[Suggestion] The Right Time for Mounts

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Skyler Lazeroth.6412

Skyler Lazeroth.6412

Now that Mordremoth is using the jungle tendrils to destroy the waypoints, you should make an world event where the Waypoints are disabled for a certain ammount of time, making the people of Tyria resort to other means of transportation in the meanwhile, such as trained mounts. Of course the story seems to be going the other way… Since Taimi is finding a way to fix it. But it would be nice if something like this happened someday if you plan on adding mounts so it adds to the story. Hope you consider this! Tell me what you think.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Dang. You edited when I was posting!

Anyway…

I think we get a new mounts thread very often. Too bad the ‘search’ function is sorely lacking.

Posted by: jackaljag.8637

jackaljag.8637

No mounts are needed and I am increasingly confused by the constant insistence on them for a game that has smallish maps and waypoints.

Joran Blackgear – Engineer – EU | Juras Blackpowder – Engineer – NA

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

1) Your use of the term “excuse” only concedes that mounts are unnecessary and redundant, but you have an irrational personal compulsion to shoehorn them in anyway. The only way to trick people into thinking they are a good thing is to come up with a contrived plot device that removes alternatives.

2) A lot of people are already strongly against mounts, even with waypoints intact. You aren’t going to win any favour by telling people that getting mounts means disabling waypoints.

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

Skyler, I could see A-Net doing something like that but just in certain zones like they did in Nightfall. In Nightfall we used the Junundu Wurms to travel across parts of the desert that would kill just like in Dry Top with the quicksand. We also had Giant Devourers that we used in Eye of the North. Each one changed your skillbar when your “boarded” them. Maybe we could get some small Airships(skiffs maybe) that would do the same thing in Maguma and other zones where the waypoints go down. Other than that I’d be opposed to mounts since we have the waypoint system.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

This is one of those weird things that I’m not sure I understand why EITHER side is so adamant.

1) Why MUST we have mounts? It’s not like the maps in GW2 are massive. Even if you wanted to straight up run across an entire zone, you’re not looking at much more than a handful of minutes. I mean, is it a prestige thing? I don’t get why some players are so in love with them.

2) On the other hand… why are people so strongly AGAINST them? The waypoint method is superior in every way (the travel cost is a pittance). Mounts would be barely more than a silly vanity item. What would it really matter?

Seems like a really weird thing to be drawing battle lines over. I mean, as often as this topic comes up, we could mount every person who wants one on the dead horses that have been beaten over it.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Pro/Con, right/wrong, good/bad. No matter.

When they decide they need the revenue from selling mounts, mounts will be sold.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Serac.5691

Serac.5691

The argument that mounts aren’t “needed” is so pathetic and stupid. Mini-pets aren’t needed better remove them! Please remove transmutation it’s not needed everybody should just look the same. So many things in this game aren’t “needed”. Atleast try to make a decent argument or don’t even bother. And the fact that you are so adamantly against mounts using such a dumb argument just makes you look more ignorant.

(edited by Serac.5691)

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I’m always amazed at people who do not want more traveling options. How is switching out traits and weapons, just for a speed increase, better for the game? Swiftness boons are a poor excuse for traveling, and waypoints kill immersion. It’s such a shame, that the beautiful artistic scenery, is nullified by waypoints and instant travel. This is one of the reasons i like EoTM so much. There are very few waypoints, and you get deeply immersed in the environment.

Posted by: Skyler Lazeroth.6412

Skyler Lazeroth.6412

I thought it would be a nice method of introducing mounts, I never said to remove waypoints, but it’d be fun for a while while the story events fixed the problem xD. The waypoint system is great but not perfect, I agree with Nexxe. It’s the small details that make something great, yeah the mounts are not necessary, but so are many things in the game like Serac said. And yeah, I don’t see Arena Net doing this xD nevertheless I wanted to share, this was my first time in the forums. Thank you for responding! (I changed the topic title because “Excuse” wasn’t really what I wanted to express, it’s more about the timing)

(edited by Skyler Lazeroth.6412)

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The argument that mounts aren’t “needed” is so pathetic and stupid. Mini-pets aren’t needed better remove them! Please remove transmutation it’s not needed everybody should just look the same. So many things in this game aren’t “needed”. Atleast try to make a decent argument or don’t even bother. And the fact that you are so adamantly against mounts using such a dumb argument just makes you look more ignorant.

Transmutations and mini pets (as stupid as they are) have been in the game since release. Mounts is not a currently existing feature. Your comparison is silly and invalid.

And no, I dont really see why they are needed when every single map is designed for running.

Now, if Anet where to make 10x as big maps on wide open grassy fields or deserts only dotted by the occasional village or city, mounts might actually be something. Especially if we add mounted warfare in WvW. But thats a thing for Guild Wars 3. In Guild Wars 3, I would be more than happy to welcome our new mount overlords.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I don’t really like the idea of mounts because even if you can’t move as quickly as before, you’re not moving incredibly slowly if you’re going to most destinations.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

There are mounts in game. You could create posts asking to expand the variety from broomsticks, diggers and kites. Instead you call people irrational and demand a type of mount that has zero chance of being implemented.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Mounts? Eh, sure, yah, why not? :p

We could have Dolyak mounts. And then introduce Dolyak breeding so that we could get different colored Dolyaks with different attributes. And have Dolyak digging, where you feed it a gysahl green and then it attempts to dig up stuff for you.

I love this plan. Let’s do it.

http://youtu.be/BaMIg_q4LeY

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

/15deadhorses

Attachments:

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

If people still want mounts, why do I never see anyone (except me) flying the new kites? I suspect ANet pay far more attention to what people are actually doing, than saying – so lobbying on the forums is pointless, if almost nobody is bothering to use those sorts of items in the game.

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

This is one of those weird things that I’m not sure I understand why EITHER side is so adamant.

1) Why MUST we have mounts? It’s not like the maps in GW2 are massive. Even if you wanted to straight up run across an entire zone, you’re not looking at much more than a handful of minutes. I mean, is it a prestige thing? I don’t get why some players are so in love with them.

2) On the other hand… why are people so strongly AGAINST them? The waypoint method is superior in every way (the travel cost is a pittance). Mounts would be barely more than a silly vanity item. What would it really matter?

Seems like a really weird thing to be drawing battle lines over. I mean, as often as this topic comes up, we could mount every person who wants one on the dead horses that have been beaten over it.

My personal opinion, as a player that is playing this…And World of Warcraft… and enjoying both… is…

That Gw2 does not need mounts. The waypoints are more than adequate. And I agree, coming up with a contrived plot device to re-introduce a topic that has more than likely seen at least 50 different threads… Not exaggerating…. goes a Bit beyond the pale.

World of Warcraft needs mounts, the zones are bigger. It lacks waypoints. As such you need to hoof it( pardon the pun). No waypoints in My opinion, make the game world seem larger, since

1. You spend MORE time traversing it.
2. You may suddenly come across stuff trying to kill you each and every step of the way… and…

3. You only avoid that when you get flying mounts at level 60.

My opinion is, that Guild wars 2 for me seems a smaller world AFTER you have Unlocked the waypoints. Since you can just Port from place to place. It has gotten where me and My wife actually choose to ignore the WP system entirely. Since we duo.. and are not In any rush, we take the scenic route..More romantic that way…Until we run into a Bunch of Minotaur….or ettin… then it’s ugh..pass the air freshener.

My point.

There are games with Mounts and games without. There are games with mounts that do it well, and games with mounts that do not do it well. World of warcraft has some negatives..Like me having to look at a dragon’s rear end when I go to the mailbox…

The reason many are adamantly anti mount in gw2 in my opinion is.. that as far as I know among high tier MMO’s No mounts at all is rather uncommon.

They have also made it a part of the lore that No one rides beasts for transportation. This is a culture that has evolved beyond the need for mounts. There are plenty of good games out there with mounts. I seriously do Not Know many good games that have made NOT having a Mount part of the Lore, and have designed a system to make ride-able mounts irrelevant , and Unnecessary.

Ultimately,… the reason many are aadamantly anti-mount is… they would have to have mounts Imposed On them….. to please players that want mounts for what many consider unnecessary frivolous reasons.

1. it would be cool.
2. it would look cool.
3. I want it, because I need to show everyone that I have money to burn.( Status symbol.)
4 Speed-boost. ( would be unbalanced. OP, and therefore mandatory for EVERYONE, Including those not wanting mounts.)

Ultimately…there are plenty of games that already have mounts. I Love Mounts On WoW, I do not want them here. If people have to have mounts to be happy, Instead of beating a dead horse here, maybe they should play another game.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

It is never a good time for mounts.

Attachments:

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Even with the WPs being destroyed, there’s Taimi’s solution coming up, and the Asura will very likely set up new waypoints, once Mordremoth looses interest on them with the modifications.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Nerelith.7360

I thought it would be a nice method of introducing mounts, I never said to remove waypoints, but it’d be fun for a while while the story events fixed the problem xD. The waypoint system is great but not perfect, I agree with Nexxe. It’s the small details that make something great, yeah the mounts are not necessary, but so are many things in the game like Serac said. And yeah, I don’t see Arena Net doing this xD nevertheless I wanted to share, this was my first time in the forums. Thank you for responding! (I changed the topic title because “Excuse” wasn’t really what I wanted to express, it’s more about the timing)

I believe that while you say " make it temporary", to me that seems a bit…disingenuous. Once the genie is out of the Bottle, it is Not as easy putting it back in.

Just imagine the uproar if after 3 months with " temporary " mounts Anet says " Ok… the waypoints have been fixed, starting next tuesday’s patch , " no more mounts"

Secondly, a LOT of players Love the fact that NO mounts is part of the lore. Suddenly all the pro-mounts advocates can say " Not anymore."

Lastly, I am certain that a month before they Put all the waypoints back, and take the Mounts away, players that want to keep the Mounts will start with." but isn’t Tyria better off without waypoints? it seems bigger now…let’s forget the WP’s and Just keep the Mounts. Besides Anet proved it could be done!"

Getting rid of temporary mounts would be Like….. getting rid of a temporary tax. or a temporary fare hike…. or a temporary bridge toll.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

If you stop throwing the word “need” around and just start using the word “want” it work out better. There is no need for mounts, but if there is a player base that wants mounts, then why not? How will them having a inferior means of already provided travel impede on you playing the game?

[DONE]

Nerelith.7360

If you stop throwing the word “need” around and just start using the word “want” it work out better. There is no need for mounts, but if there is a player base that wants mounts, then why not? How will them having a inferior means of already provided travel impede on you playing the game?

These reasons have already been argued to the ground. The horse is undead.
Very few people want to dredge the topic up to begin with. Maybe a search for " suggestion: Mounts?" Might bring up one of the 109,974,723 threads that have been argued to Orr and back.

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

Each time I hear suggestion about mounts with speed buffs…

Attachments:

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Why don’t the moderators do something about these duplicate threads?

Can’t this topic just be buried in the suggestions forum where it belongs?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

if they do the same with duel threads then be my guess, if not then i welcome any mount thread.

Posted by: Mugiwara Luffy.1087

Mugiwara Luffy.1087

If people want mounts, play a game with mounts.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

It’s that time of the week.

Attachments:

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Its all about the screen clutter .. because in other MMOs i’ve seen too often that people
just NEVER unmount if they aren’t force by game-mechanics and so they block NPCs
all day.

In the end the game developer then has to create underlying maps around all NPCs
in the game that force people to unmount .. and better totally permit the usage of
mounts in every city.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Nerelith.7360

If people still want mounts, why do I never see anyone (except me) flying the new kites? I suspect ANet pay far more attention to what people are actually doing, than saying – so lobbying on the forums is pointless, if almost nobody is bothering to use those sorts of items in the game.

Because many of the players that want a Mount do Not just want a cosmetic mount.
They want a Mount that " does something"

Sometimes they want 185 % permanent speed boost. Sometimes they want Mounted Combat.

But a purely cosmetic mount is what many do not desire, so they don’t pay for a purely cosmetic mount…. while advocating for " mounts" On the forums.

Maybe a few are playing the old door -to-door salesperson trick of putting their foot in the door, thinking that most people… won’t slam the door closed On their foot.

So they do not say " speed Boost mount" but if you read the old threads, a Lot of them will say " we don’t want a mount that doesn’t do anything, it has to do something"

As to the title of the thread. In many games … maybe . In Gw2 The Right time for mounts is never. At least in my opinion. I never want to see them.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Mini-pets aren’t needed…

If anything, they need a much better interface… >_>

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Mounts? Eh, sure, yah, why not? :p

We could have Dolyak mounts. And then introduce Dolyak breeding so that we could get different colored Dolyaks with different attributes. And have Dolyak digging, where you feed it a gysahl green and then it attempts to dig up stuff for you.

I love this plan. Let’s do it.

Tchshhshhshh! You can’t use the ‘g’ word!
<<
>
>
Besides, we can use asparagus for Dolyak Hot & Cold. Or zucchini. No one uses those. =P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I still don’t feel we need mounts. Even if they dropped the number of waypoints by half, I don’t feel we need them. Not the the number of skill, trait, and even rune based speed boosts.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I am thinking what is the right time for adding mount….

3015 is the right time.

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

This game does not need any mounts.

Waypoints are on every map; these are easy to discover, they need to be reached only once and transportation is instant. In every game with mounts I wished I had waypoints like in this game.

And if you are really desperate about transportation you can get these useful items:
Home Portal Stone
Royal Terrace Pass
Captain Airship Pass

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

Why does anyone ever think they’ll add mounts to this game…..Please stop the madness

Attachments:

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I am not against it nor i want them. Why are people SO obsessed with them? I played a game where you can get tons of mounts and to be honest, i like the way gw2 is with waypoints and stuff.
This game is not the right one to have mounts so get over it, wont happen ever.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Because <insert other game>.

Because they didn’t like aspects of mounts in <insert other game>.

Mounts are part of the GW2 forum endgame, featuring the trinity of Mounts, Dueling/Open PvP and Raids! I blame people being able to post from work on their cell phones.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

takes drink
Perfect time for mounts: NEVER. Once NEVER happens, we’ll have mounts.

Posted by: Roxhemar.6039

Roxhemar.6039

Please no, just no…GW2 does not NEED mounts, the explorability of the world is there for a reason, explore it.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Mini-pets are ALREADY in the game….mounts are not. It’s not a dumb argument, it’s a logical statement that resources used to put a not needed item into the game could be better used elsewhere. You are making it SOUND dumb (by ignoring facts) just to further your “I WANT MOUNTS!” campaign…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Mini-pets are also MINI .. if you all now want GIANT-pets then i would be the same
against that then i am against mounts.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There is no suggestions forum. Suggestions are now to be posted in the forum most germane to it where the relevant devs can find it. The old suggestions forum was archived quite a long time ago.

I suppose they could reactivate the suggestions forum with subforums for each area of the game, e.g. Living Story, WvW, Dungeons, and a catch all for This Will Not Happen In This Game to hold mounts, open world ganking, gear treadmills, gear inspect, damage meters, etc.

Nerelith.7360

Some say that those against mounts should come up with better arguments than " we don’t need them."

I agree. A much better reason is “We don’t want them.”

We are not the ones that want something that is Not in the game to be added to the game. And imposed On members of the community that do not want it in the game. Therefore it is incumbent on the players that want mounts to propose compelling reasons for the inclusion of mounts.

The reasons have to be compelling enough to:

1. Justify the developers devoted energy, time, resources to the endevor of providing mounts.

2. Justify the developers pulling their energy, time, resources away from other aspects of the game, that others view as more important. ( class balance…skill balance..etc)

3. Overcome the objections of the members of the community that simply do not want them, and don’t need to give a reason. We want what Anet is currently providing…“No Mounts”. And the ONLY reason we need is.." Anet is Not providing them, and we agree with Anet."

The following are not compelling:

1. it would be cool.
2. I want them.

Anet is Not going to impose mounts on a player-base that is adamantly against their inclusion to appease a segment of the player base that lists frivolous reasons for their inclusion.

So those that wish to have mounts In the game, The burden is on THEM to provide compelling reasons for their inclusion, while all that those of us that don’t want mounts have to say is… " we are fine with the developer’s continuing and consistent decision, to not include mounts."

(edited by Nerelith.7360)

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

“We don’t want them” is no reason.
It’s your personal “I have no better arguments, than to hide myself behind the masses-Dogma”, that you keep up repeating like a broken record.

You can talk only for your self and nobody else.
You don’t represent the “We” aspect, so stop finally doing so.

Also please stop being so stupidly naive to take everything what 1 single person suggested in the past maybe x months ago as something, that every pro mount person “wants”.
You are totally wrong with that view and pigeon-holing all pro mount persons with that way of thinking is also not correct, because not all pro mount people want the exact same thing.
There are alot that have have good and innovative ideas, but there are naturally also people which want just to troll the contra mount people with total unrealistic and unfitting “suggestions” which are just plain idiotic and far away from what most of the pro mount people really want at all.

I have no clue, how often I have already repeated myself about that but definetely so often, that it starts feeling like talking to a stupid stubborn sturdy wall of pure ignorance.
However – all of your concerns that you mentioned over the course of the tons of threads – they are all no issues basically for Anet.

Every problem there is with mounts, has a solution! Every single one.
So it absolutely doesn’t get into my head, why the frigging hell, one can be against OPTIONAL, I repeat – OPTIONAL new content, when there would be never anything that forces you as a player to use that optional content and every other concerns got solved too also and got maybe improved in regard of the many mistakes older game developers have made in the past with that feature in the last 10 years with much older game engines also which were also technically not so advanced technologies, than game developers own TODAY to make alot more things possible, than they were 10 years ago.

For now ANet introduced new kites, which are a clear step towards mounts, because the functionality of them isn’t really far away from what would work like mounts for traveling improvements to get us alternatives for the waypoint system to make travelign in GW2 more fun, more intuitive, more full of immersion and so on… than just only click ,map open, click wp and be wherever you want in a matter of seconds having seen nothing of the game world, other than the few moments it took to explore just the WP to unlock it for using it maybe in the future.

It would be a very welcome feature as prestige for many people, which absolutely not care about legendary weapons which want to have something else as replacement that fits to THEIR personal likings.

The step from those kites, which have just a regional buff effect for maximum speed to mounts, which would be just only a visual different variation, isn’t really big.
Thats for Anet like making just a few more new Face or Hair Styles, which is by the way also “not needed” to do and Anet still does it on a reguarly basis, not only because it adds more fun to the game, but also it adds more variation for character customization and its for Anet also a way to make money, because constantly addign new hair styles ect and linking them only to the stylist kits keeps those kits constantly getting bought by players in the gemstore, so that aNet makes money, where we are at another big plus for mounts, that anet just can’t overlook.
Mounts would be same as like for example Housing would be an extreme Money Maker Feature for the Gemstore and Housing and such stuff.
—-

We have more than enough compelling and SIMPLE to understand SOLUTIONS to all of your mount prejudices, naive fears and pure assumptions that you keep on making from your experiences people made from other much much older games in the past.

But as long as the contra sides keeps on being intolerant, stubborn and being non open minded towards these solutions and trying permanently instead to come up with new ridiculous fears, prejudices and assumptions to have not to admit, that ANet basically can do everything to solve those issues, then nobody can kittening HELP YOU and talking with you just becomes a waste of time.

Thats my opinion

To a solution for a conflict of interest always belong TWO SIDES.
If one side never is interested at all in finding a solution due to self made up prejudices, fears and tons of wild assumptions, you will never get a solution.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Titus.4285

Titus.4285

It is never a good time for mounts.

^ What he said… And I wouldn’t mind having less Waypoints than what we currently have.

Let the Kings and Queens of other lands and lesser creatures
witness our wonders and cry out in astonishment and humble themselves.
Beware our mighty works.

Posted by: Titus.4285

Titus.4285

I am thinking what is the right time for adding mount….

3015 is the right time.

Be careful now. You might end up in some afterlife where you can keep playing GW. You think you’re looking smart now, but in 3015…? Not so much!

Let the Kings and Queens of other lands and lesser creatures
witness our wonders and cry out in astonishment and humble themselves.
Beware our mighty works.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Haha, that made me laugh.

But yeah I agree with this – no big deal either way.

Posted by: Elric.6971

Elric.6971

It is amazing how emphatic some people are in their dislike of mounts. Some people going so far as to say “They will quit” and “it will ruin the game”.

And I mean no sarcasm, it is simply interesting and makes one wonder what horrific experience did they have in the past that turned them off from mounts?

I will also say I myself am ultimately pro-mount, though my own suggestion would be that instead of genuine mounts for travel, they serve as environmental weapons for certain events and even renown hearts. Thus, they are limited to a certain area and/or for certain periods. Then again, I’ve always seen mounts/vehicles as a possibility to explore lore and do world building, and give us a chance to really drive some charr chuggers, or see if Asura will use non-humanoid vehicles for combat/warfare, what do the sylvari do for heavy, armored artillery? and so forth.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

You can clearly see with the new kites, that Anet slowly experimentates out how to find ways to implement mounts in a way, how they could fit into the game.

First it was the Broom.
Then came the Dredge Drill
Now the improvement of the Kites with added permanent +5% Movement Speed and a REGIONAL TEMPORARY Movement Speed Buff of 33% in the Dry Top Map only, and only when the Sandstorm is there … AND THIS, WHERE DRY TOP IS SUCH A SMALL MAP!!!!

So Anet clearly is experimenting and so far it looks, as if they try to mix the current concepts together with the old GW1 regional usage concept in a new way of binding both together.

The step from changing the Kite Item over into a Pet Flute or something like that with that you can summon your Mount (runs from a nearby spawn spot appearing out of a dust cloud or so to you, not just poof and here am I) with that you have +25% more Movement Speed like using a Movement Speed Trait/Sigil isn’t really far away from that together with adding mount specific special regional effects for increased movement speed to 33%

That are realistic numbers with that most of the pro mount people are calculating and hoping for and not with such unreal numbers like +185% movement speed, like Nerelith likes to come up with … because that are the numbers that already exist in the game as game mechanics for permanent and temporary speed buffs

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

1) People like having mounts, cause running is tedious, and mounts usually increase run speed from 50% – 200% in games…

2) People are against it because the more time ANet spends designing mounts, is less time they fix the already broken stuff with the game. Especially stuff that has been broken since release.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]