Suck at Love (Banned)

Suck at Love (Banned)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Noein.1685

Noein.1685

Only 6 months?? Why didn’t they get a permaban?

That which has no life.

(edited by Noein.1685)

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Only 6 months?? Why isn’kitten permaban?

Because apparently the new fad over at WoW is to allow bots to get away with the goods, because some group said so.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

So someone who runs a red light (only once!) in their car should get a free pass?
Someone who steals out of the cash register at work (only once!) should only get a tap on the wrist?
You do the wrong thing, even once, there’s a chance you’ll get caught. He did.. & now he’s sorry about it only because he got repercussions.

And everyone going on about “oh, unfair IP banning for everyone in the house!”
Did they say that’s what happened? Because all I heard were that his account was banned for botting, and her account was banned probably because the 200g he sent her was a profit from botting. She was complicit whether she knew about it or not.
If she truly didn’t know about it I think it’s fair she gets the account back but, honestly, I’m skeptical.

First of all, your argument is irrelevant, botting and running red lights are not related. Nor are any of your other “examples”. Personally, I don’t feel I have the facts or the right to lay down judgment. And, I never suggested that his ban be lifted, did I? You were ok to that point, but now you are in your own fantasyland, maybe he made a million gold!!! maybe he saved 1000 puppies!!! maybe he’s really a terrorist, maybe he and his sister are BOTH terrorists, or maybe they are simple fallible human beings just like everyone else… Are you saying that if I sent 200g to someone that I should be banned, because I certainly have sent similar sums to people more than once.

Personally, I think it’s a little harsh to ban them both for a single 60 second incidence to grab a quick map completion that was never repeated, it’s not like any rewards gotten can’t be removed, but on the other hand, it’s pretty clearly botting, and totally Anet’s call, they know all the facts.

That’s all Anet spoke about (and ANet prefers not to give out details as those details help hackers figure out how to get around detection). Once ANet said that, then that’s what he admitted to. No more, no less.

He spent time researching hacks, speaking on a forum to hackers then downloading his selected hack. If anyone thinks that after all that time and effort he only used it for one minute then I’ve got some land in Florida to sell to them, with only a minor crocodile problem.

I wish I could give you many +1’s.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: anxnox.9027

anxnox.9027

Outstanding job ArenaNet. Thank you. I just bought HoT to celebrate

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

Only 6 months?? Why isn’kitten permaban?

Because they don’t work;

1. Botters who sell gold for real world cash often if not always have it budgeted into economics that new accounts & or hacked accounts will be required due to the current stock getting banned, thus they likely have a stock of inactive accounts ready to go, as long as income of cash is > than the need for expenditure of resources to make the income from it, it will continue.

2. Users who casually use the same software, often or not get caught in the drag net of any company trying to remove them (which is a fruitless exercise by the way), which for right or wrong the ban paints a bad image on the company itself, you don’t want your users running around in fear of being banned for the slightest thing, because you cannot play in a state of fear, thus users are given a temporary ban when they can be identified as not gold sellers mentioned in point (1).

In order to stop botting you simply have to reduce grind the less grind you have the less bots you’ll get because all things are obtainable by all people in a state of equality, I’m not saying that everything should be handed too you on a silver platter either, but more care needs to be taken, 10,000 drinks for example is just idiocy 101 -only- because this is an event held around Christmas! that’s the season for giving not grinding.

Server: Gate of Madness

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: anxnox.9027

anxnox.9027

10k drinks means that I’ll get it.
RNG means that I will not.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: ShelBlackblood.7826

ShelBlackblood.7826

Oh yes. This is the usual mood I always “loved” about the Guild Wars 2 forum. Visiting this site after christmas holidays was such a good idea hohoho.

Forum guys and girls, you must feel so proud and mighty right now. People cheated (or only one of them and maybe just even once, we can’t know) and they admitted it. So they got banned. And you keep bashing them and telling them how dumb and what silly kiddies you think they are. Wow, that’s so big of you! I hope you have someone at home who pats you on your shoulders and tell you “Good job telling those kitten cheaters they suck over and over again!”. Anet, just do the OP a favour and close this thread. You encourage this useless cyber mobbing by keeping this thing open. Don’t let this “discussion” sink even deeper.

~sigh~ And yes, I’m against cheating and didn’t even know Suck at Love’s YT channel before, the songs are quite good btw. But most commenters here are not much better than cheaters. If someone does something wrong it’s usually not the best idea to keep telling them how bad they are. They/he should know this by now. So please don’t rub more salt into their wounds, okay?

@ Suck at Love
It’s not a permaban. You are free to come back as soon as you can if you still want to. But don’t let a “game” you haven’t completely lost yet be a reason to argue with or even hate each other (tho it would be reasonable if this happened, don’t fight). Play something else in the meantime, I’m pretty sure you’ve learned your lesson and won’t repeat this mistake. Good Luck!

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

In order to stop botting you simply have to reduce grind the less grind you have the less bots you’ll get because all things are obtainable by all people in a state of equality, I’m not saying that everything should be handed too you on a silver platter either, but more care needs to be taken, 10,000 drinks for example is just idiocy 101 -only- because this is an event held around Christmas! that’s the season for giving not grinding.

You prevent them from botting in the first place. All that you’re doing is shifting the blame.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Suck at Love (Banned)

aerial.7021

You prevent them from botting in the first place.

Which means you need to address game mechanics that encourage it because of the nature of the repetitivity of it.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

You asked for the source and I gave you the source. I’d rather believe what the studies made by Blizzard and other companies/groups conclude, which, by the way, is exactly what anet has done with this ban wave, than what a random nobody says on the internet.

What other groups and companies? When I read the post, the information seemed to solely come from Blizzard’s observations of their own playerbase. I’m sorry as someone who has worked as staff on games before wanting a bit more of an insight than one biased forum post that was referenced by a ‘random nobody on the internet’. You know, like an actual independent study instead of ‘Blizzard thinks this without providing any supporting data’, but that’s me. Shame on me and how I’ve been thought to think analytically and look for bias in sources that clash with my experience instead of jumping on the throat of someone who challenges what I say and immediately going on the offensive because I feel so threatened by a differing opinion.

Man, it’s amazing how people turn to personal attacks so easily instead of engaging in debate. Also very sad.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

Suck at Love (Banned)

Ayrilana.1396

Which means you need to address game mechanics that encourage it because of the nature of the repetitivity of it.

No. You’re just shifting the blame away from those who are at fault.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Siobhan.5273

You asked for the source and I gave you the source. I’d rather believe what the studies made by Blizzard and other companies/groups conclude, which, by the way, is exactly what anet has done with this ban wave, than what a random nobody says on the internet.

What other groups and companies? When I read the post, the information seemed to solely come from Blizzard’s observations of their own playerbase. I’m sorry as someone who has worked as staff on games before wanting a bit more of an insight than one biased forum post that was referenced by a ‘random nobody on the internet’. You know, like an actual independent study instead of ‘Blizzard thinks this without providing any supporting data’, but that’s me. Shame on me and how I’ve been thought to think analytically and look for bias in sources that clash with my experience instead of jumping on the throat of someone who challenges what I say and immediately going on the offensive because I feel so threatened by a differing opinion.

Man, it’s amazing how people turn to personal attacks so easily instead of engaging in debate. Also very sad.

I thought the same thing when I read their response to what I thought was your very reasonable post, and the ‘random nobody on the internet’ comment.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Suck at Love (Banned)

Siobhan.5273

Oh yes. This is the usual mood I always “loved” about the Guild Wars 2 forum. Visiting this site after christmas holidays was such a good idea hohoho.

Forum guys and girls, you must feel so proud and mighty right now. People cheated (or only one of them and maybe just even once, we can’t know) and they admitted it. So they got banned. And you keep bashing them and telling them how dumb and what silly kiddies you think they are. Wow, that’s so big of you! I hope you have someone at home who pats you on your shoulders and tell you “Good job telling those kitten cheaters they suck over and over again!”. Anet, just do the OP a favour and close this thread. You encourage this useless cyber mobbing by keeping this thing open. Don’t let this “discussion” sink even deeper.

~sigh~ And yes, I’m against cheating and didn’t even know Suck at Love’s YT channel before, the songs are quite good btw. But most commenters here are not much better than cheaters. If someone does something wrong it’s usually not the best idea to keep telling them how bad they are. They/he should know this by now. So please don’t rub more salt into their wounds, okay?

@ Suck at Love
It’s not a permaban. You are free to come back as soon as you can if you still want to. But don’t let a “game” you haven’t completely lost yet be a reason to argue with or even hate each other (tho it would be reasonable if this happened, don’t fight). Play something else in the meantime, I’m pretty sure you’ve learned your lesson and won’t repeat this mistake. Good Luck!

They admitted it after trying to make Anet look like they were the bad guys banning innocent people, posting a ridiculous YouTube video, and then hours of silence (and video removal) after Anet came out and stated they had indeed cheated with information to back up those claims.

It is one thing to say you’re sorry, a mistake was made, it won’t happen again…another to deflect, lie, etc.

Suck at Love (Banned)

aerial.7021

I don’t think of it that way, the way I process your comment myself is; this person refuses to admit there own addiction to grinding or prefers to live in a world of inequality rather than equality and freedom for all, so that you can protect your virtual shinies that you’ve gained by doing the same sword swinging for months on end or used the in store credit card for gold option, but in the end fellow traveler the last laugh is on you, one day the servers will close and all your virtual shines will be nothing not even a memory that maybe 20-30 years in the future, but nevertheless all your grinding is literally for nothing, shouldn’t then your time in this life be spent doing something of a greater purpose?

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: BaconofPigs.1683

BaconofPigs.1683

Why is this just a 6 month ban? It should be permanent ban. They’ll just come back and sell their cheated loots. Or you should reroll their account back zero after the ban. Should teach them a lesson not to cheat.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I can see why they are doing temporary bans and not permanent bans.

There’s the players who religiously hack. They’re going to hack no matter what (and those guys likely got caught big time and likely got a permanent one if caught).

A good majority of players who hack, will likely hack again once unbanned. But they’ll have a flag on their account saying that they’ve hacked in the past.

But there is a group who will be scared straight and won’t ever risk anything that might get them banned again. They’ll have a flag on their account as well so should they try to hack again and get caught again, they’ll be gone. This is the group that the temporary ban is for.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

“A few weeks back, it was very late at night, I got incredibly bored and decided to browse some shady websites. I found a hack. After posting on the thread that I might be interested in trying this software”

I remember that kind of boredom from my first MMO.
That point, when the game itself has nothing more to offer for you, when everything feels old and stale.
Back in my first MMO me and my ingame husband felt the same boredom. At that time a bad bug apeared in the game that alowed ppl to repeat a quest over and over again, that was meant to be done only once. He used that exploit, i did not. He got baned. At that point i was also already surfing on those “shady websides”, beeing tempted to try some things. When he got banned i realised for myself: When you reach that point in a game, where you are THAT bored… the game has already died for you and it is time to move on

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

There are so many “highly addicted” players. If you don’t give them something to grind for, they just quit the game.

And Anet make money from selling gems. Some grind is there just so paying real cash can bypass it.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Nika.3946

Nika.3946

Back in my first MMO me and my ingame husband felt the same boredom. At that time a bad bug apeared in the game that alowed ppl to repeat a quest over and over again, that was meant to be done only once. He used that exploit, i did not. He got baned.

Hehe , I think I know what game and bug was it

There is a little difference between exploit and intentionally
install and use a 3rd party program , right ?
Still , cheat is cheat , deserves ban

Suck at Love (Banned)

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t think of it that way, the way I process your comment myself is; this person refuses to admit there own addiction to grinding or prefers to live in a world of inequality rather than equality and freedom for all, so that you can protect your virtual shinies that you’ve gained by doing the same sword swinging for months on end or used the in store credit card for gold option, but in the end fellow traveler the last laugh is on you, one day the servers will close and all your virtual shines will be nothing not even a memory that maybe 20-30 years in the future, but nevertheless all your grinding is literally for nothing, shouldn’t then your time in this life be spent doing something of a greater purpose?

So based on this post, your intent was to use this botting issue as a reason to elevate what you care about which is that you do not want grindy achievements? I based this on you not mentioning botting once.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3zrbe4/a_response_from_suck_at_love/

Ok, the beans are out. The brother and sister musical duo did teach, at least the brother and I do think it is fair that he gets banned for 6 months. But is there a way to give the sister her account back?

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3zrbe4/a_response_from_suck_at_love/

Ok, the beans are out. The brother and sister musical duo did teach, at least the brother and I do think it is fair that he gets banned for 6 months. But is there a way to give the sister her account back?

He admitted to lying.

That doesn’t mean that she was telling the truth.

Maybe, just maybe, he did more than he admitted to, and so did she. And just maybe, ANet’s computers caught it where Gaile said her account accessed multiple map points within 60 seconds.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Suck at Love (Banned)

aerial.7021

So based on this post, your intent was to use this botting issue as a reason to elevate what you care about which is that you do not want grindy achievements? I based this on you not mentioning botting once.

Not in the slightest, it just turned out that way.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Grind Wars is a named deserve by over 90% of MMORPGs imo. It was easy to obtain gold in GW1 just by salvaging for the materials and selling the mats in Kamadan.

It’s much harder in GW2 due to many circumstance, we should also not ignore the elephant in the corner either, that it’s very alluring for a business model to have vested interest in making it harder due to the cash > gems > gold path way they have built into the game, and if you’re the beholder of a cynical attitude you can see that caked over every part of the game as a whole, the most difficult of questions to ask how to fairly balance the issue for both the company and the user of the system so that both are equally rewarded.

GW1 System was far superior when it comes to the economy, if only because you couldn’t buy gold “legally” you had to earn it.

There were more bots in GW1 than in GW2, there was another great purging of bots in GW1 in 2014. Several GW1 players turn to illegal sites, since you could not buy currency legally in GW1 with real money. GW1 is superior in several areas but when it comes to preventing bots GW2 wins, imo.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

He spent time researching hacks, speaking on a forum to hackers then downloading his selected hack. If anyone thinks that after all that time and effort he only used it for one minute then I’ve got some land in Florida to sell to them, with only a minor crocodile problem.

We don’t believe you own land in Florida.

signed: the alligators

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Grind Wars is a named deserve by over 90% of MMORPGs imo. It was easy to obtain gold in GW1 just by salvaging for the materials and selling the mats in Kamadan.

It’s much harder in GW2 due to many circumstance, we should also not ignore the elephant in the corner either, that it’s very alluring for a business model to have vested interest in making it harder due to the cash > gems > gold path way they have built into the game, and if you’re the beholder of a cynical attitude you can see that caked over every part of the game as a whole, the most difficult of questions to ask how to fairly balance the issue for both the company and the user of the system so that both are equally rewarded.

GW1 System was far superior when it comes to the economy, if only because you couldn’t buy gold “legally” you had to earn it.

There were more bots in GW1 than in GW2, there was another great purging of bots in GW1 in 2014. Several GW1 players turn to illegal sites, since you could not buy currency legally in GW1 with real money. GW1 is superior in several areas but when it comes to preventing bots GW2 wins, imo.

^
Anyone who played Guild Wars 1 back then would have encountered all the monk bots zoning into Bergen Hot Springs and running out through the portal. That was a big problem for a while, till they got caught and banned.

We don’t believe you own land in Florida.

signed: the alligators

Do so!!! My pet croc says so too.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

^
Anyone who played Guild Wars 1 back then would have encountered all the monk bots zoning into Bergen Hot Springs and running out through the portal. That was a big problem for a while, till they got caught and banned.

Yeah.

Definitely remember that. I farmed that area on my ranger until I decided that I didn’t want to risk getting swept up in the bans.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Sad to see them go since I did like their music,but can’t help what happened.
Boting, not even once.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

(edited by Zalani.9827)

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Everyone was wrong about it being the WD JP…. He probably assumed the same thing as everyone else, now I am not saying he is being honest now, but if it was a single incidence that he tried out ONCE to get 29 WP or POIs or whatever, I don’t really think all the hating is justified, none of us is perfect….

How are you sure everyone’s wrong about it being a ban for the Wintersday JP? Reporting a teleport hacker is pretty hard, if the years of threads complaining about them is any indication, so it just seems like he’s not being fully honest about where or for how long he used the hack.

Of course, I’m not saying the hate (particularly the posts I see on reddit) are justified and I agree that people should calm down, but giving him the benefit of the doubt is a boat that has already sailed.

And crashed into a Wintersday iceberg.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

10 K drinks need roughly 45 to 50 STACKS of gifts.

Weird then, that I got that title using about 40 or so stacks…. And I got the candy one for free too….

To those that say you MUST do the JP, where is the person holding the gun? I decided to cough up the gold and make some other players happy.

Disbelieve because I’m seeing a 80-90% drop rate on drinks so 40 stacks, 10000 gifts wouldn’t do it on it’s own.

Also how many hours or how much gold did it take? Don’t forget that broad casual nature of GW2. Even two hours a night is considered “hardcore” by many.

And yes, no gun was used but a reward that’s out of reach by so many. It’s like telling your eight year old that they can get a bicycle if they make their bed, pick up their toys, and move all the new sofa up three flights of stairs, on their own. One of these requirements is not like the others.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

So, this happened in the Reddits: http://picosong.com/Ef4k/

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

Bots have been in gw2 by thousands people just don’t bother looking for them.
I have been watching some of them in orr with high ap.
which could mean its hacked acccount.

Suck at Love (Banned)

aerial.7021

Bots have been in gw2 by thousands people just don’t bother looking for them.
I have been watching some of them in orr with high ap.
which could mean its hacked acccount.

To be honest I’ve not seen a single one in GW2, GW1 certainly.. but this could be because of the server I am on purhaps.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

Botting or cheating in general has been around since the start of gaming. (I remember back in the 80’s….but that’s another story.)
Generally, most companies, and even private servers with GM’s, act swiftly and ban players after careful investigation. These bans can be temporary (mostly for minor infractions) or permanent.
The fact remains that it gives players an unfair advantage, no matter how long it’s used for, and while it’s very convincing to say ‘oh, but i only used it once’, the intent was there to cheat.

If you sit behind the wheel of your car while you’re drunk, over here you will be arrested and you will lose your drivers licence. You didn’t even drive the car, but you had the intent to do it, putting other people in harms way.
They are oc completely different things, but they follow the same principle : you break the rules, you pay for it.

I find the 10K drink requirement totally rediculous, but i won’t start cheating to get it. I find the endless grind for map farming nodes tedious, but i won’t use a bot to farm it, or to get to JP’s.

So why should someone with the intent to cheat or someone who actually cheated and broke the rules get away scott free ? By farming the wintersday JP over and over, some (most) bots interrupted my gameplay. They prevented me from entering the JP on numerous occasions, they enriched themselves by cheating.
So this guy who cheated by using the bot to get to JP’s or to farm nodes, even for a few minutes or an hour, why should’nt he be banned ?

1. he cheated and lied about it.
2. she, unaware or not, made a video about it, where he actually LIED.
3. Anet investigated and banned their accounts, probably because it cannot be determined on which pc the cheating happened OR because some gold or mats were transferred between acounts, who knows.

Fact is, they got a 6 month ban.
Fact is, it won’t be overturned.
Fact is, he should have been honest from the start instead of getting caught with his pants down.
Now half the community is spitting him/them out and the other half is discussing wether or not she was in on it.

I for one, don’t care if she was in on it or not. HE shouldn’t have lied to her and he shouldn’t have used the bot in the first place.

And if she needs to put the blame somewhere, don’t put it on Anet, blame your brother for the mess.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

On topic: banning everyone in a household for one person botting would be bad.

Why? More peer pressure not to bot that way.

Spy on your family?
Ban entire net cafes?
Ban university dorms?
Ban parents for an idiot child?

This would be an extremely bad way to go about it.

The reason Anet did it is because people can bot their alt account and send money to their main account.

Weather it is right on wrong, I don’t know. But that’s typically how every mmorpg handle this kind of situation

I do not remember WoW ever doing this, because of the reasons I stated. It would be an incredibly stupid way to go about it, considering they can track the materials mailed, etc.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

New reddit post from the brother

A response from “Suck at Love”

I wanna shine a little light on the whole cheating matter. I am 100 % aware about the terrible things I have done and said and I assure you, I am not proud of them. I just hope that some of you will understand that there is a story behind this and maybe reconsider the whole “just terrible cheaters/botters/liars and bad human beings” mindset. So here is what I did:

First of all, Stacy had NOTHING to do with any of this. She deserves nothing of the hate we are getting because of me. I kittened up, big time, and I take full responsibility.

A few weeks back, it was very late at night, I got incredibly bored and decided to browse some shady websites. I found a hack. After posting on the thread that I might be interested in trying this software, I got a message from another member of that forum, basically giving me their login-data for the software, because they didn’t use it anymore. This software works by giving it coordinates and teleporting your character to them. People provided the coordinates for various things, like map completion, gathering routes and so on. I decided to try it out by “auto-exploring” Verdant Brink, and porting myself to a few jumping puzzles. As soon is I finished, I felt incredibly guilty and deinstalled the software, not telling anyone about it.

When we posted our Video yesterday, I didn’t even think about this, since the whole center of the banwave was about the Winter Wonderland JP.

I am deeply sorry for what I have done, especially to my sister, who I love more than anything in the world. I wanna apolagize to ANet for wrongfully blaming them. I deserve all the hate we are getting, and believe me, I feel every bit of it. I hate what I’ve done and I wish I could turn back time.

Ah, so here it is. The “It was me, not her! Take me! Take me!”, routine. I also liked the whole, “I installed cheating software, set it up and used it. My account and my sisters were banned for 3rd party usage, but it never entered my mind that it was that software or that time they might be banning me for.”

Blech. Right.

Yeah. I do not believe his statement: “When we posted our Video yesterday, I didn’t even think about this, since the whole center of the banwave was about the Winter Wonderland JP.”

When I first saw their video (that they removed) there was a thing that did non end up for me. They stated that his account was banned because someone reported him (which is ridiculous, they should already know that reporting a player does not automatically result in a ban of the reported player) and her account was probably banned because he send 200 gold to her account. And they stated, that hackers would farm 24/7, which he didn’t.

So in summary, their video statement was:
– he did something that caused the ban
– but he did it only once
– she did nothing that caused her ban
– she was only banned because he send her 200 Gold

So it seems to me, after seeing the video, when they made the video, they know more about the probably reason for the ban than they told us.

And after his confession their video statement fits with what he did:
– he used a forbidden cheat software once (at one day) for map completion
– he sent her 200 Gold

I do not know, if his sister did know nothing about his cheating when they made the video. I just know, that after the above, I can not trust them about this telling the truth now and I think they still are not telling the whole truth.

But it does not matter anymore (at least for me). He has confirmed that he used a cheating software and as a result, that the ban from A-Net was rightfully. So the discussion about he was cheating or not can end now.

I do not hate them and I think some people are over reacting now. And I think after they served their sentence (the ban) they should get a 2nd chance.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Never heard of those kids and personally couldn’t care less about their half-witted attempts to justify cheating.

As far as I can tell, Anet investigated the matter, the players in question were found guilty and got banned accordingly. Only regrets I have over this is that the ban doesn’t appear to be permanent.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Yeah. I do not believe his statement: “When we posted our Video yesterday, I didn’t even think about this, since the whole center of the banwave was about the Winter Wonderland JP.”

I can imagine someone feeling bad about exploiting a glitch once and then forgetting about it a week or two later, but googling, asking about, getting advice for, downloading, and installing a hack? And still not remember when he discovered he got banned, contacted CS, or throughout the entire process of making a video to claim innocence of teleport hacking?

That shouldn’t be possible unless he has some serious personal issues constantly on his mind, but I doubt that’s the case since he had the time to complain on youtube.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Siobhan.5273

I do not hate them and I think some people are over reacting now. And I think after they served their sentence (the ban) they should get a 2nd chance.

I don’t hate them. That’s such a strong word, especially for 2 kids I don’t even know. I simply have no respect for what transpired, and zero sympathy for their plight.

I was just reading that thread over on Reddit, and a post in the ‘Suck At Love’ thread by a user named ‘darthyoshiboy’ really caught my attention. I wanted to come share over here. I hope he doesn’t mind. I thought it something very thought provoking and well written.

darthyoshiboy [score hidden] 27 minutes ago

There is plenty of reason to disbelieve, and it’s simply in how this has been handled. At no point have they handled this like sane people who are wrongly accused would handle it, nor have they proven themselves to be reliable conveyors of facts. Consider the following:

• They went on the offensive immediately when no sane innocent person in this scenario would do this, only someone with nothing to lose who knows they have been caught is going to act in this manner. Let alone continue to keep attempting to minimize responsibility when they’re caught up in the truth and have obviously kittened up.
  • They pulled their video immediately when Anet posted the rebuttal, without apology or explanation. Again, an action where it is highly questionable if you’re going to try to claim that a sane or innocent party would act likewise. This was the time to fess up to being grievously wrong then create (and link to in the original video description) a new video apologizing for what has happened. Throw a HUGE caption over the original video urging people to go see the new apology video. Then start working with Anet to get the supposedly innocent account freed from suspension.
  • They have been very deceitful throughout these events. It started right from the get go with their blatantly obvious attempt to blackmail Anet into restoring their accounts by withholding what they thought was a valued commodity. Why else go on and on claiming you have so much content that Anet have forced your hand into not releasing. Why publicly state that you’re not coming back to the community under any circumstances? Why continue to interact with the community that you have supposedly and without conditions forsaken? It’s all a very deceitful attempt to leverage control of a message that they know they’ve lost the reins on as best as they can with the limited tools available to them (their popularity.)
  • They continue to claim that they had exhausted all means of dealing with Anet privately (" They completely ignored us "), while the known facts don’t support that possibility. They had their video up within a few hours of the bans starting, an action that could never have allowed for Anet support to get them a single response, let alone exhausting all avenues.
  • Even still in this “not an apology, apology” they continue to attempt to control the message by claiming that A) Bro’s offense wasn’t really ‘that bad’, it was just that once and he just feels so gosh darn bad about it Sis is a victim and should bear no responsibility for the kittenstorm they attempted (and nearly succeeded) to create for ArenaNet. This “apology” is littered with caveats, one of which being that we should expect Sis to take no responsibility for what they attempted to get away with up there in the first point. That’s just ridiculous. You don’t get a free pass to unapologetically attempt to incite a pitchfork mob just because your co-conspirator conveniently didn’t remember all the facts until the bluff was called. Even if he was actually that forgetful and Sis had no idea about the transgression, you still need to apologize when your first action was to go on the attack and not to attempt to get this sorted in the normal channels.

In all, there has been nothing even approaching an act of contrition. They continue to demand that we treat it as if it was some sort of accident that this all happened to them. It wasn’t cheating when Bro used a map hack - just a small mistake, Sis wasn’t responsible for anything that has transpired here, they continue to heap mud on ArenaNet’s name for not just letting Sis have her account back without displaying even the smallest amount of interest in working through the normal channels that exist for this process which they have brought upon themselves (probably because they will only further lose the limited leverage they have on the message now in doing so), and they keep trying to maximize the perception of harms against them by attempting to sell us on this idea that they’ve been banned when in reality they’ve recieved suspensions that will eventually allow them to rejoin the game… Were it not for the fact that they’re absolutely never coming back because Anet is literally worse than kitten or some other reason?

Most kitten ingly, they continue to publicly run a campaign that seeks to minimize their responsibility while maximizing Anet’s for everything that has happened here while doing nothing to right the wrongs that they created rather than privately resolving the self inflicted supposed wrongs that were committed against them (that it is well within their power to address) if indeed there is an innocent party here that is not Anet.

Even if we are going to give them a HUGE benefit of doubt and assume that they did everything with only the best of intentions (and how could you?) They haven’t once even attempted to apologize for the way that they handled this by going straight on to attacking Anet.

I think we would all be happy to be charitable to Zack and Stacy if they weren’t handling every aspect of this in a way that only serves to incriminate rather than absolve them for what is going on. They’re either very immature and need to learn the lessons on offer here or they’re as guilty as they’ve been making themselves out to be and we really owe them no favors so long as they want to keep engaging on the matter.

All of that said, people telling them to go kill themselves are severely out of line. SuckatLove are on the hook for a lot of kitten that they willingly kicked up, but that doesn’t justify being the absolute worst human being that the anonymity of the Internet will allow you to be to someone else who is after all is said and done another human being.

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I was just idly thinking that absolutely the best punishment for someone botting is to ban their siblings/spouse/partner too. Imagine the grief that they get every minute of every day from those innocent family members…

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

All of that said, people telling them to go kill themselves are severely out of line. SuckatLove are on the hook for a lot of kitten that they willingly kicked up, but that doesn’t justify being the absolute worst human being that the anonymity of the Internet will allow you to be to someone else who is after all is said and done another human being.

This. This this this a million times this. They might have done something against the rules of a game, but that doesn’t give anyone the right to tell them to kill themselves. That’s crossing an entirely different line.

Kiss the chaos.

Suck at Love (Banned)

aerial.7021

I don’t hate them. That’s such a strong word, especially for 2 kids I don’t even know. I simply have no respect for what transpired, and zero sympathy for their plight.

I was just reading that thread over on Reddit, and a post in the ‘Suck At Love’ thread by a user named ‘darthyoshiboy’ really caught my attention. I wanted to come share over here. I hope he doesn’t mind. I thought it something very thought provoking and well written.

There is plenty of reason to disbelieve, and it’s simply in how this has been handled. At no point have they handled this like sane people who are wrongly accused would handle it, nor have they proven themselves to be reliable conveyors of facts. Consider the following:

• They went on the offensive immediately when no sane innocent person in this scenario would do this, only someone with nothing to lose who knows they have been caught is going to act in this manner. Let alone continue to keep attempting to minimize responsibility when they’re caught up in the truth and have obviously kittened up.
  • They pulled their video immediately when Anet posted the rebuttal, without apology or explanation. Again, an action where it is highly questionable if you’re going to try to claim that a sane or innocent party would act likewise. This was the time to fess up to being grievously wrong then create (and link to in the original video description) a new video apologizing for what has happened. Throw a HUGE caption over the original video urging people to go see the new apology video. Then start working with Anet to get the supposedly innocent account freed from suspension.
  • They have been very deceitful throughout these events. It started right from the get go with their blatantly obvious attempt to blackmail Anet into restoring their accounts by withholding what they thought was a valued commodity. Why else go on and on claiming you have so much content that Anet have forced your hand into not releasing. Why publicly state that you’re not coming back to the community under any circumstances? Why continue to interact with the community that you have supposedly and without conditions forsaken? It’s all a very deceitful attempt to leverage control of a message that they know they’ve lost the reins on as best as they can with the limited tools available to them (their popularity.)
  • They continue to claim that they had exhausted all means of dealing with Anet privately (" They completely ignored us "), while the known facts don’t support that possibility. They had their video up within a few hours of the bans starting, an action that could never have allowed for Anet support to get them a single response, let alone exhausting all avenues.
  • Even still in this “not an apology, apology” they continue to attempt to control the message by claiming that A) Bro’s offense wasn’t really ‘that bad’, it was just that once and he just feels so gosh darn bad about it Sis is a victim and should bear no responsibility for the kittenstorm they attempted (and nearly succeeded) to create for ArenaNet. This “apology” is littered with caveats, one of which being that we should expect Sis to take no responsibility for what they attempted to get away with up there in the first point. That’s just ridiculous. You don’t get a free pass to unapologetically attempt to incite a pitchfork mob just because your co-conspirator conveniently didn’t remember all the facts until the bluff was called. Even if he was actually that forgetful and Sis had no idea about the transgression, you still need to apologize when your first action was to go on the attack and not to attempt to get this sorted in the normal channels.

In all, there has been nothing even approaching an act of contrition. They continue to demand that we treat it as if it was some sort of accident that this all happened to them. It wasn’t cheating when Bro used a map hack - just a small mistake, Sis wasn’t responsible for anything that has transpired here, they continue to heap mud on ArenaNet’s name for not just letting Sis have her account back without displaying even the smallest amount of interest in working through the normal channels that exist for this process which they have brought upon themselves (probably because they will only further lose the limited leverage they have on the message now in doing so), and they keep trying to maximize the perception of harms against them by attempting to sell us on this idea that they’ve been banned when in reality they’ve recieved suspensions that will eventually allow them to rejoin the game… Were it not for the fact that they’re absolutely never coming back because Anet is literally worse than kitten or some other reason?

Most kitten ingly, they continue to publicly run a campaign that seeks to minimize their responsibility while maximizing Anet’s for everything that has happened here while doing nothing to right the wrongs that they created rather than privately resolving the self inflicted supposed wrongs that were committed against them (that it is well within their power to address) if indeed there is an innocent party here that is not Anet.

Even if we are going to give them a HUGE benefit of doubt and assume that they did everything with only the best of intentions (and how could you?) They haven’t once even attempted to apologize for the way that they handled this by going straight on to attacking Anet.

I think we would all be happy to be charitable to Zack and Stacy if they weren’t handling every aspect of this in a way that only serves to incriminate rather than absolve them for what is going on. They’re either very immature and need to learn the lessons on offer here or they’re as guilty as they’ve been making themselves out to be and we really owe them no favors so long as they want to keep engaging on the matter.

That really was thought provoking thanks for the effort in adding it here.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Siobhan.5273

That really was thought provoking thanks for the effort in adding it here.

Anytime.

It is a game at the end of the day, and anyone telling these 2 people to kill themselves need to get hold of themselves and take a real long look in the mirror. Pixels < Human life.

I don’t want to play with them, hopefully, it’s never an issue, but I’d never wish illness, evil or death on them.

Be mad and frustrated and feel scammed and lied to, you’re justified in that, but asking for their life? C’mon. That’s sick and twisted behavior no one should be subjected to unless they committed a mortal sin against you. Pixel manipulation I’m pretty sure isn’t one of them..

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

They should rename now into: Suck at hacking

I don’t pity any kind of hackers.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: ryandeniszorro.6735

ryandeniszorro.6735

I wanted to say just few things not about ban but about how we as community went into this. First reddit post with stupid , shameful redditors, who laughed and mocked this two people.
Then GW2 official forums, thriving on this ban.
Is this what GW2 community is now ? Is it best joy for you to see someone sad and upset ?
Sure they made mistake, but is community best response to laugh at that and mock ?

While you are all so happy someone got ban ill leave you this example , how many of you did and do now EXPLOIT fractals mossman to get easy pass ? How many of you were asked in pug group to do mossman exploiting this , and agreed , or got kicked from party if you said “lets do it normal” ? Skipping events Arah for months, remember ? Map breaking for easy JP ? And so on…. Is it really that different ?

And again, as much as it was wrong what they did, i feel that community response on that was far worse.

my 2c

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I wanted to say just few things not about ban but about how we as community went into this. First reddit post with stupid , shameful redditors, who laughed and mocked this two people.
Then GW2 official forums, thriving on this ban.
Is this what GW2 community is now ? Is it best joy for you to see someone sad and upset ?
Sure they made mistake, but is community best response to laugh at that and mock ?

While you are all so happy someone got ban ill leave you this example , how many of you did and do now EXPLOIT fractals mossman to get easy pass ? How many of you were asked in pug group to do mossman exploiting this , and agreed , or got kicked from party if you said “lets do it normal” ? Skipping events Arah for months, remember ? Map breaking for easy JP ? And so on…. Is it really that different ?

And again, as much as it was wrong what they did, i feel that community response on that was far worse.

my 2c

I don’t think people are happy they got banned. I think people are angry that these people tried to deceive them.

If they came out with a video saying we did the wrong thing and we were banned, this level of attention wouldn’t exist. They didn’t. They lied about it in a video, blaming Anet for what happened to them, then pulled the video when Anet responded.

That’s worthy of ridicule if you ask me. And yes, I’m happy people who break the rules get banned, because I don’t break the rules. This is a game. People who don’t follow the rules, should be banned to keep the game fair. I’m happy when that happens.

Hacking isn’t a mistake. Spilling your drink is a mistake. They didn’t accidentally hack. They deliberately violated the rules, for which they were rightfully punished, then tried to use their “fame” to make themselves look better than they were.

This is simply bad behaviour.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: ryandeniszorro.6735

ryandeniszorro.6735

While i agree on this, i still think community , at least part of it was , at least, mean. there are actual ppl behind there, with feelings, and i dont see how putting them down helps.
One more thing, i personally have two super clear hack reports from wvw over 3 months old now , with several vids with names, and screenshots, and those two are still logging in and play every day !

Again i am not on S@L side, they did wrong. But i do find quite convenient for Anet to have means to say "look , see, no one is safe from ban ".

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

A fellow guild mate of mine also ask Anet to double check if there system is 100% accurate because his been accuse of Real money trading but he never sell any in game item for real cash and what shock us is his been in active for almost 1 year and the last time he log in to the game was when HoT are coming out then anet insist that he sold some item with real money which is absurd.

This is a very common story.

10 to 1, your buddy was hacked. Idle accounts seem to attract such attention. He needs to open up a support ticket, clean house on his computer and change his passwords. All of them.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

While i agree on this, i still think community , at least part of it was , at least, mean. there are actual ppl behind there, with feelings, and i dont see how putting them down helps.
One more thing, i personally have two super clear hack reports from wvw over 3 months old now , with several vids with names, and screenshots, and those two are still logging in and play every day !

Again i am not on S@L side, they did wrong. But i do find quite convenient for Anet to have means to say "look , see, no one is safe from ban ".

Of course there are mean people in this community. There are mean people in every community. And those mean people are often the most visible people. You can’t draw any conclusions out of how the community is by what, a handful of gleeful posts?

The community is fine. It has it’s bad apples all communities do, but this sort of thing does bring those people out of the woodwork.

And many people are just happy that cheaters are being banned because it’s good for the game.

Suck at Love (Banned)

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Customer Support has carefully reviewed the data that resulted in the termination of the game account in question. They verified that this account accessed 29 map points in under 60 seconds. It is not possible to accomplish this without the use of a third-party program, the kind of program that is expressly forbidden by our User Agreement and our Rules of Conduct.

Because of these facts, the account termination will not be reversed.

I don’t know who that “suck as love” person is or what he did, but I can tell you weird things can happen in this game.

Like, a few months ago I was in WvW, and I had terrible internet issues. Basically for some reason I had moments where my upload speed was basically 0. Anyway, we were in a zerg vs zerg fight and I started lagging terribly. I could walk around the battlefield like a ghost, see everything as it happens (I knew it because I was in TS and saw the actions being made as the commander called them). However, I could not use skills at all, and was not taking any dmg. Literally like a ghost.

Anyway, to the weird part:
At one point after about 2 min of spamming my skills but nothing happening, my lag went away… and every skill used (among which were skills like lightning flash and burning retreat) got casted at the same time… This made my char pretty much fly half way across the map into an enemy tower (well I landed on the wall)…

So yea. Weird things can happen here especially when lag is involved lol.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.