Shared Inventory Slot Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

As for refunds: if you’ve had these account-bound items for ages, we won’t be doing refunds because you’ve already derived substantial benefit. If, however, you bought them more recently, we’re doing refunds on a case-by-case basis.

Thank you for sharing this info. Unfortunately, it kind of sealed the deal for me to not get one of the new slots, but I hope others enjoy it.

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

It’s worth it on people who’re smarter.

Put permanent bank access, permanent TP access, Permanent copper salvage kit, Permanent Mystic forge conduit, and Permanent Merchant access, and you’d never need to visit any city on any of your toons anymore.

To utilize it in a single slot, just bring Permanent Bank, and put the other 4 in inventory.

Single slot is alot. You just have to think it smart before you cry.

Nobody is arguing that they aren’t QoL items. The problem is the price. A set of these cost more than the expansion. Does a set of these really bring more to the table than the expansion to warrant these prices. And if so please explain how/why.

Edited. Looks like buying them all at once only cost $35 bucks which is a kitteneaper than the expansion. It still is overpriced IMO though.

(edited by Lobo Dela Noche.5127)

Posted by: LimitBreaker.4165

LimitBreaker.4165

Meh, most of the new items coming out always has entitled people QQing over how “overpriced” everything is. Reminder that gems can be earned via ingame gold, you dont HAVE to spend real money and buying it is like buying stuff like copper salvage kit its not needed but its just there as a QoL thing.

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

As for refunds: if you’ve had these account-bound items for ages, we won’t be doing refunds because you’ve already derived substantial benefit. If, however, you bought them more recently, we’re doing refunds on a case-by-case basis.

Thx for your answer & time, I understand your point of view.
But I had the permanent bank access before any of the unlimited tool & recyclomatic.
If the shared slot account have existed before, I would have no use for these at all from the beginning so I have mixed feeling on that.

A shared slot with a permanent bank access litteraly multiply that slot utility by 360.

I don’t think that this decision seems reasonnable.

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I have 9 permanent bank license. 8 of them become useless now.

8 * 3000 = 24000 gold. I want those money reimbursed. Thank you.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

…snip

This seems kinda sketchy to me. If I work full time, and bought the item in question 2 years ago but only used it a few times, does it not warrant a rebate?

On the flip side I am a no-lifer and bought the item 2 months ago but used it multiple thousands of times I will get a rebate?

Unless you are running some internal numbers on <uses of item> it doesn’t seem fair.

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

I would have paid 1000 gems for one shared inventory bag. I will not spend 700 gems on one slot.

^^^This^^^
Paying per slot is just silly unless they were like 100 gems per slot. 700 gems per slot is anet being greedy.

Posted by: Deaths Sensei.5317

Deaths Sensei.5317

Now… just add a Permanent Bank Access to the gem store that we can purchase and these become useful.

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Meh, most of the new items coming out always has entitled people QQing over how “overpriced” everything is. Reminder that gems can be earned via ingame gold, you dont HAVE to spend real money and buying it is like buying stuff like copper salvage kit its not needed but its just there as a QoL thing.

I’m going to repeat this for everyone white knitting this with out a good reason.

Nobody is arguing that they aren’t QoL items. The problem is the price. A set of these cost more than the expansion. Does a set of these really bring more to the table than the expansion to warrant these prices. And if so please explain how/why.

Edited. Looks like buying them all at once only cost $35 bucks which is a kitteneaper than the expansion. It still is overpriced IMO though.

(edited by Lobo Dela Noche.5127)

Posted by: arukAdo.2047

arukAdo.2047

Could we get something less vague than “ages”, like in months maybe, obviously we didnt spawned all our recycler at the same time but over the years, some clarification on how far the refund will go would be nice.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

…snip

This seems kinda sketchy to me. If I work full time, and bought the item in question 2 years ago but only used it a few times, does it not warrant a rebate?

On the flip side I am a no-lifer and bought the item 2 months ago but used it multiple thousands of times I will get a rebate?

Unless you are running some internal numbers on <uses of item> it doesn’t seem fair.

“derived substantial benefit” is somewhat subjective. Will they go through account logs and check how much each one was used? Then refund the less used ones, but not the lots used ones?

On my main I use it all the time – on my alts, not so much lol.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I would have paid 1000 gems for one shared inventory bag. I will not spend 700 gems on one slot.

^^^This^^^
Paying per slot is just silly unless they were like 100 gems per slot. 700 gems per slot is anet being greedy.

I would have paid that too.

Great way to start the New Year devs…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Ghostwind.4380

Ghostwind.4380

Yeah, unfortunately I have to agree I think this is a bit extreme. Only 1 shared slot for that many gems?

I am already annoyed at the model mechanic that bag slots are only per character. Everything in the game is designed to punish players like me that don’t just have one character but love to play multiple characters with multiple builds and play styles. We already get punished by being forced to buy additional character slots, buy additional bag slots per each character, not having armor that is shareable between characters, etc. The shared slot is only beneficial to us folks, not the ones that play only one character forever. And yet we, the ones that are already help pay Anet’s bills are the ones that get gouged even more.

I could see buying 5 slots for the current gem price they charge for 1, but this model is painful to see.

Posted by: mojodamm.6854

mojodamm.6854

So, it seems the main problem seems to be the price. Do you all jump on the forums of other consumer products and rant and rave about the convenience products they produce that you can’t afford also? If you don’t want to purchase it at the price it’s offered at, wait for a sale, or buy the already discounted 5-pack. If you want it but can’t afford it, make it a goal and work towards it.

Seriously though, ANet is going to LOSE money on these slots; no more multiple sets of eternal-thingamajigs being purchased from the market, and I think this convenience item is a great way in deflecting some of that cost. Do I wish it was a little cheaper? Of course; as a consumer I wish EVERYTHING I personally wanted was a little cheaper. But ANet has access to the numbers and we don’t, and there are a lot of people who are looking at this in a simply “what works for ME” mindset. That’s not how consumerism works.

Excelsior!

Posted by: SirHenry.7165

SirHenry.7165

As someone who keeps all of his items at the bottom of his inventory, and sorts the new items as they come in from the top, I would like to see an option to move the Shared Inventory Slot. At the very least an option to toggle between the top and the bottom.

Thanks.

papry.8096

The shared slot utility used with the permanent bank access is litterally a 360 multiplier.

For long time time owner of the item, the time limitation doesn’t seems right as I wouldn’t have brought duplicate item with both.

I’m literally stuck with the double now as all i have to do is :
Open inventory, double click on permanent access bank, take the infinite recolt tool & use them.
When before I had to switch character go to a bank access & log in any other map.

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: Aragorn.5462

Aragorn.5462

I have to say this is disappointing. In the past you (ANET) have refunded us for substantial changes like the shared inventory slots. As others have said my main toon has benefited a lot from these gem store purchases more than any of my alt toons. I don’t see the harm in refunding us gems that we’ll still spend in the gem store. This makes several items obsolete and would not seem like a bad idea to refund the duplicates that we posses. It’s not like we want a cash refund.

As others have also stated it would be nice to have more specific details on what the cutoffs are, unless we’ll get those in individual e-mails.

In summary, please reconsider and do something nice for those who have helped fund the game through the gem store and allow us to get other items in place of obsolete duplicated items that don’t serve a function anymore in light of this addition.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I completely agree with this request.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Co-signed.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I appreciate the response, but respectfully contend that I don’t think this is an appropriate stance for customer support to take. When infinite gathering tools became account bound, players were able to get complete refunds for the extras that they did not need any longer regardless of time purchased. Additionally, when the wardrobe went live players were able to get complete refunds for any town clothes previously purchased regardless of time purchased. This situation is no different. Players’ gem store items become obsolete with the acquisition of this new functionality, and their permanent items that are no longer useful should be refunded regardless of time purchased. Seriously, with an account bound bag slot the best course of action regarding extra items like Salvage-o-Matics is to destroy them. That feels horrible and should not be something you guys proliferate.

Please reconsider your stance.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I bought the set of 5 and put my permanent bank access, copper fed, and 3 permanent harvesting tools in it. Now each of my chars has access to my bank no matter where they are, a copper fed salvage kit of their very own and (If I remember to switch out the tools) they have a set of permanent tools.

I thought it was well worth it for a convenience item and only wished to have another one for my Royal Terrace pass. I never thought we could get this much, certainly not a whole set of 20.

Ty ANet.

Do the gathering tools work from there or do you need to move them into their slots first?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

MashMash.1645

I appreciate the response, but respectfully contend that I don’t think this is an appropriate stance for customer support to take. When infinite gathering tools became account bound, players were able to get complete refunds for the extras that they did not need any longer regardless of time purchased. Additionally, when the wardrobe went live players were able to get complete refunds for any town clothes previously purchased regardless of time purchased. This situation is no different. Players’ gem store items become obsolete with the acquisition of this new functionality, and their permanent items that are no longer useful should be refunded regardless of time purchased. Seriously, with an account bound bag slot the best course of action regarding extra items like Salvage-o-Matics is to destroy them. That feels horrible and should not be something you guys proliferate.

Yep.

Posted by: Havelock Ventari.5481

Havelock Ventari.5481

I am really disappointed whit this. I bought a lot of copies of Copper-Fed and Silver-Fed so I don’t have to shift them across alts.

Now there’s no longer a need to shift them, but I won’t get a refund (I already received an answer from Customer Support). So now there will be 10 Salvage-o-Matics sitting unused in my Bank.

To be honest: I’m kittened.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I bought the set of 5 and put my permanent bank access, copper fed, and 3 permanent harvesting tools in it. Now each of my chars has access to my bank no matter where they are, a copper fed salvage kit of their very own and (If I remember to switch out the tools) they have a set of permanent tools.

I thought it was well worth it for a convenience item and only wished to have another one for my Royal Terrace pass. I never thought we could get this much, certainly not a whole set of 20.

Ty ANet.

Do the gathering tools work from there or do you need to move them into their slots first?

They need to be moved into the tool slots. A double click does it.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

papry.8096

Well said.

Attachments:

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Now… just add a Permanent Bank Access to the gem store that we can purchase and these become useful.

They should, and I have no idea why they don’t. I have one and it’s one of most useful, valuable items I have. Combine it with a cross account char inventory slot, and it’s hands down the most useful item in the game as it allows you to pull up your bank and access all the items in it. Imo it’s more useful than copper fed salvage kit or gemstore harvesting tools as it lets you get to salvage kits or tools stored in your bank, or any black lion merchants if you need to use one to buy or sell more things.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Alicornus.7095

Alicornus.7095

When I first read about shared slots, I was excited about it. When I saw that ArenaNet actually charges 700 gems for one single inventory slot, my excitement went from 100% to null. 700 for a shared bag? Not exactly a steal, but with a 20 slot bag in it, it would be decent and I would have use for it. But 700 for a shared slot? No, no, no, no, no.

Posted by: Char.4209

Char.4209

Well, that’s bad news for me. I have 11 Copper feds and bought 8 on the first day and at least 2 recently.
Let’s talk about the “benefit”. Sure, I had the benefit of those tools for a long time, but they were bought with the intention of having this benefit till I quit playing. But from now on there won’t be any benefit on 10/11 of this tools anymore.
Think of the rework of the commander Tag. People with more than 3 Tags got a refund, too even if they had the benefit of it before the change.

There is absolutely nothing to do with them anymore. They just occupy space, but I don’t delete them because they are worth 10€ each. i cannot even send them to guildies who would need them.

btw. I have all 3 tools on 11 characters, too. But I want to keep them because I want the convenience of not having to change them, when relogging.

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

Priced fine for me. Far superior to owning duplicates of the Salvage-o-Matic, Royal Terrace Pass, Permanent Bank Access, etc. If having expensive items available to all of your characters at any time isn’t worth 700 gems a slot (560 gems if you buy all 5 together), then don’t buy Shared Inventory Slots. They’re fine the way they are.

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

Posted by: zalirelbonecrusher.2357

zalirelbonecrusher.2357

How about they just give us back the Permanent Bank Access Golem that was stolen from us and converted to a 2 week joke item.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Ty ANet.

They must be equipped to a character first. It is likely easiest to have 3 generic tools in those slots and then to remember to double-click each of them to equip/unequip the set before logout/adventuring on a character that is/was using them.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Dumat.1479

Dumat.1479

I agree with this. I want to say that I like this new shared inventory slots, I am totally ok with its price, I am ready to buy more than 5, but what should i do with now useless 6 extra copper-fed salvage-o-matic and 1 extra silver-fed salvage-o-matic?

Posted by: JPUlisses.8756

JPUlisses.8756

And to people that did only buy only 1 so they could benefit more from these? They should get a prize for being smart? it is not fair for the smart to always refund the dumb.

MashMash.1645

When I first read about shared slots, I was excited about it. When I saw that ArenaNet actually charges 700 gems for one single inventory slot, my excitement went from 100% to null. 700 for a shared bag? Not exactly a steal, but with a 20 slot bag in it, it would be decent and I would have use for it. But 700 for a shared slot? No, no, no, no, no.

Until I read it’s description, that’s what I thought it was – a shared slot for putting bags in. Like a 20 slot one or whatever. BUT ONE SINGLE SLOT??!?! #KeepDreamingAnet

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

This can share a place next to the upgrade extractor.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Zurchin.8479

Zurchin.8479

hahahaha what a ripoff, but after waiting for months for the trailblazer stats to get fixed in the mystic toilet I no longer fund this game with real money anyway so I wont be buying any of these.

Zee Bear Claw [GLAD]
Aurora Glade

Posted by: Miliko.5480

Miliko.5480

Thanks anet.

11 happy chars

God bless America.

Attachments:

Posted by: serena.6879

serena.6879

I have to add that I cannot imagine the customer support nightmare it would be to distinguish between kits that you’ve had “for ages” versus those that you “bought more recently,” and to do so fairly & objectively. Wouldn’t it be easier, not to mention better received by the community, to simply refund all of the duplicative items which are now arguably useless with the introduction of the shared slots? Just my two cents.

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

I like it when ArenaNet creates new things, new items, new designs without reforging, new special effects and new properties. I like this new item.

What I do not like is people not being able to see something different here. If players want bag slots, they can buy Bag Slot Expansion (400 gems); if they want to transfer those legendary items much faster (without going to bank), they can buy Shared Inventory Slot (slot, not bag, 700 gems).

If you do not understand something, simply search info about it (official news, official wiki, videos, screenshots, etc.)

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Posted by: Kim.4152

Kim.4152

Very hard to understand the lack of consistency regarding refunds. Multiples of infinite gathering tools were refunded, as were town clothes. Now they’re saying no refunds for duplicates of terrace passes, salvaging tools, etc. Makes no sense.

papry.8096

Very hard to understand the lack of consistency regarding refunds. Multiples of infinite gathering tools were refunded, as were town clothes. Now they’re saying no refunds for duplicates of terrace passes, salvaging tools, etc. Makes no sense.

Well I’m also baffled by their inconsistency, plus I didn’t ask for the first refund of gathering tool as my problem was the loading time when switching.

Now with these shared slot as I had a permanent bank access for very long : all I have to do is pop the bank & swap the tool.
No loading involved; so the double are useless to me.

As I also own the permanent merchant, I can also buy spare tools anywhere & on every toon.

The duplicate mining tool & even the infinite tool (aside from the watchwork pick) really doesn’t make sense now. :/

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: NeroBoron.7285

NeroBoron.7285

Are you serious? One kitten slot for a single item?

It should not a single item slot, it should be a bag slot!!!
People usually have different kind of stuff for what such a shared inventory would be needed. For me who plays mostly wvw I would store blueprint’s in them. So how many different kinds are there currently? About six? Also with a superior and a guild version. Uff already need 18 slots.. And there are wvw traps as well. Oh wait I need even more room for shared bufffood. Currently I only carry about 4-6 different food + 2 utility items but many characters use the same. And not to mention pve players often also have slayer potions. Which would also be great in such a shared inventory. Not to mention there will be enough other stuff to fit in there easily. Like those copper-o-mate, music instruments, some tonics.
I would easily fill 50 shared inventory slots with items that would be sense full to share!
And you give us 5? For a price of 700 gems each? 2800 gems for 5? About 35€ and I can’t even nearly carry all wvw blueprints. That is nealy as expensive than the extension HoT.

Wow… that greediness is hilarious.

10-20 shared slots for 800 gems would be fair and usefull. But a single shared slot without permanent bank access. Not really.

(edited by NeroBoron.7285)

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

Feedback

Cost:
700 games per single slot? Way overpriced. I can buy a bank tab or 2 bag slots for around that price… 700 is only worthwhile in combination with a Permanent Bank Access. But for the other 99.9% of the GW2 population, that’s a significant amount of money for such limited convenience.

Cut that price in half at the very least.

Number of Slots:
Only 5? Far too few. So I would have to pick between Copper-Fed Salvage, Mystic/Silver Salvage, commonly useful sets of food/utility, MF/EXP/whatever booters, account-bound gathering tools, bank access, TP access… And that’s just to start.
How about trying to get more use from the account-bound nature of Ascended/Legendary?
HoT map currencies I mean keys?
Tonics and such?

This should have gone up to 10 slots minimum. Better 20. In fact just making it a full-on “shared bag” slot would have been the simplest and most expected thing from a player point of view.

Differing Pricing:
1 for 700gem or 5 for 2800gem, so 1/560gem. With the overall high cost, this is borderline abusive in my opinion. A player shouldn’t just add one or two and then consider more later otherwise they’ll have spent more money overall when that later comes. This really pushes to commit completely at the start. Thus it punishes “I’ll try one and then buy more later if I like it” and so it’s really not in the buyer’s best interest. It’s in the sellers interest – trying to provoke people to dive in for the full $35, even if they didn’t really want to.

This isn’t like consumables where buy-in-bulk can make sense. It’s an account upgrade, like bags and bank slots.
Just give us straight pricing per quantity.

Conclusion:
Despite wanting shared inventory, I’m rather underwhelmed by this offering. If it had been like 700 or 1000 gems for a shared 20-slot, I would be purchasing ASAP. As it stands I’m going to stick with how I’ve been managing cross-character inventory issues for the past three years.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

i like the idea very much:
10 slots would be better ( maybe 2 slots for 700 gems )

-Mawdrey II
-Princess
-Star of Gratitude
-Herta
-Permanent Black Lion Merchant Contract
-Permanent Trading Post
-Permanent Bank Access
-Permanent HairStyle
-?
-
?

I agree it’s overpriced, but still is a good feature.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

We’ve coalescing feedback, comments, and questions about the new Shared Inventory Slots, as released in today’s game update. This will allow the team to better review your input and to answer questions, as well.

Apologies if the merging causes some comment reordering, but this really is more helpful and efficient than having multiple, concurrent discussions on the same topic. For instance, a few threads ask about gem refunds related to in-game items that were purchased for individual accounts and which now can be shared. With this thread, we all can view dev and player comments about the situation.

Thanks for understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: wildmanviper.4351

wildmanviper.4351

Raise the price, allow us to put a bag in the slot and put our seige and traps and tricks into it. Call it a WVW account wide slot bag that allows us to keep those rams, catapults, trebuchets, ballistas, golems, shield generators, stealth traps, supply traps, etc. Not just 10 slots but enough for regular and superior seige and traps.

You can even make it so only wvw inventory items will be put into it. 5 slot max is kinda limiting and Im guessing that you havent thought about the wvw players again.

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

I think they’re overpriced and too limited for a simple convenience. I would definitely buy them if they were something like 1000 gems for 5 slots, with a maximum of 10.

MashMash.1645

I think they’re overpriced and too limited for a simple convenience. I would definitely buy them if they were something like 1000 gems for 5 slots, with a maximum of 10.

I would love to sit down and ask a million questions of the person / people that decide these prices in the gemstore. It’s all over the place. They get some stuff spot on, and yet on other items they just leave you wondering if they were on drugs or something lol. It’s very strange.

Still, I see the same issue in other games, so it’s not unique to ANet.

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

1 slot for a copper matic thing for 700 gems seems fair compared to having to buy multiple. the fact that you would have to equip and unequip mining tools though anyway makes it not worth it for me though, I’ll just use normal ones when/if I harvest on my alts.

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Really you can select anything on the ticket form and your ticket will get to the right person eventually. In this case, I would suggest “In-game Issue” and then “Trading Post/Gem Store problem.”

Thank you for the instructions and clarifications, GM Awesomeness, I will try to raise a ticket as by your instructions.

That said, I also share other posters point of view that time of purchase should not matter for this. I will leave it at quoting Rising Dusks post because he already summed up nicely how I feel about the matter:

Very much agreed.