Stop with Time Sinks / Dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

that’s the whole point here. it takes way way way too long.

Translation: “I want my best in slot gear now!!!.” /stamps foot

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I settled for exotics when Legendary weapons were “available”, and will continue to do so until I can actually get the parts together. As such . . . I like to think I’m a realist. Realistically, I’m not earning that Legendary or affording it anytime soon so just get comfortable and don’t think about “could have been shredding things with that awesome Twilight if I wasn’t poor”.

Ascended equipments aren’t prestige items. They are simply the BiS items in the game as when exotics were back then. If they maintained exotics as the BiS gear, with its variety of methods to be acquired, then there is no problem if they introduce equipments that only bears distinct advantage in strict situations (such as agony resistance).

Saying that one should be content on having exotics because ascended isn’t necessary is like stopping at level 98 in other MMOs when the max level is 99.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I settled for exotics when Legendary weapons were “available”, and will continue to do so until I can actually get the parts together. As such . . . I like to think I’m a realist. Realistically, I’m not earning that Legendary or affording it anytime soon so just get comfortable and don’t think about “could have been shredding things with that awesome Twilight if I wasn’t poor”.

Ascended equipments aren’t prestige items. They are simply the BiS items in the game as when exotics were back then. If they maintained exotics as the BiS gear, with its variety of methods to be acquired, then there is no problem if they introduce equipments that only bears distinct advantage in strict situations (such as agony resistance).

Saying that one should be content on having exotics because ascended isn’t necessary is like stopping at level 98 in other MMOs when the max level is 99.

No offense, but in one game I stopped at 4500 when the max level was 9999. It just wasn’t worth the grind and the power difference was much easier to make up in other methods.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

It’s simple logic o.O.

Logic, even simple logic, is often wasted on the irrational.

this is priceless.

No, actually your quote made it priceless. XD. Hint: the irrational.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

haha you have to attack me because you have no response to my argument.

GG!

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

No offense, but in one game I stopped at 4500 when the max level was 9999. It just wasn’t worth the grind and the power difference was much easier to make up in other methods.

If the power increase from this items isn’t important, remove them. They are clearly useless and unwanted.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

If the power increase from this items isn’t important, remove them. They are clearly useless and unwanted.

I’m not talking about Ascended gear here, and I sincerely doubt you know the game series I’m talking about. Trust me, you would hate it, it’s grind-tastic.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

darkace.8925

GG!

If you think that was an attack…

But let’s assume for a moment it was. Just a few minutes ago you posted…

my you must have a good life.

Pot, meet kettle.

vespers.1759

yup. they could easily add AR without needing to stick it into gear, and that AR could be changed to only come from fractals since that’s the only place it is needed in. that way fractal runners could progress and everyone else could be unaffected.

there was no need to add a new gear tier and then make it so ridiculous to get. i don’t even mind new tiers of gear, but the time and methods of getting ascended is just bad.

if the new tier came from dungeons and such i’d be okay with it.

kenshinakh.3672

GG!

Vespers, I think you’re missing the point of ascended. I’ve played here since September, and the issue back then was that the end-game was too easy to reach, even for a casual player like me. I would reach it, and then I go level another alt, and another, and another. And then delete one because I didn’t like it and remake.

However, other people just quit. Ascended was supposed to be gear that takes longer to get, and requires more effort than exotics or else it would be completely pointless. Yes, the ways of getting ascended wasn’t very great when it initially came out, but with each patch every month, they’re introducing more and more ways to get ascended, while keeping the challenge and time to get ascended relatively the same.

You can’t expect ascended to be easy to get as Exotics, but you can expect so many new content that ties to ascended, letting you have more variety of gameplay of getting it instead of just one or two. It’ll take time, but results are showing already with the recent patches.

vespers.1759

GG!

If you think that was an attack…

But let’s assume for a moment it was. Just a few minutes ago you posted…

my you must have a good life.

Pot, meet kettle.

you’re still ignoring my argument!

stof.9341

I’m not talking about Ascended gear here, and I sincerely doubt you know the game series I’m talking about. Trust me, you would hate it, it’s grind-tastic.

Disgaea comes to mind. There are benefits to grinding to level 9999, and then rebirthing your chars to level 1 and do it again a couple times :p

Leo Paul.1659

Although it doesn’t affect you as you are ok with it, technically, you’ve merely decided to settle [quit] at a certain point because not finishing the game as originally intended by the design doesn’t bother you. Like deciding to stop reading a book or watching a series halfway through because you have an idea on how it’s gonna end anyway.

I agree that ascended stats should have been removed. Just stick with agony resistance. Or make ascended equipments acquirable via all the methods available for the rest of the tiers [from masterwork to exotic].

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

vespers.1759

GG!

Vespers, I think you’re missing the point of ascended. I’ve played here since September, and the issue back then was that the end-game was too easy to reach, even for a casual player like me. I would reach it, and then I go level another alt, and another, and another. And then delete one because I didn’t like it and remake.

However, other people just quit. Ascended was supposed to be gear that takes longer to get, and requires more effort than exotics or else it would be completely pointless. Yes, the ways of getting ascended wasn’t very great when it initially came out, but with each patch every month, they’re introducing more and more ways to get ascended, while keeping the challenge and time to get ascended relatively the same.

You can’t expect ascended to be easy to get as Exotics, but you can expect so many new content that ties to ascended, letting you have more variety of gameplay of getting it instead of just one or two. It’ll take time, but results are showing already with the recent patches.

i don’t have a problem with new gear tiers. i have a problem with them saying i need to do a daily every day for YEARS to gear my characters. i have 3 80s with 3 builds each. do the math…

and since i’m not in a super guild with 400 people i’m also limited to dailies. my guild isn’t big enough to do guild missions so i guess i’m just screwed.

can you see why this is frustrating to people?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Disgaea comes to mind. There are benefits to grinding to level 9999, and then rebirthing your chars to level 1 and do it again a couple times :p

It was! And I weep for the hours which were sunk into that game when I had my PSP and public transit . . . I look at the number and go “wow what the he-double-hockey-stick?!” . . .

But, I think it was proven to me it was more efficient to level to around 2500 and reincarnate from there rather than go all the way up every time. You stored levels the same regardless, and if you could level to 2500 four timms in significantly less time than to level to 9999 once (rounded of course), then it proved much better off for you.

And yes, for the record, I did admit to playing a game which was “grindy as a pepper mill”. And I found it good distracting fun for public transit at four hours a day and seven days a week.

darkace.8925

Although it doesn’t affect you as you are ok with settling, technically, you’ve merely decided to settle [quit] at a certain point because not finishing the game as originally intended by the design doesn’t bother you. Like deciding to stop reading a book or watching a series because you have an idea on how it’s gonna end anyway.

Not even close. The “design of the game” isn’t gear. That’s the whole point. BiS gear is great if that’s your personal goal, but the game wasn’t designed around it. It was designed to let you enjoy the various aspects without requiring your to have BiS gear.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Although it doesn’t affect you as you are ok with it, technically, you’ve merely decided to settle [quit] at a certain point because not finishing the game as originally intended by the design doesn’t bother you. Like deciding to stop reading a book or watching a series halfway through because you have an idea on how it’s gonna end anyway.

Technically it’s more like hearing that one spoiler which makes you realize the rest of the series after your current point isn’t worth watching,. Kind of like what I do (with great relish) to people watching Lost, Fringe, or X-Files. There is something about watching the crushing despair when they realize their hopes aren’t going to be met.

By the way, there are tons of people who agree with me that Wheel of Time was a great series so long as you don’t go past book . . . four? . . . Or that you pretend Highlander only had one movie, no TV series, and no sequels.

kenshinakh.3672

GG!

i don’t have a problem with new gear tiers. i have a problem with them saying i need to do a daily every day for YEARS to gear my characters. i have 3 80s with 3 builds each. do the math…

and since i’m not in a super guild with 400 people i’m also limited to dailies. my guild isn’t big enough to do guild missions so i guess i’m just screwed.

can you see why this is frustrating to people?

And that’s why we’ve seen more and more ways to get Ascended. They’re all things that take time though, and you can’t do it if you decide to stick only to one method. Run fractals, do dailies, try to do guild things.

Also, with nearly each content month patch they do, they’ve added new ways to get ascended. I don’t see that trend stopping anytime soon. They might not be your preferred way of getting ascended, but that doesn’t mean they’re the only way. Just do a little bit of all the ways, and you’ll find things much better and more interesting. Even I’d be bored if I had to only craft my exotics, or only run COF for my exotics. It just becomes a matter of spreading out the activities, or waiting for new activities that offer what you want.

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Note: I am not pointing the finger at anyone, but generally:

If you wanna be competitive, go to sPvP. There is no such thing as “fair play” or “1v1” in WvW unless you and your enemy from the other server plans it out. If you do encounter a situation where you and an enemy are fighting each other 1v1, then that has very little impact on WvW itself, or on the score. If i see someone from my server fighting an enemy, i will join in and kill the enemy whether you like it or not(i wont pass a free kill just because you want to 1v1) as i know many of you out there will do the same.

If you just want Ascended gear NOW because you “cant” WvW otherwise, then all you are is a bully who is trying to get better gear to pick on people who dont have said gear. You are not competitive, you are not competing against anyone, you dont even know the name of the person who you are killing(or who is killing you), there is no competition going on(maybe in your head).

I saw a level 34 ranger(upscaled) in blues kill a level 80 warrior with Visions of the Mist & CoF Armor(exotics) 1v1 by playing it smart, and twice. If he can do that(consistently too), but you cant pass the smaller barrier of 10% more damage Ascended gear provides, then you are the one that’s bad.

Edit: By this example, the warrior who earned his pve gear, got owned by a low lvl wvw ranger. Similarly, the player who earned his ascended gear in pve(ascended gear is not obtainable in wvw yet), will get owned by a wvw player who has inferior gear but knows his thing.

(edited by Turtle Dragon.9241)

Leo Paul.1659

Although it doesn’t affect you as you are ok with settling, technically, you’ve merely decided to settle [quit] at a certain point because not finishing the game as originally intended by the design doesn’t bother you. Like deciding to stop reading a book or watching a series because you have an idea on how it’s gonna end anyway.

Not even close. The “design of the game” isn’t gear. That’s the whole point. BiS gear is great if that’s your personal goal, but the game wasn’t designed around it. It was designed to let you enjoy the various aspects without requiring your to have BiS gear.

Again, most games are like this. You can leave your character at level 98 instead of maxing it to 99 and still enjoy every aspect of the game. But doing so only makes you content in not reaching the ceiling imposed by the designers.

So let me ask you, why then would people want to reach level 99 instead of 98, to equip exotics instead of rares? That’s the answer as to why people want to get ascended too. But the effort:reward ratio initially introduced in guild wars (in terms of base BiS equipments) have been kittened off by the ascended tier. If they made ascended equips available through all the methods viable for the other tiers, it would’ve been ok. But it already took them so much time and yet the only solution they’ve found is time-gating.

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

stof.9341

And that’s why we’ve seen more and more ways to get Ascended. They’re all things that take time though, and you can’t do it if you decide to stick only to one method. Run fractals, do dailies, try to do guild things.

Also, with nearly each content month patch they do, they’ve added new ways to get ascended. I don’t see that trend stopping anytime soon. They might not be your preferred way of getting ascended, but that doesn’t mean they’re the only way. Just do a little bit of all the ways, and you’ll find things much better and more interesting. Even I’d be bored if I had to only craft my exotics, or only run COF for my exotics. It just becomes a matter of spreading out the activities, or waiting for new activities that offer what you want.

They did? Didn’t notice. So far we had to run fractals to get the rings. Then they added a time gated way to get them with laurels. Problem is, I HAVE to use those laurels to get the necklace, so I cannot spend them for rings. So in the end, they didn’t really add a new way to get the rings.

As for that, then necklaces still only have one way to get them : Laurels. The mystic crafted one doesn’t count since it’s only one bad stat set it provides.

So far, they didn’t add new ways to get the ascended gear I for me.

kenshinakh.3672

They did? Didn’t notice. So far we had to run fractals to get the rings. Then they added a time gated way to get them with laurels. Problem is, I HAVE to use those laurels to get the necklace, so I cannot spend them for rings. So in the end, they didn’t really add a new way to get the rings.

As for that, then necklaces still only have one way to get them : Laurels. The mystic crafted one doesn’t count since it’s only one bad stat set it provides.

Let’s see, they have Fractals, fractal dailies, hmm, RNG in fractals, Laurels which ties in with your Monthly and Daily, and Guild Missions too. They don’t have the stat you want, but that doesn’t mean they didn’t add new ways of getting ascended gear. The point of ascended gear is not so you can play exactly as you’ve been doing now and how you got exotics. It’s supposed to be part of a whole ton of new content that you advance onto. The choice wasn’t so great when it came out initially, but we’re already seeing Anet adding more ways to get it. Eventually, there should be enough content/ways to get ascended at the rate they go.

darkace.8925

So let me ask you, why then would people want to reach level 99 instead of 98, to equip exotics instead of rares? That’s the answer as to why people want to get ascended too. But the effort:reward ratio initially introduced in guild wars (in terms of base BiS equipments) have been kittened off by the ascended tier.

I think stopping at 98 instead of getting 99 is more akin to not equipping an amulet rather than equipping a masterwork amulet over a BiS one. But I respect that you might not feel the same way.

Now let me ask you a question. If that last level, 99, is a boring grind…one offering no enjoyment and minimal benefit…why do it? If you can do everything almost as well at 98, why subject yourself to something you don’t need and won’t enjoy?

Too many of you are hung up on gear scores (which the game doesn’t even have). This is compounded by a widespread sense of entitlement. Far too many gamers feel they’re entitled to BiS gear with little or no invested effort. So many of you are so conditioned to chase the BiS that you’ve forgotten the fundamental purpose of video games…to have fun.

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

darkace: This has nothing to do with entitlement. The term entitlement bares a different meaning and condition than how you are using it.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

stof.9341

Do you need to repeat three times the same thing to make your point? To get ring you got :
- fractal dailies
- laurels which I need to use for necklace first

It gives us one way and a half. That’s hardly diversity in my book.

The fact the necklace one can get through craft doesn’t have the stats we want is VERY relevant. What next? ANet adds the ability to craft a “Boon Duration, Condition Duration,Magic Find” ring and now they are good guys cause you can get the rings through craft? Nonsense. The only reason one can mystic forge that necklace is because the exotic counterpart was a HECK of a huge grind to get and people were complaining.

Strange, people complain when their hard worked for exotics suddenly become obsolete and you need to replace them. Who would have thought ?

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Another thing to consider is that at some point, our Achievement points would retroactively give us Laurels, allowing a more quicker acquisition of Ascended gear. In other words, the time-gate on currently earning these pieces is simply temporary.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Well that kind of what video games are for a time filler. A lot like books that have a story they tend to be more of a time filler then any thing else its just if the time fillers are fun or not. I for one like what GW2 has the offer for a time sink i seen a lot worst out there in single players games.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

darkace.8925

Obtained from Fractals? “I don’t want to grind a dungeon for BiS gear.”
Obtained from Dailies? “I don’t want to wait to get BiS gear.”
Obtained via Gold? “It don’t want to grind gold for BiS gear.”
Obtained from Gem Store? “I don’t want to pay2win for BiS gear.”
Obtained from challenging fights? “It’s too hard to get BiS gear.”

What’s left? Do you people seriously think BiS gear obtained with no investment of time or effort?

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

What’s left? Do you people seriously think BiS gear obtained with no investment of time or effort?

Your post has nothing to do with what the quoted post was talking about. They never said anything about the effort it took to get them. They didn’t want things handed to them at all. They are talking about wanting alternate methods of obtaining Ascended gear.

Read before you post.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

darkace.8925

Strange, people complain when their hard worked for exotics suddenly become obsolete and you need to replace them. Who would have thought?

If exotic equipment is obsolete, then why am I able to do everything you can do with ascended equipment in exotics?

stof.9341

What are you talking about? I’m commenting that ANet still didn’t add more ways to get ascended gear despite them saying they’ll do it.

Also, as to your last question, yes it should. I sincerely believe it should. I bought that game because I was lead to believe it would be like that.

kenshinakh.3672

Do you need to repeat three times the same thing to make your point? To get ring you got :
- fractal dailies
- laurels which I need to use for necklace first

It gives us one way and a half. That’s hardly diversity in my book.

The fact the necklace one can get through craft doesn’t have the stats we want is VERY relevant. What next? ANet adds the ability to craft a “Boon Duration, Condition Duration,Magic Find” ring and now they are good guys cause you can get the rings through craft? Nonsense. The only reason one can mystic forge that necklace is because the exotic counterpart was a HECK of a huge grind to get and people were complaining.

Strange, people complain when their hard worked for exotics suddenly become obsolete and you need to replace them. Who would have thought ?

Need? There’s no need to replace exotics. You could if you want to though. You do get rewarded for doing the new content though since they require more work than exotics.
You don’t have to use dailies to get your necklace, but you could if you want to be “efficient”. You’re still allowed to get rings, and a lot of other things with those laurels, and if you’ve been doing Fractals once every couple of days since release, you’d have no problem with rings.

And… I wouldn’t call exotics hard work. In fact, I’ve played one month with level 78 exotics because I didn’t feel like getting 80 Exotics. I’ve played dungeons on my alts using full Rare gear, and no one noticed. Lol.

If you haven’t noticed, some ascended gear for certain stats are missing, but they’ll be added later, like the most recent patch added rings my friend’s builds use.

The point is, they are adding more ways to get ascended parts. It’s not all the parts at one spot, but it’s not like they’re going to stop adding more ways, right?

stof.9341

My point is, they aren’t adding more ways to get ascended parts. The rings are still stuck with “do fractals” or “use the precious laurels and buy the rings at a very suboptimal price” And the 3rd update came and seems stuck in that mindset with the “do guild missions for earrings or use laurels at a very very very suboptimal price”

darkace.8925

Also, as to your last question, yes it should. I sincerely believe it should. I bought that game because I was lead to believe it would be like that.

If you truly believe that, then you grossly misinterpreted something somewhere along the way.

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

Take this into consideration.

Other games: You need 23+ other guild members to get the end all be all of gear and it takes 4-6 months to fully deck yourself out.

Guild Wars 2: End game content can be done solo without the need of 23+ other guild members to get the gear. It takes 4-6 months to deck yourself out.

I said deck yourself out, not your entire account out. You shouldn’t be able to deck an entire account out in 4-6 months of game play because otherwise companies will lose money. While you might be able to get some pieces in other games you won’t be able to deck more than one fully out unless your guild is led by idiots or it has really kitteny loot drops.

I love this game for the simple fact, I don’t need 23+ other idiots to get the gear I want. I don’t fight over it with a DKP system or lose because of some stupid RnG. I earn it by completing dailies/monthlies, doing guild missions, and no I am not fully decked out in ascended gear and won’t be for a long time.

The biggest selling point of this game is you aren’t fighting 23+ people for the loot you earn. Note: I take 23+ as this is a normal raid system in most other online games. This has been brought down to 10+, but you do not receive the end all be all gear of a game with that little people.

That’s nice and all, but ANet already said that GW2 wouldn’t be “other games”.

Oh well. Guess they lied/forgot to implement the things that make it unique.

Off I go to do my daily and wait until the next one comes along. Yippee!!! Such fun.

All this talk of “b-b-b-but ANet said we would get other ways to obtain them” is just silly. How long has it been now since we had Ascended rings introduced? How long did it take them to give us another method of obtaining them? That’s right. A long time. And what is the end result? Spend more for ONE ring than you do for an amulet. L O L That is just pure genius…

I really feel bad for gamers who think this methodology is “ok”. Sad state of affairs today in gaming.

Ascended gear should be obtainable just like EVERY other piece of gear: multiple ways. Either pay the gold price, the karma price, the dungeon token price, or do the dailies.

Forcing people into ONE or TWO methods of obtaining gear is silly and will ultimately destroy your playerbase. Have fun listening to ANet preach “we’ll have other ways of obtaining soon” until the expansion.

(edited by somsom.5201)

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

With very little time investment, yes. I don’t need the game to grant me stats to tell me how good I can play. I’d rather let my skill decide.

GW2 was supposed to be our refuge. Free of gear grind, just as GW1 was. If you want the treadmill every single other MMO is waiting for you with open arms. The players that don’t like that have no where else to go.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

vespers.1759

Strange, people complain when their hard worked for exotics suddenly become obsolete and you need to replace them. Who would have thought?

If exotic equipment is obsolete, then why am I able to do everything you can do with ascended equipment in exotics?

1. by “can” do you mean you can go in and attempt, or that you can complete it? because technically you could enter a dungeon/wvwvw naked. doesn’t mean you’re going to do well.

you can complete dungeons and maybe do well in pvp with 80 rares, or 35 whites. does that mean exotics are irrelevant.

2. you cannot do high level fractals without having multiple ascended items with AR.

so another fail argument here.

(edited by vespers.1759)

darkace.8925

Off I go to do my daily and wait until the next one comes along. Yippee!!! Such fun.

If you don’t enjoy it, then why do it? Oh yeah, gotta keep up with the virtual Joneses. Illogical, but I guess it’s your prerogative.

somsom.5201

If you don’t enjoy it, then why do it? Oh yeah, gotta keep up with the virtual Joneses. Illogical, but I guess it’s your prerogative.

Considering Ascended is the end tier, then yea, I DO need to keep up with the Joneses. Saying otherwise is silly. But keep deceiving yourself if that’s your idea of fun.

darkace.8925

1. by “can” do you mean you can go in and attempt, or that you can complete it? because technically you could enter a dungeon/wvwvw naked. doesn’t mean you’re going to do well.

The only thing I can’t successfully complete using just exotics is Fractals, and that’s because Fractals is never-ending. So I’ll say it again, this time with no ambiguity: There is NOTHING you can successfully complete with full ascended gear that I can’t successfully complete with full exotics.

vespers.1759

The only thing I can’t successfully complete using just exotics is Fractals, and that’s because Fractals is never-ending. So I’ll say it again, this time with no ambiguity: There is NOTHING you can successfully complete with full ascended gear that I can’t successfully complete with full exotics.

except fractals…

and if people can complete everything with lower tiers of gear wouldn’t that also make exotics useless?

see where this goes?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

So you only NEED it in higher level fractals and PvP. Well since I don’t do either, well I do WvW but I don’t treat it as “serious business”.

So carry on, it’ll give me something to read while working.

Why would you need it for WvW? If your on your own you already failed at wvw. If your in a group your gear dose not mean much boons do.

You sort of missed the point of me not treating WvW as “serious business”. I find it enjoyable but I go in fully realizing I’m going to lose 99% of the time in a one on one situation. That’s because 1) I’ve never been good at any PvP content in any game on any system (other than camping and sniping but that normally doesn’t last long), I simply don’t have lighting fast reflexes or coordination to do well at it; and 2) it was X on one. Pretty sure that ascended gear wouldn’t help in either situation.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

somsom.5201

Or any of the myriad of groups starting to require Ascended gear. We all know that Exotic is a requirement now. To suggest that Ascended won’t be at some point…please, don’t kid yourself.

Have fun trying to re-spec in the future. I hope you enjoy 6 more months of dailies. I sure don’t.

darkace.8925

except fractals…

You can complete individual Fractals without ascended gear. You cannot Fractals as a whole, ascended gear or no, because it’s infinite.

and if people can complete everything with lower tiers of gear wouldn’t that also make exotics useless?

Exotic gear, like ascended gear, is not useless. But neither is it a requirement. It’s a luxury; nothing more, nothing less. If guys want to bash your heads against a wall doing things you don’t enjoy for luxuries, go ahead. I think it’s foolish, but it’s your prerogative.

darkace.8925

Or any of the myriad of groups starting to require Ascended gear. We all know that Exotic is a requirement now. To suggest that Ascended won’t be at some point…please, don’t kid yourself.

Name one thing…just one…that I cannot do unless I have exotic equipment. Not ascended…exotic. Just one…

vespers.1759

except fractals…

You can complete individual Fractals without ascended gear. You cannot Fractals as a whole, ascended gear or no, because it’s infinite.

Exotic gear, like ascended gear, is not useless. But neither is it a requirement. It’s a luxury; nothing more, nothing less. If guys want to bash your heads against a wall doing things you don’t enjoy for luxuries, go ahead. I think it’s foolish, but it’s your prerogative.

technically fractals is not infinite it ends after level 80. you also can’t progress to that point without ascended gear.

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Name one thing…just one…that I cannot do unless I have exotic equipment. Not ascended…exotic. Just one…

You can do lots of things while being unnecessarily restricted. But not many people like to be disadvantaged.

How bout give everyone equal stats and let skill and effort decide who deserves to win/move through content?

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

(edited by Geikamir.6329)

Posted by: salameri.3768

salameri.3768

So you guys are all those people I keep having to rezz in PUGS. Get real people. Wear exotics and quit screwing around. Its not fair to others who are staying alive to have to waste time and doing dps and risk ourselves and armor repair prices to ressurect players who cannot equip exotics.

Saad Swordrage (Warrior Main), Joker Deceptor (Mesmer) Guild-The Betrayed, Server- DRAGONBRAND

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Again, learn to read. He is talking about groups requiring you to be fully geared in exotics. Speed clear groups do this a lot for example.

You seem to have a lot of trouble reading what is actually being said before you open your mouth to something unrelated. Take the time to read first before responding. Will save you the trouble of having to explain yourself later.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

darkace.8925

some of us enjoy being relevant

So having ascended gear makes you relevant, and having exotic gear makes you irrelevant? My good sir/madam, I do believe you’re doing it wrong.