Suck at Love (Banned)

Suck at Love (Banned)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

Bottom line should be that people should know better than to use bots…ESPECIALLY if they have an innocent lil bro or something playing on the same IP. :/

One never really knows who bots and who doesnt. This kinda proves that. That video’s comments (when I watched it), were all apologetic “I hope it gets sorted” types of comments, even one from arguably the biggest GW2 Youtuber out there. Then Gaile pretty much exposes the person, and the video is instantly made private. It’s sad, really. It especially irks me when the people get caught and then play the raging victim card.

Yeah I hate that too, I’d had the utmost sympathy for them until Gaile made her post, now I feel like I’ve been taken advantage of but I’ll get over it.

Server: Gate of Madness

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Considering the threads with husbands lamenting their wives’ ban (or vice versa), with their own accounts in good standing, I’d be surprised to hear about blanket IP bans.

Then there was the guy who got banned because he logged onto the account of a cheater or let a cheater log on to his account for some reason. So his account’s IP was associated with the account of a cheater. The cheater got banned and all associated IP’s got hit as well. I’m actually shocked they unbanned him since he admitted to account sharing.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

Bottom line should be that people should know better than to use bots…ESPECIALLY if they have an innocent lil bro or something playing on the same IP. :/

One never really knows who bots and who doesnt. This kinda proves that. That video’s comments (when I watched it), were all apologetic “I hope it gets sorted” types of comments, even one from arguably the biggest GW2 Youtuber out there. Then Gaile pretty much exposes the person, and the video is instantly made private. It’s sad, really. It especially irks me when the people get caught and then play the raging victim card.

Yeah I hate that too, I’d had the utmost sympathy for them until Gaile made her post, now I feel like I’ve been taken advantage of but I’ll get over it.

This, pretty much.

Kiss the chaos.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Considering the threads with husbands lamenting their wives’ ban (or vice versa), with their own accounts in good standing, I’d be surprised to hear about blanket IP bans.

Then there was the guy who got banned because he logged onto the account of a cheater or let a cheater log on to his account for some reason. So his account’s IP was associated with the account of a cheater. The cheater got banned and all associated IP’s got hit as well. I’m actually shocked they unbanned him since he admitted to account sharing.

That’s not necessarily an IP ban. The computer can undoubtably see your display name and it might be able to see or identify different computers that access the accounts. Logging in on another account from your computer might mean the display name is visible and the computer’s ID is visible, leading to that account being banned as a follow up ban.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Progress. Nothing is worse on a games rep than a handful of players using and getting away with an unfair advantage.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: foxcat.4096

foxcat.4096

Lmao more like suck at cheating.

Pretty effective way to completely destroy your reputation especially lying and pleading innocence after you where caught out.

Justice has been served.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Falanu.4289

Falanu.4289

Customer Support has carefully reviewed the data that resulted in the termination of the game account in question. They verified that this account accessed 29 map points in under 60 seconds. It is not possible to accomplish this without the use of a third-party program, the kind of program that is expressly forbidden by our User Agreement and our Rules of Conduct.

Because of these facts, the account termination will not be reversed.

Awesome statement, thank you very much.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

The video’s gone private now. I wonder why?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

Customer Support has carefully reviewed the data that resulted in the termination of the game account in question. They verified that this account accessed 29 map points in under 60 seconds. It is not possible to accomplish this without the use of a third-party program, the kind of program that is expressly forbidden by our User Agreement and our Rules of Conduct.

What if someone used a network of mesmer portals and/or teleport to friend consumables?

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Rio.4259

Rio.4259

What if someone used a network of mesmer portals and/or teleport to friend consumables?

29 of them in 60 seconds? I dunno about that…

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Since the person being discussed was banned today, it’s likely they were part of the mega Wintersday JP botting ban, which means Teleport to a Friend and mesmer portals wouldn’t be the case because neither can be used there.

Even if they were banned for a different area of the game, it’s still a bit suspicious to move that much in that amount of time. I mean, there’d be loading screens anytime a waypoint or Teleport to Friend happened. Even if they load very, very quickly, those seconds would still add up.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Glad everyone is treated the same. In a couple other games, this isn’t the case. Given these folks popularity, ya’ll will probably be bashed to hell in every venue their supporters can manage. But know there are players that appreciate all the effort to keep the game legit.

Especially those of us who spent hours raging to complete the puzzle.

I quite literally raged on that puzzle even after turning down all my settings, especially the couple of times I just barely didn’t make it, especially the invisible snowballs. But I did all three paths once and admit I did like the gingerbread men at the end very much. If I ever do the puzzle again It’d be to see them, already have stock of presents ready that I’ve been saving for such a bot ban.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

….First off, sorry about my little rant earlier. Now….I’m thinking if Suck at Love really did cheat, I find it really strange that they changed the video to private after Gaile’s post AND them saying they are huge fans of the gw FRANCHISE, only to say at the end of the video “we will never return even if we get our account back” I find it all mighty strange if you ask me. I am confused.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

….First off, sorry about my little rant earlier. Now….I’m thinking if Suck at Love really did cheat, I find it really strange that they changed the video to private after Gaile’s post AND them saying they are huge fans of the gw FRANCHISE, only to say at the end of the video “we will never return even if we get our account back” I find it all mighty strange if you ask me. I am confused.

Changing to private after being shown up in public is called being embarrassed. Saying you’ll never come back is trying to save face.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Look like when they see Gaile prove cheat they make video private. Do not seem strange to me because look like they get caught then make video private to hide rant and not be to embarrass.

;)

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: foxcat.4096

foxcat.4096

They hid the video as damage control as it was proved beyond a doubt that they cheated

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Post to fix forum bug. Gaile please ban the forum bug that make this problem

I got infracted for doing the forum bug fix post…

On topic: banning everyone in a household for one person botting would be bad.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

What even ARE map points?

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Dan Daze.9854

Dan Daze.9854

On topic: banning everyone in a household for one person botting would be bad.

Why? More peer pressure not to bot that way.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

But don’t worry they’ll get unbanned.

Meanwhile a fellow guild mate of mine pretty much got told by support to suck it up and there’s no chance of reversing his actions (accused of botting for multi-boxing).

Yep good stuff.

29 map points in under 60 seconds? No. I think they’re done for. At least this account that got banned is.

I’ll never understanding cheating in a video game. What is the point of playing if you feel you have to cheat? Why bother?

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Dimi Gravedancer.1463

Dimi Gravedancer.1463

Some weeks ago i seen an hacker making his/her grind mobs unatackable for otehrs. she used an shine golden buff or so.

I would suggest to include souch “buff” checks to.

Are you sure the shiny gold buff wasn’t just this? It doesn’t make you undetectable by mobs, but it does give you a gold glow if you’ve used it in Auric Basin. I’d suggest you be careful with those types of allegations, or else you might end up falsely reporting people… :/

Gonna say not, I have reported once a long long time ago for the same thing. There is apparently a program out there to make mobs that only you can attack.

I Can outrun a Centaur!!! Crap TREE!!!!

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

But don’t worry they’ll get unbanned.

Meanwhile a fellow guild mate of mine pretty much got told by support to suck it up and there’s no chance of reversing his actions (accused of botting for multi-boxing).

Yep good stuff.

29 map points in under 60 seconds? No. I think they’re done for. At least this account that got banned is.

I’ll never understanding cheating in a video game. What is the point of playing if you feel you have to cheat? Why bother?

Some people’s lives are so sad they only feel good about themselves if they can think they’re superior to others in a video game.

Also, people have cheated at Solitaire since before computers were invented!

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

kitten , I wanted Ranger and Mesmer songs… Silly kids.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

video down but some one took a cap of the pic/comment on it

http://imgur.com/Jq9mMjm

Got what they deserved for cheating

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Rio.4259

Rio.4259

What’s really sad to me is that after watching their videos….I can see they put a lot of love and effort into them. To throw all of that away by botting a jumping puzzle, just boggles my mind.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

I think with that 10k drinks achievement and the huge amount of flipping that has been going on with said drinks and wintersday gifts on the TP, a lot of formerly not so tempted players got tempted to use a wintersday JP botting script.

Im not saying it is Anets fault… but maybe, in the future, this could be kept in mind when adding such achievements? Thanks.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Gaile, I want to comment on something that was happening to me earlier today in the Wintersday JP. I do not know if the person banned in this thread was in the jumping puzzle or not.

I abhor cheating, so I am adamant in saying I am the least likely person to sympathise with anyone who does so. I have also completed the JP MANY times before and today was the first time I saw odd behaviour.

For no conclusive reason I could determine my character in the JP was being randomly ported around the Wintersday Jumping Puzzle map. It happened repeatedly in several specific locations, being when I jumped onto the candy cane ledges and jumped onto the boxes that pop. Nothing was out of the ordinary, just running, jumping then a loading screen and I would be in a different location.

The result would usually end up with me being taken back to the start, but a few occasions it would randomly take me out to map locations I don’t think you could normally access.

I have 3 screenshots which I took at the time I was taken out of the map area, albeit taken on the potato PC I was running on at the time.. If these will help corroborate the issue I will attach them to a post here.

You now have me petrified with your comment of being in “multiple map points in a short amount of time”, since the bug I encountered might represent the same data to the server?

I continued attempting to finish the JP for a short time, maybe 10 minutes before exiting the map in confusion.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Evasiion.3859

Evasiion.3859

I don’t know, this is quite a thing for anet to do. Half of me agrees, yet the other half is a bit questioning of why Suck at Love would go private? by going private does that mean they were cheating and busted or doing it just to clean up their image? :o

Incinerator/Meteorlogicus/Sunrise/Bifrost.
Syllariana, Ghostly Eva, M Ë S, Scarletta Marie, D R Ä K E.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

What’s really sad to me is that after watching their videos….I can see they put a lot of love and effort into them. To throw all of that away by botting a jumping puzzle, just boggles my mind.

I agree

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Hybrid.7059

Hybrid.7059

This whole situation is so hilarious. Their entire youtube existence and fanbase is based on guild wars 2. Like, at what point do you sit there and decide you should risk everything you’ve worked hard to build up on, by cheating (in the jumping puzzle i’m assuming)? Perhaps they needed material for their upcoming song about sucking at cheating but they forgot it was against the rules? I just don’t get people like this. RIP

Suck at Love (Banned)

reapex.8546

I think with that 10k drinks achievement and the huge amount of flipping that has been going on with said drinks and wintersday gifts on the TP, a lot of formerly not so tempted players got tempted to use a wintersday JP botting script.

Im not saying it is Anets fault… but maybe, in the future, this could be kept in mind when adding such achievements? Thanks.

Temptation will always be there in all games, in all areas of life. But its up to the person to decide whether or not they will give into temptation. The Wintersday shoulder pieces require grinding, if you don’t want to grind or if it’s too much for you then don’t do it. There are plenty of other achievements out there to be made, in my opinion. Example: Getting a legendary illegally can be pretty tempting but is it worth it? The player makes the choice then (my answer is no, it’s not worth it).

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Gaile, been thinking about this a bit while waiting in PvP Q’s. Maybe Anet should carefully review what’s motivating people to “break bad” if you will? Maybe the economic policies of late should be reviewed? Since HoT launched there’s been a lot of threads complaining of the grind, the feeling of hopelessness toward goals, and general lack of “good feeling” about the game. If this ban wave had such volume, I’m concerned what drove a player to choose such behavior.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Sae.6834

Sae.6834

So Anet should avoid adding difficult (or in this case time consuming) achievements because people might cheat to get them? What about the much larger part of the playerbase who do such achievements legitimately for the challenge or bragging rights?

People who cheat are going to cheat. People who are on the fence about cheating but are tempted to bot by a shiny skin/achievement/title might deserve a bit of a break to figure out their priorities.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Yasi.9065

For all those afraid now of a bit of a lagrun causing a ban…

Please remember, if you loose connection to server due to high ping, timeout, whatever… you can keep on moving on client side. As soon as you get a connection to server, the server will correct your position if you are too far from where you lost connection → you get ported back.

In case of wintersday JP, if your connection was lost for a long enough time, you died on server and get ported to beginning of JP.

Thing is… those “map points”… which btw is usually something to do with how pathing on virtual – or real – maps is being calculated… you cross during a lag run, you only cross on client, not serverside. The data Gaile Gray posted (29 in 60s) though is serverside

So no, a lagrun shouldnt result in a ban The time of mmo’s correcting client to serverside instead of vice versa are long gone.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

How could they do something so evil?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Yasi.9065

So Anet should avoid adding difficult (or in this case time consuming) achievements because people might cheat to get them? What about the much larger part of the playerbase who do such achievements legitimately for the challenge or bragging rights?

People who cheat are going to cheat. People who are on the fence about cheating but are tempted to bot by a shiny skin/achievement/title might deserve a bit of a break to figure out their priorities.

Difficult to get isnt the same as mindless grinding, sorry. Ive grinded my way through that achievement. For me there was absolutely nothing difficult about doing that JP around 1k times. If anet had added other increasingly difficult things which reward more gifts according to rate of difficulty, and THOSE things had been botted, then yeah… Id absolutely agree with you.
But lets face it… wintersday JP is challenging for the first few successful tries, but after around the 100 mark, it just gets boring, and the REAL challenge is staying awake.
Forcing people to do it even though its no challenge at all anymore, just to get an achievement, sorry, but thats the definition of “grind”.

Difficult achievements for bragging? Now thats all what Im for. God, Id love to get some of those anytime again. But no, 10k drinks is NOT difficult. It is a grindfest.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Sae.6834

Sae.6834

Difficult to get isnt the same as mindless grinding, sorry. Ive grinded my way through that achievement. For me there was absolutely nothing difficult about doing that JP around 1k times. If anet had added other increasingly difficult things which reward more gifts according to rate of difficulty, and THOSE things had been botted, then yeah… Id absolutely agree with you.
But lets face it… wintersday JP is challenging for the first few successful tries, but after around the 100 mark, it just gets boring, and the REAL challenge is staying awake.
Forcing people to do it even though its no challenge at all anymore, just to get an achievement, sorry, but thats the definition of “grind”.

Difficult achievements for bragging? Now thats all what Im for. God, Id love to get some of those anytime again. But no, 10k drinks is NOT difficult. It is a grindfest.

I specified that this achievement (10k drinks) is time consuming rather than difficult. You’re right, after the first few tries, the JP is more muscle memory than challenge. I did the grind as well.

It would’ve been nice if the thing that kept Winter’s Presence difficult to get was an achievement that was challenging rather than grindy, maybe some sort of Migraine-ish Wintersday boss. Maybe Tixx’s instance hard mode.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Cypix Kull.5492

Cypix Kull.5492

Oh wow… Kind a sad.

I cheated several times before(maybe a couple of times in this game) got banned and I totally deserved it.

I’m actually tempted to bot too but I just don’t want to install any applications that I don’t really use often. And oh… I blame WvWvW for the rarely use of my pc.

Suck at Love (Banned)

reapex.8546

There are various other ways to get the achievement that are not tied to the JP.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The achievement can bypass the JP. The snow-aura shoulders absolutely require it.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Suck at Love (Banned)

reapex.8546

The achievement can bypass the JP. The snow-aura shoulders absolutely require it.

As far as I know, you’re only require to complete it 3 times. By I could be wrong, since I decided not to pursue the shoulders this year.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If you have a laggy connection like mine you’ll never complete it even once, much less three times!

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Iceblue.8051

Iceblue.8051

I was in a jp instance yesterday. A guy had probably pressed down on auto run. He kept porting to the started area (the bonfire) and running off the ledge. He was probably dying and reappearing every half a second – so 29 ports in under a minute makes sense to me. I don’t know? Is pushing down auto running and going AFK botting?

It happens to be I asked in chat if it was a bot, and others said it was probably someone who just wanted to stay in the instance. The instance actually bugged when the timer got to zero. Me and 2 others stayed in the instance and were able to continue jumping and getting rewards with out a problem. I was worried it was against the EULA to stay in that bugged instance, so after doing the jp twice or three times I left.

td;lr I can see how someone could “accessed 29 map points in under 60 seconds” and it shouldn’t be considered botting.

Charr Engineer

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

I was in a jp instance yesterday. A guy had probably pressed down on auto run. He kept porting to the started area (the bonfire) and running off the ledge. He was probably dying and reappearing every half a second – so 29 ports in under a minute makes sense to me. I don’t know? Is pushing down auto running and going AFK botting?

It happens to be I asked in chat if it was a bot, and others said it was probably someone who just wanted to stay in the instance. The instance actually bugged when the timer got to zero. Me and 2 others stayed in the instance and were able to continue jumping and getting rewards with out a problem. I was worried it was against the EULA to stay in that bugged instance, so after doing the jp twice or three times I left.

td;lr I can see how someone could “accessed 29 map points in under 60 seconds” and it shouldn’t be considered botting.

you can’t reach 29 map points in that time, Gaile is most likely referring to map exploration and not the jp…

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Suck at Love (Banned)

DeathReign.7821

As much as I want to believe Suck At Love didn’t bot, their reaction in the video and then the reaction of making it private after being called out by Gaile aren’t the reactions of an innocent person. I personally would be furious and confused, and would raise even more hell. I would certainly not delete/private the video and other videos (vlogs).

Kiss the chaos.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Who or what is Suck at Love, and why the heck should I care when this post seems to be about a cheating player… they got caught and they’ve been banned, and good riddance.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

10 K drinks need roughly 45 to 50 STACKS of gifts. While the JP, if you were good at it delivered the best rate per hour but some of us simply suck at JP. I might be able to complete it once or twice every 1/2 hour session. And that was after 10 hours of no successful runs. If it wasn’t Charrs in trenchcoats or Norns in dresses obscuring my ability to judge where to land during the snowflake run/present hop, the kitten snowman would blow me off once I got across the presents (couldn’t dodge roll, to do JPs it’s one hand on the mouse and one on the space bar) or I get hit by a tiny snowball and then crushed and pushed off the path by a large rolling one. I’m glad all those years of playing platform games on consoles and free time over semester break paid off for some of you but understand you are the exception not the rule if you did over 1000 successful JP runs.

And yes there are other activities you can farm but bell choir is maybe half the rate a good JP player can get, and that’s the second best. I happen to be karma rich but not even getting 1/2 a stack daily from buying them from the NPC. I might be able to get 8 or 9 stacks this way before running out of karma. That leaves the TP and 7+ silver a pop is way expensive.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Who or what is Suck at Love, and why the heck should I care when this post seems to be about a cheating player… they got caught and they’ve been banned, and good riddance.

They produced a number of original Guild Wars 2 songs, some quite good, and created music videos for them as well.

https://www.youtube.com/user/manisenf/videos

I think Go With Thief was their best. 511122

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Suck at Love (Banned)

DeathReign.7821

(couldn’t dodge roll, to do JPs it’s one hand on the mouse and one on the space bar)

Wait what?

Kiss the chaos.