVE it if it was possible to equip “ghost” versions of items in your Shared Slots, as a secondary use. This would let you use the same Legendaries/equipment, and/or Tools on multiple characters without having the unequip and reequip them constantly. It also could be used to let you equip 2 1H legendaries at the same time. I personally have never understood why a 1H legendary is equally as expensive as a 2H when to get the same stat capabilities, you need 2 1H’s. This could let you use the same 1H twice. Wouldn’t affect Twice Told Legend, and would make the title even more exclusive.

(edited by Pittcrew.6592)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

For a set of them it cost more than HoT. So either Arenanet is saying Hot content is lacking so much its worth less than a some inventory slots or someone made a mistake and these slots are way overpriced. Its like a car costing $40,000 and the floor mats costing $50,000.

Actually it is $35.00 for the 2800 gems you need to buy 5 slots at once; I know, because that is what I just spent. HoT’s base cost is $50.00, with $75 and $100 options.

So while there are certainly solid arguments as to the slots being overpriced, “cost more than HoT” is not one of them.

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Hey Gaile,

As I’m in a similar situation regarding multiple purchases of items, I would like to try customer support as well.

However, when I browse through the options for creating a support ticket, I only see the option to get game/gem purchases refunded. However, what players like the OP or me are looking for is getting gems refunded.

There was a similar issue with the introduction of the wardrobe and back then some GM posted instructions on what exactly has to be selected when creating the support ticket. Unfortunately, I cannot find that old post anymore.

Any pointers on what options to best pick in order to get this right? Thank you

Illconceived Was Na.9781

1) Previous GEM buyers usually buy more than 1 of a “unlimited use” item, such as a gathering tool or toy or pass. Which now is being able to be shared. The GEMS used to buy more than one “unlimited use” items has now been a waste of GEMS purchase.

Let’s find out what their refund policy is first, before claiming there’s an issue.

4) I am sorry for those and including myself for falling for their scheme to milk us. No way they will fix this. At least not for a LONG time, if ever.

For me, 700 gems is cheap so I can get the use of an 800-gem convenience item on all my characters…even if I had only 5 total toons.

Posted by: Knaifhogg.5964

Knaifhogg.5964

My only problem with this item is that it ruins the 8×20 grid I had with ‘hide bags’ on. I will use ‘show bags’ that covers my entire screen until they improve the UI.