Posted by: SlackerATC.5934

SlackerATC.5934

Nice shot of the fun happening at #OCCUPYSAB2014

Attachments:

Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Screenie from Gunnars Hold (Im the one with the boombox)

Attachments:

Posted by: Excell.1042

Excell.1042

We could use more people on EU to show our support! Join on Riftguard Excell for a taxi to the riot! Lets show Anet out love for SAB, Baguettes, Bradwürst and-.. well. Most likely SAB!

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I just discovered that this was going on, I had no plans to play today but I had to log on and join in. Got my mini Moto and boom box with me, lets hope Arena Net notice!

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: PlasticHippo.8934

PlasticHippo.8934

just wanted to pop in a show my support to bringing SAB back into the game, the infinite continue coin has been one of the very few items in game that I paid real money for, I did that to show my support that I really enjoyed this content. I feel very sad that one of the best parts of the game (SAB) is going away, please bring it back.

Posted by: Evermore.5649

Evermore.5649

It would take very little to simply re-enable the already existing SAB, and the issue would be solved.
It’s in a faraway corner of the world. If you care about SAB, go and play. Just like keg brawl and whatever.

But NO

ANET KNOWS BEST

How dare you customers voice your opinions. Just go and buy more gems. MORE GEMS. Nothing else matters.

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

Lets keep stuff as civil as possible here, no need to give them a reason to lock this thread. This thread/movement is exploding in the community!

SAB riot/party/vigil in NA is in full swing!

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

Randulf.7614

Yes, no matter of opinion – support or against, please keep the thread civil. This has spawned a fun community event and it would be good to keep the fun going

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Having a great time so far

Attachments:

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: ntx.2976

ntx.2976

Its always SUNNY in SUNNYGLADE !
Keep this a non toxic celebration of our love for princess miya please.
Down with lord vanquish !

SBI

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

Underworld is crying and boycotting about SAB. Join us and help SAB gets back, permanently!

#OccupySAB2014 #SaveMotosWork

Attachments:

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

The SAB brought so much joy into our gaming experience, my boyfriend had himself painted with his Bee Dog,

Attachments:

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

With the plethora of items being monetized lately, would it not be funny if they brought the Box back and charged admission? HAHAHAHAH, watch what happens.

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Shh, don’t give them any bad ideas

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: elinos.7493

elinos.7493

Not that I want them to, but I’d be fine with that. I bought the coin, I’d buy the admission. That’s content worth paying for.

Posted by: Flamy.7623

Flamy.7623

Almighty ones we’re starving now. We’re lacking SABness. Bring back old worlds…please!

Posted by: Swity.4921

Swity.4921

We really do want SAB back Arenanet…..

Excell.1042

#OccupySAB2014 – A big thank you to everyone on the EU side for massive support!

Attachments:

Posted by: Dehuang.2053

Dehuang.2053

#OccupySAB2014 Big event happening in NA
Thank you everyone, the last two days have been incredibly awesome even tho we got a somewhat…. horrible.. interview. Show your love to SAB!!

Attachments:

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

There’s a second #OCCUPYSAB2014 overflow. It just keeps getting bigger.

Attachments:

(edited by Phantasmal.5631)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Interestingly enough not many people did seem to miss SAB until the interview yesterday, and yet now it seems like it is the most missed thing ever released in the game.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

Interestingly enough not many people did seem to miss SAB until the interview yesterday, and yet now it seems like it is the most missed thing ever released in the game.

Actually I know of a few people who have been on break from the game hoping SAB would come back. That could be just me though.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

We all had hope it would be coming back this year (In september, right when it came out last year). Now we’ve been told that the devs don’t know how likely it is that it even WILL come back.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Posted by: Seth.4927

Seth.4927

SAB always had regular appreciation posts and was anticipated on almost every single break that GW2 has took on updates. The time between World 1 and World 2 releases was around 6 months, people kept waiting for SAB to return and now we got the news that it is not even being worked on due to not fitting in the Living Story…Fans of SAB are making sure they are heard and that SAB is an appreciated content that they want to see back. The interview has many of us worried about the future of a beloved content.

Roker
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Source pls? Or is it yet another unsubstantiated claim?

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Randulf.7614

No arguing please in thread guys. Agree or disagree, the choice is free to make. Just keep it civil, constructive and fun

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

You are right, we shouldn’t give attention to attempts to derailing the thread

Attachments:

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

We have had plenty of topics, but until that interview no one had and reason to be concerened, most just thought it would be back later this year. Now we all know better everyone is up at arms.

Bring back SAB!

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I heard from one of the employees that most ArenaNet devs are aware of the protest. Also we got a few ArenaNet devs supporting the protest so there is a high chance of this thing returning.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Lets make this protest every day since we got confirmation about world 3!

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

toll booths every 5 platform, only 1 gold to proceed. I cant wait.

Posted by: Serbaayuu.3051

Serbaayuu.3051

as a player who is, for the most part, quite happy with how the game stands currently.

I have my problems with the core game, some of the stuff that’s been added in the past, and some of the things that have happened in LS2. But for a long time now, I think that everything that has been implemented into the game has been, overall, overwhelmingly positive.

So, I feel the need to state this because the community is going absolutely bonkers right now, and I’m afraid that they’ll cause a kneejerk reaction that I don’t want to see:

• I don’t want expansions
  • I want more temporary content mixed with permanent content and the continuation of the living world as the main feature of the game throughout its lifetime
  • I want more zones (and dungeons and stuff!) just like what we’ve seen in Dry Top, which has been 100% fantastic. Season 2 in terms of the quality of the content has been stellar.
  • I don’t mind if the devs are quiet. When they DO deliver things, they are usually good.
  • I still trust in the GW2 and ArenaNet ideal to be innovative and to stick to your guns when it comes to good ideas. The Living World is going to have a huge impact on the MMO industry, but only if it continues for GW2’s entire lifetime.

I wrote this because the people who are losing their minds over an interview are being extremely loud right now, to the point where one might think the entire playerbase thinks that way. This is not true. Those of us who enjoy the game and have been enjoying it for years are still in-game. And we do not want to be forgotten. We want the game to keep improving in the direction it has been going in the past year, not changing course to the old, stale industry standard.

And so I am going to leave this post here and go back to playing the game instead of arguing about it.

Sylva – 80 Ranger
The Fifth Column [FCol]
Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Sodeni.6041

Sodeni.6041

SAB WARS 2 PLS

Attachments:

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

While I, along with plenty of others (as the forums clearly show), disagree with nearly everything you’ve said – this post is a good thing. A simple reminder not to always cave in to those who disagree and want something different, since some people do actually like what’s going on.

Now, you should prepare yourself for some flaming…

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Right then, +1 to the number of people who aren’t upset with GW2 at the moment. I’ll add it to the tally to be presented to the gods at the end of time.

Thanks for the heads up?

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Randulf.7614

SAB Guild and EU map conga line

Attachments:

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

What riot? If you mean people complaining on the forum that’s just business as usual.

If you mean the thing with people camping in Rata Sum I thought that was entirely about someone at Anet saying Super Adventure Box might never come back, nothing to do with the rest of the stuff they have (or have not) released.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Excell.1042

Here on the EU server we made quite a danceline that stretched from the box to the first bridge that leads to the college of Dynamics!

Attachments:

Posted by: Tasmosuth.4265

Tasmosuth.4265

#DanceforSAB2014

Attachments:

Posted by: Serbaayuu.3051

Serbaayuu.3051

Now, you should prepare yourself for some flaming…

That’s why when I post on these forums, I usually leave my thoughts and then go back to playing the game, and don’t look at the replies for several weeks. :P

Sylva – 80 Ranger
The Fifth Column [FCol]
Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Liraela.3601

Liraela.3601

I wanna SAB ! >_>

Posted by: wondo.2870

wondo.2870

Just off work and about to login to continue the #OccupySAB2014 !!!

Some clarifications:
We understand SAB may not make an appearance in 2014, considering the interview said they had NOT been working on it. All we ask is to consider it’s appearance in 2015 and to please take note how many fans SAB truely had. Anet’s “metrics” on SAB Part 2: Back to School were skewed by the release of ascended weapon crafting and the introduction of new mega boss fights via Tequatl. Both were released in Sept 2013 alongside with SAB World 2. I ask you Arenanet, what holiday/reoccurring event do you think could compete with linear progression(ascended 500 crafting) and the introduction of a new pve game feature(mega world bosses)? Would Wintersday or even Halloween hold up?

When you visit the rallies please keep note that our enthusiasm varies greatly from person to person:
-want it released RIGHT MEOW “SAB or RIOT”
-has never played SAB but wonders what it is
-wants additional worlds 3 and 4
-would be ok with it just coming back “as-is”
-wants it to be permanent
-wants it to be reoccurring content
-forum regulars
-non forum regulars
-could see it existing in the current Living Story
-thinks it stands alone without the need for Living Story involvement

but one thing they all have in common is their enthusiasm for SAB <3

SAB is LOVE, SAB is LIFE #OccupySAB2014

(edited by wondo.2870)

Excell.1042

#OccupySAB2014, On EU, we jamp off Ratasum in a leap of faith to the Dev’s!

Attachments:

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

So, I feel the need to state this because the community is going absolutely bonkers right now…

You ain’t kiddin’. I have a feeling the majority of people jumping on this “riot” are just going by word of mouth and didn’t actually read the interview.

I remember reading about a common complaint that the first season felt “disjointed”. Did Super Adventure Box contribute to that or did that issue not actually exist?

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

EU players you are amazing! Keep up the SAB enthusiasm! Please Devs, bring back SAB. We do love you and the hard work you give us, but please we want our beloved SAB back! Thank you.

There’s a ton more people than in this picture, just highlighting the peaceful communal bonfire.

Attachments:

(edited by Phantasmal.5631)

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Not that I want them to, but I’d be fine with that. I bought the coin, I’d buy the admission. That’s content worth paying for.

So would I, and several friends of mine. If they put a Golden Continue Coin (or whatever) in the gem shop that granted permanent access to the existing levels, I’d buy it.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I, too, have been mostly satisfied with the direction of the game. Do what you feel is best, ArenaNet. I don’t think ‘rioting’ is the way to accomplish anything. Even if it is virtual.

I would hope we, as a society, can move beyond such mob mentality and less than civil behavior. A peaceful protest would have been much more appropriate.

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

I’ve missed the hell out of it, I just rarely post things on the forums. As we all know, the forum users are just a small minority, right? Can’t claim that people posting things on the forums are just a minority, then claim the the lack of things on the forums also means a minority…

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Those of us who enjoy the game and have been enjoying it for years are still in-game.

I feel compelled to point out that while you are decrying one group’s “us” agenda, you are pushing your own “us” agenda.

Must every forum post read like political lobbying?

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: rhael.6317

rhael.6317

Just gonna say it.

S. A. B. Fractal.

/duck
#serious

Leafy Lemon of Unrepentant [Uey]
Stormbluff Isle Megaserver, PvX, US
www.unrepentantgaming.com