Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

aw what am i gonna do w/ my Infinite Coin? /sad panda

R.I.P Kumu <3

Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

There is no confirmation that SAB is definitely not returning, which I would suspect be the only case in which support is going to even open your email.

Now watch, as no one pays attention to that.
I had to hammer someone in-game with question after question, most of them repeats, before they would acknowledge that they didn’t have all the facts and were incorrect. I can’t stomach fear mongering.

I cant stomach anet not giving any real information but instead explaining things in a way to manifest fear. Instead of rewording it to make players understand there are certain things they wish to get done before adding these other features back into the game or creating new ones.

Simply put, Anet chose to give bad news when in reality if said in a different way would give hope and joy.

I don’t think anyone’s afraid Super Adventure Box isn’t showing up when they want it. Demanding refunds, being surprised by vague answers, this is more akin to a tantrum.

I wonder what the demographic would be like for Super Adventure Box in China.

My comment had nothing to do with refunds at all…

You lost me.

Posted by: Predator.9214

Predator.9214

I am pretty much in the same spot. Was never a huge fan of SAB, but got my fair share of play time in it and enjoyed it even tho’ I don’t care too much for 8bit stuff and so called “nostalgic” types of games / mini games.
But there is, as mentioned in this thread, absolutely NO kitten reason for SAB not to be there as permanent content, giving the fact how positive of a feedback it has gotten.
The reason given in the interview linked in one of the threads are one of the dumbest reasons I’ve ever heard the developers utter.
Let’s not forget that SAB ended with a story cliffhanger and the Gem store item Infinite Coin, making this decision of not bringing SAB back even more mind boggling to me.

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)
Assassin Stef (Daredevil)
Snow Crows (SC) | Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Well, I understood the psychological trick of making it temporary… as long as Arena.net was planning to add to it. Every time, it would be fresh and new and get players excited.

But if it’s off even the back burner at this point, especially for the people who invested gems into the continue coin, then what has been produced most definitely SHOULD be released as permanent content.

It would simply be the right thing to do.

Posted by: wondo.2870

wondo.2870

one MAJOR thing people always seem to forget when talking about “metrics” of SAB Part 2 “Back to School” Release is that it was the same patch(9/3/13) that they increased weapon/huntsman/artificer crafting from 400 to 500 and introduced ascended weapon crafting. the MAJORITY of players were grinding that and not playing SAB. And when they did step into SAB World 2 they were hit with a more challenging, more time consuming, less rewarding content. which they didn’t have time for since they needed to grind pve to craft ascended weapons. Not to mention they released SAB Part 2 with less rewards: no bauble vendor to convert to GW2 items like obsidian shards, boss rewards could only be rewarded ONCE per account daily, and the removal or relocation of many bauble farming spots in SAB. And locked Tribulation Mode behind a “gemstore wall” via the infinite coin, considering you couldn’t grind continue coins in any reasonable way in game since they removed them from jumping puzzle rewards and open world drops as well. All of these factors are why people bashed on SAB Part 2 and are often forgotten. The SAB World 2 content was amazing, a little overtuned in some spots but nothing unfixable.

+1 would love to see SAB return with or without more Worlds

SAB is LOVE, SAB is LIFE #OccupySAB2014

(edited by wondo.2870)

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I said it in the other SAB thread, and I’ll say it again here: no plans to create new SAB levels is not less reason to make the thing permanent, it’s more.

I never got to play it, but its one of the things that got me excited about this game… please ANet make my wish come true and give me the SAB stuff that you already have made.

Exactly! I never got to play the second release of SAB, and for all I know I never will. And there are likely tons of new players who are hearing about SAB and seeing screens/video of it, and never even got to touch the thing.

There are a lot of great things about GW2, but temporary content is not one of them. All it has done is aggravate and annoy people. Holding content for ransom does not make people stay. If they need a break, or want to leave, then threats of deleting gameplay is not going to make anyone keep playing. People who missed out on temporary content will have nothing to look forward to when they return, and even the people who stuck around are annoyed when activities they enjoyed are taken away.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

it’s fluff content, it shouldn’t be on the front burner. . .

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

But why should it be gone? Just reopen it without any expansion to the thing. How much effort would that take?

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i have no idea.. just speaking rationally, it’s one of my flaws

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

It’s like if they’d sold the permanent pass to Havoc’s Heir, but then the ship went away with the Zephyrites, and everyone was promised that it’d be back with the next Crown Pavilion/Zephyrite… and then, a year later, they come clean and admit that none of that content is coming back at all.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

They did sell a permanent pass to the Royal Terrace.

Posted by: Preyar.6783

Preyar.6783

Wondrous Achiever \o/

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

@Becka
My favovite part of the game was WvW. sPvP could be enjoyable too. But … many offtopic reasons.
You said well, we are bored, and we want to play the hell out of SAB.

Then you’d play the hell out if, and be bored. Lemme ask you a question. Suppose anet had made SAB permanent last September. Would you still be playing it, a year on? Would you be asking anet to add world 3? Would you be complaining you were bored? I bet you would be.

Why did people pvp back when rewards were miniscule at best? Because it’s fun. Did people complain that not enough was being done about pvp? Yes. But people enjoy it… because it’s fun.

Some of us think SAB is fun.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Even so, they were with the meetings that discussed all future plans for the game, and if they werent they should have never answered.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

Yikes…

It looks like whoever’s in charge of managing Anet really doesn’t care anymore.
That or Anet’s purposely keeping silent on some upcoming projects to instill hype… but then why have an interview in the first place?

Either way, this was NOT good news. I expect some server losses after this interview…

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Everytime Hamfast posts I shed a tear. Ty for making these forums a better place <3

(Biased SAB-lover that still has to 100% explore world 2)

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I don’t like S.A.B, but I feel really bad for those who bought the infinite coin and can’t use it all that often. I can only hope that when it returns, it’ll stay as a permanent feature – for their sake.

Though I wouldn’t count my chickens – The Zephyr Sanctum never stayed as a permanent feature – and Anet knows how much we like that place.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

This is a massive letdown. SAB rocked, it was the best memories I had with this game along with WvW.

Guhracie.3419

They sold a permanent pass to the Havoc’s Heir, too- that wasn’t the point of what I wrote.

I said it’s like selling that, and then removing the functionality for an entire year before fessing up that it’s not being actively worked on.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

Esplen.3940

They sold a permanent pass to the Havoc’s Heir, too- that wasn’t the point of what I wrote.

I said it’s like selling that, and then removing the functionality for an entire year before fessing up that it’s not likely to come back in the distant future.

FTFY

Wolfheart.1938

Called it 6 months ago.

Metric-men saw the numbers drop (due to god-awful rewards and higher difficulty mostly) and decided to discontinue the project. A shame, but I can’t diss them. What I can and will diss them for however is keeping it closed for 1+ year for no reason.

On an unrelated note, why make story the central focus of an MMO when they are so not-suited for the task?

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’ll believe they’re working on the precursor hunt when I see an official post about… (pauses) actually no, nevermind, I’ll believe it when it’s actually on the front page of GW2. Talk is cheap, and action speaks louder than words. Still waiting on that precursor scavenger hunt… >_<

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Guhracie.3419

I said it’s like selling that, and then removing the functionality for an entire year before fessing up that it’s not likely to come back in the distant future.

FTFY

Uh, okay? Even if that’s true, how is that any better than what I said? “We haven’t been working on it” is what the interview says, by the way. But “It’s not likely to come back, even in the distant future,” is pretty much just as bad.

-Mike O’Brien

Esplen.3940

Oh I was just fixing it. The quote is:

And so, I think it would be very unlikely that you would see it as part of a Living World season release, as to whether or not we come back to it, whether or not in some other form, you know, I can’t really say, I don’t know how likely that is and that is really all I can say about it. We know that there are a ton of people that really enjoyed it, and we had a lot of fun playing portions of it, but it’s difficult to fit in within the narrative structure that we have now and I think that makes it very much less likely that it will appear in a Living World season going forward.

GuildMag: But will it come back after the current season?

We can’t really comment about what our long term plans are for the game, and so, you know, it is a similar answer if you ask me what was gonna happen in the upcoming episodes of season 2. Like, I really can’t say. But it is a very much different game in a lot of ways than Guild Wars 2 – a game within a game – and we’re trying to focus already in World v. World and PvP and PvE and Fractals. There are lots of systems that we have and we want to focus first on getting those to a state where we’re really happy with them and we’re fully supporting them and then we could look into… ‘All right, now that we have those up to a quality that we’re really happy with and fans are really happy with, what other projects can we take on, and what things can we look at doing?

Tl;dr:
Doesn’t fit with Mordremoth and there’s no time to celebrate and jump around. Instead, we’ll just not have anyone work on it or even consider placing it in the game (because it doesn’t fit) until we find a time when it fits. Also, LS might keep going after 2 with little to no breaks.

Maybe it’ll come after LS2?

Maybe not.

Either way, it looks like Moto is back to being jobless and on the verge of starvation.

Guhracie.3419

Called it 6 months ago.

Metric-men saw the numbers drop (due to god-awful rewards and higher difficulty mostly) and decided to discontinue the project. A shame, but I can’t diss them. What I can and will diss them for however is keeping it closed for 1+ year for no reason.

Y’know, that’s not even the worst part. The worst part is that they sold the infinite continue coin in the gem shop. I feel bad for Josh Foreman, as I sincerely believe he’s probably broken up over this whole thing.

-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

What I read from the SAB response in the interview is – “kittenyou will play how we want you to”. He says about the focus of the game being “your relationship with Braham and Rox”.

What if I don’t WANT to have a relationship with Braham and Rox? What the fluffball kittycat happened to CHOICE in this game?

Stuff it. I’m finishing my current character then I’m gone.

Wolfheart.1938

So much love for SAB here, but from what I recall world 2 was universally hated.

Your memory is (not surprisingly) faulty. World 2 was certainly less popular than the first, but I still saw plenty of people doing it even with the terribad rewards.

Personally, I think the depth & lenght of W2 made it much better than W1.

Posted by: VincentDW.9376

VincentDW.9376

Thanks for the sentiment OP, it’s nice to know not everybody subscribes to the philosophy that if they don’t personally like something it should die in a fire. A variety of content attracts a variety of players, not to mention more of them, so one would think that it would be in Anet’s best interests to keep the game as full of content as possible.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Given the information that has been released about the future of Super Adventure Box, how many people who bought the gem store Infinite Continue Coin would like a refund for an item that is now, effectively, nothing but a bank slot filler?

I want a refund, for one.

Wolfheart.1938

People are capable of more than one opinion of something. A concept entirely foreign to some people apparently…

Of course. It is rather unusual for said opinions to be exactly opposite each other though. Don’t you think?

The fact remains that there are people on these forums that complain about everything, even if it was something they earlier on demanded to be done. Simply for the sake of complaining.

Don’t worry you and a few others got the other side covered. So the precious forum balance is restored.

@ Guhracie: Agreed. But W1 was a smashing success metric-wise, so I think they really wanted to continue working on SAB after W2. I feel really bad for Josh

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

What I read from the SAB response in the interview is – kittenyou will play how we want you to". He says about the focus of the game being “your relationship with Braham and Rox”.

What if I don’t WANT to have a relationship with Braham and Rox? What the fluffball kittycat happened to CHOICE in this game?

Stuff it. I’m finishing my current character then I’m gone.

Hmm.. relationship with Braham and Rox? Maybe these people didn’t know what they were talking about because it’s mostly Marjory and Kasmeer with the occasional Taimi and Braham. What’s a Rox? This gives me hope that this could just be bad PR.

You are right though. They do seem to be trying to force players to play what they want them to play… it’s like having a restaurant with several dishes then one day deciding to serve only one food.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

This is the worst news for me. At this point, I would even take a Moto that just sells weapon recipes. T___T. I totally miss playing SAB.

Posted by: HippyDerpster.1487

HippyDerpster.1487

CONFIRMED ANET LOVES CASUALS: And so, Super Adventure Box has a ton of people that were really excited about it, and it also has that difficulty of, it is something that’s really different from Guild Wars 2 in a lot of ways, and it doesn’t easily fit into the narrative structure of Living World.

Posted by: Karmapolice.4193

Karmapolice.4193

Terrible news. Just when I was starting to get back into the game and I was really hoping for SAB to come back soon. Now I don’t even feel like playing again.
The last release of it had some problems, but there were some good fixes and it was a fun change from the usual game.
Just bringing back the old Worlds would be perfectly fine with me.

Posted by: TheMaskedGamer.5708

TheMaskedGamer.5708

You are seriously overreacting. The game is going to be 2 years old soon, and the game is starting to improve dramatically since its launch and the year after. You and everybody should stop acting like they are entitled to everything there is in the game and expect everything to be there. The road ANet is going through has been a common road for other MMOs (INCLUDING WoW back in its vanilla days), where the first thing they focus on is to make the game playable, then add stuff to add a variety of activities to expand the gameplay, and to add quality of life stuff to make the game enjoyable to play. Guild Wars 2 hasn’t reached its full potential yet. Its still a very young game. And like anything, it need to grow. Give them time, cause they aren’t exactly working with Blizzard’s amount of money in their pockets.

Wolfheart.1938

@TheMaskedGamer:

I see no overreaction: most people are simply asking Arenanet to open SAB in its current form. That requires little effort & time, so your argument really doesn’t work. I for one would love to see W3 & W4 but I can totally understand why they would stop development on it.

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Didn’t they fire the guy who basically created SAB?

But yeah, Anet has a plan in mind. We may not like it, but it was / is never about us. They are still in the phase of using hard statistics over test servers and player feedback. Sure, its like a step back 15 years, but whatever.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Seriously, guys. Just chill. I read the interview and nothing is mentioned in verbatim indicating that SAB is not going to come back. I am confident it will come back eventually. Perhaps around mid-season or near the end of the season, who knows?

SAB is not going to come back during the course of LS2 because Mordremoth > Jumping around. Makes sense, but then they go on to say that we may not be seeing SAB after LS2, depending on if, when, how they can fit it in into the overarching story. Also, it sounded like LS was going to be a big, big, big continuation annd that means it’s too intense for jumping around.

Halloween and Wintersday don’t fit within the current living story narrative. I guess we won’t be getting those this year too? Just playing devil’s advocate here.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I never liked SAB. I know i’m probably in the minority, but i didn’t like it because it destroys immersion within the world of Tyria. Yes, the Asuran technology was used as an excuse, but it was still just an excuse to implement it. It’s not only SAB that does it with their pixelated weapons, but it’s also baseball caps, sunglasses, quaggan backpacks and hoods, etc. I understand GW2 needs to have some fun stuff (GW1 also did this too), but doing so should be relevant to the world of Tyria.

With that said, Anet should refund the Infinite Coin purchases, or compensate players another way of equal worth.

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

I never liked SAB. I know i’m probably in the minority, but i didn’t like it because it destroys immersion within the world of Tyria. Yes, the Asuran technology was used as an excuse, but it was still just an excuse to implement it. It’s not only SAB that does it with their pixelated weapons, but it’s also baseball caps, sunglasses, quaggan backpacks and hoods, etc. I understand GW2 needs to have some fun stuff (GW1 also did this too), but doing so should be relevant to the world of Tyria.

With that said, Anet should refund the Infinite Coin purchases, or compensate players another way of equal worth.

More or less than a rainbow unicorn shooting bow, or a confetti shooting pistol.

Say what you will about SAB, but it had more lore and heft with regard to it’s relationship to the game than legendaries and other things.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Well, someone should clarify what was said at the interview.

Personally, I would like to see SAB come in on a monthly rotation. One weekend a month we have SAB available. It’s fun and it fits in well with the Asuran city.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

(edited by Katz.5143)

Posted by: TheDraco.3965

TheDraco.3965

God the way Anet answers questions is highly cringeworthy. Just answer the questions stop dodging around everything like you’re mysterious. Its no longer getting people excited it just peeves them off.

(edited by TheDraco.3965)

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

I’m sure there’s already a million threads by now, But I recon I can make this one more than the words “SAB OR RIOT” posted over and over. We all love SAB, it was one of the coolest things in the game that was there solely for the fun of it (and a few skins), no economy involved. I think We’d all be happy just for the ability to play the previous levels, no new content. Abuncha people pressured me to take a screenshot of us ontop the SAB and post it here, but i have no bloody idea where on my computer GW2 Screenshots go so instead I’m going to attach this picture of an overly fluffed sheep in hopes that it warms the developers hearts to our plight.

Attachments:

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Well I was hoping we could all talk about how awsome SAB was and so on but I guess I have a pitchfork lying around here somewhere…

Edit: Or for real instead of rioting we could all just make ALOT of memes about this, I call dibs on the dos equis guy

Attachments:

(edited by Silhouette.5631)

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I have a friend who was also only waiting for SAB to come back. Today must have been a sad day for him learning it won’t happen any time soon.

What I miss about SAB is that you actually have fun with a party of friends, instead of doing it single-player-mode like the Living Story.

Posted by: hendusoone.3504

hendusoone.3504

Bring it back, please! #OccupySAB2014

Attachments:

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Or for real instead of rioting we could all just make ALOT of memes about this

It’s a deal. I made a:

Grumpy Cat

and a

Scumbag Steve

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

This group has been growing since today’s sad announcement regarding Super Adventure Box (SAB). The last time I saw this many angry people was when TTS protested the new World Boss Timer last April.

Quick! Someone call the Peacemakers!

Scroll down for more pics! Feel free to add your protest pictures here!

Attachments:

(edited by kta.6502)

Posted by: Poledra Val.1490

Poledra Val.1490

I’m not actually advocating some other posters methods of getting attention about SaB, however there is clearly an issue here that should be resolved with a little communication, since some players in the community are clearly is at odds with the developers vision.

Firstly Anet have not actually stated that they will be removing SaB permanently, what I am getting from that interview though is that there wont be any further development on it for the foreseeable future.

I do believe what most players would like to happen now if that is the case is that Anet simply turns on SaB with its current content and let players at least have the “choice” to play it every so often.

Yes people will get bored of it eventually however give players the freedom to choose to play it on a regular basis or not.

I’m also disappointed with what has been said about SAB however having a constructive discussion rather then bouncing off the walls with indignation wont solve anything.

(edited by Poledra Val.1490)

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

hey anet , pls DONT bring sab back , i have enough skins for weapons&shield in my bank , LET THE PRICE GET HIGHER AND HIGHER !!!

ps: to be fair , get the ppl with infinte coin a refund ;D