This next part will sting, but it brings me joy

Sometimes to change you must destroy

A fire is rising you cannot contain

Tyria will burn, while I remain.

Slight Anet Teaser for next update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

Seems like Scarlet’s taking some dragon power into herself? Destroying what she was to become a dragon puppet..? If she’s bat kitten crazy does that mean I can destroy her with my batty greatsword?

I’M SO EXCITED.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

the speculations on this are going to be good. the first poem had a pocket watch and now a metronome. The common denominator is they both keep time and I lost where i was going with this lol. But bump anyways cause im intrigued to see what others come up with.

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

There’s a TARDIS under Tyria.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Now I played GW1 but never completed it.

Can any lore buffs tell me if there are some lieutenants, general or champions for Primodus?

Perhaps we won’t get the elder dragon himself but a minion. This may coincide with the release of another new zone and another metaevent, which was alluded to in the CDI interview.

JBDanger.2603

People on gw2 guru are speculating that it’s destroyers. If so, that’ll be extremely disappointing. If I wanted to fight destroyers, I would go to Mount Maelstrom

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

So..
I smell a jumping puzzle
something involving sylvari(again??)
Tyria being destroyed, or burned or something.
Some burning epic monster NPC dude.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Yeah, either destroyers, which seems most likely, or… whatever happened to the Titans? Remember them from the original GW?

Of course, odds are that it’s something completely different altogether.

Now, if they’re the macho destroyers from GW and not the watered-down surface destroyers we’ve seen so far, things could get interesting.

#TeamJadeQuarry

JayMack.8295

Something tells me it isn’t Primordus or Destroyers. If you take the lines literally, people of Tyria know Primordus and the Destroyers exist – it wouldn’t be a ‘secret deep below’. It also isn’t a secret to us players, either. It may be related to Primordus and the destroyers, but I don’t think they’re the ‘secret’.

cesmode.4257

I never played GW1, I dont know who primordus is…or what he is. But he sounds way more kitten and epic than a tiny sylvari. I just couldn’t get around Scarlet as a villain…but I could definately dig some sort of true epic destruction of the world.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

ANet would be nuts to come up so early with Primordus. Nope, definetely not Primordus, hes the Elder Dragon that I personally expect to be the last one of all.

Everything has begun with Primordus, so everything will also end with him being beaten last.

Nothing would fitt better to a “secret deep below”, than finishing finally the secret around the Name of the Deep Sea Dragon
I think, we will see finally the reveal of the true name of the Elder Deep Sea Dragon, which currently is still after a whopping year the only one, whose Name we don’t know, while we even already know through a Skill Name the name of one unseen Elder Dragon – Mordremoth.

Its to me kind of stupid, what a kind of nonsensical mystery Anet makes out of the Name of this Elder Dragon. It has to end in my opinion finally.
That it has somethign to do with Scarlet, is clear as the difference of black and white, because we already know, that all the next following 4 Patches will always have to do with her, so no big news…

And what will definetely change Tyria more, than the rise of the deep sea dragon getting into action, creatign everywhere huge Tidal Waves – Mega-Tsunamis, that will destroy the lands and change the shores and coasts of Tyria, where they crush into.

By the size of those elder dragons, if that one awakes, the waves that its motion will create, will surely be as big, as if an huge asteroid crushes into the sea.
Waves of several hundreds of meters of size. if somethign that size hits the coasts, everythign gets destroyed in a blink of an eye, cause the water just sweep everything away, that stands in its way.

A natural cataclysm, worthy of an elder dragon. We have seen already, what powerful Tidal Waves Tequatl can create. Those of Tequatl will be nothign against those that the Deep Sea Dragon could create.

The rising of Zhaitan and Orr created already huge Tidal Waves, that changed Tyria massively. The Mega Tsunami of the Deep Sea Dragons, its almighty fluid “Fire”, that will destroy and that you can’t contain, nor stop to destroy, while its origin will remain.

Only because Zhaitans arise came already with devastating Tidal Waves, with also the rising of Orr, doesn’t mean, that such a natural desaster can’t happen maybe one day again and much more destructive and world changing, than ever before.
Its just logical thinking, that such kind of desasters must happen, once this elder dragon becomes more active, such a huge body mass rising from the deep will absolutely create a devastating Mega Tsunami that will be at least same as powerful, than what happened when Zhaitan arose.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

VOLKON.1290

Something tells me it isn’t Primordus or Destroyers. If you take the lines literally, people of Tyria know Primordus and the Destroyers exist – it wouldn’t be a ‘secret deep below’. It also isn’t a secret to us players, either. It may be related to Primordus and the destroyers, but I don’t think they’re the ‘secret’.

Actually that’s a good point… unless it’s a case where the destroyers are lost to memory for the most part or there are new ones we haven’t seen yet.

Could be the molten alliance has a base they build under L.A. as well… but then again, we can’t forget about the “Do Not Touch” structures out their either.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

From the riddle it sounds as though she’s seen the future of Primordus slowly taking over the dephs of tyria (Wrote about primordus being forgotten underground but slowly growing several months ago) and shes preparing for an assault? She is becoming prepared while everyone else is caught off guard?

Yes Primordus has champions (The Great Destroyer was one who was defeated, delaying primordus’s awakening.)

That’s the only plausible thing I can think of. She is going to take the world for herself since she’s prepared and everyone else is not.

Vol.7601

Maybe the jungle dragon?! ;o

VOLKON.1290

Nothing would fitt better to a “secret deep below”, than finishing finally the secret around the Name of the Deep Sea Dragon
I think, we will see finally the reveal of the true name of the Elder Deep Sea Dragon, which currently is still after a whopping year the only one, whose Name we don’t know,…

Oh please. It’s Bubbles. Everyone knows that.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

There’s a TARDIS under Tyria.

Chronomancer confirmed!
;)

Gunnar’s Hold

cesmode.4257

Its deathwing!!

VOLKON.1290

Its deathwing!!

They wouldn’t waste our time with a little dragon like that.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

But when you look at where the destroyers first starting appearing (GW1 era in the dephs of the northern shiverpeaks) and where you can find them in GW2, it’s a huge advancement, and moreso than any of the other minions. You don’t find minions of kralkatorrik in Maguuma, nor do you find Jormags minions anywhere other than the shiverpeaks.

The only other spread that was on a larger impact was the Undead, which became a direct impact.

Primordus’s minions have been primarily underground, thus unseen to the majority of races. We only know about them since we have encountered them in various parts of Tyria.

One thing is known though, and that’s they cover more ground than any other known minion. I can find them on all parts of the Tyrian Continent. It’s really interesting if you think about how far they’ve moved without much resistance.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Yeah, either destroyers, which seems most likely, or… whatever happened to the Titans? Remember them from the original GW?

Of course, odds are that it’s something completely different altogether.

Now, if they’re the macho destroyers from GW and not the watered-down surface destroyers we’ve seen so far, things could get interesting.

Good point. I’ve totally forgotten about those. Maybe Scarlet will try to harness them like the Lich did.

Sounds kinda Primordus related, but why would Scarlet have anything associated with him? (other than it being Scarlet)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I don’t think the poem is about Destroyers or Dragons at all.
Given her past history nothing is really based on the Dragons, save the Dragon Bash crashing.

She’s pulling up lava to mess with the Skritt or something, another plan that has nothing to do with Dragons and hopefully this or the next update will kill her for good.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

cesmode.4257

Its deathwing!!

How was deathwing little exactly? If Im not mistaken, just the act of him coming up from Deepholm shattered Azeroth and transformed the entire world..burning everything creating large cracks and valleys and reshaping everything. I wouldn’t dismiss the concept of deathwing as little because you may not like WoW. Now, whether or not you consider the fight itself difficult is a different story…but the concept and idea of deathwing was epic in scale and had strong ties to lore.

Arenanet could learn something from this and pull a large boss/monster out of lore instead of trying to invent one.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

@ Volkon:

Go play this please and leave me alone with this nonsense.
http://www.shooter-bubble.de/

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

JayMack.8295

But when you look at where the destroyers first starting appearing (GW1 era in the dephs of the northern shiverpeaks) and where you can find them in GW2, it’s a huge advancement, and moreso than any of the other minions. You don’t find minions of kralkatorrik in Maguuma, nor do you find Jormags minions anywhere other than the shiverpeaks.

The only other spread that was on a larger impact was the Undead, which became a direct impact.

Primordus’s minions have been primarily underground, thus unseen to the majority of races. We only know about them since we have encountered them in various parts of Tyria.

One thing is known though, and that’s they cover more ground than any other known minion. I can find them on all parts of the Tyrian Continent. It’s really interesting if you think about how far they’ve moved without much resistance.

Absolutely.

When I said ‘the people of Tyria’, I should have been more specific. Not everyone in Tyria knows about every Elder Dragon, but I’m almost certain the Pact, The Vigil, Whispers and Priory do…and player characters know about destroyers at least if they’ve gone to Maguuma. Ogden’s still around and he’s living proof of Destroyers/Primordus and he communicates with the orders. So while Primordus/Destroyers may be a secret to some Tyrians, they aren’t really a secret to the ‘important’ people of Tyria, and the poem implies it’s something no-one or very few people are aware of.

I could be wrong, and it could just be as simple as Primordus forming a massive army, or creating a champion that’s extremely powerful.

Or it could be something as crazy as Scarlet using the probes to force Earthquakes, so cracks appear across Tyria similarly to Eye of the North letting something out, and us in. All just theories and speculation!

JBDanger.2603

@ Volkon:

Go play this please and leave me alone with this nonsense.
http://www.shooter-bubble.de/

Lol, new Gw2 mini game!

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Primordus will become Scarlets puppy or Scarlet kills Primordus and absorbs his magic.

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

All hail the mighty Bubbles!

#Bubbles2014

OT: Primordus would be epic, but don’t forget the molten alliance.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

VOLKON.1290

Its deathwing!!

How was deathwing little exactly? If Im not mistaken, just the act of him coming up from Deepholm shattered Azeroth and transformed the entire world..burning everything creating large cracks and valleys and reshaping everything. I wouldn’t dismiss the concept of deathwing as little because you may not like WoW. Now, whether or not you consider the fight itself difficult is a different story…but the concept and idea of deathwing was epic in scale and had strong ties to lore.

Arenanet could learn something from this and pull a large boss/monster out of lore instead of trying to invent one.

What they don’t tell you is that the only reason Deathwing came up in the first place was because Tequatl beat him up. He was running away.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

The “thump thump” and “jump” reminds me of the shockwave mechanic from the bosses. That plus all the foreboding ~Lion’s Arch is ripe for attack with Scarlet pulling everyone to the far reaches of Tyria~ dialogue we get from Evon at the moment makes me think of earthquakes in Lion’s Arch. But maybe not?

If it’s Primordus stirring up trouble again, the secrets below could be, besides the obvious “bad guys” answer, the Asuran tunnels or an artifact inside them ala the Tomb of Blimm.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

People on gw2 guru are speculating that it’s destroyers. If so, that’ll be extremely disappointing. If I wanted to fight destroyers, I would go to Mount Maelstrom

You are aware that the Destroyers are Primordus minions right? Not just a random mob running around that needs killing, but actual minions of an Elder Dragon, and including them in an update would point quite much towards us getting closer to facing said Dragon.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

The thump thump refers o the thumpers we see everywhere… do not touch.
They are everywhere, even in Orr.
Tyria will burn may be related to fire
If you’s see the things i have seen = a msitery in the dream……

All leads to the destroyers coming back

and Scarlet is the ones who found them

Vol.7601

So Lewis B, the other guy who said that something exciting was coming up that was better than an expansion, confirmed that the CDI interview on gw2hub was not the big news.

Previously he said things were overhyped, and I can see why. For some people, having a new dragon to deal with could be seen as better than an expansion. For others, it can also be seen as a disappointment.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Hmm… well from the last line she is apparently trying to destroy the world (though that’s been pretty obvious just from her typical insane villain bit), but other than that this could be interpreted a lot of different way, the secret could be stirring up primordius or something from the asuran or even the dwarves, or it could be something completely different. But whatever it is she intends to destroy the world with it by fire.

Posted by: KeyLimPi.9031

KeyLimPi.9031

I’m not trying to insult ANET, so don’t take it that way. The amount of hype they’re putting forward is dangerous. With the amount of build up and subsequent community letdowns they’ve done, if they screw this up after promising it’ll shake Tyria to it’s very core, then there’s going to be a pretty large group that will finally give up.

I mean it’s just a theory but the hype is a double edged sword, let’s hope they don’t commit seppuku

Vol.7601

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well that does seem to point towards Promridus… still doesn’t make much sense to me…

Why would a fire dragon choose a grass person for his work? Especially since it is the jungle dragon that is occupying the dream that caused Scarlet to go crazy.

But is has been 250 years since we killed his champion and at the time we were led to believe that was the end of it. Only we as the players (out of game) knew there was a dragon stirring, the characters in game never saw the dragon, just the champion that we killed. The dwarves were fighting the destroyers and they kept them underground for 200 years and most people had forgotten by then. So it makes sense except for the Scarlet part, but no surprise there.

Morrigan.2809

Well that does seem to point towards Promridus… still doesn’t make much sense to me…

Why would a fire dragon choose a grass person for his work? Especially since it is the jungle dragon that is occupying the dream that caused Scarlet to go crazy.

The dragon in the dream in not “Mordremoth” or Jungle dragon but a shadow of Zaithan on the dream- this is stated by the Pale Tree in a later Personal Story

- also in the tutorial Caithe says it is the shadow of a terrible dragon or some such thing.

Also nowhere that I know of was implied that the plant dragon drove Scarlet crazy- rather that she went batty while trying to see/access the Eternal Alchemy.
She woke up as Scarlet Briar.

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

Check out this reddit thread, very clever man has basically figured this all out already and this new poem basically confirms his theory.

Scarlet is a Champion of Primordus

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1un4tt/scarlet_as_a_champion_of_primordus/

Morrigan.2809

Check out this reddit thread, very clever man has basically figured this all out already and this new poem basically confirms his theory.

Scarlet is a Champion of Primordus

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1un4tt/scarlet_as_a_champion_of_primordus/

He posted here yesterday too
it was moved to lore- but here is the link
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lore/Scarlet-as-a-champion-of-Primordus

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

You all seem to be forgetting one important fact: Our wacky Scarlet is batkitten insane.

This is all part of her plot to awaken the spaghetti people from deep below, and by putting little meatball hats onto the skritt, she will forge them into a mighty alliance to dethrone breakfast as the start of a good day.

She knows this is the way, because she saw it in a vision while she was working on developing those mind altering toxins she’s been using.

((Seriously, ANet. Leave the dragons out of it until Scarlet is gone. Don’t throw good lore after bad, please.))

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Dragons wake up
dragons trash planet
dragons sleep
planet repopulates
magic, magic everywhere
gets out of hand,
Dragons wake up….

I’m guessing Scarlet caught a glimpse of all the futures of Tyria in front of her, and decided she liked none of them. There are 2 doors in front of her, so she whipped out a sawzall and is making a window.

My guess is she’s trying to disrupt the flow of magic in Tyria. If she disrupts/destroys it, the dragons will not rise and the dragon-destroying cycle will be permanently broken.

I’m going to go out even further on a limb and say that she’s going to succeed, at least partially. However, I think one or more of the elder dragons will suddenly rise to stop her.

That would segue into an expansion featuring 2-3 of the elder dragons.

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

The Thumpers along the ley lines will cause a shift in time.. either future or past and this will cause great turmoil across Tyria as two time periods merge!

That’s my theory anyways

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Arenanet has a penchant for re-skinning content. I would be surprised, pleasantly, if they created new models for this next update. That being said they likely won’t. The only ones that I can think of that fit what may or may not be key words, along with the object that was sent out, would be worms. Worms populate a lot of Tyria, but mostly in the caves. While they can poison, they shoot fire a lot. I’m really hoping it’s not worms, because that would make the Dune references just too much.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

skullmount.1758

Arenanet has a penchant for re-skinning content. I would be surprised, pleasantly, if they created new models for this next update. That being said they likely won’t. The only ones that I can think of that fit what may or may not be key words, along with the object that was sent out, would be worms. Worms populate a lot of Tyria, but mostly in the caves. While they can poison, they shoot fire a lot. I’m really hoping it’s not worms, because that would make the Dune references just too much.

come on, that would really spice things up.

Darkhaven server

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

Everything has begun with Primordus, so everything will also end with him being beaten last.

There is a possibility that there is a sort of Queen dragon that layed the eggs of the elder dragons. I would think that should be the last dragon. Also I would hate to see how powerful that dragon is.

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

I’m not trying to insult ANET, so don’t take it that way. The amount of hype they’re putting forward is dangerous. With the amount of build up and subsequent community letdowns they’ve done, if they screw this up after promising it’ll shake Tyria to it’s very core, then there’s going to be a pretty large group that will finally give up.

I mean it’s just a theory but the hype is a double edged sword, let’s hope they don’t commit seppuku

They indeed need to be careful,
I for one hope they nail it this time.
Zhaitan was to big a disappointment so much so I have yet to finish any PS on any of my 7 alts.

Primordus will become Scarlets puppy or Scarlet kills Primordus and absorbs his magic.

of all the theories out there this one seems like the worse of them all, come on really !

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I think what you’ll see is these thumpers will cause fissures all over Tyria. These fissures will cause some sort of magical disturbance, possibly supercharging all the local flora and fauna. So you’ll be fighting hordes of veteran/champion goats and harpees and sunflowers.

Then you’ll have to destroy the thumpers which will be guarded by a mix of clockwork/dredge/aetherblades.

There will also be quests to destroy the dredge/clockworks that are going to repair the thumpers you destroyed previously.

All of this will be served up in standard GW2 mega-zerg fashion.

Somewhere in all this, Scarlet will begin tainting the ley line magic using the toxins she whipped up in the Nightmare tower, and you’ll have to stop that. Again, this will be served up in standard GW2 mega-zerg fashion.

For the grand finale, you’ll have to go into some instance (perhaps the Crucible of Eternity) to stop Scarlet from totally destroying magic for good. That’s where she’ll pull some whacko surprise out and stop the party cold. Then Scarlet will pull off her stunt, but instead of destroying magic, she’ll send the elder dragons into maximum overdrive. Suddenly 2, maybe 3, elder dragons surface, kill Scarlet and destroy the dungeon, then proceed to begin to tear Tyria apart.

…To be continued in Guild Wars 2: SuperCoolExpansionName (SCEN)

GW2: SCEN goods and bads

Good:
– Epic battle with 3 elder dragons
Bad:
– fights will be more on-rails than Zhaitan

Good:
– mounts!
Bad:
– all the Asura Gates are broken

Good:
– new lands, enemies and quests!
Bad:
– all horribly broken and won’t be fixed for a year. Also, existing quests will be broken too.

Good:
– old gods will return in your time of need
Bad:
– old gods have horrible AI and wander off to kill rabbits
– Also, old gods want back-pay from when they were let go

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Seems like Scarlet’s taking some dragon power into herself?

No, I assume we will learn that it was Scarlett who was behind those Elder Dragons all the time …

(sorry, couldn’t resist.)

I’M SO EXCITED.

And yeah, actually, so am I.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

skullmount.1758

There is a possibility that there is a sort of Queen dragon that layed the eggs of the elder dragons. I would think that should be the last dragon. Also I would hate to see how powerful that dragon is.

What do you think the moon is?

Darkhaven server

Posted by: Zone.1275

Zone.1275

What do you think the moon is?

Cheese.