Shared Inventory Slot Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aragorn.5462

Aragorn.5462

I thought this was an amazing deal, I couldn’t wait to buy the gems to purchase them. I thought we’d get to exchange/refund the previous purchased tools (like in the past) but then I came to the forums and found out that ANET is not doing that.

Wow, I went immediately from very happy to very sad.

This just doesn’t sit well with me. I’ve always thought their Customer Service was great, they’ve always treated me well. Their current response has stained that perception and I don’t like that.

I’d really like to see the top notch Customer Service I know and love return.

This, exactly this!

Posted by: Bekkr.6192

Bekkr.6192

These inventory slots are great. Price seems reasonable for the convenience they offer. Good stuff.

The problem with the youth of today is that one is no longer part of it.
-Salvador Dali

Posted by: wildmanviper.4351

wildmanviper.4351

this is why superman is a genius and should be hired as a consultant.

LOL

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

I bought two more royal terrace passes in december, will be able to refund them and I will be putting that towards the new inventory slots, not my ideal solution, (I have much more than those two passes) but acceptable. Feel bad for those who have even more than i do for a longer period of time.

Yeah, tell me about it… I feel quite defeated at the moment. I wish I had made notes on when I purchased my last “set” so that I could make one last attempt but what stings the most is that there seems to be some inconsistency in how these are being handled.

But hey, here is for an expensive waste of bank space :’(

Attachments:

Posted by: SlateSloan.3654

SlateSloan.3654

i dont need these slots at all.
i can always bring 2 characters to a bank and put items in the bank and fetch them with the other character. the price is for me nothing else than profiteering. (price way higher than the goods i get in return), unfortunately thats the case “as usual with arenanet these days”

i dont understand why arenanet destroys the positive mood community had when reading about the plans for 2016 with such cheap money grasp yet once again.

if that behaviour is what you guys at arenanet learned in US business psychology universities than please exchange leadership within the company urgently.

nutella on twitch , there goes our lifetime and money

i would think that a feature like character wide inventory would be one small part of a 50 dollar expansion /addon. though i think that there are other features which would make more sense at all like character wide crafting profession unlock and character wide recipe learning. like “do it with once character and unlock it all for your other characters as well.”

sorry but i wont take part in that dirty “pay for comfort” mmo business model anymore.

“we develope something with the label game but design it just with minor functions in a way that our players will buy more comfort later and be thankful for that. we as company act as if we never designed a game before and as if computer games just arrived on planet earth yesterday”

i await more of a company in a business area which has decades of experience now.

let me entertain you

(edited by SlateSloan.3654)

Posted by: MTTomlinson.4795

MTTomlinson.4795

I am not sure, as others are in the thread about the refund policy. However, as someone has bought gems every week to support a game I like and still do I will now rethink my buying gems because if they had these before hand I would not need the multiple tools or the salvage kits I spent my real life money on. I honestly feel like I got screwed over on this deal and be more careful in the future.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Well for one thing if you have max bag slots 160 + the 5 shared and bags hidden then you can have your bags set to a 15 × 11 grid, I have no idea if this was a consideration or just lucky, but I’m happy its 5 right now, I also think that in the future they will prob add more anyway, Anet has a history of doing that, think bank tabs. If they did add another 5 in the future that would make a 17 × 10 grid which would also be nice, just thinking out loud here.

(edited by Vavume.8065)

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I am not sure, as others are in the thread about the refund policy. However, as someone has bought gems every week to support a game I like and still do I will now rethink my buying gems because if they had these before hand I would not need the multiple tools or the salvage kits I spent my real life money on. I honestly feel like I got screwed over on this deal and be more careful in the future.

At this point I would rather they just scrap the gold <> gems model myself. If there is so much gold in the economy that they need to create such a huge sink, It would be better for the overall health of the game to just kill the exchange IMO.

And if this isn’t just another sink, could you please stop screwing over your veteran customers and replace the guy in charge of this garbage; thanks!

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

I stop buying gem as Anet doesn’t seem to have any consistency in customer service.
The Qol for the slot is amazing but I will just use my duplicate & keep pestering the support.

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

I was anticipating something like this one day so I luckily only have 1 set of stuff (perma bank/bl/merch/forge/salv kit) others I can swap with bank because now all characters access it always. I must say this is very worth it, at least to me. Woo for the ultimate convenience of never again stepping into cities!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Why stop at 6? How about making it an account bag slot for 20 slot bagz. :P

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Skywing.4836

Skywing.4836

Just throwing in my experience. Customer service won’t refund me. I was about to buy more gems to support these new items. I guess it is not happening.

Kronos.2560

The secret is get a permanent bank contract, put it in the box and now your ENTIRE bank is now accessible anywhere by all characters. Yep..

Posted by: Daniel.4763

Daniel.4763

I can’t believe A-net expects us to spend nine bucks for one slot. I would pay $9 for a bag slot that characters across the board could access, but one spot is borderline moronic. First they trick us to spend $50 for four maps, then this. Anet better learn to provide more equitablility if they want any more of my money.

papry.8096

Just throwing in my experience. Customer service won’t refund me. I was about to buy more gems to support these new items. I guess it is not happening.

Would you mind putting the exchange there ?

Kronos.2560

The trick is get 1 slot and the perma bank. That way you get your entire bank worth of slots everywhere. =)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The trick is get 1 slot and the perma bank. That way you get your entire bank worth of slots everywhere. =)

Sure, if you have the 3,000 gold or so for the infinite bank item.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Kronos.2560

Oh geeze I just looked at price ha ha, well never mind for you all then! I was under the impression it was still around 600g.

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

i dont need these slots at all.

i dont understand why arenanet destroys the positive mood community had when reading about the plans for 2016 with such cheap money grasp yet once again.

if that behaviour is what you guys at arenanet learned in US business psychology universities than please exchange leadership within the company urgently.

Exactly, my view is I’d rather be aggravated by a new game than continue this. Some way early on something changed. We never got a sequel to GW1 just a beautiful world hung on a gem store.

(edited by Zet.9130)

Posted by: laceylush.8916

laceylush.8916

Curious, any one had any luck with these sort of tickets? So far mine seems to not be very fruitful despite there being clear precedent that gem store items made either fully or partially redundant, or having their functionality changed, by game updates can be subject for refunds.

I submitted a ticket request a refund for 5 x excess Royal Terrace Passes I purchased in December 2015 but the GM advised that they will only be able to refund 2 out of the 5 passes. They explained that refunds can only be processed within 24 hours of the purchase but are willing to process this as a partial refund out of courtesy. They also advised that refunds cannot be processed in full due to the massive recent influx of refund requests and the impact it would have on the currency and market system.

Hope they can at least provide you with a partial refund.

Adding my comments to this thread. An extra bag slot is only 400 gems (which can potentially expand your character’s inventory by up to 20 inventory slots), so I can understand why people are complaining that 700 gems for an individual (albeit superior version) account-wide inventory slot is overpriced in comparison. However, paying an extra 700 gems to effectively unlock an expensive item such as Royal Terrace Pass (1000 gems) or Copper Salvage-O-Matic (800 gems) across all characters is not considered overpriced. So it’s really a matter of what items people are using the Shared Inventory Slots for.

The biggest issue I have with the Shared Inventory Slot the limit of 5 per account. Why 5 individual slots instead of the usual unlocking an entire bag (of up to 20 slots)? The Shared Inventory Slot was a great idea but this limit doesn’t allow players to use it to its fullest potential. For example, a WvWer may require more than 5 slots to store all his / her blueprints, siege disablers, etc; a dungeon runner would require more than 5 slots to store all his / her potions; plus you need more than 5 slots to store all the map-specific keys such as Bandit Skeleton Keys, Exhalted Keys, Vials of Chak Acid, etc

[Azure] ~ Darkhaven

(edited by laceylush.8916)

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

As for refunds: if you’ve had these account-bound items for ages, we won’t be doing refunds because you’ve already derived substantial benefit. If, however, you bought them more recently, we’re doing refunds on a case-by-case basis.

I got a surprising definition of “ages” from Customer Support – or should I rather say Customer Repellent?

Some Other GM

As the previous GM said, we are not able to refund your items because you bought them years ago. We are able to give refunds if the item was purchased within 24 hours. Sometimes a little later depending on the case. I Know you do not want to see this answer but we cannot grant your request for a refund.

Anet: I really hope you change your views of “customer friendlyness”. You don’t lose anything on refunding Gems. The only thing you lose is valuable customers if you don’t refund in cases like this.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. It’s not like Anet has to credit our Visa cards on this.

The Tools, well, fortunately for both Anet and us costumers, they are still usable. They will forever be of use to our accounts, though now, anyone that bought the Shared Inventory Slots technically doesn’t need them if they are able to share it with all other characters.

However… The Terrace Scrolls, Airship Passes, to those who bought the Shared slots, if they own multiples, it is now USELESS. Trash, all but one is needed to be put in a shared slot. ArenaNet, I am a devout supporter to this game, but this… to say you won’t give refunds on these items, which are now useless, then on top of it tell us to simply delete them? After my husband spent 100 dollars to get 8000 Gems to purchase them, and myself 50 dollars to have 4 scrolls… telling us we they can’t be refunded is… very shallow. I’m sorry to say.

So, we want our gems back, for something that now utterly has no purpose. Is that really so unreasonable?

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

(edited by Jaymee.1560)

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

I would enjoy having more. I have a character’ bag full of keys and other event-related items. It would be great to put them all in a shared bag, so that I wouldn’t feel like I’d better take the specific character to go on “x” map.
Also, most of my blueprints are on one character. Sharing them would be so convenient!
Food and boosters also would be nice to share.

Maybe it would be doable to have someting like “18 slots account-wide blueprint unlock”, or “20 slots consummable account-wide unlock” to avoid a price that would be too high per slot, while not making the price to low for account-wide single slots in which gemstore items (copper fed recycling, airship passes, …) can be putted?

Also, an option to “exchange” gemstore items with slots? Like, I have 3 copper-fed salvage o matix, adn would only need one, now, so it would be great to “return” a copper fed (800 gems) for a slot (700 gems). The difference would make-up for the “used” portion?

Or could the extra copper-fed get a one time option to be gifted?

(edited by Jocksy.3415)

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Give us more than 5 please, and discount it for people that have bought 5 already. These shared slots are very expensive, but since it’s a convenience feature, it fits into this f2p game. I’ve got no problems with it. Just…give us bigger discounts especially those of us that have already bought 5 of these shared slots. There are people waiting to give you more money if you allow more than 5 shared slots.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

WoW,i can not believe how many lazy people is out there.No wonder everyone complains how hard getting legendary is.

Before this sale,people willing to spend over 5 k gems to buy tons of Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic for multiple chars,just because they are lazy to use bank in pvp lobby,which teleports you back wherever you were.

Loging one char,and put 5 items in bank,and reloging on desired char,takes 20 sec.Ye,complain more,how these sales sux,and you are first to spend money on them…

Laziness is sickness.

The blatant purchase rationalization on this thread is even more sickening. 10 slots for more than the price of HoT & people who call that a ripoff are considered “sickening”? really?

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Posted by: ZanchinFissure.7981

ZanchinFissure.7981

Would be a great idea for convenience if there was a shared gathering tool slot under your toons normal ones. You could drag your tools to the shared one which would take priority over any other tools your current toon is using.

papry.8096

As for refunds: if you’ve had these account-bound items for ages, we won’t be doing refunds because you’ve already derived substantial benefit. If, however, you bought them more recently, we’re doing refunds on a case-by-case basis.

I got a surprising definition of “ages” from Customer Support – or should I rather say Customer Repellent?

Some Other GM

As the previous GM said, we are not able to refund your items because you bought them years ago. We are able to give refunds if the item was purchased within 24 hours. Sometimes a little later depending on the case. I Know you do not want to see this answer but we cannot grant your request for a refund.

Anet: I really hope you change your views of “customer friendlyness”. You don’t lose anything on refunding Gems. The only thing you lose is valuable customers if you don’t refund in cases like this.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. It’s not like Anet has to credit our Visa cards on this.

The Tools, well, fortunately for both Anet and us costumers, they are still usable. They will forever be of use to our accounts, though now, anyone that bought the Shared Inventory Slots technically doesn’t need them if they are able to share it with all other characters.

However… The Terrace Scrolls, Airship Passes, to those who bought the Shared slots, if they own multiples, it is now USELESS. Trash, all but one is needed to be put in a shared slot. ArenaNet, I am a devout supporter to this game, but this… to say you won’t give refunds on these items, which are now useless, then on top of it tell us to simply delete them? After my husband spent 100 dollars to get 8000 Gems to purchase them, and myself 50 dollars to have 4 scrolls… telling us we they can’t be refunded is… very shallow. I’m sorry to say.

So, we want our gems back, for something that now utterly has no purpose. Is that really so unreasonable?

Well if they fear an influx in gems then:
Based on how much duplicate people old unlocks the correspondant amount of shared slot;
If someone have more than 2800 gems worth of duplicate add a little amount of gems to the deal .

I would call that a great customer service.

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: dbill.7483

dbill.7483

So, the response from ANET has bothered me enough that instead of trying to get a refund for the extras tools and salvage-o-matics. I decided to request a refund for the “Shared Inventory Slots” item.

I can’t justify spending 2800 gems for the QoL improvement that make my previous purchase of almost 10,000 gems worthless.

Sorry ANET, I just can’t support this.

Tootsie Popa | level 80 Guardian/Dragonhunter
[ODIN] [roam] Tarnished Coast
“The average player believes they are better than the average player”.

papry.8096

So, the response from ANET has bothered me enough that instead of trying to get a refund for the extras tools and salvage-o-matics. I decided to request a refund for the “Shared Inventory Slots” item.

I can’t justify spending 2800 gems for the QoL improvement that make my previous purchase of almost 10,000 gems worthless.

That’s the way to go.

Attachments:

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The secret is get a permanent bank contract, put it in the box and now your ENTIRE bank is now accessible anywhere by all characters. Yep..

A 3k gold secret. Gem store is designed for whales only.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Um they just did yesterday. Buy a shared bag slot for 700 gems for each slot and then you share it with all your character.

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

That’s the way to go.

Awwww.. I’m sorry Papry… I wish they didn’t have their so-called “stances” and refusals on refunds for this… It’s a shame you couldn’t enjoy this

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s 560 gems/slot if you get the set of 5.

You can put the gemstore tools in it, and click on it to exchange with the regular tools your char is equipped with. Then do it again at the end of the play period to have the tools back there again.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Yup, just make sure you already equipped a tool so it makes it easier to swap

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: Aragorn.5462

Aragorn.5462

After having sent a couple messages back and forth they have refunded me for some of the duplications, they did not give me the criteria. Remember be polite and patient. I hope they change their minds for others as well. To my mind it should be a little more than they gave me, but it was enough I’m quite content, thank you ANET!

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

The price feels a little steep for a single slot, however I won’t complain too much about that as it is a convenience item.

What I would like is the ability to purchase more than five. When I learned these were introduced to the game, I had several things in my mind that I would like to share- Copper fed salvage, mystic salvage kit, foods and utilities, tonics and other toys, and maybe a few ascended weapons. When I thought of shared inventory slots, I envisioned something more like replacing a bag slot with a shared multi-slot bag. Five slots isn’t enough even for the multiple foods and utilities that I use across 14 characters (I realize I can buy food for all of them but it makes me feel disorganized).

Edit: Also I requested a refund for a duplicate salvage-o-matic, and so far the response was just asking me when I made the purchase… which I do not know, but offered to go through my bank and credit card history to document every single gem purchase and amount >.<

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I have 21 characters. Getting the 5 shared slot is great if you have copper fed salvage/Mystic/Silver Fed kits, portal stones, Portable Mystic Forge, etc w.e you may use across all characters. If you’re not a alt heavy person this is pretty overpriced(still a bit over priced for my taste, even though I bought them), and if you bought multiple of a gem store item like copper fed, anything over the 1st one you bought became useless. Across 21 characters and possibly more in the future it’s very useful.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

I think he means a QoL issue where you don’t have to keep thinking about equipping and unequipping from those shared bags. I agree, that would be worth the 560gems per slot id it did that.

Posted by: Gambit.8425

Gambit.8425

A bit of an OSD thing and maybe it’s been said already, but could you please put the shared inventory slots above and seperated from the normal bag slots even in “Hide bags” mode? Perhaps as another option in the bag menu? It’s awkward when loot aren’t stacking from the left edge of the bag window to right in the Fractal bags (that sort by item quality) because slots are uneven numbers now.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Probably because there are five things that you will pass around every character that aren’t restricted by builds or profession:

1. Endless mining pick
  2. Endless chopping axe
  3. Endless harvesting sickle
  4. Copper-fed Salvage-o-Matic
  5. Silver-fed Salvage-o-Matic

It’s around 500 gold to get account slots right now, if you want to get 15 slots that’ll be around 1500g, but unless you only play one profession across all your character slots you’ll probably need more like 46 slots (7 slots for each weight class, 6 for trinkets, 19 weapon types) for 4600g, so it’s cheaper just to buy one endless bank contract and one account bound slot.

(edited by Pandaman.4758)

Posted by: RunicAura.9860

RunicAura.9860

I think one slot is nice but yeah I wouldn’t have minded if they made it two or three slots per purchase ending with 10-15. But still with the ability to get items that open up your bank it is still very nice.

I would love it if like I’ve seen in a few places if they would activate a key ring like the wallet that way the “keys” are account wide like the wallet and stop taking up space or Oh dang I left that in the bank. Or on my other character.

Posted by: MTTomlinson.4795

MTTomlinson.4795

Upon more conversations with customer service, apparently my tools and kits have been used too many times and bought too long ago. I’m disappointed in this seeing as how I spent real money on it. To others I hope you all get the refunds you deserve and good luck in game.

Posted by: Zoda Slayer.4176

Zoda Slayer.4176

Got a big middle finger from support asking for compensation for my original purchases see if I buy gems again I’ll just earn everything by playing for free on their servers while they pay to keep the servers up and running.

Attachments:

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I find it hard to sympathize with people who bought multiple copies of the same convenience items.

You always had the option to bank these items and grab them with your active character, you chose not to. You made the decision that spending additional gems was worth how much effort and time it would save you by not having to do this, so your additional purchases performed exactly as you intended them to.

The introduction of account slots does not change this fact.

To put it simply: you spent the extra money to save time. Your time was saved. If you want a refund, give ANet back the time you saved.

Good luck doing that if you’re not a Time Lord.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

There will always be a segment of the player base that thinks the convenience items in the the Gem Shop (gathering tools, salvage kits, etc) aren’t worth the “price”. But it isn’t an economic decision, it’s a decision about removing any concern about running out while in game away from outposts and cities. This new convenience item eliminates the concern about, what I consider, the minor inconvenience of moving your convenience items between characters at banks.

It doesn’t have to make financial sense.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Behellagh.1468

Two X-fed salvage-o-matic and permanent pass to the Royal Terrace. Other two for future considerations. Thinking Bobblehead station and Kite for now.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Why not 20 slots? Why not 40?

I’m guessing it was a combination of database limitations, potential bugs/issues, and not wanting to release something with a potential cost of 14,000 gems. My guess: in 6 months or a year, they’ll offer the opportunity to buy 5 more.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

700Gems (124G~ or $10USD) for 1 slot that is shared is completely insane for what you get.

Think of the uses that is getting missed here by limiting it to 5 slots (Cost aside)

Full Ascended set swaping,
BL item’s, (Trader, BLTP, Repair Can,..ect)
Boosters,
BoA items between Alts for leveling,
Zone specific keys/currency,

Basically everything that we use the bank for now, that would make it a SERIOUS quality of life change to have more slots to use this with.

That being said, I vote for 20 slots. Each TP gem purchase should unlock 5 slots (Yes, at 700 Gems each, which is pretty close to Bank Tabs Unlocks and Extra Bag Slots,…so No it should NOT be more then 700gems).

THAT I would invest in right now.

But just 5 slots? No, Anet you can keep your lousy 5 freaking slots.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Behellagh.1468

It’s 5 to see how well it sells. If it sells well then in six months it’ll be expanded to 10 slots. No difference between this and bank tabs, collection expanders, crafting licenses, etc.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Im sorry but I find it funny that you guys who purchased 3x 3x 3x of the gathering tools to be expecting refunds cause of these shared slots. Entitled much?

Even after the shared slots, having unlimited gathering on multiple characters is STILL a serious QoL feature. You should be happy, and not demanding refunds for something that you purchased with the intended use just cause a new feature comes out. I mean seriously here…

You should complain about 1 slot for 700gems, when we get 20slots (1 bag slot) for 400gems, or an extra bank tab for 600 gems. The new addon does not match up with the other inventory upgrades….THAT is something to complain about here.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I went back to the Molten Alliance pick thread to have a read since this one reminded me of it. The products are apples and oranges but it was also full of “whaaaa it costs too much for what it is!!” and so on. And now people have too many of that style of thing, much of it probably from gems purchased with cash. I suspect the same thing may happen with these account wide slots.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?