So GW2 didn't get the 1 mil likes!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

I took my like off because the facebook page moderators will delete ANY negative comment, even if it is valid and well represented.

this is pathetic but Microsoft did the same after E3 X1’s ****storm by deleting everything negative on their official youtube page but there was so much negativity from everyone that they just blocked all comments lmao. Mods deleting negative comments (this was on this forum as well but i noticed it got better, you can at least be negative/give reason why you dislike something and not be 100% moderated and message deleted) just shows how many people were disappointed with gw2 and how much it failed to deliver.

By this logic, every single MMORPG is disappointing and fails to deliver. All of them, including WoW, Rift, Lotro, because every single MMORPG’s game forums are predominantly negative.

So what you’re really saying is all MMOs suck. Because I’ve not found a single MMORPG with official forums that are predominantly positive.

No. Just no. WoW’s forums are about an equal balance of positives/negatives. Rift’s forums are pretty positive, because most people are happy with the direction that Rift took.

People complain about Guild Wars 2 for a reason. Sure there are some people that complain about nothing, but if there are complaints every single day on the forums, and people agree with them? That’s a signal that Anet did something wrong.

Research before you say something. Not all forums are predominantly negative.

I think that you’re interpreting forums in a direction that favors your bias. If you actually look at our forums and other forums, you’ll find a healthy balance of positive and negative everywhere. Hell, look at the forums for League of Legends – THE most popular game in existence. You’ll find pages and pages of rage threads every other day. In fact, you’re more likely to find negative threads than positive threads there.

Why? Forum posters are generally those who aren’t satisfied with something in the game. Satisfied players rarely have a need to post, and therefore rarely have a reason to post.

Even here, we’ve got a balance of positive and negative – a healthy one in which both sides can and sometimes do make valid points, even if these valid points are typically lost in a veritable ocean of idiocy and fanaticism.

No, the forums are not in a bad state. No, the forums are not an indicator or poor game quality or some perceived mistake on Arenanet’s part. They’re just a developer looking to serve their community to the best of their capacity. Occassionally, they do make mistakes (ie: Ascended Gear), but the overall direction of the game is one that is healthy and has potential to improve the game and minimize the impact of their November update.

Also – most of the negative threads are in regards to irrelevant issues in the first place (such as RNG gambling for OPTIONAL SKINS), rather than important issues such as the general state of the game, the direction of PvP, reward scaling, etc.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I had no idea this was even going on. Just liked the page.

IMO, if they don’t get the 1,000,000 likes, it’s due in part to a failure to get the word out. I’ve seen way too many posts on this thread saying “I didn’t even know they were doing this”

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I know i have been annoyed with a-net over a few things.

I feel this is not the game the devs in the manifesto doing the sales pitch talked about,
but i guess that is all it was a sales pitch, i try to think atm, well done them they got peeps to buy it.

I guess the devs are told what to do by investor’s and shareholder’s, but idk for sure who tells them what to do, they must look back at what they told us and think i hatted having to lie to peeps to get sales but guess their jobs would be on the line if they didn’t.

So im thinking now its not really their fault, as for 1 mill likes on facebook, i think there is far better mini games there than in gw2, so perhaps they shouldn’t have done it there, again maybe they well told too idk.

While i do like gw2 ( mini games and jumping excluded) i don’t think i could give the game a thumbs up as i like many others feel cheated in the game we got, perhaps if they had been honest from the outset and said gw2 will be a 3d plaform type mmo with mini games content then peeps would vote.

I dunno what you watched, but it wasn’t the same manifesto I watched.

Using sarcasm to pretend that you are not in denial of obvious things doesn t help much.

11.000 posts thread.
Same posts opened after months is having answers

And if its not enough most public press already gave the same opinion than MOST player that expressed themselves on the argument

So if with any wordplay or inricate logic someone tried to find that the manifesto was not broken doesn t change a simple fact.

Manifesto gave CLEAR expectations.
If you ask a player who never seen GW2 what can understand from that manifesto and then shows him GW" he will say it have been broken in its core points.

Pure speculation and heresay. As I said before, everyone is interpreting the manifesto differently. This is what happens to every game. The devs say some things, the community fantasizes endlessly about it for months or years prior to release, and by the time the real game comes, it can’t possibly live up to the fantasy that exists in each and every individuals mind.

When you and I talk about GW2, we are actually talking about 3 different entities.

1. The Guild Wars 2 that exists in your mind.
2. The Guild Wars 2 that exists in my mind.
3. The Guild Wars 2 that exists in reality.

I cannot truly know the GW2 that exists in your mind, just as you cannot truly know the GW2 that exists in mine. The best we can do is try to focus on the one that exists in reality. If you would like to actually point out exactly how you think they strayed from the manifesto, I’ll be more than happy to discuss it. In my opinion, they did not stray from it.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

League of Legends – THE most popular game in existence.

Actually I think Tetris is technically the most popular.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

League of Legends – THE most popular game in existence.

Actually I think Tetris is technically the most popular.

I rather thought it was some card game . . . or maybe backgammon? I dunno, someone want to fish up statistics on this?

Meanwhile, off to see about fixing my DOSbox build for more UFO: Enemy Unknown.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Hard to disagree. This forum has a bunch of fanboys like Vayne who enjoy cotton candy content and “press F to collect free reward”. To those people, when you state something negative you’re instantly a troll because they (the minority) enjoyed spamming F collecting free rewards. If those people went back playing games on their facebook, this whole forum would be very negative and anet would have no choice but change their updates. #dealwithit its the truth, truth you, Vayne and some others certainly not wanting to believe.

I enjoy the game but not for “Press F to collect free reward”, and I hate Facebook games because I don’t have Facebook . . .

Also, you are mistaken. ANet would have a choice, they always have a choice in the matter much as we all have the choice to simply stop. Which is what I do from time to time, oh, roughly every week and a half . . . come back for a few days now and then and then return to my silly other diversions.

Like Catan.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Duke Blackrose.4981

I took my like off because the facebook page moderators will delete ANY negative comment, even if it is valid and well represented.

this is pathetic but Microsoft did the same after E3 X1’s ****storm by deleting everything negative on their official youtube page but there was so much negativity from everyone that they just blocked all comments lmao. Mods deleting negative comments (this was on this forum as well but i noticed it got better, you can at least be negative/give reason why you dislike something and not be 100% moderated and message deleted) just shows how many people were disappointed with gw2 and how much it failed to deliver.

By this logic, every single MMORPG is disappointing and fails to deliver. All of them, including WoW, Rift, Lotro, because every single MMORPG’s game forums are predominantly negative.

So what you’re really saying is all MMOs suck. Because I’ve not found a single MMORPG with official forums that are predominantly positive.

No. Just no. WoW’s forums are about an equal balance of positives/negatives. Rift’s forums are pretty positive, because most people are happy with the direction that Rift took.

People complain about Guild Wars 2 for a reason. Sure there are some people that complain about nothing, but if there are complaints every single day on the forums, and people agree with them? That’s a signal that Anet did something wrong.

I think that you’re interpreting forums in a direction that favors your bias. If you actually look at our forums and other forums, you’ll find a healthy balance of positive and negative everywhere. Hell, look at the forums for League of Legends – THE most popular game in existence. You’ll find pages and pages of rage threads every other day. In fact, you’re more likely to find negative threads than positive threads there.

Why? Forum posters are generally those who aren’t satisfied with something in the game. Satisfied players rarely have a need to post, and therefore rarely have a reason to post.

Even here, we’ve got a balance of positive and negative – a healthy one in which both sides can and sometimes do make valid points, even if these valid points are typically lost in a veritable ocean of idiocy and fanaticism.

No, the forums are not in a bad state. No, the forums are not an indicator or poor game quality or some perceived mistake on Arenanet’s part. They’re just a developer looking to serve their community to the best of their capacity. Occassionally, they do make mistakes (ie: Ascended Gear), but the overall direction of the game is one that is healthy and has potential to improve the game and minimize the impact of their November update.

Also – most of the negative threads are in regards to irrelevant issues in the first place (such as RNG gambling for OPTIONAL SKINS), rather than important issues such as the general state of the game, the direction of PvP, reward scaling, etc.

Hard to disagree. This forum has a bunch of fanboys like Vayne who enjoy cotton candy content and “press F to collect free reward”. To those people, when you state something negative you’re instantly a troll because they (the minority) enjoyed spamming F collecting free rewards. If those people went back playing games on their facebook, this whole forum would be very negative and anet would have no choice but change their updates. #dealwithit its the truth, truth you, Vayne and some others certainly not wanting to believe.

You seem to have twisted my statement into one supporting the negative side of the forums – which it is not. It was neutral – and, if anything, I side with the overall positive side. Both sides have their blind fanatics who call their opponents trolls. Hell, YOU just did pretty much the exact same thing that you give a bad rap to the “fanboys” for doing.

And for the record, I like Vayne a lot more than I like a lot of the overly-negative drama-queens in this forum who explode at every little thing they perceive as bad and seem to be under the impression that the sky is falling in Guild Wars 2. It isn’t. In fact, Arenanet is HIRING more staff, rather than firing them – that’s a strange occurance in the MMORPG world, and one that points to a healthy game, rather than a failing one.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

oh this guy again and his logic, have a nice day

Well, you make negative statements because you personally don’t like the game, many of which don’t stand up to scrutiny.

Saying people are complaining so the game is bad would apply to every MMO out there. This isn’t theory, it’s fact. If you can’t deal with the facts, that’s fine too. At least we’re forewarned.

i state the negativity because i want this game to be better, it deserves to be better. You completely ignore all negativity and live in your dreamworld where GW2 is the absolute perfection. That’s the difference. You close your eyes and don’t want to see the reality, until you open them don’t bother quoting me i won’t bother responding because its like talking to a pure fanboy and im not here for that.

Will you yell at your children 24/7 that they are worthless pieces of kitten that will never accomplish anything good in their lives? Because that’s what you do in here most of the time, and it sure as hell isn’t making the game any better, or the devs more willing to listen to your concerns.

Why is this thread still going on?

and what have you done to the game by telling everyone how you enjoyed that new mini puzzle? Nothing. If there’s a lot of people complaining about their current crappy updates it may change in the future, if not, mini jumping puzzles and mini games is the future of gw2. This thread is still going because lots of people see the potential but with every update it just fades away.

Let me give you a clue- if you tell someone you enjoyed something that they produced it is called thanks and acknowledgement.
Many people do actually enjoy the current updates.

What exactly have you contributed to anything by constantly complaining?
Nothing- I have yet to see you make one positive remark or even a suggestion on how content can be improved.
All you do is rage and complain.

Just for the record I see a lot of potential in this game and I actually think that it improves with every update.

From your posts I really hope to the six the game does not change to what you would term an improvement.

I’ve made bunch of threads suggesting stuff that would improve this game. What have you done? I haven’t seen you write anything else but fanboy nonesense about how great this game is. No one is raging here. I point out what i dislike and suggest things to improve what we currently have. You tell others how you enjoyed their new “press F to collect”.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

- that’s a strange occurance in the MMORPG world, and one that points to a healthy game, rather than a failing one.

Actually, it points to ArenaNet hiring more staff, but that’s just my interpretation of events. I don’t know enough about what’s going on with those new hires or behind their doors to know whether the business is healthy or not.

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Compiled the posts in this thread into Negative, Positive, Neutral, based on the language and opinions given as best as I could.

117 individual people in this thread. 41% Neutral 37% Positive, 22% Negative.

Negative – Total 26 People with 67 posts
SandruDaniel.4386 – 6
mesme.5028
Gasoline.2570 – 2
Galtrix.7369 – 5
Araziel.7201 – 4
Aeolus.3615
rchu.8945 – 2
Nuka Cola.8520 – 10
fadeaway.2807
stayBlind.7849
ilr.9675 – 3
Pravda.7641
Enundr.9305 – 2
Mustafa.7684 – 4
Deamhan.9538
Chuo.4238 – 2
Grumpdogg.6910
Elbegast.6970 – 4
TooBz.3065 – 2
Paul.4081
bravoart.5308 – 2
Halandir.3609 – 2
CobaltSixty.1542 – 2
Stormcrow.7513 – 2
EATtheDEAD.4768
LordByron.8369 – 4

Positive – Total 44 people with 126 posts
CMF.5461 – 12
Wryog.5073
Vayne.8563 – 24
ParnAshwind.4823
Randulf.7614 – 3
fellyn.5083
Siphaed.9235 – 3
Ashabhi.1365
Lethalvriend.1723
Buttercup.5871
Julie Yann.5379
Galen Grey.4709 – 12
ProxyDamage.9826
Sarie.1630
Jski.6180 – 5
AntiGw.9367 – 9
KOPPER.1458
Kit.3986
Tiger Ashante.1792
laokoko.7403
Khisanth.2948
emikochan.8504
Bearhugger.4326
Morrigan.2809 – 8
Tobias Trueflight.8350 – 7
Meglobob.8620
Arrow.3856 – 2
EdgarMTanaka.7291 – 2
Sylv.5324
lunawisp.2378
PolarisNova.3867
holotype.1643 – 2
eisberg.2379
DeathMetal.8264
Vaxor.4039
Urrid.4593
Draconus.9786
Lippuringo.1742
Conncept.7638
Zaxares.5419 – 3
FateOmega.9601
Xenon.4537 – 4
fellyn.5083
Tolmos.8395

Neutral – Total 47 people with 136 posts
mesme.5028 – 3
Chicho Gosho.6507 – 2
Teofa Tsavo.9863 – 3
Celestina.2894 – 2
ragingbear.2548
SoPP.7034
Leo G.4501
Syktek.7912
Scoobaniec.9561
Fenrir.3609
Fernling.1729 – 5
sinzer.4018 – 2
Dawdler.8521
Nike.2631
Leo G.4501
holodoc.5748
Dikeido.8436
daimasei.4091
Wolfheart.1938 – 3
Zenith.6403
Yaos.4528
Stego.3148 – 2
The Spiral King.2483
CobaltSixty.1542
Ashen.2907 – 2
aspirine.6852 – 2
Primernova.5791
Malevil.2104
maddoctor.2738 – 3
kRiza krimos.1637
Gauradan.8361
Highwinter.3190
SpyderBite.6274
Khisanth.2948 – 2
Tenlaael.4975
CeNedro.7560
Smith.1826
Substance E.4852
Yza.2437
Fernling.1729
Duke Blackrose.4981 – 3
Klawlyt.6507
Black Teagan.9215
HawkMeister.4758
wouw.5837
Khal Drogo.9631
Afya.5842

(edited by CMF.5461)

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I’ve made bunch of threads suggesting stuff that would improve this game.

Except those “improvements” (like 10 additional trait points) were shot down by people that wouldn’t have liked them. So where you see “improvement”, others see the game getting worse. And while it’s easy for you to invalidate others opinions by telling them “kitten you casuals”, it’s not as easy for reasonable people.

I remember a guy suggesting that dyes should’ve given you a resistance to particular kinds of damage, and I’m sure he believes his suggestion would’ve improved the game. See where I’m going? Because I’m not, it’s late in here.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Duke Blackrose.4981

I’ve made bunch of threads suggesting stuff that would improve this game.

Except those “improvements” (like 10 additional trait points) were shot down by people that wouldn’t have liked them. So where you see “improvement”, others see the game getting worse. And while it’s easy for you to invalidate others opinions by telling them “kitten you casuals”, it’s not as easy for reasonable people.

I remember a guy suggesting that dyes should’ve given you a resistance to particular kinds of damage, and I’m sure he believes his suggestion would’ve improved the game. See where I’m going? Because I’m not, it’s late in here.

That suggestion….. XD

Posted by: Phate.4871

Phate.4871

I gave my like, everyone else should do theirs

FA warrior and mesmer.

Posted by: TheLaughingMan.4320

TheLaughingMan.4320

I guess I don’t understand why people continue to play in spite or come back and post here to try to convince people that the game is bad.

Personal opinions are valid but personal. There is a lot I would like to see different in this game, but I don’t log in every day in disgust or negativity.

That might mean you need to change your outlook on things or maybe do something different.

How dare we criticize a game’s flaws

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

I guess I don’t understand why people continue to play in spite or come back and post here to try to convince people that the game is bad.

Personal opinions are valid but personal. There is a lot I would like to see different in this game, but I don’t log in every day in disgust or negativity.

That might mean you need to change your outlook on things or maybe do something different.

Hardly anyone is criticizing the game’s real flaws. Instead, most of the complaints are focused on non-issues.

CMF.5461

There is constructive criticism and worthless bashing.

My wife used to work as customer service. There were a certain set of rules and guidance that she would have to follow as per the training of the job.

Many times there would be grown adults who come in and throw a big fit about how they are not getting what they want, and they would demand for her to do things that she was not allowed to do.

Upon not doing these things, these grown adults would throw a bigger tantrum and demand to see the supervisor. More often than not the supervisors would try to cover up the scene and placate the individual (read: not want to have to put up with it) and just give the customer what they want.

This would make my wife look like the bad guy and the customers would walk off all smug and happy with themselves. Yet she was doing only what she was allowed to do. More so, the supervisor had the code that could override many of the commands that would allow the requested act to happen in the first place, so my wife couldn’t have done it anyway.

I think we live in a world where we think it is ok to throw a fit until we get what we want…that disgusts me.

You can say what you think is bad with the game, you can offer constructive criticism which would focus and pinpoint the suspected failure and offer alternative ideas which would help fix the situation instead of just throwing more wood on the fire and fueling the hate.

Helping to solve the problem often solves more problems more quickly than sitting around complaining about it.

If you don’t want to help, and you don’t like being here, then why are you here?

If you like the game, but are frustrated with how it is developing or not developing, then offer useful insights and encourage growth in areas that you do like. This is something called “positive reinforcement”.

(edited by CMF.5461)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I was on the Rift forums for a long long time. And Rift lost a HUGE percentage of those negative people, including me, because we didn’t like the game.

So Rift had like 6 guys left playing it when they went free to play. That’s it. It was done by then. When Rift was new and at this point, for forums were a cesspool.

It’s like Vanguard. Vanguard’s forums are positive too. Why? Because six guys who still play it obviously like it. But let’s not belabor the point. Rift has a third of the likes of Guild Wars 2 on Facebook. If the forums are so positive, why isn’t it more popular?

Could it be that it’s already left with only the people who like it.

And that might very well be the point. Just because people don’t like something, doesn’t mean there’s something wrong with it. The stuff I didn’t like in Rift and I complained about wasn’t something wrong with the game. It was something wrong with the game for my specific play style. The game was fine…it wasn’t fine for me.

I was able to admit that on the Rift forums. It’s not that the game is bad, it’s just not what the game could be for my play style.

I wish more of the naysayers here could recognize that the game is fun for a whole lot of people and if they feel disenfranchised…maybe—just maybe—it’s an incompatibility and not a flaw.

Of course there are issues with the game. I’ve spoken out against them too. But complaint threads about not having dueling or raids is not an issue with the game for me.

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

I didn’t like it, and would never tell anyone else about this game either, I think they focus way to much on the Living Story in this game and it will ruin it, WvW is where it is and they ignore it and in the end it will bite them on the kitten …

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

CMF.5461

What is your opinion on addition of WvW Levels and perks? What could they do to make WvW better?

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

I didn’t like it, and would never tell anyone else about this game either, I think they focus way to much on the Living Story in this game and it will ruin it, WvW is where it is and they ignore it and in the end it will bite them on the kitten …

Repetitive zerg-flip-fest as opposed to new, innovative and fresh gameplay?

I’ll take Living Story, thank you very much.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Their focus on LS now is providing new content on a regular basis while updating the core game- this improves the game for people who just play and it provides a constant stream of content to players who go through content fast.
All this with only cosmetic additions.
I applaud this.

This where we disagree …
Throwing out a constant stream of new temporary content for the sake of new content, is imo, poor game design and vision.

Also, the overall quality of this content is highly questionable. I don’t like JP’s and dislike pvp mini-games even more, so never do them. Much of the LS content has little or no interest to me.

Furthermore, this content is often buggy, requiring 3 or 4 ‘fixes’ immediately after that tells me it is not properly tested before release. These ‘bugs’ find ways to effect core game content as well, so are not just limited to the temporary content. I have a vision of the Anet LS factory assembly line pushing product out and onto our computers, ready or not…

If you ‘applaud’ this, then what can I say? Ii is certainly not the way I thought the game would evolve. Oh, and I never heard of the manifesto before I bought the game, so had no expectations on that account.

I stopped recommending this game to friends 6 months ago when I saw nothing being done to address all the outstanding game balance issues. The Feb patch was more of a game breaker for me that the Nov one. The LS has just make things worse for me and is not the way I want to receive my gaming experience.

I have 1 month left of home ISP before I move countries. I will be without an ISP for at least 1-2 months until I get set-up in the UK. Unless Anet has a drastic re-think regarding the game direction, and pulls a rabbit out over balance issues during the next 2-3 months, I very much doubt I will be returning to GW2.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

(edited by bri.2359)

Vayne.8563

Their focus on LS now is providing new content on a regular basis while updating the core game- this improves the game for people who just play and it provides a constant stream of content to players who go through content fast.
All this with only cosmetic additions.
I applaud this.

This where we disagree …
Throwing out a constant stream of new temporary content for the sake of new content, is imo, poor game design and vision.

Also, the overall quality of this content is highly questionable. I don’t like JP’s and dislike pvp mini-games even more, so never do them. Much of the LS content has little or no interest to me.

Furthermore, this content is often buggy, requiring 3 or 4 ‘fixes’ immediately after that tells me it is not properly tested before release. These ‘bugs’ find ways to effect core game content as well, so are not just limited to the temporary content. I have a vision of the Anet LS factory assembly line pushing product out and onto our computers, ready or not…

If you ‘applaud’ this, then what can I say? Ii is certainly not the way I thought the game would evolve. Oh, and I never heard of the manifesto before I bought the game, so had no expectations on that account.

I stopped recommending this game to friends 6 months ago when I saw nothing being done to address all the outstanding game balance issues. The Feb patch was more of a game breaker for me that the Nov one. The LS has just make things worse for me and is not the way I want to receive my gaming experience.

I have 1 month left of home ISP before I move countries. I will be without an ISP for at least 1-2 months until I get set-up in the UK. Unless Anet has a drastic re-think regarding the game direction, and pulls a rabbit out over balance issues during the next 2-3 months, I very much doubt I will be returning to GW2.

So you don’t like the content. I do like the content. Not all of it, but more than enough of it. For example, I really like the racing game and the survival game. It’s okay if you don’t. That’s fine. But that doesn’t make it bad content and it doesn’t mean those who like it shouldn’t applaud.

I’ve never seen this level of content from any MMO before. Are there a couple of bugs? Sure. But early bugs were certainly worse than later ones, showing improvement. I haven’t really found many bugs at all in the newest content.

At any rate, I’ll applaud anything that I’m enjoying…why shouldn’t I?

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I already said…
Make a poll of an 1% of players.

The result is possibly not fault proof but its an indicator.

If the result is like 90% or more agreeing on sn option.

he number was too high in fact the thread was deleted.

The final point is:
Give some reasons to discredit some statystical evidence. (that was the biggest thread this forum ever seen).

P.S: this is why i used the word “normal” and i said my english skill could just distort the meaning.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution

Except that you’re falling into one of the big pitfalls of this argument. If 80% of the people who come to the forums come to complain (which seems to be the case in most games), the the forum population is not representative of people playing the game. It’s the same in every game I’ve ever played. The forum population, on the whole, is less supportive of the game than people who don’t post.

In the end, people do come here to complain so they’re not “normal”. They’re the exception. So what you’re saying is most of the exception is normal, but that’s just not logical.

Actually you are still undervaluing everyone else without anything to support your theory

Just to prove how you are wrong.

How often do you read/hear the sentence “oh people are so dumb”.
Considering most people says that you should understand where the problem is.

Forum is for feedback.
Most people that care for the gae enough to give feedback come on the forum.

Saying people on the forum are complainers just shows rudeness and disrespect.
And this is another point against your argument.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Repetitive zerg-flip-fest as opposed to new, innovative and fresh gameplay?

I’ll take Living Story, thank you very much.

A new bi-weekly mostly repetitive Themepark ride versus (theoretically) player created emergent gameplay?
I´ll take the later, thnx.

True though, at the moment WvW is a repetitive Zergfest.
And THAT is ANet´s biggest failure.

Polish > hype

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Yet there are people who love JPs and pvp mini-games, so they find the content excellent. The game must please everyone, not only some part of the playerbase. And only Cutthroat Politics was so heavily focused on JPs/mini-games, previous releases had either one JP (Aetherblade), one mini-game (Dragon Bash), or no JPs/Mini-games at all (Southsun or Flame & Frost) Not all releases are the same.

Just because the latest release is so focused on those doesn’t mean that the game will be all about them forever. The devs already mentioned that there is no JP in the next release and no instanced mini-game (not sure about this)

Vayne.8563

I already said…

The final point is:
Give some reasons to discredit some statystical evidence. (that was the biggest thread this forum ever seen).

P.S: this is why i used the word “normal” and i said my english skill could just distort the meaning.

Except that you’re falling into one of the big pitfalls of this argument. If 80% of the people who come to the forums come to complain (which seems to be the case in most games), the the forum population is not representative of people playing the game. It’s the same in every game I’ve ever played. The forum population, on the whole, is less supportive of the game than people who don’t post.

In the end, people do come here to complain so they’re not “normal”. They’re the exception. So what you’re saying is most of the exception is normal, but that’s just not logical.

Actually you are still undervaluing everyone else without anything to support your theory

Forum is for feedback.

Being rude doesn’t necessarily make you wrong, but calling negativity negativity is merely an observation anyway. There’s no value judgement attached to that. My son is a pessimist. That’s an observation, not a judgment, and therefore not rude. If people take offense that being called a pessimist, that’s pretty much on them.

What I said was people come to forums TO complain, that doesn’t mean they’re complainers. That’s a big difference.

If you put a card on a table at a restaurant that allows comment on the staff, people with complaints will fill out the card about 80% of the time and people who have a compliment will fill it out 20%, despite the fact that most service is adequate or better.

There’s no real impetus for people to come to the forums to say they’re having fun in game. There is an impetus for people to come to the forum to complain about the game. This information isn’t new or something that I just pulled out of the air. It’s been known and discussed for a long long time. Over there years there have been survey’s about it. Feel free to research if you wish.

I’m saying that the majority of people who are enjoying the game don’t come to the forums, because having to view/respond to a lot of complaints (often complaints they feel are baseless) causes them stress or ruins their enjoyment. I’m different because I don’t mind debate…but most people won’t stick their necks out. That’s just human nature.

HawkMeister.4758

Actually have you stopped applauding anything ANet has done in the last 9 months?
Sorry to drag it down to a personnel level again, but by now this has almost become your main reputation on these fora.
Maybe you should rethink your position, as even ANet´s main devlopers are admitting to misjudging past decisions.

Anet current MO is simply to copy the Asian Themepark-MMOs way of bi-/tri-weekly content upgrades.
They claim they have enough teams to still work on the core game.

The next 6 months will show how this pans out.
But if we all just follow your lead and clap constantly so that the fora stay nice and cumbayaaah, then it won´t help ANet one bit either.

Polish > hype

Vayne.8563

Actually have you stopped applauding anything ANet has done in the last 9 months?
Sorry to drag it down to a personnel level again, but by now this has almost become your main reputation on these fora.
Maybe you should rethink your position, as even ANet´s main devlopers are admitting to misjudging past decisions.

Anet current MO is simply to copy the Asian Themepark-MMOs way of bi-/tri-weekly content upgrades.
They claim they have enough teams to still work on the core game.

The next 6 months will show how this pans out.
But if we all just follow your lead and clap constantly so that the fora stay nice and cumbayaaah, then it won´t help ANet one bit either.

I could care less about my reputation on these forums…obviously. I respect those who respect me and I don’t give a toss about those who don’t. That’s been the story of my life. 30-40 percent of people I deal with like me and a bunch of people really really don’t. So? Who cares?

If you can’t find anything that I’ve said that’s negative, you haven’t looked. If you do look and find something that I’ve said that’s negative, are you going to stop thinking I’m a fan boy? I seriously doubt it.

When something that I feel is wrong is mentioned, I say so. But I’m enjoying myself so I’m happy.

You have something against happy?

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Yet there are people who love JPs and pvp mini-games, so they find the content excellent. The game must please everyone, not only some part of the playerbase. And only Cutthroat Politics was so heavily focused on JPs/mini-games, previous releases had either one JP (Aetherblade), one mini-game (Dragon Bash), or no JPs/Mini-games at all (Southsun or Flame & Frost) Not all releases are the same.

Just because the latest release is so focused on those doesn’t mean that the game will be all about them forever. The devs already mentioned that there is no JP in the next release and no instanced mini-game (not sure about this)

Yeah, I think this is a case of people simply misusing the world “quality”. Just because you don’t like something, doesn’t mean it’s of poor quality. For instance, I hate iPads. I have no use for them, don’t see me ever being in a situation where I would need one, think that everything they can do is more than already covered by the tech I already have etc. But that doesn’t make iPads poor quality. In fact, I can recognise that they are in fact very high quality products. I just don’t like them. So I don’t buy them.

So to criticize ANet for putting out JPs etc is fair enough – you don’t like them. But that’s not a quality issue, and you can’t take ANet up on a quality issue if you aren’t actually speaking about quality, but preference.

HawkMeister.4758

You have something against happy?

Yes. :p

Anyhoo, back on topic: By how much are we gona miss the 1 mill mark?
Just curious.

Polish > hype

LordByron.8369

I already said…

The final point is:

Forum is for feedback.

Being rude doesn’t necessarily make you wrong, but calling negativity negativity is merely an observation anyway. There’s no value judgement attached to that. My son is a pessimist. That’s an observation, not a judgment, and therefore not rude. If people take offense that being called a pessimist, that’s pretty much on them.

What I said was people come to forums TO complain, that doesn’t mean they’re complainers. That’s a big difference.

If you put a card on a table at a restaurant that allows comment on the staff, people with complaints will fill out the card about 80% of the time and people who have a compliment will fill it out 20%, despite the fact that most service is adequate or better.

There’s no real impetus for people to come to the forums to say they’re having fun in game. There is an impetus for people to come to the forum to complain about the game. This information isn’t new or something that I just pulled out of the air. It’s been known and discussed for a long long time. Over there years there have been survey’s about it. Feel free to research if you wish.

I’m saying that the majority of people who are enjoying the game don’t come to the forums, because having to view/respond to a lot of complaints (often complaints they feel are baseless) causes them stress or ruins their enjoyment. I’m different because I don’t mind debate…but most people won’t stick their necks out. That’s just human nature.

You are being the negative…
Most people that don t come on the forum are casual gamers.

Forum represents MOST players that care for the game.

WHo don t have time or will to discuss stuff they d want to get better is mostly a player that will just change game as another will be released.

And infact we know the game took a HUGE hit back in november and will take another when ascended armors will be released.

But even all this is useless because even in game there are huge complaints about ascended stuff.

Do you think people that doesn t come on the forum are happy?
If so why doesn t anet just make a poll?

Because they know people are not happy with ascended stuff and despite what they say they don t care at all and will go on whatever will happen.

We both know it.

Even if some are complainers (and some other fanboys ) a result like those back in novemenr and that current in general forum, can t be honestly dismissed as complaints…..

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

But even all this is useless because even in game there are huge complaints about ascended stuff.

Of late, I’ve seen huge complaints about:

- The cost of ascended stuff. Notably, the need to get lucky doing Fractals until you get the Mist parts. Or the need for lots of tier 6 fine materials, which is what has me grumbling a lot myself. (Oh, and 250 Karka Shell? really . . .)

- The uselessness of Infusions. Especially since the Achievement revamp allows you to get bonuses to things the Utility Infusions were for originally. Also the +5 or so isn’t spectacular so it’s almost a waste of upgrade.

- The release of it. As in, it’s not all released at the same time and certain stat types aren’t there yet. (Though usually refuted with “just Zerk and get on with it”.) And this is something I know I saw an ANet person say “yeah we kinda goofed on that”.

I think, honestly, anyone who had a big enough problem with Ascended gear as power-creep has already taken off, rather than wait patiently for the last bits to get released before taking off. Anyone who says it drove them off now is probably unhappy about more than that, and it’s just the latest thing that irritated them. But the ones who had a serious problem with it? Already took off back in November.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Mike O’Brien isn’t a mind reader.

That’s just an assumption. You don’t know that for a fact. He might be reading your mind this very moment!

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I’ll just point out that Rift’s forums, which I posted on a ridiculous number of times and can be found relatively easily with a google search to verify this, were quite positive for a long time. The number of people who complained or whined early on were a minority, and focused entirely on the “silent majority” argument to back themselves up. It’s only after the free to play push that Rift’s forums degraded into whatever they’ve become now.

Just saying

bri.2359

I’ve never seen this level of content from any MMO before. Are there a couple of bugs? Sure. But early bugs were certainly worse than later ones, showing improvement. I haven’t really found many bugs at all in the newest content.

I guess you were too busy applauding to notice Anet had to do 4 ‘fixes’ to the current content: 2 on 23 July (same day as content release), 1 on 24 July ,1 on 26 July.
This tells me the content was not properly tested before release,

Vayne, I doubt you wouldn’t notice a bug if it bit you on your kitten .

Gandara Megaserver

bri.2359

Forever is a long time … I think you mean foreseeable future, yes??

And I can make the opposite conclusion, biased on the recent content, that JP’s and pvp mini-games will be the staple of future content.

Might not be part of every release, but one more JP and/or pvp mini-game will be one more too many for me.

Gandara Megaserver

Vayne.8563

I guess you were too busy applauding to notice Anet had to do 4 ‘fixes’ to the current content: 2 on 23 July (same day as content release), 1 on 24 July ,1 on 26 July.

I’ve reported many bugs. I’ve beta and even alpha tested games. You don’t know anything about me, and what you’ve assumed is very likely untrue.

LordByron.8369

I think, honestly, anyone who had a big enough problem with Ascended gear as power-creep has already taken off, rather than wait patiently for the last bits to get released before taking off. Anyone who says it drove them off now is probably unhappy about more than that, and it’s just the latest thing that irritated them. But the ones who had a serious problem with it? Already took off back in November.

actually many people gave a second chane to the game.
Because after all rings were quite easy to get possibly due to complaints.

Then they slowly and subtly started to introduce grinding with laurels and time gated content.

People is not so dumb and noticed…….ascended armor can be the final offense for many (myself included).

GW2 balance:

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Not necessarily. they could also be bugs that happen under certain conditions.
For example while I took part in these activities prior to the patch I didnt experiance any of these myself:
Fixed an issue that caused the Frequent Sprinter achievement to disappear.
or
Updated the Candidate Trials so that the first mate of each candidate will only offer conversation options for the tiers unlocked by the player.
or even
Fixed a bug in the Candidate Trials which prevented some of the Aetherblade waves from spawning.

Like wise QA might not have replicated the same conditions that cause said issues.

No amount of testing will ever ensure a bug free release. Still 5 – 6 bugs many of which are pretty minor like showing a dialog option you shouldnt show or displaying a red ring instead of a white one isnt a big deal. The biggest bug was it seems some waves didnt spawn, it also didnt happen to everyone. Not ideal but hardly game breaking.

A few bugs doesnt mean content was not properly tested. No release is ever perfect. Arenanet QA do have a hard job in that they dont have a lot of time to do the testing but like Vayne said these issues are a far cry from what we got in the first few releases.

Vayne.8563

Mike O’Brien isn’t a mind reader.

That’s just an assumption. You don’t know that for a fact. He might be reading your mind this very moment!

Not true. I’m wearing my tinfoil hat, which blocks his meager attempts at mind reading (and protects me from the alien radiation).

Posted by: Wryog.5073

Wryog.5073

What is your opinion on addition of WvW Levels and perks? What could they do to make WvW better?

Here’s an idea for WvW: make a new different map or at least reskin the borderlands. From a swamp(green side) you get into a snowy mountain? It’s like they made borderlands to fit only the red side.

Wryog [WBC] – elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold

Tobias Trueflight.8350

actually many people gave a second chane to the game.
Because after all rings were quite easy to get possibly due to complaints.

Then they slowly and subtly started to introduce grinding with laurels and time gated content.

People is not so dumb and noticed…….ascended armor can be the final offense for many (myself included).

Here’s where I get into a problematic way of thinking . . .

The players of the game aren’t a nebulous, single-minded entity. Nor are they only “the sheep/addicts/fanbois” and “the smart ones”. There are those who want Content X over Content Y, or even Content Z before it. And there are players who really hate Content X and think Content Y should be priority . . .

The “grind”, well, a lot of things people want to throw under that umbrella term were said to not be short-term goals but something to work for. In other words, yes, you were expected to put some effort into getting to them.

And the “gated” bits, the more I look at them the more I want to point out there are alternatives to most of the material rewards. Laurels were a way to allow people to time-gate to stuff as opposed to letting random chance award you a gift; I will note short of the Ascended stuff there’s next to nothing of use there.

(Except that cat tonic, it’s just too awesome not to have.)

It’s okay, though. I mean, I’m not going to change anyone’s mind by explaining anything about why I enjoy playing the game still despite all the grind and such added to it. I’m not going to convert anyone from the crowd thinking Content X isn’t the worst addition ever. Their minds are made up, they’ve gone off already to pursue other shiny new upcoming releases. Which probably will live up to the hype about as well as this last title did.

It’s okay, it could be worse. It could be Daikatana.

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

I laugh as well, a buggy mess like all Bethesda games is coming and somehow people think it will offer any kind of challenge for Guild Wars 2? Yeah right.

Except the game isn’t being developed by Bethesda. Don’t let facts get in the way of your ignorance, though.

ZeniMax is a subsidiary of ZeniMax Media – associated with Bethesda. You should really get your facts straight before fact checking someone else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_Media

It’s the same thing as it being developed by Bethesda. It’s still likely to fail because of incompetent developing – this time WITHOUT the ability to mod everything and do the developers’ jobs for them – and more and more potential players have lost interest in the title with each passing information leak.

The ONLY thing that will lend the title immediate popularity is its TES IP – and that won’t stop it from potentially meeting the same fate as SWTOR.

Depends on the people creating the content. The Dawnguard expansion for Skyrim was clearly created by Bethesda, but difference in dungeon design, scenario design and the shoddy writing (I was writing fanfics of the same caliber in middle school) leads me to believe that it was done by a less experienced team than the one that created most of Skyrim. Dragonborn, the expansions came after Dawnguard, was clearly written by people with more experience. The writing and content design is the very reason why people are leery at ESO.

As for the bugs and coding, TES games have always prioritized content over quality control since they’re single player games that are can be modded/fixed by fans. Since ESO is an MMO, however, it’d be foolish of them to not increase the their QA to meet the demands of an MMO. Furthermore it’s possible that they’re outsourcing much of the coding for the game.

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

I gave my like, everyone else should do theirs

Give me your fb, maybe then I’ll do it.

Honestly though, who WANTS to get on fb?

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I would like GW2 if i liked it, but its not the game it was made out to be and its been systematically nerfed ever since they released it, so no, no likes sorry.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Oh well, we’ll have to live without your like.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

So I’ve had GW2 liked on FB since it created a page for it. I don’t go on Facebook more than once every few weeks or so. What was the intended reward of 1m likes again? I forget.

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

kittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnuke Blackrose.4981:

Also – most of the negative threads are in regards to irrelevant issues in the first place (such as RNG gambling for OPTIONAL SKINS)

Uh, no. There are several completely valid negative threads on all kinds of topics. How about for starters

1) Excessive grinding for best in slot gear. This is not SKINS. This is not LEGENDARIES. This is simply to have the best piece of gear for 1 armor slot and excessive amount of grinding is required. Easy example: backpiece – 2350 fractal tokens. 6 months of doing dailies every day and monthlies every month to equip ONE character with ONE set of jewelry/accessories. I am absolutely dreading how bad the grind will be once ascended weapons & armor get released.

2) Dungeons are bad. Period. It is an excellent example of terrible design. Now this in and of itself can spawn its own negative threads but most of them focus on any number of the glaring flaws: 1 person can kick the entire group and reset the dungeon at any time, wildly inconsistent reward per time invested & difficulties across explorable modes, godawful token system, etc. Other games clearly label the hard dungeons as hard and give significantly increased rewards for them. GW2? Nope. CoF1 gives identical rewards to CoF3. Embarrassing.

3) Item variety & to a larger extent build variety. You are doing nothing but hurting yourself and your groups if you use anything other than berserker gear and spec for anything other than raw damage/team damage. Condition damage is terrible, healing power is a complete joke, toughness and vitality are pointless dodge DR > *. This is the case at fractals 1, it is the case at fractals 48, it is the case in CoF 1 and every other dungeon and path. Power, Precision, Crit Damage, Zerker gear. Nothing else is worth bringing, and it’s terrible game design. Why have 10+ different major stat combos on gear when only 1 of them is worthwhile for PvE?

I could go on but I think I’ve proven my point. And instead of fixing these glaring flaws they keep throwing these mundane festivals at us. It’s maddening.

Duke Blackrose.4981

^Does the word “most” mean anything to you? Because yes, most of the negative threads are in regards to irrelevant issues. I didn’t say all of the bloody negative threads were irrelevant, just most.

There are definite, severe issues that detract from the game, such as those listed above. I’m not denying that. What I effectively stated is that a vast majority of the game’s detractors are an imbecilic crowd that claims that the sky is falling every time a new RNG skin is added to the gem store.

(edited by Duke Blackrose.4981)

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I’ve reported many bugs. I’ve beta and even alpha tested games. You don’t know anything about me, and what you’ve assumed is very likely untrue.

Vayne, everyone in this forum knows your reputation for ignoring the bad things about this game. Bugs is one of those things. I remember a post I brought up stating that there were way too many bugs in each new patch and that it needed to be fixed within a decent amount of time, or at least tested beforehand.

What you probably don’t realize is that you defended the bugs in this game by trying to tell me my post was wrong. I said that there were at least twice as many bugs in GW2 as in other mmos and you tried to bash me when I said that. I’ve played mmos for my entire life, and I think I know when there are bugs that are preventing me from enjoying the game.

No offense, but you lost all credibility you had when you defended Anet’s mediocre job at testing the new patches or at least fixing them in a decent amount of time. We still have bugs from the early stages of the game that should’ve been fixed months ago, so no, it is not “showing improvement”. Even the new patches are glitchy, laggy, and sometimes just plain don’t work. Sanctum Sprint stopped working for me after the 50th run of it. It just stopped giving me rewards and stopped telling me I got in first place.

Early bugs are certainly not worse than later bugs. That’s for sure. I spent 100 gold on a scepter only to not get either the gold or the scepter. I contacted Anet and they said that nothing could be done, so I lost my money and my scepter. You really believe that’s not a bad bug?

There are not “a couple of bugs”. There have to be billions of bugs in this game that Anet just doesn’t want to test for or fix. A public test server would easily fix some of those bugs.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]