Slight Anet Teaser for next update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Draconius.9076

Draconius.9076

the last minute in the teaser video seems to be the lions arch asura portals unpowered and broken so I think it will be an assault on Lions arch causing great damage. Can also explain the extra unpowered portals the asura have been building since the beginning of lions arch as they might replace the current capital-gateways in the long run?

Guild: Order of an Allied Tyria [OAT] ~°~ Co-leader
Server: Underworld

Posted by: Ryan.2758

Ryan.2758

And suddenly a new alliance emerged. The dragon alliance!

….. I had to….

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Whatever the new content is, I just hope it ends with Scarlet’s death never to return.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Didn’t know it was taken down.

Basically a month ago a user called ScarletBriar on reddit posted a link to it, and what it said was something along the lines of (if I recall),

“Be afraid of Dragons…Be very afraid…(laugh)”

My cynical nature will automatically assume forgery as first reaction, sorry to say.
Also even if it wasn’t a forgery and ANet did make up a line like that there’s not much in context.

We’ve heard from reddit long ago that there was a Kiel sound file that offered the alternative if she lost the election.
ANet could have made up many voice lines for Strong to do. That could have been a line for some promo video one day. It also could have been slated for use on a release dealing with Dragons. That could have also been cancelled somewhere down the line.

Once again all under the assumption it wasn’t a forgery in the first place.
Too many unknowns for this sound file to offer sufficient evidence.

What we do know is, aside from Dragon’s Bash, Scarlet’s story barely contained anything related to Dragons. Bazaar of the Four Winds at least touched upon Zephyrites who talked about Glint. All the hopes that Dragons will be tied to Scarlet are just that, hopes. Her story has no worthwhile connections to that part of the Lore.

Which is a pity, because that would at least salvage her a bit in my eyes.
However one day I could be wrong, there be Dragons because of her, and I’ll eat my hat (first I’ll get one).

This tease though? I’ll chalk it up right there with Clockwork Chaos: A nice concept, but the execution will probably fall flat in places.

If it was a forgery it was a pretty good one. What are the chances you would have a GW2 player with a voice that sounds exactly like Scarlet with professional recording software to make it sound crystal clear? It was really well made.

That being said, that ‘Obey’ kerfuffle on reddit was orchestrated by a friend of mine. Didn’t know until later and she provided proof :P

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Whatever the new content is, I just hope it ends with Scarlet’s death never to return.

The answer to all of these questions await in our four upcoming releases in 2014: and lead to one final moment that will change the face of Tyria forever.

Source: the recap

So we’re looking at four releases dealing with her and one final moment (not sure if that’s part of the four releases or a fifth release) before she is over with.

If it was a forgery it was a pretty good one. What are the chances you would have a GW2 player with a voice that sounds exactly like Scarlet with professional recording software to make it sound crystal clear? It was really well made.

The Internet takes all kinds, you have many folks trying to emulate famous voice actors.
Either for fun, a challenge, or maybe their own attempt at building a resume of sorts.
I’ve stopped trying to understand people a long time ago.

Still my original point stands. ANet has tried to make a non dragon story arc with Scarlet. If they add Dragons to her story or not will be determined in the future by them. I just find it humorous and saddening at the same time that we, the fanbase, jump at the chance of her doing something Dragon related or bigger than her own scale only to be disappointed.

Originally I thought the Krait would be the stars of the tower releases.
It would have made a fine non-Scarlet story. Sadly, I was wrong and now apparently every release dealing with a villain had to have her in it, whether it needed it or not.

That being said, that ‘Obey’ kerfuffle on reddit was orchestrated by a friend of mine. Didn’t know until later and she provided proof :P

Was that the sound bite where Kiel admits to liking having an airship to Gnashblade?
If so neat!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

(edited by Atlas.9704)

Posted by: Derfblue.1389

Derfblue.1389

And then the Fire Nation attacked!

Atlas.9704

And then the Fire Nation attacked!

Naw we can go older than that.
“Until a new enemy appeared, mysterious invaders known as The Clans.”

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Let’s put this into perspective:

Tick tock goes the clock
It’s almost time for time to stop
Something you all must understand
Your world is built on fog and sand

You’re out of time, your jig is done
It’s time for Scarlet to have her fun
She has some hard lessons to teach
To the people of Divinity’s Reach

So mark the date in permanent ink
The hour is later than you think
On the twentieth day she’ll start her games
And warm her hands over Kryta’s flames!

That was the poem which accompanied the pocket watch ArenaNet’s marketing team sent out for Clockwork Chaos.

What was the result of that? No fog, no sand and Kryta did not burn. Just a bunch of clockwork madness.

Based upon this prior history, I’m going to assume the next menace will come up from the ground and we’ll have to fight it. Tyria will not burn, no dragon is going to suddenly pop up (not right away at least), and we’ll probably have to fight more minions.

meh.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

Posted by: Zone.1275

Zone.1275

Let’s put this into perspective:

Tick tock goes the clock
It’s almost time for time to stop
Something you all must understand
Your world is built on fog and sand

You’re out of time, your jig is done
It’s time for Scarlet to have her fun
She has some hard lessons to teach
To the people of Divinity’s Reach

So mark the date in permanent ink
The hour is later than you think
On the twentieth day she’ll start her games
And warm her hands over Kryta’s flames!

That was the poem which accompanied the pocket watch ArenaNet’s marketing team sent out for Clockwork Chaos.

What was the result of that? No fog, no sand and Kryta did not burn. Just a bunch of clockwork madness.

Based upon this prior history, I’m going to assume the next menace will come up from the ground and we’ll have to fight it. Tyria will not burn, no dragon is going to suddenly pop up (not right away at least), and we’ll probably have to fight more minions.

blah. :-(

That’s too literal of an interpretation. Often poems are symbolic.

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

That’s too literal of an interpretation. Often poems are symbolic.

Oh, so it’s a symbol?

So you’re saying we’re going to have to fight this guy?

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

That being said how exactly did we kill off Zhaitan so easily? Wouldn’t he just regenerate and rise up again? It would make no sense to kill of dragons so easily now… are they stepping on their own lore now?

Some food for speculation.

Tequatl started “evolving” into a fiercer, more deadly version of itself after Zhaitan’s fall.

Also remember that whenever a champion of the elder dragons falls, a new one rises (perhaps evolves) to take its place.

Perhaps the same is true for the elder dragons themselves? When one is felled, one of its lieutenants “evolves” to replace it?

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

My theory is that Scarlet never saw the Eternal Alchemy, but was contacted by Mordremoth and turned into a Dragon Champion.

These things are what encouraged my Theory:

-Mordremoth is known to the players, but seems to be a “secret” to most people in Tyria.

-After seeing the “Eternal Alchemy” a red briar was used by Scarlet to kill Omadd. The Jungle Dragon is, apparently, plant/nature themed and Sylvari don’t seem to have the natural ability to generate random appendages from their bodies.

-Angel has stated in semi-recent Interviews that 2014 will include a good deal of Sylvari content.

Posted by: Kitrine.5913

Kitrine.5913

-Angel has stated in semi-recent Interviews that 2014 will include a good deal of Sylvari content.

:/ While I dont hate the sylvari I am super dissapointed about this. Why can’t the other races have some love/attention? Wasn’t Trahnrne and now Scarlett enough of the Sylvari show stealers?

I do really like your theory though! Bring on Mordremoth and the Magumma Wastes

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

When I think of Teq I don’t think of him as evolving as I do the devs attempting to improve the game.

Also I agree with you Kitrine, on the Sylvari.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Scarlett is sylvari, not orc?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

:/ While I dont hate the sylvari I am super dissapointed about this. Why can’t the other races have some love/attention? Wasn’t Trahnrne and now Scarlett enough of the Sylvari show stealers?

It’s what makes Guild Wars 2 different. It’s the distinctive feature of their lore. Of course they are going to want to play it up. It’s kinda their baby, if you will. They want to show it off, and tell you how adorable it is.

The difference is, we’re not family, and we really aren’t compelled by by blood to look at those baby pictures if we don’t want to.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Bring back Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quary competitive missions from GW1!!

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Oh boy, this seems to be giving me a feeling that they’re going to try to pull something like FF14: A Realm Reborn. Meaning a world shattering event that changes the world and how the people perceive it permanently.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I haven’t read the entire thread but the secret below could be dwarves and we’ll maybe see their return to Tyria. And they disappeared shortly after killing off the Great Destroyer.

And of course at the end of Eye of the North the dwarves were all set to be going after Primordus.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I kinda agree. The other races do need more attention. We still don’t have a new replacement Asura for Zojja in what I’ve seen people call the new Destiny’s Edge (Rox/Majory/Other lady/Braham). Unless they’re considering the one from Halloween, but she’s only shown up during the two Halloween patches.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Atlas.9704

Sometimes I half jokingly wonder if this was backlash to the infographic which showed that players used Humans more.

“Sylvari are 4rth place?! That’s it more Sylvari updates until we’re #1!”

Out of all the non Human races Charr and Norn are more exciting, well to me anyways.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Oh boy, this seems to be giving me a feeling that they’re going to try to pull something like FF14: A Realm Reborn. Meaning a world shattering event that changes the world and how the people perceive it permanently.

They already did that with GW1: The Searing of Ascalon.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Daesyn.4781

Daesyn.4781

Sometimes I half jokingly wonder if this was backlash to the infographic which showed that players used Humans more.

“Sylvari are 4rth place?! That’s it more Sylvari updates until we’re #1!”

Out of all the non Human races Charr and Norn are more exciting, well to me anyways.

Interesting… I’d like to see the latest numbers for this.

Atlas.9704

Me too, a yearly one would be fun to see.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Some call it Primordeus..others call it Destroyers from GW1…

…i personally like to give it a twist and call it “Temporary Content”… this way ..for the past 10 months i’ve never been let down by what terrible things will happen to Tyria that will “fundamentally shake it from the ground up and down and left to right”. I can go to sleep knowing that the same end-game boss called “Temporary Content” comes back over and over again.

Can’t wait for 2014’s “Temporary Content v2.0”

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Interesting… I’d like to see the latest numbers for this.

One thing I’m pretty sure is that there’s even less Charr now. Some players have deleted theirs when they realized that Anet wasn’t going to make an effort to make their armor bearable, and newer players probably realized how terrible 98% of armor looked on Charr before creating a Human.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I really don’t understand this at all. The idea that somehow dangerous foes have to be big.

Last time I checked, the creatures that have caused the most deaths on the planet earth were fleas and mosquitos…and not the giant kind either.

When I see a giant boss, in games were all bosses are giant, I think, here we go again. The only way to make a boss more powerful is to make him bigger.

Superman and spiderman are pretty powerful and they’re human sized. Why does a boss have to be big to be dangerous?

Edit: Even in Guild Wars 1, in the Ring of Fire mission (the last mission in Prophecies), the tiny sparks were far more dangerous than the giant titans. They were far more likely to kill you.

In MMOs, tougher monsters tend to require larger groups of players to defeat. Larger groups of players can make it tough to see what’s going on unless the monster is of a larger size. It can be tough to time interrupts and dodges against PC-sized or smaller monsters if you can’t see the attack cues through the throng of characters surrounding it. Ergo many, not all, tough MMO monsters are large.

Many of the toughest monsters in the game, all of them in fact, would be in instances, so you’d only have 5 people fighting them though.

False; there are plenty of tough monsters found in the open world. I could list many, but I won’t bother. The fact is MMO developers have been making difficult monsters bigger than their counterparts for more than a decade. That you think size and difficulty shouldn’t be tied together doesn’t matter, because they are. And they have been. And they will continue to be so.

As I’ve already said, anyone who’s played Guild Wars 1 knows that very powerful foes can be very small. It happened all the time. Big titans weren’t nearly as dangerous as titan sparks. Not even close. But the sparks were small enough to get lost if you didn’t know to look for them. And that made the content more challenging.

As for what game developers have been doing for a decade, I could care less. Clearly most MMOs in the last five years really haven’t be successful because everyone is doing the same thing. So maybe, just maybe, it’s time for devs to do something different.

Just about the worst defense anyone can use for something to be in a game is that it’s been like that for years.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Dwarves emerge

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Just about the worst defense anyone can use for something to be in a game is that it’s been like that for years.

That’s highly ironic coming from you considering how many times I’ve seen you use that very justification for ArenaNet’s shift from the game they wanted to make to the game they’re currently making.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

That’s highly ironic coming from you considering how many times I’ve seen you use that very justification for ArenaNet’s shift from the game they wanted to make to the game they’re currently making.

Actually I don’t use that as a justification for Anet doing that at all. It’s a great way to twist what I’ve said.

I don’t believe anything should be kept just because it’s always been done that way. I do believe in trying something new and different. However, once you try something new and different and see it’s not working (keeping in mind Anet would know a whole lot better than we would if people were actually logging in and playing) then you have to make adjustments to protect your investment.

Anet didn’t just copy the WoW model in how the gear was acquired. I don’t know about you, but I’m not raiding for BIS gear. They have made changes to the game based on the reactions they’ve seen. I’m not sure what business does otherwise.

At no time did I ever say Anet should make these changes because that’s what everyone in the industry does. In fact, if you took the time to look through my considerable post history, you’d find I don’t like other MMOs, so I certainly don’t want to see stuff repeated just because it’s always done that way.